Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+66
billybatts91
Manov
zare
owais.usmani
SolidarityWithRussia
bandit6
psg
Gomig-21
mr_hd
George1
Regular
mnztr
0nillie0
ucmvulcan
Backman
sepheronx
JohninMK
T-47
AlfaT8
Ispan
PapaDragon
Airbornewolf
Arrow
par far
thegopnik
Firebird
caveat emptor
TMA1
GunshipDemocracy
Werewolf
AMCXXL
Krepost
VARGR198
xeno
Belisarius
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
The-thing-next-door
Odin of Ossetia
kvs
Dr.Snufflebug
nomadski
ArgentinaGuard
lyle6
SeigSoloyvov
Walther von Oldenburg
Pincus Shain
Big_Gazza
Kiko
littlerabbit
Sprut-B
Broski
Sujoy
PhSt
Mir
Isos
higurashihougi
flamming_python
pavi
franco
Godric
d_taddei2
Arkanghelsk
Tolstoy
Hole
GarryB
ALAMO
70 posters

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov


    Posts : 3726
    Points : 3706
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  SeigSoloyvov Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:36 am

    @fire

    The will for Ukraine will exceed the Russians for the simple facts. Russia invaded them (not talking about whether you believe they justified or not) when you are invaded a countries will to resist is stronger then the attackers, I saw this in many countries.

    The only way to break this will is to unleash brutality, make the people realize the more you resist the worse it will get.

    Russia's leaving civic infrastructure intact they are not imposing fear into them so they are very much detached from the fear of war and because of this will fight to the bitter end,

    Alamo mich as I disagree with him, pointed out what you have to do too break the civilians will and soldiers will to win or fight.

    What Russia is currently doing will only strengthen Ukraine resolve, war is mental and psychological as well.

    That is why unless the Russians change their methods Ukraine will outlast them.

    As for the Russian public they will only tolerate their sons dying for so long. This isn't like in WW2 where the nazis rolled in and massacred millions and gave the Russians that legendary steel resolve to fight on as they did.

    I am not saying Russia should butt rush everywhere constantly but It needs to start cutting off large formations of Ukies troops faster then Ukraine can replace them.

    Because their current strat isn't going to cut it long term before their time frame closes. Yes they take little losses but Ukraine can replace their losses before Russia can capitalize on it making the impressive kill ratio pointless in a long term strategic sense.

    You need to kill or capture large formations and seize on this to make progress not just kill and sit there and hope that will work out

    I only hope I was able to make you understand a few things

    Odin of Ossetia likes this post

    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 10871
    Points : 10849
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 48
    Location : Scholzistan

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  Hole Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:48 am

    Germany goes down, the EU collapses. Other nations were always handout receivers.
    The Polish government wants to buy all those shiny weapons, but without EU money...  cry

    They just can't help themselves. Arrogance beyond par.
    The Poles know who they have to blame for that.

    Evidently the green troops that have had 3 weeks training are adequate enough to prevent collapse.
    The situation east of Kupyansk shows what happens if you can only send green troops to an area and got no reserves left to reinforce them.
    The same situation will appear along the southern lines of contact after the "counter-offensive" ends.

    Because the battle for Kharkov, for Dnepropetrovsk, Odessa, nevermind the battle for Kiev - will make Mariupol and Bakhmut look like child's play..
    Depends on the "defending" side. In Mariupol and Bakhmut the Ukros used a lot of "elite" units. In Mariupol they still had a lof of artillery and even AD systems (initially).
    In Bakhmut they had still lot of reserves (mostly with minor abilities).
    The reason Russia choose to go into Strategic Defence mode along the frontlines was to suck in all those more or less well trained troops and their equipment from the
    Ukro cities and rear areas.
    If the regime can only scrap together a few thousand barely trained soldiers with no heavy weapons the "Battle for Kiev" won´t last long.

