Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+71
mr_hd
caveat emptor
Gazputin
limb
TMA1
Krepost
billybatts91
diabetus
marcellogo
lancelot
andalusia
crod
PhSt
teh_beard
Sujoy
nero
nomadski
mavaff
magnumcromagnon
LMFS
ATLASCUB
littlerabbit
GunshipDemocracy
flamming_python
Airbornewolf
Hinex1988
0nillie0
RTN
lyle6
zorobabel
ludovicense
SolidarityWithRussia
mnrck
franco
Werewolf
Tolstoy
Firebird
Big_Gazza
GarryB
Scorpius
Dr.Snufflebug
Eugenio Argentina
kvs
Kiko
VARGR198
Belisarius
JohninMK
sepheronx
Podlodka77
ucmvulcan
mnztr
Erk
Isos
Odin of Ossetia
Azi
ArgentinaGuard
ALAMO
Hole
Stealthflanker
Ispan
Mir
chinggis
par far
owais.usmani
PapaDragon
Arkanghelsk
Broski
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Regular
Serberus
d_taddei2
75 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11 - Page 18 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:18 am

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, JohninMK and like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11 - Page 18 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11

Post  ucmvulcan Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:18 am

franco wrote:Geo_monitor @colonelhomsi

The Nazi drowning operation is said to begin today in Mariupol.. At least ten fire engines to be either on the road or already at the factory to start pumping water from the river or sea and pumping water to above-ground ventilation shafts that carry fresh air to the cavernous network of tunnels below the Azovstal metallurgical complex..

Rubber duckie you're the one. . . .

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, Erk, Kiko, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:22 am

ucmvulcan wrote:
    franco wrote:Geo_monitor @colonelhomsi

The Nazi drowning operation is said to begin today in Mariupol.. At least ten fire engines to be either on the road or already at the factory to start pumping water from the river or sea and pumping water to above-ground ventilation shafts that carry fresh air to the cavernous network of tunnels below the Azovstal metallurgical complex..

Rubber duckie you're the one. . . .

They should put some bubble bath soap in the water, seeing it's a cleansing operation.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, ALAMO, PapaDragon, mnrck, Hole, Broski and like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:23 am

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, LMFS, Hole, Mir and like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:44 am

People say up to 1000 (!) UA marines just surrendered in Mariupol, adding to the 500 or so that have surrendered over the past week.

That basically means no AFU regulars are left, only Azov and the foreigners, if true.

sepheronx, GarryB, franco, Werewolf, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza and like this post

littlerabbit
    littlerabbit

Post  littlerabbit Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:00 am

Podlodka77 wrote:I apologize for deviating from the topic again, but I have new news from Serbia, which I do not like. The two most respected newspaper editions in Serbia (Политика and Вечерње Новости) announced today that Serbia is interested in buying 12 used Eurofighter planes from Great Britain.

Vucic is out of his mind. No No

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, Odin of Ossetia, LMFS, Broski and like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:07 am

littlerabbit wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:I apologize for deviating from the topic again, but I have new news from Serbia, which I do not like. The two most respected newspaper editions in Serbia (Политика and Вечерње Новости) announced today that Serbia is interested in buying 12 used Eurofighter planes from Great Britain.

Vucic is out of his mind.   No No

And here people insulted Indias or Saudi Arabias AF.

Sorry my Serbian friends and brothers.

GarryB, Werewolf, Regular, par far, Big_Gazza, Broski, bitch_killer and Arkanghelsk like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:15 am

sepheronx wrote:
    littlerabbit wrote:

India has almost 1.4 billion inhabitants, while Saudi Arabia is rich in oil and has 35 million inhabitants. We can compare India with China and I will state that Indians will never have the noose or backbone that China has. I have an absolutely indifferent opinion towards India. I neither hate nor respect them.
    Any comparison of India or the SA with Serbia, a small country with less than 7 million inhabitants surrounded by the NAZI-NATO pact, is absurd.

I think it was done because of the pressure, although I do not justify it. Serbia is the only country that has not imposed sanctions on Russia, and planes from Air Serbia are flying to Moscow, so to alleviate everything, Serbia is buying planes from the West. Although, it is a small consolation for Serbia because it is billions and billions of euros of our money that will go to those western countries.

