Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+55
Stealthflanker
ArgentinaGuard
Rodion_Romanovic
Hole
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
ahmedfire
Krepost
Kiko
xeno
higurashihougi
PhSt
lancelot
nomadski
sentinel112
SeigSoloyvov
Lapain
calripson
lyle6
galicije83
AMCXXL
VARGR198
Sujoy
LMFS
The-thing-next-door
Big_Gazza
pavi
Airbornewolf
Belisarius
TMA1
d_taddei2
mnztr
dionis
Isos
sepheronx
Arkanghelsk
PapaDragon
Mir
Odin of Ossetia
thegopnik
Scorpius
Regular
GarryB
Karl Haushofer
Arrow
George1
Dr.Snufflebug
par far
kvs
GunshipDemocracy
franco
Walther von Oldenburg
ucmvulcan
JohninMK
ALAMO
Eugenio Argentina
59 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #55

kvs
    kvs

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #55 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #55

Post  kvs Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:47 pm

I agree that Rybar smells. But this incident is a security fail. I doubt that such a long flight could be achieved even if the small aircraft
    was trying to hug the ground. It takes a helicopter to really hug the tree line and that is why the Ukrs could launch those attacks before.

The range of a Cessna is 1185 km and assume that the Russian variant has a similar range. This fits with the claim of a flight from the
    Kharkov region to Tatarstan. But it is not credible for other reasons.

sepheronx and d_taddei2 like this post

Belisarius

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #55 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #55

Post  Belisarius Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:52 pm

It's a ridiculously small area. They are not even going to retake the rest of Donbas in the next few years.

You conveniently omit the fact that Ukraine sacrificed tens of thousands of men trying to hold this ridiculously small area, if Ukraine continues to sacrifice thousands of men trying to hold every little village in Donbas who will be left to defend the rest of Ukraine in a few years?

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, Walther von Oldenburg, LMFS and Hole like this post

calripson

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #55 - Page 15 Empty If Rybar's Claims Are True

Post  calripson Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:57 pm

If the aircraft did originate in Ukraine and flew across Russia, I am afraid you have left out other possibilities than being incompetent: the CIA figured out a long time ago that Swiss bank accounts were a lot more effective in undermining the Soviet Union than ballistic missiles. Who knows what elements in the Russian military/chain of command have been compromised. Actually, the strategy goes way, way back to the times of Stalin when saboteurs were parachuted into Western Ukraine in the late 1940s and early 1950s. The difference back then was Stalin rounded up and shot anyone remotely suspected of treason and the strategy was abandoned.

owais.usmani likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:02 pm

A darker possibility is that the Russian government is enabling these attacks to create more momentum behind the classification of
    Ukria as a terrorist state. //tinfoil hat off

sepheronx, Big_Gazza and Mir like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:03 pm

Big_Gazza wrote:
    mnztr wrote:cheaper then a divorce I guess.

Judging by the heads on these upright 2-legged bovines, the Ukropi unfortunates who have been press-ganged as meat-grinder fodder are probably a little sanguine about their fates.  Gotta look at the bright side I guess...  Twisted Evil  

I would leave my death benefits to my mom instead of the *itch. Not that it will be paid.

GarryB, franco, Big_Gazza and lyle6 like this post

Lapain

Post  Lapain Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:59 pm

Belisarius wrote:

It's a ridiculously small area. They are not even going to retake the rest of Donbas in the next few years.

You conveniently omit the fact that Ukraine sacrificed tens of thousands of men trying to hold this ridiculously small area, if Ukraine continues to sacrifice thousands of men trying to hold every little village in Donbas who will be left to defend the rest of Ukraine in a few years?

I am of those who believes the Ukrainian "collapse" is a simple psy-op so that Russian leadership commits more forces into blunderous big arrow movements.

In reality, the ukronazis do not show any of the weaknesses attributed to them. They can still muster dozens of aircraft, hundreds of artillery rounds, thousands of FPV drones, scores of idiots willing to die for the gangsters in Kiev.

Only a major financial crisis in the West will throw the Nazis in disarray. Let's hope that's coming by late 2024 I'm afraid to say.

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:29 pm

Today it finally happened. I agree with something Karl Haushofer said on here. Yeah, this war is a terrible tragedy designed to kill as many Russians and Ukrainians as possible and the US and its allies are laughing.

