Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+70
AMCXXL
dionis
Walther von Oldenburg
diabetus
bandit6
Ispan
AbdulhamidtheSecond
ArgentinaGuard
jhelb
DerWolf
JohninMK
RTN
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Airbornewolf
VARGR198
Lapain
LMFS
TMA1
par far
Godric
Erk
Arkanghelsk
littlerabbit
Kiko
billybatts91
Rasisuki Nebia
The-thing-next-door
SeigSoloyvov
Sprut-B
nomadski
thegopnik
ALAMO
Firebird
Dr.Snufflebug
kvs
SolidarityWithRussia
sepheronx
Arsenic
zare
Odin of Ossetia
Arrow
Big_Gazza
Scorpius
Sujoy
lancelot
Tolstoy
franco
Broski
lyle6
mnztr
caveat emptor
Regular
crod
Belisarius
d_taddei2
ucmvulcan
zorobabel
Werewolf
Mir
flamming_python
PhSt
PapaDragon
GunshipDemocracy
Stealthflanker
Backman
Isos
Gomig-21
GarryB
Hole
higurashihougi
74 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #49

Hole
    Hole

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #49 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #49

Post  Hole Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:59 pm

What is hilarious, these have been provided ... by volunteers
    Soon those drones will be used in one day. Very Happy
    October will set a new record. And these numbers are coming from OSINT, not official statements from the MoD.

Hey men, you can always heroically break through all the lines on Facebook!
    Or wait for the next version of "Call of Duty". lol1

termite filled incendiary round for drones.
    Next step: Mini-Nukes! Cool

Enough to destroy all tanks of most armies.
    Enough to kill all soldiers of smaller european armies.

also carried out a number of counter-offensive actions
    This should be counter-counter-offensives. Wink

is that where there is like 80K + cannon fodder units?
    The 80.000 are on the wrong side of the Oskil river, Kupyansk area.

kvs, PapaDragon, Sprut-B, Broski and Belisarius like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #49 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #49

Post  JohninMK Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:10 pm

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, Godric, zardof, Sprut-B and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:14 pm

ALAMO wrote:
    Edit : termite filled incendiary round for drones.

Now the video. Its pretty nasty.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, littlerabbit, Sprut-B, Hole, Mir and like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:19 am

Sprut-B wrote:It looks like Ukrop AD has been completely depleted in the Avdeevka sector

the excessive hovering in daylight makes me uneasy. Isn't lemur fire and forget?

Big_Gazza, littlerabbit and owais.usmani like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:22 am

JohninMK wrote:

i wonder if the observer drone acts as the mothership and comm relay or if the two drones fly independently. Seems to me it would be much cheaper to make a larger drone that is reusable to carry one std lancelet.

Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, littlerabbit and owais.usmani like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:41 am

ALAMO wrote:...

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #49 - Page 30 Zrzut140

Yikes... pwnd

"I hate termite. It's hot and sticky and it gets everywhere."-Anakin Skywalker, probably

Last edited by PapaDragon on Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, littlerabbit, Sprut-B and TMA1 like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:50 am

JohninMK wrote:
    ALAMO wrote:

I do appreciate the soothing "Hallmark Channel" tone of the narrator lol1

Sprut-B, Lapain, TMA1, Mir and jon_deluxe like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:10 am

PapaDragon wrote:

I do appreciate the soothing "Hallmark Channel" tone of the narrator  lol1

Hi, I'm Troy MacLure you may remember me from my video, "how to burn your enemy from the inside out" ... Very Happy

TMA1 and jon_deluxe like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:53 am

So all those civilians who were just machine gunned? For instance at that festival.
    Are you saying that isn't a terrorist attack coordinated at the very highest(lowest) levels of Hamas with the other activity?

Not defending what they did, but those innocent civilians living on Palestinian territory that was cleared by soldiers of the Israeli army of the people living there, and seeing the new residents having a party on such land... well it is not the same as in the Ukraine and more like on a HATO country.

In the Ukraine in eastern and southern parts of the country are victims of Kiev and need to be liberated and protected from Kiev and the west that supports them...

In Israel you are fighting not just the military but also the civilians who will kill you to remain on your land... many of those innocent party goers are of an age where if allowed to leave would likely go home and get their assault rifle and oppose what you are doing.... I see it more as killing soldiers in their barracks where they are unarmed but a threat that needs to be dealt with.

Did the "likers" of that post actually read it rather than skim thro it?

I have to admit I don't watch most of the videos.

War is ugly, but in this case and in the Ukraine there are driving forces that make it necessary and in both cases it is because of blind western support makes the criminal states believe they can do as they please without consequences and so they act like nazis towards their own people... so war is the only thing they will listen to... especially when it turns out the west are not as much help as they led you to think.

