Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+71
mr_hd
caveat emptor
Gazputin
limb
TMA1
Krepost
billybatts91
diabetus
marcellogo
lancelot
andalusia
crod
PhSt
teh_beard
Sujoy
nero
nomadski
mavaff
magnumcromagnon
LMFS
ATLASCUB
littlerabbit
GunshipDemocracy
flamming_python
Airbornewolf
Hinex1988
0nillie0
RTN
lyle6
zorobabel
ludovicense
SolidarityWithRussia
mnrck
franco
Werewolf
Tolstoy
Firebird
Big_Gazza
GarryB
Scorpius
Dr.Snufflebug
Eugenio Argentina
kvs
Kiko
VARGR198
Belisarius
JohninMK
sepheronx
Podlodka77
ucmvulcan
mnztr
Erk
Isos
Odin of Ossetia
Azi
ArgentinaGuard
ALAMO
Hole
Stealthflanker
Ispan
Mir
chinggis
par far
owais.usmani
PapaDragon
Arkanghelsk
Broski
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Regular
Serberus
d_taddei2
75 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11

par far

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11

Post  par far Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:49 am

"THERE ARE MORE THAN THREE THOUSAND CAPTIVES, SO THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING, WE ARE WAITING FOR NEW RECEIPT.

The Donbas boiler will "give birth" to at least thirty thousand more."

https://t.me/intelslava/25173

GarryB likes this post

par far

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11

Post  par far Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:52 am

" GRAPHIC
    The remnants of the 53rd brigade tried to escape to Zaporozhye but were destroyed."

I don't know why they think they can escape.

If it is regular Ukrainian army, they should just surrender.

https://t.me/intelslava/25174

GarryB, Hole and Broski like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:03 am

Regular wrote:
    zorobabel wrote:I have no idea what Russia is doing at this point.

Pulling forces before the offensive in the east?

Or I am missing something?

You are missing the fact, that a Counter Strike mission takes 15min, and our local armchair generals are bored by 40+ days of campaign against the strongest army in Europe.
    Brought to the level of destruction, by the way.

And it is really funny to hear how much morale boost that will bring.
    Oh sure, a twitter war will get tons of fresh ammo for twitter warriors.
    All the masturbators there will have hands full of hard work, polishing each other dicks.
    It will surely help a lot those sitting in strongholds when a TOS salvo will be in the air.

sepheronx, GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

limb

Post  limb Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:07 am

Wasn't the Moskva claim confirmed fake?
    par far

Post  par far Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:11 am

limb wrote:Wasn't the Moskva claim confirmed fake?

I am waiting for more information on this, I don't think anyone know for 100%.
    Gazputin

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11 - Page 29 Empty Sivertsky Donets canal - the big battle coming up

Post  Gazputin Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:28 am

the coming battle is to control the water supply into Donetsk from this canal

previously when the Azov nutters controlled Mariupol the Ukrainian nutters couldn't cut off the Donetsk water
    as they relied on that water supply to Mariupol via Donetsk

now that Mariupol is effectively gone ..... they will cut off the water to Donetsk

just like they did to Crimea .... which the Rus fixed on Day 1 via Kherson incursion ....

Slovansk Kramortsk area is ground zero  
    no point "liberating" Donetsk city area if there is no water  ....

probably in 2 weeks time .... or so

JohninMK and Hole like this post

crod
    crod

Post  crod Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:31 am

par far wrote:

the Russians' themselves have said the ship is badly damaged.
    limb

Post  limb Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:33 am

par far wrote:

I only see an article on ria novosti about an explosion. Also if the Ukrainians hit it why didn't they provide any footage?
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:38 am

Podlodka77 wrote:There is only one fast solution in terms of large surface ships for Russia and that is to forget about pride and to order Chinese Type 052D destroyers.

The Chinese Destroyer isn't bad but the Gorshkov is actually armed better with better systems. I know this is debatable but I just am not keen on Chinese mil equipment for some reasons I wont get into. But regardless, they are not bad its just that Russian may be better at various sub systems.

But, I would say it could be in Russia's interest to work with China in localizing production of the Type 052D in Russia at a specific or two shipyards using Russian electronics/radar/comms, missiles and ad weapons.  This could give a good boost to both parties.  Russia isnt known for selling their ships overseas anyways (their subs are top sellers) so its not like it will be some kind of problem for Russia to do that.

Last edited by sepheronx on Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total

d_taddei2 and Big_Gazza like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:39 am

kvs wrote:It took them this long to fire off Neptune missiles?   Does not make sense.   The MOD story is more likely and it was
    a detonation of munitions on the ship.   Maybe there was a sabotage unit that managed to get onboard the ship.

It seems (Z)elensky is getting cocky with the showering of trash from his owners.   Watch for NATzO to start bleating
    about negotiations soon.

