Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+58
Viktor
chicken
Mike E
AbsoluteZero
POKL
RTN
mutantsushi
Morpheus Eberhardt
magnumcromagnon
Vympel
collegeboy16
zino
macedonian
Werewolf
flamming_python
a89
calripson
zg18
mack8
Mindstorm
SOC
Rpg type 7v
xeno
Austin
ali.a.r
eridan
AlfaT8
Hachimoto
Sancho
TR1
Sujoy
Shadåw
KomissarBojanchev
Zivo
Mr.Kalishnikov47
George1
TheArmenian
Firebird
Kysusha
medo
Bthebrave
Cyberspec
Corrosion
Pervius
Wan2345
GarryB
Andy_Wiz
KRON1
ahmedfire
nightcrawler
Russian Patriot
milky_candy_sugar
Farhad Gulemov
Vladislav
sepheronx
Stealthflanker
Turk1
Admin
62 posters

VVS Russian Air Force: News #1

Viktor
    Viktor

VVS Russian Air Force: News #1 - Page 30 Empty Re: VVS Russian Air Force: News #1

Post  Viktor Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:26 pm

Nice  thumbsup 

Russia’s Aircraft Corporation to deliver 90 planes to Defense Ministry in 2014

- 90 new planes for Russian airforce
    - 200 warplanes will be repaired
    Viktor
    Viktor

VVS Russian Air Force: News #1 - Page 30 Empty Re: VVS Russian Air Force: News #1

Post  Viktor Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:42 am

Nice article with Pogosyan

Pogosyan: the task of creating a light fighter of the 5th generation is not a priority for the KLA
    collegeboy16
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:22 pm

Viktor wrote:Nice article with Pogosyan

Pogosyan: the task of creating a light fighter of the 5th generation is not a priority for the KLA
    whats the albanians got to do with 5th gen planes?
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:29 pm

collegeboy16 wrote:whats the albanians got to do with 5th gen planes?

Nothing obviously but it has everything to do with the ability of google translator to crunch any foreign launlage more complicated than the children stories  Very Happy 
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:50 am

Back to MiG, such a contract could give them enough money to work and especially for R@D to produce or co-produce highly capable products - LMFS (likely with other UAC companies- yes i did read it appear not to be a priority right now, but it probably would after 2016 to get it ready before 2025), the rumoured super-fast MiG-31 successor and UCAVs.

LMFS is not a priority now because OAK were told it was not a priority till PAK FA was in service.

As mentioned the true value of a light 5th gen fighter needs to be assessed.

Can a light 5th gen fighter be made at an affordable price that is not expensive to buy and not expensive to operate.

It will be a numbers plane so only in the first few hours/days of combat will it operate in stealth mode, with heavy external weapons carriage capacity being a feature after enemy IADs is crippled and enemy air power is neutralised.

The real question is... which is cheaper... having lots of 4+ gen fighters, having UCAVs, or having light 5th gen fighters for that role.

It needs a very sensible and well thought out design to make it effective.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:34 am

MiG-31 successor is in planning or there is already a concept?
    Austin

Post  Austin Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:51 am

Interview with Vladimir Mikhailov, director of management programs of military aircraft of the United Aircraft Corporation

http://www.echo.msk.ru/programs/arsenal/1303802-echo/

A.ERMOLIN : Good evening to everyone who listens to us , on the radio program "Arsenal" , leading to the studio Alexander smoking, Anatoly Ermolin and we continue to talk about Russian Armed Forces , today we have a wonderful guest, with whom you can talk about defense contracts and about that really need our air Force . Because we are talking today about the performance of the state defense order in aviation Vladimir Mikhailov , director of the Directorate of military aircraft programs of the United Aircraft Corporation . The fact that Vladimir Sergeyevich was the Commander of the Air Force.

Mikhailov : From 2002 to 2007 .

A.ERMOLIN : That is, you as a customer know that you had .

Mikhailov : Yes , the client worked , and now execute defense procurement - aspire to it .

A.ERMOLIN : Let us with the basics - what is this institution , government orders , for which there is , as implemented?

A.KURENNOY : At least with respect to aviation .

Mikhailov : The state defense order is the number of the equipment you buy the Defense Ministry, other security agencies and even the national economy . This work is the aviation industry - if we talk about airplanes . Fortunately, in recent years the state defense order to greatly increase its share compared to exports , for example.

If in 2009-2008 , exports accounted for more than 80%, and 19% of the state defense order , the last few years , 2013-2015 , the state defense order is 76 % , while exports are only 24 .

Now our company working hard - it Komsomolsk -on-Amur , Irkutsk , Novosibirsk, Falcon , Kazan , Ulyanovsk , Taganrog, RAC - MiG , on-site and Moscow , and in Lukhovitsy . That is , all businesses fairly well loaded with government jobs , so called " defense procurement ."

A.KURENNOY : That is, by and large, compared to the year two thousand years , the situation is mirrored , it changed. When scrapping occurred ?

Mikhailov : Of course, this can not be said - after the collapse of the USSR the purchase of new aircraft was almost stopped. Purchase was 247 aircraft in 1991 , wholesale sunk to zero. And only the first cars began already purchased in 2000 and further years.

