Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+62
Rodion_Romanovic
thegopnik
jhelb
VARGR198
psg
Sujoy
TMA1
Azi
sepheronx
RTN
sundoesntrise
ATLASCUB
PhSt
calripson
Backman
Dforce
Serberus
crod
owais.usmani
Eugenio Argentina
Urluber
zorobabel
JohninMK
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Broski
walle83
Isos
Scorpius
SolidarityWithRussia
Belisarius
billybatts91
Regular
wilhelm
xeno
franco
limb
Mir
Singular_Transform
lyle6
Arrow
PapaDragon
SeigSoloyvov
Stealthflanker
d_taddei2
Dr.Snufflebug
mnztr
Arkanghelsk
Odin of Ossetia
nomadski
kvs
dionis
GarryB
ucmvulcan
Firebird
Hole
Werewolf
Big_Gazza
ALAMO
caveat emptor
flamming_python
Airbornewolf
LMFS
66 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22

Mir
    Mir

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 40 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22

Post  Mir Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:41 pm

Hole wrote:
    The next game changer.  Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Problem 1: not a single sortie flown by the mighty Ukro air force in the last days.
    Problem 2: missile is inferior to the missiles they had at the beginning of the conflict.

Grim-3 is apparently in an advance stage of development - they are just waiting for Congress to approve the 50bn funding required for the project.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 40 Mang210

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Hole and Broski like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 40 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22

Post  Airbornewolf Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:12 pm

Hole wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:Reconstruction progress in Mariupol

Already more reconstruction then NATO did in 20 years of their "successful" Afghanistan mission.

i know what you mean, i don't know how many towns NATO wiped off the map in Afghanistan.
    Some where really desperate situations, but most where avoidable with some restraint and professional attitude.

Also,
    NATO is not an organization that has "reconstruction" in mind....ever.
    It only destroys and put's people against one another.
    local civilians are nothing more than "collateral" to be thrown a handful of dollars at to put an legal end to it.
    Be damned their living conditions.
    NATO's only purpose is taking out all the chess pieces on the global chessboard under it's U.S overlord.

All under this western mass-media propaganda driven disgusting, self appointed image of world-policeman and hollow, self righteous morals and values.
    It is cancer, that is due for an serious chemo-therapy course Called Russian Federation or China.
    -----

I am really happy to see Russia is establishing such an great measure of control in civilian infrastructure.
    Reconstructing water facility's, gas, electrical, erecting housing complexes. etc.
    This is the way how it should be done, Everywhere.
    Power is not only measured in one's ability to destroy.
    But also in limiting suffering of people and rebuild quickly.
    I deeply respect Russia for this.  russia
    All the RF organisations involved do an amazing job.

GarryB, franco, Firebird, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon and like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:03 am

Big_Gazza wrote:
    Arrow wrote:Talks with Erdogan and the UN Secretary began in Lviv.
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 40 Facz4-OHa-UAUqv-TB

So much joy in a single room....

Looks just like our school faculty meeting after classes

Nobody wants to be there and we all just want to get it over with ASAP lol1

franco, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, owais.usmani, Mir, Broski and ucmvulcan like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:07 am

Backman wrote:I'm afraid something is going to happen at the nuclear plant. The Ukraine propagandists are basically talking like it already happened. They are setting this up...

There's not enough of anything in that plant for something big enough to happen

Lots of hot air because average news viewer is afraid of adjective ''nuclear''

GarryB, flamming_python, owais.usmani and Broski like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:16 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    Backman wrote:I'm afraid something is going to happen at the nuclear plant. The Ukraine propagandists are basically talking like it already happened. They are setting this up...

There's not enough of anything in that plant for something big enough to happen

Local containment is possible if nuclear waste storage are damaged. It would be a pain in the hole to clean it all up and would tie Russian hands. Nothing apocalyptic, well for maybe those exposed in the small area, but as far as I understand, nothing like Fukushima

GarryB and Broski like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:58 am

PapaDragon wrote:There's not enough of anything in that plant for something big enough to happen

Remarkable statement, care explaining?
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:26 am

LMFS wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:There's not enough of anything in that plant for something big enough to happen

Remarkable statement, care explaining?

It would probably take an actual bunker buster bomb to one of the nuclear vessels to actually create a nuclear disaster similar to Chernobyl. The threat of a disaster like that is being way overstated.

Its still a really dumb idea to shell it.

GarryB, Hole and Broski like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:33 am

Backman wrote:It would probably take an actual bunker buster bomb to one of the nuclear vessels to actually create a nuclear disaster similar to Chernobyl. The threat of a disaster like that is being way overstated.

Its still a really dumb idea to shell it.