That said, so a drone got through Russian air space. So what? People got injured, but no deaths, no destruction or adverse impact on industry. My prediction is an investigation will be done, current measures will be examined, a career officer will be court martialed or busted down in rank and life will go on.

Arrow reminds us that 400 square kilometers is so very small. That's true, except that this war has never been about land. Its been about demilitarizing Ukraine (and NATO too) and taking out fanatics in Ukraine and the homicidal pricks who come in from other countries to be mercenaries. Putin has long said he has no territorial ambitions, and I believe him. The goal is still, rightly or wrongly, to make Donbas, Kherson, and Zaprozhiye Verdun writ large. Putin has no desire for new territory, but Ukraine's fanatical leadership cannot afford to lose a single town so they must pour meat into the grinders as well and lots of NATO wonderwaffles get turned to scrap as well.

Actually, that is the main reason for the drone and terror attacks in Russia. The aim is to turn this conflict into war that NATO wants and not that which Russia wants. Putin wants to basically dig in and let the crazies come to his forces for immediate and irreversable reunion with uncle Adolph and grandpa Stepan that is simultaneously very sparing of civilian lives. This plan is cheap, saves soldiers lives, prevents propaganda (not that the west hasn't cynically tried) and has caused lots of people in the west to tire of funding perpetual war and the war has become very unpopular in Ukraine, which is why at NATO's behest the Elensky regime has indefinitely canceled presidential and parliamentary elections. Further, by fighting a clean war, the global south -well versed in the horrors of the "humanitarian" wars of the "rules based world order" - is further won over to Russia's side.

NATO and Ukraine want to provoke Russia. They hope these attacks will cause Russia to go on an offensive so Russian forces will be surrounded by guerilla forces. They want civilians in Ukraine hit because they want war crimes charges. They want Russia to overreact.

GarryB, ahmedfire, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, ALAMO, PapaDragon, JohninMK and like this post

owais.usmani dislikes this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:31 pm

dozens of aircraft
    scratch
    Every three or four weeks they can bring a handful of aircraft into the air.
    With a lot of blue tape and good wishes.
    Most of those are shot down during their "mission".

hundreds of artillery rounds,
    While Russia shoots thousands.

thousands of FPV drones
    They achieve only a few attacks a day.
    Russia is dropping more 1.500kg bombs in the same time.

will be surrounded by guerilla forces. 
    The Ukros could at best manage a few attacks here and there.
    To call this "Surrounded" is a little excessive.

GarryB, ahmedfire, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, ALAMO, PapaDragon, JohninMK and like this post

Lapain

Post  Lapain Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:59 pm

ucmvulcan wrote:

NATO and Ukraine want to provoke Russia.  They hope these attacks will cause Russia to go on an offensive so Russian forces will be surrounded by guerilla forces.  They want civilians in Ukraine hit because they want war crimes charges.  They want Russia to overreact.  

This 100%

GarryB, ALAMO, VARGR198 and Belisarius like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:15 pm

uploaded six additions tonight here:
    i have not seen it yet here, so i guess not shared yet?.

https://odysee.com/@airbornewolf:8?view=content

GarryB, ahmedfire, ALAMO, PapaDragon, mnztr, Hole and Belisarius like this post

Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:07 am

In reality, the ukronazis do not show any of the weaknesses attributed to them.

Zelensky signed a law reducing the age of mobilization from 27 years to 25 years.

https://t.me/Slavyangrad/93462

" Acting" Zelensky signed a law according to which the norm on "limited fitness" in Ukraine is abolished

All “restricted fit” must undergo a medical examination within nine months. There they will be given a pass or fail category.

https://t.me/Slavyangrad/93486

GarryB, ahmedfire, kvs, Hole and lancelot like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:29 am

I thought they would have grabbed up all the 25 year olds by now. Here you can be drafted at 21

PapaDragon, VARGR198 and owais.usmani like this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:00 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:I thought they would have grabbed up all the 25 year olds by now. Here you can be drafted at 21
    What 25 year olds?
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #55 - Page 15 1920px-Ukraine_2023_population_pyramid.svg

franco, kvs, PapaDragon, Lapain, LMFS, Hole, lancelot and Belisarius like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:03 am

calripson wrote:Not just the ability to access an aircraft, but obviously the ability to smuggle explosives. The lax security stems from the government's desire to project normalcy to the population for political purposes - as in a "special military operation" and not a war. Actually, it is a war; an existential one at that. The government and the populace better get their heads out of their collective a**es and figure that out.

