Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+79
Scorpius
auslander
adder
sundoesntrise
franco
Eugenio Argentina
Atmosphere
pavi
dino00
lyle6
billybatts91
wilhelm
Singular_Transform
Arrow
higurashihougi
mnrck
ahmedfire
ATLASCUB
Hannibal Barca
ArgentinaGuard
ScotchedEarth
Ispan
nero
The Ottoman
psg
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
lancelot
Azi
limb
Werewolf
rigoletto
mack8
Serberus
Sujoy
OminousSpudd
GarryB
teh_beard
Yugo90
Erk
Odin of Ossetia
ucmvulcan
SolidarityWithRussia
bitcointrader70
AlfaT8
Broski
LMFS
Kriva
Big_Gazza
magnumcromagnon
thegopnik
Hole
Regular
GunshipDemocracy
Stealthflanker
medo
JohninMK
SeigSoloyvov
Mir
VARGR198
Walther von Oldenburg
Firebird
Urluber
Rasisuki Nebia
Airbornewolf
ALAMO
nomadski
Rodion_Romanovic
Vann7
George1
miketheterrible
flamming_python
par far
kvs
Isos
Karl Haushofer
EkErilaz
Arkanghelsk
Backman
d_taddei2
83 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4

par far

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4

Post  par far Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:31 am

d_taddei2 and Mir like this post

Backman
    Backman

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4

Post  Backman Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:31 am

I like Mark Sleboda's political analysis. But even he was dragged down by the English propaganda in the early days of the Syria war. And he was all skeptical and sketched out about it. He's acting the same way now. If he was triumphant , I'd have cause for concern.

On the other hand , Scott Ritter believes everything is going to schedule and is going just fine.  He's a real military analyst. Mark isn't. Here is Mark and Scott. Fast forward toward the middle for Scotts segment

Ritter says that this is a route , a complete annihilation.

https://youtu.be/yjOkk-xfMfQ

Last edited by Backman on Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, mack8, Big_Gazza, kvs and Mir like this post

Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:34 am

here's today war report, three different reports and lots of links to interesting stories

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2022/03/04/parte-de-guerra-04-03-2022-informes-y-cronicas-del-frente/

I got a few visits from Russia, somebody from here?

GarryB, kvs and miketheterrible like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:35 am

Sorry for your loss, may he rest in peace and may you and your family find some measure of comfort.

Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy and Arkanghelsk like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:40 am

miketheterrible wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:“Comrade President, Comrade Supreme Commander, I have said more than once that I am your infantryman, I am ready to give my life for you,” Kadyrov insisted. “But I cannot watch how our fighters are dying. I beg you turn a blind eye to everything and let them finish in a day or two what is happening there.”

According to Kadyrov, “only this will save our state and people.”

“I ask you to give our fighters the opportunity to prove themselves to the fullest, to give them the opportunity to use all their possible and impossible force in order to finish this once and for all,” he pleaded.

Midget is causing loss of morale across the ranks

Honestly this guy needs to go

I've defended this imbecile to no end, and even Ramzan kadyrov and the chechens are questioning this bs

Shut up already. Stop having a hissy fit for fucks sakes.  You aren't military, you aren't government, and you would have fucked up way worst.

So stop it. You are making yourself look stupid in front of people with real experience (not me).

People like you have driven off actual vets here. You, and others like bitcoin.

Calling the president, who actually took the risk, a midget cause he doesn't listen to your brilliant advice, makes you a dipshit.

Shall I mention that it was Putin who defeated Chechnya during second chechen war and put them in their place? The same putin fighting this conflict?

I wonder what kind of "general" you would be. I'm assuming you would have far more deaths under your command in something like Fallujha. In this one, I assume you would just indiscriminately start dropping bombs and kill everyone, right?

AH, a typical rage filled response by mike!

The Chechen leader also stated his disagreement and I assure you that man has seen more blood and knows better than your ASS EVER WILL. I find it amusing how you say it's Arks advice completely ignoring the fact a season commander said it. But sit there and talk like you understand, your just a fanboy blindly supporting Putin when his actions are doing harm to RUSSIAN SOLIDERS.

The fact putin won that war and is acting like this is in the second is just an utter disgrace because HE KNOWS BETTER.

Arkanghelsk likes this post

Backman dislikes this post

Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:41 am

Unironically the most modern equipment in the Ukrainian military as of today.

Mir and Arkanghelsk like this post

Backman dislikes this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:48 am

Orlan wrote:I got news my friend sadly died fighting in Irpin. His name was Aleksej/Alexei, he was proud member of VDV, he died as hero 2 days ago defending two wounded brothers after an ambush on their vehicle. He was 28, from Moscow, Krasnogodsk district. His sister told me MoD will grant him a medal For distinction in combat, his body was retrieved.

