Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+80
Podlodka77
TMA1
onwiththewar
Urluber
Walther von Oldenburg
George1
0nillie0
SolidarityWithRussia
thegopnik
ATLASCUB
ludovicense
Azi
Ned86
gc3762
Kiko
d_taddei2
The-thing-next-door
mnrck
Odin of Ossetia
ArgentinaGuard
Scorpius
RTN
GunshipDemocracy
Broski
Fred333
LMFS
kvs
medo
OminousSpudd
Airbornewolf
Werewolf
mnztr
psg
nero
flamming_python
Sprut-B
MonkeymodelBananaRepublic
ult
lancelot
dionis
Erk
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Sujoy
Stealthflanker
ahmedfire
nomadski
par far
PhSt
caveat emptor
SeigSoloyvov
Eugenio Argentina
andalusia
GarryB
Big_Gazza
crod
franco
JohninMK
Arrow
Regular
Ispan
diabetus
Dr.Snufflebug
Firebird
PapaDragon
limb
sepheronx
calripson
Belisarius
mr_hd
Arkanghelsk
lyle6
ucmvulcan
Hole
VARGR198
Serberus
ALAMO
Isos
owais.usmani
Hinex1988
Mir
84 posters

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2


    Posts : 2529
    Points : 2705
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  d_taddei2 Fri May 13, 2022 8:34 pm

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Fb_img32

    Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, VARGR198, Sprut-B, LMFS, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Belisarius like this post

    littlerabbit
    littlerabbit


    Posts : 179
    Points : 179
    Join date : 2017-07-03
    Location : Serbia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  littlerabbit Fri May 13, 2022 8:44 pm

    caveat emptor wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:NATO couldn't beat Russia on any battlefield thus far they have encountered each other

    The same trio of clowns US UK And France who faced Russia in Syria couldn't hold onto East Bank of Euphrates , Qamishli or Raqqah

    The US barely held onto AL Tanf

    In Libya the wagner group stopped the GNA cold and a regiment of su24 stopped the NATO supported forces from leaving Tripoli

    In CAR and Mali, Wagner pushed out Barkhane French forces

    So where has NATO won even one single engagement against Russia?

    In Ukraine, Russia is decimating a 700,000 NATO equipped and trained force which was mobilized, trained and armed by NATO standard

    In reality it doesn't look good for NATO at all

    To this day, we haven't seen one successful campaign conducted by NATO against Russia

    NATO fanboys cling to fantasy and propaganda , but stay silent on Libya, Syria, and Ukraine
    Bro, i understand that you are Russian, but tone it down a little. You're going from state of complete exuberance to utter defeatism and back. 😄

    That's the Russian and Serbian way. Very Happy

    We Serbs are even worse, you wouldn't believe.  Laughing

    GunshipDemocracy, Broski, bitch_killer and caveat emptor like this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 6731
    Points : 6809
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  flamming_python Fri May 13, 2022 9:11 pm

    The symphony of the Russophobes at Azovstal'

    Doomed and under Russian bombardment. The piece is an excellent accompaniment

    https://t.me/RTllery/2866

    kvs and Arkanghelsk like this post

    Ispan
    Ispan


    Posts : 482
    Points : 496
    Join date : 2015-07-10
    Age : 45
    Location : Madrid

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  Ispan Fri May 13, 2022 9:29 pm


    Here's a reply I wrote in a forum regarding tanks, antitank missiles, tactics and the current war, hope it translates well back into english.

    There's a lot of myths and outright lies about it, so I attempted to set the record straight based on observed facts and available data and not wild claims

    https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2022/05/13/tanques-y-armas-antitanque/

    Hope is of interest and comments welcome. I am not entirely an expert so corrections accepted and welcome.

    As an afterthought, I am thinking the heyday of the antitank missile is over, and bazookas are obsolete.

    The effectiveness of a shaped charge warhead is dependent of it's diameter wich means a bigger size and weight. Adding a tandem charge only adds to the weight.

