Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+75
Regular
calripson
BliTTzZ
zepia
Lapain
sundoesntrise
Werewolf
bandit6
Arrow
diabetus
0nillie0
LMFS
Scorpius
Stealthflanker
11E
par far
Godric
owais.usmani
Serberus
zorobabel
higurashihougi
kvs
lyle6
Erk
mr_hd
famschopman
andalusia
d_taddei2
Broski
Azi
ludovicense
SolidarityWithRussia
crod
Kiko
AlfaT8
Tolstoy
TMA1
auslander
Firebird
Rodion_Romanovic
SeigSoloyvov
lancelot
Walther von Oldenburg
Arkanghelsk
Sujoy
nomadski
The-thing-next-door
Ispan
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
PhSt
GarryB
ALAMO
sepheronx
VARGR198
limb
Big_Gazza
GunshipDemocracy
DerWolf
franco
mnztr
Isos
caveat emptor
PapaDragon
thegopnik
flamming_python
billybatts91
Backman
ucmvulcan
Hole
Dr.Snufflebug
Airbornewolf
Belisarius
Mir
JohninMK
Podlodka77
79 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #31

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #31 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #31

Post  ucmvulcan Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:37 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:

Say F'ing what???
    Iran literally bombed the goddamn U.S airbase without hesitation, you think the Iranians had enough control of their missiles for sergical strike operation??
    Are you nuts?!

The only reason those U.S soldiers and aircraft manage to escape getting blown to smithereens , is because Iran getting its satellite data from compromised sources giving them ample warning to hide get to the bunkers.

And what did America do after that, invade?.. no they pulled back and threw more of their silly sanctions.

All bark and no bite, that was Iran, WTF do you think they will do against Russia???
    The don't even have sanctions anymore, its just platitudes now and obvious bluffs.

The missiles were extremely precise, those are the ones Russia is getting from Iran as they ran out of cruise missiles and ballistic missiles- and Geran is good but still they need rapid response capabilities and the black sea fleet has been a disaster so far  

The strikes on Ain Al Assad base, but no Yankees killed

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #31 - Page 9 Ain_al10

Can't quite determine if you're serious or if this is sarcasm. . . .
    crod
    crod

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #31 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #31

Post  crod Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:06 am

Every time I see these anti drone guns I keep thinking of latest nerf gun to be launched just in time for Xmas. Crazy things. Anyway it looks like both sides are using them.

Servicemen from the Dnepro TDF Brigade posing in front of an intact Russian UAV they force-landed with their anti-drone rifles. https://t.me/CyberspecNews/11903
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:24 am

ucmvulcan wrote:

I'm being serious, when Russia bought the drones from Iran, it was denied, by many including myself

In the end it turned out that US intelligence was correct and that Russia got these drones and the ability to produce them from Iran

Now it's known that these missiles are being bought as well,

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #31 - Page 9 Img_2220

Why would Russia need these missiles? Considering Iskander and Kalibr its obvious they either a) ran out , or b) cannot use these liberally anymore because their stocks are low

Moreover they could be more effective than Kalibr or Iskander for tasks like destroying electrical infrastructure

Geran 2 did what missiles could not in a very short period of time , Ukraine was de-electrified in what? 2 months?

Kalibr couldnt do that since war began

owais.usmani likes this post

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:32 am

Sprinter Monitor
    @SprinterMonitor
    Bloomberg, AP, CNN and WSJ are now all reporting the news of an imminent attack by Iran on Saudi Arabia

Sprinter Monitor
    @SprinterMonitor
    According to US officials, USAF F-22 fighter jets in Saudi Arabia are available to counter any threat from Iran - CNN

As if Iran would do that ... ridiculous

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, lancelot and Broski like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:31 am

ucmvulcan wrote:

He is very, very retarded. Probably used as a basketball as a child.

He isn't even correct on the drone theory either.

Russia has been throwing missiles of various Russian origin type for month already.  And still keeps doing it.  Honestly, they were correct when both American and Russian sources and Intel were saying they can produce dozens a day.

