Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+52
andalusia
Karl Haushofer
11E
George1
gbu48098
Isos
thedrunkengeneral
wilhelm
zorobabel
elconquistador
bitcointrader70
Nomad5891
MiddleKingdomer
bren_tann
mnztr
DerWolf
calripson
Azi
Arrow
SeigSoloyvov
owais.usmani
flamming_python
Hannibal Barca
Maximmmm
mavaff
Yugo90
The_Observer
ATLASCUB
Rasisuki Nebia
Boshoed
auslander
par far
nero
AlfaT8
GarryB
lancelot
Vann7
Finty
franco
PapaDragon
Rodion_Romanovic
Backman
miketheterrible
LMFS
littlerabbit
medo
Hole
lyle6
VARGR198
kvs
JohninMK
magnumcromagnon
56 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29

JohninMK
    JohninMK

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 15 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #29

Post  JohninMK 11/04/21, 03:07 am

Just in case you fancied ready how we in the UK are being softened up for Russian aggression against the near innocent Ukrainians. I won't be offended if you skip it Laughing

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9456521/Ukraine-says-provoked-Russian-aggression-conflict-area.html

VARGR198 and Backman like this post

Finty
    Finty

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 15 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #29

Post  Finty 11/04/21, 03:13 am

JohninMK wrote:Just in case you fancied ready how we in the UK are being softened up for Russian aggression against the near innocent Ukrainians. I won't be offended if you skip it  Laughing

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9456521/Ukraine-says-provoked-Russian-aggression-conflict-area.html

Doesn't seem that bad to me, and that's surprising as it's the mail we're talking about.
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman 11/04/21, 03:21 am

So Ukraine says it's not going to attack. That sounds familiar...

Saakashvili in 2008 broke promise not to use force in South Ossetia, Abkhazia — Putin - Russian Politics & Diplomacy - TASS

MOSCOW, March 11. /TASS/. Georgia’s former president, Mikhail Saakashvili, had promised Vladimir Putin he would not tackle the issue of South Ossetia and Abkhazia from the position of strength only to eventually break his word, the Russian leader told TASS in an interview for the project entitled "20 Questions with Vladimir Putin".

"We had a lot of discussions with him on the subject when he was still in office," Putin said, adding that he had asked Saakashvili to refrain by all means from trying to use force in relations with South Ossetia and Abkhazia. The Georgian president then promised to "never do that."

kvs and LMFS like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK 11/04/21, 03:30 am

Good map.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 15 EyntJkyXIAENPcM?format=jpg&name=large

VARGR198, LMFS, Finty and mavaff like this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander 11/04/21, 05:19 am

According to unconfirmed sources, Mother is today moving landing craft and 'artillery boats' from Caspian to Azov and Black Sea. These are not the large landing ships based in Black Sea. As I posted earlier, 'watch the little birdy, don't take your eyes off the little birdy'. Mother is the master of maskeerovka.

PapaDragon likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs 11/04/21, 05:48 am

So the US sends a couple of its tubs to the Black Sea and claims they are a response to the Russian "buildup" but it turns out
    that permission for the transit of these two tubs was made 15 days ago before the Russian military deployments inside Russia.
    That is, they were coordinated with the buildup of Banderastani forces on the LOS.

Clearly it is the yanquis who are doing all the saber rattling and aggressive posturing.

Maximmmm, miketheterrible and Hole like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible 11/04/21, 05:53 am

flamming_python wrote:
    Finty wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Get ready for more #US false-flags. Washington’s desperate elites are ready to do everything to thwart the collapse of their empire.
    #WWIII
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 15 170245439_4409449112416380_8642761035608833040_n

U.S. Air Force pilot spotted with Russian patch

https://twitter.com/Russ_Warrior/status/1380472745117548547

I’m starting to get the impression that Russians like playing the victim at times. Don’t, you’re better than this.

Russian officials are now whining about Srebrenica and so on

They're just making themselves look weak and egging on Kiev/Washington even more

Don't. Only action works

You should be a bit smarter than this but

The proclaim of Srebrenica is smart. They said they will not let that happen again. They are more or less making pretext of when they would intervene - if the DNR and LNR are losing.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python 11/04/21, 06:01 am

miketheterrible wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Finty wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Get ready for more #US false-flags. Washington’s desperate elites are ready to do everything to thwart the collapse of their empire.
    #WWIII
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 15 170245439_4409449112416380_8642761035608833040_n

I’m starting to get the impression that Russians like playing the victim at times. Don’t, you’re better than this.

They're just making themselves look weak and egging on Kiev/Washington even more

Don't. Only action works

The proclaim of Srebrenica is smart.  They said they will not let that happen again.  They are more or less making pretext of when they would intervene - if the DNR and LNR are losing.

