Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+85
Maximmmm
nero
kvs
ucmvulcan
crod
GarryB
Tingsay
zorobabel
Scorpius
LMFS
JohninMK
Kiko
ALAMO
VARGR198
Firebird
Azi
Rasisuki Nebia
Rodion_Romanovic
Krepost
Werewolf
thegopnik
GunshipDemocracy
Odin of Ossetia
AlfaT8
SolidarityWithRussia
PhSt
adder
Kriva
lyle6
zepia
SeigSoloyvov
PapaDragon
The Ottoman
Backman
miketheterrible
nomadski
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
lancelot
Ghoster
wilhelm
Arsenic
Big_Gazza
bitcointrader70
George1
caveat emptor
Singular_Transform
dino00
Mir
Urluber
Finty
Pacense
Arkanghelsk
Hole
hoom
Cheetah
franco
Walther von Oldenburg
Ispan
billybatts91
Yugo90
flamming_python
Isos
par far
owais.usmani
Lurk83
auslander
teh_beard
d_taddei2
mr_hd
EkErilaz
ali.a.r
Karl Haushofer
Serberus
Sujoy
OminousSpudd
Hannibal Barca
jhelb
limb
mnztr
Airbornewolf
Vann7
Regular
ATLASCUB
ArgentinaGuard
rigoletto
89 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

rigoletto
    rigoletto

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 Empty Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

Post  rigoletto Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:45 am

kvs likes this post

ArgentinaGuard

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

Post  ArgentinaGuard Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:46 am

Yugo90 wrote:Hello guys. Reading about the war everyday so i decided to write myself a little bit. First that i noticed is really crazy US/European propaganda. On every platform you can imagine. Facebook/instagram/twitter and normal news. They don't even write about vaccines anymore..only war. Most funny are hashtags that are used on instagram. #Stop putin# #stand with ukraine# and others. So there is no need for Russian army to be soft and nice to them....because in western media they will never write something nice about Russian troops. They should just watch that Russian army does not suffer huge loses and destroy every Ukrainan brigade that did not surrender. Who was smarrt enough to put down the weapon and walk away is already safe. So those who still fight for Nazi Ukraine should be destroyed.

I came to this forum to look for information. I tell you that in many Latin American countries they are censoring. There is a media war against Putin and Russia. One of the reasons is his opposition to "progressive" politics (gays, drugs, feminism)

nemrod, Hannibal Barca, kvs, Ispan, miketheterrible, Broski, sundoesntrise and like this post

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

Post  ATLASCUB Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:57 am

crod wrote:

I am glad you have asked this tbh. Up to now there's been nothing but big balls Russia this and big dick Russia that. Even more armchair generals but not a single economist.
    I too wonder what the hell Putin is thinking, I can only assume that a few months ago his intelligence chief informed him that Uki NATO membership was imminent and if Russia did not strike soon, its nuclear deterrent might be undermined.
    is there another justification though because as you've so rightly observed, the pain coming to all Russians is bloody real (you know it because you lived under it) as it will be relentless and severe. I can only assume the majority of posters here live in the very comfy West that they so despise and have no real understanding of what is about to happen re sanctions. When I read the comments here about war chests of money, sanction workarounds et al I'm left thinking that possible it's a maturity thing.
    It is going to be relentless and punishing and long lasting.  
    Not to mention Russians being isolated from everything that brings joy to their lives be it football, concerts or hosting major sporting events.
    So yes, a damn fine question - wtf is it all about and what price was so bad that this was the option??? I just do not get it.
    But I'm all ears....

There are also folks who understood what was at stake and at play, and also understood the consequences of an action of this magnitude - including, having lived the "consequences".

The kicker is that certain folks, in the horror of such naked brutality by Empire and cohorts, still think Russia had a good "stalling" choice remaining. Russia has been stalling and fumbling about since 1991 (and I say before that as well when "detente" with the U.S was agreed to - the beginning of the end for the Soviets). If you're not proactive, you're reactionary. Russia has endured misery, shame and embarrassment, has begged.... and still the empire looks at Russia with suspicion, and disdain, and as a potential threat to their dominance, forcing strategic refreat after retreat by any and all means short of suicidal world war. They proclaim loudly and in deed that Russia has no right to no sphere of influence - that is, the space required for forging a great nation. There is nothing left, as Putin, at least in this regard, articulates clearly.

