Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+79
Cyrus the great
Broski
billybatts91
psg
eridan
mr_hd
Ned86
jhelb
Karl Haushofer
ahmedfire
Airbornewolf
Odin of Ossetia
andalusia
11E
medo
limb
ludovicense
Mir
Stealthflanker
mnrck
Eugenio Argentina
Rodion_Romanovic
TMA1
owais.usmani
Scorpius
PhSt
LMFS
ult
GarryB
Pacense
lyle6
Ispan
mavaff
Belisarius
Arrow
Firebird
sundoesntrise
Serberus
d_taddei2
Erk
Dr.Snufflebug
calripson
Hinex1988
Big_Gazza
franco
VARGR198
GunshipDemocracy
Yugo90
walle83
caveat emptor
Azi
PapaDragon
Urluber
ATLASCUB
JohninMK
nomadski
Podlodka77
kvs
ucmvulcan
diabetus
par far
Hole
SolidarityWithRussia
lancelot
RTN
Sujoy
Werewolf
Isos
teh_beard
sepheronx
mnztr
SeigSoloyvov
Regular
MMBR
Arkanghelsk
flamming_python
zorobabel
George1
ALAMO
83 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14 - Page 28 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14

Post  caveat emptor Mon May 02, 2022 3:55 am

Stealthflanker wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:Something that looks like a plain droping flares, over Belgorod.
    https://t.me/istorijaoruzija/60127

Yeah looks like flare indeed.

RWA tho think it's air defense engaging something so those bright light could be explosion in short succession.
    Only if this is some sort of a drone swarm.
    LMFS
    LMFS

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14 - Page 28 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14

Post  LMFS Mon May 02, 2022 4:26 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14 - Page 28 01-05

dino00, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon May 02, 2022 4:37 am

Private manufacturers of various sizes are sending donations to fighters in DNR/LNR and Russian forces too.

From optics, thermals, walkie-talkings, high-end clothing to weapons

One of the recent ones was a generous batch of AR-15 type rifles by this company below

https://sestroretsk-arms.ru/

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14 - Page 28 Image57

Say whatever you want, but I would rather have a civvie AR-15 with sports trigger built by a well-established, but still small company rather than a rusty museum SKS or Mosin with a spongy trigger, especially knowing that most of the fighting is in an urban environment where sporadic firefights can erupt anywhere. Holosun optics and those massive cans are a nice touch too.

How separatist forces started

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14 - Page 28 Image60

and what they are getting in large quantities from crowdfunding like MMO Veche.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14 - Page 28 Image58

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14 - Page 28 Image59

NV/Thermal optics and drones are most wanted. It kinda shows that DNR/LNR were caught with their pants down (no excuse here), I see no reason why Russia couldn't have created mini Israel out of them.

kvs, Odin of Ossetia, Sprut-B, Broski, Belisarius and caveat emptor like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Mon May 02, 2022 5:06 am

What's the over under on days until Russia is accused of using nuclear, biological, or chemical weaponry?

https://news.yahoo.com/kinzinger-introduces-aumf-defend-ukraine-165409177.html
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon May 02, 2022 5:12 am

Hole wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14 - Page 28 Frrzex10

Best way to deal with stereotypes is to live it thumbsup

Also hardcover, nice

Regular, Big_Gazza, Sprut-B, Hole, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Mon May 02, 2022 6:08 am

ucmvulcan wrote:What's the over under on days until Russia is accused of using nuclear, biological, or chemical weaponry?

https://news.yahoo.com/kinzinger-introduces-aumf-defend-ukraine-165409177.html

I don't think they need the AUMF bill, if Russia uses nukes it will be against NATO not Ukraine. ie. against the puppet masters not the puppets.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Mon May 02, 2022 6:23 am

diabetus wrote:

That's highly unusual for even somewhat modern field artillery if you can't swap the barrels in the field.

