Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+80
Podlodka77
TMA1
onwiththewar
Urluber
Walther von Oldenburg
George1
0nillie0
SolidarityWithRussia
thegopnik
ATLASCUB
ludovicense
Azi
Ned86
gc3762
Kiko
d_taddei2
The-thing-next-door
mnrck
Odin of Ossetia
ArgentinaGuard
Scorpius
RTN
GunshipDemocracy
Broski
Fred333
LMFS
kvs
medo
OminousSpudd
Airbornewolf
Werewolf
mnztr
psg
nero
flamming_python
Sprut-B
MMBR
ult
lancelot
dionis
Erk
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Sujoy
Stealthflanker
ahmedfire
nomadski
par far
PhSt
caveat emptor
SeigSoloyvov
Eugenio Argentina
andalusia
GarryB
Big_Gazza
crod
franco
JohninMK
Arrow
Regular
Ispan
diabetus
Dr.Snufflebug
Firebird
PapaDragon
limb
sepheronx
calripson
Belisarius
mr_hd
Arkanghelsk
lyle6
ucmvulcan
Hole
VARGR198
Serberus
ALAMO
Isos
owais.usmani
Hinex1988
Mir
84 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

Mir
    Mir

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

Post  Mir Fri May 13, 2022 3:17 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:
    What you think or what I think doesn't matter at all. Yuri Podolyaka is the most watched and most wanted Russian blogger when it comes to the situation in Ukraine, and he himself says that all those Russian vehicles were destroyed - 73 vehicles in total. He also says in that video link that the Russian army also has catastrophic problems with night sights, lack of combat drones, etc. All these are not my words but the words of Yuri Podolyaka.

What exactly is the "catastrophic problems with night sights"?
    ALAMO

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

Post  ALAMO Fri May 13, 2022 3:21 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:

What you think or what I think doesn't matter at all. Yuri Podolyaka is the most watched and most wanted Russian blogger when it comes to the situation in Ukraine, and he himself says that all those Russian vehicles were destroyed - 73 vehicles in total. He also says in that video link that the Russian army also has catastrophic problems with night sights, lack of combat drones, etc. All these are not my words but the words of Yuri Podolyaka.

I give a shit about what Mr. Podoliaka is saying on any given subject when it comes to military details.
    He knows shit about that, and that is very clearly visible as his popularity rises.
    I have been watching him for a few years, not since March 2022, and he transformed into something I don't like.
    We call it sparkling water here - this is what he has in his brain at the moment.
    Half of the wrecks might be either Ukrainian or republican, but some are definitely Ukrainian.
    And hardy none can be recognized as Russian.
    So what does it tell us?
    There is nothing more to wank about.

sepheronx, GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK and like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri May 13, 2022 3:23 pm

Actually the exact opposite to what we saw in Afghanistan in 80s is occurring today

Today due to the professional army

90% of Russians are not fighting in this war

So in actuality the population has grown more aggressive and hawkish in its war stance

The average Russian is living well with the ruble being so strong, people are out and about shopping

And what I see, is that the average person is so disconnected from the war because they don't fight in it

Some have relatives, but those relatives who are fighting are Professional Contract Guys

So the saying is, they signed up for such a profession

The average fat Russian is patriotic, but has no danger of getting killed or maimed in this conflict

So they call for greater commitment of resources

As I myself did early in the war

I admit I called for heavy bombardment and all this,

But the consequence of this professional army is the hawkish and aggressive stance of the people

And now with these articles and pictures used to piss people off, the government has unleashed a beast it cannot contain

And strelkovs and podolyakas use it to their advantage

If our government and the people are fighting over how hard to kill Ukrainians I cannot say it's a bad thing- on the contrary it's pretty funny to watch each person outdo each other in hawkishness

But them go sign the contract! No no, I am comfortable in construction or accounting

Hahaha

Big_Gazza, MMBR, Hole and Broski like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri May 13, 2022 3:32 pm

The combined result of having a strong economy and professional military proliferated this

Gas prices are cheap, and people no longer care about foreign currency, the Ruble is all the rage

If you are a Russian guy, who makes good enough money , you are paying your bills, your currency appreciated, and you are spending money, on top of this, you are watching the war from telegram

What skin is there in the game? These comfortable people are a new type of phenomenon

