Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+62
Rodion_Romanovic
thegopnik
jhelb
VARGR198
psg
Sujoy
TMA1
Azi
sepheronx
RTN
sundoesntrise
ATLASCUB
PhSt
calripson
Backman
Dforce
Serberus
crod
owais.usmani
Eugenio Argentina
Urluber
zorobabel
JohninMK
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Broski
walle83
Isos
Scorpius
SolidarityWithRussia
Belisarius
billybatts91
Regular
wilhelm
xeno
franco
limb
Mir
Singular_Transform
lyle6
Arrow
PapaDragon
SeigSoloyvov
Stealthflanker
d_taddei2
Dr.Snufflebug
mnztr
Arkanghelsk
Odin of Ossetia
nomadski
kvs
dionis
GarryB
ucmvulcan
Firebird
Hole
Werewolf
Big_Gazza
ALAMO
caveat emptor
flamming_python
Airbornewolf
LMFS
66 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 17 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22

Post  flamming_python Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:38 pm

Dforce wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Dforce wrote:
    limb wrote:So how many aircraft were destroyed at saki? What is the verdict on the satellite photos of burnt out aircraft

Not sure, but smoking is bad for you:

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 17 FZ0nzxeXkAAI3lc?format=jpg&name=900x900¨

You can even see the impact areas for the cigarette butts, and the s-400 did not have time to take them down it seems:

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 17 FZ0wVaPWYAAeTPk?format=jpg&name=large

Could be faked, but sure I'm willing to entertain it

Don't see what you're so smug about though. It's not going to win Kiev the war, where for every one such strike such as this or on the Kherson aerodrome, the Ukrainians receive 50 back.

Sure, 50 back. At least! russia

Well you can count all the Kh-59s, Izd. 305s, Kalibrs, Kh-32s, Kh-29s, Iskanders if you wish. But there are a lot hitting Ukrainian targets.

And in such a war it's manpower losses that matter. At least for Russia. Equipment, ammo, fuel is all manufactured in Russia and replaceable.

So what hit the airfield, you think? What about air defence?

Dunno. HIMARS again? Something supersonic and small enough to have escaped notice
    In which case air defense looks to have failed.

But I'm assuming here the satellite pics are true. There were a lot of people in that area; I know those parts. Saki is a very popular resort town in the Crimea. If it were missiles, people would have seen them. So far no reports.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 17 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:41 pm

So 6 su30...

Because they made so many of them its not a big deal

Sarcasm off

So what is the point of graduating from a military academy, to just throw equipment away basically?

I should be let on a su30 and let me crash and eject for that purpose

Let anyone hop into it and fly it, I mean FFS , you can sail them right off the kuznetsov, maybe let Ukrops blow them up, or just collide in mid-air in drills

And before someone tells me it happens in all airforce

It does,

Just it doesn't make a difference in the ones with 1000+ fighters in service

Out before I lose my temper

Regular likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:45 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:So 6 su30...

Sarcasm off

So what is the point of graduating from a military academy, to just throw equipment away basically?

I should be let on a su30 and let me crash and eject for that purpose

Let anyone hop into it and fly it, I mean FFS , you can sail them right off the kuznetsov, maybe let Ukrops blow them up,  or just collide in mid-air in drills

And before someone tells me it happens in all airforce

It does,

Just it doesn't make a difference in the ones with 1000+ fighters in service

Out before I lose my temper

Better than losing 6 pilots

Take it easy would ya. Even the Taliban in Afghanistan disabled Coalition aircraft on airbases with mortar strikes. And that's the lowest-tech enemy you can think of.

Fossil fuel prices will make up for the aircraft. Main downside is actually the manufacturing time.