Dare to call a single country in the world that resolved a problem with smuggling - let's say - cocaine?
    No?
    Fine.
    Now compute the fact, using your words as a benchmark.

Yesterday some materials were revealed with rather big smuggling of explosives and fuzes.
    Hexogen was hidden in icons, hundreds of them, while the fuzes in some liturgical stuff.
    Which suggests they were using some religious connected channels.
    Catholic Church is actively involved in smuggling procedures as well, protests on the Polish border revealed multiple cases with cargo declared as humanitarian and supplied by the church being something different.

kvs wrote:I agree that Rybar smells.  

It is a source that spreads information about "S-300 and S-400 used for ground attacks".
    Does it rings any bell in you all?

SeigSoloyvov wrote:I thought they would have grabbed up all the 25 year olds by now. Here you can be drafted at 21

He can sign everything he wishes, it does not affect the situation on the ground for a very long time.
    They are grabbing even 18y/o's for months. Dozens of cases revealed with kids taken POW or killed. Dozens of proven cases with POWs and KIAs were born in 2004 or 2005.

lyle6 wrote:
    What 25 year olds?

Maybe they are calling those two I see outside the window, cleaning my garden after winter, who knows scratch dunno
    I will not forget to tell Mykola, who works in a nearby car garage, that he is drafted. That should impress him.
    And Sergiey from DHL, too.

GarryB, franco, kvs, PapaDragon, JohninMK, Hole, lancelot and Belisarius like this post

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:00 am

TL;DR- What happens when Russians capture Chasov Yar?
    Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:33 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #55 - Page 15 Img_2426
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #55 - Page 15 Img_2427

Ukrainians are celebrating the installation of 11 thousand baby “dragon teeth” in Zaporozh’e direction in an attempt to deter the advance of the Russian Army.

For comparison, the man in jeans next to a Russian dragon tooth is 190cm (6’2”) tall.

GarryB, ahmedfire, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, JohninMK, VARGR198 and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:55 am

One FAB-3000 will clear the path.

GarryB, ahmedfire, d_taddei2, par far, kvs, PapaDragon, owais.usmani and Belisarius like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:37 pm

Abandoned T90M?

Those vehicles have jammers and other technology the Orcs would be rather interested in... the fact that they sent drones to torch them shows their location was not a place the Orcs expected to take back or could venture into just to pick up a few items of interest.

These videos are an admission that the Orcs are backpedaling and don't expect to push the Russians back any time soon.

It is terrain that has been heavily fortified and contested for the last 10 years.... beyond the fortifications is open terrain that will be very hard to defend and their use of troops to try to stop the Russian advance is using up their men even faster than if they weren't doing that.

The Germans had a rolling defence where they would withdraw and destroy and try to inflict as much damage on the Soviet forces as they could while minimising their own losses.

Of course they still lost... and the orcs are going to lose too, but the orcs are losing men at a horrible rate and also losing territory so it is the worst possible situation for them...

But they wont change tactics... of course their best options are no longer on the table, which was implement the Minsk agreements... but that ship has sailed and half a million orcs are dead.

I would call this a Russian security fail for letting Ukrs organize aircraft attacks from inside Russia.

Western countries allow tons and tons of illegal drugs to enter their countries every day... also a security fail, so I guess Russia should surrender and offer Putins head on a plate to say sorry for not behaving like a civilised slave of the west.

NATzO is engaging the terrorism tactic now that its conventional war effort is collapsing.

They are, and if you turn your country into a prison where no one can do anything then they win.

They picked soft targets and failed to do very much damage. The drones attacking the drone factory were jammed and didn't reach their target... maybe they should buy Russian drones... they are obviously better.

Not just the ability to access an aircraft, but obviously the ability to smuggle explosives. The lax security stems from the government's desire to project normalcy to the population for political purposes - as in a "special military operation" and not a war. Actually, it is a war; an existential one at that. The government and the populace better get their heads out of their collective a**es and figure that out.

Yeah, in the western world nothing gets smuggled... explosives, drugs, money, women... everyone is law abiding and there are no problems at all.