They can swap them in the field just fine. The Russians are simply flexing their bottomless stocks and the capacity of their logistics by shipping entire fresh guns from bumfuck Russia to halfway around the world, then repeating the same with dilapidated guns. More jobs that way too. Twisted Evil

sepheronx, GarryB, kvs, MMBR, Sprut-B, LMFS, Hole and like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon May 02, 2022 7:05 am

lyle6 wrote:
    diabetus wrote:

That's highly unusual for even somewhat modern field artillery if you can't swap the barrels in the field.

They can swap them in the field just fine. The Russians are simply flexing their bottomless stocks and the capacity of their logistics by shipping entire fresh guns from bumfuck Russia to halfway around the world, then repeating the same with dilapidated guns. More jobs that way too. Twisted Evil

It does make much more sense to send in fresher gear out to the conflict, take the damaged and or worn out ones back for repair. As it will possibly take time and in doing so, they can make sure they are up and ready in proper condition for if they need to send it back.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, MMBR, Sprut-B, Broski and Belisarius like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon May 02, 2022 8:09 am

There is new technology , and there is old technology . Bunker warfare is from WWI ! So how to use modern tech to defeat Bunker ? Well use Drones , both the flying type and the wheeled type , to deliver a standard grenade into open port - hole or firing hole . Small UCAV or ground vehicle , carried in a back - pack . No need for planes or missiles or bunker- busters or laser guidance or sat-nav . Every Bunker needs a door , at least , and most need port- holes . Most Ukraine Bunkers are open trenches , and vulnerable to air-burst frag rounds by artillery . Is Russia using these ? I wonder ? Does Russia have small robotic ground vehicle ? Or small flying drone ? I know they are available on the market . I am starting to think that , Russia is trying to defeat these troops by letting them surrender , instead of destroying them ?

I think you are being a bit naive... ground based robots approaching trench lines can be destroyed by the people in the trenches.

There are lots of different bunker types... some are for firing positions, but others are places for people in nearby trenches to retreat to when their trenches are under heavy fire... those sorts of bunkers don't have slits or openings because you are not supposed to fight from them, they are a shelter like a bomb shelter.

WWI was a stalemate because artillery and machine guns simply couldn't cope with the trenches because you can build thousands of kms of trenches and when blown up they can be redug...

Fragments only kill people who expose themselves in open trenches... which normally have side trenches you can duck in to when the enemy starts bombing or shelling.

The Orcs have anti armour weapons so ground based robots would not last much longer than just trying to drive up with tanks to deal with the lines of fortification.

Anti tank ground works which will include mines and IEDs would make rushing it with tanks a dumb idea.

Air power and artillery and time will get the job done... is getting the job done...

Javelin is basically an uber expensive version of this same Soviet technology and perhaps not even that effective.

The Russians have not bothered designing a man portable IIR guided anti tank missile because it is enormously expensive and not that reliable in use.

The Soviets used MMW technology to create top attack sensor fused munitions in the late 1980s and in the mid 1990s they added an IR sensor so the munition didn't fire on targets that had already been hit and were burning.

The new LMURs seems to use an IIR sensor with a two way digital datalink so it can be launched at targets and the operate can pick targets while the missile is in flight if it is not locked on before launch... but that is a much heavier missile with a 25km plus range missile with quite a decent warhead.

What rubbish. When did I set up Indian members against Chinese and Chinese against Russians? I avoid those third world scumbags like plague.

There you go building walls between Russia and China, and Russia and India... next you will be trying to suggest better relations with the EU is Russias best solution... ignoring such a solution would require Russian subservience and submission.

Russian relations with the rest of the world means Russia keeps its independence and soverignty and does not need to be anybodys bitch... and the countrys Russia trades with can be independent and soverign too.

That is what multipolar means... independent countries that are not led by any other country or told what they can or cannot do.