Arch is just beyond stupid. He doesn't understand basics of economics or how manufacturing works. He thinks Iran can out produce Russia in missiles when Iran neither produces controllers and microchips nor the optronic systems that Russia actually produces.  Russia can mass produce 180nm - 90nm chips while Iran may at best produce what Belarus does at 240nm amd not en mass.  Optronics is made within  Russia of various types and newest microbolometers.

He doesn't know what any of that means though.  How they are us used for targeting, data transmission, etc etc. But he sure is quick to state US intel is correct, when same intel said Russian economy was collapsing and they were buying weapons from NK and China.

I'm honestly astounded how someone can be so wrong so many times on all levels, and still come back here and post and not feel neither embarrassed or ashamed.  Maybe that kind of ignorance is indeed a bliss.

I think that such ignorance us important though. Arch is a typical American, under educated and unqualified but quick to give an opinion.  These same Americans have caused so much problems in the world but also got so much wrong.  Their past glories were upheld by peopleuch smarter than then but those are dying off and all we got left are what we are seeing posting  a lot here.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:09 am

Y'all can jawbone all y'all want, I'm sitting here in a lovely little village and listening to lots of goodies heading north.....as usual. Every day.

GarryB, franco, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:34 am

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E wrote:Sprinter Monitor
    @SprinterMonitor
    Bloomberg, AP, CNN and WSJ are now all reporting the news of an imminent attack by Iran on Saudi Arabia

Sprinter Monitor
    @SprinterMonitor
    According to US officials, USAF F-22 fighter jets in Saudi Arabia are available to counter any threat from Iran - CNN

As if Iran would do that ... ridiculous

How convenient that Iran is attacking Saudi Arabia, the country that has declared its desire to join BRICS and refused the US's will by committing to oil production cuts just recently.

And not even a week after the US has threatened military action against it over.. not subscribing to the nuclear deal? (in fact it was Israel and the US that put the brakes on the negotiations)

Smells like some sort of blackmail operation

crod, GarryB, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, Sprut-B, Hole, lancelot and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:52 am

Interesting news if true

Predictable sadly
    The Anglo regime there really does not concern itself too much with the future of its own people

GarryB, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

crod
    crod

Post  crod Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:14 am

flamming_python wrote:
    How convenient that Iran is attacking Saudi Arabia, the country that has declared its desire to join BRICS and refused the US's will by committing to oil production cuts just recently.

And not even a week after the US has threatened military action against it over.. not subscribing to the nuclear deal? (in fact it was Israel and the US that put the brakes on the negotiations)

Smells like some sort of blackmail operation

…and with mad dog Netanyahu looking like he’s a foot back in the PMs office, things will potentially escalate rather quickly.

AlfaT8 dislikes this post

andalusia

Post  andalusia Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:21 am

Have you guys heard of this evil plan to preemptive strike Russia in December 2021 by French led naval exercise:

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:33 am

About Russia avoiding targets with Yanks in them , then comparisons with other wars , such as Syria or Vietnam etc , is not entirely correct . In Ukraine , the American weapons and PMC , is killing Russians . Therefore I have no doubt that Russia has to protect it's population by any means necessary . A Persian proverb ; Anytime you catch the Fish , it is fresh ! This means interdiction can be just as useful , along the supply route , prior to deployment in hot zone . This depends on the convenience factor , availability and cost and range of such weapons . The purchase of 300 - 700 km range BM , is to build stocks for offensive . Regarding Road conditions and warm summer and Mud , then offensive can begin with tracked vehicles , and later with wheeled vehicles . Hovercraft from Iran , on lease , can transport infantry over Mud .