Question is, how was it not spotted and shot down? Even Ukraine has this ability but somehow Russia lacks it? No civil planes should be going from Ukraine to Russia, period. All planes should be considered hostile.

Geraniums are similar speed to these planes and they seem to wander through Kievs air defence at will with ease.... who is saying what now?

There seems to be a massive gap in russias defenses and intelligence gathering at this particular area, Belgorod. Because continuously Ukraine can make attacks from their and quite successfully too. It's as if the authorities of Russia want this to happen; maybe for excuses or something.

All part of Putins plan because obviously there are only two cessnas in Russia so it can't have been one of them and only kiev has explosives so it must have flown from Kiev because explosves can't be made any other way... and if you look really closely you can see Putins smiling face as he pilots the plane into the Dorm...

Repercussions on command on russian side is indeed needed. Someone is asleep at the job. Either that, or they need to beef up defenses.

And when they start shooting down civilian aircraft you will demand they are all fired.

Sky is Falling Bitches should never be able to make decisions.

Some sacrifices need to be made. Tighter controls on aircraft activity are not a major disruption to normal life in Russia.
    The US has way more private small airplane use than Russia. In Russia it is exotic. Passenger jets should already be
    in a "tight" security regime regardless of the SMO. Enough of them have been brought down by terrorists for assorted
    reasons in the past.

Rather surprised at you KVS... do you honestly think the enemy are fucking stupid. Ohh... they have banned the use of light aircraft... I guess we will stop trying to kill Russians.

When they can't put explosives in planes then they will put it in boats or trucks or buses or vans or cars or backpacks on motor bikes... are you going to ban all transport in Russia because Kiev would call that a win.

I agree that Rybar smells. But this incident is a security fail.

You are walking down the street and someone you have never met before pulls a very large knife and screams alah akbar and tries to cut your head off.

The police have failed you... how could they not be in that nutters head and expect him to do this?

Panic panic panic... no one can ever go outside again and all knives and sharp objects should be banned so it never happens again... and then when it happens again you change the rules again and make it stricter, but of course criminals and terrorists are not bound by the law and can do all sorts of shit including dressing up as army or police and shooting people like that civilian dickhead in Norway... that Brevic pussy.

A darker possibility is that the Russian government is enabling these attacks to create more momentum behind the classification of
    Ukria as a terrorist state. //tinfoil hat off

Well Putin has already sacrificed a million Russian soldiers and tens of thousands of tanks and aircraft that have been destroyed by the various ghosts of kiev, so pulling stunts like this was always his MO, because obviously Kiev would never commit terrorist acts to try to kill people.

Are you people fucking with me or do you all need a goddamn time out.

In reality, the ukronazis do not show any of the weaknesses attributed to them. They can still muster dozens of aircraft, hundreds of artillery rounds, thousands of FPV drones, scores of idiots willing to die for the gangsters in Kiev.

They keep supplying the meat it would be rude for the Russians to stop grinding them up... not to mention the western wealth and resources being poured into keeping Kiev going...

Only a major financial crisis in the West will throw the Nazis in disarray. Let's hope that's coming by late 2024 I'm afraid to say.

The US election will be enough... there is no way Biden can win fair and square so when he tries to cheat again they can have a nice violent civil war to sort things out.

NATO and Ukraine want to provoke Russia. They hope these attacks will cause Russia to go on an offensive so Russian forces will be surrounded by guerilla forces. They want civilians in Ukraine hit because they want war crimes charges. They want Russia to overreact.

Russian tactics are destroying them and their proxy force and they are desperately flailing at anything to get Russia to change tactics that are clearly successful... they want to poke and eye or grab a testicle to make Russia loosen its grip but Putin isn't that stupid...

Plenty here seem to be sadly... next thing we will hear from the US how terrible war really is and why can't we just all be friends... Rolling Eyes

I thought they would have grabbed up all the 25 year olds by now. Here you can be drafted at 21

Unless you are a women.... America is so sexist... Razz

It is funny that strong independent women never demand to be put on the draft... or get equal prison sentences...

ahmedfire, Big_Gazza, Eugenio Argentina, Hole and Belisarius like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:31 pm

The Ukr drone options are:

1) FPV (small, local use)
    2) Long range US drones that they do not produce and the US is not in a hurry to give them.
    3) Send an attack jet on a one way mission.
    4) Russian "Cessnas" that they can grab vastly more easily than any Russian passenger jet.