I am no nuclear expert, but neither Chernobyl nor Fukushima required the involvement of bunker busters, just wrong operational parameters or failure of ancillaries, which is pretty much what the urkonazis are trying to achieve at ZNPP. A reactor without cooling will fail, melt and create a massive contamination problem, even if it is not breached by the attack, which is also possible with the weapons available to those bastards. I don't see MoD specially relaxed about the situation, you know...

d_taddei2, kvs and Broski like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:39 am

Krepost
    Krepost

Post  Krepost Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:12 am

They brought one of the trophies to Novorossysk and parked it right in front of the Kutuzov museum cruiser.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 40 19-10913

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, VARGR198 and Hole like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:25 am

ALAMO wrote:
    franco wrote:
    Happy looking bunch lol1

Read my lips, no more free Bayraktars, as you are just crushing them and spoiling all the commercial campaigns!

Mir wrote:

Yes I know - there was nothing there to start with. These were constructed a couple years ago to protect the aircraft from swarm attacks and the sun.
    I won't classify them as hardened but they do look sturdy enough to handle a fairly large explosion?

It would cover from a top attack with the use of improvised ammo like hand grenades or small caliber mortar bombs, but that's it.
    The side panels are most probably a sandwich made of steel sheets filled with PUR foam, it is an inexpensive construction panel with quite good strength parameters and can be disassembled if needed. But expect resistance of a shipping container, not more than that. Any military-grade ammo blast will just tear that apart.

The further protect these make shift hangers the British army use to use empty boxes based on pallets that could be filled with sand, soil, small stones, and forklifted into position these were normally placed around bases but the concept could be used around these makeshift hangers. As for the roof even adding something similar to caged armour on the roof although a lot taller might offer some additional light protection for these makeshift hangers. It's not going to be as good as hardened hangers but it's quick, easy, and cheap to add, and gives better protection then they currently have until something more should gets built.

ALAMO and Mir like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:38 am

In Zaporozhye militia told how Kiev underestimates the losses of the Armed Forces of Ukraine

The commander of the Zaporozhye detachment "Troy" Vladimir Novikov said that Kiev underestimates the losses of the Armed Forces of Ukraine

MOSCOW, Aug 18-RIA Novosti. Kiev significantly underestimates its losses in the special operation of Russia, among the Ukrainian military there are already about 200 thousand dead, one of the leaders of the Zaporozhye militia, the commander of the Troya detachment, Vladimir Novikov, with the call sign "Alabai", told RIA Novosti.
    "This is my personal opinion, I think about 200 thousand" two hundredths "(dead. - Editor's note) and more than 300 thousand wounded, who will not return to service, " Novikov said.
    According to the squad leader, he uses various sources of information.
    "Based on the totality of information, I can announce such figures," he said.

https://ria.ru/20220818/svo-1810346993.html

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:21 am

Russia taking out 100 ukrop targets everyday

Ukrops blowing up 1 depot in one week

Western russia supporters : „OMG I HAVE MASSIVE DIARRHEA, RUSSIA ABOUT TO LOSE, HOW CAN THEY LET THIS HAPPEN, THE GENERALS ARE ABSOLUTE DOGSHIT, NUKE KIEV“
    https://t.me/levigodman/4633

GarryB, flamming_python, d_taddei2, LMFS, Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:48 am

Belisarius wrote:Russia taking out 100 ukrop targets everyday

Western russia supporters : „OMG I HAVE MASSIVE DIARRHEA, RUSSIA ABOUT TO LOSE, HOW CAN THEY LET THIS HAPPEN, THE GENERALS ARE ABSOLUTE DOGSHIT, NUKE KIEV“

Then why draw red lines and threaten with what is never done. There were 4 attacks on Russian territory today.

Isos and caveat emptor like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:55 am

Mir wrote:
    Hole wrote:
    The next game changer.  Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Problem 1: not a single sortie flown by the mighty Ukro air force in the last days.
    Problem 2: missile is inferior to the missiles they had at the beginning of the conflict.

Grim-3 is apparently in an advance stage of development - they are just waiting for Congress to approve the 50bn funding required for the project.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #22 - Page 40 Mang210

Propellent free ESG approved stealth howitzer - $ 100M:lol:

GarryB and Mir like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:28 am

Regular wrote:
    Belisarius wrote:Russia taking out 100 ukrop targets everyday

Then why draw red lines and threaten with what is never done. There were 4 attacks on Russian territory today.

What are you even talking about?

So Russia isn't doing anything about it, but never mentioned exactly what they would do if those red lines were crossed...... You are aware why this conflict is happening, right? cause the US and Ukraine went over Russia's red line.

They hit so many command and control centers (not Kiev Rada for obvious reasons) and killed so many higher ranking guys in Ukraine, its not even funny anymore (well, it kinda is).

Attempt attacks today with now yourself and the other doofus lying about Russian airbase being hit again in Crimea.  I provided proof as to why that was actually false.

What you just said is complete contradiction to everything that is actually happening now.  Now you come off as a smart individual so it really only occurs to me that you are trolling and nothing more.

-------

https://www.russiadefence.net/viewtopic.php?t=8831

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, LMFS, Hole, Backman, Mir and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:57 am