Edit :
    Iran military best avoid starting war right now , and giving opportunity for yanks to do a humanitarian bombing run , at a time of internal turmoil . In fact extremist action by right-wing dominated state / security apparatus , could be just what is needed , to bring about such opportunity for regime change and bring the Shah back to power ! I heard he is in the vicinity !
    andalusia

Post  andalusia Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:04 am

Rand corporation on how to destroy Russia:

https://www.globalresearch.ca/rand-corp-how-destroy-russia/5678456

https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_briefs/RB10014.html
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:18 am

nomadski wrote:About Russia avoiding targets with Yanks in them , then comparisons with other wars , such as Syria or Vietnam etc , is not entirely correct . In Ukraine , the American weapons and PMC , is killing Russians . Therefore I have no doubt that Russia has to protect it's population by any means necessary .

Maybe for some reason, you have missed the small fact that Russkie are targeting mercs with deep devotion.
    Every single strike carried against training bases and locations is being widely commented and used in propaganda.
    Any single case recognized by the name is being widely publicized, with pictures and details if possible.

GarryB, JohninMK, nomadski, Hole and Broski like this post

Tolstoy
    Tolstoy

Post  Tolstoy Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:20 am

Firebird wrote:
    Can anyone work THAT out?

I can't. Its going to force people to give up on the forum.
    The vermin win. And decent people leave.
    Not right.
    Have you even tried to reach out to the mods and ask them to ban scumbags like Sujoy?

Until we report these corrupt, racist scums like Sujoy they will continue with their evil deeds. Mass report him, get him BANNED permanently.
    billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:58 am

Putin and Co. are making so many mistakes smh...

mnztr

Post  mnztr Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:07 am

AlfaT8 wrote:Another day of waiting for Russia to launch the goddamn offensive.
    I would like to be more optimistic, but the Kremlin's indecisiveness has me waiting for months now.
    To the point where i am starting to wonder if we need to wait until Medvedev gets re-elected, before we see any real action from the Kremlin.

Hope i am wrong.

It would be utterly stupid to launch the offensive now. Ukrainian logistics have only been seriously attacked for days, takes time for them to run out of diesel, ammo and food. Once they are starving and switch all their guns to semi auto, you know they are short. Then the time is close. Also the place is all mud now, you cannot maneuver easily and move fast. Artillery is dampened by mud. In 2-4 weeks it will be much better. But I do expect some big moves before the US election to show Biden is losing the war. So there will be a show of force for sure. Maybe on Nov 6th or 7th.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Broski and billybatts91 like this post

famschopman

Post  famschopman Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:52 am

billybatts91 wrote:Putin and Co. are making so many mistakes smh...

Turkey cannot be trusted since they occupied Syrian northern territory, harvested Syrian oil and thwarted Russia's actions to restore order in the country. They are snakes and backstabbers. At least with the Chinese you know upfront that they act in their own interests and move with opportunism.

billybatts91 likes this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:59 am

famschopman wrote:
    billybatts91 wrote:Putin and Co. are making so many mistakes smh...

Turkey cannot be trusted since they occupied Syrian northern territory, harvested Syrian oil and thwarted Russia's actions to restore order in the country. They are snakes and backstabbers. At least with the Chinese you know upfront that they act in their own interests and move with opportunism.

Agreed. Don't know why Russia was getting all chummy with the Turks as of late. They cannot be trusted at all. After Syria/the 2015 Russian Sukhoi Su-24 shootdown/approving of Sweden and Finland into NATO, I thought this was clear?
    billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:01 am

mnztr wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:Another day of waiting for Russia to launch the goddamn offensive.
    I would like to be more optimistic, but the Kremlin's indecisiveness has me waiting for months now.
    To the point where i am starting to wonder if we need to wait until Medvedev gets re-elected, before we see any real action from the Kremlin.

Hope i am wrong.

It would be utterly stupid to launch the offensive now. Ukrainian logistics have only been seriously attacked for  days, takes time for them to run out of diesel, ammo and food. Once they are starving and switch all their guns to semi auto, you know they are short. Then the time is close. Also the place is all mud now, you cannot maneuver easily and move fast. Artillery is dampened by mud. In 2-4 weeks it will be much better. But I do expect some big moves before the US election to show Biden is losing the war. So there will be a show of force for sure. Maybe on Nov 6th or 7th.  

