Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+66
littlerabbit
nomadski
Singular_Transform
Eugenio Argentina
Erk
Azi
TMA1
lyle6
George1
Odin of Ossetia
0nillie0
Pacense
limb
ATLASCUB
mr_hd
Stealthflanker
OminousSpudd
caveat emptor
mnrck
diabetus
Lurk83
Autodestruct
GunshipDemocracy
d_taddei2
Backman
Werewolf
billybatts91
Airbornewolf
SeigSoloyvov
Dima
RTN
mavaff
GarryB
Serberus
Sujoy
lancelot
Mir
Hinex1988
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
mnztr
ucmvulcan
Big_Gazza
VARGR198
JohninMK
teh_beard
par far
Ispan
kvs
Broski
auslander
Dr.Snufflebug
magnumcromagnon
Regular
Arkanghelsk
miketheterrible
ALAMO
flamming_python
BliTTzZ
owais.usmani
franco
Arrow
Firebird
Podlodka77
Isos
LMFS
Hole
70 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 27 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:39 am

flamming_python wrote:That Ka-52 which was forced to land after taking damage during the battle of Gostomel is still there. Ukrainian troops took a photo with it.

https://t.me/istorijaoruzija/51066

Begs the question of why it wasn't taken away by Russian forces, or destroyed Neutral

Or does Russia want NATO to inspect it?

Unbelievable, Ukraine has no KA-52's so its a russian bird.

They had more than enough time to destroy it if they couldn't move it, I'll need to start taking Ukraine's claims of captured equipment more seriously now.

The sheer level of incompetence here is legendary.

Well thanks, Russia. This thing will be shipped to the states soon.

BliTTzZ dislikes this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 27 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:40 am

Airbornewolf wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:That Ka-52 which was forced to land after taking damage during the battle of Gostomel is still there. Ukrainian troops took a photo with it.

Begs the question of why it wasn't taken away by Russian forces, or destroyed Neutral

I would have expected it too to be hit with an strike to be honest.
    but...i guess the Russians really do not see this as an threat that it lies there?.

I dont know the design of th KA-52, can the pilots take out/destroy all the critical systems themselves in an short amount of time?.
    if they can take the drives and computers, the thing is just an useless hulk.
    There seemed to be a lot of disconnected wires in shots that where connected to systems somewhere.

Hardly, skilled engineers can still get info from the platform, leaving it intact like that was pure 100 percent incompetence.

If they had time to pull wires, they had time to blow it up.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:48 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

Unbelievable, Ukraine has no KA-52's so its a russian bird.

They had more than enough time to destroy it if they couldn't move it, I'll need to start taking Ukraine's claims of captured equipment more seriously now.

The sheer level of incompetence here is legendary.

Well thanks, Russia. This thing will be shipped to the states soon.

I really have no words. They had over a month to move it. I mean putting aside that it's a sensitive cutting-edge piece of technology that you don't want in enemy hands - it looks comfortably salvageable, and these things aren't cheap. Could have been fixed and put back into action

Maybe they'll see the pics now and finally blow it up. But I suspect it's been carted off already.

The Russian officer corps is really something. Takes a laisez-faire approach to the conflict, it seems.

Last edited by flamming_python on Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:50 am; edited 2 times in total

owais.usmani likes this post

Big_Gazza dislikes this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:48 am

Azi wrote:
    WHY? Because Russian citizens deserve it if their sons die on the battlefront! The real sovereign of Russia is not Putin, it's not the Kremlin, not the Russian army...it's the people of Russia and the aforementioned are just working for the people. In nearly every conflict the goals are clear as pure glass but in this conflict i hear such things like "freeing Donbass", "denazification", "regime change" etc. and it change nearly every day...if you hear morons like Medinsky you can fear that russians will die for nothing.

How is denazification of WHOLE Ukraine possible if Russian Army retreats from the WHOLE northern front? Almost 70-80 % of all russian soldiers in this conflict died at northern flank...and Russian Army is just retreating instead of pouring reinforcements in. A week ago a small city near Chernihiv was freed from Nazi forces and now they retreat on the WHOLE northern flank...YEAH indeed looks like a brilliant plan.

