Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread

TR1

Re: The "I want to join the Russian Army" Thread

Post  TR1 on Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Jyshky wrote:I know that this thread has been dead for a little time, but is it also possible to come to serve from any countries, that have some historical hate towards each other?

I don't think there is any higher difficulty because of country of origin.
    It is just generally hard for non citizens to join.
    Regular

Post  Regular on Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:13 pm

I can only hope one day there would be foreign legion in Russia of some sort. Smile

calripson

Foreigners

Post  calripson on Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:24 pm

When there is a will there is always a way. However, dreaming of joining the Russian army when you have put zero effort into learning the language, have never even taken a trip to Russia, and can't tell Pushkin from Gogol means you are not serious.

Vann7

Post  Vann7 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:56 am

Jyshky wrote:I know that this thread has been dead for a little time, but is it also possible to come to serve from any countries, that have some historical hate towards each other?

Yes is totally possible..

http://rt.com/politics/russian-army-welcomes-foreigners/

Russia have a program for foreigners to join their army. As long you learn Russia..and Show Interest ,don't see any reason
    why you will not enter even if come from any US or NATO country. For sure you will be tested . But if you are dedicated
    and determined to proof that you belong to that place ,you can enter in any place ,even if your not supposed to be there.

Vann7

Post  Vann7 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:01 am

Yes is totally possible..

Russia have a program for foreigners to join their army. As long you learn Russia..and Show Interest ,don't see any reason
    why you will not enter even if come from any US or NATO country. For sure you will be tested . But if you are dedicated
    and determined to proof that you belong to that place ,you can enter in any place ,even if your not supposed to be there.
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:51 am

It will not be like Top Gun or An Officer and a Gentleman... you will have to work your backside off to get any respect from your tutors who will probably not really understand your motives and likely just suspect you are part of a CIA plot to infiltrate the Russian military.

Don't expect to get into a VDV unit, or Strategic Rocket Forces.

Also expect some fairly serious questions from your own government if you return.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

calripson

Serving In A Foreign Military

Post  calripson on Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:08 pm

I don't know the legality of serving in a foreign military. The only country I know that Americans routinely serve in their military and that certainly doesn't harm their careers is Israel but that speaks more to the political force of the Israel lobby in the USA. For example, holding dual citizenship in America used to be illegal, but Jewish Americans had the rules changed to allow dual citizenship so they could hold Israeli/US citizenship. Now anybody can hold multiple citizenships.
    mig7

air force caccia

Post  mig7 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:50 am

Greetings, what are the general requirements and requirements for entering the Russian air force.
    Also taking into account those who do not have Russian citizenship.

Merci Wink
    mig7

Air Force Russia

Post  mig7 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:54 am

Greetings, what are the general requirements and minimun for entering the Russian air force, taking into consideration here does not have Russian citizenship.

Merci Wink

Mikael

Last edited by mig7 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:06 am

Can you read, write, and speak fluent Russian?

What Russian blood relatives do you have... parent, grandparent etc.

You main problem is trust... they might think you will turn on them or are a spy... your best bet would be to move there and live and work there for a bit and then apply for citizenship...

there are a few threads here with foreigners wanting to join the Russian Army... might be worth a read.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    mig7

Post  mig7 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:21 am

Mean age requirements, physical, citizenship the unwrapping for sure
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:34 pm

Deja vu, haven't we discussed this already.  Shocked 
    mig7

Post  mig7 on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:56 pm

Hi I'm trying but nothing, could you direct me a link, please?
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:03 am

mig7 wrote:Hi I'm trying but nothing, could you direct me a link, please?
    Found it, it was a discussion about an American joining the Russian Army/Military:
    http://www.russiadefence.net/t2843-american-join-russian-army
    mig7

Post  mig7 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:03 am

Therefore, the maximum age to join the Air Force is 30 years?

Understand i?

j.mac

British joining russian paratroopers.

Post  j.mac on Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:36 pm

Hello, I am a british male and am considering joining the VDV. Is this possible? Or will I have to join a different regiment until I get citizenship? Also what happens during the medical? I have a mild scoliosis (curvature of the spine) in the lumbar region. It is just mild, and doesn't cause any back pain or anything. Got full range of motion. Thank you
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:29 pm

AFAIK, you have to be a Russian citizen.

Going by the interest of foreigners about joining the Russian Army in this forum, maybe Russia should form a Foreign Legion.

Vann7

Post  Vann7 on Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:17 am

j.mac wrote:Hello, I am a british male and am considering joining the VDV. Is this possible? Or will I  have to join a different regiment until I get citizenship? Also what happens during the medical? I have a mild scoliosis (curvature of the spine) in the lumbar region. It is just mild, and doesn't cause any back pain or anything. Got full range of motion. Thank you

THis.. says nothing about russian citizen.. but you need to learn Russian at least.. no education need..and you can qualify for Russian citizenship after 3 years of service