Another joke is the plan to train pilots for F-16´s. Lets assume that they don´t get shot down in the second they pass the western border, you need a lot of technicians to get those planes airworthy. Are they trained, too? Nobody knows. Then there is no ground equipment, even "ukrainian" bombs won´t fit to them, all of this must come from the west, again crossing the border and traveling for lots of kilometres to their destinations.

Soviet aircraft continue to be used on suicide missions because they can operate from strips of road and are dispersed... an F-16 trying to operate from such conditions would not last very long at all... Russian recon will detect the rows of men walking down roads inspecting them for stones and bits and pieces that could be sucked in to the air intake and damage the aircraft on takeoff...

The most brutal is the spatznaz operating in Kiev. Thry killed randomly civilians because of this one. Much morevthan what they did in busha yet no one is talking about it.

Random killing of civilians, their own people. Pretty crazy.

The rumours of Russians dressing up as Ukrainian soldiers and trying to infiltrate the rear also got retreating Ukrainian soldiers killed too... but I suspect the intent was to stop the retreats I guess.

What really pisses me off is that that bridges on Dnepr are still standing. Just today, according to Rybar, at Lozovaya another 7 SPG was delivered from the west. Granted ,maybe they didn't come from the west of Dnepr, but isolating everything east of Dnepr will speed up demise of Ukr army in Donbas. Diesel and ammunition will become very scarce. It is a no brainer. I really have a problem understanding logic behind some of the decisions.

The problem is that if you drop all the bridges and roads etc then Kiev will start whining about Holomodor II... Russians trying to starve Ukrainians again...

If the bridges were militarily significant, if effective and powerful weapons were moving forward in bulk then of course they would drop them or at least damage them... but the fact of the matter is that without Leopard Is and M113s a lot of the Orc forces are going to stay in their bunkers... send them these vehicles and load them up with Orc meat and drive towards the enemy... they will be trivial to destroy and max range... the Orcs wont even see what hit them and all the supporting troops moving forward with the armour will be taken out by air power and artillery... the result is getting Orcs killed faster and showing western support for what it is... just accelerating the deaths of Ukrainians.

So the answer for their weird question for how Russia downed more TB-2 than what Ukraine had before is already clear, yet they keep asking. Just WTF.

A better question would be... who is paying for these drones because they are not cheap and seem to get shot down regularly... are they very effective at all?

but the Saker is a crackpot and somebody that writes to earn money, not a good source.

To be fair journalists write to earn money and the fact they led editors almost rewrite their articles shows many are not good sources either.

BTW, acc. to Wikipedia 7 Su-34 shot down so far. I counted 4.

Would not trust Wiki.

Say whatever you want, but I would rather have a civvie AR-15 with sports trigger built by a well-established, but still small company rather than a rusty museum SKS or Mosin with a spongy trigger, especially knowing that most of the fighting is in an urban environment where sporadic firefights can erupt anywhere. Holosun optics and those massive cans are a nice touch too.

How much 556 is there on the front line there?

It kinda shows that DNR/LNR were caught with their pants down (no excuse here), I see no reason why Russia couldn't have created mini Israel out of them.

But Kiev propaganda is that DNR and LNR don't exist and they are actually Russian army soldiers sent by Putin to invade the Ukraine and steal more territory...

t does make much more sense to send in fresher gear out to the conflict, take the damaged and or worn out ones back for repair. As it will possibly take time and in doing so, they can make sure they are up and ready in proper condition for if they need to send it back.

The life time of the recoil management system might be designed to handle x number of barrel lives and we don't know how experienced these guns were when they went in to combat... a full overhaul and barrel replacement would make sense... shipping entire guns is probably slower than just shipping new barrels but it should not be that hard either.

Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, MMBR, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Mon May 02, 2022 8:17 am

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:
    Serberus wrote:
    Also something burning in Belgorod again
    https://t.me/DonbassDevushka/4026

Saw one report of a helo down in the area (unconfirmed)

There were apparently Russian helos patrolling above the city prior to the fire, according to this
    https://t.me/DonbassDevushka/4028

I geolocated it to the tiny village of Kozychevo.

