Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+77
lancelot
Stealthflanker
Dr.Snufflebug
PortugueseMan
Firebird
adder
jhelb
lyle6
ahmedfire
littlerabbit
caveat emptor
ALAMO
chinggis
auslander
Walther von Oldenburg
EkErilaz
Backman
franco
billybatts91
Dima
Broski
Arrow
Tolstoy
GarryB
Maximmmm
Erk
Sujoy
Rasisuki Nebia
Ghoster
sundoesntrise
Yugo90
Atmosphere
Krepost
mack8
ucmvulcan
Autodestruct
thegopnik
Big_Gazza
d_taddei2
Tingsay
Kriva
GunshipDemocracy
dante6913
AlfaT8
Regular
Werewolf
SolidarityWithRussia
Cheetah
par far
Vann7
Ispan
Karl Haushofer
LMFS
Odin of Ossetia
ATLASCUB
Hannibal Barca
ArgentinaGuard
Airbornewolf
zorobabel
rigoletto
flamming_python
limb
teh_beard
miketheterrible
Isos
Urluber
PapaDragon
nomadski
Hole
JohninMK
bitcointrader70
SeigSoloyvov
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Arkanghelsk
kvs
mnztr
Mir
81 posters

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    The Ottoman
    The Ottoman


    Posts : 287
    Points : 311
    Join date : 2015-09-25

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  The Ottoman Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:45 pm

    The closing of the Straits is a good anti-NATO tactic from Turkey.

    It wont effect Russia's militairy operations against Ukraine because the Russian Black Sea Fleet is ALREADY in the Black Sea.

    But NATO ships (US, UK, France etc) would DEFINITELY not enter the Black Sea now.

    Very good decision that benefits Russia.

    And if Russia need something from the Latakia Port, they can just fly over Turkey to bring it to Crimea. Because Turkey doesnt apply with the anti-Russian sanctions.


    Last edited by The Ottoman on Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Hole and Yugo90 like this post

    kvs
    kvs


    Posts : 13373
    Points : 13518
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Kanada

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  kvs Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:47 pm

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 025c003c5638

    Liberated population points in Lugansk.

    dino00, Big_Gazza, zardof, LMFS, Yugo90 and Urluber like this post

    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf


    Posts : 1131
    Points : 1199
    Join date : 2014-02-05
    Location : https://odysee.com/@airbornewolf:8

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Airbornewolf Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:49 pm

    d_taddei2 wrote:Point 4 lambs to the slaughter. U have to laugh in the past when foreigners went off to fight they were classed as terrorists and their citizenship was taken away. Ukraine will have to ask EU countries to send them 16,000 additional body bags.

    4) The first of 16,000 foreign volunteers are ready to defend Ukraine, said the President of Ukraine. Earlier, The Minister for Foreign Affairs Kuleba said that the volunteers came from 16 countries, including Great Britain, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Poland, Israel and others

    Im sure the odds are in the favour of these brave volunteers that base their millitary knowledge on Call of Duty and Battlefield.
    "Oh i can finally fight russians!. just like in the games!".

    not to mentioned they swallowed their entire lives NATO propaganda how russians only use rusted old crap. and are untrained and unmotivated?.

    ....What could go wrong facing against an trained army?.

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 1lam2110

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 110

    ahmedfire, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, zepia, miketheterrible and like this post

    The Ottoman
    The Ottoman


    Posts : 287
    Points : 311
    Join date : 2015-09-25

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  The Ottoman Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:51 pm

    Russia must block the western parts of Ukraine and stop the weapon deliveries otherwise you are fighting like Don Quichot against the windmills.

    Also good idea to send Wagner and the Chechens of Kadirov to the street battles.

    Urluber likes this post

    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible


    Posts : 7403
    Points : 7377
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  miketheterrible Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:53 pm

    Airbornewolf wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:Point 4 lambs to the slaughter. U have to laugh in the past when foreigners went off to fight they were classed as terrorists and their citizenship was taken away. Ukraine will have to ask EU countries to send them 16,000 additional body bags.

