Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+76
chinggis
11E
Karl Haushofer
Yugo90
teh_beard
owais.usmani
MMBR
Ispan
thegopnik
GunshipDemocracy
psg
ahmedfire
ult
caveat emptor
Ned86
Rodion_Romanovic
Sujoy
crod
LMFS
Airbornewolf
ludovicense
diabetus
wilhelm
Boshoed
Arrow
VARGR198
Odin of Ossetia
Broski
ArgentinaGuard
par far
pavi
kvs
GarryB
Hole
JohninMK
mavaff
Mir
SeigSoloyvov
Urluber
Hinex1988
RTN
ALAMO
lancelot
lyle6
TMA1
Scorpius
mnztr
mnrck
Krepost
Big_Gazza
Erk
Serberus
PhSt
Werewolf
ucmvulcan
ATLASCUB
nomadski
Firebird
Regular
Azi
littlerabbit
franco
sepheronx
Isos
Eugenio Argentina
PapaDragon
Podlodka77
Belisarius
limb
Arkanghelsk
Hannibal Barca
Dr.Snufflebug
flamming_python
Stealthflanker
d_taddei2
zorobabel
80 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 14 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

Post  PapaDragon Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:49 am

sepheronx wrote:
    ucmvulcan wrote:
    Serberus wrote:"If Ukraine continues its provocations by attacking Russian cities, Russia will be forced to declare war against Ukraine” - Dmitri Peskov.

Apart from possible  mobilisations, how would it differ from what is going on now?

My guess? Probably a large increase in troops deployed to Ukraine, a lot more strikes on infrastructure

If it comes to that, which it may because Ukraine likes to call bluffs, could mean that the Russians could target the authorities themselves as well in their campaigns.

They should have done that from the get go and kept repeating until then they got the ones they like in government

owais.usmani, Broski and Serberus like this post

mnztr

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 14 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

Post  mnztr Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:52 am

flamming_python wrote:Well we'll find out soon enough

Night 1 the Russian MoD reported that the ship was damaged, but that the crew was being evacuated
    Night 2 the MoD said it had sunk, but that the crew was evacuated
    Night 3 the MoD will say that most of the crew drowned?

Just drip-feeding bad news instead of admitting everything outright out of fear of enraging the population? Quite possible

It's also quite possible this is a psy-op.

One thing is for sure, its highly unlikely everyone got of the ship. When a ship like that goes down from internal explosions, there will be at least 1/3 of the crew dead. It will be a goddamn miracle if there are not substantial casualties.
    ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:10 am

At the beginning of the conflict I spoke of the importance of the symbolic in any war. The Americans lost a large part of Vietnam due to the media coverage of the Tet Offensive (which was nothing).
    I understand that many people in this forum do not care what they think in the West or in other countries, but it is necessary. Battles are fought in the media and the minds. With the sinking of this ship, a defeatist and dangerous message is carried for the Russian people.
    That's why we have to liquidate guys like Zielinsky or the high-ranking Ukrainian military. You have to show the symbology of the Nazis of Azov. (I still haven't seen executions of these bastards.) I did not see that photos of the biological centers of the United States were exposed on the networks.
    Russia has the best hackers in the world, can't it use them in the communication battle?
    Russia does not care what they think elsewhere. Error.
    Russia should give a shit about other things it seems to "care" about for diplomatic reasons, like killing the enemy president or destroying entire cities to force a surrender.
    The world must see an angry Russia willing to wipe out the whole of Ukraine and drop a nuclear missile on Washington if necessary.
    Today he is showing an image of weakness and I don't see an effective reaction.
    Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:19 am

Up-Armoured truck at a Russian checkpoint

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 14 43d8ab10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 14 5cf18110

GarryB, d_taddei2 and Hole like this post

crod
    crod

Post  crod Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:21 am

ArgentinaGuard wrote:At the beginning of the conflict I spoke of the importance of the symbolic in any war. The Americans lost a large part of Vietnam due to the media coverage of the Tet Offensive (which was nothing).
    I understand that many people in this forum do not care what they think in the West or in other countries, but it is necessary. Battles are fought in the media and the minds. With the sinking of this ship, a defeatist and dangerous message is carried for the Russian people.
    That's why we have to liquidate guys like Zielinsky or the high-ranking Ukrainian military. You have to show the symbology of the Nazis of Azov. (I still haven't seen executions of these bastards.) I did not see that photos of the biological centers of the United States were exposed on the networks.
    Russia has the best hackers in the world, can't it use them in the communication battle?
    Russia should give a shit about other things it seems to "care" about for diplomatic reasons, like killing the enemy president or destroying entire cities to force a surrender.
    The world must see an angry Russia willing to wipe out the whole of Ukraine and drop a nuclear missile on Washington if necessary.

