Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Share

    Starlight
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 14
    Points : 12
    Join date : 2014-07-05

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Starlight on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:10 am

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Starlight wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:The panickers have arisen  cheers 

    Porky will end up on the grill courtesy of his own hungry people, and yet some people are saying that he's gonna be retaking the Crimea. Gold.

    The massacre in Odessa was a war crime and an act of war

    The correct response to that is not to support Poroshenko's election (unless you have the mentality of a slave)

    Soon Porky will starve the populations of Lugansk and Donetsk

    The Ukrainian army will be just as starved with Poroshenko's rations of moldy bread.

    Washington's geo-strategists have made Moscow completely impotent with the threat of more sanctions. Moldy bread is an easy problem for Wall Street financiers

    TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5840
    Points : 5892
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  TR1 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:29 am

    TheGeorgian wrote:
    TR1 wrote:Get real.

    Crimea is staying. Poroshenko is yapping to the masses, he has no teeth whatsoever.

    Territorial claims shift to here and there nowdays. It's about political value than anything else !

    War isn't allways necessary to achieve that. If they can force Putin/Kremlin to rethink their decision, they will eventualy be able to reclaim it. After all that issue is not 100% done yet.

    Yes but Putin has clearly cast his political fortunes on taking Ukraine.

    I envisage no scenario in our lifetimes that Crimea will change hands. And the kind of steps needed to do it (if possible at all) are not in the interest or capability of Europe or the US either.

    Starlight
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 14
    Points : 12
    Join date : 2014-07-05

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Starlight on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:37 am

    TR1 wrote:

    I envisage no scenario in our lifetimes that Crimea will change hands. And the kind of steps needed to do it (if possible at all) are not in the interest or capability of Europe or the US either.

    You are mistaken. If hundreds can be slaughtered with impuity, towns bombed for weeks on end, and hundreds of thousands (with the number accelerating) turned into refugees, because a frightened Russian elite doesn't want any more sanctions, then it is easy to have a scenario where increased sanctions could force a change of status of Crimea

    Strizh
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 135
    Points : 136
    Join date : 2014-05-06

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Strizh on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:50 am

    Starlight is right we are losing because the oligarchs don't want to lose their money!!!
    There must be immediate strikes against all military targets in Ukraine. After the west applies sanctions against Russia. Russia must conquer Ukraine build a new country (Novorussia) after this ensure the safety of the Russian population in the Baltic's. Secure the areas and take it under Russian control. Transnistria must become again a part of Russia. Full support for Syria and make it clear that any attempt of the west to try to intervene will be answered with immediate nuclear strikes.

    Starlight
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 14
    Points : 12
    Join date : 2014-07-05

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Starlight on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:59 am

    Strizh wrote:Starlight is right we are losing because the oligarchs don't want to lose their money!!!
    There must be immediate strikes against all military targets in Ukraine. After the west applies sanctions against Russia. Russia must conquer Ukraine build a new country (Novorussia) after this ensure the safety of the Russian population in the Baltic's. Secure the areas and take it under Russian control. Transnistria must become again a part of Russia. Full support for Syria and make it clear that any attempt of the west to try to intervene will be answered with immediate nuclear strikes.

    Air strikes? The elite in Moscow is terrified of sending even one military aircraft over the skies of Donetsk

    Forget about Baltics, forget about Ukraine. Just saving the people of Donbass would be a huge achievement, but this looks unlikely

    TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5840
    Points : 5892
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  TR1 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:12 am

    Starlight wrote:
    TR1 wrote:

    I envisage no scenario in our lifetimes that Crimea will change hands. And the kind of steps needed to do it (if possible at all) are not in the interest or capability of Europe or the US either.

    You are mistaken. If hundreds can be slaughtered with impuity, towns bombed for weeks on end, and hundreds of thousands (with the number accelerating) turned into refugees, because a frightened Russian elite doesn't want any more sanctions, then it is easy to have a scenario where increased sanctions could force a change of status of Crimea

    It is their nation. Nations have violated rights of their citizens internally since day 1 of sovereignty. It changes...nothing.

    Intervening further in Ukraine would be bad for Russia period, not just elites. It is not a board game like the tabletop generals in this thread think.

