Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+43
Godric
Erk
kvs
2SPOOKY4U
Flagship Victory
Viktor
Khepesh
Inetwarrior
VladimirSahin
Ispan
Dforce
Walther von Oldenburg
Chersonesus
BKP
GarryB
Rodinazombie
calripson
Werewolf
franco
Regular
Big_Gazza
auslander
Ruthenius
ExBeobachter1987
Ghoster
Boreas
Cucumber Khan
gregoire
Vann7
KoTeMoRe
KomissarBojanchev
PapaDragon
Karl Haushofer
higurashihougi
Cowboy's daughter
Odin of Ossetia
flamming_python
Project Canada
par far
JohninMK
sepheronx
whir
Neutrality
47 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19

Rodinazombie

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #19

Post  Rodinazombie Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:29 pm

This business of osce suddenly telling the truth is very interesting.

Any idea what it means?
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #19

Post  JohninMK Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:34 pm

Rodinazombie wrote:This business of osce suddenly telling the truth is very interesting.

Any idea what it means?
    Don't know but today's report is a big one and very interesting. For those who say that NAF is not firing back, how about this snippet

On 16 August in government-controlled Verkhnotoretske (22km north-north-east of Donetsk), the SMM followed up on information received from a Ukrainian Armed Forces officer of heavy shelling at their base 1km south-west of the village on 8 August. The SMM saw at least four 2m deep craters in the asphalt assessed to have been caused by special ammunition capable of penetrating bunkers.

and this

On the same day in government-controlled Andriivka (41km north-north-east of Mariupol), the SMM conducted crater analysis of eleven fresh craters caused by shelling on the previous day, according to information received from a resident. The SMM assessed that the impacts have been caused by 152mm artillery incoming from a north-easterly direction. Three residential houses were severely damaged and others slightly. The SMM was told by the residents that five civilians had been injured due to the shelling.

http://www.osce.org/ukraine-smm/177826
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:46 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    ''Ukraine Soldiers Killing Themselves at an Alarming Rate''

http://russia-insider.com/en/over-100-suicides-among-ukrainian-soldiers-reported-beginning-fighting-donbas/ri9233

Probably more like 100 soldiers murdered for refusing to fight, and reported as suicides.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:57 pm

Rodinazombie wrote:This business of osce suddenly telling the truth is very interesting.

Any idea what it means?

Probably just covering their asses....or maybe the Kiev's sugardaddy is sending his ho a message to tone it downa bit.

But sugardaddy doesn't have issues with approaching winter, unlike ho... quite a conundrum for ukrops is it?
    Dforce

Post  Dforce Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:23 pm

Totally agree:

On 15 August the SMM unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) observed in DPR-controlled areas: one ‘R-330ZH Zhitel’ jamming communication station [...]

Guess the seps built it out of Lego.. russia
    Chersonesus

Post  Chersonesus Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:23 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Chersonesus wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Chersonesus wrote:Sparta battalion has released a video of its museum showing the smaller trophies from the battles. They appear to have captured a minigun (0:40 into video). Before and after photos of a group of cyborgs.

youtube.com/watch?v=l-i5F_n84jc

Looks like a Shipunov 7.62mm. From Crocodile gunpod?

That looks about right. I'm sure it would appeal to the Ukrop's US-style macho instinct.

OT: When I try to post links, there is a message saying something to the effect that new members cannot post links. How do I get link posting privileges?

Just wait another couple of days, you'll be granted the privelage automatically.

Thanks. I have been a member for more than 7 days (which someone else mentioned as a critical period). I have my browser set to clear cookies on exit. Will that have any effect on this?
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:29 pm

Propaganda Manufacturing House discrediting others by calling them trolls. Nice way to restablish your discredited propaganda :

Russia’s Troll Army Is Making Life Harder for US Spies

http://www.defenseone.com/technology/2015/08/russias-troll-army-making-life-harder-us-spies/119179/?oref=DefenseOneFB
    Chersonesus

Post  Chersonesus Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:31 pm

Dforce wrote:

Totally agree:

On 15 August the SMM unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) observed in DPR-controlled areas: one ‘R-330ZH Zhitel’ jamming communication station [...]