And it's not limited to Moscow, all over Russia the phenomenon is observed, even greater in Kazan, Rostov On Don, Novosibirsk

The level of comfort and economic security doing well

I'd say only the interest rates on debt should come down, but then again mortgage rates are not as bad as federal rates

So this combination generates increasing hawkishness on the lazy fat **** people who lay a flower or wreath at monument

But do not sign the contract

Ispan, MMBR and Broski like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri May 13, 2022 3:51 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Also, the main reason the Runet is using this is because as was said here before

The Kremlin is not in danger of being challenged because of the war

But because of being too soft

These photos are used by the Patriots of Russia to spread anger among ordinary Russians that demand a heavy hand

In no way can this be a call for a stop to the war

But a call to agitation of the war and to force Kremlin to commit greater resources to it

I already have caught on to how these "Pro Russian" channels are working and they are using Ukrainian propaganda to justify a greater war effort

Many Russians are justifiably angry with the leadership,

In all it works to Kremlins advantage, the only thing I'd say they need to be careful of was like with Moskva, if the tide turns too hard against them, they are forced to ratchet up the war

Sounds like these 'Pro Russian' channels are in fact working on the behalf of NATO

Just like the Ukro patriot retards have ruined their own nation ultimately and are responsible for all of its calamities since Perestroika kicked off

Putting more resources into the war due to public pressure over a fake destroyed battalion, rather than as the result of a sober actual political-military appraisal of the situation that shows more resources are needed - would be a catastrophe, and would among other things demonstrate that NATO can command control over the internal Russian situation through psychological means alone.

Russia needs to balance between the war effort and its civilian economy, and it's a delicate balance indeed. Especially as the stand-off with the West can go on for years and the amount of theaters can expand beyond just the Ukrainian one. Russia can't commit too many resources too early lest it suffer exhaustion in the long-run. It's a marathon, not a sprint. It also does not want to make WW3 or expansion of the war a self-fulfilling prophecy. Create contingencies for these things, but avoid provoking them.
    Let the political and military leadership decide what's best. Maybe no-one has 100% faith in them anymore, but they are smart people, professionals nevertheless, and they have access to more facts than any 'Russian patriot'.
    I suspect more resources will be allocated, and the military will be expanded. This is all inevitable. But it will be done surreptitiously, almost invisibly, and at a gradual pace - without any sudden movements, so to speak.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, MMBR, Sprut-B, Broski, jon_deluxe and Arkanghelsk like this post

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Fri May 13, 2022 4:04 pm

FP
    What is the Russian strategy long-term in this war?

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri May 13, 2022 4:13 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:FP

gotta wait, FP needs to call Gerasimov to as first, oki?

sepheronx, GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, Walther von Oldenburg, Sprut-B, Hole and Broski like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri May 13, 2022 4:23 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:Also, the main reason the Runet is using this is because as was said here before

The Kremlin is not in danger of being challenged because of the war

But because of being too soft

These photos are used by the Patriots of Russia to spread anger among ordinary Russians that demand a heavy hand

In no way can this be a call for a stop to the war

But a call to agitation of the war and to force Kremlin to commit greater resources to it

I already have caught on to how these "Pro Russian" channels are working and they are using Ukrainian propaganda to justify a greater war effort

Many Russians are justifiably angry with the leadership,

In all it works to Kremlins advantage, the only thing I'd say they need to be careful of was like with Moskva, if the tide turns too hard against them, they are forced to ratchet up the war

Sounds like these 'Pro Russian' channels are in fact working on the behalf of NATO

Just like the Ukro patriot retards have ruined their own nation ultimately and are responsible for all of its calamities since Perestroika kicked off

Putting more resources into the war due to public pressure over a fake destroyed battalion, rather than as the result of a sober actual political-military appraisal of the situation that shows more resources are needed - would be a catastrophe, and would among other things demonstrate that NATO can command control over the internal Russian situation through psychological means alone.