Yup, time is not right yet. Probably a huge offensive should come by middle or late November one would imagine. At least I'm hoping for that.

GarryB and JohninMK like this post

lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:03 am

AlfaT8 wrote:The only reason those U.S soldiers and aircraft manage to escape getting blown to smithereens , is because Iran getting its satellite data from compromised sources giving them ample warning to hide get to the bunkers.
    Not really. The only reason those US soldiers had time to go into the bunkers was because Iran gave a prior notice to the Iraqi government they were going to bombard a US base on Iraqi soil. And the Iraqi government notified the US of the bombardment. It had nothing to do with satellites or whatever. You seem to think only the West has satellites. The Chinese and Russians also have them and I doubt they notify the West of who bought imagery data.

Arkanghelsk wrote:Now it's known that these missiles are being bought as well,
    Why would Russia need these missiles? Considering Iskander and Kalibr its obvious they either a) ran out , or b) cannot use these liberally anymore because their stocks are low
    Because Russia has no 700 km range missiles? Which means they cannot use Iskander to hit the entirety of Ukrainian territory unless they launch from Belarus? Did you ever consider that? Iskander does not have more range because of treaty limitations. But the US withdrew unilaterally from that treaty so the whole thing is fair game now.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

owais.usmani

Post  owais.usmani Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:04 am

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK and Broski like this post

mr_hd

Post  mr_hd Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:38 am

There was news that Veretye military airfield in the Pskov region was under saboteur's attack and that few Ka-52 are damaged there.

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:57 am

lancelot wrote:

Arkanghelsk wrote:Now it's known that these missiles are being bought as well,
    Because Russia has no 700 km range missiles? Which means they cannot use Iskander to hit the entirety of Ukrainian territory unless they launch from Belarus? Did you ever consider that? Iskander does not have more range because of treaty limitations. But the US withdrew unilaterally from that treaty so the whole thing is fair game now.
     Well it is not fully clear if the iskander range is only 500 km.

I know about the former intermediate missile treaty, but I thought that the iskander was purposely limited below its actual capabilities to be allowed under that treaty.

Anyway it is not a bad thing to have other options, even if slower,  especially if they are cheaper than the iskander.
    Probably the fateh 110 can be used as a more precise and longer range tochka (NATO naming scarab), which is not anymore used by the Russian army. I know that the tochka has been replaced by iskander as well, but when you're trowing missiles like candies maybe it is not a bad thing to have some lower cost alternative and a way to continue launching missiles at a high rate.

And the Zulficar can be a cheaper iskander.

For Iran is also a good opportunity to test the missiles in a new environment.

Who knows, maybe after the war those missiles will be also produced by a new factory in a Russian Ekaterinoslav  (original name of Dnepropetrovsk).

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza and Hole like this post

crod
    crod

Post  crod Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:03 am

mr_hd wrote:There was news that Veretye military airfield in the Pskov region was under saboteur's attack and that few Ka-52 are damaged there.

2 were damaged. The posts about this are a few pages back. 👍
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:24 am

Rodion_Romanovic wrote:
     Well it is not fully clear if the iskander range is only 500 km.

Only cruise version of it brought some doubts re: range, but that was because of the size that suggested at least the Kalibr range optional.
    Ballistic one was never questioned, which is actually stupid as that one can be easily adopted for longer range only by lighter warheads.
    Still it is an expensive, sophisticated and technically advanced missile that is an obvious overkill for multiple targets. You don't need a terminal homing head ballistic missile designed for pinpointing valuable targets covered by the THAAD umbrella to kill a SBU building in lets say Poltava.
    Inexpensive, smaller ranged yet reasonable accurate substitute would be a highly valuated add to the arsenal.
    With Iranian missiles they will complete the whole tier of different ranges with adequate means.

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, Rodion_Romanovic, Hole and Broski like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:29 pm