Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+52
GarryB
flamming_python
nomadski
SolidarityWithRussia
PhSt
ArgentinaGuard
George1
Sprut-B
gc3762
Tolstoy
11E
Dr.Snufflebug
Regular
Scorpius
Odin of Ossetia
jhelb
Sujoy
Werewolf
Azi
pukovnik7
magnumcromagnon
JohninMK
TMA1
sundoesntrise
GreyHog
Airbornewolf
Firebird
Rodion_Romanovic
lancelot
Atmosphere
Mir
Finty
Cowboy's daughter
Vann7
medo
mnztr
ALAMO
Maximmmm
Hole
Kiko
PapaDragon
franco
bitcointrader70
par far
auslander
miketheterrible
thegopnik
andalusia
AlfaT8
lyle6
elconquistador
LMFS
56 posters

Decline of the western society #2

kvs
    kvs

Decline of the western society #2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Decline of the western society #2

Post  kvs Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:34 pm

Tesla death traps kill people but the cult faith perseveres. It appears that Tesla is involved in "accident" investigations
    because the car's black box uses a proprietary format for storing data. Every single ludicrous crash of this garbage is
    attributed to driver error or negligence. The only error is driving these self-driving hacks.

The video shows a car show in China where a woman gets on the roof of a floor model and starts denouncing it as dangerous
    garbage and for Tesla to stop killing people in China. She was lucky to have lived through her experience with this Muskian
    wonder tech. For all the dissing of China as totalitarian, it sure looks like grass roots initiative is higher than in the US. I
    bet no American would dare pull such a protest. They would be doing hard jail time and/or lose any assets they had on legal
    fees.

Self driving cars in an environment where 99% of the rest of the vehicles have meat drivers is moronic. If you are too lazy
    to drive, don't get behind the wheel.

kvs
    kvs

Decline of the western society #2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Decline of the western society #2

Post  kvs Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:57 pm

Misandry is PC but criticism of feminazis is not. Brave new world taking over.

Then these future cat ladies bitch about how they can't find a good man. You hate them, why should they get together with you?

Entitlement retardation. It's a serious mental disorder.

SaneBomber likes this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:44 am

99.9% hate with a 0.1% coat of BS theoretical excuses, as almost every revolutionary ideology demands it. Meanwhile, the fat cats of the financial elites laugh their assess out at the destruction of the structured societies and nation states, which are the only ones capable of stopping them, by these hordes of social cancers.

kvs and SaneBomber like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:39 am

Self driving cars in an environment where 99% of the rest of the vehicles have meat drivers is moronic. If you are too lazy

I think it has enormous potential, but with Musks history I don't see him having anything to do with it.

There are plenty of car companies working on self driving cars, and I think it is a good idea as long as it is done right.

You essentially have your own cab to get home... plus clever shit like take your own car to work and let it drive home again if it is not too far. Then get it to come and pick you up at work. Extra fuel consumption but you save on all day parking...

If you have a few drinks then let the car drive you home.

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:41 pm

GarryB wrote:

I think it has enormous potential, but with Musks history I don't see him having anything to do with it.

There are plenty of car companies working on self driving cars, and I think it is a good idea as long as it is done right.

You essentially have your own cab to get home... plus clever shit like take your own car to work and let it drive home again if it is not too far. Then get it to come and pick you up at work. Extra fuel consumption but you save on all day parking...

No AI is going to overcome human pathology in the coming decades. AI is a glorified regression model no matter how fancy it is made to
    sound. Humans have millions of years of evolution with real intelligence, machine learning is a primitive first step being oversold. Google
    and Yandex are not going to supplant evolution with a few years of cheesy programming. Musk is an idiot but removing him will not make
    the self-driving utopia happen.

The only regime under which autonomous driving is viable is nobody drives their vehicle and leaves it to the AI and there is road infrastructure
    to help it. In the video it is noted that Tesla's routine excuses invoke the lack of supporting infrastructure for self-driving.

