Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+69
The-thing-next-door
RTN
Godric
Hannibal Barca
onwiththewar
Azi
Karl Haushofer
dionis
sundoesntrise
TMA1
SolidarityWithRussia
xeno
jhelb
Scorpius
LMFS
d_taddei2
11E
Krepost
0nillie0
DerWolf
owais.usmani
Werewolf
limb
Stealthflanker
Erk
VARGR198
Rodion_Romanovic
higurashihougi
Kiko
Belisarius
Lapain
nomadski
famschopman
mr_hd
Broski
Serberus
zare
AlfaT8
lancelot
Regular
kvs
sepheronx
Mir
thegopnik
Firebird
lyle6
Tolstoy
Big_Gazza
klahtinen
PhSt
GunshipDemocracy
Odin of Ossetia
Backman
Sujoy
Hole
Arrow
JohninMK
flamming_python
GarryB
Arkanghelsk
PapaDragon
ucmvulcan
zorobabel
Dr.Snufflebug
mnztr
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
ALAMO
Isos
franco
73 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42

Mir
    Mir

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42

Post  Mir Thu May 04, 2023 9:24 am

mr_nobody wrote:
    For me it is good sign that Ukraine is careful to keep freedom of its own action and not become too dependent on the West;

I see you are working hard on improving your comedy skills - well done! cheers
    Laughing Laughing Laughing

GarryB, Werewolf, xeno, Big_Gazza, ALAMO, GunshipDemocracy, Rodion_Romanovic and like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42

Post  GarryB Thu May 04, 2023 9:40 am

They are 100%, and when I say they I mean the Zelensky tribe of arse lickers, dependent on the US, if the US stopped funding them they would be gone overnight.

And when the US economy has collapsed because their leadership are idiots and the US comes begging for food Russia will likely help them out like they would any other third world country because they are human beings and not the animals in charge of the west for the last few centuries.

The US is like the old man who beat his children, he will say that was how he was taught, or he didn't know any better, but he did it because their pain made him feel better about his own empty life and now he needs help and he needs them they are not there because they don't love him... they think he is a monster and that is exactly what he is.

American movies where the climate changes and the American people all move to Mexico but they will take us in because obviously they owe it to America right?

Americans don't understand but I bet the Mexicans do.

Btw I love Russia, Russian culture and Russian people - however I do not approve at all Putin, what he is doing in Ukraine and what he is doing with Russia too. For me he already made irreparable long term damage to Russia - just by staying way too long on power. Russia historically has incredible long list of authoritarian idiots that abused power and stayed way too long on it - that is mean reason why Russia is poor and underdeveloped even if it is the most resource reach land on the planet. And Putin is just one more name on that list, for me last 5-6 years approval for him went down to zero and then on minus territory.

Russia was a monarchy and their leaders stayed as long as they lived and they passed on their rule to their children whether they were competent or not... Putin is the best thing to ever happen to Russia and it is currently stronger than the west and getting stronger because they are right and the west is wrong.

Everything happening in the Ukraine was set in motion in the west and what is happening now will actually make the place better for everyone including the Ukrainian people themselves.

Look at the difference... 25 odd years of Kievs rule in Crimea and referendum after referendum ignored... first referendum with Russian troops to help keep the peace created by the Crimean people themselves and their wishes are respected... that is a democracy they haven't had for over 100 years... and now new regions of the Ukraine are learning the same thing... Russia fixes things and improves things and Kiev buys bombs and bullets and property in the west for the retirement of public officials and senior military men that survive.

Putin is Stalin without the violence and death, though you would think if you read western views he was even worse than Hitler in terms of his evil.

The ICC has a warrant out for his arrest for moving children out of a war zone and into places to learn and escape the 9 years of shelling that Kiev has been inflicting on them and their neighbours.

Will be funny when western companies that own the rich black soil farmland in the Ukraine watch Kievs tanks firing depleted uranium shells all over the place to render their investments void no matter how this ends...

