Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+77
lancelot
Stealthflanker
Dr.Snufflebug
PortugueseMan
Firebird
adder
jhelb
lyle6
ahmedfire
littlerabbit
caveat emptor
ALAMO
chinggis
auslander
Walther von Oldenburg
EkErilaz
Backman
franco
billybatts91
Dima
Broski
Arrow
Tolstoy
GarryB
Maximmmm
Erk
Sujoy
Rasisuki Nebia
Ghoster
sundoesntrise
Yugo90
Atmosphere
Krepost
mack8
ucmvulcan
Autodestruct
thegopnik
Big_Gazza
d_taddei2
Tingsay
Kriva
GunshipDemocracy
dante6913
AlfaT8
Regular
Werewolf
SolidarityWithRussia
Cheetah
par far
Vann7
Ispan
Karl Haushofer
LMFS
Odin of Ossetia
ATLASCUB
Hannibal Barca
ArgentinaGuard
Airbornewolf
zorobabel
rigoletto
flamming_python
limb
teh_beard
miketheterrible
Isos
Urluber
PapaDragon
nomadski
Hole
JohninMK
bitcointrader70
SeigSoloyvov
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Arkanghelsk
kvs
mnztr
Mir
81 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

Urluber

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 18 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

Post  Urluber Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:18 pm

miketheterrible wrote:

Oh well.

Russia didn't learn first time, maybe they will second time.  So they lose an Il76 so that means they will have to build a new one.  Same base right?  Where are the fucking AD?

Russia shall demand war reparations from Kiev after this is over.
    If Kiev damaged Russian Il-76 then Russia takes the Kievan Il-76.

Well, I don't know what equipment Kiev has left but anyway. They won't need military.
    Isos
    Isos

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 18 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

Post  Isos Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:19 pm

Reports I read said possibly. S400 less then 50 kms away so questions if correct.

Where 50km away ? You protect air bases when the enemy has ymballistic missiles. You don't park your S-400 in the middle of nowhere.

They aren't facing NATO...

And the tor/pantsir need to protect those supply lines that were attacked by TB2, not send to far and given to the enemy. Now they could end up in USA.

Hole edit your post.

Arkanghelsk likes this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:19 pm

GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander and like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:21 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    Isos wrote:France has 500 companies in Russia. Almost 0 in Ukraine. It's just the political leadership that bends over US ones. The billionaires must be unhappy with all this.

Now that also the prime minister of Russia now froze their assets in Russia. They can't take it out of Russia.

BTW, the French Finance minister, in his retarded spiel, mentioned russias reserves are melting like snow in the sun.

Exactly how much has Russia spent on their reserves?

Next to nothing. Nabiullina apparently used some to intervene on the forex markets. But this was a temporary action since
    the CBR no longer does this after 2014. The Russian government has spent precisely zero of the CBR reserves.

Big_Gazza, miketheterrible, LMFS, Hole, Backman and Broski like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:21 pm

Urluber wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

Oh well.

Russia didn't learn first time, maybe they will second time.  So they lose an Il76 so that means they will have to build a new one.  Same base right?  Where are the fucking AD?

Well, I don't know what equipment Kiev has left but anyway. They won't need military.

They will take all the remaining stuff. They said demilitarizaion of ukraine. Il-76, t-80, AD systems will all be going to Russia. For the rest I doubt they have anytjing valuable.

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, miketheterrible, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

bitcointrader70

Post  bitcointrader70 Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:22 pm

miketheterrible wrote:Twitter posts and bitcoin fucking up the thread.

It’s you now. I fixed mine go back that post and remove the quote. That should fix it.
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:22 pm

All things considered, Putin looks very relaxed. That must be because CNN and Ukraine twitter are right about everything lol1

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, VARGR198, zardof, Hole and like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:23 pm

rigoletto wrote:[RT Telegram] Nord Stream 2 AG considers bankruptcy due to sanctions – Reuters citing sources

Time to deviate it to Kaliningrad.

I believe it has a branch going there already. But the terminus should be moved there as well.

rigoletto and Arkanghelsk like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:25 pm

Isos wrote:

Reports I read said possibly. S400 less then 50 kms away so questions if correct.

Where 50km away ? You protect air bases when the enemy has ymballistic missiles. You don't park your S-400 in the middle of nowhere.

And the tor/pantsir need to protect those supply lines that were attacked by TB2, not send to far and given to the enemy. Now they could end up in USA.

Hole edit your post.

I agree.

The base should still be protected by AD systems. Pantsirs and Tor. S-400 should be at the base as well. Why park em away? Unless they are just letting them strike the base and leave a non functioning il76 as a cheap target.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:26 pm

Isos wrote:

Hole edit your post.

I doubt the russias will let that TOR fall into our hands of course it is silly that somehow, it was close enough to the enemy to be ditched lol, unless the driver literally just left it there
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:27 pm

kvs wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    Isos wrote:France has 500 companies in Russia. Almost 0 in Ukraine. It's just the political leadership that bends over US ones. The billionaires must be unhappy with all this.

Now that also the prime minister of Russia now froze their assets in Russia. They can't take it out of Russia.

BTW, the French Finance minister, in his retarded spiel, mentioned russias reserves are melting like snow in the sun.