Russia has the chance to embrace true independence and chart its own course. It's costly when an empire dominates the world with the goal of looking to make sure you stumble upon any rock you see. There is no place uncontested. No mistake goes unpunished. The other option is simple, be a subordinated bitch. But NOT even that (since Russia will always be a threat to their power), only dissolution of the Russian state will suffice their thirst. The Anglo-saxon alligiance, with its power base in Washington, is simply, an existential threat to the Russian state, and by extension, its people.

People here simply don't truly understand the empire, not to its true core.

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:21 am; edited 3 times in total

GarryB, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, zepia, Kriva, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:13 am

ArgentinaGuard wrote:
    Regular wrote:I am biased, but like many - I prefer ugly truth over sweet lies.
    I don't believe civilian population can be spared, not when Kiev armed 22k people with weapons. More to come. They also asked Ukrainians to dive on tanks with molotovs. Good luck staying clean in this environment.

There is a lot of propaganda of the Zielinski idiot. A molotov doesn't do anything to an armored car or tank.
    The Ukrainian is not a Muslim militiaman used to fighting for his survival or for a superior religious ideal. They are still "westerners", aspiring to enter a European Union plagued by hedonists. Many civilians living a normal life.

We will see if they are fanatics or not, but false sense of safety my lul them. They are not westerners.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:24 am

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E wrote:Governor of Mykolayiv Oblast Vitaly Kim says Russian tanks attacked Mykolayiv and were moving through the city. Heavy fighting was reported in Mykolayiv earlier on that day. Kim later posted a video denying reports he had been captured
    https://liveuamap.com/
    1h old

Means the Tanks have already come very farther west.

hehe.. Smile
    did anyone see the same thing with that map?

1)looks like Russian army is doing 2 major things.. one is block any new NATO weapons shipments
    trying to re-arm the ukraine army comming from western ukraine or even from across the border like romania ,poland or hungary. This will save a lot of lives in russian army.

2) they seeking create a road towards moldova to connect with transnistria where russia have soldiers trap, but also secure the road from any anti air defenses deployed there.. because NATO could try to restart another conflict , in moldova ,to create more pressure on russia military and this will require major support from russian airforce.

3) by capturing the middle of the west , west of the large dnieper river ,it split north ukraine from south ukraine ,This block reinforcements to odessa from the north and make it difficult logistics for ukraine to move to the east. basically block them. But such zone will require a lot of man power ,to hold it.. since NATO can send special forces from nato , well armed including drones ,to disrupt russian army operations , to slow them down , hit and run. entire batallions of mercenaries can come from ukraine borders with europe to help ukraine army push back the russians. From nato point of view , winning is not necessary , they know ukraine is lost.. but if they can significantly delay russian army advance ,it will cost a lot more burden in the russian economy ,the longer the war last. All those prepcision missiles cost a lot of money and russia don't have them in endless quantities.

rigoletto
    rigoletto

Post  rigoletto Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:33 am

crod wrote:I am glad you have asked this tbh. Up to now there's been nothing but big balls Russia this and big dick Russia that. Even more armchair generals but not a single economist.
    I too wonder what the hell Putin is thinking, I can only assume that a few months ago his intelligence chief informed him that Uki NATO membership was imminent and if Russia did not strike soon, its nuclear deterrent might be undermined.
    is there another justification though because as you've so rightly observed, the pain coming to all Russians is bloody real (you know it because you lived under it) as it will be relentless and severe. I can only assume the majority of posters here live in the very comfy West that they so despise and have no real understanding of what is about to happen re sanctions. When I read the comments here about war chests of money, sanction workarounds et al I'm left thinking that possible it's a maturity thing.
    Not to mention Russians being isolated from everything that brings joy to their lives be it football, concerts or hosting major sporting events.
    So yes, a damn fine question - wtf is it all about and what price was so bad that this was the option??? I just do not get it.
    But I'm all ears....

The thing about unilateral sanctions is they are unilateral (in this particular case USA/EU and a few other vassals) are just valid under their jurisdiction. A completely different case are UNSC sanctions like those over NK.

Both parties have little to no industries, most things are produced in China, and so everything necessary can be acquired using third parties, many of those likely to be doggy off-shore companies set by USA/EU companies... for this purpose.

The situation caused by the exclusion of the SWIFT should be normalized in a few months either by more countries connecting to the Russian system[1] or using agreements between banks. E.g.