One woman was filming from Kalinino in the direction of Kozychevo, and it's fairly close as it's audible, and there is nothing except that village in that direction for miles.

There was a near-simultaneous small private house fire in the town Bykovka, but that seems like a shashlyk party gone wrong (it's a holiday after all). Some people mixed up the two though.

Anyway, there is nothing on available (outdated, naturally) satellite photos that suggest anything of importance in Kozychevo. It's a few dachas and a farm.

So question is what is burning so ferociously and loud.

Some impromptu ammo depot that was attacked? Or something big that was shot down?

edit: RU MoD says "an object on the territory of the MoD caught fire", and locals say it sounded like an MLRS barrage hitting.

So, I suppose it's the former then. Old farm repurposed as an ammo depot, and possibly the Ukrainians were tipped off about it. It's a bit less than 20km from the UA border.

edit2: Authorities say one local received light injuries.

The governor confirms it:
    https://bel.ru/news/incident/01-05-2022/sem-domov-povrezhdeno-v-rezultate-proisshestviya-pod-belgorodom

"At the confluence of the Belgorod, Borisov and Yakovlevsky districts", it's right where Kozychevo is.

One local injured, no other casualties reported. Seven houses in the village were damaged.

So, the farm just south of the village must have been the "MoD object" in this case, much like the prior old farm that was struck in Staraya Nelidovka.

Using some abandoned buildings as temporary shelters for arms en route is perfectly normal, but I don't get the logic of having them undefended and well within UA strike range. I mean, what advantage does say 20km from the border have over 50km+? An hour of travel time?

Surely by now they must understand that 24/7 U.S. satellite and long-range aerial surveillance is feeding the Ukrainians information about everything? An inconspicuous old kolkhoz row is everything but inconspicuous if there's suddenly military trucks frequenting it.

Odin of Ossetia and Broski like this post

limb

Post  limb Mon May 02, 2022 9:03 am

Ispan wrote:
    limb wrote:
    https://t.me/boris_rozhin/46062

Colonelcassad is making excuses about why popasnaya is so difficult to take. Like 90% of his excuses are "muh 8 years of trenches" and "it's a strategic town". In the comments he's getting clowned on. Patriotic commenters are calling for "degenerals" who don't use precision airstrikes, care more about human shields than their own soldiersrd and don't use flanking attacks to be put on tribunal.

I don't know who you are or if you a troll, but let's set the things straight.

Cassad doesn't make any excuses, the report is from somebody else.

Rozhin is a civilian like me , but I do have an extensive knowledge of artillery and bombs on the technical side and what they can achieve and what not. The reasons for the difficulty in taking those fortified towns are obvious to me, even more so to a trained military professional.

Cannon shells and aerial bombs only make holes in the ground proportional to their size. The depth of cratering is well known thanks to historical experience. Unfortunately if the defenders dig deep enough or pour enough concrete, it's easy to make bomb-proof bunkers. You don't even need concrete to dig deep dugouts able to withstand the heaviest field artillery. Today we have more 15 cm heavy guns than in both world wars thanks to tracked shelf propelled chassis, but even the heaviest 20 cm cannon (the Pion) are not enough to crack those bunkers.

Also, historical experience shows that 90% plus of the artillery shelling is wasted. It causes craters all over the place, but it's pure chance that a shell hits inside a simple dug trench, and even traverses limit the damage. Trenches are notoriously difficult to "plow" with artillery. To eliminate bunkers and pillboxes you need direct hits. This is why the only thing that works is direct fire with tank guns (12 cm caliber), or even better self propelled artillery (15cm), we don't have assault guns anymore like the ISU-152, so as in Azovstal, when the T-64 or T-72 gun rounds are not enough you have to use a self propelled 15 cm in direct fire.

