Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+64
Karl Haushofer
par far
calripson
bandit6
Mir
limb
Azi
Isos
LMFS
Big_Gazza
TMA1
ALAMO
nomadski
lyle6
Erk
kvs
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
mnztr
caveat emptor
dionis
0nillie0
mr_hd
rfan
Arsenic
zorobabel
ludovicense
Dr.Snufflebug
billybatts91
Rodion_Romanovic
OminousSpudd
Ispan
Singular_Transform
psg
Werewolf
crod
Firebird
Scorpius
PapaDragon
PhSt
flamming_python
Odin of Ossetia
Regular
JohninMK
ATLASCUB
lancelot
walle83
Airbornewolf
Stealthflanker
ucmvulcan
VARGR198
ArgentinaGuard
SeigSoloyvov
Podlodka77
Arrow
Belisarius
andalusia
Broski
Arkanghelsk
sepheronx
GarryB
thegopnik
franco
Backman
Hole
68 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 33 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23

Post  flamming_python Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:42 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Backman wrote:Russian Head telegram

All this doomposting and spreading panic -is it a concerted effort of the enemy? Sure seems like it. Ok, Russia retreated. So what? As long as their losses are minimal compared to Ukraine's. Then the counter attack will happen. The offensive will exhaust, and the nationalist grouping will be destroyed. So you suddenly think the Russian Armed Forces became incompetent after 6 months of success? Calm the **** down ...

This logic is funny, it doesn't matter how much success you have, all it takes is a few major fucks up to make major costs occur.

The fanboys are down playing the loss of Izyum (which was strategic and tactical import to the entire Donbas operation), its sad honestly rather than accept a massive failure was made one that could have been AVOIDED by deploying the correct number of troops and treating this like a REAL dam war.

Believe I said time and time again, Russia didn't have enough manpower in the field and this OCCURED exactly because of that.

That's the difference tho between people who actually fought battles and armchair experts, we know better than the ladder thinks they do.

Oh well spin it all you wish, make up all the excuses you wish doesn't change the fact the Russian brass failed here and miserably.

Yes its war and mistake happen but this is one mistake that shouldn't have happened with modern day tech

It's actually very simple

In Kherson advancing Ukrainian units got pulverized

Here the Russians basically just withdrew with some light skirmishes, and harassment of the enemy as it was advancing. With there never being a serious Russian force there in the first place.
    Ergo it's not a mistake it's intentional.

sepheronx, GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 33 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:51 pm

Tell yourself what you want. Its just excuses, accept the reality, Russia fucked up and their policy bit them in the ass

It was intentional because they knew the token forces they had defending those areas BECAUSE they could not spare more men and MORE MEN where NEEDED to defend those areas properly (which IDK, I stated over a dozen times), would have gotten killed if they stood.

To put it simply I saw the writing on the WALL OVER A MONTH ago and I am not some General, I am just a boots on the ground guy. So if I saw it, why didn't the Russians realize their bad positions hm? that's the problem here

This was not some bait and switch maneuver, this was pure and simply a retreat using long-range munitions to try and slow the enemy advance which so far as ultimately FAILED.

NOW maybe this won't be totally bad news, MAYBE the russians will FINALLY get their heads in the right place and DO what needs to be done, we will see.

Words of advice dear arm chair experts, you can only learn from your mistakes once you accept you've made them.

Cyrus the great, rfan and billybatts91 like this post

flamming_python, BliTTzZ and Backman dislike this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:07 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:Tell yourself what you want. Its just excuses, accept the reality, Russia fucked up and their policy bit them in the ass

It was intentional because they knew the token forces they had defending those areas BECAUSE they could not spare more men and MORE MEN where NEEDED to defend those areas properly (which IDK, I stated over a dozen times), would have gotten killed if they stood.

To put it simply I saw the writing on the WALL OVER A MONTH ago and I am not some General, I am just a boots on the ground guy. So if I saw it, why didn't the Russians realize their bad positions hm? that's the problem here

This was not some bait and switch maneuver, this was pure and simply a retreat using long-range munitions to try and slow the enemy advance which so far as ultimately FAILED.

NOW maybe this won't be totally bad news, MAYBE the russians will FINALLY get their heads in the right place and DO what needs to be done, we will see.

Words of advice dear arm chair experts, you can only learn from your mistakes once you accept you've made them.

They saw it. But the politics want a clean war with minimum number of soldiers and without using its airforce.

A bit like Hitler or Stalin interfered in military decision and led tens of thousand of soldiers being killed or captured. The generals are just afraid of talking to the leaders.

