Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+79
mnrck
GunshipDemocracy
OminousSpudd
psg
Odin of Ossetia
ucmvulcan
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Mir
teh_beard
jhelb
RTN
Maximmmm
LMFS
Azi
Rodion_Romanovic
higurashihougi
hoom
Rasisuki Nebia
zepia
Ispan
GarryB
Hannibal Barca
lancelot
x_54_u43
zorobabel
mnztr
Lurk83
thegopnik
PapaDragon
limb
Ghoster
Big_Gazza
Krepost
Finty
Autodestruct
PhSt
andalusia
Singular_Transform
Werewolf
Airbornewolf
Urluber
mack8
d_taddei2
miketheterrible
billybatts91
Broski
Firebird
Regular
bitcointrader70
nomadski
JohninMK
Walther von Oldenburg
Kriva
par far
VARGR198
auslander
Atmosphere
Vann7
Hole
rigoletto
franco
SeigSoloyvov
flamming_python
owais.usmani
Backman
EkErilaz
caveat emptor
kvs
George1
Sujoy
Arkanghelsk
Isos
The Ottoman
ATLASCUB
lyle6
Karl Haushofer
ALAMO
Cheetah
magnumcromagnon
83 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

Regular
    Regular

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 33 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

Post  Regular Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:28 pm

Finty wrote:<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr" xml:lang="en">This may be the greatest last stand in history: Ukrainian forces continue to repel waves of invaders.<br /><br />This time they defeated a Chechen offensive in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Kyiv?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Kyiv</a> and killed General Magomed Tushaev of the elite 141st motorized regiment of the Chechen National Guard. <a href="https://t.co/Y1RhMZpt76">pic.twitter.com/Y1RhMZpt76</a></p>— David Yankovich (@DavidYankovich) <a href="https://twitter.com/DavidYankovich/status/1497682672247873536?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 26, 2022</a></blockquote>

What are you trying to program here, fucking hacker Very Happy

Just post short description and URL
    LMFS
    LMFS

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 33 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2

Post  LMFS Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:29 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    I do agree, suspending fighting day 2 was a bad idea, screw negotiations

And I think they should hit harder Ukraine forces that are out in the open

Russia can do more damage than this, but restraint has been ordered from the damn top 

I understand making connections with some Ukrainians that can be friendly, but if it costs guys their lives then am sorry friendships can be built later

Russia is indeed not committing neither full force nor the best equipment, they probably do not want to destroy the country, the salvageable part of the armed forces or annoy the civilians too much. They still seem to plan their foreign interventions with the training budget so to say, and they need to keep their escalation capability just in case. The West is inching towards war with Russia, even when they don't have the guts for it they are rabid and almost losing control trying to make Russia pay for the loss of their ukie pawns, therefore anything could happen in case they detect any weak spot.

Big_Gazza, kvs, miketheterrible, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Maximmmm
    Maximmmm

Post  Maximmmm Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:31 pm

miketheterrible wrote:

You are smart. So don't be stupid and believe everything that is shown by Twitter.  Even southfront is getting a lot of shit wrong.

Mike I’ve been around since the war of 08 filtering this shit, I know what to look for. Also it’s important to identify errors in our tactics so things can go better. I still think overall we’re doing ok, but having rear echelon columns get covered in arty fire and random isolated trucks/armor getting wasted are clear examples of unnecessary deaths.
    Tomorrow is going to be very, very important imho. We either see adaptation to the circumstances (my hope/expectation) or more of the same which will probably still lead to victory but with much higher casualties than needed.

Karl Haushofer and Finty like this post

miketheterrible dislikes this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:31 pm

Regardless, they are just outside of Kiev. Give it enough time and reinforcements, Kiev will eventually fall.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:31 pm

Maximmmm wrote:I’m just hoping the MoD addresses the serious errors of the past days. We can’t be allowing ukr troops to roam in our rear ambushing columns, and even a single vid of a column out of fuel is a serious problem. Similarly a single vid of our troops lying dead with civvies gawking is unacceptable.
    War will show the plan as they say, let’s trust in the professionalism of our troops and believe that this weekend we will see some serious progress.

Most importantly let it end as soon as possible with as few deaths as possible.

Switzerland troops?

If mistakes are made, those who do should face serious consequences.

