Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+64
Karl Haushofer
par far
calripson
bandit6
Mir
limb
Azi
Isos
LMFS
Big_Gazza
TMA1
ALAMO
nomadski
lyle6
Erk
kvs
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
mnztr
caveat emptor
dionis
0nillie0
mr_hd
rfan
Arsenic
zorobabel
ludovicense
Dr.Snufflebug
billybatts91
Rodion_Romanovic
OminousSpudd
Ispan
Singular_Transform
psg
Werewolf
crod
Firebird
Scorpius
PapaDragon
PhSt
flamming_python
Odin of Ossetia
Regular
JohninMK
ATLASCUB
lancelot
walle83
Airbornewolf
Stealthflanker
ucmvulcan
VARGR198
ArgentinaGuard
SeigSoloyvov
Podlodka77
Arrow
Belisarius
andalusia
Broski
Arkanghelsk
sepheronx
GarryB
thegopnik
franco
Backman
Hole
68 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 26 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23

Post  caveat emptor Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:56 pm

And from MOD still crickets.
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 26 Img_2049
    ALAMO

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 26 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23

Post  ALAMO Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:57 pm

caveat emptor wrote:
    I agree. I've seen numbers quoted btw 17-20k. Btw, many batallions are not full strength batallions. They are mostly 250-400 troops, so maybe that is where confusion comes from.

Those sent from Chechenya were about 500 ppl, I counted them roughly Laughing
    It is a proper battalion size, the numbers can vary from 300 to even 800 people.
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:59 pm

ALAMO wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:
    I agree. I've seen numbers quoted btw 17-20k. Btw, many batallions are not full strength batallions. They are mostly 250-400 troops, so maybe that is where confusion comes from.

Those sent from Chechenya were about 500 ppl, I counted them roughly Laughing
    It is a proper battalion size, the numbers can vary from 300 to even 800 people.
    I've seen numbers for Tatar battalions and ones from Bashkiria.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:02 pm

Isos wrote:Biggest looser of the war is the su-34. Junk aircraft. Su-35 was successful when used but can't be used for close support. Su-25/ka-52/mi-28 used as MLRS system.

Care to tell me why its junk?

Do you have statistics on the amount of sorties it has performed, successful strikes vs failed ones, etc...?

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ, Hole and Broski like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:12 pm

Isos wrote:Biggest looser of the war is the su-34. Junk aircraft. Su-35 was successful when used but can't be used for close support. Su-25/ka-52/mi-28 used as MLRS system.

Why junk? It didn’t do anything particularly bad.

Su-25 - very limited usage seen. And yes, they can be used as MLRS due to angle of attack it should be much mote accurate than helicopters shooting unguided rockets.

Usage of airforce is very limited in almost all fronts, but the losses are very small too.

Big_Gazza likes this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:12 pm

There's fights in vicinity of Lyman. It has to be held at any cost.
    billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:12 pm

If Russia really allows Ukraine to win this war, Putin, Shoigu and all of the current leadership needs to resign and be exiled. They can't be this dumb and pathetic to allow a NATO victory of this magnitude right on their damn border!

Azi likes this post

Big_Gazza and BliTTzZ dislike this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:14 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Even on telegram they're now muzzling you for saying executions are happening in Balakliya

They disable comments when it doesn't suit the narrative

I told you already, if you have issues with this then hit the streets

Sitting on your phone and whining online will get you nowhere

sepheronx, GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, ALAMO, BliTTzZ and Broski like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:17 pm

Regular wrote:
    Why junk? It didn’t do anything particularly bad.
    Su-25 - very limited usage seen. And yes, they can be used as MLRS due to angle of attack it should be much mote accurate than helicopters shooting unguided rockets.

Usage of airforce is very limited in almost all fronts, but the losses are very small too.

Russkie are spending of all the junk they have left in storage.
    We can find it strange, but on the other hand ... they would have to pay for disposing of them anyway.
    Why not in fireworks, above the hohol heads? Laughing
    And there is not a point in discussing Isos idee fixes, he has some as any of us Laughing
    This time it is not a 406mm cannon on a riverboat, but Su-34 being useless. Let him go Laughing

PapaDragon wrote:
    I told you already, if you have issues with this then hit the streets
    Sitting on your phone and whining online will get you nowhere

It will!
    To a madhouse directly.

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole and Broski like this post

Azi

Post  Azi Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:20 pm

There is a official statement from Russian MoD!

No panic it's all according to plan, a regrouping ist taking place for the offensive in Donbass direction. So only a regrouping.

Copium level 100! Suspect cry pwnd Complete ignoring the reality and also all informations for big reinforcements were bullshit, the reinforcements are there to protect the retreat of russian forces.

---

Evacuation of Veliky Burluk and Voltschansk is taking place, also ukrainian attacks in this direction. It looks like Russia will abandon the WHOLE Kharkov region. O.o

thegopnik likes this post

Big_Gazza dislikes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:22 pm

Second time already?
    Gee! Now I am impressed!

sepheronx likes this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:26 pm

This retreat from Kharkov is reminding me of the retreat from Kiev a few months back. I don't understand the point of this SMO anymore. Is the point for Russia to embarrass itself and look weak on the world stage? Are they even truly trying to win this war anymore? WTF is going on?

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:30 pm

billybatts91 wrote:This retreat from Kharkov is reminding me of the retreat from Kiev a few months back. I don't understand the point of this SMO anymore. Is the point for Russia to embarrass itself and look weak on the world stage? Are they even truly trying to win this war anymore? WTF is going on?

You contradicted yourself in one post

SMO doesn't mean it's a war. Russia has refrained from declaring war.

