Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+64
auslander
Isos
kvs
BKP
OminousSpudd
PapaDragon
LMFS
archangelski
JohninMK
par far
T-47
Hannibal Barca
SeigSoloyvov
Godric
eehnie
olibeira
starman
Big_Gazza
miketheterrible
Walther von Oldenburg
AbdulhamidtheSecond
crod
Comradespud
flamming_python
magnumcromagnon
tomazy
RTN
Sprut-B
Austin
Vann7
GunshipDemocracy
d_taddei2
Cyberspec
HUNTER VZLA
Skandalwitwe
calm
Cheetah
lulldapull
sheytanelkebir
Mindstorm
GarryB
SturmGuard
dino00
Project Canada
KoTeMoRe
Mindless_drone
yavar
George1
Kimppis
AlfaT8
adder
lycantrop
Airbornewolf
Airman
nemrod
TheArmenian
medo
Redboy
topor
franco
ATLASCUB
Arctic_Fox
YG_AJ
Aristide
68 posters

    Syrian War: News #17

    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 38522
    Points : 39022
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  GarryB Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:23 am

    if one wishes to convince people, then one needs to present a certain level of evidence,

    Why should the west now demand evidence.... when did that start being important?

    the U.S has presented their footage, while Russia only has claims, what is going to convince people more?

    So now evidence is important?

    Might come as a shock, but the people of the west don't give a shit about the truth, and they don't care about cruise missiles hitting Syria, or anywhere else.

    They are helpless sheep watching their kids get short changed on their education, and waiting lists for healthcare get longer and longer, and the roads and bridges in their area get worse and worse while millions of dollars of cruise missiles are launched at Syria.

    It doesn't matter if they all hit or none of them hit... they never got the choice to either launch or don't launch... that is what democracy is... you get a vote every half decade and whoever you vote for does what they want until a few months before re-election time... when they will promise anything... once they are in they will again do what they like.

    On top of that we have the 2017 bombing, according to the footage, it shows more destruction then Russian claims, further discrediting the Russian side.
    People don't know much about explosive charges, they simply see what remains.

    Meanwhile the Syrian military, with Russian and Iranian support are crushing the opposition... who cares what missiles made it and what missiles didn't and why.


    This is why """PR""" wise, this is a U.S victory.

    The US has always been a PR victory... but in terms of everything else a huge fail.

    Why else would it need to sanction and bully and punish other countries?

    No, the Jury is the public, the prosecutor is the States, and the Defense is the Russians/Syrians, the judge is no one really.

    So in this case the prosecutor looked at some dubious evidence from one source and decided the defence was guilty and launched a minor attack... ie jury, judge, and sentiencer... the public had no say.

    It is amusing that the jury is debating whether the sentence was carried out effectively or not, when the evidence that led to the sentence is so weak... basically what they are really deciding is whether this was a war crime or not.

    It's about what's gonna convince the Jury, and they normally go with the seemingly hard evidence.

    Fuck the Jury... they are irrelevant sheeple.

    No matter what they decide justice is no longer possible.

    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8


    Posts : 2439
    Points : 2430
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  AlfaT8 Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:33 am



    Yap around 20 burn marks.
    Wish they'd showed a better full picture.

    But this is the better known image.
    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.dailymail.co.uk%2Fi%2Fpix%2F2017%2F04%2F08%2F11%2F3F10C81B00000578-0-image-a-30_1491645916422

    Although with this one we can confirm that 10 of them are BS.
    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic01.nyt.com%2Fnewsgraphics%2F2017%2F04%2F06%2Fsyria-strike%2Fc51b041779df0120271bc6ca7b8ebb47c94c51a7%2Fsatellite-Artboard_1_copy_2
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8


    Posts : 2439
    Points : 2430
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  AlfaT8 Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:42 am

    GarryB wrote:Fuck the Jury... they are irrelevant sheeple.

    No matter what they decide justice is no longer possible.

    Got it.

    Stop trying to convince people, and let them believe the Sate departments BS.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe


    Posts : 4212
    Points : 4227
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:53 pm

    kvs wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:
    kvs wrote:You are not some arbiter of the truth.   Nobody owes you proof.   The Pentagon knows that 70% of the NATO missiles failed to reach their targets
    and that is all that Russia cares about.    Any effort by Russia and Syria to play your stupid proof game will be instantly shot down by NATO propagandists
    as "fake" and "staged".   You have no process to suggest even what would impartially validate "evidence".   Some video of pieces of metal or
    "radar" data means nothing.  