I , has taken over the position of Commander of the Air Force , he thought - and what will be replaced by , for example, the Su- 24 ? Was the Su-27 . And here we are on this subject began to work seriously , and in 2003 received a preliminary report , and in 2005 it was decided - after appropriate testing - go on a series of small , early five cars , and then entered into two contracts - 34 . And even now works contract for 92 aircraft.

That is, more than a hundred new cars , SU- 34, in the coming years will be in the army. And now this figure is closer to half a hundred .

A.ERMOLIN : There is some software vision?

Mikhailov : Absolutely. There are state armament program - based on the financial capacity of those weapons program drawn up in which there are all types of aircraft . And this program is determined by the General Staff with priority of a particular technology.

Of course , the preference is now given to machines SU- 34, SU -35 PAK-FA - promising aviation complex tactical aviation training aircraft Yak- 130. MIG is on the faculty of the MiG- 29 SMT and MiG-29 UB is a good modernization of the MiG -31 - it has long been produced , but the car is now being upgraded , increased its efficiency by more than two times. And, of course , on the resources , performance , this machine before 2025 will surely remain in service after going modernization, major overhaul .

And , based on this set just for the helicopter category . And is a priority , giving the patterns that are needed for the Armed Forces . And the implementation of the state armament program this is the state defense order execution . Strictly by year , the number of all defined , and we do it .

A.ERMOLIN : In addition to the total aggregate software programs vision of each aircraft - you book a plane , knowing that after 10 years it should be such that after 15 - so . That is, you are laying the future development of each model ?

Mikhailov : Absolutely. Each plane has some own perspective. We are making some initially positive results of this machine , and , realizing that with the development of various technologies , aviation equipment , the machine can have one , two upgrades. This is not only for us , it's all over the world to do so. The machine has a life of up to 50 years.

This involves two or three upgrading. In particular, the Su- 34 is very promising , powerful plane , it already meets all modern requirements , but we see that it has great potential to maintain it , for its development.

The same machine and SU- 35, 22 are already in service , and this year again we need to tell the troops of 12 aircraft . Intensive work on the promising aviation complex tactical aviation, PAK-FA or T-50, it is called .

By the way, it was the right decision to move to modernize the Su-27 , Su- 27 CM2 , CM3 - it allowed us to aircraft equipment - and SU- 35 and the PAK-FA , is to develop on those samples.

A.ERMOLIN : coming to you questions. Captain Kolesnikov: "The fact that the machine is the 5th generation PAK-FA - T50 put on a stream , there is no doubt . And what are the prospects promising aviation complex long-range aircraft - PAK-FA , if the new hypersonic vehicle ? "

Mikhailov : uptake in aviation. Now , by the way , is such a program - PAK -DA , and above it started to work actively. And on the eve of the 20s , this car will be already in service . Now we can do with the TU- 160 , TU -95 , TU -22M3 and modernization of these boards passes . And began to actively work on the PAK-FA .

A.KURENNOY : And our machines frontline aviation , which are being improved - we do in many areas in the defense industry are on the path of modernization, ranging from small arms , ending shipbuilding . But still , nothing stands still - evolving not only we, but also our competitors , even China is trying to build something BoE . As far as potential correlates modernizing our machines so as there is a development of this segment in the world?

Mikhailov : In 2002, he came to the post of commander in chief , I definitely having some funding for the purchase of new - and new - it was not, so that the right to take and buy something - drew attention to the modernization . First, this is the way this seemingly the cheapest, but it allows to raise efficiency of the aircraft, modernized , 2.5-3 times . Because the latest equipment , which allows to use the latest means of destruction , and thereby increasing efficiency.

Generally we have our aircraft are very good aerodynamics, they are very volatile . We hiked up the engines in kotsne 80s . , But in the 90th . , When there was a strong development of all electronic systems , we are a little way behind . Now we will definitely catch up , and it allows us to produce qualitative modernization of aircraft.

I have already said - we do upgrading the MiG-31, MiG-29 SMT modernization, is, and this adaptation 9-17, and any upgrade can then be used when creating a new aircraft, new aircraft. Modernization that we use on the MiG-29 SMT, we use a technique already in the ship - the MiG-29K and all of this will be used in a perspective plane MIG35 - a lightweight fighter, which certainly can be, to a lesser extent, but definitely need the Air Force, and he will be ordered.

A.ERMOLIN: Can we say that our planes were different for the better in terms of aerodynamics, that's not too late to put them on a new filling, and this combined solution will be adequate to world standards?

Mikhailov: Modernization and provides just put a new filling, like you said. Modernisation of the Su-27 - SU-27-cm - we went from appliances switches, switched to the indicators that greatly enhance the opportunities for pilots piloting use of lethal force, makes his work easier. This is the right steps.

And aerodynamics - I repeat - our planes gorgeous. I myself flew the MiG-29, Su-27, Su-7, MIG-21 - mastered many types of aircraft, and always wondered aerobatic aircraft such properties. I was at the beginning of the development of the Su-27 Russian our "Hero". May 4, we began to develop, and on May 27, Air Force Commander Efimov showed diamond at GC-27. He was very surprised - as you can in a short time, to achieve such results. And thanks to the smartest car. Well, we certainly tried.