If war will be lost this will go even higher up.

Until now, all of it it's just a fog of war

Hannibal Barca, kvs, teh_beard, miketheterrible, Finty and Broski like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:32 pm

Maximmmm wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

You are smart. So don't be stupid and believe everything that is shown by Twitter.  Even southfront is getting a lot of shit wrong.

Mike I’ve been around since the war of 08 filtering this shit, I know what to look for. Also it’s important to identify errors in our tactics so things can go better. I still think overall we’re doing ok, but having rear echelon columns get covered in arty fire and random isolated trucks/armor getting wasted are clear examples of unnecessary deaths.
    Tomorrow is going to be very, very important imho. We either see adaptation to the circumstances (my hope/expectation) or more of the same which will probably still lead to victory but with much higher casualties than needed.

Maybe go all out and not care about civilians? I dunno. More su-25's should be in the air.

Odin of Ossetia and Arkanghelsk like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:32 pm

The operation is not contiguous fronts sweeping into Banderastan. There will always be a rear in such a large country.
    It is the biggest in Europe outside of Russia. From the eastern most point to the westernmost point is 1290 km which
    is like the distance from the eastern border of Poland past the eastern border of France.

The only way to ensure safety is to scorch the landscape and drive everyone out. American style.

franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:34 pm

Eduard Basurin , deputy head of the People's Militia Department of the Donetsk People's Republic , said that since the beginning of the liberation operation, 12 settlements in the south of Donbass have passed under the control of the DPR, TASS reports .

According to him, the units of the People's Militia took control of the settlements of Andreevka, Bogdanovka, Nikolaevka, Novognatovka, Trudovskoye, Vasilyevka, Rybinsk, Starognatovka, Chicherino, Prokhorovka, Pavlopol, Pishchevik, as well as the areas and roads adjacent to them.

According to Basurin, the DPR forces continue to successfully move deep into the defense of the Ukrainian security forces in the Mariupol direction, without encountering active resistance.

He added that the units had reached the settlements of Anadol, Dmitrovka, Donskoye and Svobodnoye, located in the Volnovakha region.

https://www-gazeta-ru.translate.goog/army/news/2022/02/26/17351227.shtml?_x_tr_sl=ru&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

Big_Gazza, kvs, Odin of Ossetia, nomadski, LMFS, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:34 pm

kvs wrote:The operation is not contiguous fronts sweeping into Banderastan.   There will always be a rear in such a large country.
    It is the biggest in Europe outside of Russia.   From the eastern most point to the westernmost point is 1290 km which
    is like the distance from the eastern border of Poland past the eastern border of France.  

The only way to ensure safety is to scorch the landscape and drive everyone out.   American style.  

Which Russia won't do thus they will always gave an issue. But so long as they keep up, they will win.  They have less than 50K forces in Ukraine. Take that into consideration, for everyone here.

Also, we should think about what DNR and LNR forces are doing. Russia is providing some kind of assistance to create a pincers move and so Ukraine is concentrating on Russia but losing ground to DNR and LNR forces. It's believed that is the plan all along. Whatever Russia captures is gravy.

Last edited by miketheterrible on Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Big_Gazza and Broski like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:34 pm

Finty wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/kraloyunsa/status/1497658549094084608

A captured Russian soldier was seen crying after the public's reaction in the city of Sumy. The reason for this and many others is Putin.

WTF is this crap dude?

Big_Gazza and Broski like this post

Finty
    Finty

Post  Finty Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:35 pm

auslander wrote:
    billybatts91 wrote:I put that piece of crap Finty in my foe list as well.

So did I. I don't have to listen to and won't listen to the babbling of idiots. FFS, our youngest baby girl Kristl'Yannah makes more sense than that oxygen thief.

Speaking of babbling, I believe this is you, is it not?

Another babbling idiot wrote:
    I have no contacts in Kharkov. Russia will NOT 'invade' orcland. Won't happen. However, I have no doubts that both the North Wind and the South Wind will blow, ergo Novorossiya is safe.

Auslander
    Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:37 pm

EkErilaz wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:Watch that guy behind Porky on the uttermost Left side   ....

you do not need to watch further than 0:45, but do watch from the beginning.