    Anyone on this board who is claiming the Pentagon BS is credible, is certifiable.   None of their cruise missiles are maneuverable or fast.   Once they
    are tagged they are done.   To claim that the ludicrous 73 missiles on three buildings requires proof to counteract the Pentagon claim is insane.  
    BTW, you have no idea what circumstantial evidence is.   There is zero ambiguity in the fact that 73 x 1000 = 73000 pounds of high explosive
    detonated in the confined area of these three buildings would not leave anything standing.   If you think that it is plausible that any concrete of
    the thickness shown in the photos can survive this much explosive force you need to go back to school.

    Also, all you "proof" seekers, why don't you prove first that the USA has ever launched 73 missiles at non-hardened targets before.

    PS.  The Pentagon has shown zero evidence proving their claims of only 3 targets with 73 missiles on one of them.
    Stop spreading BS straw men and demanding others prove what amounts to obvious facts.

    "arbiter of the truth"???..... dude your taking this way to personal.

    This isn't even really about what actually happened, this about the people trying to figure out what going on, and on one side we have footage of impact and on the other side you nothing but claims, if one wishes to convince people, then one needs to present a certain level of  evidence, the U.S has presented their footage, while Russia only has claims, what is going to convince people more?

    On top of that we have the 2017 bombing, according to the footage, it shows more destruction then Russian claims, further discrediting the Russian side.
    People don't know much about explosive charges, they simply see what remains.

    This is why """PR""" wise, this is a U.S victory.

    2017 bombing? Of Shayrat? Shayrat by the words of the US itself was largely a symbolic act, the Airbase was reusable the very same afternoon. They double/tripple tapped much of the hangars taking out 9 planes, 6 of which were derelict. They hit 12 radar positions, missed 6 but took out the UXO area that is true.

    In all 44 of 59 TLAM's were effective, 8 were off mark, 7 were redundant.

    Now one thing, has anyone asked anything about those TLAM's? Seriously. No, albeit there was a gross miscue between what was claimed and what was achieved.

    Back on April 2018, I already gave a beginning of answer, there it is very possible there was an attempt to hit more targets, simply based on what we can see, and what we can assess. As I said, we know that the Shishar target was probably triple covered because the results of the Shayrat strike. They were planning to fire 30 missiles for targets that needed 10. And they fired 29. About 10 were off mark, duds or redundant. Probably 3 were intercepted, because of the typical spread pattern. That leaves 17 shots for roughly 4 targets in Shinshar.

    As easy as that.

    PR wise, everyone has stopped talking about this, because none of the sides wants a proper BDA. Since both are BSing.

    BSing is what you are doing.   The worst failure rate of the Tomahawk was 15% and that was from the 1999 Kosovo operation in
    a terrain with a lot more relief than Syria.   You claim it is 34.5% in 2018 without a shred of anything to back it up.   I am quite sure
    that in the real world the US improved the failure rate to under 10%, especially in Syria where it is probably under 5%.   The rest of
    your guessing is neither here nor there.   Sending 73 cruise missiles at a cluster of three civilian university buildings is record breaking
    overkill, or more plausibly pure BS from the self-anointed guiding lights of humanity.  

    The notion that Russia has not evolved the capacity to neutralize the Tomahawk is patent absurdity.   To repeat, since it is clearly
    not penetrating the skulls of intellectual giants here, these cruise missiles are subsonic and non-maneuverable.   Russia can track
    these dinosaurs from orbit.   Yet people here are still going on about how Syrian 1950s radars would never detect them.   Give
    it a rest.    

    What? Has it got into you that maybe Russia had no plans to actually stop the hits on those targets? I said it before, the US talked this out and they chose targets that have no link to the CW program. If i didn't knew better, I'd even say that Russia hoped for something to go amiss for free propaganda points. Shinshar's maybe the most interesting example on how the Western Coalition humiliated itself. But then we have intellectuals like you that want war porn instead of analyzing the claims and results.

