Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+77
lancelot
Stealthflanker
Dr.Snufflebug
PortugueseMan
Firebird
adder
jhelb
lyle6
ahmedfire
littlerabbit
caveat emptor
ALAMO
chinggis
auslander
Walther von Oldenburg
EkErilaz
Backman
franco
billybatts91
Dima
Broski
Arrow
Tolstoy
GarryB
Maximmmm
Erk
Sujoy
Rasisuki Nebia
Ghoster
sundoesntrise
Yugo90
Atmosphere
Krepost
mack8
ucmvulcan
Autodestruct
thegopnik
Big_Gazza
d_taddei2
Tingsay
Kriva
GunshipDemocracy
dante6913
AlfaT8
Regular
Werewolf
SolidarityWithRussia
Cheetah
par far
Vann7
Ispan
Karl Haushofer
LMFS
Odin of Ossetia
ATLASCUB
Hannibal Barca
ArgentinaGuard
Airbornewolf
zorobabel
rigoletto
flamming_python
limb
teh_beard
miketheterrible
Isos
Urluber
PapaDragon
nomadski
Hole
JohninMK
bitcointrader70
SeigSoloyvov
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Arkanghelsk
kvs
mnztr
Mir
81 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

Regular
    Regular

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

Post  Regular Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:26 am

Ghoster wrote:All people in Ukraine are equal, but some Ukrainians are more equal.
    https://www.africanews.com/2022/02/28/russia-ukraine-conflict-africans-face-racial-discrimination-in-ukraine// wrote:
    A total of 4,000 Nigerian citizens are still stranded in Ukraine.

"There have been unfortunate reports (that) Ukrainian police and security personnel are refusing to let Nigerians board buses and trains" to Poland, said Nigerian presidential spokesperson Garba Shehu.

A video that circulated on Social media over the weekend, showed some Nigerian students sharing their plight.

Mr Shehu said there were claims that Polish officials had refused Nigerian nationals entry to Poland.

"It is important that everyone is treated with dignity and without favour," he stressed.

They are not Ukrainians, but Nigerians. They can go to Russia too if they are stuck, but it seems this issue was solved after this scandal. It's not their war, I fully understand them for running away. Hope they will not end up in some tent in the wintertime.
    Regular
    Regular

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

Post  Regular Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:37 am

https://twitter.com/Cen4infoRes/status/1498363094703259649

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 11 Image20

Landing strip - disabled or not?

Presumably, Iskander hits.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:38 am

Okay, I think I might have some idea what is behind all those abandoned Russian convoys

We have bunch Russian soldiers which have:

- Not been told that they are going to war

- Not been provided with air cover

- Not been provided with AA umbrella

- Not been provided with artillery support

- Only given obsolete vehicles

- Not been allowed to defend themselves in case they encounter enemies and are expected to just march to their own execution

So how do you avoid getting killed for nothing without deserting or surrendering?

That's right, you abandon your vehicle and say that it ran out of gas!!!

It's a perfect solution, there will still be plenty of idiots who will blindly stroll to their own slaughter without question but intelligent ones will immediately realize that something is very fishy and will figure out how to stay alive and remain free

Nobody with more than two brain cells would agree to get himself killed just so the enemy can live (and especially so they could satisfy whims of some senile delusional idiots in Moscow who think that Ukrainians are not a horde of homicidal Nazis)

And considering that Russian officers know what kind shitshow their own military is (logistics including) they will not make a fuss over something that is perfectly expected to happen

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:43 am

Regular wrote:https://twitter.com/Cen4infoRes/status/1498363094703259649

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 11 Image20

Landing strip - disabled or not?

Presumably, Iskander hits.

Not even close

Most of them missed on top

limb

Post  limb Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:44 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    Okay, I think I might have some idea what is behind all those abandoned Russian convoys

We have bunch Russian soldiers which have:

- Not been provided with AA umbrella

- Not been allowed to defend themselves in case they encounter enemies and are expected to just march to their own execution

So how do you avoid getting killed for nothing without deserting or surrendering?

It's a perfect solution, there will still be plenty of idiots who will blindly stroll to their own slaughter without question but intelligent ones will immediately realize that something is very fishy and will figure out how to stay alive and remain free

Nobody with more than two brain cells would agree to get himself killed just so the enemy can live (and especially so they could satisfy whims of some senile delusional idiots in Moscow who think that Ukrainians are not a horde of homicidal Nazis)

And considering that Russian officers know what kind shitshow their own military is (logistics including) they will not make a fuss over something that is perfectly expected to happen

Whats your source that this is a common occurance?
    mnztr

Post  mnztr Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:58 am

Regular wrote:

They are not Ukrainians, but Nigerians. They can go to Russia too if they are stuck, but it seems this issue was solved after this scandal. It's not their war, I fully understand them for running away. Hope they will not end up in some tent in the wintertime.