Werewolf, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Rodion_Romanovic, Hole, Kiko, Broski and like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu May 04, 2023 9:45 am

flamming_python wrote:...
    And that means the Ukrainians are now the ones who have set up a fire envelope or trap or whatever you want to call it for this last little section of Bakhmut, sure in the knowledge that the Russians mean to secure this parcel of land.

And attacking there where the enemy is strongest, where the enemy most expects you, etc... is just bad Sun Tzu all around. Has Wagner really been ordered by the Kremlin to secure some sort of propaganda victory by May 9th or whatever? .

This would be the most retarded thing ever

Then again countries do have a habit of living up to stereotypes

And they say Hollywood is unrealistic...

flamming_python and owais.usmani like this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Thu May 04, 2023 10:03 am

It won't be that funny Garry!

The Western banks dont give a **** where that grain is sold provided the directors of the bank dont have to eat contaminated food.
    That land belongs to Russia.

It may be that Russia has to desert Eastern lands and take Western lands around Lvov as compensation for any agro-ecodisaster.

Putin needs to grab hold of his balls and tank revenge on ANY demons that use DU shells or any form of radiological warfare. And I dont mean the puppets, I mean the decision takers.

Putin has threatened to strike "decision makers" in the West in the past.
    A threat not carried out is far worse than never making a threat at all. It removes all one's credibility.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu May 04, 2023 11:01 am

What they should do is reduce a few tons of DU down to the finest of powders and ship it to western waters and dump it in the English Channel... it is OK because it is harmless and if the UK wont clean up the Ukraine then why should Russia clean up the English Channel.

The problem is that after they start using it such revenge is hollow, it makes rather more sense to make threats and try to avoid the entire situation.

Of course that is what the Minsk agreements were about and we know how that turned out.

Perhaps DU confetti at the Coronation?

Werewolf likes this post

famschopman

Post  famschopman Thu May 04, 2023 11:02 am

Just capture Zelensky and interrogate him while he is showing signs of cocaine withdrawal. No need to pull finger nails or drill holes in his knee caps. Just put some white powder on the table in front of him; he will spill the beans in no time. drunken

GarryB likes this post

Kiko
    Kiko

Post  Kiko Thu May 04, 2023 11:56 am

US behind Ukraine's attack on Kremlin, Peskov says, 05.04.2023.

Peskov: the United States is behind Ukraine's attack on the Kremlin, choosing targets for Kyiv.

MOSCOW, May 4 - RIA Novosti. The United States is behind the Ukrainian attack on the Kremlin, Russian presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.

“Such attempts to disown this both in Kiev and in Washington are, of course, absolutely ridiculous. We know very well that decisions on such actions and such terrorist attacks are made not in Kiev, but in Washington. And Kiev is already doing what what it is told to do," he said.

As Peskov added, Moscow knows that "often even the goals themselves are not determined by Kyiv, but they are determined in Washington." After that, the United States indicates to the Ukrainian military an object for attack, demanding that the Ukrainian Armed Forces carry out the attack.

“It’s not every time that Kiev is given the right to choose means. This is also often dictated from across the ocean. We know this well and are aware of this. Dividing it all in two or not dividing it is whatever, but Washington should clearly understand that we know it," he said.

On Wednesday, the presidential administration reported that Ukraine tried to strike with two drones on the Kremlin residence of Vladimir Putin . The military and special services managed to disable them with the help of radar warfare systems. During the attempted attack, the head of state was not injured, his work schedule has not changed.

The Kremlin regarded the attack on the presidential residence as a terrorist attack and an attempt on his life. They stressed that Moscow reserves the right to take retaliatory measures - where and when it sees fit.

https://ria.ru/20230504/ataka-1869623523.html

GarryB, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, zardof, lyle6, Mir and Broski like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Thu May 04, 2023 1:32 pm

Larry Johnson´s take:

Russia is going to play this to the hilt. Note that it waited almost 24 hours before announcing the attack. However, Putin and his General staff are not going to be driven by emotion. They have a war plan and will continue to follow it until circumstances on the ground require a change.

