Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+79
mnrck
GunshipDemocracy
OminousSpudd
psg
Odin of Ossetia
ucmvulcan
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Mir
teh_beard
jhelb
RTN
Maximmmm
LMFS
Azi
Rodion_Romanovic
higurashihougi
hoom
Rasisuki Nebia
zepia
Ispan
GarryB
Hannibal Barca
lancelot
x_54_u43
zorobabel
mnztr
Lurk83
thegopnik
PapaDragon
limb
Ghoster
Big_Gazza
Krepost
Finty
Autodestruct
PhSt
andalusia
Singular_Transform
Werewolf
Airbornewolf
Urluber
mack8
d_taddei2
miketheterrible
billybatts91
Broski
Firebird
Regular
bitcointrader70
nomadski
JohninMK
Walther von Oldenburg
Kriva
par far
VARGR198
auslander
Atmosphere
Vann7
Hole
rigoletto
franco
SeigSoloyvov
flamming_python
owais.usmani
Backman
EkErilaz
caveat emptor
kvs
George1
Sujoy
Arkanghelsk
Isos
The Ottoman
ATLASCUB
lyle6
Karl Haushofer
ALAMO
Cheetah
magnumcromagnon
83 posters

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

    avatar
    Regular


    Posts : 3111
    Points : 3091
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Fuck war

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

    Post  Regular Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:59 am

    ArgentinaGuard wrote:What news about the Nazis in Azov? Have they already been liquidated?

    Knowing them, they barely seen any action and will probably melt into civilians until anyone will hunt for them. Good luck finding them when they burn their papers and pretend they are civies fleeing war.
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB


    Posts : 1000
    Points : 1010
    Join date : 2017-02-13

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

    Post  ATLASCUB Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:05 am

    To get the mistakes corrected in order, and keep the pace, I do see wisdom in a partial mobilization. Not the least of which is to use the air force infinitely much more deliberately.

    To alleviate the load in certain areas of advance, certain pockets need to be completely taken out and liquidated soon. This can't drag on as a current fighting posture. The enemy is holding on more than just enough and this can't drag for weeks. Not only for political reasons but also for economic and military reasons.

    The old guard better get the fucking memo, this ain't the Soviet brotherhood no more. You're an invading force. Time is premium.


    Last edited by ATLASCUB on Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:08 am; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    Regular


    Posts : 3111
    Points : 3091
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Fuck war

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

    Post  Regular Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:06 am

    limb wrote:How did russian army units run out of supplies so quickly?
    Also i expected more use of guided artillery rounds. Russian tanks should also use gun launched missiles to knock out ukrainian tanks at range.

    I also noticed most photos of russian tanks in ukraine still have IR searchlights rather than thermals. Why is that?

    BTW was it confirmed if the strela 10 launcher that ran over a car with a person inside was russian or ukrainian?

    1. Probably strayed away from bulwark and got lost.
    2. We don't know if Russia is using guided artillery or not, it's impossible to tell. How can you say you expected or not if we don't know if they are used or not, it's not like we can inspect what is being loaded
    3. No point to use gun launched missiles when engagements happen so close. Only 1 tank duel recorded, you could throw a rock that far.
    4. Because they are old tanks with no thermals?
    5. Most likely Ukrainian. Crew panicked as they started to get underfire and lost control. MT-LB is not very good on road vehicle and like BMP, it likes to wiggle when turning the way tracks works. I wouldn't blame driver whoever he was.

    avatar
    ArgentinaGuard


    Posts : 142
    Points : 144
    Join date : 2022-02-27

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

    Post  ArgentinaGuard Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:07 am

    Regular wrote:
    ArgentinaGuard wrote:What news about the Nazis in Azov? Have they already been liquidated?

    Knowing them, they barely seen any action and will probably melt into civilians until anyone will hunt for them. Good luck finding them when they burn their papers and pretend they are civies fleeing war.

    There are videos where Ukrainian civilians are executed. It would be nice to kill those bastards. They are ignorant, defend a liberal, globalist and decadent West. Russia has a traditional or conservative world view.

