Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+73
psg
mnrck
0nillie0
PhSt
dionis
andalusia
walle83
Krepost
Stealthflanker
Kiko
marcellogo
Walther von Oldenburg
Firebird
Dr.Snufflebug
RTN
d_taddei2
GunshipDemocracy
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Werewolf
franco
ludovicense
Broski
bandit6
Erk
mnztr
nomadski
Airbornewolf
billybatts91
sundoesntrise
kvs
sepheronx
ATLASCUB
owais.usmani
Regular
Big_Gazza
MMBR
Scorpius
Serberus
Hinex1988
Tolstoy
lyle6
flamming_python
ALAMO
thegopnik
lancelot
ucmvulcan
SeigSoloyvov
Belisarius
TMA1
calripson
VARGR198
11E
JohninMK
Mir
diabetus
Singular_Transform
limb
Ned86
Isos
Sprut-B
ArgentinaGuard
Sujoy
caveat emptor
Arkanghelsk
Backman
PapaDragon
Vann7
Ispan
GarryB
LMFS
Podlodka77
Hole
Arrow
77 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 26 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:38 pm

Serberus wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:Mari was defended by around 15k men and the russians had to focus over 40k at the start to take that and that AFTER they completely cut Mari off.

So no my words aren't non-sense and I would hardly consider Avoz their best forces.

You simply are choosing not to believe it

I mean if they were Imperial Fists the Russian army would get destroyed and that's putting it nicely...bad analogy on your end but hey no shame in that the Imperial Fists would bitch slap every single military on earth

My analogy is fine, either your comprehension skills are lacking or you are purposely being obtuse.

Also where did you pull 40k troops in Mariupol from? Out your ass like most of your claims?

Nope, it was a bad analogy in the context you used it. Are you a 40k Fan? or did you just make the rerf without knowledge.

When they first attack Mari they had about 40k come down on the city, they did siphon troops away to other fronts has Avoz got pushed back into the plant, but the initial attack had about 40k men.
    Serberus
    Serberus

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 26 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

Post  Serberus Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:46 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

Nope, it was a bad analogy in the context you used it. Are you a 40k Fan? or did you just make the rerf without knowledge.

When they first attack Mari they had about 40k come down on the city, they did siphon troops away to other fronts has Avoz got pushed back into the plant, but the initial attack had about 40k men.

Source for the troop numbers?

I have read about 200 40k novels including the entire HH series, while eagerly awaiting Echoes of eternity’s release so I guess you could call me a bit of a fan Smile i am literally reading a Ciaphas Cain novel as we speak…I recommend the whole series if you’re into commissar and guard stuff.

Also my alias Serberus draws inspiration from WH, Loken (one of my fav characters) after getting stuck on Isstvan after the massacre and kind of losing his mind called himself Cerberus, i changed the C to S as homage to Serbia…and has Rus in it as a bonus. I assume this will all make sense to you since you have imperial aquila as your avatar.

Anyway I said Ukranians in Avdeevka are not Imperial Fists (known for building almost impenetrable fortifications with superhuman soldiers defending them) therefore they can be defeated if Russia applied pressure and focused on that front.

Not that hard to get

Last edited by Serberus on Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:19 pm; edited 7 times in total

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs and GunshipDemocracy like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:56 pm

Can someone tell me what percentage of Ukraine's overall military is in the Donbass?
    Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:15 pm

billybatts91 wrote:Can someone tell me what percentage of Ukraine's overall military is in the Donbass?

Its Anyones guess to the true numbers.
    I read some reports that Russian troops gained ground in Kharkov oblast due to redeployment of Wehrmacht troops to Donbas from there, or it could have been an excuse because they lost ground. Either way they seem to be constantly pouring them in due to high losses and trying to keep ground so probably a large portion, whatever that may be.

I have a feeling once they are defeated in Donbass and Kharkov they will be a spent force.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs and billybatts91 like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:29 pm

Great self explanatory video:

GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, PapaDragon, ghostface, Ned86, 0nillie0 and like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:18 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 26 981fa010
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 26 F1d02410

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:36 pm

As PD likes to say, the Ukrainians are what they look like

No, they're not the Imperial Fists..

And frankly the only explanation I can give for why they've still not been budged from Avdeevka and in general are in a position to carry out artillery strikes on Donetsk is because such is useful for Russia itself to drive up support for the war. At any rate this was a going theory back from the first month of the war. Yes it's cynical but then war is cynical in general.