Last edited by Podlodka77 on Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total

magnumcromagnon, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:17 am

sepheronx wrote:
    littlerabbit wrote:

One thing you must understand is that plenty of western firms incested in Serbia which was facing a massive population flee towards western europe because of lack of jobs. Plenty villages became litaraly empty and no one was taking care about agriculture anymore. It's one way to keep those companies there for a win win situation.

To however balance that they got plenty of hardware from Russia and China. Mig-29 buks, pantsir, kornet, fk-3, chinese armed drones.

Having so many suppliers is always creating trouble for maintaining all the equipement. But most of this hardware was bought for political reason.

But again that's off topic. There is a thread for Serbia.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:24 am

Isos wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    littlerabbit wrote:

One thing you must understand is that plenty of western firms incested in Serbia which was facing a massive population flee towards western europe because of lack of jobs. Plenty villages became litaraly empty and no one was taking care about agriculture anymore. It's one way to keep those companies there for a win win situation.

To however balance that they got plenty of hardware from Russia and China. Mig-29  buks, pantsir, kornet, fk-3, chinese armed drones.

Having so many suppliers is always creating trouble for maintaining all the equipement. But most of this hardware was bought for political reason.

But again that's off topic. There is a thread for Serbia.

Oh of course, I'm fully aware, it's all political so they don't face sanctions. It's just the "plan" to purchase this or that is just always disheartening to see when it will be more of a problem than a solution. Maybe hold em in storage and resell them later.
    Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:28 am

In the latest link published so far, Podolyaka states that even the British intelligence services warn the Ukrainians that the Russians could easily make a breakthrough towards Odessa. Most important of all, and the very title of the last link, reads "The Russian Army is preparing many unpleasant surprises for the Ukrainian Army." Yuri Podolyaka states that the next, as he calls it, "Operation 2" will be an operation with a much more significant blow to the remnants of the Ukrainian army. It is stated that there is a plan for performances with the goal of capturing Kharkov.

magnumcromagnon, kvs, Hole and Arkanghelsk like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:47 am

littlerabbit wrote:
    Vucic is out of his mind.    

Really?

Did it occur to anyone that we may be stuck with this crap because our certain ally (who shall not be named) decided to one day just randomly blow a crater in our entire foreign policy?

Let's recap:

- We fought a war with NATO because they decided to invade us when our province went separatist

- Ukraine didn't recognize independence of that province even before 2014

- Russia covers our asses in UN

- Some EU countries still didn't recognize that province's independence

- EU (among others) wants us to sanction Russia

- Russia also decided to legally do the same thing in Ukraine than NATO did to us (instead of waiting for Ukrainians to walk into a trap first like any normal person would thus blowing our diplomatic arguments out of the water)

- Our economy is dependent on loads of EU companies and trade with EU

- All those companies (including non EU ones) are dependent on Russian hydrocarbons (plus you know, electricity and heating for us slobs)

- Russian hydrocarbons can only be delivered via NATO countries

- Serbia is not just sandwiched between NATO countries, we are WRAPPED with NATO countries, check the map

You see the massive shit sandwich we are stuck with? And this is just the short version

Before this we had at least some legal arguments to use but right now our diplomatic strategy amounts to playing dumb because there's nothing else left to do

And I would like to remind everyone that we STILL HAVEN'T put sanctions on Russia despite everyone screaming about it 24/7 with UK being biggest asshats about it and not just about that but about everything else for last 30 years at least

We are now stuck buying dumb shit we don’t' need because alternative is picking between:

A) Slapping sanction on Russia or

B) Getting our balls stomped on by NATO boy's club

If we get away with just having to buy this crap I would consider it a happy ending

Anyone have any idea what we should do that doesn't involve sanctioning Russia? Didn't think so

So I don't want to hear any more shit about this crap from anyone here

GarryB, franco, flamming_python, lancelot, Kiko, Mir and Arkanghelsk like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:55 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11 - Page 18 Img_2059

We need to free this guy

Who that?

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:58 am

A captured electronic warfare battallion of the marine brigade in Mariupol that attempted to break out but failed being interviewed

https://t.me/new_militarycolumnist/80118

It's a bit depressing. People haven't shaved for a month or two, rag-tag clothes, walking wounded, and apparently the option to surrender was never communicated to them - although that would have to be from their own higher-ups.