    GarryB, flamming_python, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK, Sprut-B, LMFS and like this post

    avatar
    ALAMO


    Posts : 6875
    Points : 6967
    Join date : 2014-11-25

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  ALAMO Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:50 am

    What I find the biggest absurd about this situation, is the fact that Russia seems to be the only country that didn't want that war at all.
    It might sound ridiculous as they have started it - yet we need to consider all the factors here.
    My guess, after watching this show for almost a decade, is that Russkie finally realized that Ukraine would start the war under any circumstance. Only awaiting the moment. And the moment will be created anyhow, by destabilizing Russian borders, inflicting coups, and all that stuff.
    After sizing Azov's headquarters in Mariopol, it was already clear. A whole operation was already on its way.
    And watching how the Ukrowehrmacht is carrying, I have no doubts that they would have won.
    Simply throwing so much meat that the republican militias wouldn't have been able to chew it all.
    The biggest miscalculation Putin did, was assuming that there are anyone to talk with in the west.
    And there is none.
    Ukraine was already a divided private entity of the western colonizers, and that is the biggest issue here.
    Russkie attacked a direct business of the Biden family, and the ones who own Biden - and the US political establishment in a wider perspective.
    That is why the response was so unlogical, especially from the own Ukrainian perspective.
    Watching that all, people might forget that Minsk Agreements were all about Ukraine retaining its territorial integrity, and both republics returning to Kiev's control.
    Imagine. It was Moscow the only player sticked to the agreements, pushing for Ukraine's integrity, and ending the conflict at minimal cost.
    It is so insane, that without following the case from the very beginning, hardly anyone would believe in that.

    GarryB, markgreven, flamming_python, Werewolf, d_taddei2, kvs, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

    LMFS
    LMFS


    Posts : 5108
    Points : 5104
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  LMFS Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:44 pm

    The plot developing in 404 is nothing but a variation of the West's strategy against Russia in play for the last centuries. No Russian statesman with a functioning brain was oblivious to the fact that a war was coming and in fact the last 8 years have been a direct preparation for it, a well thought-out and successful one BTW. But if you look at the developments in terms of military technology and equipment of the Russian armed forces, you realize that this was in the making for at least 20 years, if not more. It was all so predictable that Russia had plenty of time to prepare for, if only the government was not a bunch of crooks like in the 90's. Now the military gap between NATO and Russia is generational and, as soon as some technologies are fully mastered and new equipment long in the making starts actually reaching the troops, the full NATO can go to war and the outcome will not be different.

    Re. Putin, he always creates and supports his case before acting. So he gives ample opportunity for the other side to reconsider their position and make sure that no misunderstandings or rushed actions are taken. This is a bit of theater, but its part of Russia's diplomacy to legitimate their decisions on the international sphere and from a historical perspective. But as said they were preparing Russia for this from minute 1 since he got to the presidency. They are not amateurs after all

    Re. Azov and the operation they were planing, it was about taking not only Donbass, but pushing into Russia proper. Obviously a provocation needs to consider as much escalation as needed, and if some hundreds of thousands of dead Russians in Donetsk had not triggered the war, then going to Rostov would done the trick, of course the claims about Russian intervention can be faked at will in the Western propaganda to justify for additional attacks against the bases of such Russian forces.

    Finally, I don't find it illogical what has happened in 404. It is fake country turned a colony turned slaughterhouse where some Russians were taught to define themselves as the opposite of other Russians, the only meaning of Ukraine is to deny, usurp and plunder Russia for the West. Once the masses have been brainwashed to that level and a criminal junta has been put in place, there is nothing holding back the monster. Now it is even worse, since Zelensky&Co need this massacre going on for as long as possible, peace negotiations will require to provide excuses to the population and inadequate leadership (who would have believed that a clown would qualify to run the country in such challenging conditions) is clearly the first in the list. The bastard is the main actor in demilitarizing Ukraine, it is only normal that Russia has still not touched him...


    Last edited by LMFS on Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

    GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, ALAMO, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK, littlerabbit and like this post

    avatar
    11E


    Posts : 119
    Points : 129
    Join date : 2020-12-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  11E Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:54 pm

    According to this news article on a Dutch newssite the UKR broke through a ''difficult RUS defensive line and that from now on their offensive action will go on quicker.

    Anyone who can shed a light on this so-called break through?

    https://www.ad.nl/buitenland/oekraiense-troepen-breken-door-moeilijkste-russische-verdedigingslinie-heen-vanaf-nu-zal-het-sneller-gaan~ada80172/

    Backman dislikes this post

    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 39220
    Points : 39718
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  GarryB Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:56 pm

    The advantage in artillery hardly helps Russia then... Russia has not captured even 1% of Ukrainian territory in 2023, all gains made are really tiny.

    Capturing territory is not the goal.

    Eliminating enemy troops and weapons and equipment is the goal and that is going exceptionally well.

    Without big arrow offensives winning this war is not possible.

    Occupying large swaths of Ukrainian territory is not the goal of Russia, and would not win the war.