    They did the same with Yemen back when the Yemenis fired "ghost" AShM's to the US in the Red sea. To which the US replied by hitting already destroyed posts.
    avatar
    Mindstorm


    Posts : 1133
    Points : 1298
    Join date : 2011-07-20

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  Mindstorm Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:06 am

    AlfaT8 wrote:

    Yap around 20 burn marks.
    Wish they'd showed a better full picture.

    But this is the better known image.
    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.dailymail.co.uk%2Fi%2Fpix%2F2017%2F04%2F08%2F11%2F3F10C81B00000578-0-image-a-30_1491645916422

    Although with this one we can confirm that 10 of them are BS.
    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic01.nyt.com%2Fnewsgraphics%2F2017%2F04%2F06%2Fsyria-strike%2Fc51b041779df0120271bc6ca7b8ebb47c94c51a7%2Fsatellite-Artboard_1_copy_2


    Yes, this "better known" image is the perfect example of the immense amount of b........t  that western PR machine is capable to sell to theirs public opinion ,in spite of the fact that any factual and rational element would point to the exact opposite.
    Practically for western operatives is sufficient to trace some yellow circles around elements of old satellite images ,taken even before the attack even happened, and magically a "proof" has been created for thin air ! All of that against the self-evident primary detonations of only 23 missiles (22 on military installations) visible in the live video shown by Federation's MoD and for not different reason that, in spite of the total absurdity of those PR works, the typical western viewer would not even pass the thing under the minimum scrap of critical thinking lens !
     
    By now naturally anyone execpt the most ignorant people is perfectly aware that the problem is not only of the 10 weapon depots that has been never hit in the US attack to Al Shayrat AB

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 05895314_ul

    but also that ,only to provide some examples, that number of hits at the support complex was 4 (as easily visible in the video of Federation's MoD) not 5  

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Us_airstrike_large-63b1dff814b9604271b3a7cb08b0e5cf

    that those two burn trace are obviously NOT the result of two TLAM hits but ZERO

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 SHELTER

    or that for several of the two-bay hardened aircraft shelters, counted as two TLAM hits, in reality only one was hit while the other remained relatively undamaged



    Naturally all of that will change nothing for mindless plants that ,for the last event, come to the point to even believe to the absurdity that the pics shown under theirs eyes of three medium size ,not hardened civil builings, "strangely" just those without any SAM battery purposely placed at theirs defence (to the contrary of the military installations targeted) is the result of 76 TLAM hit !!!   Laughing Laughing Laughing

    Enough said.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 14338
    Points : 14473
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  JohninMK Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:26 am

    Current 'who has what' in eastern Syria from a SDF perspective.

    le_carabinier
    ‏ @LCarabinier
    12h12 hours ago

    #Infographic. MFS, HSNB and Sutoro, area of operations #Gozarto #Syria #SDF. Full resolution: https://imagopyrenaei.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/mfs-sutoro-hsnb.png …


    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 DbiiexgW4AUjm6o
    avatar
    Vann7


    Posts : 5385
    Points : 5485
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  Vann7 Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:58 am

    Many of this military bases photos.. were damages done by ISIS artillery... specially Homs..
    When ISIS captured Palmyra ,there were shelling the homs military base and night.. and any Idiot
    can then take a satellite photo (or a photoshop) and claim "proof" of Israel ,NATO ,Dinosaurs or ALiens hit of the military base.. with cruise missiles or anti matter bombs.. and use the burned zones as "Evidence"/
    Common idiots , stop the bullshit already. There is no rocket science to intercept a freaking Subsonic low speed
    missile that fly most of the time in a fucking straight line.


    i mean common people stop the bullshit. is not the 60s ,there are air defenses that intercept fast missiles.
    Why can't Russia intercept an old cruise missile that fly in a straight line at slow speed?
    here the flight of an "invincible" tomahack missile .. Laughing


    France and britain missiles did not ad any additional difficulty.. they all flight at similar speeds
    of Tomahawks..

    The real challenge is not subsonic missiles.. but Hypersonic missiles instead.. that fly 5x ,10x or 20x times!!!
    faster that anything NATO have on its inventory in cruise missiles .. there is not enough time to intercept them..
    and close air defenses dont work well with such technology.. you need lasers or electronic warfare to crash the missile.


    even a world war 2 plane ,armed with a manpad with infra red seekers can beat the hell out of any NATO cruise missiles if there is knowledge of where the warships are located launching the missiles and low altitude radars,Combat planes and AWACS monitoring Syria airspace completely..  