Regular and Big_Gazza like this post

Odin of Ossetia dislikes this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:01 am

#RussiaUkraine
    Another UKR attempt to rescue VIPs from #Mariupol this time by sea.The cargo ship "Apache" failed to respond to radio warnings & tried to force it's way into the port. It was fired upon & later detained
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1512927230443200514

#RussiaUkraine
    Video from #Mariupol Port which is reportedly 70% under Russian/#DPR control
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1512927904971194371

#RussiaUkraine
    Remains of RUS KUB-BPLA Kamikaze #Drones that the UKR say are being used in the Donbas area
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1512936331759874049

(Another Ghost of Kiev) #RussiaUkraine #MiG29
    The UKR have confirmed the death of a MiG-29 pilot (Vjacheslav Erko) in air-combat over the #Kiev area.
    The exact date is not mentioned
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1512937192124940288

#RussiaUkraine #AzovRegiment
    Azov, blocked in #Mariupol, today in its telegram channel reported on attempts to negotiate evacuation by sea and called on foreign states to ensure such evacuation from the city along the corridor that Ukraine will control.
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1512938226066997252

#RussiaUkraine
    RUS #Drone strike at the #Illych plant in #Mariupol....this is a separate plant from the often mentioned Azovstal Steelworks
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1512939123115323393

#RussiaUkraine
    Appeal has been made to spread the word that soldiers from the UKR 28th Mech Bgd (28th OMBR) are surrounded in the #Kherson region. The poster says the commanders have abandoned & written them off..This was part of the much publicised "offensive on Kherson"
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1512942654698364931

#RussiaUkraine
    Group of #RuAF Su34's at Yalta in #Crimea, presumably after returning from missions in Ukraine
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1512946433950830595

#RussiaUkraine
    Air-Defences active over #Donetsk
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1512947491699785732

#RussiaUkraine #POWS
    UKR prisoners at #Rubezhnoye - #LPR
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1512955148972134408

#RussiaUkraine
    Destroyed UKR Grad in #Sumy Region
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1512960573226553345

#RussiaUkraine
    Captured UKR BMP-1U, ZSU-23-4 Shilka & BTR-3 in Crimea for repairs after which presumably, will be passed on to #LDPR Militias
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1512961566265602050

#RussiaUkraine #VDV
    Long RUS Airborne column of BMD-4M, BMD-2 & BTR-D in East Ukraine (possibly in Kharkov region)
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1512965928186568706

#RussiaUkraine #Italy
    Italian Foreign Minister Luigi Di Maio said that we are in the midst of a world war but not yet in a military sense
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513010436014178306

#RussiaUkraine
    Column of RUS T-80U tanks in #Kharkov area
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513010955990364161

#RussiaUkraine #Convicts
    Starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel ...🤨

#Zelenski has continued pardoning convicted criminals so they can be recruited into the Army...several hundred have already been recruited
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513014293884592128

#RussiaUkraine
    A US made SN-20 VERIFINDER radio-isotope identification device was captured by the #LPR Forces. Since these were not part of the military aid sent to UKR & cannot be bought commercially, they conclude it was abandoned by #NATO instructors during a hasty retreat
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513018363974340608

#RussiaUkraine
    Drone footage of the #Azovstal Steelworks in #Mariupol
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513022983903666176

#RussiaUkraine
    #DPR Artillery - #Mariupol
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513023666602196994

#RussiaUkraine #Mariupol
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513024375003377664

#RussiaUkraine
    Footage from the fighting for the city of #Popasnaya in the #Donbas Region.
    Commanders briefing & scenes from the frontline
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513029584777666565

I am not sure, who they are kidding with this?!
    They can't be serious with this trash... 🤦‍�
    Showing drone attacks from two other wars! 🧐 #Karabakh #Syria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xme_NTpVauU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_7TsJ25wXU

#UkraineRussianWar #Ukraine #drone #fake
    https://twitter.com/chris__759/status/1512918552533250053

#RussiaUkraine #Ka52
    RUS Ka-52 helicopters in Ukraine...attacking a UKR column with rockets and 30mm cannon
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513047424675196929