They have faced a 3 week long presence of tasty targets like landing ships full of marines, and lacking serious AD - and did not consider them as missile worthy.
    But now they decided to strike at armed to the teeth cruiser, having few weapon systems capable to intercept the salvo.
    Yeah, sounds legitimate!
    I buy it!

sepheronx wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:There is only one fast solution in terms of large surface ships for Russia and that is to forget about pride and to order Chinese Type 052D destroyers.

The Chinese Destroyer isn't bad but the Gorshkov is actually armed better with better systems.

But, I would say it could be in Russia's interest to work with China in localizing production of the Type 052D in Russia at a specific or two shipyards using Russian electronics/radar/comms, missiles and ad weapons.  This could give a good boost to both parties.  Russia isn't known for selling their ships overseas anyways (their subs are top sellers) so its not like it will be some kind of problem for Russia to do that.

It does not work like that bud.
    A ship is designed and built to carry specified systems, and any change is a redesigning it in reality.
    There would be perfectly zero pros to localize T052 for Russian shipyard, and lots of cons.
    The momentum and price advantage exist because the Chinese ar rebuilding them in numbers, and with an accepted and optimized project.
    Now if you will place let's say a 4 pcs series, and redesign it to carry all the weapon&sensor suite of the Russian origin - you are killing all the economy. That would need adopting the production process, checking if that works, making intense testing etc.
    Best solution for VMF is to pump up 22350, because it is already a proven and mastered project. Extending the hull, increasing the cell number, adding storage space for food, fuel and crew accommodation - and you have a perfect destroyer made with the technology you know.
    Hey, isn't that what they are doing? scratch Laughing

Last edited by ALAMO on Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total

sepheronx, GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, Hole, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:39 am

par far wrote:

Its on RT so something bad happened to it, we're just not sure if it was an attack, accident and if the ship is sunk or being salvaged.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:43 am

ALAMO wrote:
    kvs wrote:It took them this long to fire off Neptune missiles?   Does not make sense.   The MOD story is more likely and it was
    a detonation of munitions on the ship.   Maybe there was a sabotage unit that managed to get onboard the ship.

It seems (Z)elensky is getting cocky with the showering of trash from his owners.   Watch for NATzO to start bleating
    about negotiations soon.

They have faced a 3 week long presence of tasty targets like landing ships full of marines, and lacking serious AD - and did not consider them as missile worthy.
    But now they decided to strike at armed to the teeth cruiser, having few weapon systems capable to intercept the salvo.
    Yeah, sounds legitimate!
    I buy it!

It is a much easier target to hit, that is for sure. Gorshkov could have sufficed a lot better than the Moskva. It was a ship designed for a different era of fighting.

While it sucks, I would say now Russia will be forced to get a new ship anyway.

GarryB, Mir and Broski like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:45 am

The Russian MoD apparently stated there was a fire on board which caused substantial damage where the crew had to be evacuated. According to the them cause of fire is being investigated.

On the other hand, the Nazi regime in Kiev is claiming that it was their missile attack that caused the damage and ship was sunk.

So it appears that it was  damaged, how serious and what caused it is yet to be confirmed.
    That’s pretty much it for the moment.

Last edited by Serberus on Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total

sepheronx, GarryB and Big_Gazza like this post

par far

Post  par far Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:46 am

limb wrote:
    par far wrote:

I only see an article on ria novosti about an explosion. Also if the Ukrainians hit it why didn't they provide any footage?

I don't think Ukrainian hit it, if something did happen to it, it is most likely a accident on the ship.

limb

Post  limb Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:49 am

Serberus wrote:

The Russian MoD apparently stated there was a fire on board which caused substantial damage where the crew had to be evacuated. According to the them cause of fire is being investigated.

On the other hand, the Nazi regime in Kiev is claiming that it was their missile attack that caused the damage and ship was sunk.

So it appears that it was  damaged, how serious and what caused it is yet to be confirmed.

I refuse to believe that it was sunk. It has osas, ak-630, multiple radars all optimized for subsonic sea skimming missiles. Its most likely damaged.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:59 am

limb wrote:
    Serberus wrote:

I refuse to believe that it was sunk. It has osas, ak-630, multiple radars all optimized for subsonic sea skimming missiles.  Its most likely damaged.

Well, there was another major issue - the black sea was undergoing a massive storm as well. So after the crew was evacuated, we are unsure what they did.

We are all speculating with very little info with some people going nearly insane.

GarryB and Serberus like this post

par far

Post  par far Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:59 am

"According to the RK "Moscow".

1. In the morning, a fire and an explosion on the ship were officially confirmed, followed by the evacuation of the crew. The information is confirmed by major federal media referring to the RF Ministry of Defense.
    2. Ukraine claimed yesterday that it used Neptune anti-ship missiles, but this information was accompanied by fake photos and videos related to other episodes (an edited video of a fire on a ship from Tanzania and the sinking of an Iranian warship).
    3. There are also versions that the ship could have been hit by NATO anti-ship missiles secretly delivered to Ukraine, as well as blown up by a drifting mine.
    4. At night there were reports that the ship had already sunk due to the consequences of the detonation of ammunition, but there is no official confirmation of this.
    5. In any case, this is a serious loss for the Black Sea Fleet. Although the ship is old, it is far from useless and not so easily replaceable, given the difficulties in building large surface warships in the country (unfortunately, we do not build ships of comparable size in large batches, as in China itself - see below). rate of construction of Type 055 destroyers)
    6. This story once again reminds us that a proxy war against the US and NATO is going on in Ukraine, which such "surprises" like a helicopter raid or an attack on the RAV warehouse in Belgorod perfectly confirm.
    7. Regarding the reaction, I support the widespread opinion - stop lisping, phony and warn.