VTB (Russia) is sanctioned since ages, but there are VTB Germany whose deal with Russian interests inside EU (also Sberbank in Czech Republic). VTB Germany can't deal directly with VTB Russia because of the sanctions, but it can with VTB Singapore or VTB Hong Kong, and so the money can just be routed thru these jurisdictions - at this point completely transparently and likely instantaneous since this happens inside the same bank in practice.

Ever if EU tell VTB to leave (it happened in UK but VTB UK was in there for specific market stuff) there are tons of banks that can do the same as intermediate, specially Raiffesen (largest chunk of their profit come from Russia).

Also, these sanctions will make the major products Russia export more expensive which actually will make more money flowing to Russia. People in West are not joking when they say Russia was sanctioned but they are the ones who will suffer - they will prices will scalate.

The only relatively concerning one is the one related to aircrafts but this is possible to workaround too, as Iran proved; however with the Russian airspace closed to several European carries it will add 2 to 5 hours to flights to Asia (and surely a increase in the ticket price), and as you can imagine very few Europeans are patriotic enough to pay more to fly more time to reach some destination they can pay less and get faster using a non-European airliner (and there are still the air cargo business also affected, which is ever more important and not locked by contracts with airports). These airlines will sustain serious financial losses and likely some will bankrupt... lets see how much time EU will keep this one.

Yet, Russia have not yet announced its actual counter sanctions. If their nuclear one is removing Russia of the SWIFT, the Russian one is closing the oil and gas taps... and there are still raw materials...

Do it for 3...6 months (just for fun) and the German economy will come close to a complete collapse (bringing the whole EU together) - they can't replace the Russian gas.

These "superior" German industries work with a tiny profit margin otherwise they can't compete with the Asians, and so they are VERY sensible to inflation, specially energy one. Just those few weeks the gas got to ~2000 EUR was enough to make the WHOLE German industry almost literally panic. Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 1f600

[1] this is a BIG PLUS since SWIFT transactions are not encrypted to start with. Every USD transaction done over SWIFT is routed thru the US datacenter where they monitor everything. VISA/AMEX/Mastercard etc also use SWIFT and so, they know abut every cent you spent using your debit/credit card for instance.

GarryB, Hannibal Barca, kvs, zepia, ATLASCUB, LMFS, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:37 am

Kharkov, Russians Advancing.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 Captur44

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 Kharko10

Edit @07:35:
    Russia pressing heavy inside Karkhov. Again get engaged in civilian area's:

files on drive called:
    Russian troops advancing. Kharkov 27th february
    Movement of the RF Armed Forces in Kharkov 27 february
    Movement of the RF Armed Forces in Kharkov 27 february

On drive:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dYyKpAdq_C4YopTL7js6FafJ6c3Aqnqi?usp=sharing

Last edited by Airbornewolf on Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:44 am; edited 2 times in total

Regular, d_taddei2, kvs, Hole and Arkanghelsk like this post

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:41 am

kvs wrote:The big story right now is that the dishing out of weapons to randos and prisoners let out to fight is resulting in damage
    to regime forces.   In Kharkov a Tochka-U system was destroyed by these "defenders".   They are basically wild animals on the
    loose and do not follow a tight command and control.   The shooting inside Kiev is all from gangs settling scores.

hehe.. this is exactly what i was thinking..
    By the "wise decision" of kiev to giving weapons to everyone , with the low popularity kiev regime have with its population , this create the problem ,that ukraine civilians and ukraine army will have no way to know who is in their side..  

civilian 1 : hey that one sold out to putin  kill him..   civilian 2 , no im a nazi.. don't shoot .. boom..
    civilian 3.. hey that one is a russian soldier with an ukraine uniform , shoot him... boom.. lol1

no joke ,you can make a movie scene with this retarded policy ,that will bring to tears everyone of so much laughing.

basically by spreading disinformation ,you can get nazis to kill each other ,and destroy each other by just saying they are putin's spies , or that sold out , while the russian army stay outside the city with popcorn enjoyinng the show ,until everyone realize is time to abandon the ship. and will asking russian army outside the city help ,for support. because there will be no way to know which armed civilian or even wich ukraine soldiers can be trusted. Laughing NATO NAZI project days in ukraine are gone for good.. russia

Last edited by Vann7 on Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total

lancelot likes this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:42 am

Street fighting reported in Kharkov

Check some videos

https://twitter.com/PussyRobbery/status/1497822512272584704

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1497820400608231425

Can't watch this.