He was there on day one landing as far as we know, defended that airport against all odds under barrage. I would appreciate if you had a drink in his name, kwas was his favourite.

I hope they turn Kiev into glass...I was hoping he is safe all this time hence my huge frustration.

My condolences have one soldier to the next, he died protecting his comrades. A true friend and solider until the end, I wish his family all the best.

I shall have a drink of Kwas tonight in his honor.

flamming_python, GunshipDemocracy and Arkanghelsk like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:49 am

Mir wrote:Somehow you trolls believe that a conflict is possible without any losses from the attacker - just shows how naive/clueless you guys are or you're just trolling for the sake of trolling.

People have been taken in by Murkan propaganda that their campaigns are quick and without cost to themselves, eg Iraq war propaganda. These same people therefore ridicule Russia when it can't do in reality what Murkans claim to be able to do in their PR...

The Western herd, trapped in a closed echo chamber, can think what they want, it makes zero difference. It would matter in a true democratic society where leaders needs to account for the public mood (where at least theoretically, western governments might be pushed into a military involvement if public mood was strong enough) but the West is at best a neoliberal capitalist oligarchy, where democracy is managed, where "leaders" are all cut from the same cloth and the adversarial governmental model is corrupted by both cheeks of the same arse adopting the same groupthink. Western regimes will do as they choose, and the public be damned.

Let 'em howl. Let 'em rage. Let them fully realise their impotency, watch it sink in to their tiny little closed minds, them let them rage & howl some more... Twisted Evil

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Backman and Mir like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:51 am

I mean that Tigr won't do them much good lol. I wonder how long it will last before the russians pop it

GunshipDemocracy, Arkanghelsk and ucmvulcan like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:57 am

They don't use military vehicles anymore. Easy targets. They are 100% guerilla tactics mode now.
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:58 am

Haha

“The US administration is alarmed by the decision of Roskomnadzor to block the social network Facebook in Russia.” - Psaki

Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, LMFS, Mir, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:59 am

The coupe de grace is limbering up, getting ready to go. Those who wondered what the Russians were up to are about to find out.

First we had the convoy from the north, now estimated at 64km long

Now a second massive column appears in Crimea

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 16 FNCtaPqXEAUD8_L?format=jpg&name=small

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 16 FNCthWNXIA4rD4H?format=png&name=360x360

magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, LMFS, Mir and like this post

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:00 am

Orlan wrote:I got news my friend sadly died fighting in Irpin. His name was Aleksej/Alexei, he was proud member of VDV, he died as hero 2 days ago defending two wounded brothers after an ambush on their vehicle. He was 28, from Moscow, Krasnogodsk district. His sister told me MoD will grant him a medal For distinction in combat, his body was retrieved.

He was there on day one landing as far as we know, defended that airport against all odds under barrage. I would appreciate if you had a drink in his name, kwas was his favourite.

I hope they turn Kiev into glass...I was hoping he is safe all this time hence my huge frustration.

My sympathies. He is now a hero for the resistance, for Russia.

Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

SolidarityWithRussia

Post  SolidarityWithRussia Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:09 am

I have a hypothetical question: What would happen, if Russia tried to use the Bosporus strait for its warships and Turkey attacked them? Would Turkey be able to use Article 5 of Nato (An Attack Against One...) or would Turkey be on its own officially, because it attacked first?
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:11 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:“Comrade President, Comrade Supreme Commander, I have said more than once that I am your infantryman, I am ready to give my life for you,” Kadyrov insisted. “But I cannot watch how our fighters are dying. I beg you turn a blind eye to everything and let them finish in a day or two what is happening there.”

According to Kadyrov, “only this will save our state and people.”

“I ask you to give our fighters the opportunity to prove themselves to the fullest, to give them the opportunity to use all their possible and impossible force in order to finish this once and for all,” he pleaded.

Midget is causing loss of morale across the ranks

Honestly this guy needs to go

I've defended this imbecile to no end, and even Ramzan kadyrov and the chechens are questioning this bs

I was against this war in the beggining and still am, and always will be

I will never forgive Putin for this

Maybe there wasn't another way out. With Zelensky expanding the army, inviting the Brits in to build a base in Odessa. The Americans too. And basically becoming an unofficial member of NATO. Then trying to introduce more forces into the Donbass. Shelling going on randomly. Tanks being pulled right to the edge of Lugansk to shoot at it periodically. And no pressure being applied on the Ukraine to implement Minsk.

But only because of Putin, and his whole system, and the whole economy which he has built.
    If all that stuff was different, we wouldn't be in this situation, when we invade a neighboring nation. And yes a brother people, even if they're brainwashed out of it (and so are we).