One week ago EVERYONE me included posted that Russian Army is just regrouping and not retreating! And now they retreat and this looks much like a huge strategic defeat. Not a military defeat because the areas were firm in russian hands, but a defeat caused by politic decisions. Why not calling it a official a war with all the consequences? Here the whole existence of Russia is at risk...Russia is not conducting a special mission in Ukraine that's bullshit! It's a fullscale war against the whole western world + Ukraine and at this point some reservist must be send to front. Russia uses only a fraction of it's military power now.

Do not get me wrong..I'm pro russian and the success of Russian Army in the south of Ukraine delights me, but the useless losses in the north for NOTHING make me from the deepest of my heart sad.

Now we Kiev that was a feint. Nothing more. They never intended to take the city, just tie up a large portion of UAF forces to prevent them from reinforcing the Donbass. Now the UAF is essentially immobile and cannot move significant number of troops eastwards, so the troops of the Kiev salient have better things to do...

Kiev will wait its turn until the orcs in the east are eliminated and all Russian forces advance to the east bank of the Dnieper. What happens then, we shall see.

This is why the hard men of the military careerists run these kinds of wars and not the emotional soi-boys with degrees in gender studies or interpretive dance. Eyes on the prize, don't sweat the details, don't listen to the pussies.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, kvs, JohninMK, BliTTzZ and Hole like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:48 am

Airbornewolf wrote:

but...i guess the Russians really do not see this as an threat that it lies there?.

I dont know the design of th KA-52, can the pilots take out/destroy all the critical systems themselves in an short amount of time?.
    There seemed to be a lot of disconnected wires in shots that where connected to systems somewhere.

Actually in case of ejection they have muni explosives around the computers and other sensitive stuff that destroy them. One push and it is done. Pilots have survived and have probably done the job. I've read that for planes.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, kvs and JohninMK like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:50 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:

Hardly, skilled engineers can still get info from the platform, leaving it intact like that was pure 100 percent incompetence.

If they had time to pull wires, they had time to blow it up.

Very funny,......
    Tell me when you had time to fiddle with NATO helicopters yourself with NATO technicians after your NATO course in rendering inert critical Airforce systems.
    Rip out the right systems and the thing is just an aluminum airframe with some LCD/LED screens.

That said, i do not know the KA-52. i do not know Russian SOP in regards to rendering an Gunship inert.

magnumcromagnon, GunshipDemocracy and Hole like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:52 am

Isos wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:

Actually in case of ejection they have muni explosives around the computers and other sensitive stuff that destroy them. One push and it is done. Pilots have survived and have probably done the job. I've read that for planes.

You still don't want it captured and inspected, even if someone took the computers out.

The pilots didn't eject BTW, they landed and were then extracted.

And really, you'd want to take it back and repair it.

Just incredible.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:53 am

You can make up all the excuses you wish Airborne, There is no covering for this level of idiocy.

BliTTzZ dislikes this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:57 am

LMFS wrote:Russia has destroyed almost completely the military infrastructure of Ukraine and some retards here are focusing on ukies taking a picture with a dish antenna... definitely you cannot fix stupid Embarassed

Really? Then Russia should be steamrolling the Ukrainians and taking the whole of the Donbass in a few days if this is the case, since their military infrastructure is "almost completely" gone. What's the hold up huh?

Last edited by billybatts91 on Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Walther von Oldenburg and owais.usmani like this post

Big_Gazza and BliTTzZ dislike this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:59 am

billybatts91 wrote:
    LMFS wrote:Russia has destroyed almost completely the military infrastructure of Ukraine and some retards here are focusing on ukies taking a picture with a dish antenna... definitely you cannot fix stupid Embarassed

Really? Then Russia should be steamrolling the Ukrainian's and taking the whole of the Donbass in a few days if this is the case, since their military infrastructure is "almost completely" gone. What's the hold up huh?

Politics
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:03 am

flamming_python wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:

You still don't want it captured and inspected, even if someone took the computers out.

The pilots didn't eject BTW, they landed and were then extracted.

And really, you'd want to take it back and repair it.

Just incredible.

Its just an piece of hardware Flamming, NATO might go apeshit when they dropped an F-35 off their own carrier.
    But its just an piece of hardware.

In regards to the Kamov, You really think NATO weapon company's go over it and say "Aha!, it's achilles heel! right there!".

When i was still an AT guy, i knew exactly what makes an T-90. You know how that knowledge helped me?.
    That i should get rid of my laser-rangefinders and that i needed an "dumb" AT rocket to hit it at relatively close range.
    Anything else and i would literally trigger its defense system and would send an 125MM round straight trough my face.