Modern war includes the use of drones and so the underdog will always resort to terrorism... but of course when the west does it it is not called terrorism... they call it total war.

they did but you didn't. re-read with understanding this time. Nobody supports killings civilians here and you?

When nobody listens to you then I can understand them wanting to remove the problem (settlers on their territory), and I say that from New Zealand where we screwed over the natives big time, and the current backlash now is that we are being forced to learn the Maori language.

Perhaps you can say the Palestinians are acting like animals... I would say then the Israeli government and the Israeli people should stop treating them like animals and let them create something worth agreeing to peace for so that it is not taken away.

I would say the best solution really would be for somebody to find evidence that Israel was actually somewhere in middle America and all the nutters demanding their own state could go an live there and be safe and happy.

Pointless to do, Hamas cannot defeat Isreal militarily.

Of course it is pointless, but we are talking about American politicians so they are going to do it anyway... those iron dome missiles don't just make themselves you know....

the excessive hovering in daylight makes me uneasy. Isn't lemur fire and forget?

The target will be over 10km away... LMUR has a range of just under 15km.

i wonder if the observer drone acts as the mothership and comm relay or if the two drones fly independently. Seems to me it would be much cheaper to make a larger drone that is reusable to carry one std lancelet.

Larger drones are easier to spot and the added weight of carrying attack drones shortens their range and endurance.

Werewolf, kvs, Sprut-B, Hole and Broski like this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:01 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    ALAMO wrote:

That with the oil lamp and soothing music at the beginning. His videos are very comfy.

Sprut-B, Hole, Broski and jon_deluxe like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:18 am

GarryB wrote:

The target will be over 10km away... LMUR has a range of just under 15km.

Larger drones are easier to spot and the added weight of carrying attack drones shortens their range and endurance.

Sure but that still makes it possible to set ambushes for the attack helos with small groups of men.

as for the drone, you are already sending a recon drone, make it a bit bigger and killer drone can be pretty small and have a range of about 3 km. In fact the observer drone can accelerate it so it can be almost a glider.
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:00 am

mnztr wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Hi, I'm Troy MacLure you may remember me from my video, "how to burn your enemy from the inside out" ... Very Happy

Jokes aside Laughing the thing looks like an incendiary grenade with fuze replaced by contact one. Probably some stabilizers added on the other side.

GarryB, nomadski, littlerabbit, Hole and Broski like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:24 am

You can see plenty of video on youtube about thermite and it's quite shitty. It take time to burn and doesn't really dammage.

If this bmp wasn't open I'm pretty sure the grenade would have fell on the ground.
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:32 am

Belgium announced they are ready to deliver their F-16s to 404 in ... 2025.
    That's called optimism folks! Laughing

GarryB, Big_Gazza, zardof, nomadski, littlerabbit, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:58 am

Quantity falling

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #49 - Page 30 F8I-dcBXkAAvUb8?format=jpg&name=small

But some more AD from Germany

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #49 - Page 30 F8I-QZ7WgAAvCIK?format=jpg&name=small

Big_Gazza and kvs like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:02 am

In the case of Germany and IRIS, they send them at the rate they can produce.
    Which gives us quite an interesting perspective. The production rate is extremely slow ...

GarryB, littlerabbit, lancelot, Mir and Broski like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:09 am

Two Majors:

October 11

▪The Russian Army launched a large-scale offensive , the main attack was focused on the Avdeevsky fortified area , which the Ukrainian Armed Forces had been filling with high-quality concrete for 8 years during the construction of fortifications. After massive artillery preparation, assault units were brought into battle. The height to the north-west of Avdeevka was taken, the Russian Armed Forces rushed to the outskirts of the village. Berdychi , from the south there is also an attack on the positions of the Ukrainian Armed Forces from the area of ​​the settlement. Experienced . Aviation is working closely against the enemy.

▪On the Zaporozhye front in the Novopokrovka-Verbovoe section, the situation at night was characterized by mutual artillery shelling, the enemy was using cluster munitions. To the east, in the direction of Zherebyanka - Pyatikhatki, the Russian Armed Forces advanced several hundred meters.

▪In the Kherson direction , the Armed Forces of Ukraine are conducting long-range artillery attacks; the Russian Armed Forces, due to the difference in firing range, are conducting counter-battery combat using all available means, including aircraft-type kamikaze UAVs. On the islands in the floodplain of the river. Dnieper fighting continues.

▪Vremevsky direction near Novodonetsky, two groups of enemy infantry were destroyed.

▪South of Svatovo, the Russian Armed Forces are rushing to the outskirts of Makeyevka (LPR), and enemy strongholds are being pinned down on the flanks. The Russian Army brought newly created units into battle.