    GarryB likes this post

    mnztr dislikes this post

    avatar
    Vann7


    Posts : 5264
    Points : 5368
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

    Post  Vann7 Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:08 am

    [quote="Hole"]
    LMFS wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:

    Russia is indeed not committing neither full force nor the best equipment, they probably do not want to destroy the country, the salvageable part of the armed forces or annoy the civilians too much. They still seem to plan their foreign interventions with the training budget so to say, and they need to keep their escalation capability just in case. The West is inching towards war with Russia, even when they don't have the guts for it they are rabid and almost losing control trying to make Russia pay for the loss of their ukie pawns, therefore anything could happen in case they detect any weak spot.

    They´re extremly careful. Just to be clear, that is not the steamroller modus of the russian armed forces you would see against countries like Poland or Germany. There they would give a shit if some village is burned down to the ground. But some of the areas they are operating in are either part of the LDR/DPR or will propably become part of Novorossiya (if the leadership in Russia deceides to form that country).


    completely truth..

    this is what the russian haters , in forums don't understand , and not supposed to know , since they are idiots.

    Russian army is fighting with extreme caution for not harming civilians ,but if that wasn't enough limitations ,they also trying to save the ukraine army too , to give them a chance to surrender..
    it doesn't take a genius to understand that such policy limits significantly the performance of the russian army.. because is far , far more easier ,to just raise to the ground cities.. the NATO way ,
    scorch earth tactics ,and wipeout everyone in cities without any care for civilians , and shoot to kill every ukraine military and no opportunity to surrender. just like they did in iraq.  If Russian military wanted to do this fast.. and was like the american or british , that don't give a shit of civilians lives ,
    then ukraine capital and all most important big cities ,captured in just 1 or 2 days. and even use biological weapons ,   just like american and british did against nazis in europe.

    All this extreme care , for civilians and for allowing ukraine army to also surrender , cause very huge risk for the russian army ,motivate the enemy to continue fighting if they don't fear you ,give a lot of time to kiev ,to organize ,plan and coordinate attacks.. but if you take them fast like a storm ,and bomb the hell their cities ,to shit them in their pants.. vast majority of the ukie army and civilians will have no will to resist and will just cooperate and in complete submission .   Because as everyone knows create terror, on your enemy , is a very powerful weapon.. it paralyze them , it block them, it don't allow them to think at all ,and will just surrender as soon see the russian soldiers entering their cities.

    so is putin softness and teddybear personality ,his rules of combat is what indirectly help this deaths in the russian military..
    but also his insane believe even after 22 years of president ,that the west and kiev are capable to negotiate peace with russia. No   he should be removed by the general staff command , and you will see how russia will be respected in the world , when they do things the iranian way..  shows complete determination to punish their enemies. and don't bluff.

    Russia will never experience peace ever doing what putin have been doing for 22 years..
    The only way Russia can get a VERY BIG chance for prosperity and peace , is either by disbanding the
    anglo world business order..  with superior high tech and space focused economy and a modern culture that dominates the entire world ,or with overwhelming military show of force ,with a major alliance , and planting the russian and allies flag in london and washington dc .



    Last edited by Vann7 on Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:46 am; edited 6 times in total

    Admiral Ushakov likes this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12191
    Points : 12251
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

    Post  PapaDragon Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:09 am


    As expected Russia is getting truckload of sanctions

    Not just big ones remaining like SWIFT but things like import of PC processors, getting kicked out of sport competitions, intercepting cargo vessels, etc...

    And it won't stop there, I know because I have seen it first hand for myself 30 years ago

    Next up is travel bans, tourism sanctions, consumer goods, electronic hardware and software, entertainment products (movies, TV shows, videogames), internet access, the list goes on

    This will all be felt in everyday life by average voter and those who are making decisions had to have known about this and they still went through with it

    This means that they either though that this would be worth it and/or is necessary or (and I shudder to think this) that they completely underestimated/ignored it

    Unlike Breznev's USSR today's Russia and it's military are not ran by geriatric club, decisions go through a lot of people before they are implemented and it's crazy that this was what they settled on after they crunched the numbers

    I really hope that it's not the worst case scenario (in which they completely slacked off and underestimated the ramifications) and that there is a really good reason for going full heavy metal

    Because having so many people making mistake that huge simply doesn't look realistic since it's a very straightforward situation in terms of political and economic consequences

    There had to be some logic behind it but what?

