Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+60
Airman
iraqidabab
zorobabel
Vann7
GunshipDemocracy
d_taddei2
Erlindur
archangelski
Alex555
wilhelm
JohninMK
Project Canada
VladimirSahin
Erk
AlfaT8
higurashihougi
George1
BKP
VARGR198
ultimatewarrior
auslander
KiloGolf
kvs
GarryB
magnumcromagnon
ali.a.r
Cowboy's daughter
OminousSpudd
Admin
famschopman
Karl Haushofer
Boshoed
franco
Zivo
Khepesh
PapaDragon
Neutrality
calm
par far
storm333
airstrike
Werewolf
Odin of Ossetia
medo
starman
Cyberspec
The Ottoman
Big_Gazza
Solncepek
Viktor
Shadåw
TheArmenian
Aristonicus
Regular
Azi
Godric
SeigSoloyvov
sepheronx
Resistance
Walther von Oldenburg
64 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #9

medo
    medo

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

Post  medo Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:51 pm

Don't forget, that in Syria is not only Russia, but also Iran and now even China on the side of Syrian government and Syrian people. Turkey have before this operation contacts on higher levels with Russia and Iran and they have contacts even with Syrian government in Damascus. We do not know, what kind of agreements they reach with Turkey regarding Turkish operation, but considering, tha neither Syria, neither Russia, neither Iran have any complaints, than it is within agreements. Turkey's position after the failed coup is changing and I think Erdogan doesn't trust US anymore, that is why Turkey strike mostly against Kurds, which were the main US fighting force in Syria last months, so there is a collision of interests between Turkey and US.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:56 pm

Resistance wrote:Russia's objective in Syria is not to help SAA. If that were the case, Russia would have supplied Orlan recon planes and counter battery radars to SAA and located and destroyed terrorists artillery bought from Bulgaria and Serbia. Without artillery, terrorists would have last a month in Syria. Russia is a stooge of Israel. Russia is a slave of Israel. Russia's objective in Syria is to prolong the war and kill Syrians. At Israel's request. Today this is Syria. Tomorrow this will be Russia.

Now you know Russia's objective in Syria, you can predict Russia's actions in Syria. If Turkey attacks Aleppo, Russia will for sure stop that. Why? Because Russia needs the war in Syria to continue to bleed Syria dry. If Turkey occupies Aleppo, the war ends and Israel will cry and Russia can't have that.

SAA have Orlan drones as well as drones from Iran. Counter battery radars would not change anything. They already know locations of terrorists artillery, but they are still very limited there as they are mostly inside towns with a lot of civilians as shield around.
    par far

Post  par far Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:57 pm

KERRY: ‘WE ARE FOR A UNITED SYRIA. WE DO NOT SUPPORT AN INDEPENDENT KURD INITIATIVE’

Looks the Kurds dream maybe over, don't know what, this means for Syria.

https://southfront.org/kerry-we-are-for-a-united-syria-we-do-not-support-an-independent-kurd-initiative/

Resistance

Post  Resistance Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:12 pm

medo wrote:Don't forget, that in Syria is not only Russia, but also Iran and now even China on the side of Syrian government and Syrian people. Turkey have before this operation contacts on higher levels with Russia and Iran and they have contacts even with Syrian government in Damascus. We do not know, what kind of agreements they reach with Turkey regarding Turkish operation, but considering, tha neither Syria, neither Russia, neither Iran have any complaints, than it is within agreements. Turkey's position after the failed coup is changing and I think Erdogan doesn't trust US anymore, that is why Turkey strike mostly against Kurds, which were the main US fighting force in Syria last months, so there is a collision of interests between Turkey and US.

Russia operates Orlan and refuses to supply intel to SAA and refuses to do air strikes in Syria. SAA don't care about civilian shield.

Russia does nothing in Syria other than keeping the war going at Israel's request.

Do think we are stupid? We know what you Russians are. You Russians are nothing but Israel's dogs. Go back to your master Israel. You do nothing in Syria anyway. No intel. No airstrikes. Only a stupid reconciliation center that does nothing. All you Russians do is prolonging the war to kill Syrian people. That's the only reason you came to Syria last year, to prevent the war from being over when it was close to being over.