Russia needs to balance between the war effort and its civilian economy, and it's a delicate balance indeed. Especially as the stand-off with the West can go on for years and the amount of theaters can expand beyond just the Ukrainian one. Russia can't commit too many resources too early lest it suffer exhaustion in the long-run. It's a marathon, not a sprint. It also does not want to make WW3 or expansion of the war a self-fulfilling prophecy. Create contingencies for these things, but avoid provoking them.
    Let the political and military leadership decide what's best. Maybe no-one has 100% faith in them anymore, but they are smart people, professionals nevertheless, and they have access to more facts than any 'Russian patriot'.
    I suspect more resources will be allocated, and the military will be expanded. This is all inevitable. But it will be done surreptitiously, almost invisibly, and at a gradual pace - without any sudden movements, so to speak.

I agree with you 100%

I see this, and begun to think this way

The people yes they support the war, but they don't fight in it! Average Russian is waving Z flag around and wearing the ribbon of St. George

Do they sign the contract? No, so it's better to stick to military and political decision making rather than listening to the masses

These people want to mobilize the army but they don't sign the contract as volunteers

Bunch of imbeciles

Broski and bitch_killer like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri May 13, 2022 4:28 pm

GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:FP

gotta wait, FP needs to call Gerasimov to as first, oki?

Gerasimov will have to wait, I have Dvornikov on hold on the line waiting patiently already for me to finish typing up this post.

sepheronx, GarryB, franco, Big_Gazza, ALAMO, Walther von Oldenburg, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri May 13, 2022 4:35 pm

flamming_python wrote:

Gerasimov will have to wait, I have Dvornikov on hold on the line waiting patiently already for me to finish typing up this post.

Gerasimov is wounded, you silly!
    Don't pretend to call Shoigu either, as the one is dead!
    And don't try with Putin, as he has cancer and Parkinson and Alzheimer and and and and and.
    Just ... don't!
    Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Just ask UNIAN, they will tell you how things are out there! welcome

flamming_python, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, mnrck, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

diabetus

Post  diabetus Fri May 13, 2022 4:59 pm

GarryB wrote:
    This 3962 is the KIA figure for all of Russia extrapolated from the Yakutia results and some generous allowances for unconfirmed killed and KIA in other branches. I'd say this estimate tends towards the upper bound. In reality, the KIA can be anything from 3200-4200 or so right now.

Interesting exercise, but not particularly useful because you are therefore asserting that soldiers killed from one specific region in Russia equates to the number of soldiers killed from other regions at exactly the same rate, which is not obvious and of course not likely... unless the soldiers are deployed based on where they come from and get dangerous or safe jobs to form a normal distribution of deaths across Russia as a country.

70k for Ukrs?

Why so ridiculously high?

The fact that they are killing their own and counter attacking into artillery and air power suggests a rather high attrition rate... and lack of care by Kiev regarding its conscripts and civilians alike.

Yakuts don't overrepresent the Russian military significantly from my knowledge, that's why they're a good choice. They're a typical Siberian region in terms of representation

But we are not talking about the entire Russian military... just the troops in Ukraine, which are predominantly naval and VDV and other forces from specific regions... so the demography is unlikely to be homogenious...

Russia would be wise to develop something similar for artillery.

Looks like a copy of what Russia developed instead of Excalibur.

According to some Indian journalists, Ukranian officers have commented in their circles that Javelin proved almost useless in urban fighting because it needs some clear airspace near shooter to climb high and something was always getting in the way

Overhead lines would be a problem...

They can just use direct fire mode...

Which makes them a bigger heavier bulkier Metis-M1 with less penetration.

Yet it pains me to see Su-34s and Su-24s having to overfly their targets rather than tossing their bombs 10km from the target.

Toss bombing is an attempt to increase the standoff range where the bombs can be released to keep the bomber out of MANPADS range... but bombing from an altitude of 10km does the same thing with rather better precision.

Didn´t the glorious plan of the west include some decade long insurgency? With all those weapons that the Russians capture,
    this insurgency will turn out to be a fiasco, like the army of Molotov cocktail throwing civilians

Important to keep in mind that caches of weapons and ammo like that was not a hijacked truck with this stuff on it... it is more likely an intercepted ambush team either captured or wiped out to then collect up their weapons and equipment for these photos...

Apparently a Russian telegram channel claims that the bridgehead destroyed vehicles are Russian, and that the Russian command kept trying to send vehicles 3-5 times. All were destroyed.

Does Navalny have a Telegram channel?

Better accuse Boris Rozhin and call him a ukrainian troll. Given that certain users called Rybar of all people a ukrainian propagandist, I wouldnt put it past them to do the same with Rozhin.