A.ERMOLIN: aerodynamics exhausted itself?

Mikhailov: No, not exhausted.

A.ERMOLIN: where to go from there, or we went to the best devices?

Mikhailov: Perfection in nothing, there is always a certain perspective. For example, we could create something else, but there was no such technology, which would allow to make a curved wing, like a bird, - there was no technology. And now we come to these technologies, and there are machines, and similar birds.

A.ERMOLIN Alexander Kazan: "Is the self development of combat aircraft from the back
    swept wing "?

Mikhailov: There was a C-37, Pogosyan doing this board. He remained experimental, because there are benefits, but there are any disadvantages. I would not want to go into details aerodynamic - you can make a plane and forwardswept. One Antonov asked why you all aircraft wings on top of the fuselage? And he said, and you show me at least one of the birds, whose wings grow from the bottom.

A.ERMOLIN: Good answer.

Mikhailov: Yes, good response was.

A.ERMOLIN: How do you interact with plants? You have it?

Mikhailov: Absolutely. Creation of the United Aircraft Corporation, we pay great attention to the uniformity of certain PKI - not to come up with something for everyone owl new - there is no need.

Unification of aircraft, especially equipment, maximum. We do something good in Komsomolsk-on-Amur, something in Vorkuta, Novosibirsk. And even Novosibirsk makes certain parts for another company. That is, using unification.

And then, having acquired some equipment metal cutting, not to each company had its own machines, but rather to focus some amount of machines in one place, machining, and do it on everyone else.

Besides, now the important moment in the state defense order - this is a repair of aircraft, including the modernization. And it was the right decision - we were 09 aircraft repair plants transferred to the KLA, now we have become richer by 9 aircraft repair plants. All these plants are familiar to me, and the director of the Department of service, Morozov, he devoted his life to this repair plant - now he directs the department.

Certainly, there is still more closely the whole industry to work, supporting each other - where it is cheaper to do there and ordered the equipment that is cheaper and as soon as possible to repair the modernization and repair lift Air Force.

A.ERMOLIN: So you are, in fact, provide the transition to the service during the whole cycle?

Mikhailov: Exactly. Full life cycle. Now it is very fashionable topic. Say that we have already crossed, God grabbed his beard - it is not, but progressed significantly. We are for 2013, when the aircraft repair company took under his wing, only for 2013 rose serviceability of the Air Force by 11% - this is a good growth.

And already this year, from January to date, we have raised the serviceability of 6%. But I'm sure that in the remaining months of 2014 for even greater serviceability. Because this system we re-created, as it were, tied together all the factories, work now begins ion everything clearer and clearer.

A.KURENNOY: state arms program is designed for a large number of years.

Mikhailov: At 10 years.

A.KURENNOY: Yes, there are examples of characteristics. But the customer, the Ministry of Defense, may suddenly arise - take a hypothetical situation - any suggestions on changing characteristics. As it happens, they formulate them? Communicate with you?

Mikhailov: The state armament program is a very important document, it is not created by one month, and created a few years. There is a program of weapons of 2010-2020. We have lived in this program 5 years and feel - something needs to change, prioritize differently. And now, have been working on the program SAP-2016-2020's. That is, without waiting for 10 years, it is impossible to provide for 10 years ahead.

A.KURENNOY: Well, there's some new things.

Mikhailov: That's right: new technologies, new requirements, new means of destruction. And we feel that we need to change priorities, order something new, especially in terms of weaponry - the work is constantly in the dynamics, make some new armament program. And I'm sure it was changed 2002-2010 gg., 2005-2015, in 2010 SAP adjusted, made new.

So now - five years ago, goes back adjustment. Stability and should not be, it is wrong. Can not be released as "Lada" 20-15 years.

A.ERMOLIN : You are participating in the adjustment programs?

Mikhailov : Absolutely. We can report to their capabilities , who should , and say that such and such can - order , call the number . Undertake additional obligations - now such a possibility .

A.ERMOLIN : Let me remind you , our guest - Vladimir Mikhailov, Director of the Directorate of military aircraft programs of the United Aircraft Corporation . We are talking about the performance of the state defense order in aviation. Number of questions on aviation , we are going wild .

Mikhailov : Planes love and love

A.ERMOLIN : By the way , why?

Mikhailov : I April 12, 1961 , the day of the flight , Gagarin made ​​the decision to go into aviation . And since then , many years have passed already , I can not imagine another . Incidentally, I left not written off pilot, and now 7 years working in the KLA , also near the aircraft. It is impossible not to love .

A.ERMOLIN : Offer after the break to tell where your departed " Sledgehammer " - that I tie my intrigue to the next part of the program.

NEWS

A.ERMOLIN : Continue program with our guest , Vladimir Mikhailov , director of the Directorate of military aircraft programs of the United Aircraft Corporation .

Since I'm currently allowed to create intrigue about the " sledgehammer " , tell it to become public property - that you were there in 1961

Mikhailov : Indeed, in 1961 , on April 19 , we are a small team , which I headed , assorted observation tower guns.

