Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+69
higurashihougi
AMCXXL
marcellogo
Kiko
ArgentinaGuard
Werewolf
Tolstoy
Stealthflanker
RTN
ahmedfire
Backman
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Broski
Rodion_Romanovic
Godric
Walther von Oldenburg
Firebird
sundoesntrise
Krepost
Karl Haushofer
Hole
d_taddei2
VARGR198
littlerabbit
kvs
Big_Gazza
DerWolf
Rasisuki Nebia
mnztr
franco
mack8
ludovicense
thegopnik
psg
Hinex1988
Scorpius
lyle6
SeigSoloyvov
Arrow
Isos
Sujoy
Erk
lancelot
Belisarius
famschopman
Azi
Podlodka77
nomadski
TMA1
zorobabel
Ispan
PhSt
caveat emptor
ucmvulcan
flamming_python
PapaDragon
SolidarityWithRussia
sepheronx
Airbornewolf
Odin of Ossetia
billybatts91
Dr.Snufflebug
limb
diabetus
ALAMO
GarryB
Arkanghelsk
Regular
JohninMK
73 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #35

Dr.Snufflebug

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #35 - Page 27 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #35

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:19 pm

Won't the AIM-7 have abysmal range when deployed like that? It's meant to be launched at altitude, with significant initial velocity for free.

I mean, compare with the Kub in the middle, there is a reason it's that fat and has ramjet cruise engines.

Or is there some add-on booster fitted to them?

SolidarityWithRussia likes this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #35 - Page 27 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #35

Post  JohninMK Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:32 pm

I thought they are supplying the ship launched SAM RIM-7 Sea Sparrow, not the AAM AIM-7 Sparrow.

The original RIM-7E was capable to fly at about mach 2+, between 30 to 15,000 metres (98 to 49,213 ft), with a range of 15-22 kilometres (8.1-11.9 nmi) (depending on the target height). The RIM-7F enhanced the performances, but also the proximity fuse versus low flying targets, as the minimum altitude was reduced to 15 metres (49 ft) or less.

It is still in service and its effectiveness in a real war will be interesting. Hope for the USN's sake it works well or it could be embarrassing.

Last edited by JohninMK on Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

GarryB and Hole like this post

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:33 pm

BTW what are you guys predictions for 2023?
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:33 pm

So wanna hear something funny? Shogu was on the news saying "Despite the fact the Russian military observed the ceasefire we where attacked"

The same truce Ukraine openly say "No" to...

Let that sink in

Karl Haushofer and owais.usmani like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:34 pm

Clownshow

owais.usmani and Rasisuki Nebia like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:44 pm

Just a reminder that the German military, plus probably a few others in Europe, are not what they used to be.

"What do you mean? Being in the army means I have to fight? I only signed up to play around on the training grounds not to get shot at. So no way, I'm out of here"

AZ 🛰🌏🌍🌎
    @AZgeopolitics
    ·
    5h
    Since the outbreak of hostilities in Ukraine, 951 Bundeswehr servicemen have filed reports for dismissal from the ranks of the armed forces due to unwillingness to participate in hostilities.

According to the head of the German Peace Society, Michael Schulze, many of the current Bundeswehr servicemen were deceived by the advertising campaigns of the armed forces, which have nothing to do with reality.

In turn, the German Ministry of Defense should increase the number of armed Forces by 18,000 people by 2031. Whether this will be fulfilled is a big question.

GarryB likes this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:46 pm

All this talk about Orthodox Christmas truce in order to score points with Global South is BS. Global South is on Russian side, because they are against US and rest of the Western world. And sides were already picked in February.
    Reaction of nationalist Russian circles, which are also most religious, says it all and they are completely against it. I don't see the point in this.

flamming_python and Broski like this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:53 pm

If I was Russian I'd want a quick end to all this and cruel blows to Ulraine would not upset me that much at this point. I think Russia needs to bust some heads. Those "allies supposedly supporting them need to be more open in this. Russia cannot be alone

The coups and color revolutions and agreements that were all lies by neocons, neolibs and centrists have been what proved to anyone with a brain that Russia is in the right.

Regular, Hole and owais.usmani like this post

ludovicense
    ludovicense

Post  ludovicense Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:03 pm

އެވ Sprinter20 އެވ
    @Sprinter20000
    I feel sorry for the ordinary Ukrainian soldiers, who die in vain in Soledar and Bakhmut, who fall into Russian hands. I watched several private videos, they really die like rain and in large numbers, the Russians just go through cheese. It's over for Soledar

An undignified death.... drowned in the trenches.

Karl Haushofer and littlerabbit like this post

Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:15 pm

If I was Russian I'd want a quick end to all this and cruel blows to Ulraine would not upset me that much at this point.
    A fast war gets many Russian soldiers killed, saves the EU's economy and opens up the Ukraine to a massive Slav-ISIS insurgency that would plague Russia for years to come. Russia needs to slowly and methodically annihilate the ukronazis, mercenaries, NATO's weapon stockpiles and the European economies before assimilating 2/3rd's of the country into Russia and leaving the other 1/3rd as a demilitarized, denazified wasteland full of Galician goatfuckers.
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #35 - Page 27 E2bMwEB
    I feel sorry for the ordinary Ukrainian soldiers, who die in vain in Soledar and Bakhmut, who fall into Russian hands.
    I feel as much sympathy for the Ukrainian soldiers dying for Zelensky and the Liberal World Order as I do for the Wehrmacht soldiers dying for Hitler and the 1000 year Reich.

GarryB, franco, Firebird, d_taddei2, par far, Big_Gazza, kvs and like this post

ludovicense
    ludovicense

Post  ludovicense Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:28 pm

I feel as much sympathy for the Ukrainian soldiers dying for Zelensky and the Liberal World Order as I do for the Wehrmacht soldiers dying for Hitler and the 1000 year Reich.