Have noticed a Russian trait... PD probably has the Serbian version of it where any story that appears bad about their own government or military they tend to believe even without evidence... FP has the same problem too, as do you Limb and I suspect these two sources probably would follow the same pattern.

There are reports that the russians still haven't managed to force the severskiy donets near Belogorovka, so this falls in line with their attempts being massaacred.

Lots of places they haven't moved... so I guess they are being mass slaughtered because as we have already discussed they don't need to move around the place... letting the Orcs come to them gets through the ammo just fine...

Stupid shit happens. In 1991 Serbian army tried to enter into city of Vukovar with tank column that didn't have any infantry support. Similar happened in Grozny. I could name dozens of stupid mistakes that proffesional officers make, that wouldn't be made by sergeants. Best way to deal with it is too replace commanders that made those calls and make sure they don't happen anymore.
    War is the best way to separate wheat from the chaff.

Yeah, but demanding Putin be fired and the Russian military all go too because you read about some made up shit on the internet is the real gem of western propaganda at its finest... hope they are paying you good money... because your defeatist BS is really earning it for them.

This is why I hate appeals to authority that somehow officers and generals on the field know what theyre doing

Almost as bad as anonymous people on the internet demanding people be fired when they don't know what is happening...

Keep saying it... if is the biggest word in the English language and sadly the most abused.

But then butchering the meaning of English words is a tradition that the US and EU has perfected over the centuries and decades...

I thought corruption in the russian army was stamped out so that repeats of grozny would never happen.

You think the Russians were paid to do this?

Also fact that theres so many destroyed BMPs by the pontoon bridge can be explained that the river banks are steep and muddy, and the river current is too fast, so fording the river would very dangerous.

Yeah... they always plan to cross rivers where it is steep and muddy because if there is one Army on the planet that is fucking stupid when it comes to river crossings it is the Russian Army... obviously  Rolling Eyes

Sit front on to your PC camera... can't see your swastika properly...

You can't slowly cross a choke point like a river crossing though unless you're able to have lots of air coverage like multiple attack helos orbiting ahead and something like an ac-130 too.

With snorkles and amphibious vehicles a river is no longer a choke point... anywhere with relatively shallow banks can be crossed.

I kind of doubt the Ukrainians had resources and time to drive vehicles up and destroy them in order to pass them as Russian vehicles. We have to use Occam's razor here. What's more likely? Russian commanders in this sector were retards and squandered a BTG in 3 ambushes withput proper recon and air support, or Ukrainians parked their own vehicles in a way to pretend like they're doing a river Crossing, and then destroying/abandoning them?

It is the Orcs presenting the information, which suggests it was made up by the Orcs... they might have taken photos of vehicles that were destroyed in 2014-2015...

The rivering crossing looks real by all standards, But if the commander lost his BTG trying the same shit three times.....who the **** gave that Buffon a command position

Like seriously and they are doing bad against Ukraine, against NATO the russians would get their teeth kicked in with this level of performance

And if you believe that I have a bridge for sale...

Russian IFVs are amphibious for a reason... their tanks can snorkle for a reason... if one crossing failed why the **** would you try again in the same place let alone try three times.... it is the Orcs trying to pretend that the Russians are incompetent... if they were then why are the orcs doing so badly... they outnumber these dummies three to one and have the bestest western military equipment including Stingers and ATGMs... it should be a cake walk for them... if they are telling the truth... but why would they start telling the truth now?

It was reported on Reuters.

Reuters is a well known western intel compromised lie factory.

I got a bridge to sell you.

He wants my bridge... back off dude...  What a Face

Not absolving our fake journalists here though thry are nearly on the same level.

The irony is that the key to a free and fair democracy is an independent and inquisitive media... the CIA has spent the last century infiltrating and corrupting media in the east and the west and everywhere else and made a joke of real democracy... and no one in the west gave a shit... well now we have to live with it.

A copy except the US has used it in large numbers for years now.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri May 13, 2022 5:03 pm

Rybar telegram channel is offering an account of the Belogorovka battle, which points to the destroyed equipment indeed being Russian (but with hopefully the greater part of the manpower intact):

🇷🇺🇺🇦 Chronicle of the battles near Belogorovka and the defeat of the column of the Russian Armed Forces at the crossing

▪ On May 2-3, allied forces crossed the Seversky Donets near Shipilovka.