    For them, having numerical advantage is necessary. I wanna see Bagration-like offensives with 3-4x Ru numerical advantage breaking the back of the Ukro army. So far none of this can be seen.

    To achieve that they would need to have a few rounds of call ups and quite a few companies would cease production because of lack of workers, which will effect the economy.

    Right now Russia is winning and the west are getting desperate and Kiev is failing by throwing men at Russian lines of defence because there is nothing else they can do.


    This the russian strategy for the last year.

    And probably the next year until Kiev runs out of men and then they will start pushing forward in places there are gaps or weaknesses... but as shown by Kievs forces pushing forward into mined areas under enemy artillery is dangerous slow work that would be costly if you did it half arsed... like Kiev is doing it.

    None of those things affects the MIC where cost is no object. In the medium to long term capabilities will degrade but for now they are capable. They can buy metals from the USA, Canada, India, China etc etc.

    It is the US that prints money, not Europe... and they are not just paying for the Ukrainian government and weapons and equipment, they are also paying for Ukrainian refugees in Europe too... they have started asking us to take some...

    Looking how they can't deliver more than 10 items for every weapon they promised to Kiev they production capacity isn't super.

    Obviously Europe could do better if it actually felt threatened, but this is about arming Kiev to damage Moscow... they couldn't send thousands of tanks and aircraft and millions of shells if they wanted to.

    No. Not at all. I am contending that Russia has to be more brazen in the Black sea. And be less polite.

    You want them to act like the west would... well maybe that is why Russia is Russia and why this conflict is happening in the first place.

    Thankfully this stupidity from the US and EU has woken Russia up and the discounts and cheap materials time is over... Russia used to let European and Japanese fishermen fish in Russian waters and then can the fish in their own countries and sell the fish to Russia at ten times the domestic price they pay themselves.

    This conflict is changing a lot of things and mostly for the better.

    You have to take into account that everything they're saying could be a lie. About production plans and so on too. In reality they would be fools if they haven't got plans already in motion and at an advanced stage for ramping up production, not only against Russia but moreover against China too.

    I hope they have because it will be 4-5 years before it gets to a useful level for Ukraine and probably 5 years after that before they can look at developing brand new stuff that can replace the current stuff they are using and have in production long enough to fill up the reserves they would need.

    If NATO succeeds in starting to move it's economy into a war footing with the rapid foundation of new industrial capacities, maintain political cohesion of their bloc without defections or coups or revolutions, and enact at least a partial mobilization of their populations - then they can win against Russia, in fact probably will win.

    Not without a total reform to change their MIC to companies that care about defence and not so much about profit....

    Eastern Europe has just sent all its Cold War Warsaw Pact stuff to Kiev and they expect it all to be replaced by modern expensive western stuff that is like ten times more expensive to buy and ten times more expensive to operate, and the US has the same problem... I suspect a lot of European countries will be looking at South Korean tanks and armoured vehicles because Abrams use too much fuel and the German Leopard is clearly shit and its replacement wont be ready for 10 years let alone in production for anyone other than Germany...

    And inflation is high so any money they borrow will be earning top interest which they also have to pay back.

    Any ideas what the local population in newly incorporated territories thinks about being a part of Russia?

    I would guess they will do as they are told like they did when the nazis from Kiev arrived and started killing people who didn't hate Russians.

    At the very least they will want peace and appreciate that Russia will build and repair, whereas Kiev will continue to funnel any money they get to beachhouses and islands around the world.

    Don't assume the same will happen if they take on a bloc of nations with over 700m population that deliver most of the advanced tech on the planet.

    The fight in Ukraine is about kicking out the American overlords and their Ukrainian nazi puppets and then letting the Ukrainian people start again, either as part of Russia, or as independent states... they will get to decide.

    Any conflict with Poland or the Baltic states or Finland will be brutal and nasty and likely nuclear... Russia does not care about Europeans any more, they are the enemy trying to bleed Russia of resources and assets and sending money and weapons and ammo to Kiev to murder Russian soldiers and civilians... there will be no kid gloves needed in such a conflict.

    I am glad Putin would never be so unwise. He is a smart man. Prob the best leader on the planet today. I hope Russia can get this finished.

    He is a smart man , which is why the west hates him so much, but he clearly realises that the west wants this to be over faster than Russia does but they want Kiev to win, so that is not going to happen. The alternative is to surrender Kiev and let Russia win and they wont do that either so they think they can bleed Russia and get Russia to do something stupid, but Putin knows this conflict is destroying the west and not destroying Russia.