GarryB and Mir like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:47 pm

Craters are too shallow and small to be made by missiles with few hundred kilogram warhead.

kvs likes this post

Dforce

Post  Dforce Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:49 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    But I'm assuming here the satellite pics are true. There were a lot of people in that area; I know those parts. Saki is a very popular resort town in the Crimea. If it were missiles, people would have seen them. So far no reports.
    ¨

Well it was popular yesterday, today many seems to be leaving occupied Crimea. Might be good to do that while that bridge is still there, I guess?

caveat emptor wrote:Craters are too shallow and small to be made by missiles with few hundred kilogram warhead.

Sure, they are, much more in line with smoked cigarette butts.

Last edited by Dforce on Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

xeno and limb dislike this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:49 pm

Lining up the LDNR units in the battles ongoing:

2nd Luhansk brigade facing on the north against Siversk
    6th Luhansk regiment (Cossacks) facing Soledar
    4th Luhansk brigade facing Bakhmut
    7th Luhansk brigade facing Kodema
    3rd Donetsk brigade covering the corner from Gorlivka
    100th Donetsk brigade flanking Avdiivka
    9th Donetsk regiment facing Avdiivka
    11th Donetsk regiment facing Piski
    1st Donetsk brigade facing Marinka & Krasnohorivka
    5th Donetsk brigade covering the corner & Uhledar

Of course all are backed up by Russian units.

d_taddei2, kvs, Hole and Mir like this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:51 pm

9-14 aircraft lost. Pretty rough.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:52 pm

flamming_python wrote:

Better than losing 6 pilots

Take it easy would ya. Even the Taliban in Afghanistan disabled Coalition aircraft on airbases with mortar strikes. And that's the lowest-tech enemy you can think of.

Fossil fuel prices will make up for the aircraft. Main downside is actually the manufacturing time.

Hence my point, it does happen to everyone

But there are barely 120 su30

That is the main point

rfan likes this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:59 pm

I find these before and after to be clearer:

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 17 110

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 17 210

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 17 310

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 17 FZ0j6g3XkAArpPy?format=jpg&name=large
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:13 pm

I guess those in "Before" images were munitions or maybe fuel bunker ?
    Singular_Transform
    Singular_Transform

Post  Singular_Transform Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:24 pm

Stealthflanker wrote:I guess those in "Before" images were munitions or maybe fuel bunker ?

If I have to guess I would say one of the bunkers ignited, and if it ignited the other bunker then all other aircraft in the surroundiing damaged as well.

kvs likes this post

Dforce

Post  Dforce Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:37 pm

Singular_Transform wrote:
    Stealthflanker wrote:I guess those in "Before" images were munitions or maybe fuel bunker ?

If I have to guess I would say one of the bunkers ignited, and if it ignited the other bunker then all other aircraft in the surroundiing damaged as well.

Great guess, but what about the cigarettes?

Or, rather, do you not see the actual craters? I think theya re at least 10 m in diameter, or?
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:40 pm

Singular_Transform wrote:

I would think of sabotage like those bunkers are actually quite far apart. But yeah explosion of those bunkers can wreck any aircrfts nearby.

The most annoying thing was of course typical stupidity of suddenly blaming air defense, and many quickly jump into conclusion on perperators. There were indeed S-300/400 sites nearby but if the attack was done by Special operation forces then what are those air defense can do in the first place. and local report indicates no missiles in the air. Cruise missile will give unique acoustics and they will be visible as the explosions occurred at daylight. As well as Ballistic missile attack. and if the perperators was Ballistic missile, much bigger crater and damage or probably cluster munitions can be expected.

One OSINT account (OsintTechnical) suddenly "transform" destroyed Podlets radar into an ABM capable radar to fit their narrative of SRBM attack.

i was like.. what the F bro... are these people serious ?

GarryB, limb, TMA1 and Mir like this post

limb

Post  limb Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:42 pm

caveat emptor wrote:What was the purpose of stupid "no losses" report Russian MoD came up with? In this day and age.

I agree. Why cant the Russian MoD be honest, and open about the aircraft losses?