They don't need to make any pretext or say anything or send any messages that might be misinterpreted. It's also a sign of weakness

The message should be confined to the mobilization of Russian forces to the border. That's clear enough. And let the Ukros and others make their own speculations, about under which conditions Russia will intervene and where. Let them squirm over it. Russia should answer with radio-silence, until the point at which the Ukraine starts to back down and return to the Minsk format.

auslander, PapaDragon and miketheterrible like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible 11/04/21, 06:23 am

flamming_python wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Finty wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    #WWIII

Don't. Only action works

The proclaim of Srebrenica is smart.  They said they will not let that happen again.  They are more or less making pretext of when they would intervene - if the DNR and LNR are losing.

They don't need to make any pretext or say anything or send any messages that might be misinterpreted. It's also a sign of weakness

The message should be confined to the mobilization of Russian forces to the border. That's clear enough. And let the Ukros and others make their own speculations, about under which conditions Russia will intervene and where. Let them squirm over it. Russia should answer with radio-silence, until the point at which the Ukraine starts to back down and return to the Minsk format.

That, I agree with. Stay silent and move your forces is all that is indeed needed to be said.

I don't consider it weak necessarily, cause at least they are saying something officially. It just not very strong words which I agree with.

These days, I don't think politicians anywhere do that though
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python 11/04/21, 06:26 am

miketheterrible wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Finty wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    #WWIII

Don't. Only action works

That, I agree with. Stay silent and move your forces is all that is indeed needed to be said.

I don't consider it weak necessarily, cause at least they are saying something officially. It just not very strong words which I agree with.

These days, I don't think politicians anywhere do that though

It's weak because it's an attempt at justification where none is needed.

Everyone already understands the actual situation, even if they pretend not to understand it.

franco
    franco

Post  franco 11/04/21, 06:26 am

Speak softly and carry a big stick thumbsup

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander 11/04/21, 07:20 am

franco wrote:Speak softly and carry a big stick thumbsup

Preferably a very large stick with a nice and sharp railroad spike sticking out of the end.

PapaDragon and Backman like this post

DerWolf

Post  DerWolf 11/04/21, 08:24 am

If things go so far that Russia has no option just to fights in Ukraine, i hope it takes territories till Dnieper river, not just Donestk.

kvs and miketheterrible like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python 11/04/21, 09:17 am

kvs wrote:

So the US sends a couple of its tubs to the Black Sea and claims they are a response to the Russian "buildup" but it turns out
    that permission for the transit of these two tubs was made 15 days ago before the Russian military deployments inside Russia.
    That is, they were coordinated with the buildup of Banderastani forces on the LOS.  

Clearly it is the yanquis who are doing all the saber rattling and aggressive posturing.

This guy is a good analyst but he puts too much stock into France and Germany, and what various leaders publicly state in general

The situation on the ground does not indicate a deescalation

And France and Germany don't decide anything. I don't know whether this whole thing is the plan of Washington, or the tail wagging the dog as Kiev tries desperately to stop Nord Stream 2; but even in that case the US is abating them and paving the way forward for the Ukros to proceed with a renewal of the war in full bloom.

The only way peace (relative peace) can be salvaged is if Russia makes it clear that the costs and risks outweigh any sort of potential benefit.

kvs, elconquistador, Backman and Finty like this post

Finty
    Finty

Post  Finty 11/04/21, 09:23 am

DerWolf wrote:If things go so far that Russia has no option just to fights in Ukraine, i hope it takes territories till Dnieper river, not just Donestk.

Don’t push it, probably not worth Russia getting involved too far unless trouble somehow kicks off there and they can justify deploying as a peacekeeping force. I think it’s about time this happened in Donetsk, their troops have been involved since 2014 so they may as well come clean and start wearing their insignia.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK 11/04/21, 09:44 am

Those USN ships are not due in until the start of next week and will leave early May. I suspect the role of one, if not both, could be to be tied up at a berth in Odessa harbour to try to make sure that Russia does not attack that part of the coast. Were there to be an attack of course.

Seems to be a big mistake by the US to me. I can understand what they are trying to do, gesture of support for Ukraine, but, given the option above, which clearly does do that, if they stay at sea it will be a clear statement by the US that they don't want to get that involved. I'm sure it is not their intention to be so open in showing their true intention.

Meanwhile

EndGameWW3
    @EndGameWW3
    · 3h
    Update: The 119th missile Brigade of RU based in the Central Military District has been moved 1000 miles closer to the Ukrainian border. It has been moved to the outskirts of Vornezh. Russia is meaning business with this move. They now have Iskander missiles in range
    of Ukraine.