Made me chuckle!

he got the "special" forces all right, but not tier one! =)

Porky is a known fan of the Ukrainian genociders from the UPA, SS, and other such formations.

http://michalw.narod.ru/index-Truth.html

Twisted Evil
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:37 pm

bitcointrader70 wrote:Too many dead Russians this is bad. This was a poorly planned haphazard war. Obviously Ukrainians and Russians aren’t brothers anymore.

Russia's screw ups in Ukraine.

Ethnic Russian Lenin created Ukraine.

A Russian born Nikita Khruschev gave Crimea to Ukraine.

Russia let Ukraine secede from the Soviet Union without any geographical concessions.

After 1991 Russia poured money into Ukrainian state coffins while doing nothing to counter the rise of Ukrainian nationalism.

Russia didn't back "their man" Yanukovych (well he was not pro-Russian but at least he was not a nazi) in 2013 when the West was actively backing the coupists. Russia was a just a passive bystander.

Russia DID take back Crimea! That's good.

BUT, Russia did not fully back the Donbass rebels against the Ukrainian army. In fact it was Putin who prevented the rebels from giving them the final blow back them with his ceasefire. Novorossiya could have taken Sloviansk and Mariupol back then.

Russia continued to deliver gas through Ukrainian territory after the 2014 coup and thus financing an enemy state with $3-4 billion a year.

And now after this invasion Russia made sure that Ukraine hates Russia for a very, very long time and strenghtened the Ukrainian nationalism for generations to come.

Last edited by Karl Haushofer on Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Finty likes this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:37 pm

Lot of goodies for russians.

Finty
    Finty

Post  Finty Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:38 pm

Regular wrote:
    Finty wrote:.

What are you trying to program here, fucking hacker Very Happy

Just post short description and URL

Embedded tweets, they worked for me but whatever, I'll repost.

*edit* this was it https://twitter.com/DavidYankovich/status/1497682672247873536

Last edited by Finty on Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:39 pm

par far wrote:To all those that are NOT(I repeat NOT) trolls.

The west has full control of what is posted on Twitter, Facebook and other western backed sites

There is a lot of lies coming from these western backed sites.

Twitter quickly deltes updates that make pro Russian statements.

So whatever is posted on the western backed sites, TAKE IT WITH A HUGE GRAIN OF SALT.

Exactly, there are tons of Telegram sites you can automatically translate with Yandex browser. Fvck Twatter

par far, Big_Gazza, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:39 pm

EkErilaz wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:Watch that guy behind Porky on the uttermost Left side   ....you do not need to watch further than 0:45, but do watch from the beginning.
    Made me chuckle! he got the "special" forces all right, but not tier one! =)

Reminds me of the trick I used to use in the a bar in US. There was always one or to who were running their mouths about their time 'in the Nam' and killing about a kazzilion 'gooks'.
    Note 1. When Brand X is shooting at you when you leave, you lost.
    Note 2. The sure fire way to out a poser. Which side of the weapon main frame on Comrade Kalashnikov's Ode to World Peace is the magazine release on? Easy question, either right or left and if they say for instance 'left' and you mention 'wrong' it's always 'Oh yeah, been so long I forgot, it's on the right side.'
    Note 3. Wrong again, asshole.

GarryB, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, Broski and EkErilaz like this post

Maximmmm
    Maximmmm

Post  Maximmmm Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:40 pm

Alright boys, I’ll ride your optimism wave, god bless you all <3
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:41 pm

LMFS wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:
    I do agree, suspending fighting day 2 was a bad idea, screw negotiations

And I think they should hit harder Ukraine forces that are out in the open

Russia can do more damage than this, but restraint has been ordered from the damn top 

I understand making connections with some Ukrainians that can be friendly, but if it costs guys their lives then am sorry friendships can be built later

Russia is indeed not committing neither full force nor the best equipment, they probably do not want to destroy the country, the salvageable part of the armed forces or annoy the civilians too much. They still seem to plan their foreign interventions with the training budget so to say, and they need to keep their escalation capability just in case. The West is inching towards war with Russia, even when they don't have the guts for it they are rabid and almost losing control trying to make Russia pay for the loss of their ukie pawns, therefore anything could happen in case they detect any weak spot.

