Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+60
Airman
iraqidabab
zorobabel
Vann7
GunshipDemocracy
d_taddei2
Erlindur
archangelski
Alex555
wilhelm
JohninMK
Project Canada
VladimirSahin
Erk
AlfaT8
higurashihougi
George1
BKP
VARGR198
ultimatewarrior
auslander
KiloGolf
kvs
GarryB
magnumcromagnon
ali.a.r
Cowboy's daughter
OminousSpudd
Admin
famschopman
Karl Haushofer
Boshoed
franco
Zivo
Khepesh
PapaDragon
Neutrality
calm
par far
storm333
airstrike
Werewolf
Odin of Ossetia
medo
starman
Cyberspec
The Ottoman
Big_Gazza
Solncepek
Viktor
Shadåw
TheArmenian
Aristonicus
Regular
Azi
Godric
SeigSoloyvov
sepheronx
Resistance
Walther von Oldenburg
64 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #9

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 15 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

Post  zorobabel Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:04 am

SDF/YPG destroying a Turkish tank at 1:20. Completely roasted.

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:08 am

Russia went straight to the UNSC when Georgia invaded South Ossetia... but you think it would be different if they did it over Ukrainian aggression in a part of the Ukraine?

But no... Putin must be perfect and fix everything the west has spent the best part of 3 centuries breaking in a decade or so.

Russia must become the new world policeman and save everyone from everything.

You should write hollywood movies... in fact you should write movies for Disney.

Russia owes Assad nothing.

Russia owes all of the bits of Ukraine that are choosing to stay with the Ukraine nothing.

Having said that without Russian support Syria would be a total shit hole with ISIS in control.

Without Russian support and assistance who knows what it would be like in the Ukraine...

Russia is not saving the day and it is not doing nothing.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:14 am

zorobabel wrote:SDF/YPG destroying a Turkish tank at 1:20. Completely roasted.

You can see Kornet doing its thang. Also M60A3 was full combat loaded.

For the ones of you that were saying no combat between Kurds and Turks...

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 15 Dgbgb

As I said, crates were just dropped from Qamishli...oups.

My reaction:
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:16 am

Actually Garry, you got one thing wrong, Eastern Ukraine, Donetsk and Lugansk wanted to join the Russian federation. They were expecting same to them as Crimea got. But that didn't happen. Nor did Russia's open support for them. Which imo is the problem. As for Syria, Russia was given access to Syrian airforce base on pretext to help Syria, not work against it. Another thing you failed to pick up. So yes, Russia does owe Assad something in return to the base.

You can throw funny phrases out at me like how I should make movies or whatever. But the point is, I am right. And many were expecting the same thing in eastern Ukraine. No, I don't think Putin is perfect or any leader for that matter, and I never stated they should be. If I have, please point that out. But what I do expect is that Putin should stand up firm and not cower back. Even Russia was threatened during Georgian conflict and Russia still went in.

All I can say is, the world should be thankful they have a leader like Putin that isn't confrontational and willing to sacrifice people for the sake of keeping "peace". But I don't imagine the next leader will be anything of the sort. Actually, for that matter, I don't even know what to expect the next leader will be like. It seems that the Russian government either is filled with fifth columnists or incompetent people, then Putin. So there is a good possibility next leader of Russia will be a US boot licker.
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:23 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:You can see Kornet doing its thang. Also M60A3 was full combat loaded.

For the ones of you that were saying no combat between Kurds and Turks...

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 15 Dgbgb
    Yes indeed
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:24 am

According to Leith it may have been a Tow missile that hit the Turkish tank.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:26 am

sepheronx wrote:Actually Garry, you got one thing wrong, Eastern Ukraine, Donetsk and Lugansk wanted to join the Russian federation.  They were expecting same to them as Crimea got.  But that didn't happen.  Nor did Russia's open support for them.  Which imo is the problem.  As for Syria, Russia was given access to Syrian airforce base on pretext to help Syria, not work against it.  Another thing you failed to pick up.  So yes, Russia does owe Assad something in return to the base.

What? Russia has bailed Assad and the Syrian Arab Republic while it was done. And it is doing stuff even the US refuses to do for its puppet states like Afgh or Iraq.

You can throw funny phrases out at me like how I should make movies or whatever.  But the point is, I am right.  And many were expecting the same thing in eastern Ukraine.  No, I don't think Putin is perfect or any leader for that matter, and I never stated they should be.  If I have, please point that out.  But what I do expect is that Putin should stand up firm and not cower back.  Even Russia was threatened during Georgian conflict and Russia still went in.