Bunkers might be destroyed with antitank missiles, but these are in short supply and the captured Javelins and LAWs are not enough for these. Shaped charges can penetrate a lot of concrete but are only useful against small pillboxes , at any rate their warheads are smaller than the 125 mm tank run and expose the firer.

Aerial bombs could destroy those bunkers, but simply jets can't deliver bombs with the accuracy needed, only direct hits suffice. Even the WWII dive bombers were ineffective against bunkers. The Stuka strikes at Sedan in 1940 against French bunkers failed. Most of the pillboxes were silenced by direct fire by tank guns and 88 Flak guns.

Not even the Americans could destroy those bunkers with GPS guided bombs, the accuracy is not enough, is less than a Stuka. They could blow up buildings with JDAM bombs, but hitting a pillbox is not guaranteed.

What other precision strikes are available? Laser guided Krasnopol rounds? it may hit the bunker but the shell is not heavy enough.

Popasnaya, Maryinka and Avdeyevka are so hard to take because the Russian command doesn't throw in infantry groups to assault the fortifications with flamethrowers and hand grenades, like it was done at Verdun, Stalingrad or Iwo Jima. There are no troops for it, nor the will to spend hundreds of casualties, the prize is not worth the cost.

They slowly gnaw through it, but the enemy also fights and keeps throwing new troops to relieve and reinforce the garrison of those places. Sometimes it even counterattacks and recovers loss ground, as in Maryinka. The difficulty is not in actually taking ground, but in holding it.

Infantry can't assault those places without paying hundreds of dead and wounded. Tanks and armor can't blast away the bunkers because in the streets they are easy prey for antitank missiles and RPGs. Coordination of artillery, airstrikes, infantry and armor it's very difficult for a ragtag army as the militias are. No Russian regulars here. Perhaps there's more success in Popasnaya because professionals from "Wagner" group are involved, but from the ground it seems that the town is easier than Avdeyevka.

Those places are not impregnable. It's just that there's no will to accept enough casualties to take them, so instead they are gnawed piece by piece until the enemy has enough and gives up some ground. I don't know what's going on there, but I can figure it out what's likely to be happening. And my educated guess is that, despite the inefficacy of the bombardment, holding on those places absorbs entire battalions and a constant attrition of casualties, as historical experience shows. Troops in the dugouts maybe safe from the bombardment, but sentries and food parties and stretcher bearers are exposed and have to run the gauntlet of shelling, as well as reliefs.

I think the Russian command is acting correctly to save the lives of their soldiers, the places should not be attacked at all, but pressure on them commits enemy formations and reserves and is a mill for the Ukrainians. We got confirmation of my guess, a few days ago the Times military correspondent reports that the Ukries have lost two brigades defending the Peski line.

I don't know if the Ukrops have thousands of men inside Maryinka or Adveyevka, Popasnaya as some have claimed, I don't believe it, but given the size at least a few battallions are there and having them worn out and rotated out resulting in hundreds and even low thousands of casualties after weeks to hold on those fortified places is highly likely to be happening. It's frustrating that they cannot be stormed but the attrition goes into the Russian favour, and the fixing of troops needed elsewhere helps the advances in other places.

This applies in more or less degree to all the fortified places the Ukrops hold. Historically fortifications used to be a way of economizing troops, but trench warfare experience shows that holding defensive lines under sustained shelling is actually a blood letting drain on resources. In the end any fortification is only as strong as the defenders that man its ramparts.

152mm Airburst shells can erase a radius of ~100m. They can be used on noncovered trenches. Most ukrainian trenches are non-covered.

Of course tanks can easily destroy fortifications. the 125mm HE shell has a range of 12km in direct fire, much higher than any ATGM. The russians also have thermobaric ATGMs which can destroy very heavy bunkers.

Also the TOS-1 rockets should be able to suffocate any fortification. Russians need to do more than just 200 sorties against these cities. They shopuld make 2000 sorties per day to bomb the bunkers with 1500kg laser guided bombs.