    This is the whole Point of Pantsirs and TOR defenses.. they were designed to defend S-400s and S-300s from cruise missiles attacks or ballistic ones..If Pantsirs can't intercept Cruise missiles then for what reason Russia bothers deploying short range defenses at all ? for show?  lol1  

    As i told many times Russian air defenses can target anything 5 meters above ground ,so "flying low" will not help..
    and radars can pickup any cruise missile flying low missiles at any distance ,when you have flying radars on the air..or dense layers of low altitude radars that reach all the way to Syrian borders and beyond it.. no problem.. any infra red missile intercepting short range missile or even a manpad can shutdown any missile in inventory of NATO as long they are told the missile trajectory and the time it will fly over your positions. Is like intercepting a train.. all you need to know is when the train will pass over any area... then you deploy a road side bomb..and wait the train and when is about to pass.. the bomb will explode.and stop the train.. Intercepting a train is very easy.. when you know where the train will pass. In case of tomawaks.. is all about positioning in the correct place and the correct time ,
    pantsirs will defeat any NATO missile withit 20km 30km range of their positions.. reason why is important that Syria have enough Pantsir air defenses to cover its entire territory. Any fragmentation missile that explode near it..will send the tomahawk directly to the ground. Electronic warfare can also send the missile to the ground..Is not coincidence why NATO needs to use 100 missiles to target 3 buildings..is not by coincidence. they need mass scale attacks to try to overwhelm Syrian air defenses..   If it was Russian air defenses in place... the interception rate will have been 100%.

    This however will not stop NATO from releasing old photos from Syria, from previous attacks by terrorist. and use it as "evidence " that their attacks was a "success".


    Last edited by Vann7 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:44 am; edited 3 times in total
    George1
    George1


    Posts : 18228
    Points : 18729
    Join date : 2011-12-23
    Location : Greece

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  George1 Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:10 am

    Vann7 wrote:

    Many of this military bases photos.. were damages done by ISIS artillery... specially Homs..
    When ISIS captured Palmyra ,there were shelling the homs military base and night.. and any Idiot
    can then take a satellite photo (or a photoshop) and claim "proof" of Israel ,NATO ,Dinosaurs or ALiens hit of the military base.. with cruise missiles or anti matter bombs.. and use the burned zones as "Evidence"/
    Common idiots , stop the bullshit already. There is no rocket science to intercept a freaking Subsonic missile
    that fly most of the time in a fucking straight line and that even a terrorist in a pickup truck and direct fire
    can blow up if the terrorist in the correct place and warned before hand the missile is going on its direction..

    As i told many times Russian air defenses can target anything 5 meters above ground and radars can pickup any cruise missile flying low missiles at any distance ,when you have flying radars on the air.. no problem.. any infra red missile intercepting short range missile or even a manpad can shutdown any missile in inventory of NATO as long they are told the missile trajectory and the time it will fly over your positions. Is like intercepting a train.. all you need to know is when the train will pass over any area... then you deploy a road side bomb..and wait the train and when is about to pass.. the bomb will explode.  In case of tomawaks.. is all about positioning in the correct place and the correct time ,
    pantsirs will defeat any NATO missile withit 20km 30km range of their positions.. reason why is important that Syria have enough Pantsir air defenses to cover its entire territory. Any fragmentation missile that explode near it..will send the tomahawk directly to the ground. Electronic warfare can also send the missile to the ground..Is not coincidence why NATO needs to use 100 missiles to target 3 buildings..is not by coincidence. they need mass scale attacks to try to overwhelm Syrian air defenses..   If it was Russian air defenses in place... the interception rate will have been 100%.

    This however will not stop NATO from releasing old photos from Syria, from previous attacks by terrorist. and use it as Proof that their attacks was a "success".

    Putin will strike back
    HUNTER VZLA
    HUNTER VZLA


    Posts : 414
    Points : 434
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Age : 35
    Location : Caracas,Venezuela

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  HUNTER VZLA Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:09 am

    Damascus today

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 DbknPSMW0AAinWT

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 DbknQnSWsAEmGQL
    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 38522
    Points : 39022
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  GarryB Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:24 am

    Yap around 20 burn marks.
    Wish they'd showed a better full picture.

    Which video did you look at... that video shows intact aircraft shelters and intact aircraft sitting in berms by a runway...