    Just like wheeled antitank guns eventually disappeared as they became too heavy and unmaneuverable, so shaped charge antitank launchers have become ever bigger. The smaller sizes cannot penetrate reactive armor, only with multiple hits exposing an area. The bigger became too heavy. Lots of Javelins abandoned because the bloody thing is too heavy.

    And the Russians haven't started using active countermeasures. The vaunted Javelin IR guidance probably is affected by smoke and fires and could be confused by flares as airplanes use. Ukrops complaint it's useless in urban warfare and must not be working as advertised because Russian tanks don't seem to have much problem with them. The British NLAW is even worse, and all the Cold War stuff as obsolete as the bazooka.

    GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, VARGR198, MonkeymodelBananaRepublic, Sprut-B and like this post

    avatar
    Dr.Snufflebug


    Posts : 415
    Points : 415
    Join date : 2017-12-27

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  Dr.Snufflebug Fri May 13, 2022 10:11 pm

    Allied forces (both federal and republican) are moving surprisingly fast now towards hohol-Nazi-held Slavyansk.

    sepheronx, GarryB, Firebird, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 6424
    Points : 6412
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 46
    Location : Scholzistan

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  Hole Fri May 13, 2022 10:20 pm

    flamming_python wrote:The symphony of the Russophobes at Azovstal'

    Doomed and under Russian bombardment. The piece is an excellent accompaniment

    https://t.me/RTllery/2866

    Begging the "international community" to get them out because of "humanitarian reasons". Shit. The same community that burned down
    Fallujah, killing scores of civilians. There was not a single "green corridor" established to bring civilians(!) out. And now the f...ing west
    sheds tears about war criminals!

    sepheronx, GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Odin of Ossetia and like this post

    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 6424
    Points : 6412
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 46
    Location : Scholzistan

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  Hole Fri May 13, 2022 10:25 pm

    Ispan wrote:
    Here's a reply I wrote in a forum regarding tanks, antitank missiles, tactics and the current war, hope it translates well back into english.

    There's a lot of myths and outright lies about it, so I attempted to set the record straight based on observed facts and available data and not wild claims

    https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2022/05/13/tanques-y-armas-antitanque/

    Hope is of interest and comments welcome. I am not entirely an expert so corrections accepted and welcome.

    As an afterthought, I am thinking the heyday of the antitank missile is over, and bazookas are obsolete.

    The effectiveness of a shaped charge warhead is dependent of it's diameter wich means a bigger size and weight. Adding a tandem charge only adds to the weight.

    Just like wheeled antitank guns eventually disappeared as they became too heavy and unmaneuverable, so shaped charge antitank launchers have become ever bigger. The smaller sizes cannot penetrate reactive armor, only with multiple hits exposing an area. The bigger became too heavy. Lots of Javelins abandoned because the bloody thing is too heavy.

    And the Russians haven't started using active countermeasures. The vaunted Javelin IR guidance probably is affected by smoke and fires and could be confused by flares as airplanes use. Ukrops complaint it's useless in urban warfare and must not be working as advertised because Russian tanks don't seem to have much problem with them. The British NLAW is even worse, and all the Cold War stuff as obsolete as the bazooka.

    Lets say the western way of using AT weapons. Javelin is a one-trick pony. NLAW can be used against other stuff but... Man, it´s from Little Britain!

    The RPG-7 is still useful, has a lot of different ammunition. Also all russian ATGM´s come with different warheads. Kornet and Krizanthema can still kill tanks head on but can also be used against fortifications or buildings or even drones.

    Try to shoot down a drone with a Javelin! Laughing

    GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Ispan, MonkeymodelBananaRepublic and like this post

    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 6424
    Points : 6412
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 46
    Location : Scholzistan

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  Hole Fri May 13, 2022 10:26 pm

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Fspiqt10
    Trolling, the russian way Laughing

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Fsoivw10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Fspykm10

    GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, LMFS, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 6424
    Points : 6412
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 46
    Location : Scholzistan

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  Hole Fri May 13, 2022 10:27 pm

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Fsqmf-10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Fsqmmm10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Fsqmql10

    GarryB, d_taddei2, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B and like this post

    avatar
    Dr.Snufflebug


    Posts : 415
    Points : 415
    Join date : 2017-12-27

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  Dr.Snufflebug Fri May 13, 2022 10:51 pm

    Dr.Snufflebug wrote:Allied forces (both federal and republican) are moving surprisingly fast now towards hohol-Nazi-held Slavyansk.