Some believe that Russia will now take off the gloves and attack the Ukrainian Executive, Legislative and military headquarters in Kiev. I believe that the Russians are not in a hurry to do this. Why? I believe they have intelligence assets, i.e., human spies, embedded in the Ukrainian General Staff and in Zelensky’s cabinet. Hitting those key Ukrainian government facilities when they are filled with workers would run the risk of destroying critical human sources. Just something to think about.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42 - Page 8 Fvrkll10
    Counter-attack running smoothly.

GarryB, flamming_python, zare, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Thu May 04, 2023 1:48 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42 - Page 8 Fvo3mn10
    Mariupol
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42 - Page 8 Fvrbkd10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42 - Page 8 Fvrzpw10
    New batch ready

GarryB, franco, psg, Firebird, flamming_python, Werewolf, par far and like this post

zare

Post  zare Thu May 04, 2023 2:24 pm

Hole wrote:I believe they have intelligence assets, i.e., human spies, embedded in the Ukrainian General Staff and in Zelensky’s cabinet. [b]Hitting those key Ukrainian government facilities when they are filled with workers would run the risk of destroying critical human sources.

Not having them is unrealistic.
    Even if they didn't have agents, they at least know the general layout of the infrastructure. Striking those buildings would result in survivors relocating in an undisclosed new build, probably a bunker.

Just like Wagner guy's social media escapades, this is a maskirovka. They want to push Ukrainian officials to hide outside of Kiev so their PR gets damaged in Ukrainian public.

If there's something that Ukraine/NATO tried to ensure, it would be defense and mitigation against decapitating strikes.

Also keep in mind that gray eminence of Ukrainian politics, the hard right wingers such as Right Sector and alikes, would just replace the government and we're beyond NATO backpedaling the support. Therefore bombing Zelensky could yield true Nazis taking power in Ukr backed by NATO money and guns. Maybe a thing to consider about rogue drone attempts is that they're coming from these guys and not from "central" Ukr government, in hopes to push Russia to perform a strategically irrelevant airstrike wasting "civilian" infrastructure of the architecturally rich and Russian heritage important Kiev parts.

flamming_python, Hole, Kiko, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Thu May 04, 2023 3:05 pm

papadragon wrote:Population isn't under Nazi regime, population ARE Nazis

If the population were Nazi then they would have voluntarily joining the battlefield en masses and the Maidan regime would not have resorted to brutal kidnapping to force its population to join the battlefield like they are doing now.

My apologize but I strongly believe that your hypothesis and suggestion do not match the realities of the war.

The Maidan regime's propaganda is telling you that the population are supporting Maidan's criminal war effort and you expect them to tell the truth ?

Do you honestly believe that Nazi thugs and criminals terrorizing their own people are the true representative of Ukrainian sentiment ?

GarryB, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

PapaDragon dislikes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu May 04, 2023 3:28 pm

mr_hd wrote:To Podlodka77

I think you are prime example of internet imbecile without any critical thinking. So because of that unfortunately I can not discuss with you anything serious lol.

Btw I love Russia, Russian culture and Russian people - however I do not approve at all Putin, what he is doing in Ukraine and what he is doing with Russia too. For me he already made irreparable long term damage to Russia - just by staying way too long on power. Russia historically has incredible long list of authoritarian idiots that abused power and stayed way too long on it - that is mean reason why Russia is poor and underdeveloped even if it is the most resource reach land on the planet. And Putin is just one more name on that list, for me last 5-6 years approval for him went down to zero and then on minus territory.

You're talking as if Russia had a choice

Merkel and Hollande, never-mind Poroshenko, have all already stated in no unequivocal terms, that the Minsk agreement was never meant to actually be implemented, and was only signed to buy the Ukraine time. And considering this 'time' was spent by the Ukraine rapidly arming up - then that means the war was inevitable and Russia made the right move by striking first. If the Soviet Union had attacked Nazi Germany first, it would also have been the 'aggressor', but we might have saved a lot of our own people and others too if it meant shortening the inevitable war.