    There is no realistic scenario for Crimea being forced away from Russia. None of the Russian trade partners and major oil importers have given two shits in the grand scheme of things. As soon as Ukraine calms down, its business as usual.

    TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5840
    Points : 5892
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  TR1 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:13 am

    Strizh wrote:Starlight is right we are losing because the oligarchs don't want to lose their money!!!
    There must be immediate strikes against all military targets in Ukraine. After the west applies sanctions against Russia. Russia must conquer Ukraine build a new country (Novorussia) after this ensure the safety of the Russian population in the Baltic's. Secure the areas and take it under Russian control. Transnistria must become again a part of Russia. Full support for Syria and make it clear that any attempt of the west to try to intervene will be answered with immediate nuclear strikes.

    I am so glad you children don't make policy.

    Firebird
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 909
    Points : 941
    Join date : 2011-10-14

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Firebird on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:14 am

    Most of Europe cant understand why Russia hasnt intervened.
    Much of America is disgusted by America's troublemaking in the Ukraine.

    So why the fuck is Putin allowing Russian people in Donbass (yes Russian people, banned from having Russian passports!) to be treated like how Bush treated Saddam Hussein?

    Starlight
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 14
    Points : 12
    Join date : 2014-07-05

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Starlight on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:20 am

    TR1 wrote:

    Intervening further in Ukraine would be bad for Russia period, not just elites. It is not a board game like the tabletop generals in this thread think.

    There is no realistic scenario for Crimea being forced away from Russia. None of the Russian trade partners and major oil importers have given two shits in the grand scheme of things. As soon as Ukraine calms down, its business as usual.  

    Russia will probably have to follow instructions, as with Milosevic. If not, there will be consequences. Geo-politics is broader and sits above oil trade

    Everybody knows that the Russian government encouraged the people of Donbass (who in all fairness wanted to be free from Kiev for some time), and then stopped supporting them. It stopped because the elite is afraid of further sanctions

    TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5840
    Points : 5892
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  TR1 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:27 am

    You think sanctions will be good for the average Russian?

    Hint, no, they will not.

    Starlight
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 14
    Points : 12
    Join date : 2014-07-05

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Starlight on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:32 am

    TR1 wrote:You think sanctions will be good for the average Russian?

    Hint, no, they will not.

    If you are terrified of anything, including sanctions, then you have lost already (But life for a self sufficient country like Russia may actually mostly continue as before)

    Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3228
    Points : 3352
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Vann7 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:38 am

    TheGeorgian wrote:
    TR1 wrote:Get real.

    Crimea is staying. Poroshenko is yapping to the masses, he has no teeth whatsoever.

    Territorial claims shift to here and there nowdays. It's about political value than anything else !

    War isn't allways necessary to achieve that. If they can force Putin/Kremlin to rethink their decision, they will eventualy be able to reclaim it. After all that issue is not 100% done yet.


    Your living in delusion man , if you think that Russia will give away Crimea ,just to not annoy Poroshenko or Obama.
    Don't sit waiting for that. To attack Crimea is a declaration of war against Russia and Russia will wipe Ukraine in a few hours all their army.
    I actually believe they will do it but for others reasons.. NATO CIA mercenaries cronies are in Ukraine border helping the neonazis ,and nothing stop them to launch a missile against any part of Russia.. But such attack have nothing to do ,with taking crimea back but with
    Revenge . And a attempt to provoke Russia into fighting Ukraine in a major war.


    You know why NATO do not give Ukraine and Georgia a membership ?
    Because both of them have high probability to provoke Russia into a war again.. And it will look very bad Russia fighting
    A NATO member and US and its allies doing nothing.. Simply NATO is not going to risk world war 3 with Russia and a nuclear war ,
    for 2 small countries that they absolutely cares nothing about.









    Starlight
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 14
    Points : 12
    Join date : 2014-07-05

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Starlight on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:45 am

    Vann7 wrote:

    You know why NATO do not give Ukraine and Georgia a membership ?
    Because both of them have high probability to provoke Russia into a war again.. And it will look very bad Russia fighting
    A NATO member and US and its allies doing nothing.. Simply NATO is not going to risk world war 3 with Russia and a nuclear war ,
    for 2 small countries that they absolutely cares nothing about.