    Russia is being damaged but planes crash and things catch fire anyway, to rush this conflict with some silly encirclements and ultimatums will create Leningrad like sieges that the local nazis will love to be a part of, and they can continue to brutalise the locals.

    When more Ukrainians realise they wont win and that the sooner this stops the better the outcome will be for them because they will stop losing thousands of men per day, then the chances they will start to do something for themselves and stop this.

    Russian forces can then move forward and pick up the enemies laid down arms and start looking for war criminals and hold referendums so the people can decide their own future.

    Its a tragedy that has to end ASAP.

    This tragedy has to be ended properly or it will just repeat in 5 years time perhaps with different results.

    When the entire Air Force of NATO nations starts attacking Russia, then they are taking on NATO. Until then they are fighting pawns armed with NATOs rubbish.

    If you still think air power would make any difference then I suspect you have not been paying attention... HATOs air power is impressive but would be quickly grounded... it is not able to operate from unpaved fields like most Soviet aircraft can.

    The safest assumption is to prepare for the worst . What is the worst that could happen ?

    Expecting the worst from others might protect you from disappointment, but it also prevents you making friends and in actual fact ends up with you making enemies out of people who could have been friends or just people you know.

    There is no benefit to negotiate with NATO until they are is a full position to dictate terms. tens of thousand of Russian boys are dead. The sooner this can be ended on RUSSIAS TERMS the better for all. And even better for Americans and Europeans. After Russia defeats Ukraine, hopefully they will be less willing to foment wars.

    It is not going to end on Russias terms until Kievs army is either defeated or turns on him and kicks the US and HATO and the EU out of their part of the country.

    That isn't Russia's responsibility. If the west wants to increase the heat, they will get burned. Are they willing to? Lets see. But really, it isn't Russia's choice one way or another. They are doing what they must.

    The German economy is being damaged... and not just theirs, also Finland and Sweden and lots of other countries are having problems and the US is saying you are not on fire it is just a nice sunny day... what you need is more gas on the fire and that will solve things... the sanctions weren't the problem, the problem was not enough sanctions that didn't go far enough... except obviously a Russia uranium ban because America imported more Russian uranium this year than in several years previous... maybe they know what is coming soon...

    If Russia cannot subdue the Ukies AF, are people seriously stupid enough to be claiming Russia could neutralize all of NATOs AF in ten min....and we do have planes capable of carrying ask with 200m range .

    HATO would collapse if they took the air losses the Ukraine AF has taken... it now consists of rats hiding in dark corners... sometimes getting airborne long enough to launch a missile and get shot down and sometimes not even that.

    HATO airforce intervention would be described as a target rich environment... don't think they would shoot them all down but a lot will be burning... and once they start introducing them their bases in Europe and other targets in Europe become fair game... have you worked out how to shoot down their hypersonic missiles yet?

    Russias biggest problem would be deciding what to destroy first.


    Yeap you get it, Russia cannot afford to let this war carry on for another five years.

    Actually the opposite... it makes more sense to stretch it out and do as much damage to the west as possible than finish it now and risk a repeat in 5 years time where HATO secretly trains Orcs in Exile and fully equips and arms them in secret and then attacks in 5 years time...

    I'm not an expert on military strategy, I have no training as an officer, just this armchair general stuff from forums such as these and the various computer wargames I played and some books that I read.

    I am not either, but if it does turn out to last 10 years then Russia can always decide to start destroying infrastructure the way the west does to destroy the spirit of the country they happen to be attacking... there is a lot of real damage they can do like destroying farming machinery and truck transport and burning crops and storage areas for just any thing... once the entire civilian population start to suffer how long will they continue to support Zelensky... but Putin is not being that sort of bastard because he is not American or British... who happily leveled entire German cities and sent farmers to concentration camps for reeducation long before the commies ever did.


    Agree 10 min is impossible, flight time of Topol and Bulava is 30 minutes.

    Actually for close targets in Europe... 10 minutes would be just about right... it is targets 10-12 thousand kms or more away that take longer...

    The only way to break this will is to unleash brutality, make the people realize the more you resist the worse it will get.

    They are Russian, not uncouth barbarian Americans... they can save that for Plan B.

    What I find the biggest absurd about this situation, is the fact that Russia seems to be the only country that didn't want that war at all.
    It might sound ridiculous as they have started it - yet we need to consider all the factors here.