"Putin" is standing up. We can go on circles about this, but is the Turks want ground op to get Fucked, I'm all for it. Those Kornets need some Sales pitches. Plus it keeps both sides busy, Kurds lose long term, Turkey loses long term. Russia opens arms catalogue to their buddies in the mountains.

All I can say is, the world should be thankful they have a leader like Putin that isn't confrontational and willing to sacrifice people for the sake of keeping "peace".  But I don't imagine the next leader will be anything of the sort.  Actually, for that matter, I don't even know what to expect the next leader will be like.  It seems that the Russian government either is filled with fifth columnists or incompetent people, then Putin.  So there is a good possibility next leader of Russia will be a US boot licker.

The nest Russian leader will be even more conciliating, because unike VVP, he would have stabilized most issues.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:27 am

sepheronx wrote:According to Leith it may have been a Tow missile that hit the Turkish tank.

Tow doesn't spin on axis during flight, but only while being controlled. Here you can see it is spinning.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:27 am

I am surprised you can see that from the video footage. I myself can barely tell.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:32 am

sepheronx wrote:I am surprised you can see that from the video footage.  I myself can barely tell.

The rear flickering shows the missile is spinning.

Let's remember how it works ...

OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:39 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:I am surprised you can see that from the video footage.  I myself can barely tell.

Wasn't that Konkurs? Or Fagot?
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:40 am

I'm almost certain it's kornet.

The missile's light in a few frames isn't visible, so we are seeing the motor firing and spinning, not a IR beacon. The flight path is also very strait with minimal slip, indicative of kornet.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:42 am

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 15 L8AgPl6
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:43 am

sepheronx wrote:Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 15 L8AgPl6

Which is why we are now blowing up your tanks. What a Face
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:44 am

sepheronx wrote:Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 15 L8AgPl6

Turning the other cheek doesn't work in war.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:48 am

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 15 Cq54us10

It looks like two tanks may have been lost in the same area.

The one we are discussing appears to be the flame on the right in this image.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:49 am

sepheronx wrote:
    Anyway, my deep hatred of Putin comes in the wakes of Ukraine conflict and his inability to provide aid to Novorussia who deserves it, all because of politics, while hundreds or thousands are dying thanks to such games.  Russia's resolve of Georgia when it was under Medvedev was the right actions.  I was hoping similar from Putin.  Didn't get it though.  I am happy with Crimea, but not so much about Donetsk and Lugansk..

The problem with Ukraine is much more serious ,than any other problem. Ukraine have nuclear reactors close to Crimea.. 5 or 6 of them.. those are time bombs. and then you have Ukraine chemical weapons and biological weapons. Americans also can provide them with that. fire a cruise missile to St Petersburg  or any city near Russia border and thats it.

You need to see it as a hostage situation in a plane with terrorist armed with bombs. if you go like Rambo and try to kill the terrorist ,they will blow up the plane with all civilians. and the point of saving lives will be pointless.  As much as i disagree with Putin
    over many things ,specially the way he handles Russia economy.. in Ukraine he did the more or less the right thing to do. This is because if the goal of Russia is to save civilians lives in donetsk and Lugansk.. he could end causing more civilians to be killed if he invade.. Because the Bandera nazis will start an ethnic cleansing of ethnic Russians in other cities ,to force Russia to invade deeper into Ukraine. Until Russia gets close to the nuclear reactors ,then blow it up them and accuse Russia later of it. Then all the radiation will spread into Russia but also Crimea. see the problem?

Russia options in Ukraine are more like any of this..
    -Preference is to do all undercovertly. sent many well armed special forces
    and long range artillery to Donetk.
    - help with Artillery cross border to Ukraine positions that shelling civilians in Donetsk.
    -Temporary use Airforce to bomb Ukraine military positions to enter and quickly leave.
    -Also if Russia feel , war is inevitable it can start providing weapons to other zones to create new fronts.. ideally create a new front in Kharkiv, western Ukraine and in Odessa buying traitors to help them smuggle weapons.
    - All this is to pressure Kiev to stop the war ,change its policy or their country will be split.

In the end , if there is no hope , at the last resort . When all other things done , Russia will have to decapitate kiev leadership. Hiring people to do the job.. like a hidden bomb.. etc.

and the ultimate ,very last resort ,will be a full scale invasion , this is only the case if a major
    ethnic cleansing start in the thousands of civilians per week.  But before Russia do this.. It will need to release this evidence ,that this is happening in Ukraine .to justify its invasion.