▪Bryansk region, on the territory of the Surazhsky district , two enemy aircraft-type UAVs were destroyed by air defense systems. In the Belgorod region, the village of Popovka, Krasnoyaruzh district, came under fire twice from the Ukrainian Armed Forces. A civilian was killed, his wife received severe shrapnel wounds, and later died in an ambulance. In the DPR, two civilians were wounded from shelling by the AFU.

#source

@Slavyangrad
    6:26 AM · Oct 11, 2023
    ·
    Views

GarryB, franco, kvs, zardof, nomadski, littlerabbit, Sprut-B and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:26 am

GEROMAN -- time will tell - 👀 --
    @GeromanAT
    The UK Ministry of Defense reports on the allocation of a new package of military assistance to the Ukrainian Armed Forces in the amount of $122 million

In addition, it will include the Terrahawk Paladin mobile modular short-range air defense system (pictured).

This is the latest development from MSI-DS; the complex can be installed on trucks, ships and helicopters.

Due to its novelty, Terrahawk Paladin is not yet in anyone's service. It is sent to Ukraine for testing in combat conditions.

(brussinf TG)

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #49 - Page 30 F8JKvhkWcAAv-1E?format=png&name=360x360

https://www.msi-dsl.com/products/msi-ds-terrahawk-vshorad/

This is also the site I was banned from Laughing

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/uk-announces-100m-military-support-for-ukraine/

GarryB, franco, zardof, nomadski and Mir like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:33 am

Isos wrote:You can see plenty of video on youtube about thermite and it's quite shitty. It take time to burn and doesn't really dammage.

If this bmp wasn't open I'm pretty sure the grenade would have fell on the ground.

If Russians had more thermite grenades, they could easier destroy left equipment in the battlefield. Be it their own or Ukrainian. Not to mention drop on trenches with tunnel/enclosed network.

It’s self explanatory why they need it. Before this, they used incendiary drops and it was great success. Check videos of drops on catches or smoking of treeline so combatants inside have to leave before their lungs are poisoned

Last edited by Regular on Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total

kvs, nomadski and Broski like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:33 am

Sure but that still makes it possible to set ambushes for the attack helos with small groups of men.

It is my understanding that they are using their helicopters instead of CAS aircraft so I am guessing ground forces spotted a target and called in helicopters to take it out... firing from 10km or more means it could be operating over friendly forces, but even if it is not the pilot keeps an eye out for threats while the gunner launches and controls the missile to the target... they are hovering because they don't want to continue flying towards the enemy...

Not sure how the small groups of enemy forces would be a huge threat because they will need decent anti armour weapons if they want to remain inside Russian held areas to ambush a Russian helicopter most of the time and Russian helicopters seem rather well protected from most MANPADS anyway.

as for the drone, you are already sending a recon drone, make it a bit bigger and killer drone can be pretty small and have a range of about 3 km. In fact the observer drone can accelerate it so it can be almost a glider.

I think what they are trying to achieve is a small recon drone that does not attract attention to itself by attacking targets directly, but its video feed is used to find targets for suicide drones to be launched at targets as they are found, which means front line forces might have a dozen or more containers with suicide drones ready to launch 5 or 10km away as the recon drone looks for targets... when the recon drone finds a target it has to be identified as enemy and a valid target and then launch a suicide drone.

LMUR would be to hit infrastructure or an important vehicle target, while FPV drones might be aimed at individual enemy soldiers.

Jokes aside Laughing the thing looks like an incendiary grenade with fuze replaced by contact one. Probably some stabilizers added on the other side.

An open hatch and the foam and upholstery and equipment in an armoured vehicle will burn like a torch...

Loose ammo and fuel will make it worse... crew will get out as fast as they can and the fire will do the rest destroying the vehicle.

It take time to burn and doesn't really dammage.

If you can drop it through an open hatch it burns very aggressively and creates smoke very quickly... not something you can pick up and throw out again, and when upholstery and fuel and ammo gets ignited the vehicle will be a mess really quick.

If you don't get it inside a hatch it would bounce harmlessly to the ground and not be effective.

kvs, nomadski, Sprut-B, Hole and Broski like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:37 am

LMUR is used so far away from LOC that they are pretty safe, Mi-28Nm also were filmed using terrain as an obstacle. 
    Small infantry inserts with Manpads is what got Russian helicopters before, but they are above the city and it’s not contested. Safest place to hover above if you ask me
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #49 - Page 30 Img_1513

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, zardof, Sprut-B, TMA1, Mir and Broski like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:27 pm

Some closer look on the first confirmed toasted Challenger.