Blood bath waiting to happen.
    mnztr

Post  mnztr Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:46 am

I don't believe civilian population can be spared, not when Kiev armed 22k people with weapons. More to come. They also asked Ukrainians to dive on tanks with molotovs. Good luck staying clean in this environment.

Well its impossible to not kill ANYONE, but if Russia is smart and uses snipers to take out the cannon fodder with the free AK's they will very quickly realize by the buddys brains splattered on their clothes that they are out of their depth and **** off. As for the molotov cocktails hitting those people with teargas and stun grenades should be enough to make them shit their pants, if not they will have to be killed.

kvs likes this post

rigoletto
    rigoletto

Post  rigoletto Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:48 am

Vann7 wrote:
    kvs wrote:The big story right now is that the dishing out of weapons to randos and prisoners let out to fight is resulting in damage
    to regime forces.   In Kharkov a Tochka-U system was destroyed by these "defenders".   They are basically wild animals on the
    loose and do not follow a tight command and control.   The shooting inside Kiev is all from gangs settling scores.

By the "wise decision" of kiev to giving weapons to everyone , with the low popularity kiev regime have with its population , this create the problem ,that ukraine civilians and ukraine army will have no way to know who is in their side..  

civilian 1 : hey that one sold out to putin  kill him..   civilian 2 , no im a nazi.. don't shoot .. boom..
    civilian 3.. hey that one is a russian soldier with an ukraine uniform , shoot him... boom.. lol1

no joke ,you can make a movie scene  with this retarded policy ,that will bring to tears everyone of so much laughing.    

basically by spreading disinformation ,you can get nazis to kill each other ,and destroy each other by just saying they are putin's spies , or that sold out , while the russian army stay outside the city with popcorn enjoyinng the show ,until everyone realize is time to abandon the ship. and will asking russian army outside the city  help ,for support. because there will be no way to know which armed civilian or even wich ukraine soldiers can be trusted. Laughing  NATO NAZI project days in ukraine are gone for good..  russia

I can ever imagine some Russian assets are leading some of these Ukranian armed civilians...
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:49 am

mnztr wrote:

Well its impossible to not kill ANYONE, but if Russia is smart and uses snipers to take out the cannon fodder with the free AK's they will very quickly realize by the buddys brains splattered on their clothes that they are out of their depth and **** off. As for the molotov cocktails hitting those people with teargas and stun grenades should be enough to make them shit their pants, if not they will have to be killed.

Sorry, I don't think that snipers work that way. You sound very naive and childish, maybe don't scar yourself looking at this war and go read a book or something. No offense, but urban combat with civilian rich environment is always chaotic
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:52 am

rigoletto wrote:
    crod wrote:I am glad you have asked this tbh. Up to now there's been nothing but big balls Russia this and big dick Russia that. Even more armchair generals but not a single economist.
    But I'm all ears....

The thing about unilateral sanctions is they are unilateral (in this particular case USA/EU and a few other vassals) are just valid under their jurisdiction. A completely different case are UNSC sanctions like those over NK.

Both parties have little to no industries, most things are produced in China, and so everything necessary can be acquired using third parties, many of those likely to be doggy off-shore companies set by USA/EU companies... for this purpose.

The situation caused by the exclusion of the SWIFT should be normalized in a few months either by more countries connecting to the Russian system[1] or using agreements between banks. E.g.

VTB (Russia) is sanctioned since ages, but there are VTB Germany whose deal with Russian interests inside EU (also Sberbank in Czech Republic). VTB Germany can't deal directly with VTB Russia because of the sanctions, but it can with VTB Singapore or VTB Hong Kong, and so the money can just be routed thru these jurisdictions - at this point completely transparently and likely instantaneous since this happens inside the same bank in practice.

Ever if EU tell VTB to leave (it happened in UK but VTB UK was in there for specific market stuff) there are tons of banks that can do the same as intermediate, specially Raiffesen (largest chunk of their profit come from Russia).

Also, these sanctions will make the major products Russia export more expensive which actually will make more money flowing to Russia. People in West are not joking when they say Russia was sanctioned but they are the ones who will suffer - they will prices will scalate.