#RussiaUkraine
    RUS BTR-82
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513050159965360128

‼🇺🇦UKR retreating from #Mariupol seized 2 foreign vessels, - the DPR army.
    This should get interesting...
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513073961474555911

#RussiaUkraine
    #RussianNavy warship firing #Caliber cruise missiles.
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513089073035943937

#RussiaUkraine
    A very long RUS Army column (reportedly 13 km long) has entered the #Kharkov region
    Satellite pics
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513090051726475268

#RussiaUkraine
    Pegov aka War Gonzo report from the #Mariupol Port.
    He say the UKR are being pushed out from the port & currently control only 1 section at the edge of the port.
    He doesn't think any escape attempts will work
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513096073677574147

#RussiaUkraine
    #Mariupol City Admin Building
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513101253147914241

#RussiaUkraine #Greece
    Greek workers blocking NATO transports clashing with Police in Salonika
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513116269339623427

#RussiaUkraine
    As mentioned previously, the UKR have hijacked 2 civilian vessels "Tsarevna" & "Lady Augusta" in #Mariupol & taken the crews hostage. They are firing from mortars and small arms from the ships
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513118012689489921

#RussiaUkraine
    A massive missile strike was carried out on the territory of the International Airport of Dnipro (#Dnepropetrovsk).

According to the head of the local dov, everything is destroyed on the territory of the airport, but the missiles continue to fall.
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513125335256408066

#RussiaUkraine #Denazification
    #SBU officer with a SS Galicia sign on his vest...note that this is a OFFICIAL government officer,,,

but there are no Nazis in UKR - it's all just Russian propaganda 😆
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513126799118864386

#RussiaUkraine
    RUS Army in #Kharkov Region...recent days
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513246590697320449

#RussiaUkraine
    Powerful strikes on the fortified settlement of #Maryinka reported near #Donetsk
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513248675048296450

#RussiaUkraine
    Destroyed UKR T-64BV and damaged RUS T-72B at Kamenka south of #Izum
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513252253318057985

(A real ghost of Kiev lol!) #RussiaUkraine #MiG29
    The death of another UA-AF pilot has been confirmed. Major Aleksandar Brinzhala, MiG-29 pilot from the 40th Aviation Bgd was shot down over Kiev on March 2
    He has been decorated posthumously
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513253067289858048

#RussiaUkraine #Chechens
    Chechen #Rosgvardia in #Mariupol
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513254457634480129

#RussiaUkraine
    🇷🇺🇬🇷The Russian Embassy in #Greece just received a petition with thousands of signatures from ordinary Greek citizens apologising for the Greek Government's decision to send weapons against Russia.
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513307742265503745

#RussiaUkraine
    Ka-52 & Mi-8AMTSh over Makeevka, #DPR
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513318229585719300

#RussiaUkraine #AzovRegiment
    Another video from the Azov commander "Kalina" in #Mariupol in which he says they've been betrayed
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513318693345787904

#RussiaUkraine
    UKR OSA-AKM (SA-8B) SAM system...BRDM & Truck in the background.
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513323940352954368

#RussiaUkraine #Mariupol
    RUS/DPR Forces have reportedly captured the port area of the #Azovstal Industrial complex
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513325958937210881

#RussiaUkraine
    Short report from the #Popasnaya sector of the Donbas Front
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513326728264839170

#RussiaUkraine
    Iskander-M SRBM
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513376648430727170

#RussiaUkraine
    Remains of UKR vehicles at Zachatovka, #DPR
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513377058600095744

#RussiaUkraine
    Russian Volunteers with a UKR T-64BV tank - #Kharkov area
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513377885444198402

#RussiaUkraine
    RUS Army engineers disposing of ordinance
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513378443081052160

#RussiaUkraine
    "Ukrainian Railways" reports damage to railway tracks and 5 locomotives on the eastern front.
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513414929470361610

#RussiaUkraine
    Some RUS footage from the #Kharkov region/
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513418725030252546

#RussiaUkraine
    Air-Defences in the DPR are active
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513439187445305349

#RussiaUkraine
    Strike on UKR APC
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513440233596936192

#RussiaUkraine #Mariupol
    #DPR Artillery firing on #Azovstal
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513440792085291014