I tend to think Putin has stayed in power too long too, but then again, after a major collapse such as Russia suffered in the 90s, a strong long-term leadership is a necessity, and like GarryB said under Putin Russia has only really gone from strength to strength, and become richer too. So if it ain't broke, don't fix it?

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Walther von Oldenburg, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, famschopman, Hole and like this post

Kiko
    Kiko

Post  Kiko Thu May 04, 2023 3:42 pm

mr_hd wrote:To Podlodka77

I think you are prime example of internet imbecile without any critical thinking. So because of that unfortunately I can not discuss with you anything serious lol.

Just try to avoid personal insults, please! Despite differences of opinion, this is a gentlemen's Forum!

GarryB, GunshipDemocracy and famschopman like this post

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Thu May 04, 2023 4:05 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    I tend to think Putin has stayed in power too long too, but then again, after a major collapse such as Russia suffered in the 90s, a strong long-term leadership is a necessity, and like GarryB said under Putin Russia has only really gone from strength to strength, and become richer too. So if it ain't broke, don't fix it?

I believe Putin would like to bring Odessa, Kiev and Minsk back into Russia, before leaving power. That way he will be remembered for ages.

GarryB, Hole, owais.usmani, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu May 04, 2023 4:09 pm

If the population were Nazi then they would have voluntarily joining the battlefield en masses

Didn’t they do that at the start? Until they were started dying en masse. 

There is very little or no love for Russia in whole Ukraine, because even normie lives were destroyed. Those who can’t flee are even more anti-russian. Most don’t care or do not remember what they did in Donbas so they can’t reflect too.

PapaDragon and The-thing-next-door like this post

Firebird dislikes this post

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Thu May 04, 2023 4:23 pm

Regular wrote:
    There is very little or no love for Russia in whole Ukraine, because even normie lives were destroyed. Those who can’t flee are even more anti-russian. Most don’t care or do not remember what they did in Donbas so they can’t reflect too.

Probably Russia will have to open museums and exhibitions about the crimes of the Ukrainian regime in all of the new regions.

The-thing-next-door, Hole and Belisarius like this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Thu May 04, 2023 4:28 pm

To say there is "very little love in the Ukraine for Russia" is abject nonsense.
    Half of the damned place IS RUssian.

Of course the place has seen a gigantic population exodus, but not everyone has left. |Even pro EU pricks don't subscribe to the vermin that are actually in power.

And I'm sure a fair number of the "Ukrainian speakers" are sick to death of Banderism and being hauled off to death on the battlefield.

Its rather hard to protest in that cesspool when you run the risk of being burnt alive like in Odessa, dragged away and shot (Kharkov 2014 on) or terrorised in some other way (the whole Ukraine since 2014).

Dictatorships might brainwash. But their main modus operandi is terrorisation and terrorism.
    And until they are destroyed, they tend to be very effective, even in intimidating majorities.

Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Hole and Belisarius like this post

PapaDragon dislikes this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu May 04, 2023 4:32 pm

So any news?

https://t.me/intelslava/47399

🇷🇺🇺🇦⚡It became known that a large number of Ukrainian prisoners were taken in Artyomovsk from the 93rd brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. At the moment it is known that they were mobilized and surrendered voluntarily, which saved their lives. Details are being specified.

kvs, GunshipDemocracy, zardof, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu May 04, 2023 4:41 pm

To say there is "very little love in the Ukraine for Russia" is abject nonsense.
    Half of the damned place IS RUssian.

Yes, land is Russian. People in central and western Ukr already too far gone. New generation of Ukrainians even more gone and doesn’t fit anywhere. Raised on lies and russophobia.

flamming_python, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, Rodion_Romanovic, zardof, Lapain, owais.usmani and Broski like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Thu May 04, 2023 4:54 pm

I doubt the love of russia is that important for Russia. They will grab land and population will adapt. Those who don't like them will go away, those who don't care will stay.

