Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+59
marat
NationalRus
ultron
The Mule
Crucible
Werewolf
Acheron
onwiththewar
mutantsushi
cracker
whir
eehnie
Morpheus Eberhardt
gregoire
VARGR198
PapaDragon
BKP
magnumcromagnon
victor1985
sepheronx
kvs
Bolt
Odin of Ossetia
max steel
Walther von Oldenburg
Karl Haushofer
Ruthenius
OminousSpudd
Nikander
zg18
Dforce
Regular
Ispan
Teshub
Project Canada
GarryB
Big_Gazza
higurashihougi
SturmGuard
franco
flamming_python
par far
Godric
medo
wilhelm
Inetwarrior
Vann7
Erk
Neutrality
TheArmenian
ExBeobachter1987
auslander
KoTeMoRe
Cowboy's daughter
Flagship Victory
JohninMK
Khepesh
Firebird
Rodinazombie
63 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21

Khepesh
    Khepesh

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #21

Post  Khepesh Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:56 pm

Purgin's wife Elena was arrested, but nothing official about this, or anything....
    auslander
    auslander

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #21

Post  auslander Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:10 pm

Khepesh wrote:Purgin's wife Elena was arrested, but nothing official about this, or anything....

Source? And on that note this old coot is heading for the wrack.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:10 pm

They see me purgin, they hatin.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:24 pm

auslander wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:Purgin's wife Elena was arrested, but nothing official about this, or anything....

Only this source that can be linked to, but he is reliable http://limonov-eduard.livejournal.com/704374.html It also states, and other places state, that Purgin was also arrested and that the building of the people's deputies is surrounded. There is a lot more than this but I only quote these aspects as it seems they are true. If I said anything about Dainego and Pushilin it would be total speculation.

Purgin removed as President of national Council of DNR and replaced by Pushilin http://ria.ru/world/20150904/1230222993.html
    par far

Post  par far Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:38 pm

Khepesh wrote:
    auslander wrote:

Only this source that can be linked to, but he is reliable http://limonov-eduard.livejournal.com/704374.html It also states, and other places state, that Purgin was also arrested and that the building of the people's deputies is surrounded. There is a lot more than this but I only quote these aspects as it seems they are true. If I said anything about Dainego and Pushilin it would be total speculation.

Purgin removed as President of national Council of DNR and replaced by Pushilin http://ria.ru/world/20150904/1230222993.html

What is going on here?
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:44 pm

Confirmed arrest of Purgin and his wife and also head of the secretariat of the National Council, Alexei Alexandrov. The fate of his father, the Chief of Staff of the People's Council is as yet unknown. Info provided by Eduard Limonov is also confirmed as correct. http://ria.ru/world/20150904/1230222993.html
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:52 pm

Khepesh wrote:Confirmed arrest of Purgin and his wife and also head of the secretariat of the National Council, Alexei Alexandrov. The fate of his father, the Chief of Staff of the People's Council is as yet unknown. Info provided by Eduard Limonov is also confirmed as correct. http://ria.ru/world/20150904/1230222993.html

Not good, damages what little credibility they have been developing in the West. Interfax just announced Pushlin as new Council Head also. EDIT: should read acting speaker.
    Also see Yats and Saakashvili's spatting... Saak not getting a cut??
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:59 pm

Khepesh wrote:
    auslander wrote:

Who is who here? It's a bit hard to keep up with all names, can anyone explain?
    Dforce

Post  Dforce Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:08 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:
    auslander wrote:

Pushilin held the chair until 18th of July last year, byt seems to have taken it back:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrei_Purgin
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Pushilin
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:17 pm

Is this an oligarch coup or are these 'proper' politicians? They clearly don't think they are about to be attacked.

A source claimed that Denis Pushilin was elected on Friday interim speaker of the parliament (People's Council) of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) in eastern Ukraine.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Denis Pushilin was elected on Friday interim speaker of the parliament (People's Council) of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) in eastern Ukraine, a source told RIA Novosti. "Pushilin is the interim head of the DPR People's Council," the source, who spoke on the phone on condition of anonymity, said. According to the source, the decision was adopted at an extraordinary meeting of the People's Council.

The post of the speaker was previously held by Andrei Purgin.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150904/1026611520.html#ixzz3knqIAksi
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:23 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

The people we know so far who have been arrested are those most responsible for the uprising against Kiev, particulary Purgin who had made political attempts ten years ago to get out of the clutches of Kiev. Alexandrov, father and son, were also in the forefront of the struggle to leave Ukraine. Pushilin is all for the "partners". We need to wait until the morning to get a clearer picture, and anything I say now about all this will be to quick and reactionary.....