After the crossing, Russian forces entered into battle with the garrison of the settlement. There were no combat-ready detachments in Shipilovka, the garrison retreated towards Privolye.

The Russian units scattered in small groups over the area. Fighting began near Novodruzhesk, on the outskirts of Privolye and Belogorovka. For the occupation of Shipilovka, a relatively small calculation of forces and means was involved, which amounted to less than half of the BTGr.

On May 4, the bridgehead near Shipilovka was lost.

This happened, most likely, due to an underestimation of the enemy forces in the surrounding settlements. A full-fledged battalion of the Armed Forces of Ukraine was stationed in Privolye, which was soon reinforced by Novodruzhesk and Lysichansk.

▪On the night of May 4-5 and in the afternoon of May 5, powerful artillery preparation began along the left bank of the Seversky Donets from Serebryanka to Privolye. According to reports from local chats, the coast and the surroundings of Shipilovka "were littered with the corpses of the Armed Forces of Ukraine."

▪On May 5, allied forces crossed the Seversky Donets near Serebryanka.

It was not possible to gain a foothold on the opposite bank: combat-ready units from Seversk were transferred to Serebryanka. Seversk itself included newly rotated units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine from Severodonetsk, which were replaced by territorial defense units and national battalions.

The artillery preparation of the positions of the Armed Forces of Ukraine continued for several more days.

▪On May 7-8, Russian forces crossed the Seversky Donets, already near Belogorovka.

Russian troops managed to occupy the dominant heights near the coast (the so-called Shipilovsky mountains) and take the outskirts of Belogorovka along Pervomaiskaya Street.

After that, the RF Armed Forces faced fierce resistance from Ukrainian units. The fortified area of ​​the Armed Forces of Ukraine was located in a residential area and near a chalk quarry.

▪On May 8, allied forces launched a full-fledged pontoon crossing across the Seversky Donets near Belogorovka to bring armored vehicles into battle.

Ukrainian artillery began to work along the crossings. Before the failure of the first pontoon, several pieces of equipment were transferred to the opposite bank. The allied forces continued their offensive on Belogorovka, where the Ukrainians had transferred reserves from Seversk.

Under Shipilovka, the detachments of the Armed Forces of Ukraine again managed to be thrown back to Privolye.

▪ On May 9, the pontoon crossing near Belogorovka was restored. The transfer of up to 100 units of equipment began to the occupied bridgehead. The approximate plan was to consolidate the success in Belogorovka and near Shipilovka with Privolye, as well as to prepare for the assault on Seversk.

For an as yet unknown reason, the equipment was not brought into battle and left near the cape on the other side of the Shipilov Heights.

▪Presumably, on the night of May 10, the Armed Forces of Ukraine conducted aerial reconnaissance and discovered a huge accumulation of equipment at the crossing. Artillery launched a massive artillery strike on the outskirts of the Shipilov Heights.

Most of the equipment transferred to the eastern bank of the Seversky Donets (with the exception of the BTG equipment involved in the battles in Shipilovka and Belogorovka) was disabled.

▪On May 11-12, units of the allied forces from Kremennaya and Rubizhnoye were transferred to the assault on Privolye to the Russian forces remaining on the western bank of the river. Fighting in this area continues.

When evaluating the events described, some authors wonder how such a quantity of equipment was collected on the active sector of the front that they managed to cover with one blow. Others are trying to analyze the UAV footage and find vehicles from the NM of the LPR or even the Armed Forces of Ukraine on the recording.

We will note only a few points. Even if we imagine that there are BMP-1 NM LPR and even several Ukrainian armored vehicles on the footage, the essence remains the same: most of the lost equipment can definitely be attributed to the RF Armed Forces.

Judging by the photo, some part of the abandoned equipment can be repaired and put into operation in the future. Even taking into account losses in equipment, some units of the RF Armed Forces still managed to cross to the other side. However, their advancement without bringing new units into battle will be difficult.

We will refrain from evaluative judgments of responsible officials and hope that the command will independently and promptly draw all the necessary conclusions and take appropriate decisions.
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri May 13, 2022 5:13 pm

Nice comment from The Saker page about that story:

Harry on May 13, 2022 · at 9:34 am EST/EDT
    “There are reports.” That’s pretty weak sauce right there.