At least here they ordered the retreat, Stalin didn't.

BliTTzZ dislikes this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:10 pm

We need more info and less bs.

Intel Slava

🇺🇦🇷🇺⚡Deputy Minister of Defense of Ukraine Malyar drew attention to the fact that “at present, a lot of information is being circulated on social networks about settlements allegedly liberated by the Armed Forces of Ukraine, which does not correspond to reality.”

Even the Ukrainian side is forced to talk about mass information fakes, “the risk of a Russian counteroffensive is too great.

Last edited by Backman on Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

sepheronx, GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ and like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:11 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Did Gerasimov tell you that?
    Or was it Dvornikov who confided his plans to you?

It is easy for you to be cynical. You're sitting somewhere in Питер while pro-Russian civilians and Russian soldiers are suffering in the meantime. Show , at least, some decency for them.
    I understand that you might be confused with this war, as you showed in the beginning. And i can appreciate that given your political allegiance and everything. Being cynical at this moment doesn't put you in a good light.
    I hope you find a way Pavel.

flamming_python, BliTTzZ and Backman dislike this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:13 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:Tell yourself what you want. Its just excuses, accept the reality, Russia fucked up and their policy bit them in the ass

once you accept you've made them.

The borderline concern troll 6th columnists like you were saying this the whole time. Regardless of what's happening.

We should have a respectable SMO vs mobilization debate thread. I've tried posting a our parts of the SMO i don't like , with Paul Craig Roberts articles , but it just ends up feeding the 6th columnists

Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:14 pm

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:15 pm

billybatts91 wrote:
    That's bullshit. Visegrad24 is classic propaganda garbage.

Big_Gazza, VARGR198, BliTTzZ, lancelot and Arsenic like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:18 pm

billybatts91 wrote:
    lol1 lol1 lol1

No wonder the Ukraine defense minister had to say something.

(Deputy Minister of Defense of Ukraine Malyar drew attention to the fact that “at present, a lot of information is being circulated on social networks about settlements allegedly liberated by the Armed Forces of Ukraine, which does not correspond to reality)

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski and like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:19 pm

Backman wrote:The borderline concern troll 6th columnists like you were saying this the whole time. Regardless of what's happening.

We should have a respectable SMO vs mobilization debate thread. I've tried posting a our parts of the SMO i don't like , with Paul Craig Roberts articles , but it just ends up feeding the 6th columnists
    Paul Craig Roberts is not a good source in this case imo. His writings are not bad, but he doesn't understand much about Russian society. It is a western take on situation, at the end of the day, aligned with his political views.
    Best explanation can provide someone from Russia, not being nutter like Strelkov.

Big_Gazza likes this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:30 pm

Serious expectations management from the Hohols.

The Armed Forces of Ukraine enter the occupied settlements, but there is no complete control over them yet, - Deputy Minister of Defense of Ukraine Anna Malyar.

“Some of the settlements that are mentioned on the network are only partially controlled by the Armed Forces of Ukraine. There are fights going on. Also, the network discusses those cities or villages, the liberation of which is not planned for the next few days"

Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

limb

Post  limb Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:38 pm

Backman wrote:Serious expectations management from the Hohols.

The Armed Forces of Ukraine enter the occupied settlements, but there is no complete control over them yet, - Deputy Minister of Defense of Ukraine Anna Malyar.

“Some of the settlements that are mentioned on the network are only partially controlled by the Armed Forces of Ukraine. There are fights going on. Also, the network discusses those cities or villages, the liberation of which is not planned for the next few days"

Why cant konashenkov be honest about a retreat, instead of using euphemisms?
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:56 pm

limb wrote:
    Backman wrote:Sers"

Why cant konashenkov be honest about a retreat, instead of using euphemisms?

So you think honesty pays in war ? This is why Russia has been losing the propaganda war since day 1. F*ck honesty.
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:58 pm

It took me 15+ minutes to get trough the last 10 or so pages. I pull my hat for flamming, ALAMO, Backman, Garry"longest reply in the history of the Russia Defence Forum"B and all the other sane people here who had to fight all this BS in the last hours.  thumbsup

Some of the members repeat the same  censored over and over again. Ghost of Kiev. Snake Island. Northern feint. The first Kharkov affair. Remember the famous border post in the middle of nowhere? "Soon the Ukros will take Belgorod!!!!!"  Rolling Eyes And here we are again. In the middle of round one of the Kharkov affair 2.0 and still some people declare it a "victory" for the Nazis and a defeat for Russia.  scratch The same people that tell you the whole time that even after Russia killed or wounded 500.000+ UkroNazi fighters, after Azov was defeated in Mariupol or the largest counter-offensive in military history at the border of the Kherson region failed miserably (with more single day dead Ukros then ever before in the last 8 years!) that these are not russian victories because of.... Manpower. NATO. Manpower. Old tanks delivered from Poland, Romania or Germany. Manpower. HIMARS. Manpower. HARM. Shitty PzH 2000. And, of course. Manpower. Did I forget something?  scratch  MANPOWER.