The T-90 was still just as deadly as i did not have that knowledge.

Same for the KA-52, It is an piece of hardware that you can encounter on the battlefield.
    If its run trough NATO's defense industry, it really does not matter.
    It does not change it's lethality, The best you can get out of it.
    Is an better understanding what it can and can't do.

Yes, i would have send an fixed wing to drop an bomb on it.
    But that is said from my own NATO service experience and training.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK, BliTTzZ and Hole like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:05 am

and it seems western journalists are having a "field day" in Bucha. expect flood of pictures and narrations on "Bucha massacres" soon.

flamming_python, kvs, BliTTzZ, mavaff and Urluber like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:05 am

billybatts91 wrote:

Really? Then Russia should be steamrolling the Ukrainians and taking the whole of the Donbass in a few days if this is the case, since their military infrastructure is "almost completely" gone. What's the hold up huh?

Russia hasn't yet used a single 500kg bomb on Ukraine.

kvs and GunshipDemocracy like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:09 am

Yeah I served in the Russian military myself

But I thought that this sort of.. lack of due attention and initiative in relation to common sense and responsibility was restricted to the middle of nowhere units that no-one cared about like the one I served in, and that over 10 years later things would have improved.

I can tell you how that fking Ka-52 ended up in that field for over a month only to then get carted away by NATO
    The VDV guys were like "it's not our problem, the logistics should take care of it"
    The logistics were like "we haven't got the order, it's the property of the air force"
    And the air force was probably trying to get the VDV guys to take responsibility.

Last edited by flamming_python on Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total

BliTTzZ likes this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:11 am

Isos wrote:

Russia hasn't yet used a single 500kg bomb on Ukraine.

They use 1500 Kg.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 27 Upab-510

flamming_python wrote:Yeah I served in the Russian military myself

But I thought that this sort of.. lack of due attention to common sense responsibility was restricted to the middle of nowhere units that no-one cared about like the one I served in, and that over 10 years later things would have improved.

I can tell you how that fking Ka-52 ended up in that field for over a month only to then get carted away by NATO
    The VDV guys were like "it's not our problem, the logistics should take care of it"
    The logistics were like "we haven't got the order, it's the property of the air force"
    And the air force was probably trying to get the VDV guys to take responsibility.

That's painful. and i guess when there is one having bright idea and take the initiative, his career got killed.

GunshipDemocracy and owais.usmani like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:14 am

Stealthflanker wrote:and it seems western journalists are having a "field day" in Bucha. expect flood of pictures and narrations on "Bucha massacres" soon.

According to Russian sources the Ukrainians shelled the place after they withdrew

Which makes sense if you look at the pics of dead civilians. Looks like they were just going about their lives and then dropped dead, and very recently. Grad work likely

Last edited by flamming_python on Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total

BliTTzZ likes this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:14 am

billybatts91 wrote:Really? Then Russia should be steamrolling the Ukrainians and taking the whole of the Donbass in a few days if this is the case, since their military infrastructure is "almost completely" gone. What's the hold up huh?

Sorry, I have no interest in spending my days changing diapers to crybabies like you. Try to figure out what a war actually is and stop embarrassing yourself. Bye

d_taddei2, Airbornewolf, par far, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ, miketheterrible and like this post

owais.usmani and billybatts91 dislike this post

limb

Post  limb Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:29 am

But I thought that this sort of.. lack of due attention and initiative in relation to common sense and responsibility was restricted to the middle of nowhere units that no-one cared about like the one I served in, and that over 10 years later things would have improved.

Can anyone debunk this instead of calling him an emo Marxist?

I never got an answer why Russia simply doesn't commit more equipment. It has so many more soldiers in reserve.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:32 am

Not much to say , not much to gain from the way this was handled

Americans set us up,  maybe we could have avoided it , but I guess the situation was not good from the beginning

Oh well, they got what they wanted

We have a lot of work to do to rectify all of this

*flaming no hard feeling, you were right, sometimes it's hard to admit when one is wrong , my apologies

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:39 am

They use 1500 Kg.

It's a guided munition for attacking bunkers. I'm talking about bombing the troops with carpet bombing using heavy bombs.

GarryB and kvs like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:40 am

Conscript?.