Russia needs to do this so American cannot isolate Russia economy from Europe. Also Remember that if Russia invade Ukraine.. then Russia will be responsible for feeding the civilians of the zones they invade. So the last thing the kremlin wants is that they forced
    to invade Kiev ,to later have to feed 40 million of jobless ukrainians ,that will be blaming
    Russia for all their troubles and protesting their invasion. Which is the TRAP That
    Americans will do if Russia invade.  It will destroy Russia image in the world.. if they after invading with tanks have thousands of civilians protesting their invasion. also damage Putin imagine in Russia.

THis means that is Ukrainians the ones that needs to liberate their own country and not Russia.
    And that All Russia can do is provide weapons for now undercovertly and with some undercover
    special forces help.

The fact that Ukraine army ,was shelling Rostov don in Russia territory,in 2014 ,and even killed civilians inside ,shows how desperate was Kiev to provoke Russia to invade. The goal of kiev
    with all this bombing on Donetsk and Lugansk, is not capturing those zones..is not defeating
    the Russian army either.. but instead to provoke a full scale invasion of Russia..and later use
    that for more sanctions from Europe on Russia. So anyone who understand the war in Ukraine
    is an Economic War of American on Russia. Will be correct.

So expect lots of False Flags ,m-17 malasyan plane like with lots of civilians killed.. And all blamed on Russia sponsored
    militia of Russia military.  Kiev will love to start a war.. with Russia ,to get people attention
    away from their failed government and create an unity that was not there before by demonizing
    Russia of war crimes. Americans are in Ukraine simply to bleed Russia economy. This is their major goal. It was going to be easier if they had Crimea ,but Russia took it first.

This is different of Syria war.. that is more to split Syria in parts ,and create a new pipeline
    to bypass Gazprom and discredit Putin and as a bonus too , many Russian casualties in Syria.

Last edited by Vann7 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:24 am; edited 3 times in total
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:51 am

Zivo wrote:Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 15 Cq54us10

It looks like two tanks may have been lost in the same area.

The one we are discussing appears to be the flame on the right in this image.

Yes, two tanks and one FNSS were hit. There are more than two casualties...a taste of their own medicine. Kurds may be assholes from time to time, but when it comes to Turkey we can all agree, they da real MVP's.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:53 am

OminousSpudd wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

Wasn't that Konkurs? Or Fagot?

That was Konkurs, but all Russian ATGM's so far are rolling frames (gyrojets in picture).

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 15 110408_AT-14spriggamkornet

TOW is momentum driven.

Last edited by KoTeMoRe on Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:00 am; edited 3 times in total
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:54 am

I imagine YPG leadership will be eventually overthrown or no longer having a say in anything now that Turkey is in and killing SDF/YPG guys and trying to push them out. This whole going into to fight ISIS is a joke clearly since ISIS is US/Turkey guys. And the simple fact that Turkey hasn't had to fight a single Daesh the entire time they took over. Apparently this isn't the first time Turkey took Syrian land since there was Hatay.

So if the Kurds are finally pissed off, then yes, Russia can take advantage by supplying the Kurds. Or YPG breaks up and another group is formed that is not pro-US.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:58 am

sepheronx wrote:I imagine YPG leadership will be eventually overthrown or no longer having a say in anything now that Turkey is in and killing SDF/YPG guys and trying to push them out.  This whole going into to fight ISIS is a joke clearly since ISIS is US/Turkey guys.  And the simple fact that Turkey hasn't had to fight a single Daesh the entire time they took over.  Apparently this isn't the first time Turkey took Syrian land since there was Hatay.

So if the Kurds are finally pissed off, then yes, Russia can take advantage by supplying the Kurds.  Or YPG breaks up and another group is formed that is not pro-US.

Y wot M8?

YPG leadership says one thing does another. They pulled this with Russia and Syria. HASAKA is OK with us, oh wait let's attack your people and cleanse it from Arabs.
    Same here. We will not attack the Turks, we will just fuck up their tanks with these totally not Russian ATGM's.

This fucking thing is a bargaining clusterfuck.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:59 am

Maybe. But then again, who knows. Maybe YPG are US proxies and will do whatever they say. Dunno if the rest of the kurds will follow.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:01 am

sepheronx wrote:Maybe.  But then again, who knows.  Maybe YPG are US proxies and will do whatever they say.  Dunno if the rest of the kurds will follow.

They are litterally killing Turkish tanks and hitting FSA positions with ATGM's. It doesn't get any more warlike than this.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:03 am

What I find insane is that the US backed SDF are now openly fighting NATO forces. dunno
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:10 am

Zivo wrote:What I find insane is that the US backed SDF are now openly fighting NATO forces. dunno

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 15 Putin%2B%2526%2BBach%2BLaughing

With Russian weapons delivered initially to ... Syria.

This is US policy in Syria:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:21 am