Good comment from some dude on Twitter. The funding and PR part is spot on.
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 33 Fcrd-a10
    500.000+ KIA, WIA, MIA but... Hey, the 9.000 men strong counter-offensive defeated the whole Russian Army. Even only a few clashes were reported. Not battles, just clashes.
    F... I´m to old for that shit.  Rolling Eyes

sepheronx, GarryB, psg, flamming_python, Werewolf, DisturbedOne93, Big_Gazza and like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:12 pm

https://t.me/yurasumy/4840

⚡🇷🇺🇺🇦⚔ YURI's Comment on the MoD statement: Turns out there was no defeat at Kharkov, it was a very "cunning plan"⚡

And I was told yesterday by smart people, Yur, that you are spreading panic, it is not defeat, it is all a very cunning plan. But I did not believe it and in vain.

That is, if I understand what I said correctly, and I can't NOT BELIEVE the MoD, right? It turns out that everything that happened from September 7 to 10 was just a very cunning plan to get the Russian army out of #Balakleya, #Izyum and #Kupyansk.

It is a pity that hundreds of thousands of people who trusted us were not informed about this plan and the #Kharkov administration, which apparently was not informed about the details of this plan either, and therefore it ran away last night from Kupyansk, as they say "in only pants", and the Russian army, I understand in full compliance with the plan left large amounts of fuel and BK near #Izyum, which now the AFU in possession (as I should understand) in compliance with this same plan will use for its intended purpose against us.

Did I miss anything? Did I understand everything correctly in Konashenkov's message?

But in 1942 Sovinformburo was more honest (from June 25, 1942):

"During June 25, our troops continued fighting with advancing enemy troops in the Kharkov direction. After stubborn battles our units left Kupyansk".

P.S. By the way, if I were the Ministry of Defense I would already start preparing a speech for General Konashenkov according to which plan the north-eastern parts of the Kharkov region will also be surrendered very soon (it will be needed soon).

PP.S. And I was very much asked in my personal communication by #Kherson residents that when the RF MoD starts putting into action the plan for the planned relocation of its troops from Kherson to Donbass (naturally "to achieve the goals of SMO") let the MoD not consider it a problem and warn them about it at least a couple of days in advance.

That's all I can say about the official statement of the Russian MoD regarding the situation in the Kharkov direction.
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:18 pm

Hole wrote:It took me 15+ minutes to get trough the last 10 or so pages. I pull my hat for flamming, ALAMO, Backman, Garry"longest reply in the history of the Russia Defence Forum"B and all the other sane people here who had to fight all this BS in the last hours.  thumbsup

Some of the members repeat the same  censored over and over again. Ghost of Kiev. Snake Island. Northern feint. The first Kharkov affair. Remember the famous border post in the middle of nowhere? "Soon the Ukros will take Belgorod!!!!!"  Rolling Eyes And here we are again. In the middle of round one of the Kharkov affair 2.0 and still some people declare it a "victory" for the Nazis and a defeat for Russia.  scratch The same people that tell you the whole time that even after Russia killed or wounded 500.000+ UkroNazi fighters, after Azov was defeated in Mariupol or the largest counter-offensive in military history at the border of the Kherson region failed miserably (with more single day dead Ukros then ever before in the last 8 years!) that these are not russian victories because of.... Manpower. NATO. Manpower. Old tanks delivered from Poland, Romania or Germany. Manpower. HIMARS. Manpower. HARM. Shitty PzH 2000. And, of course. Manpower. Did I forget something?  scratch  MANPOWER.