A.ERMOLIN : How old were you then ?

Mikhailov : 18 incomplete . And suddenly we have a transistor passes : working station Soviet man in space, begin to transmit a biography of Gagarin - graduated from vocational school , tech- molder , Orenburg school. My civil specialty - Technician foundry. And I threw a sledgehammer , they say - the guys I went to aviation. As time was recruiting moment, and in 1962, wanted to go to Orenburg , but by the time it was disbanded, and I went to school Yeiskoe .

A.ERMOLIN Education allowed .

Mikhailov : Education college . I was very easy to learn in school - first, with great mood, great desire , and secondly , after all techniques while giving a good knowledge - sopromat , technical mechanics . Math I do not have any of the four all-time , from school . Since Russian was worse because there was no time - worked very hard on the farm for mom , geese pass , calves . How many can remember , so much work .

A.ERMOLIN : How now with skilled workers ? You can see that college graduates possess the strength of materials ?

Mikhailov : I can tell you that the cadres decide everything . And with the training we are now beginning to return to the profession - it is quite cheap in terms of preparation , and yet narrow focus , specialist narrow profile is badly needed .

I have always enjoyed at the aircraft plants - here in Moscow, " Salute " , a director Elisha , he even MAI branch , the branch organized a college , his men came , lived at the factory. Learn before lunch , afternoon work at the plant . He paid them some money , and they are actively pouring into the team and from there do not go away .

Exactly the same practice here in Novosibirsk - almost all plants. We have not even hope for some schools - we are preparing their factories young professionals.

A.ERMOLIN : Maybe this is correct ?

Mikhailov : That is absolutely correct. Then , as a rule , we take young men who are close to this city - once solved many problems - their housing, and so on. And it is a practice that is increasingly gaining its significant place .

A.KURENNOY : So , are these centers of competence.

Mikhailov : I do not like these winged words that we gave Gorbachev .

A.ERMOLIN : What professions , occupations in factories now missing? And where to take? Quality desktop ?

Mikhailov : Machining is very important. Turners, grinders , milling , riveters . Work hard , there must be competent enough to put the rivet in place so that it has not taken off during overload. All these workers are needed.

And, of course , engineers and technicians - the youth comes to plants , studying . On an example of "Salute" in Moscow has a branch MAI. Same branches in other plants , we create - in Kazan , Ulyanovsk, Novosibirsk - all this is taking place.

A.KURENNOY : We are often so it was, since the Soviet times , we surpassed competitors on technical, combat characteristics , but not always in the same answer in terms of the economy. For example, the cost of flight hours , maintenance costs - we now adjust this , go in this direction?

Mikhailov : I'll tell you - all of our aircraft - SU -35 PAK-FA , Su-24 , and even when Bogdan showed Putin in Zhukovsky aircraft T-50 , and then they had a conversation , he says - well, like a machine its characteristics will handicap peers ? He says give but one feature - two and a half times cheaper.

And in fact our car is cheaper , we do not allow us to be rolling in money , we believe every penny . Composite materials for each unit , each bolt . And to say that we have money to scatter , it is nonsense . Achieve due to the adaptability to the car we had as cheaply as possible . We understand that such public spending .

A.ERMOLIN : You did not expect that, due to the fact that the share of the state order . Plants will feel less competition and this will affect the quality of the product ?

Mikhailov : The quality of products is not affected.

A.ERMOLIN : On the competition?

Mikhailov : Quantity becomes quality , definitely . When we create a singly - of course, there are drawbacks . And when the number of products increases, and increases quality.

In 2011 we just received 19 new aircraft . In 2012 - 345 , in 2013 - 505 , in 2014, we get 98, 2015 - more than a hundred . That is, the growth is . And every company - for example , Komsomolsk -on-Amur in 2013 released 12 SU- 35, plus the PAK-FA in 2014 - 12 and Su- 35 PAK-FA , plus SU- 30M2 , and Superjet is also done there.

That is, when analyzed the state defense order for one year, we see that this plant should by all means arri 120 specialists , 150, - for such and such specialties to perform at 100% defense procurement - beyond that we are watching .

A.ERMOLIN : I have a puzzling question : " Why is the PAK-FA is not worth rectangular nozzle ? "

Mikhailov : So , this is not necessary .

A.KURENNOY : Logically, we asked Captain Kolesnikov ?

A.ERMOLIN : He's a serious question : " What are the threats forced the Defense Ministry to resume again a radical upgrade of MiG- 31 , which came from the enemy that they must revive the production? "

Mikhailov : You know, just a MiG- 31 is quite reliable, a good car, and made ​​it so that the battery life should be at least 40 years. Machine according to its size is very convenient for modernization, convenient to put in her new stuffing and thereby increase its effectiveness.

Talk about the fact that we started from the north somewhere strongly threatened and we have no MIG- 31 can not do it wrong. SU- 35 , for example, largely solves exactly the same problem as the MiG- 31. A PAK-FA even more so. Is largely determined by the onboard radar system , as it stands , how far he sees the purpose for which a range , because of the new weapons can attack it .