The purpose of this conflict has been at first complete liberation of Lughansk and Donetsk. First part is completed. DNR liberation was next. Kherson will be third. After that it would be assumed Kharkov and the like. But that's assuming.

Russia left Kharkov before.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole and Broski like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:33 pm

billybatts91 wrote:If Russia really allows Ukraine to win this war, Putin, Shoigu and all of the current leadership needs to resign and be exiled. They can't be this dumb and pathetic to allow a NATO victory of this magnitude right on their damn border!

That dude is hillarious

Tell him to sit back, sit tight and pop a chill pill
    Take one yourself too tongue

As for the Ukros, let them keep 'winning' and draw those juicy heavier units and reserves in, if they're still holding anyone back. If they want to declare the Belgorod Ukrainian republic, awesome.

Last edited by flamming_python on Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, Hole and Broski like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:33 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    billybatts91 wrote:This retreat from Kharkov is reminding me of the retreat from Kiev a few months back. I don't understand the point of this SMO anymore. Is the point for Russia to embarrass itself and look weak on the world stage? Are they even truly trying to win this war anymore? WTF is going on?

The purpose of this conflict has been at first complete liberation of Lughansk and Donetsk.  First part is completed. DNR liberation was next.  Kherson will be third.  After that it would be assumed Kharkov and the like.  But that's assuming.

lol, pure copium. Luhansk and Donetsk are under threat of being lost as well.

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:36 pm

billybatts91 wrote:

Give it a rest man, nothing else to be said about it -

It is what it is - at this point you must draw your own conclusions - no point arguing to convince those who cannot use their own eyes
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:36 pm

billybatts91 wrote:

lol1

Yes the invincible cyborgs will take it any day, and then they'll come for you!!

Go join your friend Arkhangelsk and take a step back from events if emotions have started to rule you

GarryB, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, Hole and Broski like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:36 pm

billybatts91 wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:

The purpose of this conflict has been at first complete liberation of Lughansk and Donetsk.  First part is completed. DNR liberation was next.  Kherson will be third.  After that it would be assumed Kharkov and the like.  But that's assuming.

Last I checked, they weren't.

Where in donetsk and lughansk have they taken and advancing through?

Last edited by sepheronx on Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole and Broski like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:37 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    billybatts91 wrote:If Russia really allows Ukraine to win this war, Putin, Shoigu and all of the current leadership needs to resign and be exiled. They can't be this dumb and pathetic to allow a NATO victory of this magnitude right on their damn border!

That dude is hillarious

Tell him to sit back, sit tight and pop a chill pill
    Take one yourself too tongue

So what's gonna happen next? Why should we be calm? Things are looking very disastrous at the moment. What can Russia do realistically to turn the tide at the moment? There's a lot of cope going around...pretending like everything will magically turn out all right in the end. BS fantasies.

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:37 pm

🇷🇺🇺🇦⚡The military-civilian administration of the Volchansky district reports that the RF Armed Forces are leaving Volchansk.

Earlier it became known that the Armed Forces of Ukraine crossed the Seversky Donets near the village of Khotomlya and began to advance in the direction of Volchansk. The city is located just a few kilometers from the Russian-Ukrainian border.

----

Out of Kharkov
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:38 pm

The full statement of the Russian Defense Ministry on the situation in the Kharkov region:
    In order to achieve the objectives of the SMO, it was decided to regroup troops in the areas of Balakleya and Izyum to increase efforts in the Donetsk direction.
    Over the last 3 days, an operation was carried out to curtail and transfer the Izyum-Balakleya group of troops to the territory of the DPR.
    In order to prevent damage to the troops of the Russian Federation, a powerful artillery barrage was inflicted on the enemy including with the use of aviation.
    The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation destroyed more than 2.000 Ukrainian and foreign fighters, as well as over 100 armored vehicles and artillery units in three days.

Geroman
    Forwarded from
    Eurasia & Multipolarity

GarryB, Big_Gazza and kvs like this post

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:38 pm

Since the start of the NATzO Kherson incursion, I took a break from reading any new updates on the front, I was hoping for a new Russian breakthrough in the war when I come back, but to my surprise, the opposite has happened. Just what the *** is the russian MOD thinking?

Where is the FOABs? Start Bombing all critical infrastructures in Pukraine already! Bomb all powerplants, water stations, make the entire Pukranian nation suffer from starvation! This is a War of Extermination and the Russian MOD needs to understand that! Rolling Eyes

flamming_python dislikes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:40 pm

It's at this point in the movie where one of the characters will point out that "this looks too easy" before his head is caved in by a Predator plasma bolt

Yet it doesn't register with you fellas.

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, Hole and Broski like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:41 pm

I see this forum has turned into a shitstorm with armchair generals and couch commandos have decided what needs to be done.

I suppose Garry can lock this thread now since Ukraine apparently won the war. I guess it's over now.

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, Hole and like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:42 pm

PhSt wrote:Since the start of the NATzO Kherson incursion, I took a break from reading any new updates on the front, I was hoping for a new Russian breakthrough in the war when I come back, but to my surprise, the opposite has happened. Just what the *** is the russian MOD thinking?

Where is the FOABs? Start Bombing all critical infrastructures in Pukraine already! Bomb all powerplants, water stations, make the entire Pukranian nation suffer from starvation! This is a War of Extermination and the Russian MOD needs to understand that! Rolling Eyes

Putin is an overrated leader and the army is not what we thought it was. They're scared that if they go all out they'll be labeled "war criminals". Pathetic leadership from top to bottom. I feel sorry for the poor soldiers who have died and been wounded for this crummy midget named Putin and that doofus Shoigu.

Firebird, Big_Gazza and Podlodka77 dislike this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:43 pm