    I can't get over the fact that Biden wanted to splash another $40bn one some eastern euro nazi rednecks, while his own voter base is starving at home.

    I can't get over the fact that in Bidens inclusive democratic America you can get fired and socially cancelled for addressing somebody with the "wrong" gender pronoun, while he splashes $40bn on people who are so "based" in the pronoun game even the republican opposition would blush.

    They'd probably try to kill most of the Democratic voter base on sight. So Biden's starving his own supporters at home, by sending their money to people in a country faraway who oppose everything they are and stand for.

    America, f**k yeah.

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, MonkeymodelBananaRepublic, Sprut-B, LMFS and like this post

    avatar
    Dr.Snufflebug


    Posts : 415
    Points : 415
    Join date : 2017-12-27

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  Dr.Snufflebug Fri May 13, 2022 11:01 pm

    Dr.Snufflebug wrote:
    Dr.Snufflebug wrote:Allied forces (both federal and republican) are moving surprisingly fast now towards hohol-Nazi-held Slavyansk.

    I can't get over the fact that Biden wanted to splash another $40bn one some eastern euro nazi rednecks, while his own voter base is starving at home.

    I can't get over the fact that in Bidens inclusive democratic America you can get fired and socially cancelled for addressing somebody with the "wrong" gender pronoun, while he splashes $40bn on people who are so "based" in the pronoun game even the republican opposition would blush.

    They'd probably try to kill most of the Democratic voter base on sight. So Biden's starving his own supporters at home, by sending their money to people in a country faraway who oppose everything they are and stand for.

    America, f**k yeah.

    History often repeats itself.

    Usama bin Ladin went from brave anti-Soviet warrior supported by the U.S. (featured on U.S. news frontpages in the 80's, hey they even made propaganda blockbuster movies, like that Rocky V was it?)... To terrorist scum 10-15 years later.

    You think the U.S. public, taxpayers had approved of that support if they'd been made savvy of just who bin Ladin and his crew were, their views on women etc?

    Yeah, enough, you know how it is. Infuriating, decade after decade.

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, MonkeymodelBananaRepublic, Sprut-B and Broski like this post

    avatar
    Dr.Snufflebug


    Posts : 415
    Points : 415
    Join date : 2017-12-27

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  Dr.Snufflebug Fri May 13, 2022 11:06 pm

    Last PO'd remark: It really is the empire of lies, as I think Lavrov said.

    sepheronx, GarryB, Firebird, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B and like this post

    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy


    Posts : 5326
    Points : 5350
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri May 13, 2022 11:42 pm

    Arkanghelsk wrote:Huge breakthrough occurring to the west of Izyum, Slavyansk is under approach


    perhaps one line from the last MoD briefing helps:
    Missile troops and artillery units hit 15 command posts, 520 areas of concentration of manpower and military equipment, six artillery units in firing positions, as well as a missile weapons depot near the village of Shebelinka, Kharkiv region.

    https://z.mil.ru/spec_mil_oper/news/more.htm?id=12421430@egNews






    BMP-3 100mm gun effectiveness. Is there any info/analysis yet about effectiveness of 100mm gun mounted on BMP-3 in anti-ukro fighting?



    Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, LMFS and Broski like this post

    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy


    Posts : 5326
    Points : 5350
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat May 14, 2022 12:01 am

    US-made air defense warning and indication radar were destroyed in the Kharkov region.

    https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/14615133


    Kh-131 ? or RuAF keeps still using Kh-25PMU?





    ALAMO wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

    Gerasimov will have to wait, I have Dvornikov on hold on the line waiting patiently already for me to finish typing up this post.

    Gerasimov is wounded, you silly!
    Don't pretend to call Shoigu either, as the one is dead!
    And don't try with Putin, as he has cancer and Parkinson and Alzheimer and and and and and.
    Just ... don't!
    Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Just ask UNIAN, they will tell you how things are out there! welcome



    In fact the situation is too grave that neither of   dead/wounded nor  just busy top brass can help here.