Yes the Ukrainians have had 8 years to build up defenses & tunnels, and yes NATO taught them how to use artillery but at the end of the day this Avdeevka and in fact all this Ukro artillery is basically right next to Russia's borders. Russia has a variety of means to take it all out least of which is blanketing Avdeevka and any other artillery hotspots with its own shells, its own Su-25s, deploying all its own strike drones 24/7 and going to town on everyone there. I doubt there are even some civilians crazy enough to have opted to stay in these fortress towns over the duration knowing the fate that has befallen Mariupol.

GarryB and Big_Gazza like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:39 pm

Serberus wrote:
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 26 F1d02410

In 2014, this scum was 16 y/o
    How much "leader" and "active participant" he might have been, is just a debunking of what Ukro propaganda is.

GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B and like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:01 pm

Has nothing to do with troop numbers

The army groupings that fought through irpen and brovary surrounding Kiev, as well as Sumy and Chernigov were not redeployed to Donbass

In fact they took well over a half or close to half of Ukraine with less than Half of the Russian army deployed

Then those men were pulled out, and went back to garrisons

So the trope that we need mobilization is bullshit

We can do it with half the manpower we have, in active duty service without using conscript, or introducing mobilization

On top of this, the current forces deployed into Donbass is not even a fraction of 1 district

It's not a numbers game

It's a political decision, to give Ukraine the Israeli treatment

Were not giving them a heroic last stand

Were gonna bomb them into the ground, everyday, worse than Palestine

It's exactly the approach Russia takes to Ukraine

Bombing them day in and day out, attrition their manpower

More land won't be taken until we get the KIA numbers of Ukrainians willing to fight ramped up to another several thousand

Simple as that, it will be city after city, Slavyansk, then Kramatorsk

And the objectives will change throughout the combat

This is as psychological as anything else

To force hohols into defeat

GarryB, d_taddei2, Hole and Broski like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:11 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Has nothing to do with troop numbers

The army groupings that fought through irpen and brovary surrounding Kiev, as well as Sumy and Chernigov were not redeployed to Donbass

In fact they took well over a half or close to half of Ukraine with less than Half of the Russian army deployed
    Арха́нгельск, lay off whatever you're smoking. They took half of the country? 
    Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:12 pm

The proposed version of the administrative-territorial division of the liberated Ukraine was shown on the Web.

https://topwar.ru/197726-v-seti-pokazali-predpolagaemyj-variant-administrativno-territorialnogo-delenija-osvobozhdennoj-ukrainy.html

LMFS likes this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:14 pm

Apparently, this might be a first  video  off Kalibr-M in action.

GarryB and ghostface like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:24 pm

caveat emptor wrote:

Yeah by week 2 close to half the country was under control

The northern grouping surrounded Kiev and Sumy and Chernigov was secured, with Chernobyl under control

In the south they were at the door of Krivoy Rog

Until general staff pulled guys out, and focused on Donbass

Why the reason for pullout? You can come up with what you like

Some say it was a negotiating tactic , I doubt it

I think they were gauging In real time the willingness of Hohols to fight

And they realized hohols would fight to the end, so taking the capital center would not matter

Sort of like Napoleon, taking Moscow and burning it did nothing

You have to destroy their manpower to succeed

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Ispan, Eugenio Argentina, lancelot and Broski like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:30 pm

caveat emptor wrote:Apparently, this might be a first  video  off Kalibr-M in action.
    I would not trust this statement. Firstly, there was not a single news about the Calibre-M tests anywhere. Secondly, this missile is larger than the "Caliber", and this is not observed here. Thirdly, news sources are telegram channels whose editors are completely incompetent in such matters.
    ...and why use Calibre-M in Ukraine?

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon and Eugenio Argentina like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:33 pm

caveat emptor wrote:

They are taking the juicy part of Ukraine. West and Kiev surraroundings are useless.

The dumb polito-military leadership is send all its army to get killed in Donbass. They said 100-500 deads and wounded per day. That's 3000-15000 per months. Soon all their profesionnal well trained soldiers will be out of combat and Russians will just push as far as they want. Having thousands of conscripts with no experience will be useless.

GarryB, d_taddei2 and Hole like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:39 pm

Scorpius wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:Apparently, this might be a first  video  off Kalibr-M in action.
    I would not trust this statement. Firstly, there was not a single news about the Calibre-M tests anywhere. Secondly, this missile is larger than the "Caliber", and this is not observed here. Thirdly, news sources are telegram channels whose editors are completely incompetent in such matters.
    I agree with most  you've said, except for usage. It is always good to use new systems in real conditions.
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:45 pm

Isos wrote:
    They are taking the juicy part of Ukraine. West and Kiev surraroundings are useless.
    Архангельск sounds too much like a cheerleader sometimes. There's no middle road with him. Doom or exuberance.
    I agree that east, south and parts of center are best parts of Ukraine.