I fully support mass automation of driving since it will remove congestion and driving stress. But I do not see that happening any time soon
    and not through Tesla sales in dribs and drabs.

Hannibal Barca and elconquistador like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:57 pm

kvs wrote:
    GarryB wrote:

No AI is going to overcome human pathology in the coming decades.    AI is a glorified regression model no matter how fancy it is made to
    sound.   Humans have millions of years of evolution with real intelligence, machine learning is a primitive first step being oversold.   Google
    and Yandex are not going to supplant evolution with a few years of cheesy programming.    Musk is an idiot but removing him will not make
    the self-driving utopia happen.

The only regime under which autonomous driving is viable is nobody drives their vehicle and leaves it to the AI and there is road infrastructure
    to help it.   In the video it is noted that Tesla's routine excuses invoke the lack of supporting infrastructure for self-driving.  

I fully support mass automation of driving since it will remove congestion and driving stress.   But I do not see that happening any time soon
    and not through Tesla sales in dribs and drabs.

Driving is not subject to millions of years of human evolution. We've spent 100 years evolving in such an environment, not millions.

That we're able to drive at all is because the mechanics and rules of it were built to accommodate the physiology and psychology that we already have
    But there's nothing to say that we're optimal for the task even so, that the road regulations, roads, machinery and everything else involved in driving are ideally suited to human behavior and capabilities. Most likely not, and we'll continue to see adjustments and corrections to all these things as time goes on.

As for AI driving - it's totally feasible within the coming decades. Because again, all that driving is is really just a set of logical rules that are constantly being evaluated by the driver depending on their speed/position/heading, and a set of constraints modifying things - the technical parameters of the car, quality of the roads, environmental conditions and so on. Basically just like chess, except with a few more environmental factors.

A machine will be capable of being more precise and with a better response-time when it comes to fine control - it's not limited by motor-neural muscle adjustments nor reaction delays; it has an immediate interface to the tires, engines, breaks, etc... that it speaks the same language with and is capable of adjusting by the exact amount needed

It also has better sensors; it doesn't have to rely on human visual estimation or intuition - it can calculate the exact distance to other cars and obstacles, it's exact position on the road, and will be capable of observing more and processing it all simultaneously.

The only thing left is its processing of the rules that each human starts to build up as they learn driving and gain experience in it. When to turn, when to give way, when to overtake, when to slow down, when to speed up, and so on. All of these rules have weights associated with them that depend on many different factors and are in fact much more complicated than they might appear on the surface. This is a matter for training of neural networks and other AI techniques, and is the hardest to get right.
    But they will get it right and reliable now that serious research is being put into the topic - driving is certainly a difficult process to automate compared to the stuff that we've been automating so far, but it's at the end of the day just another rule-based task that it's possible to define and optimize. We've had computer games with highly capable AI drivers for over 2 decades now, we'll have real ones before long too.
    elconquistador

Post  elconquistador Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:12 am

Decline of the western society #2 - Page 2 Img_2015

LGBT is a lifestyle and a product of sexual child abuse, the breakdown of the nuclear family and 24/7 propaganda warfare

The numbers prove it.

flamming_python, kvs, miketheterrible, nomadski, thegopnik, LMFS and lyle6 like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:58 am

@flamming

Your view is excessively narrow. No AI can anticipate road rage and erratic human behaviour. It is trivially obvious that what I am talking about
    is not the act of handling a car but the layers of human relations and emotions that play a role.

Also, Tesla is demonstrating quite well that the current state of the AI is far from even reaching the base level of functionality since Tesla
    cars routinely smash into police and other vehicles parked on the side of the road. They can't even keep in their own lane.

Really, it is up to techno cornucopians to prove that AI is coming along just fine and not the other way around.