#RussiaUkraine
    Over the past day, 18 servicemen of the 56th, 54th and 25th brigades of the AFU surrendered
    /DPR Rep. Basurin/
    Video is of a group from #RUBEZHNOYE
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513442388336816128

"One of the most grandiose military victories was won by Peter the Great at the Battle of #Poltava. I think he would turn over in his grave if he found out what the descendants of the glorious Cossacks have brought these lands to in the last 3 decades." 😀
    Head of SVR Naryshkin
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513449381168525314

#RussiaUkraine
    An Armenian volunteer with the #Artsakh (#Karabakh) chevron in #Kherson
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513452642814492681

#RussiaUkraine #Turkey
    Turkish Defense Minister Hulusi Akar said yesterday that the mines in the Black Sea could have been placed intentionally, in order to put pressure on Ankara to let NATO warships through the straits.
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513458147024773120

#RussiaUkraine
    Another video of Air-Defences in the #DPR...no info so far what the targets are
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513459671184527370

#RussiaUkraine
    Pair of RUS Su-25's making a low pass in the #Donetsk Region
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513494719560810497

#RussiaUkraine
    2 x abandoned/captured UKR T-64BV tanks in the #Kharkov region
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513497579908366344

#RussiaUkraine
    #Maruipol
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513498542467608580

#RussiaUkraine #Donbas
    RUS Strike on Right Sector Base
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513635033755516932

#RussiaUkraine
    UKR firing a Manpad at a RUS aircraft that just dropped a bomb near them...I don't think it worked out well
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513635837828747268

#RussiaUkraine #Mariupol
    Nice tats.....Looks like they got one at a checkpoint
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513641190796668931

#RussiaUkraine
    Chechens in #Mariupol
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513644741157556225

#RussiaUkraine #Austria
    In general, I have no positive impression of the talks with #Putin — Austrian Chancellor Nehammer
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513645293790658560

#RussiaUkraine
    Russians abroad who aid and abet anti-Russian policies and narratives should be stripped of their citizenship and banned from entering Russia, says (https://t.me/vv_volodin/395) the speaker of the State Duma.
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513666785450475524

#RussiaUkraine
    UKR An-124 transport flying from #Istanbul to #Poland...probably bringing new #Bayraktar Drones
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513668010275311617

#RussiaUkraine
    Rus MOD reports that the #Kinzhal (Dagger) #hypersonic missile was used in the vicinity of #Kramatorsk targeting a UKR underground command post
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513671077011943425

#RussiaUkraine #Propaganda
    Zelenski advisor (and chief propagandist) #Arestovich has publicly admitted spreading 2 fakes
    1. That the RUS airbase at Melitopol was bombed
    2. That RUS soldiers had made posts where they were threatening Bucha residents
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513674887281315842

#RussiaUkraine
    UKR with an American Mk-19 AGL
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513675438123409409

#RussiaUkraine #Wagner
    Wagner PMC and Chechen Rosgvardia
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513680297510195200

#RussiaUkraine
    Classes have restarted at one of the schools in #Volnovakha which was a war zone until recently
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513735035190333443

#RussiaUkraine
    RUS / #DPR T-72B3 tank and BMP-3 at #Popasnaya
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513735565723668487

#RussiaUkraine
    300 more volunteers are setting off from Grozny in #Chechnya for Ukraine. This group includes both Chechens and people from other parts of Russia
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513738296475598850

#RussiaUkraine
    Mayor of #Nikolaev Senkevich confirmed that he is going to cut salaries to all receiving them from the city budget.

— We are going to cut everyone's salary. And the mayor, deputies & others, otherwise we have enough money for 2 months. And then nothing," he said.
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513739927028076545

#RussiaUkraine
    Rus school kids writing letters of support to soldiers at the front
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513745402360578049

#RussiaUkraine
    #RusNavy Frigate reportedly shooting down a #Bayraktar drone near Crimea
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513767273873371137

#RussiaUkraine
    Surrender instructions delivered via special artillery shell...apparently regularly fired at UKR lines
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513770928529817600

#RussiaUkraine
    Reporter gets wounded n leg while while making a report from the Illych Factory in #Mariupol
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513775639337193472