    4) The first of 16,000 foreign volunteers are ready to defend Ukraine, said the President of Ukraine. Earlier, The Minister for Foreign Affairs Kuleba said that the volunteers came from 16 countries, including Great Britain, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Poland, Israel and others

    Im sure the odds are in the favour of these brave volunteers that base their millitary knowledge on Call of Duty and Battlefield.
    "Oh i can finally fight russians!. just like in the games!".

    not to mentioned they swallowed their entire lives NATO propaganda how russians only use rusted old crap. and are untrained and unmotivated?.

    ....What could go wrong facing against an trained army?.

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 1lam2110

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 110

    I wonder if they think they can call in an airstrike after a kill streak?

    ahmedfire, d_taddei2, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, Hole and Broski like this post

    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk


    Posts : 2423
    Points : 2425
    Join date : 2021-12-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:57 pm

    ⚡минобороны РФ: Все западные наемники, которые прибудут на Украину, не будут иметь прав на статус военнопленного

    @voenkorKotenok

    All western mercenaries who arrive will not have the status of prisoners of war...

    GarryB, ahmedfire, d_taddei2, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander and like this post

    Erk
    Erk


    Posts : 690
    Points : 701
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Empire of Lies

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Erk Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:06 pm

    d_taddei2 wrote:...

    4) The first of 16,000 foreign volunteers are ready to defend Ukraine, said the President of Ukraine. Earlier, The Minister for Foreign Affairs Kuleba said that the volunteers came from 16 countries, including Great Britain, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Poland, Israel and others
    Perhaps NATO have learnt something from the "little green men" that helped Donbas back in 2014.


    Last edited by Erk on Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible


    Posts : 7403
    Points : 7377
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  miketheterrible Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:07 pm

    Erk wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:P...

    4) The first of 16,000 foreign volunteers are ready to defend Ukraine, said the President of Ukraine. Earlier, The Minister for Foreign Affairs Kuleba said that the volunteers came from 16 countries, including Great Britain, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Poland, Israel and others
    Perhaps NATO have learnt from the "little green men" that helped Donbas back in 2014.

    Except nato is incompetent.

    d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, Broski and Urluber like this post

    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk


    Posts : 2423
    Points : 2425
    Join date : 2021-12-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:07 pm

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Screen25

    Situation near Kruvvy Rog

    Russians approach the city


    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Screen26

    The odessa landing group is arriving , in concert with the grouping of forces west of Nikolayev

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Screen27

    Kiev progress since the 28th of February, Russia has one last corridor open to the south

    Update later will show kiev is most likely closed

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Screen28

    Capture of Kharkov is confirmed, Russians knocked the city down and continue now pursuing nationalists towards Poltava, though nationalists will most likely join the 12 trapped brigades of VSU in donetsk

    With Odessa landings, encirclement of Kiev, kruvvy Rog , sealing of donetsk cauldron, and expansion towards Zakarpatiya , the war transitions from demilitarization to denazification with Uran 9 probably roving cities and engaging nazis

    d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, zardof, miketheterrible, Hole, Mir and like this post

    kvs
    kvs


    Posts : 13373
    Points : 13518
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Kanada

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  kvs Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:08 pm

    Erk wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:P...

    4) The first of 16,000 foreign volunteers are ready to defend Ukraine, said the President of Ukraine. Earlier, The Minister for Foreign Affairs Kuleba said that the volunteers came from 16 countries, including Great Britain, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Poland, Israel and others
    Perhaps NATO have learnt from the "little green men" that helped Donbas back in 2014.

    What? Those polite people were the Russian soldiers stationed in Crimea under treaty. They were not invaders and certainly
    not mercenaries.

    Werewolf, Big_Gazza, auslander, JohninMK, miketheterrible, Mir, Broski and Urluber like this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 7278
    Points : 7354
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  flamming_python Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:12 pm

    Kharkov is still contested

    Had a garrison of 10,000 before the war.