So I did not bring to you visually show - and such a comparison I did, in the State Duma raised this question - should urgently , almost re-build MiG- 31. We convinced them that it does not need to build , you need to make upgrades and build new models are not necessary. Because it's such technologies such conditions for the creation of aircraft in several other aspects of the machine will be built . MIG31 will not be called , but in a different way . SU- 35 solves the same problem .

That's when I showed the performance characteristics of these aircraft . What are the benefits ? Here are 8 tons pulls here 6 tons. That is, even this is win.

A.ERMOLIN : It is often said about the fifth-generation fighter .

Mikhailov : Well, PAK_FA - T-50 .

A.ERMOLIN : What do you want as commander in chief ?

Mikhailov : You know, this has started to use a gradation in Kutahova - MiG-21 , for example, and SU- 7 , - airplanes were third generation. MIG- 17 - the second generation.

A.ERMOLIN : What's the difference ?

Mikhailov : The difference again in combat power , combat effectiveness, speed , altitude . MIG-29 - I flew it , the Su-27 - the fourth generation. Then make upgrades Su-27 became the Su- 27SM - plane fourth generation plus. SU- 27SM2 ​​- made ​​even more bells and whistles .

A.ERMOLIN : With tail.

Mikhailov : Yes , began with two advantages . Reached the fifth generation fighter aircraft - PAK-FA .

A.ERMOLIN : See what 's next?

Mikhailov : We will continue to develop , maybe we call the fifth generation aircraft with two, three ins , or sixth generation - on six work begin.

A.ERMOLIN : A philosophy may change cars?

Mikhailov : You can change , of course.

A.ERMOLIN : By the way , the question " What is the role and place of unmanned aircraft in modern air combat ? Can I the Russian defense industry to establish strategic strike drones ? "

Mikhailov : Unmanned aircraft certainly is important. Incidentally, kotsne 70s - early 80s in this matter we were ahead of the rest . Then a few missed this moment. Currently work is being done , we are doing work on dry , it is called "hunter" - this machine is very promising, now goes to R & D in 2015 , with a subsequent transition to the OCD.

The ability to create good drones, certainly there. And a striking example - I said ahead of the rest were - our " shuttle ". You know , flew into space, flew and landed . This suggests that there were systems that allow the airplane to grasp this , and bring it to land exactly in a given area .

Unmanned aircraft to the solution of other problems only - if it is unmanned , it can be as a scout - photography and everything. Unmanned reconnaissance and can be and using any weapons. That is, this issue is certainly paying attention to .

But when a few missed in 90 years - honestly must admit some moments to catch up all at once is impossible. But the work is carried out . And our students need to understand that work is being done , but not all studies , we can say loud and loud . The time will come , learn .

A.ERMOLIN : Il'shat Kazan asks when to start second phase of modernization of the TU- 160 - going through , in his opinion . There Avionics too old .

Mikhailov : Absolutely. Plane releasing another 80s . Avionics course there was a little old . Here now was the first modernization, now begins the second , 2017, will be called the plane TU - 160M -2 , will be modernized - albeit not worry .

Now AFLRO given enough attention . She was a little - due to lack of certain funds - as if it were less interested , believed that the first thing to do it, but it can wait. But now long-range aviation , strategic , paid much attention.

And I 've already told you - there's work , where he is actively involved in this work , with good cooperation among enterprises, a large number of enterprises in the territory of Russia .

A.ERMOLIN : One of the most important challenges now is to create a single information space combat - it's a question about your interaction with other species and genera of Sun

Mikhailov : We have a special aviation aircraft, patrol far and several others.

A.ERMOLIN : Type " AWACS "?

Mikhailov : Yes . There are A-50 . Create new machine A- 100 with the best features that allow you to see the whole situation over long distances. In a single information field , we certainly are in execution. And the newest planes allow us to use a single information field to determine a variety of purposes . That is, it is all interconnected.

A.ERMOLIN : Same tactical aviation - it is synchronized ?

Mikhailov : And tactical aviation . One of the areas of modernization , such as the Su- 34 - put a container that allows you to explore - and photos , and it is all transferred to the command posts at once for a general understanding of the situation that is taking shape in a particular direction.

A.KURENNOY : I think it fits into that segment of the modernization that we talked about .

Mikhailov : Absolutely.

A.KURENNOY : What we will replace the Su- 35 ?

Mikhailov : Well, it 's too early to change - it is quite fresh . But in parallel with it will create and have created the PAK-FA , is now embarking on a serious test of this aircraft . Replaced by the SU- 034 - early to talk about change , it is also very fresh plane , the only - from 2016 to the SU- 34M - again with a new filling, radio-electronic means of protection and yourself and the group , and so on . That is, in this respect is the development of these aircomplexes . And since virtually the entire spectrum.

By the way, we are now trying to reduce the number of aircraft type . For example, the SU- 24 will take - will be Su- 35, Su -35 PAK-FA . MIG 35s . Quite a long time will remain the MiG- 29 SMT and MiG- 29K - CG -B . But clean MIGs , of course, is not available with 90-year , so the time will come - they will write off , as well as the SU -27. And range aircraft will decrease.