    The irony is that it is actually the only country involved that wants the war to end and never wanted the war in the first place, but they were not given a choice and so if there is going to be a war it needs to achieve the goal of not becoming an endless war... and with an enemy that can't be trusted that is supported by countries that can't be trusted, then it needs to end by ending the country as it is now...

    The bastard is the main actor in demilitarizing Ukraine, it is only normal that Russia has still not touched him...

    It would look more democratic for Ukrainians to remove him when they come to the realisation that he is a liar and a thief and is not working for their interests... if Russia kills him he becomes a martyr... and he is so incompetent they might actually start to become more effective...

    Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole and Broski like this post

    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 39220
    Points : 39718
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  GarryB Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:58 pm

    According to this news article on a Dutch newssite the UKR broke through a ''difficult RUS defensive line and that from now on their offensive action will go on quicker.

    Anyone who can shed a light on this so-called break through?

    Would guess the Orcs concentrated a lot of their forces in a small area and broke into a defensive line... the Russians likely retreated and are about to slaughter them with artillery and Helicopter attacks in the bulge sticking into Russian lines with their escape about to be covered in a fresh large minefield...

    d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK, Sprut-B, LMFS and like this post

    avatar
    Arrow


    Posts : 2786
    Points : 2778
    Join date : 2012-02-12

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  Arrow Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:01 pm

    ....and we do have planes capable of carrying ask with 200m range . wrote:

    So how many NATO planes can carry missiles with a range of 200km?
    Scorpius
    Scorpius


    Posts : 1477
    Points : 1477
    Join date : 2020-11-06
    Age : 36

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  Scorpius Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:06 pm


    There is a channel on YouTube where they regularly post videos about the restoration of Mariupol by Russia. Let me guess - you won't see this in the Western media.

    in this video, at 0:27, an advertising poster is visible: "Mortgage at 2% per annum for the entire term" is a special program for new Russian territories. In Moscow, for example, now without preferential programs, you can count on a mortgage only at 12-15% per annum.

    1:45-1:52
    Announcement of recruitment to work at the UMMC enterprise (Southern Mining and Metallurgical Complex) in the city of Alchevsk. Salary range for workers: 40 000 - 110 000 rubles per month
    For managers, specialists, employees: 60 000 - 105 000 rubles per month.

    Construction workers engaged in the restoration of Mariupol and the surrounding area currently receive up to 300,000 rubles a month - in connection with which there is a shortage of personnel throughout Russia, since most of the workers have left for Mariupol.

    GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia and like this post

    avatar
    ALAMO


    Posts : 6875
    Points : 6967
    Join date : 2014-11-25

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  ALAMO Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:24 pm

    LMFS wrote:
    Finally, I don't find it illogical what has happened in 404. It is fake country turned a colony turned slaughterhouse where some Russians were taught to define themselves as the opposite of other Russians, the only meaning of Ukraine is to deny, usurp and plunder Russia for the West. Once the masses have been brainwashed to that level and a criminal junta has been put in place, there is nothing holding back the monster. Now it is even worse, since Zelensky&Co need this massacre from going on for as long as possible, peace negotiations will require to provide excuses to the population and inadequate leadership (who would have believed that a clown would qualify to run the country in such challenging conditions) is clearly the first in the list. The bastard is the main actor in demilitarizing Ukraine, it is only normal that Russia has still not touched him...

    I didn't mean it is illogical per se. It is illogical from the Ukrainian well-being perspective.
    Russia subsidized Ukraine for its entire nezavisimost. We talk about tens of billions of euro benefits, having different sources.
    Biting the hand that feeds you ...

    GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, zardof and like this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 9077
    Points : 9139
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  flamming_python Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:44 pm

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:@fire

    The will for Ukraine will exceed the Russians for the simple facts. Russia invaded them (not talking about whether you believe they justified or not) when you are invaded a countries will to resist is stronger then the attackers, I saw this in many countries.

    The only way to break this will is to unleash brutality, make the people realize the more you resist the worse it will get.

    Russia's leaving civic infrastructure intact they are not imposing fear into them so they are very much detached from the fear of war and because of this will fight to the bitter end,

    Alamo mich as I disagree with him, pointed out what you have to do too break the civilians will and soldiers will to win or fight.

    What Russia is currently doing will only strengthen Ukraine resolve, war is mental and psychological as well.

    That is why unless the Russians change their methods Ukraine will outlast them.

    As for the Russian public they will only tolerate their sons dying for so long. This isn't like in WW2 where the nazis rolled in and massacred millions and gave the Russians that legendary steel resolve to fight on as they did.