#RussiaUkraine
    WWII monument to Soviet soldiers destroyed in #Lvov Ukraine...Soviet soldiers which included Ukrainians btw
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513786405658320897

#RussiaUkraine
    #Mariupol
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513813889720279042

#RussiaUkraine
    Latest #Caliber launches from a #RusNavy warship in the Black Sea
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513814379438874625

#RussiaUkraine
    Captured UKR "Kozak-2" vehicle & RUS soldiers with captured #NLAW's
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513817181414338560

#RussiaUkraine
    Build up continues...RUS Army column in #Kursk (western Russia)
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513818981815054337

#RussiaUkraine
    The political officer of the 36th brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine reportedly surrendered in #Mariupol
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513824746827251719

#RussiaUkraine #POWS
    UKR Marines from 36th Bgd surrendering...video is from yesterday
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513833975156195332

#RussiaUkraine
    Poland will be handing over to Ukr about 100 x T-72M tanks
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513846761219309570

#RussiaUkraine
    damaged BMD-4M undergoing repairs
    https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1513847884541992961

GarryB, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, zepia, Hole, Arkanghelsk and Podlodka77 like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:10 am

This is just like the Kuwaiti Ambassador's (to the US) daughter testifying about incubator babies lol! clown

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, VARGR198, LMFS, Hole, Mir and like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:15 am

flamming_python wrote:A captured electronic warfare battallion of the marine brigade in Mariupol that attempted to break out but failed being interviewed

It's a bit depressing. People haven't shaved for a month or two, rag-tag clothes, walking wounded, and apparently the option to surrender was never communicated to them - although that would have to be from their own higher-ups.

Their higher ups actually told them to stage a break out as they were close to relieving them... sounds like dead heroes make better press.

Regular, Hole, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:17 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11 - Page 18 Img_2059

We need to free this guy

Who that?

Leader of the Ukrainian Russian speaking opposition party... disappeared and assumed arrested back in February. Putin is godfather to his daughter.

GarryB likes this post

Kiko
    Kiko

Post  Kiko Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:35 am

franco wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

We need to free this guy

Who that?

Leader of the Ukrainian Russian speaking opposition party... disappeared and assumed arrested back in February. Putin is godfather to his daughter.

Viktor Medvedschuk is his name for us all to remember for his bravery in facing Volodymyr's smears.

sepheronx, GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, lancelot, Mir, Broski and like this post

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:36 am

Holding Putin's friend and "pet" hostage was all but guaranteed. Good for negotiations from a Ukie pov if Putin were to fall within their calculus of what Putin is as a leader/man. Extremely bad for Ukrop's image if the Kremlin plays it right. Not holding my breath here.

The question is, how valuable is he to the Kremlin as a political operator. If he's expendable then he more than serves as a useful and strong enough caucus belli to go after Ukie elites if you ever needed an excuse for lack of ingenuity to manufacture one when at war.

We all know what a negotiation for his freedom looks like - a free pass and "compromise" somewhere... and we all know the details always matter most in negotiations. Otherwise we wouldn't be here.

Arkanghelsk and ucmvulcan like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:42 am

franco wrote:According to the IISS 2022 World Military Balance the Ukrainian Armed Forces had the following aircraft:

36 Mig-29
    34 Su-27
    23 Su-24
    31 Su-25
    31 L-39 trainers
    34 various transport aircraft
    35 Mil-24
    69 various transport helicopters mostly Mil-8
    9 naval helicopters

SAM:
    250 S-300 PS/PT/V
    72 BUK M-1
    ~75 SA-13's and SA-8b's

So do the math.

130 aircraft Destroyed, 99 helicopters and 244 anti air defence systems.

Going by your figures
    59 aircraft left Inc trainers and transports
    14 helicoptes left Inc naval
    153 anti air defence systems left.

I would say most of the aircraft left will most likely be L-39, An-24, An-26, Russia would have Destroyed most of the fighter aircraft hence we see dribs and drabs fighter aircraft. 14 helicopters to cover the size of Ukraine pretty much means nil helicopter force, Russia would be targeting mi-8, mi-24 foremost. AD systems will most likely majority be strela 10 and Osa. We don't here many Buk or S-300 being taken out now apart from the newly donated Slovakia S-300.