As to the photos that allege to show these losses:

(To mod, I posted this elsewhere too, but the same stories about these so called Russian losses keep popping up and the same arguments against them still apply).

Southfront has detailed pictures of these so called Russian losses on their site, (you’ll have to got here to yourself, links not allowed to them). These show these alleged 73 pieces of lost equipment. They too claim these to be Russian.

One thing appears obvious immediately. Contrary to their claims, most of these vehicles are not destroyed at all. In fact, the majority show little or no signs of damage. They appear to have been simply abandoned. Or maybe not even abandoned?

Secondly, not one of those 73 vehicles shows any sign of the tactical markings we always see on Russian and DPR/LPR vehicles (like the Z or V), even thought the pictures are clear and detailed enough to show them, if they were there in the first place. There are also some clear side views of (undamaged?) vehicles which again, lack all tactical signs.

Also, all of the equipment in evidence is of types that are also used by the Ukrainians. There are no vehicles I’ve been able to spot which are unique to the Russians. But, quite a few of the BMP’s in the photos appear to be BMP-1’s (most even). That makes it considerably less likely to be Russian vehicles.

Finally, look at what is absent. There isn’t a single air defense vehicle is sight (note, these are also useful in intercepting many types of incoming artillery/rockets/missiles). Russian battalions have a lot of those. So, I’m to believe that the Russians somehow failed to deployed these along with the rest of those vehicles? At a river crossing site of all places? Which, according to the narrative, had been hit by artillery and rockets before? Seriously? Or am I to believe that all of those air defense vehicles somehow escaped destruction? Either is possible, in theory, but not very believable.

If i were to see these photos without any commentary about what I was supposed to be seeing, then I would have to conclude that based on what the photos themselves show, these are Ukrainian losses, not Russian.

There is additional, although circumstantial, evidence that these are not Russian.

First, all photos are zoomed in, making it almost impossible to pinpoint the location (based on the course of the river and other terrain features). The exact location would go a long way to prove whose vehicles these are. It would make sense for the Ukrainians to show zoomed out photos to prove their allegations, and through their US friends, they would have no trouble getting those pictures. And yet, they seem to be deliberately making it hard to pinpoint the exact location of these losses. That doesn’t add up.

What makes even less sense, is that we are only hearing about this now, well after it has happened, as the photos appear to be made days after these losses are incurred. You can tell because there is no fire in evidence. There’s smoke in only one location in one photo, and it’s not coming from a vehicle wreck, but appears to come from a smoke generator. Some vehicles have clearly burned out, which takes time. There doesn’t seem to be anyone around either, so all rescue and recovery operations seem to have been concluded. So some time has passed between the strikes and when these pictures were taken, likely at least one day.

The lack of recovery operations is odd too. If these are Russian losses, inflicted by Ukrainian artillery, and most vehicles appear to be intact, why are they not being recovered? You would expect to see at least some activity of that kind.

But the big one is this, if the Russians had indeed lost over a battalion worth of armored vehicles, it would be the single greatest battle victory for the Ukrainians of the entire war. So why are we only hearing about it days later, when these photos suddenly pop up? Why didn’t we hear about it when it actually happened? Why would the Ukrainians have kept quiet about it? If they were hitting the Russians like this, they must have known what they were doing. They’re in desperate need of victories (just look at their efforts at Snake Island), so why didn’t they announce this one?

Especially considering the timing! If true, this has to have happened around the 9th of may. Just consider the impact of such a Russian defeat around that date. Why didn’t the Ukrainians, or the Americans, show the world then, with clear proof, of what had happened, just after it had? That would have been a massive propaganda victory. Yet neither of them did. Which is also a kind of proof.

Instead, all we have are some weak Ukrainian claims, well after the fact, combined with photos of dubious provenance, which don’t appear to show what it is claimed they show (Russian losses). It all reeks of improvisation.

All in all, I find it extremely unlikely that these are Russian losses, and highly likely to be Ukrainian ones.