Also Im frustrated that there are no advances from the south when that area isnt fortified.

Odin of Ossetia likes this post

owais.usmani

Post  owais.usmani Mon May 02, 2022 9:26 am

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Odin of Ossetia, Sprut-B, LMFS and like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Mon May 02, 2022 9:42 am

owais.usmani wrote:

The meltdowns in the comments are hilarious.

Speaking of, I am curious about the "Snake Island" radio exchange. We know that the bulk of the story was entirely made up but what about that detail?

The entire "Ghost of Kiev" franchise, with its banners, shirts, coffee mugs etc cracked me up from day one, even more so now, but it would make my entire year if the radio stuff was proven to be a forgery too.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Odin of Ossetia, Sprut-B, Broski and ucmvulcan like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Mon May 02, 2022 9:52 am

What the hell are these?
    https://t.me/intelslava/27530

Grad-P with messed up ammunition? Several of those don't even fly straight.

Regular likes this post

Hinex1988

Post  Hinex1988 Mon May 02, 2022 10:12 am

MoD Russia, [5/2/2022 3:11 PM]
    🇷🇺🇺🇦Briefing by Russian Defence Ministry

▫The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation continue the special military operation in Ukraine.

💥High-precision air-based missiles have hit 38 Ukrainian military facilities.

▫Among them: 4 command posts, 30 strong points, areas of Ukrainian manpower and military equipment concentration, and 3 missile and artillery weapon depots near Pervomaiskoe and Illichovka.

▫Also destroyed: 1 Osa AKM anti-aircraft missile system and 1 battery of multiple rocket launchers near Arkhangelovka.

✈💥Operational-tactical and army aviation of the Russian Aerospace Forces have hit 27 strong points, areas of AFU manpower and military equipment concentration, as well as 1 missile-artillery weapons and ammunition depot near Chervonoe, Zaporozhye Region.

▫The attacks have resulted in the elimination of more than 160 nationalists and up to 26 Ukrainian armoured vehicles.

💥Missile troops have struck 9 strong points and areas of concentration of manpower and equipment, as well as 1 Ukrainian battery of BM-21 Grad MLRS and 1 artillery battery at firing positions during the day.

💥Artillery units have hit 26 command posts, 78 strong points, 359 manpower and equipment concentration areas and 67 artillery firing positions.

▫The attacks have resulted in the elimination of more than 280 nationalists and up to 43 units of AFU weapons and military equipment.

💥Russian air defence means overnight have shot down 10 Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles near Veseloe, Borschevo and Balakleya in Kharkov Region, Kiselevka in Kherson Region, Mayak in Zaporozhye Region, Dokuchaev, Korsun and Khanzhinkovo in Donetsk Region, as well as near Lugansk city.

▫2 Tochka-U tactical missiles were shot down near Petrovskoe in Lugansk People's Republic and 1 Smerch rocket were destroyed near Donetskoe.

▫1 Ukrainian MiG-29 fighter jet has been shot down in an aerial battle near Slavyansk.

📊In total, 146 aircraft and 112 helicopters, 683 unmanned aerial vehicles, 281 anti-aircraft missile systems, 2,756 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 316 multiple launch rocket systems, 1,234 field artillery and mortars, as well as 2,563 units of special military vehicles of the Armed Forces of Ukraine were destroyed during the operation.