drop a nuke on washington? i mean have you even thought that through?

sepheronx, flamming_python and Mir like this post

ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:31 am

crod wrote:
    ArgentinaGuard wrote:At the beginning of the conflict I spoke of the importance of the symbolic in any war. The Americans lost a large part of Vietnam due to the media coverage of the Tet Offensive (which was nothing).

Yes, I thought very well. Russia must show that it is ready for anything, to end the human life of the enemy. That the Western world experienced fear of the apocalypse in Cuba. And it is justified, since Russia is risking its national destiny, in addition to defending decent civilization from globalist and liberal bullshit.
    I expect a clear message.
    Let's see if Biden and the parasites continue to supply the Ukrainians.

owais.usmani likes this post

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:37 am

Very well thought indeed. lol1

Mir likes this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:45 am

Moskva’s main air def. radar had a 180° fov. The secondary radar had a 360° fov. Perhaps Ukraine managed to fire into the 1st radar’s blind zone and the 2nd radar couldn't detect the missile because it followed a sea skimming trajectory (which is very difficult to detect)
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:04 am

If they where towing a ship that normally sails under its own power double so during a storm that means power was lost

No it doesn't. There are lots of reasons for towing a ship, including the engine or transmission is broken... or there is no one on board...

Or do you think they need someone on board with their foot on the brakes?

THIS HERE should have gotten you all this angry and made you feel rage, your soldiers getting mutilated and castrated not losing some 45 year old obsolete rust bucket built by a country that no longer even exist

You can always build new ships but those boys will never grow new balls

Not to mention these people upset about the pride of the loss.... none of them seem worried about injuries or human casualties...

That kind of firepower does have its uses, and even though the trucks themselves are ancient they are quite mobile.

They are as good a delivery system as much more modern equipment, but the weapon is the rocket... I hope they start with their oldest rockets in stock and work their way through them... no point wasting good stuff on these Orcs.

The US already has something like an airborne artillery plane. The AC-130 has a 105mm M102 howitzer. It has been very effective.

It is actually terrible and totally useless in places where the enemy has any MANPADS at all because with all those guns and ammo on board its low speed and poor performance in terms of operational ceiling means it is horribly vulnerable to MANPADS and other air defences... they have lost 7 or 8 to MANPADS from memory...

And they look very impressive but they are not that effective.

Sure you can execute the Banderastani war criminals. But the ringleaders were also in NATO govts.
    The question then becomes.. how do you apply justice to those vermin?

You get the criminals on the ground that did the war crimes that you have on trial to expose the network above them that ordered and supported them in their actions...

The plant which makes Neptun missiles in Kiev was taken out last night. So I think it's pretty clear that the Ukrainian version of events is accurate.

The Ukrainian version of events was their two missiles hit the Moskva which immediately rolled over and sunk so we know it is not even close to accurate.

The plant was attacked probably because it was on the list to be attacked.

Will you stop acting like a child lashing out?

Lashing out at the US is understandable... they created this situation... this is exactly what they wanted though it isn't going the way they expected because they always under estimate the Russian military and over estimate their own allies and abilities to control and coerce.

It was very stupid to send it that far from Crimea in the first place.

Why?

Low flying subsonic missiles are not a huge threat unless there are other problems.

It would be nice for them if they capture Nikolaiev and take that 4th Slava and modernize it. Super Gorshkov won't come anytime soon and they need such ship in the north to face NATO.

Nice to capture Nikolaiev and burn the place to the ground and tow the 4th Slava out to shallow water and make it a dive site.

Still I'm standing behind Clausewitzh words which implies that war cannot fight to be nice. At the end of the day, the enemy WILL FORCE YOU to be as cruel and unforgiven as it is.

It is western culture to think wars are clean and fair with little to no casualties... of course western soldiers are angels and never commit war crimes or be naughty...

You would think someone interested in Russia and Russian history would have a better understanding of the real world and what wars are actually like.

