The development of military aviation - a priority in the development of the Armed Forces of the Russian
What changes are waiting for our Air Force in the near future? Will there be corrected distortions and excesses in their reforms made by the former leadership of the Ministry of Defence? What is expected in the near future when new military equipment? These and other questions specifically for the "Military-Industrial Courier," said Chief of the Air Force, Lieutenant-General Viktor Bondar.
"MIC": Viktor, it was reported that the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation is preparing a partial change in the structure of the Air Force. Is this related to the solution with the results of unannounced inspections of troops and forces of the Eastern Military District?
- Changes in the structure of the Air Force will be expressed in a return to the organizational structure of the "division - regiment" in the aviation of the Air Force. And also in the taking of air crew and air-space defense defense division. Proposals for a return to the divisional structure of the Air Force, the regiment were developed based on the results of the analysis of the functioning of the Air Force under the current organizational structure. Identified a number of problematic issues related to the organization of management, problem solving flight training. As a result, the decision to return to the previous structure, "Air Division - Aviation Regiment."
Prospective basing generally do not undergo changes. The main criterion in determining it would be basing on the same airfield one regiment. Conducted unannounced inspections of the Southern, Eastern, Western military districts, as well as the Air Force and the army aerospace defense only confirmed the correctness of the decision.
In addition, work on rebuilding educational and scientific complex of the Armed Forces. In the Air Force returned to military training and research center of the Air Force, "Air Force Academy named after Professor NE Zhukovsky and Gagarin", as well as a number of research centers, which are formed on the basis of the Central Research Institute of the Air forces.
"MIC": The sides touched upon whether proposed changes to a scheme of the military airfields, especially in remote areas of Russia (in particular in the Arctic), where there are no civilian airports, and many airstrips belonging to the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation, are in poor condition?
- Diagram of the operation of military airfields virtually unchanged, while significantly increase the intensity of their use, including those that are in remote areas of Russia, including the Far North. The Air Force is now to maintain the operational life of these airfields, the desired amount of financial and material resources. At the same time to repair the runways we organize execution of works on modernization of airfield infrastructure, and residential townships.
"MIC": When it can be signed a contract to supply refueling aircraft IL-78 for the Air Force?
- Promising tanker is created within development work, which is a customer of the Russian Defense Ministry. Completion date - 2015. After creating the design documentation and carry out tests in perspective tanker aircraft will be adopted, and it will be purchased in the amounts provided by the state program of armaments 2020.
As for the existing fleet of refueling aircraft like IL-78, it will be upgraded. The operation of these aircraft is provided to 2030 inclusive.
"MIC": There is any clarity in the signing of the contract between the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation and the Russian Aircraft Corporation "MiG" for the supply of MiG-35s?
- MiG-35s created JSC "RAC" MiG "in the action development work on the tactical and technical requirements issued by the Russian Ministry of Defense. But, as you know, before the end of the development and testing of the plane, its purchase is not possible. I can only say that approximately purchases will be possible from 2016.
"MIC": When it comes to the testing of aircraft of the fifth generation in the State Flight Test Center Chkalov (city Axhtubinsk Astrakhan region), what are the preliminary results?
- At present, the multi-role fighter of the fifth generation PAK FA is factory test phase. Everything is going according to plan until the end of 2013 it will be passed on state tests in the 929 th GLITs the Ministry of Defense.
"MIC": And yet when we can expect roughly it enters into production?
- Remember that promising aviation complex tactical aviation is created within the framework of development work under GPV-2020. Before we go into the series, prototypes of the aircraft must pass state tests, which will last at least three years. After checking the aircraft to meet the requirements of tactical and technical specifications it goes into service.
"MIC": Little is known about the promising aviation complex long-range aircraft (PAK DA). How will it differ from the Tu-160 and Tu-95MS?
- Considered the Russian Defense Ministry as a promising aviation complex long-range aircraft, that aircraft will include all the best features of modern long-range aircraft (Tu-160, Tu-95MS and Tu-22M3). PAK DA will equip all promising types of precision weapons.
"MIC": When can we expect it to mass production?
- I think in the beginning of the next decade.
"MIC": You said that you replace the MiG-31 will come a new interceptor aircraft that the Air Force expect to receive in 2020. It will be created on the basis of prospective aviation complex tactical aircraft (PAK FA) or is it a fundamentally different project? What scientific organizations are developing it?