I read that soviet airfield ammo drpots were designed such a way to direct the blast away fr the aircraft, in case of a detonation. So Im inclined to believe not so many aircraft were destroyed. But this is just guesswork which cannot be proven, because Russia, like the Ukrainian regime never publishes losses or pictures of the aftermath.

rfan likes this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:43 pm

Dforce wrote:
    Great guess, but what about the cigarettes?

Or, rather, do you not see the actual craters? I think theya re at least 10 m in diameter, or?

Munitions bunker contains explosives etc and if they goes off it will produce crater. regardless of the cause. I dont understand why you brought it up.

GarryB likes this post

limb

Post  limb Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:47 pm

zorobabel wrote:I find these before and after to be clearer:

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 17 110

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 17 210

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 17 310

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 17 FZ0j6g3XkAArpPy?format=jpg&name=large

So 15+ destroyed aircraft?

This is more than all fixed wing Russian aircraft shot down in the SMO combined. What the flying ****. From fucking saboteurs. This is a monumental fuckup of the airport security.

Regular and owais.usmani like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:51 pm

Where tf was Rosgvard? That's their job

Who let someone hohols on a prime airbase

Of course the same people who sent a cruiser within Ashm range

The same ones who left Kharkov and gave the border back to VSU

The same ones who will in the future let a gang of hohol on the bridge

Regular and owais.usmani like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:54 pm

caveat emptor wrote:What was the purpose of stupid "no losses" report Russian MoD came up with? In this day and age.

These are the same people who told their soldiers not to fight back and to allow themselves to be castrated in the name of ''brotherhood and unity''

Need any more explaining?

owais.usmani, limb and Arkanghelsk like this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:59 pm

limb wrote:
    So 15+ destroyed aircraft?

This is more than all fixed wing Russian aircraft shot down in the SMO combined. What the flying ****. From fucking saboteurs. This is a monumental fuckup of the airport security.
    Probably ~15. Based on the damage around the site, the ones that seemingly survived are most likely heavily damaged / disabled.
    PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:02 am

Unless Russia starts using FOABS on major UkroNazi cities, such incidents will only embolden NATzO to ship more lethal weapons to Pukraine. Russia needs to show the Nazi world that they mean business.

Urluber likes this post

Dforce

Post  Dforce Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:07 am

PhSt wrote:Unless Russia starts using FOABS on major UkroNazi cities, such incidents will only embolden NATzO to ship more lethal weapons to Pukraine. Russia needs to show the Nazi world that they mean business.
    ¨

Yes that will do it, if Russia makes sure to kill civilians willy-nilly this war will end in no time. Also, that would make NAFO much more likely to end weapons shipments! Great plan! russia
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:07 am

Important losses are Su-30SM. As for Su-24, these were not upgraded M2 type, so it is questionable how many were even flying.
    limb

Post  limb Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:09 am

PhSt wrote:Unless Russia starts using FOABS on major UkroNazi cities, such incidents will only embolden NATzO to ship more lethal weapons to Pukraine. Russia needs to show the Nazi world that they mean business.

How about having actual proper security, camouflage, and secure ammo storage for once. For 3 years ive been extremely worried how Russian aircraft are just placed in the open next to bombs. My fears were justified. This all could've been avoided with having fucking bunker shelters for aircraft.

Backman dislikes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:10 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:So 6 su30...

Sarcasm off....

They could have been using all those planes all this time to kill Ukrops and maybe even keep Moskva from sinking like a bitch

But they wisely chose to keep them safely tucked away so they don't get scratched or something

Bet they wish now they used them while they had them   Razz

owais.usmani, limb and Arkanghelsk like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:11 am

That's dumb. What they should really do is to knock out all bridges on Dnepr and railway network (swithching stations, tunnels, etc), finish of Kremenchug reffinery and relevant industrial sites, that can be used for weapons production and repair.

GarryB and sundoesntrise like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:37 am