I've seen some videos with elderly Ukrainian "soldiers" looking more like a beggar than a fighter.
    These people don't want to fight for Zelensky: they have to, otherwise they will be shot... I feel sorry for these people too... unlike an Azov for example.
    Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:41 pm

It's been below -5C now for several hours in the most active warzone, gonna dip to -10C tonight, and continue to fall over the weekend.

What's the ground pressure of a T-90M?

GarryB, littlerabbit and Belisarius like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:43 pm

Since I know that you are mostly Christians here and tomorrow is Christmas (for us Serbs and Russians), I just want to greet you all.
    Let the pussies cry and wail, the result will be clear at the end - a Russian victory..
    Поздравление из Сербии россиянам - с Рождеством Христовым !

flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, littlerabbit, Eugenio Argentina and Belisarius like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:58 pm

Wagner posted videos from central Soledar, shot in daylight, so presumably from this morning/noon.

GarryB, littlerabbit, Belisarius and Arsenic like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:07 pm

... and multiple calls that we shouldn't celebrate too early.
    Just wait and be impressed, rather than follow and be disappointed...

GarryB, flamming_python, d_taddei2, par far, JohninMK, littlerabbit, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:11 pm

Yeah they reached the salt mine

Crazy this is wagner doing it

If and when the offensive gets going, I wonder if it would be the general donbass area

I think it would make more sense than attacking Kiev or Chernigov

A big offensive to take Charlie Line, and set up the lines near Slavyansk, Kramatorsk, Konstantinovka agglomeration

It's crazy to me how big this urban agglomeration is

I don't think there is anything like it as far as urban warfare goes

This is literally an agglomeration which is half the size of Donbass Raion

Realistically it would take 200,300 thousand troops to storm this area and cleanse it alone
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:37 pm

The all important salt mines...  cheers
    Now Putin can continue to season his breakfast eggs.  lol1

Twitter comment:
    If they would have agreed to the ceasefire they would still be in Soledar today.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #35 - Page 27 Flzy1z10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #35 - Page 27 Flzy2i10
    Magomed Tushaev. Was killed at least 20 times, according to Kiev. Propably brought back with NK
    technology.  lol1

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #35 - Page 27 Flzmft10
    I mean...
    What can you say...
    confused pwnd cry geek Embarassed

GarryB, franco, flamming_python, Werewolf, kvs, littlerabbit, Broski and SolidarityWithRussia like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:44 pm

https://t.me/tankist4/669?single

GarryB, littlerabbit and Hole like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:53 pm

Newest US package:
    https://t.me/milinfolive/95201
    ❗The Pentagon has released the full list of the next US military aid for $2.85 billion:

- 50 M2 Bradley infantry fighting vehicles with 500 anti-tank
    TOW missiles and 250,000 25mm rounds;
    - 100 M113 armored personnel carriers;
    - 55 armored vehicles of the MRAP class;
    - 138 HMMWV armored vehicles:
    - 18 155-mm self-propelled howitzers and 18 transport
    ammo vehicles;
    - 70,000 155-mm artillery shells;
    - 500 155-mm M982 Excalibur high-precision projectiles;
    - 1200 155-mm artillery shells for remote anti-tank mining (RAAM);
    - 36 105mm towed howitzers and 95,000 105mm
    artillery shells for them;
    - 10,000 120-mm mortar mines;
    — ammunition for HIMARS;
    — anti-aircraft missiles RIM-7;
    - 4,000 Zuni aircraft missiles;
    - about 2,000 anti-tank missiles;
    - sniper rifles, machine guns and ammunition, Claymore mines, night vision devices, optical instruments and spare parts.

@milinfolive

franco, d_taddei2, JohninMK and littlerabbit like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:19 pm

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:38 pm

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:40 pm

Jihad Julian is on doom mode again ...

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #35 - Page 27 Photo_94

... yet I can't remember when he was not lately ...
    Laughing

GarryB, franco, kvs, zardof, littlerabbit, Hole, Broski and SolidarityWithRussia like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:44 pm

27th Guards Red Banner Brigade, de-Krakenised AFU elite force "Kraken"

Battles for Novoselovskoye.Svatove direction. The village is located on the Svatovo-Kupyansk highway. Control over the settlement largely determines who owns the initiative to the northwest of Svatove

https://twitter.com/AZgeopolitics/status/1611337837298737153?cxt=HHwWgoCz1bnOz9wsAAAA

NOTE: wonder who the 27th Brigade belongs to? the 1st Tank Army!... but but but the Ukies said that they were wiped out affraid cyborgs not doubt pale

russia attack

GarryB, kvs, Hole and lancelot like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:46 pm

That twitter guy Julian is pro ukrainian but at least he knows when to recognize defeat. Compare to the rest of the ukro flag in name group of people on twitter he is a reliable source of informations.

GarryB, franco and SolidarityWithRussia like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:50 pm

https://twitter.com/AZgeopolitics/status/1611315527808389121

Wagner , LPR, and Akhmat Forces breakthrough in the sector of Soledar, Artemovsk, Krasna Hora

▫Artemovsk

Wagner Forces supported by the 1st Army Corps of the Russian Federation's Lugansk Oblast engaged in offensive operations in the Artemovksk direction

The Wagner Assaultmen were able to advance and level the frontline with the aid of the 1st Army Corps of the RUaf Artillery, Wagnerite Artillery, Russian National Guards (Grozny Akhmat), and artillery of the 10th Guards Motor Rifle Division.

NOTE: not sure who the 10th Guards Motor Rifle Division is ?? Perhaps a typo and they mean the 20th Guards Motor Rifle Division russia

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, littlerabbit, Hole, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 3:44 pm