Iran now makes Bavar 373 long range air defense, Shahed 129 attack planes. We don't need you, Israel's dogs. You Russian dogs of Israel better go back to your master. You are not welcome in Syria.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:47 pm

Looks like 2 US volunteers fighting for Kurds got fragged by... wait for it.. Turkish artillery. Syria makes Westeros look like Switzerland.

http://colonelcassad.livejournal.com/2921959.html
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:23 pm

New map

Islamic World News ‏@A7_Mirza 2h2 hours ago

Map Updated
    #FSA gained more teRitory W of #Jarablus #جرابلس
    Clashes continue in Y beik

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 14 Bqv5cdupuuc6pq4zg
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:27 pm

JohninMK wrote:New map

Islamic World News ‏@A7_Mirza 2h2 hours ago

Map Updated
    #FSA gained more teRitory W of #Jarablus #جرابلس
    Clashes continue in Y beik

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 14 Bqv5cdupuuc6pq4zg

The Turks + "FSA" are fighting the SDF, pushing into their newly gained territory.

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 14 Cq3_c610

Royal rumble material with the US supporting both the Turks, and the SDF, seemingly without a final goal in mind.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:29 pm

Any predictions as to how far south and west the Turks will go?
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:52 pm

JohninMK wrote:Any predictions as to how far south and west the Turks will go?

Hopefully far enough to put them in a full blown war and subsequent quagmire.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:59 pm

Video of Turkish auxiliary jihadists with two Kurdish POW's. They look like a real democratic bunch, overflowing with western values.

https://twitter.com/MerdKurd/status/769578368253788161
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:40 pm

JohninMK wrote:Any predictions as to how far south and west the Turks will go?

Optimally, they should go up to Minbij. Realistically, probably not even there. 15 RUR says crates will go missing in Qamishli...
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:45 pm

GarryB wrote:I must admit I only skim read some threads now, but Seph... Turkey attacks Syria and it is Putins fault and he needs to go?

You sound like Resistance... or any other 12 year old who doesn't know or care how the real world works...

No I do not.  You need to understand GarryB that Russia operates in Syria to help protect Syria.  Turkey and US do not.  It would also be under the premise of Russia to protect it politically too by kicking US and Turkey out because their end game is the same - removing Assad.

Because there really isn't any political voice being used by Russia or Iran gives us the indication that Turkey was wanted in Syria by both parties.  But I think the silence has more to do with them not knowing what to do now because of NATO's incursion into Syria. The reality is that Turkey and US is now giving their full support with actual airforce and artillery to the terrorist groups Al-Sham and FSA.

Anyway, my deep hatred of Putin comes in the wakes of Ukraine conflict and his inability to provide aid to Novorussia who deserves it, all because of politics, while hundreds or thousands are dying thanks to such games.  Russia's resolve of Georgia when it was under Medvedev was the right actions.  I was hoping similar from Putin.  Didn't get it though.  I am happy with Crimea, but not so much about Donetsk and Lugansk.

May I suggest next time to instead of skimming through the posts, to actually read them before judging?  Because then it makes you sound like a 12 year old when you assume things.  I already gave my reasons why multiple of times.  Maybe reading comprehension issues?
    par far

Post  par far Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:50 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    GarryB wrote:I must admit I only skim read some threads now, but Seph... Turkey attacks Syria and it is Putins fault and he needs to go?

You sound like Resistance... or any other 12 year old who doesn't know or care how the real world works...

No I do not.  You need to understand GarryB that Russia operates in Syria to help protect Syria.  Turkey and US do not.  It would also be under the premise of Russia to protect it politically too by kicking US and Turkey out because their end game is the same - removing Assad.

Because there really isn't any political voice being used by Russia or Iran gives us the indication that Turkey was wanted in Syria by both parties.  But I think the silence has more to do with them not knowing what to do now because of NATO's incursion into Syria.  The reality is that Turkey and US is now giving their full support with actual airforce and artillery to the terrorist groups Al-Sham and FSA.