    We need to ask the  forum experts    respekt respekt respekt

    littlerabbit, LMFS and Broski like this post

    Isos
    Isos


    Posts : 9415
    Points : 9399
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  Isos Sat May 14, 2022 12:50 am

    Artillery indicator radars have small ranges and are close to the front. They can be destroyed by Smerch pretty easily or even small drones.

    No need to waste kh-31 which isn't a cheap missile. Kh-25 can also do the job.

    Early kh-31 if I'm not wrong had removable warheads to switch for different radars. Chinese made a universal one for their copy version. Russian latest versions should also be improve on that point. So kh-31 isn't the best option here.
    Erk
    Erk


    Posts : 592
    Points : 603
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Empire of Lies

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  Erk Sat May 14, 2022 1:08 am

    What do you think of these "Brimstone" missiles the British are sending to Ukraine?

    About 40km range when launched from the ground, and a 6kg warhead, bit more powerful than a Hellfire.

    The thing that got me was you can launch them from a truck or whatever, so they can be hidden easily.

    https://southfront.org/new-footage-shows-kiev-forces-launching-british-made-brimstone-missiles-from-modified-truck/
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy


    Posts : 5326
    Points : 5350
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat May 14, 2022 1:32 am

    Isos wrote:Artillery indicator radars have small ranges and are close to the front. They can be destroyed by Smerch pretty easily or even small drones.

    No need to waste kh-31 which isn't a cheap missile. Kh-25 can also do the job.

    Early kh-31 if I'm not wrong had removable warheads to switch for different radars. Chinese made a universal one for their copy version. Russian latest versions should also be improve on that point. So kh-31 isn't the best option here.

    "US-made air defense warning and indication radar were destroyed in the Kharkov region."


    I thought it might be a part of their AAD so AA missile launchers could be around...

    GarryB and Hole like this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12204
    Points : 12264
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  PapaDragon Sat May 14, 2022 1:43 am

    flamming_python wrote:...Russia needs to balance between the war effort and its civilian economy, and it's a delicate balance indeed. Especially as the stand-off with the West can go on for years and the amount of theaters can expand beyond just the Ukrainian one.

    Arkanghelsk wrote:...I already have caught on to how these "Pro Russian" channels are working and they are using Ukrainian propaganda to justify a greater war effort...

    Not to waste too much time waxing strategic but it's a well known fact that general approach to dealing with Russia is to try and get her to overextend and overcommit in several locations in order to create military and financial exhaustion (worked on Soviets swimmingly, helped by Soviets themselves having colossal inferiority complex)

     
    This is why current approach is the right one: keep the war small but keep it going for month and years, keep killing Nazis, be careful with losses, watch the economy and pricetags and keep majority of military on standby to make sure they don't try anything funny elsewhere

    And while more Republicans are getting killed than needed (training and discipline obviously) we need to remember that it's these people who are supposed be running the show on local level once this is all done, everything has a price especially political power

    Money, hardware and public support is there in Russia and this is what matters and what gives them room to work



    As it is now it's Ukrainians that are getting shredded, EU and USA are flushing money down the toilet while Russia is making money (USA is making money also but it's separate thing)

    This war is popular in EU and USA for now but no news stays fresh news and after a while folks will stop giving a shit which will be another dick up Ukrainian ass



    None of this excuses Russian Plan-A which was epic stupidity for which heads should roll but at least they seem to have gotten their heads out of their asses

    Work smarter, not harder


    franco, MonkeymodelBananaRepublic, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Belisarius like this post

    VARGR198
    VARGR198


    Posts : 362
    Points : 366
    Join date : 2015-08-09

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  VARGR198 Sat May 14, 2022 1:50 am


    Anyone aware of why this unit would be equiped with these rifles instead of AK74s
    sepheronx
    sepheronx


    Posts : 7328
    Points : 7594
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 32
    Location : Canada

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  sepheronx Sat May 14, 2022 1:55 am

    Maybe by choice? There is no shortage of AKM's, AK-74's and tons of weapons they managed to capture from Ukrainians.