GarryB, Firebird, flamming_python, Arrow, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs and like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Fri May 13, 2022 5:43 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:What you think or what I think doesn't matter at all. Yuri Podolyaka is the most watched and most wanted Russian blogger when it comes to the situation in Ukraine, and he himself says that all those Russian vehicles were destroyed - 73 vehicles in total. He also says in that video link that the Russian army also has catastrophic problems with night sights, lack of combat drones, etc. All these are not my words but the words of Yuri Podolyaka.

If thats the case, then Podolyaka is either an idiot or his account has been hacked Razz

I won't accept that Russia is using a heap of old BMP-1s in this operation.  Simply. Don't. Believe. It.

GarryB, flamming_python, kvs, Sprut-B, Mir, Broski, Arkanghelsk and like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri May 13, 2022 5:45 pm

Orlan 10 getting sall dumb ammunitions. Was about the time to come up with such simple idea. Ukrainian quadcopter drones have similar stuff that work pretty well.

GunshipDemocracy likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri May 13, 2022 5:55 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 36 Img_2088

While everyone is focused on a tactical action of some river

Severodonetsk came under the approach of LDR

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, Sprut-B, Eugenio Argentina, Hole, Podlodka77 and ucmvulcan like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Fri May 13, 2022 6:20 pm

Big_Gazza wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:What you think or what I think doesn't matter at all. Yuri Podolyaka is the most watched and most wanted Russian blogger when it comes to the situation in Ukraine, and he himself says that all those Russian vehicles were destroyed - 73 vehicles in total. He also says in that video link that the Russian army also has catastrophic problems with night sights, lack of combat drones, etc. All these are not my words but the words of Yuri Podolyaka.

If thats the case, then Podolyaka is either an idiot or his account has been hacked Razz

I won't accept that Russia is using a heap of old BMP-1s in this operation.  Simply. Don't. Believe. It.

Some of the BMP-1s look distinctly like UA medevac APCs.

Anyway, seems obvious that there is a mix of RU and UA vehicles there, and it was a clash that lasted for at least a week. At the end the RU side won, and UA dare not go near, hence their distant aerophotography.

I don't buy the lazy "human waves" narrative at all, nor that criticism from Russian commentators mean that they simply bought Ukrainian BS accounts wholesale.

One has to realize that there are lots of people among these Russian commentators who actually want to create public outrage in order to pressure command to shape operations more to their liking.

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, ALAMO, GunshipDemocracy, VARGR198, Sprut-B and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri May 13, 2022 6:45 pm

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:
    One has to realize that there are lots of people among these Russian commentators who actually want to create public outrage in order to pressure command to shape operations more to their liking.

You name those two jobless folks, who live their lives on grants given by the public.
    The more drama, the more cash flow.

What's more, both lived in some places in the existing Ukraine, and want it back.

None of them is objective, and both of them are very heavy on ideology.

The pressure they are trying to put on the Russian command and decision-makers is obvious and clear.

Just keep that in mind while watching the content folks.

sepheronx, GarryB, flamming_python, MMBR, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Hinex1988

Post  Hinex1988 Fri May 13, 2022 6:54 pm

🇷🇺🇺🇦Briefing by Russian Defence Ministry

▫The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation continue the special military operation in Ukraine.

💥High-precision air-based missiles of the Russian Aerospace Forces have destroyed the headquarters of the territorial defence and battalion of the 24th Mechanized Brigade near Zolotoe and Vrubovka, Lugansk People's Republic.

▫In addition, 32 areas of manpower and military equipment concentration and 1 ammunition depot near Krasnopavlovka, Kharkov Region, have been hit.

▫The attacks have resulted in the elimination of more than 300 nationalists and up to 37 armoured and motor vehicles.

✈💥Operational-tactical and army aviation have hit 3 AFU command posts, as well as 52 areas of manpower and military equipment concentration.

💥Missile troops and artillery have hit 17 command posts, as well as 370 areas of manpower and military equipment concentration and 5 artillery units at firing positions.

💥Russian air defence means have shot down 3 Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles near Krasnopolie, Malaya Kamyshevakha, Kharkov Region, and Gorlovka, Donetsk People's Republic.

📊In total, 165 Ukrainian aircraft and 125 helicopters, 845  unmanned aerial vehicles, 304 anti-aircraft missile systems, 3,039 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 369 multiple launch rocket systems, 1,498 field artillery and mortars, as well as 2,882 units of special military vehicles were destroyed during the operation.