Anyway, my deep hatred of Putin comes in the wakes of Ukraine conflict and his inability to provide aid to Novorussia who deserves it, all because of politics, while hundreds or thousands are dying thanks to such games.  Russia's resolve of Georgia when it was under Medvedev was the right actions.  I was hoping similar from Putin.  Didn't get it though.  I am happy with Crimea, but not so much about Donetsk and Lugansk.

May I suggest next time to instead of skimming through the posts, to actually read them before judging?  Because then it makes you sound like a 12 year old when you assume things.  I already gave my reasons why multiple of times.  Maybe reading comprehension issues?

I know what you mean sepheronx, but if Russia went into Ukraine, that would have been huge mistake because there was a trap set in Ukraine for Russia to fall into, Putin did the best he could and he did sent in a lot of aid to the Novorussia (he could have sent more aid but we do not know what was going on behind closed doors), Georgia was different because the Zionists knew, that they had to make a big trap for Russia because Georgia did not work. I hate seeing innocent people killed but these are politics and this is how they work, could I became a politician, that was responsible for war? NO. Because I start crying every time I see, what happens to war children. For most of us here on this forum(especially Resistance), we can talk, all we want, we have never experienced war and hopefully we, never do.
    par far

Post  par far Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:55 pm

"MAP UPDATE: TURKEY-LED FORCES ENGAGE SDF IN NORTHERN SYRIA. 1 TURKISH SOLDIER KILLED, 2 WOUNDED."

Sent more heavy weapons to the Kurds and more Turkish soldiers will die, so just arm them, dam it.

https://southfront.org/map-update-turkish-backed-militants-attacking-sdf-in-northern-syria/

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:56 pm

par far wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:

Because there really isn't any political voice being used by Russia or Iran gives us the indication that Turkey was wanted in Syria by both parties.  But I think the silence has more to do with them not knowing what to do now because of NATO's incursion into Syria.  The reality is that Turkey and US is now giving their full support with actual airforce and artillery to the terrorist groups Al-Sham and FSA.

I know what you mean sepheronx, but if Russia went into Ukraine, that would have been huge mistake because there was a trap set in Ukraine for Russia to fall into, Putin did the best he could and he did sent in a lot of aid to the Novorussia (he could have sent more aid but we do not know what was going on behind closed doors), Georgia was different because the Zionists knew, that they had to make a big trap for Russia because Georgia did not work. I hate seeing innocent people killed but these are politics and this is how they work, could I became a politician, that was responsible for war? NO. Because I start crying every time I see, what happens to war children. For most of us here on this forum(especially Resistance), we can talk, all we want, we have never experienced war and hopefully we, never do.  

I am not asking for all out war.  I was asking for them to recognize Novorussia.

par far wrote:"MAP UPDATE: TURKEY-LED FORCES ENGAGE SDF IN NORTHERN SYRIA. 1 TURKISH SOLDIER KILLED, 2 WOUNDED."

Sent more heavy weapons to the Kurds and more Turkish soldiers will die, so just arm them, dam it.

https://southfront.org/map-update-turkish-backed-militants-attacking-sdf-in-northern-syria/

I have no love for Turks. Whatever causes them distress is good in my books.
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:35 pm

The SDF destroyed one Turkish M60.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:37 pm

BREAKING: Turkish media reporting one Turkish soldier killed after a military tank was hit south of the Syrian city of #Jarablus

https://twitter.com/AylinaKilic/status/769585372288389120

URGENT ! Two #Turkey tanks were destroyed minutes ago by al-Jadir family (from #Jarablus) led local #SDF forces. Also reported by pro-opp.

https://twitter.com/Syria_Rebel_Obs/status/769579649139666944

And looks like something is cooking in Kobane:

https://twitter.com/cdersim3/status/769536207663538177

https://twitter.com/servankobane/status/769612231973666816
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:01 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    BREAKING: Turkish media reporting one Turkish soldier killed after a military tank was hit south of the Syrian city of #Jarablus

https://twitter.com/AylinaKilic/status/769585372288389120

URGENT ! Two #Turkey tanks were destroyed minutes ago by al-Jadir family (from #Jarablus) led local #SDF forces. Also reported by pro-opp.

https://twitter.com/Syria_Rebel_Obs/status/769579649139666944

And looks like something is cooking in Kobane:

https://twitter.com/cdersim3/status/769536207663538177

https://twitter.com/servankobane/status/769612231973666816
    Well, this is going to be interesting to watch.
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:46 pm

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:58 pm

zorobabel wrote:The SDF destroyed one Turkish M60.
    Kornet hit, two tanks down.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:58 am

sepheronx wrote:

If this is your issue it has no ground.