Slovakia is thinking of donating its entire mig-29 fleet according to Western media

Odin of Ossetia and Arkanghelsk like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:46 am

Kiko wrote:Viktor Medvedschuk is his name for us all to remember for his bravery in facing Volodymyr's smears.

Yup and he's been held since near the start of the war its assumed.

Now that the catastrophe in Mariupol is unfolding and 2 battalions of marines have surrendered today, they're fishing him out and proposing a 'swap'; him for their Azovites and whatever NATO in Mariupol. Well, officially Zelensky is saying for 'our guys and girls in Russian captivity' but it's obvious what he means

https://t.me/istorijaoruzija/54422

And this is just astonishing that the Ukrainian head of state is making such a proposal, like a common terrorist. This guy is a high-ranking member of the Ukraine's own Duma, he leads an opposition party.
    On what basis, is he being held hostage? Because he is basically family with Putin on account of the later being godfather to his daughter?

He was under house arrest before the war, but he wasn't being charged with 'ties to the Russian leadership' as he is now. That's not a crime in peacetime, and during the war there's no evidence that he had the opportunity to do anything as he was confined to his house for the short period of time until he was thrown in the dungeon to secure him from the advancing Russians around Kiev.

What happens if the deal is rejected? He's been threatened with prosecution by Ukrainian law - but what law are they prosecuting him under, and what's the punishment?
    This is yet another act of terrorism of the Ukrainian regime against its own citizens. Stalin did not swap his son in German captivity, for Von Paulus. Likewise Putin will not swap Medvechuk for the gang of war-criminals and mercenaries in Mariupol. If something happens to Medvechuk, it will simply be another crime they will have to answer for - only this time Zelensky personally.

Last edited by flamming_python on Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:59 am; edited 3 times in total

GarryB, franco, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs, Eugenio Argentina, lancelot and like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:49 am

flamming_python wrote:A captured electronic warfare battallion of the marine brigade in Mariupol that attempted to break out but failed being interviewed

Just saw that. Why depressing? It's a moral victory (and much needed) for Russia and a chance of survival for the guys that are not even combat troops. Their look says it all, but you can see that they are calm.

As I told before, Ukrainians are being treated humanely, no izdivatelstvo, no nazi name-calling. They will get warm food, will be shaved, and get medical help needed. Not sure if POW exchanges will happen any time soon, but so far they are very lucky to be alive. And they only gave up in battle, not voluntary, you might think they would get beating for it.

Azov won't get such treatment and if rumours are true, only they and 35th commanders are left in Azovstaal. Open season.

Last edited by Regular on Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Big_Gazza likes this post

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:49 am

It's a bait Putin shouldn't bite. Doing so will politically damage Medvedchuk.... his only usefulness of real measure is his political potential.... (notwistanding he's a human being but this is war so those little ethical/moral code details go out the window unfortunately).

The conditional being.... if Medvedchuk dies, all of you die too for providing us with the perfect cover to go after each and everyone of you. But the Kremlin as a justiciar of enemy elites leaves a lot to be desired, even during its heydays.

Unless the Kremlin has another guy high up waiting in the wings but in countries fractured by war, post war political power coalesces around a familiar face (for good or bad). Medvedchuk has positioned himself as that face, with the help of "friends" and enemies alike.

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Regular, lancelot and Arkanghelsk like this post

Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:57 am

Eugenio Argentina wrote:
    Odin of Ossetia wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    Odin of Ossetia wrote:

Apparently recently there was a railway bridge blown up near Belgorod in Russia, close to the border with Ukraine.

Does anyone know any details about it?

Ukrainian diversionists infiltrated from across the border and/or "local" ethnic Ukrainians?

Photo of it in previous page.

Looks like the bridge itself was not destroyed, but a portion of the railway tracks on the bridge were?

What I can see from photographs is not very clear.

Russia should dispatch additional reinforcements of the Railway Police (or are they called as the Railway Troops?), to the Belgorod area.

They have thousands of them in Russia.

In that attack they only bent some rails of the tracks.
    Some in the networks are making this a super successful sabotage on the part of the Ukrainians.

russia

I think you might be correct, but on the Internet they were claiming that "the railway traffic on this rail line will be interrupted for weeks" or something like that, and the photographs available are not extremely clear on the extent of the damage.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:46 pm