"Not their war"? Damn right its not their war. Not only that they are Ukraines guests. Every effort should have been made to facilitate their safe departure, not this disgusting and appalling behavior.

Big_Gazza likes this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:00 am

PapaDragon wrote:

I thought it was artillery that was the culprit? Most of them are destroyed. Or at least, first forward vehicles.

That's what POW's always say, how can you not know there's an active war when there are planes and artillery shells flying.

So it seems

We don't know, but most likely true.

Disagree, plenty of good equipment got abandoned too. Soldiers are in nice gear as well, all in new uniforms and helmets.

We don't know, but they did shoot up Ukrainian convoys

Where do you go from there? You are on the foot in the enemy territory

Logistics are usually counter to the last drop of fuel, I don't think anyone can claim that their tank ran out of this or that without proof. Also, good luck staying free if you are cought deserted or if you are caught by Ukrainians.

Nobody with more than two brain cells would agree to get himself killed just so the enemy can live

True

Sorry, don't understand this one at all. It wasn't even half bad even during first chechen war?
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:02 am

mnztr wrote:
    Regular wrote:

"Not their war"? Damn right its not their war. Not only that they are Ukraines guests. Every effort should have been made to facilitate their safe departure, not this disgusting and appalling behavior.

Wouldn't be quick to blame only Ukraine in this, apparently, it was Poland who refused to accept them. They had to shake the beehive.
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:06 am

Yugo90 wrote:Russia will probably win war on the ground but media war is something else..i have neveer seen so much propaganda in my life. Not even when covid was the "enemy". Its crazyy.

Unlike conventional beliefs, war at the ground is all it matters.
    Tell me a war that reversed by propaganda. None.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, auslander, miketheterrible and Broski like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:10 am

Hannibal Barca wrote:
    Yugo90 wrote:Russia will probably win war on the ground but media war is something else..i have neveer seen so much propaganda in my life. Not even when covid was the "enemy". Its crazyy.

Unlike conventional beliefs, war at the ground is all it matters.
    Tell me a war that reversed by propaganda. None.

People think wars are won on Twitter and CNN.

That propaganda is for western masses and trying to convince morons in Russia and Serbia who are either supporters of the west (wanting their own destruction) or nazi sympathizers.

Reality is quite a lot different.

It's just annoying as shit that people post the same garbage over and over again. Ukrainian propaganda.

GarryB, Werewolf, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs, Mir and Broski like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:21 am

Ukrainian members (and it seems we have so many) in Kherson, please stay safe, stay away from windows!

Russian troops, finally moving in formation and without vehicles.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1498525329459134472

Now, this will be bloody again... pale

Yugo90 likes this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:28 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    Usually I would ignore stuff like this as an empty rumor but considering what a clustefuck this entire "operation" was I have to ask anyway just to be sure:

I keep hearing (from both sides) that Russian troops are NOT allowed to use mortars

Is this true?

I haven't heard about this, if true the Russian soldiers should just stop fighting until they can properly act.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:29 am

Regular wrote:Ukrainian members (and it seems we have so many) in Kherson, please stay safe, stay away from windows!

Russian troops, finally moving in formation and without vehicles.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1498525329459134472

Now, this will be bloody again... pale

That is the price for minimizing civilian deaths. It is also clear that every apartment block is not a Banderite nest sitting in ambush.
    The Kiev regime floats on a thin crust of enforcers in central and eastern Ukraine. It has no depth. All the whiners in this thread
    expect Russia to antagonize the population for some preconceived vision of video game warfare. Russia is playing it very smart and
    the Banderite vermin is folding. Hard.

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, LMFS and like this post

Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:32 am

Exactly. Propaganda can boost your moral or demoralize you. This does matter. But in order something to count has to  reflect to the ground, else it doesn't matter.

Regarding the situation on the ground, the image I have is very unclear, I can sum my main thoughts:

-Russia moved in many fronts, very quickly the first 2-3 days

-Then progress stall, ground wise, but why or what is not clear

-Russia can keep this situation for years on end. Did it in Syria, certainly can do it in this theater. Hang on, this might take time. This has an advantage, Europeans will use to it

-The regime wants to hang on, resists and no cracks yet. This is not bad. A deal to save the regime and give everything else, can be reached

-Population is reluctant to support Russia. My guess is that most supporters feel that Russia sooner or later will leave again

-Russia is not going for manhunt of the main figures of the regime. Reason to me unknown

-West Ukraine remains untouched. Americans might attempt a Syria style illegal occupation, which would lead to half victory at best

-The encirclement on the East should complete before EOW, not sure if this would be enough

-As long as USA can only influence nato powers and direct puppets, situation is manageable economically

Last edited by Hannibal Barca on Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:34 am

miketheterrible wrote:

That propaganda is for western masses and trying to convince morons in Russia and Serbia who are either supporters of the west (wanting their own destruction) or nazi sympathizers.