You must be dumb to think Russia is doing this war just for the love of russians in Ukraine. They seized the opportunity to bring back some big part of land even if the main motive was countering US ingerence in the country.

Regular, GunshipDemocracy and Lapain like this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Thu May 04, 2023 4:56 pm

The vermin in the West ie Germany, Poland etc have tried moving the borders for centuries. And then it moves back.

Russia doesn't have to get along with the trash in the West of the Ukraine, or Central. It will need a strongman. With the Nazis jailed and their collaborators told "shape up or **** off to Europe". In fact I would have carpet bombed Lvov on day one.

The S and Eastern half is as pro Russia as Moscow. Infact probably a lot more so, given the amount of liberasts that seem to be appearing in Moscow.
    mnztr

Post  mnztr Thu May 04, 2023 5:35 pm

Hole wrote:
    New batch ready

Is the current standard the 100mm + 30 mm auto cannons?
    mnztr

Post  mnztr Thu May 04, 2023 5:40 pm

zorobabel wrote:UK military plane flying near Crimea turned off its transponder.

https://twitter.com/Spriter99880/status/1653793970441408512

Multiple drones spotted over Crimea with air defense systems active. Multiple drones over Moscow.

Seems like defenses are being probed in preparation for the counteroffensive.

I don't really understand why Russia does not say any object approaching Crimea with no transponder could be attacked. Russia has been attacked several times and air defenses are at a high alert level. Objects may be shot down without a challenge.

flamming_python and owais.usmani like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Thu May 04, 2023 6:24 pm

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu May 04, 2023 6:24 pm

The S and Eastern half is as pro Russia as Moscow. Infact probably a lot more so, given the amount of liberasts that seem to be appearing in Moscow.

LOL, we've been hearing this old fable from the start, from the Kremlin's talking heads. Of course it went all away once the obvious became obvious. Namely what everyone who has been following this situation since 2014 has long realized; that there is no Ukraine left to 'liberate'. The Ukraine from before 2014 and the Ukraine as of 2022 are simply different countries. But I see you're still at it Firebird.

What has been obvious to most people on this board over the past few years, and to many Russians too, is that the Ukraine is a nationalist hellhole and everyone reasonable has long left, and everyone still left on the sidelines finally went over to Ukrainian nationalism and radicalized when Russia launched its operation.
    About the anti-Russian hogwash becoming mainstream you could have judged over the last 8 years too. The kinds of views and proposals once confined to Svoboda and other ultra-nationalist parties prior to the Maidan events have in recent years been implemented and supported by all the major political parties there. Yes part of it is due to dictatorial polices, harsh censorship, the Ukrainian secret police, and billions of dollars in US expertise in brainwashing - but much of it isn't. Much of this Russophobia simply appeared organically, the product of a perceived slight - the slight being for Russia to protect the Donbass and the Crimea against the same gang of murderers and thugs that everyone else in the Ukraine accepted w/o a fight and whose Nazi extremists the Ukraine had come to accept as their protectors.
    The same Eastern Ukraine meanwhile, has contributed the most contract and volunteer soldiers to the war against the 'aggressor' in the Donbass over the same time period; particularly from the Dnepropetrovsk region, and enjoyed the pat on their head and their affirmation as 'real Ukrainians' from the centre and west of the country in response.
    Western Ukraine has created a brand for itself as being somehow the historical center of Ukrainian culture, or intellectual activity; whereas in fact the only things this region was ever known for was being a hotbed of Ukrainian nationalism and of Ukrainian Nazism.

No the S and E half is not as pro-Russian as Moscow. There are some reasonable people left in the Kharkov, Zaporozhie & Kherson regions, at least part of them - what helps the situation is that most of the retards have left or volunteered for the Ukrainian army. You can pretty much forget about the rest. Dnepropetrovsk region is a stronghold of Ukrainian nationalist radicals, and Nikolayev and Odessa regions are solidly pro-Kiev too.

Regular, PapaDragon, Lapain and Scorpius like this post

Firebird and Big_Gazza dislike this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:29 pm