Clausewitz was not around in the time of real-time media and propaganda war

In this case the enemy with his propaganda dominance over his own territory, is trying to do extreme violent acts in order to put the blame on YOU whether through misinformation or provoking you to do the same back for real

You can counter it only by refusing to do such acts yourself. Hence over time implicating THEM in everything.

You are not getting it.

The enemy is scum and their supporters are scum and it is going to take a lot to defeat the enemy and their supporters will remain safe and protected through all of this.

Taking losses is inevidable, but eliminating the enemy is worth any cost because the alternative is that they will do to all Russians what they are currently doing to captured Russian soldiers.

They were left standing this long into the war?

Jesus Christ, the incompetence...

They were no threat... when a potential threat was revealed by claims from Kiev that threat was eliminated.

They don't want to destroy absolutely everything... they are letting their enemy decide.

Agree with you. Such plant should have been taken out at the begining.

Yes, because anti ship missiles are like Vampires... when you destroy the plant that builds missiles all the missiles they ever made are destroyed too... Rolling Eyes

Probably another 'agreement' with Russia that the Ukrainian side of course or whatever oligarch, decided to go back on at a moment that happened to be convenient for them

That is an interesting point... any oligarch that made a deal with Russia before the war, they should locate all their assets and sources of income... if they turn on Russia... light them up.

So based on what we've seen so far in this war, does Russia plan to cleanse the whole of Ukraine of Neonazi Paramilitary groups or will it be limited to the LPR/DPR territories?

It will hopefully include the entire Black Sea coast...

That's silly.
    It may be that they have damaged it, as some Argentine pilots say, but from there to sinking it, there is no evidence.
    Moreover, there are images of the Invincible, after the conflict.

The British and Americas are such liars I would never instantly dismiss anyone saying they are a liar, but in this case I thought the Argentines did rather well... two destroyers and two frigates and a landing ship and a civilian transport ship is pretty good going for such a small short war.

The Argentine pilots were particularly brave coming in very low behind the radar shadow of the islands to hit ships operating in the harbour and near the islands.

As a result Soviet ships started fitting machine gun mounts around their ships to allow the sailors to set up 12.7mm HMGs to defend the ships...

I hope the MoD is being honest this time. If it isn't, then I can see why, the Russian population is an emotional one - but in my mind it would be yet another misjudgment.

I am sure Putin thought about it a lot and finally realised your mind is already made so trying to please you now would be shutting the gate after the horse has bolted...

He implied no such thing.
    "Footage from earlier today shows Tu-22M3 long range strategic bomber refueling in-air above Vyazma, Russia."
    He's corrected it on his telegram channel.
    He also added a subnote to his tweet saying it's a TU-160.

The Tu-22M3 is not a long range strategic bomber and has no inflight refuelling probe so it can't refuel in flight.

I see too many fans of outright genocide on this forum - but the strategy should be to end the war as quickly as possibly. Shock & awe might have done it if it was used right from the start, but it's too late now and Russia needs to stay the course.

Stay the course from the guy bleating about it being a horrible mistake and it never should have happened because Putin should have convinced them they were Russian too... Rolling Eyes

Nasty but to be expected.

More proof if proof were needed that they are scum...

Where would they get all these corpses from?

The only places Russia withdrew from was in the north, and there was only a month of conflict there. Russia would have retrieved most of its dead itself. Well Russia also withdrew from north of Nikolayev, but that was a minor advance.

The rest of the places Russia has only been advancing in, and even if Russian soldiers were ambushed or an assault was repelled, I doubt anyone would take the time to catalogue all the dead

And how many people have passport photos of their faces as their social media pics? How would they match a dead man's face to any one of millions of social media accounts?

Complete rubbish all this.

Why would you post such information on line except to make it sound like there are a lot more dead Russians than there actually are... note it said dead and captured faces were scanned.

These are people who castrate and murder unarmed prisoners... do you expect more or less from them now?

You can talk shit here, it doesn't affect anything.

It all fits beautifully with your agenda though... it is always Putins fault, or the leadership of the Russian Navy has to go... sounds like you have a problem with authority...

If you bothered to read the article they claim to have identified 582 corpses...

To be fair I didn't read it either... I could care less what the Nazis have to say.