ASB News / MILITARY
    Part alternation mark
    @ASBMilitary
    · 4h
    NEW: Erdogan, Zelensky confirm 'strategic partnership' between Turkey and Ukraine after Istanbul meeting

Finty likes this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr 11/04/21, 10:12 am

DerWolf wrote:If things go so far that Russia has no option just to fights in Ukraine, i hope it takes territories till Dnieper river, not just Donestk.

If it comes to that, they may as well just take the whole thing as the west will make them pay the price for it.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon 11/04/21, 10:21 am

flamming_python wrote:It's weak because it's an attempt at justification where none is needed.

Everyone already understands the actual situation, even if they pretend not to understand it.

Enough of the multi-quoting.

auslander and JohninMK like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon 11/04/21, 11:17 am

They should trash everything in shooting range and detach those areas from the Ukraine but definitely not take anything

Locals need to sort their own shit first and this can take decades even if it starts today

Russia can wait, no point doing what USA expects them to

JohninMK wrote:....
    ASB News / MILITARY
    Part alternation mark
    @ASBMilitary
    · 4h
    NEW: Erdogan, Zelensky confirm 'strategic partnership' between Turkey and Ukraine after Istanbul meeting[/i]

Like with Nusra in Syria before VKS declared wabbit season (several times)

miketheterrible and LMFS like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman 11/04/21, 02:48 pm

Here is a RAND report from 2019 that confirms it and even outlines scenarios and tactics that we are seeing today

https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_briefs/RB10014.html

The scenario in Ukraine:

“Providing lethal aid to Ukraine would exploit Russia’s greatest point of external vulnerability. But any increase in U.S. military arms and advice to Ukraine would need to be carefully calibrated to increase the costs to Russia of sustaining its existing commitment without provoking a much wider conflict in which Russia, by reason of proximity, would have significant advantages.”

Black Sea scenario:

” Black Sea buildup would involve deploying strengthened North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) anti-access and area denial over the Black Sea—perhaps in the form of long-range, land-based anti-ship missiles—to drive up the cost of defending Russian bases in Crimea and lower the benefit to Russia of having seized this area.”

---------------------------------------

Who do they think they are dealing with here ? Iran or Venezuela ? They believe their own bullshit. They are treating Russia as if its the 11th or 12th biggest economy.

kvs, elconquistador and LMFS like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python 11/04/21, 03:08 pm

Ukronazi troops acting tough on TikTok

https://twitter.com/I30mki/status/1380850811354238978

Who they trying to intimidate? They can't even intimidate the Donbass, and now they're threatening Putin. lol
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs 11/04/21, 04:44 pm

flamming_python wrote:Ukronazi troops acting tough on TikTok

https://twitter.com/I30mki/status/1380850811354238978

Who they trying to intimidate? They can't even intimidate the Donbass, and now they're threatening Putin. lol

Nazis always loved the occult. They are engaging in some sort of pagan ritual before battle where they project bad
    spirits to help destroy their enemy.

That and they are also fucktards.

mnztr

Post  mnztr 11/04/21, 04:49 pm

Russia should say that in return for what the US provided Ukraine, they will supply the Taliban with Kornet and Manpads as well as a huge supply of RPGs. See how they like them apples.

Backman likes this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS 11/04/21, 05:04 pm

mnztr wrote:Russia should say that in return for what the US provided Ukraine, they will supply the Taliban with Kornet and Manpads as well as a huge supply of RPGs. See how they like them apples.

They met with Hezbollah these days already... they know where it hurst the most for US
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible 11/04/21, 05:57 pm

Backman wrote:Here is a RAND report from 2019 that confirms it and even outlines scenarios and tactics that we are seeing today

https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_briefs/RB10014.html

The scenario in Ukraine:

“Providing lethal aid to Ukraine would exploit Russia’s greatest point of external vulnerability. But any increase in U.S. military arms and advice to Ukraine would need to be carefully calibrated to increase the costs to Russia of sustaining its existing commitment without provoking a much wider conflict in which Russia, by reason of proximity, would have significant advantages.”

Black Sea scenario:

” Black Sea buildup would involve deploying strengthened North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) anti-access and area denial over the Black Sea—perhaps in the form of long-range, land-based anti-ship missiles—to drive up the cost of defending Russian bases in Crimea and lower the benefit to Russia of having seized this area.”

---------------------------------------

Who do they think they are dealing with here ? Iran or Venezuela ? They believe their own bullshit. They are treating Russia as if its the 11th or 12th biggest economy.

Not sure their bottom point.

Crimea is called the unsinkable aircraft carrier for a reason. And we all seen how well American AD has worked in Saudi Arabia as well. Anyway, as I said, they won't assist Ukraine in any way. They can move dozens or a hundred tomahawk missile systems in Romania as example. Just means Romania would get hit by Islanders or worst.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 02/05/24, 10:15 pm