    This is why I am so completely confused about this whole thing




    flamming_python, par far, lancelot and Urluber like this post

    avatar
    Regular


    Posts : 3111
    Points : 3091
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Fuck war

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

    Post  Regular Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:11 am

    I am biased, but like many - I prefer ugly truth over sweet lies.
    I don't believe civilian population can be spared, not when Kiev armed 22k people with weapons. More to come. They also asked Ukrainians to dive on tanks with molotovs. Good luck staying clean in this environment.

    kvs, Arkanghelsk, Urluber and caveat emptor like this post

    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB


    Posts : 1000
    Points : 1010
    Join date : 2017-02-13

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

    Post  ATLASCUB Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:12 am

    Boy are you crazy. You still can't figure it out. Not even when explained with parlance.

    Accept that you were wrong and move on. It's happening. This is the ugly truth of what is at stake. Capitulate or ruin...capitulation being slow ruin. Those were the choices since 1991. Instead of living in limbo and forever guessing with your enemy, sometimes it's better just to get that out of the way. The response is clear. There is no place for Russia as a great, independent power in a Washignton, Global cabal dominated "rules based order". There won't be a place for China either, soon enough.


    Last edited by ATLASCUB on Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:19 am; edited 3 times in total

    Ispan, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12191
    Points : 12251
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

    Post  PapaDragon Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:15 am

    limb wrote:How did russian army units run out of supplies so quickly?...

    They didn't

    You are just reading the Twitter meme of the week

    There is a record amount of BS online right now, entire 7 years Syria worth of rumors cramped in the span of 2 days

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, Ghoster, thegopnik, LMFS, Mir, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

    avatar
    ArgentinaGuard


    Posts : 142
    Points : 144
    Join date : 2022-02-27

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

    Post  ArgentinaGuard Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:19 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    As expected Russia is getting truckload of sanctions

    Not just big ones remaining like SWIFT but things like import of PC processors, getting kicked out of sport competitions, intercepting cargo vessels, etc...

    And it won't stop there, I know because I have seen it first hand for myself 30 years ago

    Next up is travel bans, tourism sanctions, consumer goods, electronic hardware and software, entertainment products (movies, TV shows, videogames), internet access, the list goes on

    This will all be felt in everyday life by average voter and those who are making decisions had to have known about this and they still went through with it

    This means that they either though that this would be worth it and/or is necessary or (and I shudder to think this) that they completely underestimated/ignored it

    Unlike Breznev's USSR today's Russia and it's military are not ran by geriatric club, decisions go through a lot of people before they are implemented and it's crazy that this was what they settled on after they crunched the numbers

    I really hope that it's not the worst case scenario (in which they completely slacked off and underestimated the ramifications) and that there is a really good reason for going full heavy metal

    Because having so many people making mistake that huge simply doesn't look realistic since it's a very straightforward situation in terms of political and economic consequences

    There had to be some logic behind it but what?

    This is why I am so completely confused about this whole thing





    This is not just any war. It is the beginning of a world order. This was planned. Also do you think the West is going to have it easy?

    GarryB, LMFS, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

    thegopnik
    thegopnik


    Posts : 713
    Points : 719
    Join date : 2017-09-20

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

    Post  thegopnik Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:26 am

    they made their own electronics payment system and debit card network "Mir".
    Their electronics payment system is connected with banks in Turkey, India, and China.
    They also purged all their US treasuries and dollar reserves in the Central Bank.

    What they did not expect though was that the EU would freeze their euro reserves in the Central Bank.
    They gave Europe a chance to disconnect from the US. Europe has wasted their chance.

    GarryB, kvs, Broski and Urluber like this post

    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf


    Posts : 1008
    Points : 1076
    Join date : 2014-02-05
    Location : https://odysee.com/@airbornewolf:8

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

    Post  Airbornewolf Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:26 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    As expected Russia is getting truckload of sanctions

    Not just big ones remaining like SWIFT but things like import of PC processors, getting kicked out of sport competitions, intercepting cargo vessels, etc...

    And it won't stop there, I know because I have seen it first hand for myself 30 years ago

    Next up is travel bans, tourism sanctions, consumer goods, electronic hardware and software, entertainment products (movies, TV shows, videogames), internet access, the list goes on

    This will all be felt in everyday life by average voter and those who are making decisions had to have known about this and they still went through with it

    This means that they either though that this would be worth it and/or is necessary or (and I shudder to think this) that they completely underestimated/ignored it

    Unlike Breznev's USSR today's Russia and it's military are not ran by geriatric club, decisions go through a lot of people before they are implemented and it's crazy that this was what they settled on after they crunched the numbers

    I really hope that it's not the worst case scenario (in which they completely slacked off and underestimated the ramifications) and that there is a really good reason for going full heavy metal

    Because having so many people making mistake that huge simply doesn't look realistic since it's a very straightforward situation in terms of political and economic consequences

    There had to be some logic behind it but what?