No offense, I walked out the front door of my own army sticking up the middle finger to NATO.
    But i have nowhere the outlook you have when it comes to NATO/Russia.

I worked with both, Russian PMC's and civilian contractors nowhere have the same outlook as you on things.
    The posts you make....are a bit hit and miss when i read them.

with some things i really agree with you, Like with Arks posts. or That you in fact where right that the Russian army gave priority to farmers to be able to seed the fields.
    The civilian matters.
    Its easy to focus on the War, and people get in harms way too. I like that about your posts.

but when it comes to the Millitary side of things....
    I just can not understand this defeatist attitude.

The world is not an nice place. When you take away any institutions that ensure structure.
    like the Police, fire department, Hospital. Law and order.

The true nasty side of humanity comes out, And it is usually shortly after the men with camo suits and rifles come out.
    What follows are warlike circumstances.

I will spare you the examples, but you as a person do change with all these experiences.
    The experiences you can not ever really explain to people that never went trough it themselves.

Things you always thought where normal, are in fact. not normal.
    They are things that are enforced because of an justice system suppressing the worst of humanity.

You seem to spend your time on the same channels on Telegram as i do.
    So you see the same shit as i do.

At what point, do you see all the atrocities happen.
    The stated sterilization of Russian POWS?. the Desire for Ukraine to obtain and use nuclear weapons on Russia?.
    All the biolabs. the Nazi's everywhere in the Ukraine government?.

Saying you served, means you understand the unwritten realities of War that you experienced in service.
    And you do not walk the walk. So hence why i asked you fulfilled conscription service.

If you served deeper, you would know what needed to be done here in Ukraine.

GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ, miketheterrible and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:07 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:Not much to say , not much to gain from the way this was handled

Americans set us up,  maybe we could have avoided it , but I guess the situation was not good from the beginning

*flaming no hard feeling, you were right,  sometimes it's hard to admit when one is wrong , my apologies

If you want my opinion I think both sides are moving towards a deal

The Ukrainian position in the Donbass is untenable, and Russia is poised to strike towards Odessa as well.

Other than that, there isn't particularly any more need for further bloodshed. Russia could force a massive Ukrainian collapse, but it won't.

The Ukraine will agree to become neutral, truly neutral, maybe with some 15-year integration option for the Donbass, after which time the Ukraine as a whole will enter the Union State

The nationalist retards will stick around, but be put on a leash. Like how the Chechen rebels were allied with by the 2nd war, and a general amnesty was declared.

And don't protest this deal when it comes, because it didn't crush and humiliate the Ukrs. It's the only reasonable one. Swallow your own pride. Main thing is to solve Russia's security concerns and get America and NATO outta there.

Last edited by flamming_python on Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total

GunshipDemocracy likes this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:15 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:Not much to say , not much to gain from the way this was handled

*flaming no hard feeling, you were right,  sometimes it's hard to admit when one is wrong , my apologies

Grow a fucking spine, find your balls. and rejoin the ranks of Force Z.
    Otherwise go suck on your pacifier and go to some pro-NATO forum.

...And hand over your russian passport on the way there!. you can get my EU one!.

Last edited by Airbornewolf on Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, miketheterrible, LMFS, Hole and Podlodka77 like this post

owais.usmani dislikes this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:18 am

limb wrote:I never got an answer why Russia simply doesn't commit more equipment. It has so many more soldiers in reserve.

If one commits too many troops you lose the ability to recycle troops on a routine basis to allow troops to rest and recuperate. Russia can keep 200k troops in the field and fighting on a continual basis. They couldn't do that with 500k.

Russia is fighting a smart war, and keeping the bulk of her military power available should NATO do something stupid. It will take longer to achieve their goals, and will be a more complex operation but it is best option to keep losses to a minimum. Depleting ordnance stores in a massive bombardment and zerging the Uruks in a mass assault will severely reduce Russian overall military deterrence against a terminally-butthurt NATO. Only a fool would conduct the war in such a way.

GarryB, psg, Airbornewolf, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK, Ispan and like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:42 am

If they sign a deal then so be it, they sent a guy like medinsky, well it would make us fools to pretend they didn't already make this deal behind closed doors

I can't say I didn't see it coming, I didn't want to see it, but I am not a decision maker

We're all hostages to this so , let them do what they must if it will end this disaster

Any pride we had was thrown in a trash compactor so , life goes on

Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ and Podlodka77 dislike this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:37 am