But in as far as the war is going, Putin is pursuing the correct strategy. The most important thing is to maintain discipline, and avoid civilian deaths. Encircling the enemy rather than torching them is the right strategy. Russian forces are trying to show the people that they're not the same as this Nazi filth.

As for Mr. Kadyrov - he will say whatever the Kremlin itself asks of him. This is just a pressure tactic on Kiev, "to let loose the dogs of war" so to speak. I will assume that if the next round of negotiations do not bring success, then the Kadyrovites, along with the SSO and all the Spetsnaz units will be sent to flush out Kharkov at the very least. And they will do it rather quickly.

Regular, GunshipDemocracy and Arkanghelsk like this post

magnumcromagnon, zepia and Backman dislike this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:14 am

The verminous Ottoman cockroach that trolls this thread won't like to see this... Razz Razz Razz

psg, Big_Gazza, Isos, miketheterrible, LMFS, Mir and Broski like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:16 am

So it's day 7-8, the Russian army has covered ground as big as the UK. And the president of Ukraine is rumored to have fled the country and is holled up in Poland.

And people's conclusion to this is that the Russian military is losing.

flamming_python, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, zepia, miketheterrible, LMFS and like this post

Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:25 am

Quick question, if the whole point of this operation is demilitarization and denazification, wouldn't the Russian military have to go to western ukraine to flush out the banderites hiding there?
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:25 am

The double cauldrins that 10's of 1000's of Ukraine troops are being surrounded by , how many chances should they get to surrender ? I think maybe let starvation set in for awhile first. Give them a chance to think about it.

Big_Gazza and Mir like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:27 am

Broski wrote:Quick question, if the whole point of this operation is demilitarization and denazification, wouldn't the Russian military have to go to western ukraine to flush out the banderites hiding there?

There's a plan. It's top secret. All we know now is Russia has air supremacy over the whole country, including the west.

Big_Gazza likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:28 am

No one is suggesting that Russia is losing

The issue is the loss of men , which is happening due to an easy going approach by the military

Losses are high enough, this is going off MOD numbers strictly

It has nothing to do with western propaganda

It has to do with the fact that soldiers died , when they didn't have to

No matter how people want to cover it up, dress it up, or shape it up

It is what it is, people lost their lives , trying to enter cities, hold positions, and maneuver by fire without the correct amount of pressure applied on the enemy

I am not against the war, UKRs are not brotherly people

They are enemy combatants who shoot at our forces and do not deserve mercy

I give a shit about Ukraine or its people

I have seen how they speak, if they are brainwashed I dont give a damn

To hell with them all, the ones that are friendly are hiding 

Everyone else is a nazi in my eyes and should have been hit hard 

Rather pay money for reconstruction then lose 500 more guys

Last edited by Arkanghelsk on Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:30 am

flamming_python wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:“Comrade President, Comruccess, then the Kadyrovites, along with the SSO and all the Spetsnaz units will be sent to flush out Kharkov at the very least. And they will do it rather quickly.

Asking flaming python

How did you feel in the early days of the Syria war when Russia went in ? Be honest. It's all on the record

Last edited by Backman on Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    limb

Post  limb Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:31 am

A better question is if this operation is to save people from banderite terrorism, wouldn't one of the big priorities be destroying ukroshit artillery in donbass ASAP? Why is the russian military still allowing banderites to be in range of gorlovka and donetsk, when they can easily silence the artillery there, since they have tracked its movements for 8 years?It sucks that civilians are still dying in the DNR from casual ukro artillery strikes.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:33 am

flamming_python wrote:I will never forgive Putin for this

No one gives a flying-747-f*ck about a rando emo-Marxist feelings, when just a week ago you were literally calling for Russia to give up all it's new geo-strategic weaponry to appease the Amercuntski's....you Dollar Store Gordochev. clown

Chicken-Little just a year ago you said the sky was falling, and you were screaming bloody murder, like a howler monkey about VKS destroying Turkish soldier positions on the outskirts of Idlib. Safe to say your hot takes during that time have aged horribly!!! pwnd pwnd pwnd

Big_Gazza, LMFS and Broski like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:34 am

Broski wrote:Quick question, if the whole point of this operation is demilitarization and denazification, wouldn't the Russian military have to go to western ukraine to flush out the banderites hiding there?

I will have to agree with the analysis by Mercouris that westernmost Ukraine aka proper Banderastan may be like Idlib in Syria.
    Russia will squeeze out the Banderite paramilitaries and the leftovers from the Ukr army into this holding tank.

It would be a massive wast of resources and effort to pacify Banderastan's heartland. Let them stew in their own shit.
    Securing the Polish border is meaningless since the western border of Zhytomir and Vinnitsa could serve the same purpose.

GarryB and Mir like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:13 pm