    From about 26 seconds on there is nothing shown that has any damage and the footage from before that you get no detailed view of the hotspots that could be impact points to determine what has happened.

    Stop trying to convince people, and let them believe the Sate departments BS.

    Most westerners don't give a shit, and think their wonderful lifestyle comes from doing what they are told by their politicians... no amount of evidence is going to change their minds.

    the ones that do care about the truth will look at other sources and when they find alternative views they will use reason and common sense to work it out for them...

    but in any case it does not matter what they think unless they actually do something about it and guess what even then it means nothing.

    Trump promised better relations with Russia and to pull American troops out of wars that are not worth american lives fighting... and guess what... even the all powerful vote in the US made no difference at all because the opposition to Trump has pushed him into an anti Russian stance... and he is too much of a coward to stand up for what he stood for in the election... perhaps he thinks he can negotiate with them... like Yeltsin did with the west, like Medvedev did with the west... and like Putin started to but has now pretty much realised it is a waste of time.

    avatar
    Austin


    Posts : 7617
    Points : 8014
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  Austin Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:21 pm

    Syria: western nations seek to bypass Russian veto at UN

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/24/syria-western-nations-may-seek-to-bypass-russian-veto-at-un
    avatar
    Vann7


    Posts : 5385
    Points : 5485
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  Vann7 Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:00 pm

    Austin wrote:Syria: western nations seek to bypass Russian veto at UN

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/24/syria-western-nations-may-seek-to-bypass-russian-veto-at-un

    Is quite interesting that the last time.. US ,France and Britain bypass Russia and China and try to justify a war against
    another country using the general assembly vote..instead of security council ,and justify the invasion of North Korea
    by NATO in the korean war.. this was the very same conflict that NATO got his ass kicked , in that conflict ..the korean war.. and after receiving the Support of UN for the :unification of both koreas ,through force. They had to retreat
    from North Korea after China invaded and with a limited help of Russia airforce and kicked the north Atlantic Powers
    and other allies from there...

    https://www.bevinalexander.com/books/korea-first-war-we-lost.htm

    So this looks like the west does not learn from history is it? They again trying to bypass international laws and
    seeking to repeat a new North korean war.scenario that they ignored the interest of other major powers.. this time
    is Russia.  So by the looks of it.. the Guardian a british propaganda outlet. who receive its content from British Government. it looks they planning another chemical incident this time in IDLIB and blaming Assad again .

    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec


    Posts : 2904
    Points : 3057
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  Cyberspec Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:17 pm

    Austin wrote:Syria: western nations seek to bypass Russian veto at UN

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/24/syria-western-nations-may-seek-to-bypass-russian-veto-at-un

    Sounds like they're running out of ideas..... what exactly would a vote in the general assembly achieve?
    avatar
    Vann7


    Posts : 5385
    Points : 5485
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  Vann7 Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:31 pm

    Cyberspec wrote:
    Austin wrote:Syria: western nations seek to bypass Russian veto at UN

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/24/syria-western-nations-may-seek-to-bypass-russian-veto-at-un

    Sounds like they're running out of ideas..... what exactly would a vote in the general assembly achieve?



    Bully many other countries to support US-UK-France illegal aggression on Syria , and future ones...
    And justify their illegal military presence. They had no way to counter effectively the arguments of Russia
    that their attacks are illegal ,invasion illegal ,and so this only give Syria a better international legal standing
    to fight back and shoot down US or NATO planes or even attack warships ,if NATO start attacking Syria government
    buildings. or Presidential palace. it will be self defense..  Trying to bypass Russia at UN also shows indication that
    they have plans to continue with the "chemical attacks" story of Assad against its own people.. and "justify" their
    future airstrikes. on Syria if continue liberating zones in syria controlled by NATO backed terrorist.