    They still hold most of the districts of the city. There have been some strikes against neo-Nazi gathering buildings.
    But civilians are suffering too, there have been some houses and apartment blocs hit as well. In Zhitomyr too.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk


    Posts : 2423
    Points : 2425
    Join date : 2021-12-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:12 pm

    Denazification operations in cities will resemble anti terror ops in Dagestan

    Heavy FSB spetsnaz with flamethrower , nerekhta, Uran 9, Lancet, Orlan, and Bmps encircling buildings with nazis, using bulletproof shields, Bizon pp19, as val , and other such weapons for anti terror /denazification

    They will use special forces and robots to take the cities with overhead drone support

    Its Dagestan 2.0

    dino00, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, Hole, Broski and Urluber like this post

    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible


    Posts : 7403
    Points : 7377
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  miketheterrible Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:13 pm

    https://twitter.com/ASBMilitary/status/1499385395599101953?s=20&t=sxrcYCzYQq-5Cn_JX3MhbA

    Units from Kadirov brigade showing off trophies.

    ahmedfire, Big_Gazza, Hole, Yugo90, Broski and Urluber like this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 7278
    Points : 7354
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  flamming_python Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:15 pm

    The Ottoman wrote:The closing of the Straits is a good anti-NATO tactic from Turkey.

    It wont effect Russia's militairy operations against Ukraine because the Russian Black Sea Fleet is ALREADY in the Black Sea.

    But NATO ships (US, UK, France etc) would DEFINITELY not enter the Black Sea now.

    Very good decision that benefits Russia.

    And if Russia need something from the Latakia Port, they can just fly over Turkey to bring it to Crimea. Because Turkey doesnt apply with the anti-Russian sanctions.

    Pretty clever, I agree, as well as avoiding sanctions.

    What's Erdogan's angle in all this?

    I thought he closed ranks with NATO as soon as Russian troops started gathering at the border.
    There were reports of the US suddenly disfavoring Greece's pipeline project, looking into F-35 sales to Turkey again, the EU putting membership on the table again for Tukrey, and a bunch of other things.

    What's interesting is that Iran, Iraq and Syria are all not voting against Russia at the UN. Wouldn't have expected that from Iraq, but then I guess its mostly controlled by Iran by now.

    Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 7278
    Points : 7354
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  flamming_python Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:16 pm

    Arkanghelsk wrote:Denazification operations in cities will resemble anti terror ops in Dagestan

    Heavy FSB spetsnaz with flamethrower , nerekhta,  Uran 9, Lancet, Orlan, and Bmps encircling buildings with nazis, using bulletproof shields, Bizon pp19, as val , and other such weapons for anti terror /denazification

    They will use special forces and robots to take the cities with overhead drone support

    Its Dagestan 2.0

    I suspect what Russia will try to do is start fielding anti-fascist forces in the parts of the Ukraine it has occupied, from among the local population.

    Werewolf, Big_Gazza, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk


    Posts : 2423
    Points : 2425
    Join date : 2021-12-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:17 pm

    flamming_python wrote:Kharkov is still contested

    Had a garrison of 10,000 before the war.

    They still hold most of the districts of the city. There have been some strikes against neo-Nazi gathering buildings.
    But civilians are suffering too, there have been some houses and apartment blocs hit as well. In Zhitomyr too.
    Yes but they are hiding mainly, the main object is to identify there they are and contain them until major denazification can begin

    Russia has units in Kharkov and can control the situation 

    Right now the ops east of Nikolayev, encirclement of Kiev, also of Kruvvy Rog take precedence over the denazification ops

    As MOD said we are beginning to TRANSITION from demilitarization to denazification 

    Still some ops left here and there , but the window is closing


    Also I am looking forward to seeing naval infantry land in odessa, the Ropucha landing ships and Ivan Gren ships will show their worth

    Ka52 also will work on enemies, seize the port and the guys from 58th and 22nd turning west towards Odessa need to keep the pace

    It's a Naval infantry vs VDV vs Ground Forces race right now to Odessa


    Last edited by Arkanghelsk on Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

    Werewolf
    Werewolf


    Posts : 5642
    Points : 5839
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Werewolf Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:20 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:Denazification operations in cities will resemble anti terror ops in Dagestan

    Heavy FSB spetsnaz with flamethrower , nerekhta,  Uran 9, Lancet, Orlan, and Bmps encircling buildings with nazis, using bulletproof shields, Bizon pp19, as val , and other such weapons for anti terror /denazification

    They will use special forces and robots to take the cities with overhead drone support

    Its Dagestan 2.0

    I suspect what Russia will try to do is start fielding anti-fascist forces in the parts of the Ukraine it has occupied, from among the local population.