- With the 2013th in aircraft parts will be supplied multi-purpose fighter Su-35s. The complex aircraft weapons and tactical and technical information about aircraft allow it to meet the challenges of intercepting long-range air targets. Modern long-range missiles "air-air" Su-35s will be equipped by 2015.
Subject to the removal from service aircraft such as the MiG-31 in the next decade due to the expiration of the service life of a promising new aviation systems of Su-35S and PAK FA in the required amount will be purchased and will provide the solution of problems of the Air Force air defense.
Along with the enterprises of JSC "United Aircraft Corporation" in the creation of new aviation systems of air interception include enterprises of JSC "Corporation" Tactical Missiles ".
"MIC": What other modern aircraft systems already in service with the Air Force, today we can say that?
- This is a combat aircraft Su-30cm, Su-35s and Ka-52, Mi-28N. Upgradeable to present strategic Tu-160, Tu-95MS, AEW A-50U, modern transport and assault helicopters of all types, including training helicopter "ANSAT-U" combat training aircraft Yak-130.
By the way, presented at the MAKS-2013 exhibition of military aviation and defense complexes characterized the scientific and industrial strength of the Russian defense industry, showed the world the main directions of its development, attracting foreign orders for samples of domestic military aircraft and air defense systems.
"MIC": What are the armaments and military equipment designed for air defense?
- To solve the problems of air defense in the Air Force has already received the latest anti-aircraft missile system S-400, "Armour-S", and radar systems, "Heaven-M". Currently in Phase I trials are SAM "Knight-defense" and the-horizon radar "Container".
"MIC": When our armed forces will receive the first set of the latest generation of air defense missile systems S-500? How many army divisions of these systems can get to 2020?
- The long-term anti-aircraft missile system S-500 is under development, its adoption into service is planned until 2020.
The timing and amount of deliveries of S-500 to the troops planned in accordance with the decision of the President of the Russian Federation to ensure the completeness of species and genera of the Armed Forces with modern weapons, military and special equipment. They will maintain the necessary level of combat effectiveness and objectives for air defense, concentrating its efforts on critical strategic sites.
"MIC": About this system is known not so much. What are the performance characteristics it will have?
- Anti-aircraft missile system S-500 will be able to solve the problem of the destruction of short-range missiles, medium-range missiles, as well as targets in near space.
As a guide tell you that in the S-500 is supposed to apply the principle of separation tasks destroy ballistic and aerodynamic purposes. The main task - fighting combat equipment of medium-range ballistic missiles and, if necessary, and intercontinental ballistic missiles in the terminal phase. Anti-aircraft missile system will affect both hypersonic aircraft and cruise missiles at low altitudes.
C-500 will provide cover for some large cities, industrial facilities and priority strategic objectives. In its combat capabilities AAMS will be significantly greater standing now armed with S-400 "Triumph" and its foreign counterpart - the American THAAD.
By promising the S-500 system to meet a series of requirements. This extended range of speeds and facial features of the targeted objectives, improving immunity, expansion affected areas, unification, integration with other types of firepower and air defense missile systems. Also, it must have the maximum possible mobility, the ability to operate in all weather conditions and operate effectively in the use of funds to overcome air defense, missile defense.
"MIC": Is there a shortage of personnel in the Army Air Forces of Russia, in what areas he felt most strongly?
- Minor deficiency is present. In order to fill this gap focuses on the work of the officers. After a three year break, we resumed enrollment in institutions of higher education the Air Force. To promote the profession of aviation support the work of existing military schools, boarding schools, with initial flight training, we provide an active corporate assistance in attracting young people to universities Air Force.
At present, on behalf of the Secretary of Defense are preparing proposals to the President on the establishment of the Moscow Presidential Cadet Academy on the funds transferred to the city of Voronezh military training and research center of the Air Force, "Air Force Academy named after Professor NE Zhukovsky and Gagarin" (urban settlement Monino, Moscow region).
I believe that the measures taken by the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation and the chief command of the Air Force measures the problem in the short term will be removed.
"MIC": What are the results of the plan of flight training and units types of aircraft of the Air Force? He grew up a raid last year on a pilot?