So what do you think they will do since they do not have missiles that they can lob at Moscow, Kazan and any other long range target?
    The analogy with a cop saving every crime victim is bogus. Russian small aircraft are not vital to its economy and the ease of life of its
    citizens. Since everyone here recognizes that absolute border control is impossible, it follows that other security measures are needed.
    "Locking down" Cessnas is not locking down society and giving Ukrs a win by any stretch of the imagination.

Also, even if NATzO gave the Kiev regime long range missiles, Russian air defense systems would intercept them since they are obvious
    targets. By contrast, a Cessna flying around is not an obvious target. A security measure that could have been implemented is
    no fly zones for Cessnas over any significant population and industrial area. If someone desperately needs to train for a pilot license,
    they can fly over the wilderness.

sentinel112

Post  sentinel112 Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:42 pm

When you discuss how he could fly 1,200 kilometers, you forget that Ukraine is not a banana republic. Plus they are provided with all NATO intelligence information. They have online data on all air defense systems. Full height map. And the names of all the crew commanders and what he watched on YouTube in the morning.

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:43 pm

If they can't get cessnas then they will get Mi-8s, if they can't get Mi-8s they will hire a commercial airliner... money is not a problem... if they can't get an aircraft they will load up a truck or a bus are you going to ban buses and trucks?

If you ban everything they don't need to fire a shot because you are fucking your own country up for them.

You say they don't need light planes... how many AN-2s do they have?

Why are they bothering spending large amounts of money to create replacements for An-2s and An-24s and An-72s and An-12s?

What sized plane wont they use for terrorism?

How do you know an aircraft isn't carrying a bomb... are you going to ground all flights forever and shoot down anything that flys?

So then they put bombs on busses and trains and trucks and cars... and even when you ban everything... they can always get a group of men to shoot up some concert or sporting event... are you going to stop all social events? Are all gatherings of people to be banned?

Sounds like you think Kiev is winning but it is only in your head.

These attacks were failures.... people were injured, but in the hours you have been yapping about it ten people probably died in road accidents that had nothing to do with Kiev... but of course they will clam they did that too... did Putin plan that to blame Kiev?

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, Eugenio Argentina, Hole, lancelot and Belisarius like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:45 pm

Lets wait for the investigation first... I wouldn't believe any Orc claims to start with.... they just want to get people upset and it is clearly working.

Some people don't live in the real world I guess... bad shit happens... grow up and stop losing your shit over it.

Pussies.

Big_Gazza and Hole like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:51 pm

Belisarius wrote:
    Ukrainians are celebrating the installation of 11 thousand baby “dragon teeth” in Zaporozh’e direction in an attempt to deter the advance of the Russian Army.

They have paid for a piece, not a concrete m3 Laughing
    Everything is fully legit, Swiss bank account can confirm that at any moment!

By the way, this is what the control room of Zhmyevskaya TPP looks like.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #55 - Page 15 Zrzut192

Go and find some similarities to broken windows in a dormitory, you whining pussies. Laughing

Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, LMFS, Hole, lancelot, Mir and Belisarius like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:09 pm

Dragon teeth don't stop the FAB's, Gerans, missiles, artillery etc. and it's these that are the bain of the Ukrainians demise. Dragon teeth ain't going to stop the bodies piling up. In fact am sure few bombing runs of FAB's will clear a pathway through for tanks to drive through.

kvs, PapaDragon and Hole like this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:47 pm

sentinel112 wrote:When you discuss how he could fly 1,200 kilometers, you forget that Ukraine is not a banana republic. Plus they are provided with all NATO intelligence information. They have online data on all air defense systems. Full height map. And the names of all the crew commanders and what he watched on YouTube in the morning.
    Nice try but Russian soldiers are not allowed to have their personal mobile phones while on duty. Anyone ranking high enough to flout regs would not be doing so either, not when they have state mandated goomars to relieve their stress for them. Razz

In short, this NATO information superiority is just another useless meme. They can't even keep the hohols out of running into prepared and dug-in killzones, the **** are you here going on about retarded hollywood bullshit.

d_taddei2, par far, kvs, LMFS, Hole, lancelot and Belisarius like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:31 am