The only relatively concerning one is the one related to aircrafts but this is possible to workaround too, as Iran proved; however with the Russian airspace closed to several European carries it will add 2 to 5 hours to flights to Asia (and surely a increase in the ticket price), and as you can imagine very few Europeans are patriotic enough to pay more to fly more time to reach some destination they can pay less and get faster using a non-European airliner (and there are still the air cargo business also affected, which is ever more important and not locked by contracts with airports). These airlines will sustain serious financial losses and likely some will bankrupt... lets see how much time EU will keep this one.

Yet, Russia have not yet announced its actual counter sanctions. If their nuclear one is removing Russia of the SWIFT, the Russian one is closing the oil and gas taps... and there are still raw materials...

Do it for 3...6 months (just for fun) and the German economy will come close to a complete collapse (bringing the whole EU together) - they can't replace the Russian gas.

These "superior" German industries work with a tiny profit margin otherwise they can't compete with the Asians, and so they are VERY sensible to inflation, specially energy one. Just those few weeks the gas got to ~2000 EUR was enough to make the WHOLE German industry almost literally panic. Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 1f600

[1] this is a BIG PLUS since SWIFT transactions are not encrypted to start with. Every USD transaction done over SWIFT is routed thru the US datacenter where they monitor everything. VISA/AMEX/Mastercard etc also use SWIFT and so, they know abut every cent you spent using your debit/credit card for instance.

Obviously this is a very optimistic take, since the U.S will be hunting those workarounds doing slaps-in-the-wrist all the way to bankruptcy level fines for those involved. We've already seen how small players have reacted to CATSA for instance. I don't want to bring examples from Syria, NK or Cuba cause Russia will get different treatment than them from the world (not from the empire and cohorts obv).

The central idea however, that there is room to operate and that a path forwards exist is what's important. Not to mention the obvious, that Russia too, can strike back. The Europeans had the choice of watching the Union State, Eurasian Economic Union potentially eclipse the EU (and by inertia force its eventual demise), becoming Russia's bitch in the future or, gang up with the anglo-saxon allegiance and attack now while the cards favored them. They've made the right choice under the circumstances but it's still a costly choice full of unknowns. "Good luck to them"... never will I shed a tear for that bunch.

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Arkanghelsk likes this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:56 am

"Russian military convoy is casually driving around in Kharkov city. Interesting to see this as the Russians clearly know that the city is still defended by Ukrainian forces and still don’t take cover to protect themselves."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1497826795873312772

How can you protect yourself in a convoy? But this weird, super weird, and eerie... What is going on, why they are storming it on foot without support when Ukraine has tons of armor there? I don't see Russians being heavy on AT weaponry. What about those Kamaz trucks? They are not carrying troops
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:57 am

Regular wrote:Street fighting reported in Kharkov

Check some videos

Can't watch this.

Everybody is Gangsta, untill the dirty work needs to be done.

Hannibal Barca, kvs, Arkanghelsk and EkErilaz like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:00 am

Regular wrote:
    mnztr wrote:

Sorry, I don't think that snipers work that way. You sound very naive and childish, maybe don't scar yourself looking at this war and go read a book or something. No offense, but urban combat with civilian rich environment is always chaotic

It really depends on how you use snipers. Modern sniping is when snipers provide cover for troops. It is not a civilian rich environment. Most people are hiding in shelter. Its only the idiots that will come out to fight.

kvs and Arkanghelsk like this post

ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:01 am

Vann7 wrote:

no joke ,you can make a movie scene  with this retarded policy ,that will bring to tears everyone of so much laughing.    

basically by spreading disinformation ,you can get nazis to kill each other ,and destroy each other by just saying they are putin's spies , or that sold out , while the russian army stay outside the city with popcorn enjoyinng the show ,until everyone realize is time to abandon the ship. and will asking russian army outside the city  help ,for support. because there will be no way to know which armed civilian or even wich ukraine soldiers can be trusted. Laughing  NATO NAZI project days in ukraine are gone for good..  russia

They are a joke like their idols from the "Volkssturm" lol

GarryB likes this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:02 am

Airbornewolf wrote:

Check some videos

Can't watch this.

Yes, not sure why but I am scared like ****, this is where real casualties will happen...

Check this video, BRDM shooting at convoy from close range...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1497828294967889922

What a Face

Airbornewolf, nomadski and Arkanghelsk like this post

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:04 am

It's sort of obvious the Russians are having logistical nightmares right now at certain theathers.

Which makes the also sort of obvious observation that troop numbers need to increase, otherwise heavy casualties as well as pace of war halting to a tilt in particular theaters is all but assured.