    Legalizing the strikes through UN general vote ,also will help cover Trump government from potential impeachment from enemies at congress specially Democrats who wants him out .Since US have not declared war against Syria ,which is a major requirement by US constitution to attack another country and is in a war against a nation who have done nothing to US.. So is better for their international image ,to have the support of majority of UN than not having it. Russia for example could do the same against a US ally... ie.. strike Saudi Arabia for their real genocide against civilians in Yemen with American ,british and french weapons and even strike Saudi Oil FIelds.. (something that will sink US dollar value) and so US and the fake humanitarian people ,who complains about chemicals weapons in Syria,  will have problems to explain why is legal to strike Assad and not legal to strike Saudi Arabia. and so it will be funny to see US-UK-France defending Saudi Arabia REAL government genocide against Yemenis.. but condemning at the same time the fake genocide of Assad against Syrians. when he is only fighting the Terrorist that US -UK and France support in Syria to split it in parts.

    avatar
    Mindstorm


    Posts : 1133
    Points : 1298
    Join date : 2011-07-20

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  Mindstorm Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:52 pm


    GarryB wrote:Which video did you look at... that video shows intact aircraft shelters and intact aircraft sitting in berms by a runway...

    From about 26 seconds on there is nothing shown that has any damage and the footage from before that you get no detailed view of the hotspots that could be impact points to determine what has happened.



    Garry we are talking of the video of the attack to the Al Shayrat air base of April 2017 Wink

    That UAV video confirm perfectly the exact 23 primary detonations (22 on military targets of the air base and 1 void area between the runway) that Federation's MoD had declared whille completely disprove the declaration of the time of Pentagon Smile

    In substance western spin doctors was forced to come to the point to depict ridiculous yellow circles traced above details of satellite photos taken before the attack !!!!!..... to attempt to distract theirs public opinions from what them could literally observe with theirs very eyes (pointing as usual to the completly blind, self-referencial mindset deeply rooted among western civil people, prone to believe to any version of "therir side" even when laughably incoherent and absurd).

    The other comical western attempt of the time was to show images of some of the 22 hits, perfectly visible and identifiable in the Federation's MoD UAV video, sustaining to show in this way the proof of the "lies uttered by the Cremlin" Razz Razz Razz

    Western public opinion can be surely considered, on average, narrowsighted and ignorant but theirs PR operatives are surely unbelievably shameless .


    Sprut-B
    Sprut-B


    Posts : 400
    Points : 406
    Join date : 2017-07-29
    Age : 30

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  Sprut-B Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:56 pm

    Wreckage of cruise missiles which were shot-down by Syrian air-defence forces.
    https://youtu.be/B5kzrwIntLk
    avatar
    Mindstorm


    Posts : 1133
    Points : 1298
    Join date : 2011-07-20

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  Mindstorm Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:05 am

    On a more important note and as already stressed-out previously, the spectacular failure of the last cruise missile attack by part of US-UK and France (in particular against all the military installations targeted at the defence of which was placed purposely the few batteries of the most advanced SAM systems available to Syrian armed forces) in those days already begin to create the first doctrinal lessons about cruise missile employment and the same feasibility of the concept of the conventional "contactless war" around whioch has been constructed mainly the the Western warfare doctrine.


    An interesting article of Константин Сивков about the subject

    https://vpk.name/news/213422_globalnyii_udar_medlenno_i_pechalno.html
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8


    Posts : 2439
    Points : 2430
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  AlfaT8 Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:01 am

    With all this perhaps now i can make a case, thank you gents, sorry i had to piss  a lot of you off to give me the info.  Wink

    Also, no ones posted this yet, so may as well.

    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2


    Posts : 2881
    Points : 3055
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland Alba

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  d_taddei2 Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:15 am

    Doesn't syria have Tor? If so how many? And why haven't we seen them in action (short range?wrong place wrong time?) It would be nice to see tunguska and Tor see some action.

    Has Iranians deployed any AD assets? If not why not? On paper apparently they have systems that could be useful to protect SAA Iranian troops and hez.
    Isos
    Isos


    Posts : 11236
    Points : 11206
    Join date : 2015-11-07

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  Isos Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:29 am

    d_taddei2 wrote:Doesn't syria have Tor? If so how many? And why haven't we seen them in action  (short range?wrong place wrong time?) It would be nice to see tunguska and Tor see some action.

    Has Iranians deployed any AD assets? If not why not? On paper apparently they have systems that could be useful to protect SAA Iranian troops and hez.

    No Tor for Syria. Pantsir was cheaper to buy for longer rane and same capabilities and it has two guns for the dead zone of missile around the luncher.

    There were reports of iranian tors and their domesrical variant of buk system but no pictures.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe


    Posts : 4212
    Points : 4227
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:59 am

    Isos wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:Doesn't syria have Tor? If so how many? And why haven't we seen them in action  (short range?wrong place wrong time?) It would be nice to see tunguska and Tor see some action.