Because earlier was , say, bomber, but he could not solve problems engage aerial targets " air-air ", and now SU- 34 - this bomber , bomber . He carries missiles for defeating the purpose and carries missiles to protect itself. When the SU- 34 goes back to the task , he does not need fighter escort - he himself provides everything you need. And noise can deliver, and to protect and hit the goal , if it appears. That is, he himself provides. He is said to be all-weather.

A.KURENNOY : And " vsezadachny ."

Mikhailov : Yes .

A.ERMOLIN : formulate the problem for Advanced Studies ? For what yet, but it is necessary to invent ?

A.KURENNOY : Theory ?

Mikhailov : Of course, we have Research Institute - previously it was "30" was called , wholesale , with Serdyukov , was not quite competent reorganization of military institutions , now we go back , and science , of course, must march ahead. Research and development that is then used in a practical aircraft .

No science can not move forward. It is like a blind man would go and bump into everything. And if you still calculate in advance , think , no error will be less than the design of aircraft, their operation.

A.ERMOLIN : There are some really fantastic ideas and solutions ? Recovered the same our " winged ", which was at one time . A fundamentally new physical characteristics ?

Mikhailov : We have a good design, just do not want to live in the open to talk about them . They are, working on them . We have a KB dry very powerful for MIG on " Yakovlev " in our factories . "Tupolev" has KB , has branch in Kazan this KB , Ulyanovsk . Several thousand people are engaged in the development, conduct research that are needed to create a good aircraft with a good filling, with good brains aircraft - all this we have to work.

Certainly, there are some drawbacks , but most importantly, that in recent years , and Putin pays much attention to aviation. I, as commander in chief , I will say - I even being commander in chief , was several times on the reports on his fighters , transport planes . And you know, these reports struck me that it penetrates quickly , captures the essence of the question , and even gives recommendations , or that , for guidance.

A.ERMOLIN : Are there any restrictions on the number of aircraft ?

Mikhailov : No, there are regular number .

A.ERMOLIN : I mean the international rules ?

Mikhailov : No restrictions , staff numbers have now - it certainly is not very big , it has been reduced quite strongly . Army aviation . Helicopters - expand their base , they will be a little more. And again from teams from obscure databases , go back to the traditional name - " air squadron ", " Aviation Regiment ", " division " - is a revival .

Amount of equipment must be such that the country can repel any .

A.ERMOLIN : That is the question Dennis from Boston we do not respond as needed aircraft for the Russian army?

A.KURENNOY : More - so respond .

Mikhailov : No, "more" you can not say . Because it must be that quantity which is necessary to ensure security. Considering that SU- machine 34 , it may replace one of SU - 8 24 - and their number should certainly be somewhat less.

A.KURENNOY : Another question - you , as a former commander in chief , say , the current defense procurement , arms program - how close to the ideal ? Quite close , or should it be increased?

Mikhailov : You know, it is close to the ideal. Now create a new program - 2016-2025 gg. I think it will be quite that program , which is necessary for the Armed Forces. And not only in terms of aviation issues , army aviation , but also others. Because we interact and know what questions to put to the Army, and for landing .

It will be close to the perfection that is needed.

A.ERMOLIN : And on that thought , and we put a point . You spoke today with Vladimir Mikhailov , director of the Directorate of military aviation programs of the United Aircraft Corporation . Thank you very much , come to us again .

zg18
    zg18

Post  zg18 Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:22 am

VVS Russian Air Force: News #1 - Page 30 Gu5DNqY

Kids touring TsAGI , interesting designs
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:41 am

zg18 wrote:VVS Russian Air Force: News #1 - Page 30 Gu5DNqY

Kids touring TsAGI , interesting designs

Fantastic picture.

The one on the left was an HST that was called Tu-2000 for a while, not to be confused with the aerospaceplane that was also called Tu-2000.

Here's another view of the HST.
    VVS Russian Air Force: News #1 - Page 30 Hit10W4

Last edited by Morpheus Eberhardt on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:12 am

Rumor going around on Russian forums- the 16 MiG-29SMTs are indeed from spare/unfinished airframes.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:26 am

Rumor going around on Russian forums- the 16 MiG-29SMTs are indeed from spare/unfinished airframes.

whether they are old planes or new is not so important.

I suspect they would be old planes... they should be prepared for production of new planes only and not keep production capacity for older types.

Of course having said that upgrading old airframes should make them rather cheaper to make and have less compatibility issues with existing types.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:50 pm

TR1 wrote:Rumor going around on Russian forums- the 16 MiG-29SMTs are indeed from spare/unfinished airframes.

How many unfinished MiG-29UB they have left? They could also make additional Mig-29UBTs for new squadrons.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:46 pm

Russia Starts Combat Helicopter Training Flights on Baltic Border

MOSCOW, April 30 (RIA Novosti) – A newly formed Russian army helicopter brigade has begun training flights in the northwest of the country near the borders with the Baltic states of Estonia and Latvia, a spokesman for the Western Military District said Wednesday.