Russia kick the states out? how do you think they will do that. Kick turkey out last I checked the SAA was only so big numbers are a factor here Russia cannot wave its hand and summon fictional bodies. Unless they comment their own forces which would be a huge mistake. Yes have Russia attack a NATO member the United States would love that and I'd be fighting the Russians in the baltics states.

You have any idea the amount of bodies that would pile from such a conflict?.

There is nothing Russia can do in this case, this is way out of their hands. Unless the kurds somehow defeat them which isn't likely really.

Talk is cheap in these games, action is what talks but Russia cannot use force against Turkey is just can't unless it wants risk of a bigger conflict.

Also Ukraine? the worst thing he could have done was march on the rest of Ukraine. Most of the people in those regions vacated ages ago, this situation isn't Georgia they are two different cases so dont treat it like that.

Russia does what it can, it has no magic power like people think it does. Honestly in my eyes Putin handled ukraine correctly, In syria he is doing what he can he isn't a miracle worker.
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:26 am

Zenki and Sultan Murad are nothing but Turks, not even Syrians, coming into Syria along with Turkish army to take over Syria. Not even Russians invaded Donbas with its army. This is blatant invasion. Akin to 19th century European conquest of Africa. This is all Putin's plan. To make Muslims kill each other at Israel's request. A Turk Arab war is coming. A storm is coming.

Last edited by Resistance on Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:28 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:

Russia kick the states out? how do you think they will do that. Kick turkey out last I checked the SAA was only so big numbers are a factor here Russia cannot wave its hand and summon fictional bodies. Unless they comment their own forces which would be a huge mistake. Yes have Russia attack a NATO member the United States would love that and I'd be fighting the Russians in the baltics states.

There is nothing Russia can do in this case, this is way out of their hands. Unless the kurds somehow defeat them which isn't likely really.

Talk is cheap in these games, action is what talks but Russia cannot use force against Turkey is just can't unless it wants risk of a bigger conflict.

Also Ukraine? the worst thing he could have done was march on the rest of Ukraine. Most of the people in those regions vacated ages ago, this situation isn't Georgia they are two different cases so dont treat it like that.

Russia does what it can, it has no magic power like people think it does. Honestly in my eyes Putin handled ukraine correctly, In syria he is doing what he can he isn't a miracle worker.

I see we have another member that has reading comprehension issues.

You do know that Russia can go to the UNSC and demand the US to stop and the Turks?  Before committing anything, they can use threats and those do work quite well.  Simply put, Russia hasn't even attempted to the UN.  I am more aware of Ukraine than you are buddy, and I do know so by family who still live there, so please, spare me your bullshit.  Thank you. As I said, I want them to openly support Novorussia as I know that rest of Ukraine is a lost cause, and I pointed this out multitude of times on the other section of the forums. If they are sending weapons to Novorussia, then I will applaud them, and I hope they are. As it stands, there isn't any tangible evidence of such.

Last edited by sepheronx on Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:30 am

sepheronx wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:

I see we have another member that has reading comprehension issues.

You do know that Russia can go to the UNSC and demand the US to stop and the Turks?  Before committing anything, they can use threats and those do work quite well.  Simply put, Russia hasn't even attempted to the UN.  I am more aware of Ukraine than you are buddy, and I do know so by family who still live there, so please, spare me your bullshit.  Thank you.

Don't talk about the UN. The UN is nobody.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:35 am

Zivo wrote:

Royal rumble material with the US supporting both the Turks, and the SDF, seemingly without a final goal in mind.

entertainment? Laughing

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 14 Royalrumble-1452352779-800

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:34 am