Now it gets absolutely clear that there was ammo detonation, and the turren was blown away only landed back on the hull.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #49 - Page 30 Zrzut141

The tank was accompanied by at least two T-64BM mod. 2022 and multiple other vehicles. Everything was torned to pieces.

https://t.me/WalkingDustSW/1696

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, VARGR198, zardof, nomadski and like this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:20 pm

If helicopter is hiding behind Trees , then it means that it is vulnerable to LOS or optical tracking and / or IR tracking . Simple to arrange for tethered UCAV , to hover above Hill or Tree line of building , and relay info for gunners . Tanks could use same arrangement . Ukraine has beautiful Autumn , plenty of fuel for Thermite !

Twisted Evil

love cry
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:58 pm

The Russian Army repels attacks and improves its position in the Donetsk direction, the enemy is advancing in the Kupyansky, Krasnolimansky and Zaporozhye directions
    Summary of the Ministry of Defense for the past 24 hours.
    ▪In the Donetsk direction, the active actions of units of the “Southern” group of troops with the support of aviation, artillery fire and heavy flamethrower systems have improved the situation along the front line in the area of ​​the Avdeevka settlement.
    ▪As a result of fire damage to the reserves of the 31st infantry brigade of the Ukrainian Armed Forces in the area of ​​the settlement. In Ocheretino, enemy losses amounted to up to 90 militants, as well as 10 MaxxPro armored vehicles.
    ▪The total losses of the Ukrainian Armed Forces in this direction amounted to up to 330 militants, a tank, 11 armored personnel carriers, 4 armored fighting vehicles, 3 vehicles, 2 Krab self-propelled guns and a D-20 howitzer.
    ▪In the area of ​​the village. In Orlovka, the ammunition depot of the 110th infantry brigade of the Ukrainian Armed Forces was destroyed.
    ▪In the Kupyansky direction, 10 counterattacks of assault groups of the 32nd mechanized brigade, 115th mechanized brigade and 10th ogshbr of the Ukrainian Armed Forces were repelled in the areas of the settlement. Ivanovka, Sinkovka, Makeevka.
    ▪Enemy losses: up to 280 militants, a tank and 2 vehicles, an M777 howitzer, self-propelled guns “Krab” and “Gvozdika”.
    ▪In the area of ​​the city of Volchansk, an ammunition depot of a foreign mercenary unit was destroyed.
    ▪In the Krasnolimansky direction, 2 attacks by assault groups of the 67th infantry brigade of the Ukrainian Armed Forces were repelled in the area of ​​Serebryansky forestry.
    The manpower and equipment of the 12th brigade of the Azov Special Forces, the 63rd infantry brigade of the Ukrainian Armed Forces and the 5th brigade of the National Guard of Ukraine in the areas south of Kuzmino, Chervonaya Dibrova and Torskoye were defeated.
    ▪Enemy losses: 65 militants and 2 pickups, self-propelled guns "Caezar", 3 self-propelled guns "Msta-S", self-propelled guns: "Acacia" and "Gvozdika", D-30 gun and RM-70 "Vampire" MLRS.
    ▪In the South Donetsk direction, fire damage was caused to the personnel and equipment of the 72nd infantry brigade of the Ukrainian Armed Forces and the 128th TerO brigade in the areas of the settlement. Ugledar and Vodyanoye.
    ▪APU losses: up to 155 militants and 4 vehicles, M777 howitzer, M109 “Paladin” howitzer, FH70 howitzer, 2 Msta-S self-propelled guns and 1 Gvozdika self-propelled gun.
    ▪In the Zaporozhye direction, 2 attacks of the Ukrainian Armed Forces were repelled north-west of the village. Verbovoye, Zaporozhye region.
    ▪Up to 20 militants, a tank, 2 vehicles, an M777 artillery system and a D-20 howitzer were destroyed.
    ▪In the Kherson direction, as a result of a fire defeat, enemy losses amounted to up to 45 militants, 11 vehicles, an M777 artillery system and a D-20 gun.
    ▪A Su-25 attack aircraft of the Ukrainian Air Force was hit at the Dolgintsevo airfield in the Dnepropetrovsk region.
    http://t.me/RVvoenkor
    1:20 PM · Oct 11, 2023
    ·
    Views

GarryB, franco, Big_Gazza, zardof and Hole like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:15 pm

Despite intensive attempts yesterday, the Russian armed forces failed to contain the Ukrainian forces in Avdeevka. Without a major offensive, they will stand still. In this war, neither side is able to make a breakthrough on the battlefield. Russia still has too few forces to defeat the Ukrainian defense.

owais.usmani likes this post

Big_Gazza and ucmvulcan dislike this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:27 am