The Russian Army is looking for a few good men (and women), but only if you speak Russian and don’t mind having your fingerprints taken. And of course, don’t mind a bit of adventure.   Сlick to enlarge Due to various factors, not least of all Russia’s demographic situation, the Russian Armed Forces are looking to foreigners to help fill their ranks.  "Foreign nationals, between the ages of 18 and 30, applying to serve in the Russian Armed Forces, must speak Russian language," says a draft decree on the new rules for Army service, posted on the Russian Defense Ministry's website.  All qualified applicants will also be required to have their fingerprints on file with the Ministry of Defense.  Unlike Russian citizens, however, who join the military as soldiers, sailors, sergeants or first sergeants after signing a three-year contract, foreign nationals must agree to serve for no less than five years.  Foreign enlistees, however, will not be required to have Russian passports or produce a diploma or other certificate confirming their level of education.  As far as having to take a military oath, that requirement too has been eased for foreign nationals.  "They will not take the military oath and will only sign a contract pledging themselves to abide by the Russian Constitution and to unconditionally fulfill their commanders' orders," Interfax-AVN reported, quoting an anonymous Defense Ministry source.  Aside from having an opportunity to do a bit of travelling, as well getting into shape, service in the Russian military for foreigners comes with some other perks, including the right to become a full-fledged, passport-carrying Russian citizen.  "Foreign nationals serving in the Russian Armed Forces will have the right to apply for Russian citizenship after three years of service," the source said.

Full report here

Regular

Post  Regular on Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:07 am

Well I doubt that scoliosis will go unnoticed in medkom. It depends what angle it is.
    You might not be able to join VDV because of nature of their service. Para drops with full combat gear and bags won't help Your back that's for sure.
    If You are real opportunist then good luck! Chance it. I know a guy who served in Russian army in late 90ies and he had breathing problems and was flatfooted.
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin on Fri May 02, 2014 11:27 am

Hey buddy thank you for considering joining the Russian army but you cannot join VDV until you are a citizen unless you go talk with a embassy (Russian) near you they will give you a contract and after 3 years of service you will be granted citizenship. But you must qualify and be able to speak Russian and I don't think you will be assigned to the VDV but try your luck. And explain to the embassy you want to join the VDV specifically.

j.mac

Post  j.mac on Sun May 04, 2014 5:38 pm

VladimirSahin wrote:Hey buddy thank you for considering joining the Russian army but you cannot join VDV until you are a citizen unless you go talk with a embassy (Russian) near you they will give you a contract and after 3 years of service you will be granted citizenship. But you must qualify and be able to speak Russian and I don't think you will be assigned to the VDV but try your luck. And explain to the embassy you want to join the VDV specifically.

Thank you everyone for the replies, I expected a lot of hate telling me to stop playing video games or whatever... which I don't just to clarify. My scoliosis is 24 degrees, considered mild by the doctor, but the reason I wanted to join VDV is because I want to be the best of the best, and I want the most adventure, and of course to see action. I will be willing to join the russian army and get citizenship after 3 years, but honestly what do you think my chances are, after getting citizenship to join the VDV and a while after that possibly spetsnaz? I want to be elite, will I maybe have a better chance if i joined the navy/marines and then going into a spetsnaz unit after serving maybe 7-10 years? Thank you everyone!

j.mac

what are my chances?

Post  j.mac on Sun May 04, 2014 6:02 pm

Also, how hard is it to join the russian army? I don't mean physically, but i mean in general. I mean learning russian will be hard for me but i'll do it, then going all the way to russia, then after all that I don't want to apply then get rejected? How likely is it that the russian army or marines will take me?
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx on Sun May 04, 2014 6:09 pm

I was reading that there is a growing number of foreigners wanting to join the Russian Military.

Anyway, they are looking at moving to a contract based military, which would mean better pay and better living style. Unfortunately, I do not know the requirements for that. You can be conscripted at least or join in early stages, but Flaming Python knows more about that and from my understanding, pay sucks and so does the food/living style. If you can get in a better district, than it would mean better pay and better living/food.

How hard is it? I have no idea. Python knows that though (or at least I hope he does).

j.mac

Post  j.mac on Sun May 04, 2014 6:23 pm

sepheronx wrote:I was reading that there is a growing number of foreigners wanting to join the Russian Military.

Anyway, they are looking at moving to a contract based military, which would mean better pay and better living style.  Unfortunately, I do not know the requirements for that.  You can be conscripted at least or join in early stages, but Flaming Python knows more about that and from my understanding, pay sucks and so does the food/living style.  If you can get in a better district, than it would mean better pay and better living/food.

How hard is it?  I have no idea.  Python knows that though (or at least I hope he does).

Thank you, I accidentally started a new thread, I didn't mean to make this thread haha.

j.mac

Post  j.mac on Sun May 04, 2014 6:25 pm

j.mac wrote:
    VladimirSahin wrote:Hey buddy thank you for considering joining the Russian army but you cannot join VDV until you are a citizen unless you go talk with a embassy (Russian) near you they will give you a contract and after 3 years of service you will be granted citizenship. But you must qualify and be able to speak Russian and I don't think you will be assigned to the VDV but try your luck. And explain to the embassy you want to join the VDV specifically.

Thank you everyone for the replies, I expected a lot of hate telling me to stop playing video games or whatever... which I don't just to clarify. My scoliosis is 24 degrees, considered mild by the doctor, but the reason I wanted to join VDV is because I want to be the best of the best, and I want the most adventure, and of course to see action. I will be willing to join the russian army and get citizenship after 3 years, but honestly what do you think my chances are, after getting citizenship to join the VDV and a while after that possibly spetsnaz? I want to be elite, will I maybe have a better chance if i joined the navy/marines and then going into a spetsnaz unit after serving maybe 7-10 years? Thank you everyone!

Also, how hard is it to join? I don't want to spend ages learning russian, move over there, perfect my russian some more then apply and get rejected over something stupid.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:08 am