Guess the seps built it out of Lego.. russia

Good stuff, Lego. You can build all sorts using it and from a distance it is indistinguishable from the real mccoy.

I suspect the Ukrops will go the Ikea route for their stuff.
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:33 pm

Regarding the OSCE

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 40 Image18

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 40 Image19
    Chersonesus

Post  Chersonesus Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:34 pm

max steel wrote:Propaganda Manufacturing House discrediting others by calling them trolls. Nice way to restablish your discredited propaganda :

Russia’s Troll Army Is Making Life Harder for US Spies

http://www.defenseone.com/technology/2015/08/russias-troll-army-making-life-harder-us-spies/119179/?oref=DefenseOneFB

The US is developing a fine line in chutzpah. The have issued a demand that China withdraw its secret agents from America. Sure - but only after the US pulls its regime change scamsters from China.

https://z5h64q92x9.net/proxy_u/ru-en.en/tvzvezda.ru/news/vstrane_i_mire/content/201508170535-97ly.htm

[Woohoo - I can enter proper links at last!]
    Chersonesus

Post  Chersonesus Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:36 pm

Rodinazombie wrote:Regarding the OSCE

The OSCE guy needs a 'kick me' sign pinned to the back of his body armour.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:37 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Kotemore, what exactly is the frontline strength of both sides? How many men, tanks, art pieces? I know it's over 50k at each side but I don't have precise numbers.

There are no precise but try here;
    https://www.russiadefence.net/t3872-united-armed-forces-of-novorossiya-naf
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:46 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:Ukraine fails to secure debt write-off at US talks

http://www.rt.com/news/312509-ukraine-debt-talks-california/

The country’s GDP is expected to shrink 9 percent this year, with annual inflation expected to jump to 46 percent, the IMF has warned. The debt will hit 95 percent of GDP this year, according to the National Bank of Ukraine.

I can't believe RT is spouting the 9% figure when Ukraine's GDP fell almost 18% year on year in the 1st quarter.
    To have a net fall of 9% in 2015 requires Ukraine's GDP to grow by 9% in the remaining 3 quarters.   That ain't
    gonna happen since the 2nd quarter will still be down compared to 2014:

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 40 RussiaUkraineGDP

Note the lack of any turn-around trend in Ukraine's GDP drop.

You're calculating it wrong.

Don't take the quarterly figure as 'GDP has fallen by 18%', but rather 'GDP will fall by 18% this year if we have 3 more quarters like this one'.

In other words, the GDP decline for Q1 was 18/4 = 4.5%
    Or rather 17.6/4 = 4.4% to be exact

The GDP decline for Q2 BTW has already been published; 14.7%

Shame its decline stopped accelerating  cheers

But no matter. As long as the decline in the next 2 quarters averages out at at least 13.85%; we'd still end up with the Ukraine loosing 15% of its economy this year. Suits me.

I don't understand your confusion. Year on year means what it says. The Ukrainian GDP in the 1st quarter of 2015
    was 17.6% smaller than in the 1st quarter of 2014. There is no factor 1/4 in this figure and my statement was
    correct. Look it up.
    par far

Post  par far Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:47 pm

Rodinazombie wrote:Regarding the OSCE

Grab the OSCE fucker and take him to the area where the fascists are shelling.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:50 pm

Chersonesus wrote:Thanks. I have been a member for more than 7 days (which someone else mentioned as a critical period). I have my browser set to clear cookies on exit. Will that have any effect on this?

Need more posts I think.
    Chersonesus

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 40 Empty The Situation in the Ukraine.

Post  Chersonesus Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:54 pm

Flagship Victory wrote:
    Chersonesus wrote:Thanks. I have been a member for more than 7 days (which someone else mentioned as a critical period). I have my browser set to clear cookies on exit. Will that have any effect on this?

Need more posts I think.

Thanks. The issue seems to be resolved. I hope it survives my logout later this evening.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:55 am