Next to nothing.  Nabiullina apparently used some to intervene on the forex markets.   But this was a temporary action since
    the CBR no longer does this after 2014.   The Russian government has spent precisely zero of the CBR reserves.

That's what I thought, I didn't see a single mention of sale off of reserves.

Big_Gazza likes this post

EkErilaz
    EkErilaz

Post  EkErilaz Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:28 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    Isos wrote:Another Toshka hit a russian air base. I thought they would learn the lesson. Still no AD there.

Toshka is an impressive missile. They should have kept it in service.

Oh well.

I beg to differ

t.me/voenkorKotenok/31646

you have to stop believing that equipment and soldiers are infallible, sometimes shit get thru that is just a fact of war.

Airbornewolf, miketheterrible and Arkanghelsk like this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:32 pm

With the large scale proliferation of ATGMs and MANPADs, Russia needs to press into service Orion and Okhotnik to identify and strike these ATGM and MANPAD units.

Vann7, Werewolf, miketheterrible, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:34 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Operation Barbarossa 2 was stopped

This is Bagration 2 , well really Operation Uranus 2

Army group South finds itself surrounded in Donetsk

Friedrich Paulus (Zelensky) is trapped

Bagration 2 will commence soon

Paulus (zelensky) must sign the surrender of his forces

Anyway Red Army will bypass trapped nazi pockets and continue the offensive

You are being waaaaay too generous with the ukies Laughing

Russia is fighting with two fingers of one hand against that nazi fringe and the poor people they are forcing to pretend they care until they get their chance to defect. Russia would never fight that way against a peer enemy, they would just throw their weight with full force and crush them with artillery and air raids instead of accepting casualties and slow progress to spare the country, its population and even its military.

Last edited by LMFS on Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

kvs, JohninMK, Hole, Backman and Arkanghelsk like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:37 pm

Sujoy wrote:With the large scale proliferation of ATGMs and MANPADs, Russia needs  to press into service Orion and Okhotnik to identify and strike these ATGM and MANPAD units.

I am starting to think that all these years of inaction by Russia were just them taking their time to prepare for the clean-up of Ukraine, both military and economically. In particular, the experience gained in Syria and their new operational concepts, equipment and tactics will be invaluable to deal with the militants that certainly will be supported by the West in the future.

GarryB, Sujoy and kvs like this post

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:41 pm

So what will the economic cleanup of Ukraine be like?
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:42 pm

Isos wrote:

Hole edit your post.

It is in between the Rostov and Taganrog Airbases with an intercept range of 250 kms.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:43 pm

franco wrote:
    Isos wrote:

Hole edit your post.

It is in between the Rostov and Taganrog Airbases with an intercept range of 250 kms.

Edit: I got an answer from a video.

Last edited by miketheterrible on Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:45 pm

EkErilaz wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    Isos wrote:Another Toshka hit a russian air base. I thought they would learn the lesson. Still no AD there.

Toshka is an impressive missile. They should have kept it in service.

Oh well.

I beg to differ

t.me/voenkorKotenok/31646

you have to stop believing that equipment and soldiers are infallible, sometimes shit get thru that is just a fact of war.

Thanks mate. I guess multiple were shot and some intercepted. Or fallen missiles may have caused some damage regardless.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:46 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

Next to nothing.  Nabiullina apparently used some to intervene on the forex markets.   But this was a temporary action since
    the CBR no longer does this after 2014.   The Russian government has spent precisely zero of the CBR reserves.

He may be referring to the IMF credits or assets that are blocked.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:47 pm

franco wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

He may be referring to the IMF credits or assets that are blocked.

Maybe, but what is blocked, they cant take apparently as per Borell.  So yeah.

But once again, it doesn't make sense since Russias reserves are still at $640B.
    LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:53 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:So what will the economic cleanup of Ukraine be like?

I meant that Russia was preparing their economy for the backlash resulting from starting such an operation in Ukraine by diverting their exports to the East, saving massively, creating alternative payment methods and substituting imports, among many others.

Big_Gazza, kvs, miketheterrible and Broski like this post

limb

Post  limb Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:54 pm

Can anyone explain why we have pictures of abandoned Tors? Are they just thrown away in enemy territory? I thought Russian troops aren't Syrian.

Also how's the pincer operation going? Will troops in the south be able to link up with the ones in Kiev by tonight?

Is it true that Russian soldiers don't have encrypted radios?

Last edited by limb on Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    bitcointrader70

Post  bitcointrader70 Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:56 pm

limb wrote:Can anyone explain why we have pictures of abandoned Tors? Are they just thrown away in enemy territory? I thought Russian troops aren't Syrian.
    Poor logistics. They don’t have enough fuel. They prepared for a quick war. Just as US intelligence has been saying and suggested.

I’m sure things will turn around as they are making adjustments but that’s the facts.

Members on this forum will deny it but it’s quite obvious at this point to anyone who has telegram and a small bit of common sense.

Hope Russia bought some Bitcoin during the Covid crash.

Last edited by bitcointrader70 on Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Backman dislikes this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:57 pm

Isos wrote:
    Urluber wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

Oh well.

They will take all the remaining stuff. They said demilitarizaion of ukraine. Il-76, t-80, AD systems will all be going to Russia. For the rest I doubt they have anytjing valuable.

Probably not to Russia but to the Donbass troops.

Odin of Ossetia likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:15 am