GarryB likes this post

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:50 pm

Scorpius wrote:

Testing ? they didnt say anything about Su-57 testing before either. Only with a month of delay
    Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:57 pm

billybatts91 wrote:Can someone tell me what percentage of Ukraine's overall military is in the Donbass?

Some numbers from memory that I have seen

Severdonetsk 500 Zolotoye-Gorskoye to the south another 5.000 Lisichanks 15.000

Slavyansk an humongous 70.000 but I think that's counting all the forces in the west of the Salient

Avdeyevka 15.000

Early war estimates are that the Ukrops had 50.000 it seems they managed to reinforce the salient by sending an endless stream of troops, judging by the appearance of Territorial units at the Izyum front.

Both russian armies at the north can only field 30 battalion tactical groups, to a front line strength of 30.000

So it seems to me that the zombies have between one third and one half of their remaining strength in Donbass, and the Russian and Donbass forces number 50.000 and are outnumbered 1 to 2, that's why it's so hard to attack.

EDIT:

I made a typo. In Severodonetsk there might have been a couple thousand soldiers, but at present, in the Azot factory it's estimated to be only five hundred troops holed up there

Last edited by Ispan on Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, LMFS, Broski, billybatts91 and Serberus like this post

Ned86

Post  Ned86 Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:15 pm

caveat emptor wrote:Great self explanatory video:
    I wanted to post this video too, but you did it before me.

Btw, I read story by the Su-25SM pilot who explains this tactic in details.
    It is something like flying MLRS, where Su-25SM flies at low altitude in order to make MANPADs almost useless and then when approaching target, onboard computer calculates the firing angle and the moment when missiles should be fired.
    Everything is done automatically.

As per him, the main benefit of this tactic is that you are firing from the safe distance and your aircraft is almost invulnerable to the manpads. In the same time, you are using the cheapest and the most available missiles.

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

Ned86

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 26 Empty Ka-52 in action

Post  Ned86 Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:18 pm

Ka-52 porn

GarryB, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, LMFS, Hole and like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:45 pm

Serberus wrote:

Its Anyones guess to the true numbers.
    I read some reports that Russian troops gained ground in Kharkov oblast due to redeployment of Wehrmacht troops to Donbas from there, or it could have been an excuse because they lost ground. Either way they seem to be constantly pouring them in due to high losses and trying to keep ground so probably a large portion, whatever that may be.

I have a feeling once they are defeated in Donbass and Kharkov they will be a spent force.

God, I hope so. I read something at the beginning of the war that said if the Ukrainian military got destroyed in the Donbass and Kharkov, that the Russians could steamroll throughout the rest of the east and southeast of the country. Putin and Co. need to be doing everything they can to escalate the war right now and embarrass the Ukrainians in the east and go right for Odessa and Transnistria. Ukraine needs to be a landlocked country. Them and the entire West cannot be trusted anymore. If Putin doesn't do this then Crimea and Russian ships will always be threatened by the NATO Nazis and their little slaves in Ukraine.

flamming_python and Big_Gazza like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:48 pm

Ispan wrote:

Some numbers from memory that I have seen

Severdonetsk 5.000 Zolotoye-Gorskoye to the south another 5.000 Lisichanks 15.000

Slavyansk an humongous 70.000 but I think that's counting all the forces in the west of the Salient

Avdeyevka 15.000

Early war estimates are that the Ukrops had 50.000 it seems they managed to reinforce the salient by sending an endless stream of troops, judging by the appearance of Territorial units at the Izyum front.

Both russian armies at the north can only field 30 battalion tactical groups, to a front line strength of 30.000

So it seems to me that the zombies have between one third and one half of their remaining strength in Donbass, and the Russian and Donbass forces number 50.000 and are outnumbered 1 to 2, that's why it's so hard to attack.

Thanks for that info. Why do you think Putin and the generals haven't added more in those locations to make it more even?
    Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:00 pm

The budget of the liberated part of the Zaporozhye region will be calculated in rubles, in June it will amount to 7.2 billion rubles, including at the expense of subventions of the Russian Federation, said Vladimir Rogov, a member of the main council of the military-civil administration of the Zaporozhye region.
    https://ria.ru/20220614/byudzhet-1795223241.html

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, VARGR198, Sprut-B and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:14 pm

Belisarius wrote:The proposed version of the administrative-territorial division of the liberated Ukraine was shown on the Web.

https://topwar.ru/197726-v-seti-pokazali-predpolagaemyj-variant-administrativno-territorialnogo-delenija-osvobozhdennoj-ukrainy.html

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 26 Fvnlih10
    Yandex translation. At least part of it.

GarryB, GunshipDemocracy, LMFS and Belisarius like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:12 pm