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Screen10

    Hole likes this post

    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2


    Posts : 2626
    Points : 2802
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  d_taddei2 Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:20 pm

    1) Panama-registered Estonia-owned general cargo vessel HELT imo:8402589 has sunk in Black Sea near Odesa after allegedly hit by seamine. 2 crewmembers rescued. 4 unaccounted

    2) Verkhovna Rada today imposed life imprisonment for looting, sabotage, treason, approved the nationalization of Russian property and approved Zelensky's decree on mobilization
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2


    Posts : 2626
    Points : 2802
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  d_taddei2 Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:25 pm

    Good RT footage of Russian troops in Ukraine Kiev area, also using pontoon bridges, and pallets of NLAW captured. Just shows Ukrainian forces blowing bridges up didn't stop advancement Very Happy

    GarryB, ahmedfire, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, Yugo90 and Broski like this post

    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk


    Posts : 2423
    Points : 2425
    Join date : 2021-12-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:26 pm

    Nazis are threatening hostages at 34th school in mariupol

    They're goin beslan here , maybe such ops must speed up

    As in denazification

    Big_Gazza, Yugo90 and Urluber like this post

    avatar
    Yugo90


    Posts : 130
    Points : 130
    Join date : 2020-10-24

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Yugo90 Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:28 pm

    Arkanghelsk wrote:Nazis are threatening hostages at 34th school in mariupol

    They're goin beslan here , maybe such ops must speed up

    As in denazification
    they are going to kill poor people and blame it on Russia....i hope they turn those nazi idiots into dust

    Big_Gazza, miketheterrible, Broski, Belisarius and Urluber like this post

    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk


    Posts : 2423
    Points : 2425
    Join date : 2021-12-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:33 pm

    The nazis who kill hostages should be taken alive and prosecuted in LDNR court

    They should be worked in construction, and rebuilding

    Then they should do a long prison time. Suddenly one day, they will be taken out back and disposed of.

    They are criminals with charges of genocide, since LDNR is not Council of Europe, the death penalty will suit them after hard labor, and prison sentence

    Big_Gazza and Hole like this post

    Broski
    Broski


    Posts : 424
    Points : 426
    Join date : 2021-07-12

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Broski Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:40 pm

    Can someone explain to me how Russia will resolve the political aspect of the Ukraine operation? A few pages back it was mentioned that Zelensky would most likely flee the Ukraine and continue to act as President in absentia, just as Guaido tried to do to Venezuela. Would there be any way for Russia to counter that without resorting to splitting Ukraine into several new territories?
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Aery4CZ
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk


    Posts : 2423
    Points : 2425
    Join date : 2021-12-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:43 pm

    https://sputniknews.com/20220303/us-military-intel-launched-large-scale-campaign-to-recruit-pmc-contractors-for-ukraine--russian-mod-1093555001.html

    It seems PMC have begun entering Ukraine, the conflict could take on a different scale

    VKS will be needed and also stronger AD

    But committed involvement of the VKS

    AD functions should organize themselves and get ready for potential mercenary aircraft in the region flying under an unknown flag
    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 7278
    Points : 7354
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  flamming_python Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:45 pm

    Broski wrote:Can someone explain to me how Russia will resolve the political aspect of the Ukraine operation? A few pages back it was mentioned that Zelensky would most likely flee the Ukraine and continue to act as President in absentia, just as Guaido tried to do to Venezuela. Would there be any way for Russia to counter that without resorting to splitting Ukraine into several new territories?
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Aery4CZ

    The Ukraine won't be split, at least not by Russia

    But even in the scenario of maximum Russian military success, the western half of the country won't come under its control, there will probably be a new Ukrainian govt. declared in Lvov if the one in Kiev falls.

    Sponsored content


    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 39 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:49 am