    I am not saying Russia should butt rush everywhere constantly but It needs to start cutting off large formations of Ukies troops faster then Ukraine can replace them.

    Because their current strat isn't going to cut it long term before their time frame closes. Yes they take little losses but Ukraine can replace their losses before Russia can capitalize on it making the impressive kill ratio pointless in a long term strategic sense.

    You need to kill or capture large formations and seize on this to make progress not just kill and sit there and hope that will work out

    I only hope I was able to make you understand a few things

    Understand this instead

    The Crimea and the Donbass are our people and our land. We have every resolve to defend them and the price for failure in this operation is at a minimum their destabilization if not their ethnic cleansing.
    Do you know how hard Russia has fought for the Crimea, over the centuries, to conquer it, and then defend it again and again; in the Crimean War, during WW2? Do you know much of a threat the Crimean Khanate posed prior to Russian Tsardom prior to being taken under control? Do you know how intense the battles were for the Donbass in WW2?
    You talk about Russian dead in this war - but how many Russians have died for both of these territories to remain a part of Russia or the Soviet state in its time? And you think it's a matter of 5 or 10 years, until everyone decides its okay to fail the memory of your forefathers so spectacularly or stop defending your people and just give up in the face of a threat to them.

    What would the 'resolve' of the Americans be if Mexico decided to invade Texas and southern California? Or pose any kind of threat to them in fact, visibly build up forces, send terrorist bands over the border, etc..? Hey I mean, these territories were part of Mexico before after all, all's fair right?

    Furthermore people understand perfectly well that the Ukraine is but a puppet in someone else's hands. People here haven't missed that British newspapers were publishing photos and expressing glee over those they captioned as 'dead Russians'. People here haven't missed that Russian conductors and musicians were being cancelled, that many other public figures were forced to make public condemnations and express political views not their own. That various Western publications and journalists have been circulating maps of a balkanized Russia and all sorts of organizations have sprung up to advocate 'free Siberia this' or 'free Tatarstan that'. That one of the German philosophers or political scientists recently has opined that Russia is returning to its 'Asiatic roots'. That the shock & awe sanctions the US & EU enacted were designed to impoverish everyone in Russia and catapult them into economic misery and that the war was provoked with this scenario in mind. That a number of ex-leaders of these countries have openly boasted about how the Minsk agreements were penned not to resolve the conflict and establish peace, but to buy time to prepare the Ukraine for war. And that they've in general been talking about how much they despise our "gas station masquerading as a country" not since the start of the SMO, not since 2014, but for the last 30 years.

    People understand that this enemy means to destroy us and their attempts to do so did not start with the Ukraine and will not end with the Ukraine. Anywhere adjacent to Russia where they entrench themselves, in fact, they will move towards brainwashing the local population into nationalist revisionism and Russophobia, stroking egos and corrupting the local elites into antagonistic towards Russia policies, digging out long-buried historical or territorial disputes between that country and one particular northern neighbour of it, and all sorts of other under-handed tactics.

    And that in fact it may yet all escalate into full-scale war with this NATO bloc and that Russia must be prepared for that too. It must be self-sufficient industrially, it must rapidly re-arm, it must expand the army and build up a larger core of personnel with real battle experience, it must construct defensive lines and act conservatively as NATO armed intervention whether official or unofficial can potentially begin at any time.

    And so given all this, now look again at the conditions Russia is making for peace with the Ukraine.
    Recognition of the Crimea and Donbass as our land. Can't be any other way.
    And exclusion of NATO from the Ukraine and stopping its expansion to anywhere else bordering Russia. Can't be any other way.
    And as soon as these two issues are resolved in Russia's favour, the war will stop. It can't continue, there will be neither a reason nor support for it. Because in contradiction with Western propaganda - it has rather little to do with invading the Ukraine for the hell of it just to tell them what to do and how to live their lives - and everything to do with protecting our-very-selves. From both Ukrainian nationalists locally, and NATO schemes in the wider sense. There can be no peace for our territory or population otherwise.

    GarryB, psg, Werewolf, d_taddei2, ALAMO, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

    avatar
    Arrow


    Posts : 2786
    Points : 2778
    Join date : 2012-02-12

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  Arrow Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:55 pm

    And as soon as these two issues are resolved in Russia's favour, the war will stop. wrote:

    It won't end. Ukraine will declare that it will not join NATO, after which NATO will very soon enter Ukraine, arming them even more. Russia should know that any declarations and signatures on papers are worth nothing. NATO will be in Ukraine, it depends on Russia how far it will go in Ukraine, on which territory NATO will deploy.