Edit: I'll just leave with this. Rozhin is silent, El-Murid and yurasumy have made a few comments, but are bad, from El-Murid very bad. I will not be surprised if soon nothing more is heard from Rozhin, El-Murid, Strelkov and others, at least about Donbass.....
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:18 pm

A look at possible play behind Rada protest;
    http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/deadly-kiev-clashes-work-former-maidan-top-dog-eyeing-comeback/ri9545
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:25 pm

Khepesh wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

The people we know so far who have been arrested are those most responsible for the uprising against Kiev, particulary Purgin who had made political attempts ten years ago to get out of the clutches of Kiev. Alexandrov, father and son, were also in the forefront of the struggle to leave Ukraine. Pushilin is all for the "partners". We need to wait until the morning to get a clearer picture, and anything I say now about all this will be to quick and reactionary.....

Edit: I'll just leave with this. Rozhin is silent, El-Murid and yurasumy have made a few comments, but are bad, from El-Murid very bad. I will not be surprised if soon nothing more is heard from Rozhin, El-Murid, Strelkov and others, at least about Donbass.....

I could be off base here but aren't these the politicians most pushing for joining Russia.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:26 pm

Some kind of a strange play going on in DNR. Purgin always sounded logical and his views in the very beginning when DNR just pronounced its independence were something I agreed with. The National Council of DNR calls his actions "destructive" so now we have to hear what kind of actions there were.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:00 am

MOSCOW, September 4. /TASS/. Speaker of the People’s Council (parliament) of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) Andrei Purgin has been sent to resignation. His duties will be performed by deputy speaker Denis Pushilin, the Donetsk News Agency said late on Friday citing Pushilin’s statement. "An initiative group of lawmakers called an extraordinary meeting of the DPR People’s Council. Seventy out of 73 lawmakers voted to remover Andrei Purgin from the post of the People’s Council speaker. Deputy speaker Denis Pushilin was appointed acting speaker," the statement said.

Pushilin’s first decree as acting speaker was to dismiss head of the Council’s administrative department Alexei Alexandrov. Explaining this move, Pushilin said that over the period when Alexandrov had occupied his post "lawmakers and employees of the People’s Council had to face a number of problems, from management ones to wage arrears." "Moreover, instead of doing his job, Alexei Alexandrov has made a number of political statements running counter to the policy of the entire state," Pushilin said. "To my big regret, speaker of the People’s Council Andrei Purgin has fallen under the influence of this man."

"The last straw was today’s attempt to frustrate the meeting of the People’s Council when lawmakers had to listen to knowingly false statements geared to whip up tension and destabilize the situation," Pushilin said.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:05 am

JohninMK wrote:MOSCOW, September 4. /TASS/. Speaker of the People’s Council (parliament) of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) Andrei Purgin has been sent to resignation. His duties will be performed by deputy speaker Denis Pushilin, the Donetsk News Agency said late on Friday citing Pushilin’s statement. "An initiative group of lawmakers called an extraordinary meeting of the DPR People’s Council. Seventy out of 73 lawmakers voted to remover Andrei Purgin from the post of the People’s Council speaker. Deputy speaker Denis Pushilin was appointed acting speaker," the statement said.

Pushilin’s first decree as acting speaker was to dismiss head of the Council’s administrative department Alexei Alexandrov. Explaining this move, Pushilin said that over the period when Alexandrov had occupied his post "lawmakers and employees of the People’s Council had to face a number of problems, from management ones to wage arrears." "Moreover, instead of doing his job, Alexei Alexandrov has made a number of political statements running counter to the policy of the entire state," Pushilin said. "To my big regret, speaker of the People’s Council Andrei Purgin has fallen under the influence of this man."