- Qualitative training flight crews to perform combat missions as intended promotes implementation of the plan of flight training, which remains one of the main tasks in the aviation of the Air Force. Compared to last year incursion in the Air Force increased by 2,360 hours, and now stands at 99 percent of the annual plan.
One of the most important indicators of the level of flight training is the average flight time to the crew commander of the air force and units. Over the past year the average flight hours per pilot was more than one hundred hours. Particular attention is paid to the training of the young crews - recent college graduates. General Command of the Air Force is interested in the expeditious implementation of the young pilots, which generally increase the combat readiness of aircraft parts. Thus, the attack on the young pilot during the past year amounted to more than 111 hours.
"MIC": In June 2013 the first time there was a competition for the best flight crew "Aviadarts." What are the positive aspects and, in contrast, was able to identify shortcomings in the course of the competition?
- The competition was conducted in accordance with the decision by Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu. He was in the Air Force for the first time and showed a high level of training and skill of the pilots. It involved the participation of 32 of the flight crew of the Air Force attack aircraft in the Su-25, Su-25SM and army aviation helicopter Ka-52, Mi-28 and Mi-24. Crews strike aircraft and attack helicopters were competing, demonstrating their knowledge, physical fitness, as well as skills in the air. At the end of the competition the first place among the crews of attack aircraft took crews Mizhareva Major and Captain Khizhnyakova in the Su-25SM air base "Budennovsk." Among the crew of Army Aviation - the crews of Captain and Lieutenant Skidanchuka Shekhurdin on Mi-24 air base "Korenovsk." They passed all exams with dignity and sniper hit the target at the range, showed a high level of tactical and flight training, readiness to perform combat missions, have vast experience in decision-making in a complex tactical environment.
The experience gained from the organization "Aviadartsa" will allow for a similar event in 2014 at a higher level and will provide an opportunity to plan in regular crew strike aircraft of other states.
"MIC": When the Air Force will have a new aerobatic team on the Yak-130? Will it be established on the basis of one of the existing groups or formed from scratch?
- Currently, the Yak-130 is available in the Air Force and developed a training aircraft parts. Create aerobatic team on the basis of the Yak-130 is provided in the plans of the Air Force. It will be composed of the pilots of aircraft parts that operate the aircraft.
"MIC": From the budget of the Russian Federation for the re Air Force will be allocated five trillion rubles, as Russian President Vladimir Putin at a meeting on the state and prospects of development of military aviation. That's roughly 25 percent of the total funding SDO. Are you able to carry out tasks on time? How many modern aircraft and helicopters in the SDO has entered service with the Armed Forces?
- It is planned to purchase two thousand aircraft and thus by 2020 to increase the share of modern aircraft in the Army to 70 percent. At present, the Air Force delivered more than a hundred new aircraft and three hundred helicopters. In addition, the continuing modernization of MiG-31, Su-25, Tu-95MS and Tu-160 and Tu-22M3.
"MIC": In order to achieve this goal enterprises in the industry have to go through a complete re-equipment, to strengthen its operational and human resource capacity. But to increase output and simultaneously restructure production - not an easy task. In your opinion, to cope with her country's aviation business?
- As far as is known, is now the issue of training of production personnel is under the strict control of the President and the Government of the Russian Federation. On this task managers of industrial enterprises and holding companies accountable to the Military-Industrial Commission under the Government of the Russian Federation. State Armament Program 2020 in sync with the federal target program for the development of the defense-industrial complex, the state customer-coordinated by the Ministry of Industry Russia. As part of this federal program to re-equip production company and prepare it for the production of new models. This allows the airline industry for some nomenclatures perform government contract with the increase in the supply and repair of up to 200 percent per year.
"MIC": What companies do you think are the leaders and what outsiders in this regard? How strong backlog of some of them in the modernization and how it affects the performance of defense contracts in general? Which may affect the timing of defense contracts in the field of military aviation and air defense?
- Traditionally, the faster ramping up production and expand the range of products supplied by the firms operating after the collapse of the Soviet Union exported. These include those that supply products for operational and tactical and army aviation. At the same time taken by the leadership of the Defense Ministry of Russia for the last three years, measures for priority placement of the state defense order for enterprises with low production potential, but have a direct impact on the country's defense, ensured the stability of production, the ability to develop and produce new products.