"If Ukraine continues its provocations by attacking Russian cities, Russia will be forced to declare war against Ukraine” - Dmitri Peskov.

Apart from possible mobilisations, how would it differ from what is going on now?

I would expect the effort would shift from saving Ukrainians from Nazi rulers to defending Russia from an external threat, which would mean the eastern ukraine will look like Iraqi cities, as will Kiev once the locals have been given the chance to leave.

If the Nazis don't let them well then that is on the nazis.

And the other important ship was the Sheffield, a destroyer that was the second most modern they had.

The Shefield was a shock because it was the first wasn't it?

Its sister ship was also sunk too...the Conventry....

I refuse to believe in the incompetence of the Russian army. I just think that these shitty Ukrainians were prepared with the best by NATO.

Excuse me, but I am very angry.

Quite rightly so, but hopefully Kiev is dumb enough to try to escalate the conflict with attacks inside Russia (unsuccessful ones obviously) because that should lead to a change of tactics were it no longer becomes a case of negotiations with a potential neighbour, but an enemy to be taken down and destroyed.

They should have done that from the get go and kept repeating until then they got the ones they like in government

They gave them the chance to do the right thing and save lots of innocent lives.... not surprisingly being nazis they chose to go down fighting... which is how it currently is.

If they want further escalation then that would be a benefit really... a chance to deliver the pain of war to groups up until now relatively safe.

What you are seeing is a country and a leader that has tried to please the west but realises it is never going to happen so he has given up trying to please the western leadership or the western media and he is just securing Russian borders and eliminating threats to Russia... nazis, bio weapons, and potential nukes...

If they want to escalate further then Kiev can be hit much much harder than it is being hit presently.

I took what he said to be Zelensky and Kiev, but after you mention Biden and Washington... sure why not... do it the American way and give a nuke to ISIS and hide it on a cargo ship and sail into close proximity of NY or other port city and boom...

Crazy obviously... but that is what happens when you play such games... escalation happens.

Moskva’s main air def. radar had a 180° fov. The secondary radar had a 360° fov. Perhaps Ukraine managed to fire into the 1st radar’s blind zone and the 2nd radar couldn't detect the missile because it followed a sea skimming trajectory (which is very difficult to detect)

Bullshit... Moskva has 360 degree radar coverage, but the missiles for the Fort-M system have a minimum engagement range of about 7km and would not be used against sea skimming missiles... the OSA missiles on the other hand would be ideal for shooting down low flying subsonic missiles as would the 6 x AK-630 gatling turrets that are on the ship specifically to deal with subsonic sea skimming missiles.

Which is why they shouldn't have any problem sending it to 90km from Ukraines coast because on paper two subsonic sea skimming missiles would have no chance, even in a storm.

d_taddei2, kvs and Hole like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:08 am

Very well thought indeed.

11/9 got Americas attention...

They clearly need more of that...

The US has been ripping up treaties and agreements left right and centre, so exporting long range anti ship weapons was prohibited... perhaps that should be looked at again because it seems to me that the US relies on fighting weaker countries so better anti ship capability world wide would be against their interests... those rules are regularly broken by the US anyway they constantly sell missiles with ranges of more than 300km to their allies and customers anyway.

The cool thing is that they could sell ancient missiles like Granit and Vulcan with secret bits removed to countries like Syria and Iran and how about Yemen... or what about Argentina...

Werewolf and d_taddei2 like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:18 am

How about a ethnic bomb... evidence from US bio weapons labs in the Ukraine... there should be a lot of very interesting material captured there... easily enough to isolate ethnic genes to allow groups to be targeted... Anglo saxons could be a start... this is the war the US is creating... Russia is just defending itself...

Would be a good Bond movie...

d_taddei2, littlerabbit, Hole, Broski and bitch_killer like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:44 am

GarryB wrote:How about a ethnic bomb... evidence from US bio weapons labs in the Ukraine... there should be a lot of very interesting material captured there... easily enough to isolate ethnic genes to allow groups to be targeted... Anglo saxons could be a start... this is the war the US is creating... Russia is just defending itself...

Would be a good Bond movie...

A Bond movie indeed.
    Even with my very limited knowledge on the subject,  I am fairly certain DNA and genes don’t work in a way that you can isolate a specific ethnic group. And that’s not even taking into account how mixed everyone is in the modern world.
    You compare a test DNA sample to a database of samples of which backgrounds are already known, and thats how you work out someones background, its literally just a comparison method, it is what these ancestry sites do, the actual DNA doesn’t carry that information in itself. Genes determine certain features but again not ethnicity.