Good comment from some dude on Twitter. The funding and PR part is spot on.
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 33 Fcrd-a10
    500.000+ KIA, WIA, MIA but... Hey, the 9.000 men strong counter-offensive defeated the whole Russian Army. Even only a few clashes were reported. Not battles, just clashes.
    F... I´m to old for that shit.  Rolling Eyes

I saw that post, I believe it is from a "Radio Paul", a friend of Russel "Texas," Bentley, a famous American volunteer that is fighting with the DNR since 2014

GarryB and Hole like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:20 pm

https://t.me/yurasumy/4841

⚡🇷🇺🇺🇦⚔ Kharkov direction - Situation as of 19:00 10.09.22 - "planned withdrawal" of the RF troops continues⚡

I will try to make the most correct (from the point of view of the Russian Defense Ministry) review of events in the #Kharkov direction as of this evening.

The direction #Volchansk-Velikiy Burluk (Bolshoy Burluk). The "planned withdrawal" of Allied troops to LPR territory (presumably Troitskoye Svatovo) continues and proceeds very successfully. The Russian units have broken away from the enemy and therefore the advanced units of the AFU, without meeting any resistance have reached the Khotomlya-Velikiy Burluk line, and therefore we can expect that by tomorrow evening the entire plan for the "planned withdrawal" of the Russian grouping into #Donbass territory (100 km to the east) will be successfully completed. Thousands of refugees have piled up at the border of the still liberated territories and Russia, who are now being expedited by the #Belgorod region (God willing, they will cross in time, having followed all the established crossing rules, including lengthy filtration).

#Kupyansk: Apparently, also in accordance with the plan for the withdrawal of Russian troops from #Kharkov Oblast, the eastern part of the city is already being abandoned by Russian troops, while the city itself is now under full control of the AFU (I really hope that the AFU are map-aware and therefore "will not risk" crossing the LPR border, where I understand that according to the relocation plan, the Russian Army intends to give them a fight).

#Izyum: There is nothing more to talk about.

#Liman: Russian army soldiers, showing wonders of heroism, are honestly fighting for the city and do not intend to give it up to the enemy.

#Lysychansk;The Ukrainian Armed Forces launched attacks with the aim of breaking through the Allied forces' defenses and reaching #Lysychansk. So far to no avail. I hope it will be the same.

P.S. And finally I can say that Bulgakov was right: cowardice is the worst human vice.

From the encyclopaedia. Cowardice is the unwillingness to perform an action for fear of consequences or phobias.

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:21 pm

They are going to make a hollywood movie out of this charge.
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:21 pm

From what I'm seeing now, they have to stop Ukrainians get a bridgehead around Liman.

Backman dislikes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:22 pm

Have you by accident put attention to the matter that "it is according to plan" comes out only from the biggest panic mongers out there?
    The difference is, that all of them have Patronite accounts, while you have not.
    Russkie MoD has not used that narrative ever. For a second.
    It is like figuring out some narrative and fight with it later on.

It is a war, for Gods sake.
    The biggest in Europe since 1939.
    Yugoslavia looks like a backyard struggling of a 6y/o's.
    We have close to a million fighting forces now.
    Everything can go wrong.
    Or right.

GarryB, franco, Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ and Hole like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:25 pm

Hole wrote:Did I forget something?  scratch  MANPOWER.

You didn't, but you have misspelled that.
    It is not MANPOWER but CANNON FODDER.

GarryB, franco, Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ, Hole, Mir and Podlodka77 like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:27 pm

thegopnik wrote:They are going to make a hollywood movie out of this charge.

You're quite right but the main character will be Sean Penn leading the charge with the US Marines.

franco and Hole like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:30 pm

Mir wrote:
    thegopnik wrote:They are going to make a hollywood movie out of this charge.

You're quite right but the main character will be Sean Penn leading the charge with the US Marines.

Half of them will be females, half black, half trans, and as we have three times "a half" that alone makes that 150% of the striking forces!
    Russkie will be evaporated, even without 50% of Latino that will bring the number up to 4 times 50%, so 200%!
    And as there must be some straight white males somewhere, let's say 50%, that is 250%!
    Who can compete with that, you sillies?!?

Mir wrote:

Blowing a trumpet, of course!

sepheronx, GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, thegopnik and Hole like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:41 pm

ALAMO wrote:Yugoslavia looks like a backyard struggling of a 6y/o's.
    We have close to a million fighting forces now.
    Everything can go wrong.
    Or right.
    I agree. As someone that was part of ex-Yu wars i wholeheartedly agree. That's why they have to up the ante and give their best.
    Our side ( Serbian) didn't and our results were less than stellar.
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:47 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 33 Screen11

If Ukrainians are dying like crazy why hasnt their momentum stopped. I guess heading to moscow is no longer a joke to laugh at next.

Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ and Backman dislike this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:23 am