"MIC": The most successful projects in the Russian aircraft industry exports are fighters of the Su-30 and MiG-29. Meanwhile, they are increasingly set foreign-made avionics. Could this have a negative impact on the performance of combat missions in a real fight?
- I can report that none of the foreign-made equipment is not installed on military aircraft without checks in specialized Russian laboratories. Installing the device is held by domestic foreign engineering companies to fulfill the high requirements set in the tactical and technical assignments. Knowing the results of inspections, I can say that the cause of disruption of combat missions imported Avionics and can not be. At least until now, these facts were revealed.
"MIC": If the rearmament of fleet of combat aircraft and helicopters, more or less clear, the supply situation of military transport aircraft, alas, does not inspire optimism. Tell me more about the delivery schedule of the transport aircraft An-140-100 Samara plant "Aviacor" Il-76MD-90A, An-124-100 "Ruslan".
- An-140-100 is a short-haul civilian passenger plane, purchase it is necessary to replace older aircraft An-26, up to the present time are in the ranks. An-140-100 purchased by long-term contract in 2014 as part of the Air Force will have 11 such aircraft. In this case, the Russian Defense Ministry to 2020 are planned all the necessary measures to modernize and increase the existing fleet of military transport aircraft types IL-76, AN-124, the creation and purchase of light and medium military transport aircraft. Currently, a long-term government contract to supply more than 30 Il-76MD-90A, with the rate of two aircraft per year modernized An-124 in the version of An-124-100.
"MIC": How would you rate the level of professional training of flight crews to work on a new technique? As far as he went down after a reduction of the Armed Forces in 2009-2012? What measures does the supreme command of the Air Force to improve the situation?
- Professional level of training of flight personnel of the Air Force for the development of sufficient new incoming aircraft. Conduct in the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, organizational and personnel actions did not affect the quality of the training of flight personnel and the development of new aircraft. General Command of the Air Force continues to work on the planned development of new aircraft coming and based on the tasks performed certain activities. In particular, the adjusted curriculum, teaching materials, qualification requirements for aviation professionals, applies modern technical training (simulators, training and computer classes, interactive learning system for new types of aircraft and helicopters), as well as changes are made to a system of training aviation personnel, course training.
"MIC": combat potential of the Air Force is largely determined by the network of airfields. Most of them are built in the middle of the last century and in need of repair. What are the plans of the High Command of the Air Force for the construction of new and reconstruction of the old airfield?
- In 2013, the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation approved the composition of the airfield network perspective of the Air Force. Given the deterioration airfield pavements to 2020 planned activities for repair and renovation of existing airports. At the same time work to bring them up to the standards of airworthiness actively carried out since 2010, both by specialized units of the Air Force, as well as third parties. Each year, work on restoration and coatings GDP is conducted simultaneously by more than 15 airports.
"MIC": And the last question. What are the trends in the field of military aviation as priorities, will they change to 2020?
- The development of military aviation in general is a priority in the development of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation. However, the state armament program until 2020, provided nomenclatural position of aircraft and aircraft weapons that directly affect the combat effectiveness of all types of aircraft. Their supplies are controlled by the President, the Government and the Ministry of Defence.
Victor N. Cooper. He was born on December 7, 1959 in the village of Novo-Bogoroditskoe Petropavlovsk Voronezh region. He graduated from Borisoglebskoe Higher Military Aviation School of Pilots (1981), the Air Force Academy named after Yuri Gagarin (1992), the Military Academy of the General Staff of the Armed Forces (2004).
He served as a pilot instructor, senior instructor pilot, flight commander, deputy commander and commander of the squadron training regiment Barnaul Higher Military Aviation School, a senior navigator regiment commander of the squadron instructor Attack Aviation Regiment aviation training center (training of flight crews), commander of the squadron separate Attack Aviation Regiment Air Force commander, deputy commander, commander of the Army Air Assault Regiment, deputy commander and commander of the mixed air division (Voronezh region), deputy commander and commander of the Army Air Force and Air Defense (Novosibirsk), the Deputy Chief of the Air Force Chief of Staff - First Deputy Commander the Air Force.
In 2012 he was appointed commander of the Air Force.
He was awarded the Gold Star of the Hero of Russia (2000), the Order "For Service to the Motherland in the USSR Armed Forces» III degree (1984), Courage (1995), and other state awards.
He is married. They have two sons.
Interviewed by Oleg Falichev