    Odin of Ossetia likes this post

    thegopnik
    thegopnik


    Posts : 1742
    Points : 1744
    Join date : 2017-09-20

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  thegopnik Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:27 pm

    I will be satisfied enough if Odessa is Russian territory.

    Backman likes this post

    avatar
    Arrow


    Posts : 2786
    Points : 2778
    Join date : 2012-02-12

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  Arrow Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:53 pm

    thegopnik wrote:I will be satisfied enough if Odessa is Russian territory.

    Currently, they do not even control the entire Donbas...

    Odin of Ossetia, owais.usmani and Broski like this post

    thegopnik
    thegopnik


    Posts : 1742
    Points : 1744
    Join date : 2017-09-20

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  thegopnik Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:55 pm

    GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, zepia, zardof, littlerabbit, Sprut-B and like this post

    avatar
    Arrow


    Posts : 2786
    Points : 2778
    Join date : 2012-02-12

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  Arrow Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:28 pm

    https://t.me/fighter_bomber/13797
    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 10871
    Points : 10849
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 48
    Location : Scholzistan

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  Hole Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:29 pm

    a lot of their forces in a small area and broke into a defensive line
    Not even that. The western "experts" in the MSM declared some of the villages in which there is fighting going on in the last couples of days to be
    part ot fhe "first main line of defence" while in reality they are part of the security or grey zone.

    psg, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK, zardof, littlerabbit and like this post

    nomadski
    nomadski


    Posts : 2818
    Points : 2826
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  nomadski Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:33 pm

    GarryB wrote " Expecting the worst from others might protect you from disappointment, but it also prevents you making friends and in actual fact ends up with you making enemies out of people who could have been friends or just people you know."

    You don't have to forgo friendships, just have in mind the fact that friend and foe is a product of external and internal conditions. And prepare yourself for disappointments. In nature, the strongest creatures are loners and the weakest are social. Therefore strength should play a part in our thinking, of what is the worst! In the worst of conditions, Switzerland will remain neutral! The other factor is the internal mental environment. If we have nations with a colonial history, such as most of western Europe, especially after their " victory" in the middle East, the ability to destroy nations, has given the impression of invincibility. This together with their relative physical strength, is a dangerous combination. I always thought that Iran will be on the menu, after Syria, but they missed the target again, and the burden of de-hubris-dization, fell on Russia. This is the worst that can happen! The hungry Lions come to feed. Or all of NATO at war with Russia, on several fronts. We don't determine the physical or mental conditions by our efforts or wishful thinking. It is the physical potential of a situation that decides. In such a case, useless to confront NATO conventionally. Put all conventional efforts into Ukraine war. Answer non-conventionally afterwards.
    avatar
    mnztr


    Posts : 2798
    Points : 2836
    Join date : 2018-01-21

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  mnztr Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:27 pm

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:@fire

    The will for Ukraine will exceed the Russians for the simple facts. Russia invaded them (not talking about whether you believe they justified or not) when you are invaded a countries will to resist is stronger then the attackers, I saw this in many countries.

    The only way to break this will is to unleash brutality, make the people realize the more you resist the worse it will get.

    Russia's leaving civic infrastructure intact they are not imposing fear into them so they are very much detached from the fear of war and because of this will fight to the bitter end,

    Alamo mich as I disagree with him, pointed out what you have to do too break the civilians will and soldiers will to win or fight.

    What Russia is currently doing will only strengthen Ukraine resolve, war is mental and psychological as well.

    That is why unless the Russians change their methods Ukraine will outlast them.

    As for the Russian public they will only tolerate their sons dying for so long. This isn't like in WW2 where the nazis rolled in and massacred millions and gave the Russians that legendary steel resolve to fight on as they did.

    I am not saying Russia should butt rush everywhere constantly but It needs to start cutting off large formations of Ukies troops faster then Ukraine can replace them.

    Because their current strat isn't going to cut it long term before their time frame closes. Yes they take little losses but Ukraine can replace their losses before Russia can capitalize on it making the impressive kill ratio pointless in a long term strategic sense.