We are waiting for what they will say at the briefing of the Russian Defense Ministry."

https://t.me/boris_rozhin/42234

franco, Big_Gazza, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:04 am

Yeah, its the same members who lost their minds after the Berdyansk port incident.
    I know emotions are high but no point of losing your shit over it.
    Even if the worst happened and it was sunk its not the end of the world, sure a big loss but in the scheme of things, this is a fight for Russia’s survival against not just Ukraine but Nato and we should be prepared for even worse.
    Banderistan is being driven to destruction, slowly but surely, and no matter what small or large victories they may yet claim I am confident it will not effect the outcome of the war.

sepheronx, GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, mnrck, Hole, Mir and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:11 am

Drama queens. Drama queens everywhere Laughing Laughing

sepheronx, GarryB, Big_Gazza, mnrck, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

limb

Post  limb Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:12 am

ALAMO wrote:Drama queens. Drama queens everywhere Laughing Laughing

Do you think it sunk from the storm? Do you think any damage control was attempted?
    lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:17 am

Did Ukraine even have Mi-24 with night sights and radio or laser altimeter to be able to conduct that strike in Belgorod?
    I would not be surprised if those helicopters were either upgraded with extra systems or were actually brought from somewhere else.
    Russia did export some Mi-35 with night fighting capabilities. But AFAIK not to Ukraine.
    Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:28 am

Missile cruiser "Moskva" was seriously damaged as a result of the detonation of ammunition (info updated by TASS in 08 : 15, Moscow time)

MOSCOW, 14 April. /TASS/. The guards missile cruiser of the Black Sea Fleet "Moskva" was seriously damaged as a result of the detonation of ammunition that occurred as a result of a fire, the crew was evacuated. This was reported in the Russian Defense Ministry.

"As a result of a fire, ammunition detonated on the Moskva missile cruiser. The ship was seriously damaged. The crew was completely evacuated," the military department said. Earlier it was reported that a fire broke out on the missile cruiser. The ministry said the cause of the fire is under investigation.

https://tass.ru/proisshestviya/14373395

So, this is TASS and TASS is considered number 1. RIA is far below.

franco, Firebird, JohninMK, Hole and Broski like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:33 am

Battalion Tactical Groups (BTG's)

-Read somewhere yesterday that the US was saying that there were ~ 55 Russian BTG's inside Ukraine from Kherson to Luhansk and there were a total of 90 in theater (Belarus and neighboring Russia included). Not sure where the units in Kharkov are counted against.
    -Shogiu had stated over a year back there were 168 such units and more have been formed since. By my count there could be 180 such units today. Fifteen of these would be stationed outside of Russia proper, another 12 in Kaliningrad plus 4 in the Sakhalin / Kuriles leaving 149 available.
    -These units are still supported and part of larger units such as regiments and brigades plus supported further by Division, Corps or Army assets.
    -In NATO these are called Battle Groups or Task Forces.
    -A quick count of units in the US Army and Marine Corps suggest they would field 106 of these however there is a significant difference in manpower size as Western units especially US are up to 80% larger in size.

Last edited by franco on Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, lancelot, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:39 am

It's natural to get sad or angry at such news regardless what was the cause, but this will be over shadowed when 60k Ukrainian forces are Destroyed, captured or flee. And when the war is won you will quietly forget about this tragedy.

As someone already mentioned I find it strange that only now are Ukraine stating it's used Neptune yet it had other opportunities to use on Russian vessels and didn't I feel they used the accident to suddenly support the idea they used Neptune.

If however Neptune was used then it wasn't done without NATO help and Intelligence. And if so then I am sure Russia will be helping some Islamic terrorist target a NATO vessel in return.

If the vessel is lost, then as I previously stated Russia could if It wanted take Ukraines Slava class the ukraina haul back to Russia overhaul and put back into service. Russia in the pasted wanted the vessel to do such now they get it for free.

This won't effect Donbass cauldron and the battle there will commence.

JohninMK, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Belisarius like this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:42 am

I'm surprised Russia hasn't done more to think of deterrents against GAYTO.
    If someone attacks you, you don't punch their fist. You neutralise their fist (the Ukraine) and punch them in the head (the USA etc who arm the fist/the Pukraine).

Russia could give missiles to Islamic groups to strike American ships off the Middle East using fast boats etc. Or to black and Hispanic criminals in the USA. Or just say to America and co "this stops now, not soon, NOW".

You can't fight NATO without... fighting NATO.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:59 pm