Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Fate of Russia's old birds.

Isos
    Isos

Fate of Russia's old birds. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fate of Russia's old birds.

Post  Isos on Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:55 am

No I mean tu-16 subsonic old bomber. Just for increasing numbers of kh-22/32 carriers on the short time for the navy's aviation until they start mass use of new airborne hypersonic missiles which should happen in 10-15 years.

Tu-22M is better but do they have any in reserve ? If I'm not wrong many were destroyed in ukraine.

With their operation in Syria, their big country, 4 main fleets to protect another squadron of bomber able to carry kh-32 would be helpfull even more if they base them in Iran. US are increasing their operations in ME and UK got 2 new carrier that should be easy targets for kh-32.

Then they could sell them to Iran with the kh-22 to piss off US.
    ult

Fate of Russia's old birds. - Page 3 Empty Re: Fate of Russia's old birds.

Post  ult on Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:56 am

The idea that Russia has bring back a plane that was produced in 1953-1963 is so laughable and out of touch that I can't even begin to answer it. Who do you think we are? North Korea? Who's gonna fly that? Fucking Kamikaze? If anyone from MoD even suggests that he will be put into a psychiatric ward. Also there are hundreds of Tu-22M3's in storage.

Current date/time is Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:08 am