“Helicopters of the army aviation brigade of the Western Military District, based in the Pskov region, have begun regular training flights in the skies over northwestern Russia,” Col. Oleg Kochetkov said.

Kochetkov said the flights involve dozens of Mi-28N Night Hunter and Ka-52 Alligator attack helicopters as well as Mi-8MTV-5 and Mi-26T combat transport helicopters.

The 15th army aviation brigade, formed in December and stationed at the Ostrov airbase, is fully equipped with new, recently-built helicopters. The brigade currently comprises three helicopter squadrons, with two more to be added in the near future.

Media in the former Soviet Baltic states, as well as Germany, Poland and the United Kingdom, have expressed security concerns about Russia’s decision to station the 15th brigade near NATO’s borders.

Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu earlier announced the beginning of military drills of units from the Southern and Western military districts near the borders with Ukraine and the Baltic states in response to an “unprecedented” increase of NATO military activity near Russia amid the Ukrainian crisis.

The combat drills come as NATO is ramping up its military presence in the region.

NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen announced earlier this month that the alliance would intensify air patrols over Eastern Europe and dispatch extra ships to the Baltic and Mediterranean Seas due to the crisis in Ukraine.

The Russian Foreign Ministry said that NATO was attempting to use the Ukrainian crisis as an imaginary threat to unite the alliance’s members and to push for Moscow's isolation.
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Thu May 08, 2014 5:18 pm

TR1 wrote:Rumor going around on Russian forums- the 16 MiG-29SMTs are indeed from spare/unfinished airframes.

Not really surprising. Just make sure it's checked properly for corrosion or possible fatigue, then it's good to go..Those who didn't pass the checking should go to scrapyard.

Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Wed May 14, 2014 1:05 am

Does this mean that A-100 will get AESA radar  Very Happy ?

LINK

"MIC": Great gift for the anniversary of the team. Vladimir Stepanovich, understand that the issue closed, but maybe say a few words about the future of the A-100 aircraft on which you are currently working? How do you see his image and filling?

- Development work is progressing well, started testing individual systems. It will be reconnaissance aircraft, patrol and control is based on the fifth generation of IL-476 in Ulyanovsk aircraft factory. For him, a new radar AFAR and digital signal processing, implemented a number of other innovations that greatly expand the functionality, you can track objects on land, at sea and in the air.

about A-50U

Digitization of all incoming information allowed on board, on the one hand, to reduce the weight of the equipment to seven tons, which increased the characteristics of the aircraft range and flight duration, on the other - to increase its functionality.

superlative speach about Tu-214ON

Currently, the Russian Defense Ministry built two fully equipped means of observation aircraft and all ground infrastructure ACH OH. No country in the world has such a complex aerial surveillance to fly under the treaty

Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Wed May 14, 2014 7:41 am

Viktor wrote:Does this mean that A-100 will get AESA radar  Very Happy ?

As far as I know, that was always the plan, but AESA doesn't necessarily mean that there is no mechanical scanning. For example there can be horizontal mechanical rotation of the active array with electronic scanning in the vertical plane or in both the horizontal and the vertical planes.

Actually these approaches can be optimal approaches for early warning aircraft.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed May 14, 2014 10:08 am

The Russian Air force to develop a high speed helicopter that's speed exceeds 450km per hour, first prototype to be created by 2015:

Superfast helicopter for 7.5 billion rubles

The machine must be certified by 2020

VVS Russian Air Force: News #1 - Page 30 MiX_588

According to Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade of Russia Yuri Slusarev on development of advanced high-speed helicopter planned to spend more than 7 billion rubles.

As told RIA Novosti news agency Executive Director of JSC "Klimov" Alexander Vatagin, n he first prototype of a new generation engine for future high-speed helicopter will be created in 2015.

"We're talking about long-term development of high-speed helicopter to obtain a certificate for serial production in 2020. Now program, which is implemented for two years, provided the order of 7.5 billion budget investment and holding company "Helicopters of Russia" , - said Slusar.

Promising high-speed commercial helicopter to be certified by 2020. Head of the holding "Helicopters of Russia" Alexander Mikheyev said that at the moment the machine is on the stage of conceptual design.

"Now consultations with marketers and experts, as well as determination of speed machines," - he said.  Operators expressed that much speed is not a key parameter for them.  "When developing advanced helicopter in the first phase are the main economic indicators. The car will be designed for consumers and at a specified price, "- said Yuri Slusar.  

In the second phase, it is co-financing and creation to 2025-2030 years scientific and technical groundwork for the helicopter of new materials with fundamentally new aerodynamic configuration, new avionics (OEE). Machine speed established in the second step is expected to exceed 450km / h

Formerly executive director of JSC "Klimov" Alexander Vatagin stated that the first prototype of a new generation engine for future high-speed helicopter will be created in 2015. In turn, the largest developer of avionics Concern "Radio-electronic technology" reported that developed a set of avionics on the principle of  "glass cockpit" for future high-speed helicopter, which will allow the pilot to monitor the situation closely behind, not being distracted by the devices.

Promising high-speed helicopter project - unique to the domestic industry. "We are talking about a car designed from the ground holding " Helicopters of Russia ", - informed the Jury Slyusar. Promising high-speed helicopter, will likely have a lot of 12-13 m, then there will be a replacement helicopters MI-8/17 family.