It's just annoying as shit that people post the same garbage over and over again.  Ukrainian propaganda.

The yapping about Russia not fighting the information war in this thread and by Mercouris are delusional. Do these
    people expect the Russian viewpoint to be relayed by any NATzO mass media? What exactly do they want reported
    on RT that is not there already? Oh, and RT is being actively suppressed in the "free world".

There is no way that Russia can penetrate the NATzO and aligned bloc propaganda bubble. It is a totalitarian bastion
    and that is why its leaders act as if they are invincible and create reality. The only message Russia needs to send is
    that it is not afraid of NATzO threats and sanctions and to enforce its interests in Ukraine, Syria, and elsewhere.

Werewolf, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, miketheterrible, LMFS, Mir, Broski and like this post

rigoletto
    rigoletto

Post  rigoletto Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:35 am

RT (Telegram): Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov publishes video of Russian military forces in Ukraine

The footage shows a column of BM-21 “Grad” multiple rocket launchers in formation.

https://sendvid.com/l4sosk67
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:39 am

The population of the regime occupied cities is not going to run onto the streets to greet the Russian forces because it will be
    attacked by Banderites. People outside of Ukraine think it is some sort of normal country. It is a terror state and that has been
    clear since 2014. The trainloads of goons sent to Crimea should be a clue but people here ignore it completely. In Kharkov these
    goons succeeded in beating down dissent. For the last 8 years people have been living in fear.

As Russian forces suppress the Banderites installed in every population center do not expect the locals to take up arms against
    Russia. That is pure NATzO propaganda.

Werewolf, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, miketheterrible, LMFS, Hole and like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:39 am

kvs wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

It's just annoying as shit that people post the same garbage over and over again.  Ukrainian propaganda.

The yapping about Russia not fighting the information war in this thread and by Mercouris are delusional.   Do these
    people expect the Russian viewpoint to be relayed by any NATzO mass media?   What exactly do they want reported
    on RT that is not there already?   Oh, and RT is being actively suppressed in the "free world".  

There is no way that Russia can penetrate the NATzO and aligned bloc propaganda bubble.   It is a totalitarian bastion
    and that is why its leaders act as if they are invincible and create reality.   The only message Russia needs to send is
    that it is not afraid of NATzO threats and sanctions and to enforce its interests in Ukraine, Syria, and elsewhere.  

My wife made a good point. She said that Russia needs to start funding media that portrays to be Indian media, Chinese media, etc. Much how the US does it. People will know it's Russian funded BUT if it'd catered to the population of said region/country, then people will be inclined to watch it.

That is something Russia needs to drastically do.

Werewolf, Yugo90, Mir and Broski like this post

ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:45 am

rigoletto wrote:RT (Telegram): Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov publishes video of Russian military forces in Ukraine

The footage shows a column of BM-21 “Grad” multiple rocket launchers in formation.

There is good humor and tranquility.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:50 am

I don't think anyone posted this, but Ukrainian civilians are collecting leftover Russian vehicles

https://t.me/istorijaoruzija/37486

BTR-82A being driven away. How stupid you have to be - they can be shot by Russians or Ukrainians

Broski likes this post

limb

Post  limb Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:55 am

Regular wrote:I don't think anyone posted this, but Ukrainian civilians are collecting leftover Russian vehicles

https://t.me/istorijaoruzija/37486

BTR-82A being driven away. How stupid you have to be - they can be shot by Russians or Ukrainians
    How tf does a BTR get abandoned this way?
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:57 am

limb wrote:

I don't know, once we had to look through all the forest for lost AK-4 and got really abused after it. cry

Someone will be in big trouble after this.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 11 Image21

This is a pro-Russian TG channel and posted T-90 abandoned to civilians as well (most likely same tank as HMG is missing). I wish I would know how this is possible.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:03 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 11 110
    AK-12 with RPK magazine? Well, today he will have no choice but to use it as Russians are in Kharkov.

flamming_python likes this post

ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:06 am

Regular wrote:
    limb wrote:

I don't know, once we had to look through all the forest for lost AK-4 and got really abused after it. cry

Someone will be in big trouble after this.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 11 Image21

This is a pro-Russian TG channel and posted T-90 abandoned to civilians as well (most likely same tank as HMG is missing). I wish I would know how this is possible.

How the hell can you abandon a T90? It's crazy.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:09 am

Not if true or not taken from an article today. On potential reason behind the letters on Russian vehicles.

The Letter “V” represents the Russian Marines

The Letter “Z” represents units in the Eastern Military District

The Letter “Z” in a square represents the Southern Military District (Crimea)

The Letter “O” represents units from Belarus

The Letter “X” represents the forces of Ramzan Kadyrov, the Putin installed warlord of Russia’s Chechnya region.

The Letter “A” represents Russian Special Forces(SSO) like Spetznaz in its various operational units.

Kriva and rfan like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:42 am