I guess you could theoretically try and target people with certain eye colour, hair colour, height etc using some gene based weapon, but that would have an impact across the board as most ethnicities share those traits.
    I think talk of ethnic specific bio weapons is BS but they were definitely cooking something up, and It wouldn’t surprise me if they used those Pro Russian people the SBU abducted over the years as test subjects.

d_taddei2 and Broski like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:58 am

Impressive Drone footage depicting liberation of Ilyich plant

https://t.me/milinfolive/81276

crod, psg, littlerabbit, Eugenio Argentina and Broski like this post

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:26 am

Pressure for visible success clearly making folk say the dumbest of things. Not to be unexpected from partisan, highly emotional sheeple.

2014 time machine wants the Kremlin balls back. Told ya.

8 years covering up for dear leader and cadre and now this. I feel for the sheeple. I truly do. Funny thing is, even after all the bundlers and fumbles, the indecision, the hesitation, the clear lack of vision, miscalculations, the failure to deter, to prevent and foresee with ample warnings, clear and visible....ultimately to display weakness over and over again and invite aggression, the dereliction of duty that continually postponed until it couldn't get any worse... until all the chips in Ukraine were gone.... after all of what has lead to this disaster Russia is still in the game .. such a rich country as it's allows it to survive blows of poor leadership like this, giving it the second chances other countries simply do not have the luxury of having. Problem is, how can you get out of it successfully without long term damage with the leadership that allowed it to get this far.... that's the trillion dollar question.

For starters lets see how many EU countries get disconnected from the grid... after all, April 15 is no more. Or should I settle on the predictable?

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:18 pm; edited 4 times in total

Arkanghelsk likes this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:36 am

Probably after Iskander Shocked

https://t.me/Ukr_G_M/2387

crod, d_taddei2, littlerabbit, lancelot and Broski like this post

crod
    crod

Post  crod Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:39 am

NOT for one minute suggesting there is a problem but with the syrian front and now uki front how many various munitions are left in stock and how quickly do they get churned out by manufacturers? i would assume the were tonnes of near end of life munitions (instead of live fire exercises) to be rid of. interested more about supply chain timeframes etc.
    crod
    crod

Post  crod Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:41 am

Arrow wrote:Probably after Iskander Shocked

https://t.me/Ukr_G_M/2387

holy hell. savage.

d_taddei2 likes this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:48 am

diabetus wrote:
    Stealthflanker wrote:They should be using more Kh-101's or use Guided bombs with Tu-22M3's.  Conventional bombs kinda worrysome.  One Ukrainian Buk around can turn things badly.

-----

Oh and be ready for more "Russia running out of missiles" argument popped up soon Mad

Issue with bombs is that the tu-22m3 isn't capable of using them

What!?

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 14 Tu22m311

franco, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, zepia, JohninMK, VARGR198, littlerabbit and like this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:52 am

GarryB wrote:Bullshit... Moskva has 360 degree radar coverage, but the missiles for the Fort-M system have a minimum engagement range of about 7km and would not be used against sea skimming missiles... the OSA missiles on the other hand would be ideal for shooting down low flying subsonic missiles as would the 6 x AK-630 gatling turrets that are on the ship specifically to deal with subsonic sea skimming missiles.

Which is why they shouldn't have any problem sending it to 90km from Ukraines coast because on paper two subsonic sea skimming missiles would have no chance, even in a storm.
    S-300F can search OR guide but only uses one of those radars at a time. Using the targeting radar leaves you blind to half the sky.

AK- 630 has about 15 second window under ideal conditions. Less in high seas. Less if incoming missile is skimming.
    Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:37 am

ArgentinaGuard wrote:
    Firebird wrote:
    ArgentinaGuard wrote:During the Malvinas War, the Argentines destroyed the HMS Invincible, which was the most important ship of the British. They deny it to this day and have the military archives closed.

What annoys me is that Russia did not foresee this, the Ukrainians should be decimated in terms of air power. They should be in the Stone Age.
    And I say it again, it's a mistake not to kill Zielinsky. It would be a psychological blow.
    Mariupol MUST FALL ALREADY.