It's also obvious that those coordinating the war effort, having failed to rectify it fully in a speedy manner... on all theaters... are digesting the information and trying to come up with ideas, prioritizing certain theaters vs. others.

Which brings you to the old good proverb:

“No plan of operations extends with certainty beyond the first encounter with the enemy's main strength.”

Massive desertions have not materialized. Corrections are being made on the fly. Of which success in implementation will vary.

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:47 am; edited 2 times in total

Urluber likes this post

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:04 am

rigoletto wrote:

I can ever imagine some Russian assets are leading some of these Ukranian armed civilians...

i really hope so , because it will be incredibly foolish for Russia ,not to have thousands of spies and civilians in kiev alone , but also in all other cities , to help prepare the way for the russian army full invasion ,after realizing peace was not going to be possible until the puppet regime in kiev removed completely.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:07 am

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1497829426800644104

Russian Tigrs stopped and damaged.

Looks like they are Ukrainian troops next to them with yellow bands
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:09 am

Regular wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:

Check some videos

Can't watch this.

Yes, not sure why but I am scared like ****, this is where real casualties will happen...

What a Face

I respect people that just admit they are scared when things like this happen.

It is the fake ones i can not stand.

Like portrayed here, we did too in NATO/afghanistan.
    You need to go street to street, clearing house to house.

yes, it is high-risk. but in the end, you send in an guy with an gun to do the job.

kvs and miketheterrible like this post

ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:10 am

It is important that Russia capture Zielinski's clown, because he can be used by the United States for propaganda abroad. A kind of Venezuelan Guaido. There is no way to send a fighter squad, the best of the Spetnaz or Russian elite?

I doubt he will give up. He is going to try to escape.

kvs and Urluber like this post

limb

Post  limb Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:12 am

Regular wrote:
    limb wrote:How did russian army units run out of supplies so quickly?
    Also i expected more use of guided artillery rounds. Russian tanks should also use gun launched missiles to knock out ukrainian tanks at range.

I also noticed most photos of russian tanks in ukraine still have IR searchlights rather than thermals. Why is that?

BTW was it confirmed if the strela 10 launcher that ran over a car with a person inside was russian or ukrainian?

1. Probably strayed away from bulwark and got lost.
    2. We don't know if Russia is using guided artillery or not, it's impossible to tell. How can you say you expected or not if we don't know if they are used or not, it's not like we can inspect what is being loaded
    3. No point to use gun launched missiles when engagements happen so close. Only 1 tank duel recorded, you could throw a rock that far.
    4. Because they are old tanks with no thermals?
    5. Most likely Ukrainian. Crew panicked as they started to get underfire and lost control. MT-LB is not very good on road vehicle and like BMP, it likes to wiggle when turning the way tracks works. I wouldn't blame driver whoever he was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14gVDF2b1vA

Tanks without thermals shouldnt be used in the first echelon. In combat where there are lots of ATGMs, not having thermals is a death sentence.

I also think russians should use thermobaric Kornets and metis instead of tanks for fire support since they can fire from longer range and are more accurate and ukrainians lack effective armored vehicles.

On a seperate note, is this video authentic?
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:14 am

nomadski wrote:

Thinking about it , the plan seems to be the creation of two states . A Russian state to the East and South , and a Ukrainian state to the West and North . This explains the " capturing " of towns and cities and troops entering . Since , this is now de - facto Russian territory , and Russia controls this territory . It makes it possible to lay siege to rebellious towns , until they capitulate . Therefore less haste and more speed .

it will be more easier and practical to do what the soviet union but on steroids.
    when they wanted to make sure any counter revolution to them will not succeed.
    that is the federalization of every city of ukraine , each city to become an autonomous state with its own governor and own autonomous police ,their own flag , with light to medium weapons. and russian army  being the only ones with heavy weapons ,tanks ,artillery ,and combat planes . Russia army guarantee their territorial integrity and provides security from outside dangers and each city elect their own governors and police to protect them. If they can do that , then crimea and donbass and lugansk becomes "Territory of ukraine" in some ways , but ukraine is a protectorade of russia. Wink
    and any independence movement will fail ,because they will only control one city , so the west in order to take again ukraine ,will need to convince all governors from all cities to join nato ,but also provide heavy weapons to all of them ,without russia knowing.. something that is impossible.

Last edited by Vann7 on Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 pm