They´re extremly careful. Just to be clear, that is not the steamroller modus of the russian armed forces you would see against countries like Poland or Germany. There they would give a shit if some village is burned down to the ground. But some of the areas they are operating in are either part of the LDR/DPR or will propably become part of Novorossiya (if the leadership in Russia deceides to form that country).

Big_Gazza, auslander, miketheterrible, LMFS, Mir, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:41 pm

Finty wrote:I see the gung ho attitude to war exhibited by Putin's shills here evaporates as soon as they see a photo of a dead Russian. Funny how war works and how this could have all been avoided.

Suppose the Russians crush all conventional Ukrainian resistance and install a puppet government in the next few days, I'm sure they'll enjoy bankrolling a damaged country that happens to be the poorest in Europe, with a population of 44 million many of whom despise the Russians now. All that whilst trying to suppress an insurgency. But yes, isn't NATO evil, I'm sure they could have kept expanding ad infinitum and not drawn the line at Ukraine /s.

This is easy, harvest the organs of everyone who despise Russia in the new Russian province of Novorossiya that will replace Pukraine soon. Honestly, I cant believe the kind of tolerance the Russian liberators are extending to the Pukrainian dogs who disrespect them in the liberated areas like the old hag making a statement about seeds and growing flowers. If I was there, first I will make sure that the camera used to record the incident is broken to pieces, then I will drag that old hag inside a place and smash her face until her skull is wide open. attack

Casualties on the Russian side is unavoidable, this is why it is extremely important that Russia launch its nukes on all NATzO capital cities ASAP. russia

Arkanghelsk likes this post

Finty dislikes this post

par far

Post  par far Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:43 pm

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:46 pm

Maximmmm wrote:Alright boys, I’ll ride your optimism wave, god bless you all <3

No, there is tons of criticism needed. But it has to be proven.

For instance, leaving the airforce base unprotected so a tochka went through, not providing close air support for two supply columns so they get hit. Yes, possibly those supplies got hit, left other soldiers stranded without supplies.

These are things that the Russian authorities learn. To expect perfection in war is silly. I'm much older than you and I recall wars of the past where tons of mistakes are made and no matter how well prepared you are, you will always have surprises.

But to believe that Russia lost 3500 soldiers (much easier to prove), loss of two il76's (also easy to prove) and lost positions (this one is my favorite since russia gained a shit ton of ground in 3 days), I would say that is spreading fud and being concerned in the wrong area.

Big_Gazza, Odin of Ossetia, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

Finty
    Finty

Post  Finty Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:46 pm

PhSt wrote:
    Finty wrote:I see the gung ho attitude to war exhibited by Putin's shills here evaporates as soon as they see a photo of a dead Russian. Funny how war works and how this could have all been avoided.

Suppose the Russians crush all conventional Ukrainian resistance and install a puppet government in the next few days, I'm sure they'll enjoy bankrolling a damaged country that happens to be the poorest in Europe, with a population of 44 million many of whom despise the Russians now. All that whilst trying to suppress an insurgency. But yes, isn't NATO evil, I'm sure they could have kept expanding ad infinitum and not drawn the line at Ukraine /s.

This is easy, harvest the organs of everyone who despise Russia in the new Russian province of Novorossiya that will replace Pukraine soon. Honestly, I cant believe the kind of tolerance the Russian liberators are extending to the Pukrainian dogs who disrespect them in the liberated areas like the old hag making a statement about seeds and growing flowers. If I was there, first I will make sure that the camera used to record the incident is broken to pieces, then I will drag that old hag inside a place and smash her face until her skull is wide open. attack

Casualties on the Russian side is unavoidable, this is why it is extremely important that Russia launch its nukes on all NATzO capital cities ASAP. russia

That's a lot of big talk, suggests A) mental illness and B) you've never been to war. Take your meds schizo, the only thing nuked here is your brain.

May I remind you that Ukrs and Russians are in fact one people, so smashing their skulls and harvesting their organs is counterproductive to what Putin et al wants.

Last edited by Finty on Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:46 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #2 - Page 33 Fmjb2w10
    Paratroopers landing near Kiev. From ASB news. Take it with a grain of salt, russian forces have airports under their control. No need for that.

Finty likes this post

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:47 pm

franco, Vann7, Big_Gazza, VARGR198 and Finty like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 3:04 pm