    This is why I am so completely confused about this whole thing

    I dunno if you saw my PM Papadragon on your question of "why is this happening?" Wink.



    Basically Russia got tired of talking to an wall for almost an decade.

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 40 Geno11

    Hannibal Barca, kvs, VARGR198, Hole, Broski, Arkanghelsk and rfan like this post

    avatar
    ArgentinaGuard


    Posts : 142
    Points : 144
    Join date : 2022-02-27

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

    Post  ArgentinaGuard Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:28 am

    Regular wrote:I am biased, but like many - I prefer ugly truth over sweet lies.
    I don't believe civilian population can be spared, not when Kiev armed 22k people with weapons. More to come. They also asked Ukrainians to dive on tanks with molotovs. Good luck staying clean in this environment.

    There is a lot of propaganda of the Zielinski idiot. A molotov doesn't do anything to an armored car or tank.
    The Ukrainian is not a Muslim militiaman used to fighting for his survival or for a superior religious ideal. They are still "westerners", aspiring to enter a European Union plagued by hedonists. Many civilians living a normal life.

    GarryB likes this post

    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf


    Posts : 1008
    Points : 1076
    Join date : 2014-02-05
    Location : https://odysee.com/@airbornewolf:8

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

    Post  Airbornewolf Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:39 am

    Russians entered Kharkov, They seem to be engaged from residential buildings.
    Qeue the victim role because of russians returning fire on civilian buildings......

    Files added to drive. i am still blocked from youtube uploads.

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 40 Captur43

    Drive link:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dYyKpAdq_C4YopTL7js6FafJ6c3Aqnqi?usp=sharing


    Edit @ 06:47. Nova Kakhovka said the city is under Russian control.
    Also added unknown tank formation advancing in line formation to drive. Propably russian.


    Last edited by Airbornewolf on Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total

    d_taddei2, kvs, Ghoster, zepia, VARGR198, LMFS, Broski and like this post

    avatar
    Yugo90


    Posts : 130
    Points : 130
    Join date : 2020-10-24

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

    Post  Yugo90 Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:42 am

    Hello guys. Reading about the war everyday so i decided to write myself a little bit. First that i noticed is really crazy US/European propaganda. On every platform you can imagine. Facebook/instagram/twitter and normal news. They don't even write about vaccines anymore..only war. Most funny are hashtags that are used on instagram. #Stop putin# #stand with ukraine# and others. So there is no need for Russian army to be soft and nice to them....because in western media they will never write something nice about Russian troops. They should just watch that Russian army does not suffer huge loses and destroy every Ukrainan brigade that did not surrender. Who was smarrt enough to put down the weapon and walk away is already safe. So those who still fight for Nazi Ukraine should be destroyed.

    GarryB, Hannibal Barca, Admiral Ushakov and Urluber like this post

    crod
    crod


    Posts : 494
    Points : 531
    Join date : 2009-08-04

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

    Post  crod Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:44 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    As expected Russia is getting truckload of sanctions

    Not just big ones remaining like SWIFT but things like import of PC processors, getting kicked out of sport competitions, intercepting cargo vessels, etc...

    And it won't stop there, I know because I have seen it first hand for myself 30 years ago

    Next up is travel bans, tourism sanctions, consumer goods, electronic hardware and software, entertainment products (movies, TV shows, videogames), internet access, the list goes on

    This will all be felt in everyday life by average voter and those who are making decisions had to have known about this and they still went through with it

    This means that they either though that this would be worth it and/or is necessary or (and I shudder to think this) that they completely underestimated/ignored it

    Unlike Breznev's USSR today's Russia and it's military are not ran by geriatric club, decisions go through a lot of people before they are implemented and it's crazy that this was what they settled on after they crunched the numbers

    I really hope that it's not the worst case scenario (in which they completely slacked off and underestimated the ramifications) and that there is a really good reason for going full heavy metal

    Because having so many people making mistake that huge simply doesn't look realistic since it's a very straightforward situation in terms of political and economic consequences

    There had to be some logic behind it but what?