    You are mistaken

    NATO membership is not required for NATO to start a war. Look at Yugoslavia. NATO member Turkey invaded Cyprus, killing 6,000 people and it is still in occupation. NATO can make excuses to attack Ukraine or Georgia as it did in Afghanistan

    The Odessa massacre (and the fear of the Russian elite to respond) started Russia's defeat in Ukraine

    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3182
    Points : 3310
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  flamming_python on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:12 am

    Starlight wrote:
    TR1 wrote:

    Intervening further in Ukraine would be bad for Russia period, not just elites. It is not a board game like the tabletop generals in this thread think.

    There is no realistic scenario for Crimea being forced away from Russia. None of the Russian trade partners and major oil importers have given two shits in the grand scheme of things. As soon as Ukraine calms down, its business as usual.  

    Russia will probably have to follow instructions, as with Milosevic. If not, there will be consequences. Geo-politics is broader and sits above oil trade

    Everybody knows that the Russian government encouraged the people of Donbass (who in all fairness wanted to be free from Kiev for some time), and then stopped supporting them. It stopped because the elite is afraid of further sanctions

    You know, back in Stalin's time, people like you would have been executed as suspected provocateurs attempting to ferment panic among the population/troops.

    Seriously dude, give it a break. Conflict has barely begun; there will be plenty more to this sad tale until the Ukrainians are stopped; but I'm convinced that they will, and not a single criminal from there will escape justice.

    TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5840
    Points : 5892
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  TR1 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:18 am

    Starlight wrote:
    TR1 wrote:You think sanctions will be good for the average Russian?

    Hint, no, they will not.

    If you are terrified of anything, including sanctions, then you have lost already (But life for a self sufficient country like Russia may actually mostly continue as before)

    Yeah who needs a growing economy and a rising standard of living, North Korea is the way to go.

    Starlight
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 14
    Points : 12
    Join date : 2014-07-05

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Starlight on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:34 am

    TR1 wrote:
    Starlight wrote:
    TR1 wrote:You think sanctions will be good for the average Russian?

    Hint, no, they will not.

    If you are terrified of anything, including sanctions, then you have lost already (But life for a self sufficient country like Russia may actually mostly continue as before)

    Yeah who needs a growing economy and a rising standard of living, North Korea is the way to go.

    The frightened oligarchs will be enormously grateful for your support!
    Maybe those who are being massacred and bombed by Washington's stooges in Kiev would prefer North Korea!

    Starlight
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 14
    Points : 12
    Join date : 2014-07-05

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Starlight on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:36 am

    flamming_python wrote:

    You know, back in Stalin's time, people like you would have been executed as suspected provocateurs attempting to ferment panic among the population/troops.

    Your making absolutely no sense! Can you explain?

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Werewolf on Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:02 am

    TR1 wrote:
    Starlight wrote:
    TR1 wrote:You think sanctions will be good for the average Russian?

    Hint, no, they will not.

    If you are terrified of anything, including sanctions, then you have lost already (But life for a self sufficient country like Russia may actually mostly continue as before)

    Yeah who needs a growing economy and a rising standard of living, North Korea is the way to go.

    Sure,because Russia is North Korea...

    The entire damn planned relies on exports of russian natural resources especially timber,metals,precious metals and gas/oil. That is fact and that will not change untill some super jungle grows within a few years in central europe, or they somehow magically find metal in big quantity and quality in europe that outshadows russian market.

    Russia is not possible to be isolated, everyone would automatically isolate himself.

    Russia has to fill the gaps they have to become 100% autonomous and thats it for everyone like US empire with ambitions to harm and occupy russia, the economical sector will be than completley protected from such scum.

    The biggest threat are traitors the 5th column of oligarchs, just take their money and jail for lifetime for enemy of the state like they should be sentenced.

    TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5840
    Points : 5892
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  TR1 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:04 am

    So now the Oligarchs are the bad guys?

    But Putin, who this forum was all over before this Ukraine-mess, and his circle of thieves are ok?

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Werewolf on Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:21 am

    TR1 wrote:So now the Oligarchs are the bad guys?

    But Putin, who this forum was all over before this Ukraine-mess, and his circle of thieves are ok?