    You need to kill or capture large formations and seize on this to make progress not just kill and sit there and hope that will work out

    I only hope I was able to make you understand a few things

    The will to resist is so strong that what % of the population left? lol. Seriously. They are down to maybe 18m people from close to 40m.
    Capturing large formations, then what do you do with them? Just take out the fuel and its over. Ukraine is a massive nation, cannot conduct war without transport

    Odin of Ossetia dislikes this post

    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov


    Posts : 3726
    Points : 3706
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  SeigSoloyvov Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:46 pm

    There will always be people who will flee at first, its the ones that remain who will fight to the bitter end.

    Take them, prisoner.

    Much easier said then done but that is merely one of the things they need to do, to defeat the Ukie forces. Not the only thing

    Sprut-B likes this post

    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 39220
    Points : 39718
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  GarryB Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:10 pm

    You don't have to forgo friendships, just have in mind the fact that friend and foe is a product of external and internal conditions.

    What sort of potential for friendship can there be with someone who is expecting you are going to stab them if they turn their back on you, or do not believe anything they say to you because they suspect you are lying to them and want to hurt them the first chance you get?

    They are going to think you are crazy... are they wrong?

    Sprut-B and Hole like this post

    avatar
    mnztr


    Posts : 2798
    Points : 2836
    Join date : 2018-01-21

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  mnztr Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:38 pm

    GarryB wrote:
    You don't have to forgo friendships, just have in mind the fact that friend and foe is a product of external and internal conditions.

    What sort of potential for friendship can there be with someone who is expecting you are going to stab them if they turn their back on you, or do not believe anything they say to you because they suspect you are lying to them and want to hurt them the first chance you get?

    They are going to think you are crazy... are they wrong?

    Like a crazy GF lol.

    GarryB likes this post

    avatar
    mnztr


    Posts : 2798
    Points : 2836
    Join date : 2018-01-21

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  mnztr Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:40 pm

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:There will always be people who will flee at first, its the ones that remain who will fight to the bitter end.

    Take them, prisoner.

    Much easier said then done but that is merely one of the things they need to do, to defeat the Ukie forces. Not the only thing

    Many people don' have the means to flee. So just 'cos they stay does not mean they are vehement. In fact quite a few stay to welcome Russia, although there are many opposed as you go further west.

    GarryB and flamming_python like this post

    avatar
    ALAMO


    Posts : 6875
    Points : 6967
    Join date : 2014-11-25

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  ALAMO Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:51 pm

    $12k is a new rate for a man smuggling via the Danube to Romania.
    Confirmed today.
    My Ukrainian employee was just collecting cash for bailing out his younger brother kidnapped straight from the street.
    Just kidnapped. A car stopped, three guys jumped out, and pulled him into a van.
    Krivy Rog.
    Those things are real folks. Just real.

    GarryB, kvs, littlerabbit, Sprut-B, LMFS, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

    Werewolf
    Werewolf


    Posts : 5920
    Points : 6109
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  Werewolf Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:54 pm

    The Ukro theater will not end before there is two more fronts opened.

    Just look at the idiocy created in Kazakhstan by Tokaev. This idiot is openly working against Russia with all red lines that will definitely provoke war. He signed an Agreement back in 2021 to create US biolabs on Kazakh soil, even more signed recently. Under him openly supporting a fascist Nazi state like Ukraine is all fine while everyone is sued or fined for even having a Russian flag. The open demonization of Russia and Russians is widely accepted instead of surpressing nationalism and anti-russian sentiment. The same Ukro propaganda talk is common of "bring back Kazakh territory like Omksaya Oblast', Astrakhanskaya Oblast', Tjuminskaya Oblast', Orenburgskaya Oblast' and Tomskaya Oblast'. That rhetoric is bold and does not come out of stupidity alone. They are getting told and the same "securities" Georgia and Ukraine were promised. This war is inevitable.

    The reason for Kazakhstan being a front is A) they are dumb enough and bordering Russia B) Kazakhstan is part of the turkic-language pan-turkic world Turkey itself is trying to create. Turkey is a disobedient dog of the US and is not obeying. It needs to be punished. They will either go and help Kazakhstan when shit happens or they will be not stupid and refrain from it, will lose trust among the turkic-language countries and take damage as the "leader" of this new alliance they are creating. It's a lose-lose situation for Turkey, a giant Dick up the Ass for Kazakhstan, because it will definitely lose some parts of it's territory and roughly 10% of it's population, not to mention the flood of roughly 2-3 mln refugees to bordering countries.

    The other front we know is Polen and time will tell how stupid that will end.

    sepheronx, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Odin of Ossetia, littlerabbit, Sprut-B, Backman and like this post


    Sponsored content


    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #47

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 12:08 am