United Engine Corporation (UEC) and the French company Turbomeca previously signed an agreement of understanding. The parties agreed on strategic cooperation in the creation of advanced power plant and a new generation of helicopters.

http://rostec.ru/news/4513397

Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu May 15, 2014 2:18 pm

Nice  thumbsup 

Cadets at the Air Force Academy will receive six new helicopters
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sun May 18, 2014 7:32 pm

wow wow wow  thumbsup 

Rogozin: Russia will cooperate with China and in the sky and in space

Russia and China are developing 80 ton load HELICOPTER  Laughing Laughing Laughing 

there seems to be some other interesting projects too but nothing is said about them as of now .... if they will came to be anything ambitious like this helo project than we are in for a fun

ride
    eridan

Post  eridan Sun May 18, 2014 8:14 pm

even a 80 ton mtow helicopter sounds too crazy to be taken seriously, let alone a 80 ton payload helo, which would indicate a 150 ton (mtow) monstrosity. What sort of market could there be for such aircraft when even mi-26 isn't really present around the world in more than 100 airframes?

That piece of news some years ago about 30-35 mtow ton helicopter as a result of russia/china cooperation makes much, much more sense, for both countries, especially for military purposes.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sun May 18, 2014 8:26 pm

Well Russians tend to build biggest everything. It could be a typo and it could be its not. Just because something is out of proportions does not mean its not true.

Until proven othervise I believe them.

TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sun May 18, 2014 10:57 pm

It's Rogozin. He says many things that mean nothing.

What I heard about China and Russia was similar to what eridan said.
    Not a Mi-26 replacement, but something smaller.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun May 18, 2014 11:53 pm

Viktor wrote:wow wow wow  thumbsup 

Rogozin: Russia will cooperate with China and in the sky and in space

Russia and China are developing 80 ton load HELICOPTER  Laughing Laughing Laughing 

there seems to be some other interesting projects too but nothing is said about them as of now .... if they will came to be anything ambitious like this helo project than we are in for a fun

ride

Russo-Sino superheavy helicopter project was first mentioned last year; but little further details were available.

TR1 wrote:It's Rogozin. He says many things that mean nothing.

What I heard about China and Russia was similar to what eridan said.
    Not a Mi-26 replacement, but something smaller.

He does, but talk of this project started surfacing at the time that Russian and Chinese commissions were meeting last year

If Rogozin is only repeating something that someone else already said - then it's OK. You just have to run it through the BS filter a couple of times and then the info is ready to go.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Mon May 19, 2014 12:06 am

eridan wrote:even a 80 ton mtow helicopter sounds too crazy to be taken seriously, let alone a 80 ton payload helo, which would indicate a 150 ton (mtow) monstrosity. What sort of market could there be for such aircraft when even mi-26 isn't really present around the world in more than 100 airframes?

That piece of news some years ago about 30-35 mtow ton helicopter as a result of russia/china cooperation makes much, much more sense, for both countries, especially for military purposes.

It may not be a military application it may be a super heavy helicopter for construction, that something China would see a lot of use in their countless mega infrastructure projects. A mega heavy helicopter could be very useful constructing and repairing structural pieces that are suspended high in the air, such as bridges, dams, skyscrappers, and if the Chinese are financing it who is to tell them no? Again, the most likely scenario is that it's a civilian helicopter meant for infrastructure construction, and a military application (most likely for military engineering purposes) is a distant second option.

A secondary intriguing aspect of this is that it might spur the domestic helicopter engine producing capacity, and helps Russia become less reliant on Ukraine for helicopter engines.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon May 19, 2014 9:11 am

Aerospace forces to be established in Russia

A new branch of the armed forces will be established in Russia soon. It will comprise the air forces and the aerospace defense forces, ITAR-TASS reports with reference to a high-ranking representative of the Russian Ministry of Defense.

"The decision on establishing the new branch of the armed forces has been taken at the highest level and the work focused on establishment of the new structure, comprising the air forces and the aerospace defense forces, is in progress", - the source said.

A source close to the ministry added that the Commander-in-Chief of the aerospace forces has not been appointed yet. "Issues connected with division of new structure will be discussed this month at a meeting dedicated to further development of the armed forces", - he said.

According to the source, most likely, both the air forces and the aerospace defense forces will keep their current structure. "It is expected that the new Commander-in-Chief will have deputies responsible for the air forces, the aerospace defense forces and the air defense forces respectively. There also will be some more branches: anti-aircraft missile troops, radio-technical troops, etc.", - the source added.

He said that the structure of the new branch of the armed forces has not been defined yet and at present it is under consideration. However, it is quite possible that the aerospace forces will comprise missile forces and artillery, including, Iskander tactical ballistic missile systems, able to engage euro anti-ballistic missile systems more efficiently as compared to attack and bomber aircraft". "The concept and approach are being developed; the corresponding research work is in progress", - the source noted.

According to him, it is expected that the decision on establishing the new branch of the armed forces will be finalized in 2015.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:49 am