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:27 am

kvs wrote:@flamming

Your view is excessively narrow.   No AI can anticipate road rage and erratic human behaviour.   It is trivially obvious that what I am talking about
    is not the act of handling a car but the layers of human relations and emotions that play a role.  

Also, Tesla is demonstrating quite well that the current state of the AI is far from even reaching the base level of functionality since Tesla
    cars routinely smash into police and other vehicles parked on the side of the road.   They can't even keep in their own lane.  

Really, it is up to techno cornucopians to prove that AI is coming along just fine and not the other way around.  

AI doesn't need to anticipate it, same as how humans don't anticipate it

An AI doesn't need any capabilities a human doesn't have, albeit they are nice to have

What an AI needs to be able to do, just as humans are able to - is react. And AI reaction times will be far better than human ones.

The AI obviously doesn't need its own road rage and erratic routines. It can prioritize safety at all times, and be the least dangerous driver out there.

The Tesla troubles sound like a matter of fine-tuning and working out the kinks. Maybe the problem is in the instruments - they've unreliable collision detection, distance measuring or some other such. Or perhaps it's a matter of them not evaluating rules and logic in the right priority.
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:04 pm

I think the problem is interpreting the rules of logic or more precisely the operative rules of nature. The laws of Robotics is not compatible with the rules of nature. Robots can not survive in human society, with these rules.

https://youtu.be/CceSRMmhv3w

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:55 pm

Decline of the western society #2 - Page 2 Let_me10

elconquistador and miketheterrible like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:51 pm

nomadski wrote:
    I think the problem is interpreting the rules of logic or more precisely the operative rules of nature. The laws of Robotics is not compatible with the rules of nature. Robots can not survive in human society, with these rules.

https://youtu.be/CceSRMmhv3w

Another expert, we have What a Face

There's no such thing as the law of robotics

And 'the rules of nature' is a bit of a vague term but I don't see how a machine would be incompatible with them in any case, any more than a human would be

And robots don't need to survive in human society in this instance. They just need to be able to drive a car.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:59 pm

https://www.rt.com/news/522207-hamilton-canada-vaccine-racism/?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fzen.yandex.com%2F%3Ffromzen%3Dabro

KVS, this may give you a stroke.

Outright racism against whites in Ontario.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:16 pm

miketheterrible wrote:https://www.rt.com/news/522207-hamilton-canada-vaccine-racism/?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fzen.yandex.com%2F%3Ffromzen%3Dabro

KVS, this may give you a stroke.

Outright racism against whites in Ontario.

Canada has been a pimple on America's ass for a very long time. This shows us how eager beaver is this PC rotted toilet to swirl the toilet bowl together with
    its Big Brother to the south.

BTW, I don't begrudge these minorities getting the vaccine. I am not in a hurry to get one and they are being given Pfizer's GMO concoction which is hardly
    so great.

miketheterrible likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:00 am

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:35 pm

The manufacturers of covid vaccines make claims of effectiveness. In many countries there has been previous high and low numbers. Almost a seasonal variation. Not a sine curve, as I originally thought. Interesting to see what post vaccine highs and low, look like. Then we will know efficacy of each vaccine. As separate from seasonal variation that is already occurring. Embarrassing if the new curve looks like the old curve or worse  !

There are laws of Robotics.

https://youtu.be/3teiT--QGzo

There are laws of nature.

https://youtu.be/jjpF-i40N8Q
    elconquistador

Post  elconquistador Sat May 01, 2021 8:39 am

Decline of the western society #2 - Page 2 Img_2017

At this point I am starting to veer towards the Internet theories which assert that some are willingly breaking the hollowed out US down so that a certain elite can actually transfer assets, wealth and in the end itself to the new global hegemon

Akin to the new world order that was shaped after 1945 with the US as its center instead of the British Empire.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon May 03, 2021 2:21 am

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/boeing-fires-65-employees-disciplines-53-more-racist-and-hateful-conduct-following-george

Notably, of the company's 140,000 employees, 66.8% are white, 6.4% are black, 14.2% are Asian, 7% are hispanic, and 3.6% are listed as 'more.'