The Invincible was a small aircraft carrying cruiser ship.
    I think it was 4 ships - frigates, destroyers, landing ship and also merchant ships according to British records.

Britain had 3 ships of that class officially. I don't follow how Britain could hide such a sinking? I know the British Establishment is as crooked as it gets, but it would be something quite hard to pull off even in the preinternet era.. I would have thought.

I think Argentina sunk a big ship the Atlantic Conveyor which was a merchant ie civil ship converted to military use.

The HMS Invincible was the most modern ship of the British navy in the islands. It was not sunk but the explosions rendered it useless. Or coincidence, they removed it that same night. And the other important ship was the Sheffield, a destroyer that was the second most modern they had.

Yes, the Atlantic Conveyor, but that was a supply ship. It was not a military ship.

If we are going to discuss this issue, it would be convenient to take it to the thread of Argentina, Malvinas War.
    Otherwise we are going to fill this thread, with a topic that is not specific.
    I only clarify that you put: "the Argentines destroyed the Invincible", which implied that they had sunk it.
    I should have put: damaged.
    With regard to the "Atlantic Conveyor", this was a container ship that functioned in fact as a second aircraft carrier, in the conflict zone.

Mir likes this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:47 am

In case any of the weepers and defeatists on the forum did not see it, I leave you the note written by the anti-Russian pseudo-analyst Orix:

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/04/neptunes-wrath-flagship-moskvas-demise.html

attack

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:57 am

GarryB wrote:

He implied no such thing.
    "Footage from earlier today shows Tu-22M3 long range strategic bomber refueling in-air above Vyazma, Russia."
    He's corrected it on his telegram channel.
    He also added a subnote to his tweet saying it's a TU-160.

The Tu-22M3 is not a long range strategic bomber and has no inflight refuelling probe so it can't refuel in flight.

I had forgotten about that.
    Precisely in some of the START-type treaties it was agreed that the Tu-22M would lose the in-flight refueling probe, so as not to consider them strategic.
    In Russia, every now and then there is talk of putting that capability back on them.

Last edited by Eugenio Argentina on Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:21 am; edited 2 times in total

GarryB likes this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:58 am

Mandatory viewing for anyone who wants to understand the Russia-Ukraine conflict - its origins, the strategic military situation, and the impact on the global financial-economic sphere.

Goddamn but I respect Scott Ritter. If only Murkan "elites" had the intelligence and honesty of this guy.

franco, d_taddei2, kvs, zepia, VARGR198, LMFS, Hole and like this post

Urluber

Post  Urluber Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:13 am

crod wrote:NOT for one minute suggesting there is a problem but with the syrian front and now uki front how many various munitions are left in stock and how quickly do they get churned out by manufacturers? i would assume the were tonnes of near end of life munitions (instead of live fire exercises) to be rid of. interested more about supply chain timeframes etc.

Of course no one of us knows. But: a lot.
    Russia has not destroyed all old munitions and systems, I'm sure. They are somewhere. Stored waiting for the day the west attacks the next time.
    If you think about how much USSR produced ammo and weapons... even if 1/10 of those stocks are somewhere and somewhat usable condition the area controlled by Kievan regime can be bombed for decades at this pace.

Russia can put the economy in war-mode if need comes. It will speed up the manufacturing of the most modern systems, like Kalibrs. Government of Mr. Putin has been quite clever in designing the current system: it is of no use in peace time to allocate 10% of economy to produce missiles but it needs to be sure that if need comes it can be converted into that.

Hole likes this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:38 am

A.Martyanovs view on the loss of the Moskva.

He doesn't think it is likely that she was taken out by Neptune AShMs, though it still a possibility. He also thinks it is possible that sabotage was the cause, ie a crew member with Ukie sympathies gained access to magazine and caused the fire. He suspects that the ammo that detonated was the 130mm shells of the fwd arty battery or the depth charges of the fwd RBU complex.

Bottom line is that at this moment we simply don't know. We'll just need to wait.

Interestingly he says of the ~3000 POWs taken so far, about ~1000 are in the RF and being interrogated for war crimes purposes, that many active NATO personnel has been captured and will be paraded as part of the "walk of shame" once war crimes trials gather pace thumbsup

GarryB, kvs, zepia, JohninMK, littlerabbit, Eugenio Argentina, LMFS and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:28 pm