    There is just the LDNR guys that like to use those rifles. Still accurate and effective of course.

    d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, VARGR198, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

    Isos
    Isos


    Posts : 9415
    Points : 9399
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  Isos Sat May 14, 2022 1:59 am

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    Isos wrote:Artillery indicator radars have small ranges and are close to the front. They can be destroyed by Smerch pretty easily or even small drones.

    No need to waste kh-31 which isn't a cheap missile. Kh-25 can also do the job.

    Early kh-31 if I'm not wrong had removable warheads to switch for different radars. Chinese made a universal one for their copy version. Russian latest versions should also be improve on that point. So kh-31 isn't the best option here.

    "US-made air defense warning and indication radar were destroyed in the Kharkov region."


    I thought it might be a part of their AAD so AA missile launchers  could be around...

    As far as I know they sent only artillery locator radars.

    What do you think of these "Brimstone" missiles the British are sending to Ukraine?

    About 40km range when launched from the ground, and a 6kg warhead, bit more powerful than a Hellfire.

    The thing that got me was you can launch them from a truck or whatever, so they can be hidden easily.

    How do they lock onto targets from the ground ? Must useless missiles.

    Big_Gazza, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf


    Posts : 1011
    Points : 1079
    Join date : 2014-02-05
    Location : https://odysee.com/@airbornewolf:8

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  Airbornewolf Sat May 14, 2022 2:01 am

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Captu113

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, LMFS and like this post

    LMFS
    LMFS


    Posts : 4491
    Points : 4491
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  LMFS Sat May 14, 2022 2:02 am

    Dr.Snufflebug wrote:Allied forces (both federal and republican) are moving surprisingly fast now towards hohol-Nazi-held Slavyansk.

    True, but I guess it is not so surprising, once you consider how many drafts of ukie cannon fodder have been annihilated before the Russians advanced into that area... poor nazis and their daddies in the West surely have the right to feel cheated

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

    avatar
    diabetus


    Posts : 169
    Points : 172
    Join date : 2014-04-20

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  diabetus Sat May 14, 2022 2:03 am

    Isos wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    Isos wrote:Artillery indicator radars have small ranges and are close to the front. They can be destroyed by Smerch pretty easily or even small drones.

    No need to waste kh-31 which isn't a cheap missile. Kh-25 can also do the job.

    Early kh-31 if I'm not wrong had removable warheads to switch for different radars. Chinese made a universal one for their copy version. Russian latest versions should also be improve on that point. So kh-31 isn't the best option here.

    "US-made air defense warning and indication radar were destroyed in the Kharkov region."


    I thought it might be a part of their AAD so AA missile launchers  could be around...

    As far as I know they sent only artillery locator radars.

    What do you think of these "Brimstone" missiles the British are sending to Ukraine?

    About 40km range when launched from the ground, and a 6kg warhead, bit more powerful than a Hellfire.

    The thing that got me was you can launch them from a truck or whatever, so they can be hidden easily.

    How do they lock onto targets from the ground ? Must useless missiles.

    GPS.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2


    Posts : 2529
    Points : 2705
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  d_taddei2 Sat May 14, 2022 2:11 am

    VARGR198 wrote:
    Anyone aware of why this unit would be equiped with these rifles instead of AK74s

    Assault rifles are good for assaulting buildings, but for defending buildings an accurate bolt action rifle is effective longer range and more accurate and still packs a punch. When I did my FIBUA training there was a lot of sneaky tactics and sniper and marksman rifles were key at picking off enemy, you can't shoot at an enemy you can't see, plenty of places to hide, accuracy and range play an important part in FIBUA training. Clearing rooms you want a fully automatic weapon, grenades etc, but defending a building your main objective is to take out the enemy before they get close enough to assault it. Troops on bottom floors will be armed with assault rifles upper levels sniper, marksman rifles, LMG, GPMG. Old bolt action rifles, and SKS will still be useful in these roles.

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK, Odin of Ossetia, VARGR198 and like this post


    Sponsored content


    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #15

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue May 24, 2022 12:13 pm