    The term Oligarch are in no universe connectable with Good guy, so yes they are bad guys, and especially those oligarchs that are holding their money in the West and are now little shit rabbits that are eager to betray own kind and country just to keep the stolen money. I don't see Putin being the 5th column eager to betray the country and let in everyone from the West. As long he is not called the democrat and friend of the West in western MSM i don't see he being the 5th column.

    Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1946
    Points : 2117
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Cyberspec on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:00 am

    I think you guys are barking up the wrong tree...the following is my own interpretation of events.

    It's not so much sanctions that Russia is worried about but a serious permanent break down of relations with the EU. As the saying goes, war is a continuation of policy via other means. And policy and war are almost always about gaining some economic advantage. In short, the US policy is to build a virtual wall between the EU and Russia and prevent further economic cooperation/integration between them.

    Russia's policy is to have a working relationship with the EU and as a bonus, try to steer the EU (or at least it's major members) towards a more independent foreign policy position instead of blindly following Washington at it's own detriment.

    Russia doesn't want just the Donbass enclave. It wants a Ukraine that will serve as a bridge for it's economy towards the EU.

    I think the Russian leadership are convinced that the Kiev regime is unsustainable and that it will not be around for long. They believe that after the fall of the regime, they can engineer a federal Ukraine where the Russian regions will be able to join the Customs Union, while the western regions can have their EU association.




    Firebird
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 909
    Points : 941
    Join date : 2011-10-14

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Firebird on Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:39 am

    Maybe the Kiev regime wont be around too long. It doesnt need that long to commit mass slaughter of civillians.

    Real countries operate on a principle of deterrence. Thats why Russia spends trillions on ICBMs etc.
    If you wont apply your deterrent, you have no credibility. People can piss around, but these are Russians in Donbass, Odessa, Kharkov etc. They might be Russians from Donbass etc, rather than Russians from Muscovy, but they're still Russians. Whatever Ukr passport law precludes.

    And as for sanctions, they won't work. Europe NEEDS Russian oil. The US hardly trades with Russia (except for vital rockets and titanium). And most people cant understand why Russia hasnt finished thejob mths ago.

    I know people involved in the sanctions business. Its all bullshit. You simply sell via a 3rd party country. Or via a 3rd party country company. Iran is public enemy number one in the US. And American companies happily trade with em all day. There's also the element of tit for tat.

    America was simply trying to fuck up the EU. And the EU saw thro it.

    As for the BRICS meeting, wasnt all this decided mths/yrs back? Why should that be the latest justifn for non intervention. The Ukraine has a shitpot military, it doesnt need BRICS approval.


    etaepsilonk
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 717
    Points : 699
    Join date : 2013-11-19

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  etaepsilonk on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:41 am

    As for sanctions, how exactly are they going to affect the course of this war, considering that Russia's involvement was minimal-to-none anyway? Smile

    ----------------
    " By the evening of July 7 in support of Strelkov voted the entire political leadership of DNR - Boroday, Gubarev, Pushilin, Tsarev."

    Firebird
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 909
    Points : 941
    Join date : 2011-10-14

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Firebird on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:07 pm

    America's basically been saying "make sure Donbass lose the war". Otherwise we'll bring in more sanctions.

    And we had Jen Pskanky taunting Russian journalists over the slaughter by hohols.

    Russia should say "an eye for an eye" and start causing shit on American soil. It was interesting to note the RT article today talking about US militias vs Latino illegal migrants...

    Maybe Russia should arm the Latinos to "reclaim their land" or whatever..

    Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1946
    Points : 2117
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Cyberspec on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:16 pm

    Firebird wrote:Maybe the Kiev regime wont be around too long. It doesnt need that long to commit mass slaughter of civillians.

    What are the casualty figures so far?...I wouldn't call it a mass slaughter if you compare it to similar conflicts. It's starting to heat up now, but until recently it's been a sort of a phony war.

    Anyway, by saving the bulk of the fighters from the Slavyansk front, the pro-Russians have bought themselves some time. The most important point is probably Saur Mogila heights which they control. If they can hold it, the Kiev regime forces will find it hard to move on Donetsk (difficult to establish supply lines without control of the heights). It was the sight for hard battles in WWII as well. There are reports that Ljashko's battalion has lost about 2/3 of it's personel assaulting the Saur Mogila heights in the past few days.

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #6

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:03 pm


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:03 pm