    This is why I am so completely confused about this whole thing


    I am glad you have asked this tbh. Up to now there's been nothing but big balls Russia this and big dick Russia that. Even more armchair generals but not a single economist.
    I too wonder what the hell Putin is thinking, I can only assume that a few months ago his intelligence chief informed him that Uki NATO membership was imminent and if Russia did not strike soon, its nuclear deterrent might be undermined.
    is there another justification though because as you've so rightly observed, the pain coming to all Russians is bloody real (you know it because you lived under it) as it will be relentless and severe. I can only assume the majority of posters here live in the very comfy West that they so despise and have no real understanding of what is about to happen re sanctions. When I read the comments here about war chests of money, sanction workarounds et al I'm left thinking that possible it's a maturity thing.
    It is going to be relentless and punishing and long lasting.  
    Not to mention Russians being isolated from everything that brings joy to their lives be it football, concerts or hosting major sporting events.
    So yes, a damn fine question - wtf is it all about and what price was so bad that this was the option??? I just do not get it.
    But I'm all ears....

    -------

    https://www.russiadefence.net/viewtopic.php?t=8745


    Last edited by crod on Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 33171
    Points : 33685
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

    Post  GarryB Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:06 am

    BTW was it confirmed if the strela 10 launcher that ran over a car with a person inside was russian or ukrainian?

    It happened before the Russians entered Kiev so it has to have been Ukrainian.

    Knowing them, they barely seen any action and will probably melt into civilians until anyone will hunt for them. Good luck finding them when they burn their papers and pretend they are civies fleeing war.

    Gonna be painful removing those tatoos though... Twisted Evil


    There are videos where Ukrainian civilians are executed. It would be nice to kill those bastards. They are ignorant, defend a liberal, globalist and decadent West. Russia has a traditional or conservative world view.

    The western supported extremists in charge of that country is why Russia is invading... it is just the neighbourly thing to do.

    And it won't stop there, I know because I have seen it first hand for myself 30 years ago

    Next up is travel bans, tourism sanctions, consumer goods, electronic hardware and software, entertainment products (movies, TV shows, videogames), internet access, the list goes on

    This will all be felt in everyday life by average voter and those who are making decisions had to have known about this and they still went through with it

    The real difference here is that Russia shares a border with China and is big enough to create its own consumer goods and electronic hardware and entertainment.... but the access to the wests BS at low prices because it is made by children in the third world means it is hard to get into that market and be successful.

    These sanctions clear the field for Russian companies and companies from the rest of the world that is not the west.

    This is like Russia banning the importation of cheap food from the EU.

    I don't believe civilian population can be spared, not when Kiev armed 22k people with weapons. More to come. They also asked Ukrainians to dive on tanks with molotovs. Good luck staying clean in this environment.

    When the civilian population take up arms and molotov cocktails then they are no longer civilians... if they want to die protecting the nazis that have misruled them then so be it.

    There is no place for Russia as a great, independent power in a Washignton, Global cabal dominated "rules based order". There won't be a place for China either, soon enough.

    Washington doesn't even treat its own allies with respect, there was no chance for Russia or China or India or any other country on the planet and as Washington makes that clear to every country one at a time the alternative to the west just keep getting bigger.

    This is pushing all the nukes at Russias disposal into the non west camp... and China is probably already there too.

    Who is next?

    I too wonder what the hell Putin is thinking, I can only assume that a few months ago his intelligence chief informed him that Uki NATO membership was imminent and if Russia did not strike soon, its nuclear deterrent might be undermined.

    When you hand a bully your strategic concerns and red lines and they laugh in your face and say no deal there is no real point in continuing discussion is there?

    Actions remain.

    When I read the comments here about war chests of money, sanction workarounds et al I'm left thinking that possible it's a maturity thing.

    No. It is a pride thing... when a bully demands you be their bitch and do what they say when they say that you can agree and get a nice comfortable life assuming your thoughts of comfort coincide with what the bully wants to allow you to have.

    Even if the bully is Mike Tyson, his big muscles and fighting skill would not protect him from the bullet from a gun.

    Not to mention Russians being isolated from everything that brings joy to their lives be it football, concerts or hosting major sporting events.

    Perhaps time to create their own entertainment and invite the rest of the world to join them.


    Sponsored content


    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu May 19, 2022 10:12 am