According to Calhoun, the company will increase black representation to 20% by 2025, just 3.5 years from now. This means Boeing will hire over 19,000 black workers in either a massive expansion of headcount, or at the expense of workers of other races.

Because there are so many unemployed, highly qualified black engineers that can be tapped. clown

Boeing is either going to replace its secretarial staff with an almost all black workforce, or jets are going to be falling out of the sky
    in a few years.

GarryB likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon May 03, 2021 8:23 am

To be clear falling out of the skies not because the engineers are black, but because they got jobs they were black enough for but not necessarily able to do as well as someone else with lighter skin colour.

kvs likes this post

elconquistador

Post  elconquistador Mon May 03, 2021 9:04 am

kvs wrote:https://www.zerohedge.com/political/boeing-fires-65-employees-disciplines-53-more-racist-and-hateful-conduct-following-george

Notably, of the company's 140,000 employees, 66.8% are white, 6.4% are black, 14.2% are Asian, 7% are hispanic, and 3.6% are listed as 'more.'

According to Calhoun, the company will increase black representation to 20% by 2025, just 3.5 years from now. This means Boeing will hire over 19,000 black workers in either a massive expansion of headcount, or at the expense of workers of other races.

Because there are so many unemployed, highly qualified black engineers that can be tapped.   clown

Boeing is either going to replace its secretarial staff with an almost all black workforce, or jets are going to be falling out of the sky
    in a few years.

Black engineers only exist in Hell-ywood, maybe they can count in the janitors though

In all seriousness with the way the US education system has been structured for the last couple of decades (ie lowering the bar tremendously for Black students whilst keeping it high for Whites and Asian) this stunt is going to result in planes coming down midair
    elconquistador

Post  elconquistador Mon May 03, 2021 9:06 am

Pure comedy. The new woke CIA ad

The gay powerrangers

Decline of the western society #2 - Page 2 E0ua-a10

flamming_python, Sprut-B, thegopnik and LMFS like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Tue May 04, 2021 2:20 am

Mrs. Rachel Levine, US Department of Health minister, always wanted to look like Kim Basinger (not joking) so he decided to change sex and make his (her) dream come true thumbsup
    Decline of the western society #2 - Page 2 1963089

thegopnik likes this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Tue May 04, 2021 3:18 am

Speaking of woke Shocked

Decline of the western society #2 - Page 2 Faggot10
    Decline of the western society #2 - Page 2 Aace10

elconquistador

Post  elconquistador Tue May 04, 2021 7:28 am

LMFS wrote:Mrs. Rachel Levine, US Department of Health minister, always wanted to look like Kim Basinger (not joking) so he decided to change sex and make his (her) dream come true thumbsup
    Decline of the western society #2 - Page 2 1963089

It's not Rachel, it's Richard.

Decline of the western society #2 - Page 2 Images26

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue May 04, 2021 8:49 am

Black engineers only exist in Hell-ywood, maybe they can count in the janitors though

That is not true, there are plenty of gifted and talented non white engineers... just like there are plenty of gifted non white sports people in the US... but it is pretty clear which direction parents push their children in.

I don't fear non white people getting jobs because of their skin colour simply because there should be enough that are competent enough to at least get the job done.... what I am worried about is Jasper turning up as the only token brain surgeon in the hospital who can't tell what genitals are located near his crotch area, but he gets the job for diversity reasons... surprisingly most healthcare professionals will know their gender, so there won be any competition...

Mrs. Rachel Levine, US Department of Health minister,

At least s/he is smart enough to not show teeth when smiling now... I am betting that salary might partially go into a nice white smile, but how politically incorrect... perhaps a new fad will be piano coloured teeth because it would be racist for them all to be white...

Sprut-B likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:59 am