#MoD #Russia #Ukraine #Briefing
    @mod_russia_en

sepheronx, GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, Hole and Broski like this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Fri May 13, 2022 6:59 pm

In the village of Dolgenkoye, Kharkiv region, liberated from the Armed Forces tonight, the tormented body of a woman was found. The victim was brutally raped and then killed.

The corpse was found in one of the former strongholds of Ukrainian nationalists, and now the Network is demanding to establish the very unit that was based there. People are asking to find the killers and destroy all those involved in this atrocity, without taking anyone prisoner.

https://t.me/shot_shot/39586

GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, VARGR198, Sprut-B, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Fri May 13, 2022 7:04 pm

This is a recent write-up on the situation that makes a lot of sense given the material:
    https://rwasamizdat.substack.com/p/what-really-happened-at-the-seversky

Broadly corresponds to what I mentioned above, including decisive RU victory, but also that most "RU" losses actually were Republican ditto, but rather small overall still. UA lost just as many, if not more. When all is added up from all sides, from a week or so of fighting, then you have the scene presented now.

Two independent private sources on the ground have stated to me that Allied Forces vehicle losses were “around 20” and “fewer than two dozen”, respectively, with casualties between 30 and 50

Last edited by Dr.Snufflebug on Fri May 13, 2022 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, kvs, Ispan, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Fri May 13, 2022 7:06 pm

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:
    Big_Gazza wrote:

Some of the BMP-1s look distinctly like UA medevac APCs.

Anyway, seems obvious that there is a mix of RU and UA vehicles there, and it was a clash that lasted for at least a week. At the end the RU side won, and UA dare not go near, hence their distant aerophotography.

I don't buy the lazy "human waves" narrative at all, nor that criticism from Russian commentators mean that they simply bought Ukrainian BS accounts wholesale.

The most important question is: where are the corpses in these photos? Obviously, if the Russian army crashed there, there must be a lot of corpses. We know for sure that the Ukrainian army practically does not evacuate the bodies of the dead from the battlefield. But we know who is involved in the evacuation: Russia. And IF we don't see the bodies of the dead soldiers, it means they were evacuated by Russian troops. This means that Russia controlled the battlefield so confidently that it could afford to send evacuation teams there to remove the bodies.

And it is not even necessary to consider the destroyed equipment, most of which looks and is located as if it was specially assembled in clusters to create a picture of military defeat.

Or, more likely, it is the equipment that was knocked out in previous collisions at the crossing, which was pushed aside when crossing the river. So it can be tanks and armored personnel carriers of Ukraine, Russia, DPR, and then we see the total picture of the losses of the two opposing sides as a result of days of fighting for an important area.

It is impossible to identify the ownership of the burned armored vehicles by several photos from the drone, especially since such armored vehicles could repeatedly change hands as military trophies.

sepheronx, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Ispan, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Fri May 13, 2022 7:12 pm

Eugenio Argentina wrote:In the village of Dolgenkoye, Kharkiv region, liberated from the Armed Forces tonight, the tormented body of a woman was found. The victim was brutally raped and then killed.

The corpse was found in one of the former strongholds of Ukrainian nationalists, and now the Network is demanding to establish the very unit that was based there. People are asking to find the killers and destroy all those involved in this atrocity, without taking anyone prisoner.

today, in connection with this news, there were also comments in social networks that this is far from the only such case, and there are entire villages where Ukrainian soldiers first killed men, and then mocked women, eventually killing them as well.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Odin of Ossetia, VARGR198, Sprut-B and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri May 13, 2022 7:48 pm

Scorpius wrote:
    Eugenio Argentina wrote:In the village of Dolgenkoye, Kharkiv region, liberated from the Armed Forces tonight, the tormented body of a woman was found. The victim was brutally raped and then killed.

today, in connection with this news, there were also comments in social networks that this is far from the only such case, and there are entire villages where Ukrainian soldiers first killed men, and then mocked women, eventually killing them as well.

Well, after the command post was hit by an ATGM and a lot of naked men run away they want to prove that not all of them are LGBTQ+²

flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs and Sprut-B like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri May 13, 2022 7:56 pm

Huge breakthrough occurring to the west of Izyum, Slavyansk is under approach

GarryB, Big_Gazza, littlerabbit, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski and bitch_killer like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:37 am