#MoD #Russia #Ukraine #Briefing
    @mod_russia_en

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, LMFS, Hole and Broski like this post

MMBR
    MMBR

Post  MMBR Mon May 02, 2022 10:14 am

TOS 1 firing at point blank range at ukr with ATGM: https://twitter.com/ArmchairW/status/1521037033929469953?cxt=HHwWgsCjmfTH55sqAAAA&fbclid=IwAR1ReRSEnKx2R4TOSaW1kKOhHEhmaL3bb3_wzza6JIf466vDmpypAHMnXwY

Viktor Orban banned from twitter: https://twitter.com/GeromanAT/status/1521039106842767361?cxt=HHwWgsC5zcjA6JsqAAAA&fbclid=IwAR12T5fb7pJJhyjrWaqtDlxJBlT-OhPiAsB3C72DAcpieFpTEtU85OSMfzE

Last edited by MonkeymodelBananaRepublic on Mon May 02, 2022 10:36 am; edited 2 times in total

Werewolf, Regular, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza and Sprut-B like this post

Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Mon May 02, 2022 10:32 am

Here is some video of civilians being helped out of the bunker.
    https://southfront.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Azov.mp4

I thought it was a bit odd that the soldier on the bus at the 1:04min mark had a blue arm band. Looks like they let a few masked soldiers out too.

VARGR198 likes this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Mon May 02, 2022 10:39 am

I'm curious of Russia will deploy A-50's to Black Sea. That will be a great help in protecting their asset in Black sea against low flying air threats.

Odin of Ossetia likes this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon May 02, 2022 10:45 am

Erk wrote:Here is some video of civilians being helped out of the bunker.
    https://southfront.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Azov.mp4

I thought it was a bit odd that the soldier on the bus at the 1:04min mark had a blue arm band. Looks like they let a few masked soldiers out too.

Why odd? Ukrainians use blue/green/yellow arm bands
    mr_hd

Post  mr_hd Mon May 02, 2022 10:51 am

It seems two raptors are destroyed by Baryaktars near Snake island.

US announced that war is now going into second phase. Both sides are now aware of each other and is getting more and more difficult to do ambush and cover operations on contact points. Also progress and movements on the front lines is considerably slowed down to almost static. They say now it will be more about long range artillery - and Russian till now have considerable more heavy punch in that area - so it will be now task how to transform Ukrainian army into force that has that gap closed.

There were also news that Ukraine successfully attacked command center near Izyum and eliminated big number of Russian officers - we already know that Ukraine is above average successful in doing that (8 Russian generals were sent in black bags back to Russia from 20 originally that came there at the start).

Now with those huge support packages from EU and US, Ukraine will be more heavily armed and its punch will get more hard and with longer range.
    If Russia does not fast achieve its goals in next 2-3 months window to dictate terms will be closed and Ukraine will take initiative on the ground. Right now they are still not strong enough to make bigger counter attacks but in few months that will exactly be the situation. They are training huge army in the western part of the country - right now they did not have weapons for them but that will also change.

Ukrainian Neptunes already changed balance in the Black sea, even if they have only few of them.
    In UAV fight Ukraine is holding quite well from the start - and their arsenals' includes locally produced UAVs so they are not fully dependent on Turkey there.

UK and Poland are supposed to start sending middles range anti aircraft missiles (range 25-30km) - sky over Ukraine will get more dangerous for Russian aircraft and helicopters.

All in all prospect for Russia with time passage will get worse and west is aware of it.

xeno, Sprut-B, Eugenio Argentina, limb, bitch_killer and Podlodka77 dislike this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Mon May 02, 2022 11:04 am

mr_hd wrote:It seems two raptors are destroyed by Baryaktars near Snake island.

US announced that war is now going into second phase. Both sides are now aware of each other and is getting more and more difficult to do ambush and cover operations on contact points. Also progress and movements on the front lines is considerably slowed down to almost static. They say now it will be more about long range artillery - and Russian till now have considerable more heavy punch in that area - so it will be now task how to transform Ukrainian army into force that has that gap closed.

There were also news that Ukraine successfully attacked command center near Izyum and eliminated big number of Russian officers - we already know that Ukraine is above average successful in doing that (8 Russian generals were sent in black bags back to Russia from 20 originally that came there at the start).