"The last straw was today’s attempt to frustrate the meeting of the People’s Council when lawmakers had to listen to knowingly false statements geared to whip up tension and destabilize the situation," Pushilin said.
    The statements that Alexandrov jnr made were of the variety, "Let's join Russia"......
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:06 am

franco wrote:

I could be off base here but aren't these the politicians most pushing for joining Russia.
    Fully on base. See my post above about Alexandrov. All who want Donbass to be part of Russia are being pushed aside....
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:13 am

We still have to wait for a statement by Surkov Akhmetov Zakharchenko to have a better idea of what will happen, tho I can guess exactly the mood music that will be broadcast as Kremlyadi shitheads hampsters are hard at work tonight in the networks telling people what to think. A mass rally in support of Purgin is being organised to be held in Donetsk at 1200 local.
    SturmGuard

Post  SturmGuard Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:13 am

It is mind-boggling and unnerving, but we might be witnessing the ultimate display of political cynicism. Preparations for reintegration back into Ukraine.
    SturmGuard

Post  SturmGuard Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:17 am

Khepesh wrote:We still have to wait for a statement by Surkov Akhmetov Zakharchenko to have a better idea of what will happen, tho I can guess exactly the mood music that will be broadcast as Kremlyadi shitheads hampsters are hard at work tonight in the networks telling people what to think. A mass rally in support of Purgin is being organised to be held in Donetsk at 1200 local.

I bet there will be spins pointing out that Russian Federation doesn't want and won't have to pay for rebuilding of Donbass, and people in Russia supporting
    that view.
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

Post  ExBeobachter1987 Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:24 am

SturmGuard wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:We still have to wait for a statement by Surkov Akhmetov Zakharchenko to have a better idea of what will happen, tho I can guess exactly the mood music that will be broadcast as Kremlyadi shitheads hampsters are hard at work tonight in the networks telling people what to think. A mass rally in support of Purgin is being organised to be held in Donetsk at 1200 local.

I bet there will be spins pointing out that Russian Federation doesn't want and won't have to pay for rebuilding of Donbass, and people in Russia supporting
    that view.

Isn't that already the case? I don't think they have to put much effort into creating the "right mood" for that.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:26 am

SturmGuard wrote:It is mind-boggling and unnerving, but we might be witnessing the ultimate display of political cynicism. Preparations for reintegration back into Ukraine.
    Sorry, what cynicism? It has been clear from the start of the civil war that Moscow wanted Donbas to stay in Ukraine. It had major strategic reasons for this and anyone in Donbas who thought otherwise was deluding themselves.

OK, Russia would stop them being wiped out and helped negotiate a deal, Minsk 2, that gave them a future but in the long run they had to come to terms with being under the same roof as the rest of Ukraine. It is down to both sides to get themselves into a position where this is possible, probably a far harder problem in Kiev tho' with the RS still banging away.

The world is now facing far bigger problems than Ukraine which is likely to be told to stop being a naughty boy and to go away and sort itself out.
    SturmGuard

Post  SturmGuard Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:33 am

Yes, because that is such a genius plan. Surely taking Crimea, abandoning Donbass and letting complete brainwash, death squads/paramilitaries/SBU, propaganda and history falsification to do its job about the remaining part of people in Ukraine who are not anti-Russia.

Please tell me you are joking about this being some brilliant plan and well-planned strategy. Are they perhaps betting on "brotherly feelings between brotherly nations", "common history"?

Last edited by SturmGuard on Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:34 am

SturmGuard wrote:

that view.
    Partly, but it is more complicated. This is not at all about Russia letting Donbass go, but of creating a certain distance, of saying that what happens in Donbass is entirely the affair of the people of Donbass, so any politician advocating that Donbass should be part of Russia is going against this. It is certainly harsh and cynical, but if the intention is to have all Ukraine as a stable ally of Russia, then, tho Yurasumy is jumping and shouting against what happens, his desire for a "Novoukraina" could eventually come true. It is all very machiavellian and we can only guess, but the options are very limited, either "merge" Donbass, which will not happen, or take, in one form or another, all of Ukraine. War is still an option, though I think it just got very much smaller unless Kiev pushes the destruct button.
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

Post  ExBeobachter1987 Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:35 am

JohninMK wrote:OK, Russia would stop them being wiped out and helped negotiate a deal, Minsk 2, that gave them a future but in the long run they had to come to terms with being under the same roof as the rest of Ukraine. It is down to both sides to get themselves into a position where this is possible, probably a far harder problem in Kiev tho' with the RS still banging away.

Does it really? Why should these people stay in an anti-Russian Ukraine? Will the Kremlin help to rebuild the Donbass?
    This is at best a Bosnian-solution, a slow death.

JohninMK wrote:The world is now facing far bigger problems than Ukraine which is likely to be told to stop being a naughty boy and to go away and sort itself out.

And Ukraine will ignore it and continue to be an asshole.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:01 am