    Has Iranians deployed any AD assets? If not why not? On paper apparently they have systems that could be useful to protect SAA Iranian troops and hez.

    No Tor for Syria. Pantsir was cheaper to buy for longer rane and same capabilities and it has two guns for the dead zone of missile around the luncher.

    There were reports of iranian tors and their domesrical variant of buk system but no pictures.

    Syria has Tor M1, at least two batches were delivered in summer 2013 and 2016.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec


    Posts : 2904
    Points : 3057
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  Cyberspec Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:37 am

    Iran has TOR-M1....AFAIK, Syria doesn't



    Vann7 wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:
    Austin wrote:Syria: western nations seek to bypass Russian veto at UN

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/24/syria-western-nations-may-seek-to-bypass-russian-veto-at-un

    Sounds like they're running out of ideas..... what exactly would a vote in the general assembly achieve?



    Bully many other countries to support US-UK-France illegal aggression on Syria , and future ones...

    The General Assembly can't authorise an attack or occupation...it would be useful as a PR exercise but they're alreay doing all that without any authorisation so in practical terms it wouldnt make any difference
    Isos
    Isos


    Posts : 11236
    Points : 11206
    Join date : 2015-11-07

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  Isos Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:06 am

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:Doesn't syria have Tor? If so how many? And why haven't we seen them in action  (short range?wrong place wrong time?) It would be nice to see tunguska and Tor see some action.

    Has Iranians deployed any AD assets? If not why not? On paper apparently they have systems that could be useful to protect SAA Iranian troops and hez.

    No Tor for Syria. Pantsir was cheaper to buy for longer rane and same capabilities and it has two guns for the dead zone of missile around the luncher.

    There were reports of iranian tors and their domesrical variant of buk system but no pictures.

    Syria has Tor M1, at least two batches were delivered in summer 2013 and 2016.

    I think you mean Iran because Syria doesn't have them. They are expensive compare to pantsir. Egypt has also got them some years ago with s-300VM.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe


    Posts : 4212
    Points : 4227
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:33 am

    Isos wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:Doesn't syria have Tor? If so how many? And why haven't we seen them in action  (short range?wrong place wrong time?) It would be nice to see tunguska and Tor see some action.

    Has Iranians deployed any AD assets? If not why not? On paper apparently they have systems that could be useful to protect SAA Iranian troops and hez.

    No Tor for Syria. Pantsir was cheaper to buy for longer rane and same capabilities and it has two guns for the dead zone of missile around the luncher.

    There were reports of iranian tors and their domesrical variant of buk system but no pictures.

    Syria has Tor M1, at least two batches were delivered in summer 2013 and 2016.

    I think you mean Iran because Syria doesn't have them. They are expensive compare to pantsir. Egypt has also got them some years ago with s-300VM.

    No I mean Syria.
    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 38522
    Points : 39022
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  GarryB Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:42 am


    Is quite interesting that the last time.. US ,France and Britain bypass Russia and China and try to justify a war against
    another country using the general assembly vote

    Why do they care now... they never bothered with UN rubber stamps to invade Iraq or Afghanistan or to attack Syria recently with cruise missiles over fake news about non existent chem attacks.

    Garry we are talking of the video of the attack to the Al Shayrat air base of April 2017

    What I said still stands... after about 26 seconds there is no visual evidence of any hits at all so most of the airfield seems undamaged... it hardly looks like the results of 50+ cruise missile hits.

    Doesn't syria have Tor? If so how many? And why haven't we seen them in action (short range?wrong place wrong time?) It would be nice to see tunguska and Tor see some action.

    The TOR system is very very expensive, though the missiles themselves are cheap and very effective.

    It was pretty much the first self contained short range SAM system with a 3D search radar... the older models with 8 ready to fire missiles and 12km range were excellent at dealing with mass attacks... each vehicle can take on 4 targets at once... the current model has 16 ready to fire missiles that can hit targets at 16km range.

    The Pantsir has better range and also has guns for back up, but against a cruise missile flying at 30m or lower it is not likely to get detected or engaged at more than 12km or so... meaning the extra range is not so important.


    Sponsored content


    Syrian War: News #17 - Page 19 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:50 am