Now with those huge support packages from EU and US, Ukraine will be more heavily armed and its punch will get more hard and with longer range.
    If Russia does not fast achieve its goals in next 2-3 months window to dictate terms will be closed and Ukraine will take initiative on the ground. Right now they are still not strong enough to make bigger counter attacks but in few months that will exactly be the situation. They are training huge army in the western part of the country - right now they did not have weapons for them but that will also change.

Ukrainian Neptunes already changed balance in the Black sea, even if they have only few of them.
    In UAV fight Ukraine is holding quite well from the start - and their arsenals' includes locally produced UAVs so they are not fully dependent on Turkey there.

UK and Poland are supposed to start sending middles range anti aircraft missiles (range 25-30km) - sky over Ukraine will get more dangerous for Russian aircraft and helicopters.

All in all prospect for Russia with time passage will get worse and west is aware of it.

8 Russian generals in black bags? That's right, Russia will cease to exist and will destroy all its S-400s, Sukhoi, Iskander, nuclear submarines and nuclear weapons and Putin will end up in The Hague.
    Go look for a job on CNN, you have a perspective ..

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, Eugenio Argentina, LMFS and like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon May 02, 2022 11:13 am

It seems there's another batch of TB-2's out there. Some videos from UA civilians show them flying again. Two boats is not a big loss for Russi. I wonder how long TB-2 can operate above land again.

About western equipment - too little, too late. It takes time to train operators and with new systems comes various logistic problems. Ukraine to this day has quite a good punch with their current MLRS systems. Anti-air systems are crucial for them. They need help with logistics more than with tanks/artillery.

If Ukraine will survive the push from Russia, then it will all go to a standstill I don't see how Ukraine will be able to go on the offensive. They will face even more problems than Russians.

Also, from 8 generals, only 1 was confirmed. Ukraine claims it killed 11 of them and injured Gerasimov.

GarryB, Broski and ucmvulcan like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Mon May 02, 2022 11:19 am

Regular wrote:It seems there's another batch of TB-2's out there. Some videos from UA civilians show them flying again. Two boats is not a big loss for Russi. I wonder how long TB-2 can operate above land again.

Still. one would wish for some more protection e.g air cover or AEW above the Black Sea.

and Those apocalyptic posting about Russia's fate above can perhaps think a bit on why Ukraine not start hitting Sevastopol itself now considering it's well within range of their TB-2's Or Hit Crimean Bridge.

lancelot and Broski like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Mon May 02, 2022 11:27 am

mr_hd wrote:It seems two raptors are destroyed by Baryaktars near Snake island.

This is another example of Russia acting too logically. "Why should we worry about two small boats, it's not like anyone's going to send a million dollar UCAV half way across the Black sea to attack something that has zero military value"

Well, the Ukrainians are because they need something to show, and they don't care if the UCAVs are shot down, they'll be replenished for free. God knows how many they dispatch left and right that just disappear without yielding any good social media footage.

Only yesterday several were shot down.

You gotta be kidding. The only reason they have UCAVs still flying is that they're constantly getting new deliveries for "free" (US aid money). Everything they had at the start of the conflict was shot down in a week or so.

That's why the recent wrecks are literally fresh off the assembly lines. I mean quite literally, days old.

Last edited by Dr.Snufflebug on Mon May 02, 2022 11:31 am; edited 2 times in total

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, Odin of Ossetia, Sprut-B, LMFS, Hole and like this post

medo
    medo

Post  medo Mon May 02, 2022 11:29 am

Ned86 wrote:it seems one more Su-34 shot down Sad
    https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1519020714937962497

BTW, acc. to Wikipedia 7 Su-34 shot down so far. I counted 4.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_losses_during_the_Russo-Ukrainian_War#:~:text=Ukrainian%20Air%20Force%20%E2%80%93%206%20March,is%20lost%20over%20Brovarsky%2C%20Kyiv.

This could be remains of that one, which crashed in the same time. I would say 3 lost.

GarryB and Big_Gazza like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:03 pm