Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+59
marat
NationalRus
ultron
The Mule
Crucible
Werewolf
Acheron
onwiththewar
mutantsushi
cracker
whir
eehnie
Morpheus Eberhardt
gregoire
VARGR198
PapaDragon
BKP
magnumcromagnon
victor1985
sepheronx
kvs
Bolt
Odin of Ossetia
max steel
Walther von Oldenburg
Karl Haushofer
Ruthenius
OminousSpudd
Nikander
zg18
Dforce
Regular
Ispan
Teshub
Project Canada
GarryB
Big_Gazza
higurashihougi
SturmGuard
franco
flamming_python
par far
Godric
medo
wilhelm
Inetwarrior
Vann7
Erk
Neutrality
TheArmenian
ExBeobachter1987
auslander
KoTeMoRe
Cowboy's daughter
Flagship Victory
JohninMK
Khepesh
Firebird
Rodinazombie
63 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21

flamming_python
    flamming_python

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #21

Post  flamming_python Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:39 am

Flagship Victory wrote:Banned cluster bombs used against civilians in Donbas.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/03/banned-cluster-bombs-syria-ukraine-yemen-sudan-libya

From now on I will cheer the death of every Ukrainian soldier. Don't tell me they didn't know what they were doing or they had no choice. Everyone has a choice. Most Ukrainians drafted to Donbas do not come to serve. Those who do come only intend to kill civilians.

I won't be shedding a tear for those fkers either, they can all burn in hell.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #21

Post  flamming_python Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:52 am

GarryB wrote:
    2 Maidan soldiers KIA and 6 Maidan soldiers WIA yesterday

War is certainly war, but why do you celebrate deaths... are you retarded?

As for celebrating civilian deaths I dare you to claim the civilians on American soil killed on 11/9 was just war is war... harden up.

Considering the 1st of September is the anniversary of Beslan I find your comments offensive... even more so when you try to defend them with your total war hogwash.

Giving you a chance to apologise and perhaps learn something... about yourself and some of the people here...
    I want to be frank here GarryB. And to you RodinaZombie as well, you made a post on this earlier.

Not to question your decisions or anything, and Flagship is being too flagrant by posting photos and names - but just so none of us are under any illusions here - it's either the Ukrainian soldiers or the civilian population in the Donbass.
    They aren't both coming away from this, at least while the war's still going.
    And I know who'd I would rather have survive.

I know many of them have nothing to do with the blatant and constant war-crimes being committed every day against the civilian population there. I don't really care either; either way they are unwelcome invaders, if they're not killing civilians then they're covering for the people that are and keeping the artillery guns firing, so to speak. If they're not going to make the effort to avoid conscription, avoid the war, avoid covering for their murderous comrades than why should anyone make the effort to avoid killing them in combat?
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:33 am

franco wrote:Just another bizarre side-note to the insanity that is Country 404;
    http://www.interfax.com/newsinf.asp?id=615970  

Why ask Porkie ? He should directly ask the White House for that. Laughing
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:24 am

Tyagnibok and other "Svoboda" leaders are now in police station being questioned. Probably about their favorit music, football team etc and will then be let free    http://112.ua/politika/tyagnibok-i-drugie-chleny-svobody-pribyli-na-dopros-po-povodu-stolknoveniy-u-vr-256193.html "Svoboda" members have gathered outside and are using loudspeakers to broadcast support.
    Teshub

Post  Teshub Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:25 am

Ispan wrote:In that case the illiterate is you, because they are called "bombs" in other languages. A cannon or howitzer fires shells (or "grenades" depending of the language) and the mortar fires bombs, because they have fins and drop by gravity.
    It might have escaped your notice, but on this forum we are using English. In military parlance, the English meaning of the word bomb is an unpowered explosive weapon. A modern mortar round or shell is not unpowered, it carries its own launching charge within itself - therefore it is not a bomb.  Fins and gravity have nothing to do with it.

As I recall on the literature of the Great War, British sources talk of "mortar bombs".
    The term 'mortar bomb' comes from the original design back during the late Middle Ages, which continued up till WWI. At that time the mortar did indeed fire a 'bomb' because the launching charge was separate from the projectile - i.e. you first loaded the mortar with a black powder charge, then placed the stone/bomb atop it.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:47 am

There is an internal document from Ukranian General Prosecutor's Office to all prosecutors to gather all documents, including restricted, about pravy sektor and anybody who supports them. The document is dated 9 August and requries all this info sent to Kiev by 7 September. There is some doubt about if this is fake or not, but after the events at Mukachevo it would be a surprise if the junta was not collecting info on them. http://boec-gromov.livejournal.com/2033.html

edit: Tyagnibok emerged from police station and said he was going to prepare lawsuit against Avakov.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21 - Page 6 6182e9452bcd
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:04 pm

Ukrops launch offensive
    https://vk.com/club72671313?z=video-48155121_171240603%2Fb6558ab7835727b7cf

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21 - Page 6 7404d8a00b47

Last edited by Khepesh on Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:08 pm

The next excuse for sanctions. IMO the US will never let go of sanctions and will in fact always be looking for more against Russia. Just how far can they force the EU to go along.
    http://www.sputniknews.com/world/20150904/1026581818/west-russia-sanctions-ukraine-elections.html
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:11 pm

Khepesh wrote:Ukrops launch offensive
    https://vk.com/club72671313?z=video-48155121_171240603%2Fb6558ab7835727b7cf

attack

lol1
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:45 pm

Khepesh wrote:There is an internal document from Ukranian General Prosecutor's Office to all prosecutors to gather all documents, including restricted, about pravy sektor and anybody who supports them. The document is dated 9 August and requries all this info sent to Kiev by 7 September. There is some doubt about if this is fake or not, but after the events at Mukachevo it would be a surprise if the junta was not collecting info on them. http://boec-gromov.livejournal.com/2033.html

edit: Tyagnibok emerged from police station and said he was going to prepare lawsuit against Avakov.

I'm curious to know how all of this turns out. Right or wrong, I have a thought that at the bottom of all this is Poroshenko versus Igor Kolomoisky, and Kolomoisky being in the United States, crazy as it may seem, I wonder if Poroshenko and company wonder if the USA will kick him out, and put Kolomoisky in his place??

If one President can be "overthrown", so can another...

I can't imagine that Poroshenko sleeps well at night.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:52 pm

Senior right-wing party members charged with Monday clashes
    AP News | Sep 04, 2015

http://townhall.com/news/politics-elections/2015/09/04/ukraines-rightwing-party-leader-questioned-in-kiev-n2048003

KIEV, Ukraine (AP) — Two senior members of a Ukrainian nationalist party were charged Friday with rioting while their leader walked free after being questioned in Kiev in connection with Monday's clashes outside the parliament.

Three National Guard officers died from injuries suffered in a grenade explosion during clashes between police and nationalists who were protesting a constitutional amendment granting more powers to Ukrainian regions including the rebel-held east. More than 140 people were hospitalized including one officer who is still in a coma.

The police said they had found the man, formerly a fighter in a volunteer battalion in the restive east, who is believed to have thrown the grenade.

Following clashes, another nationalist party walked out of the parliament majority coalition, threatening to tip the already precarious balance of power in Ukraine where months-long protest swept a pro-Russian president from power in February 2014.

Svoboda leader Oleh Tyahnybok turned up for questioning at the Interior Ministry on Friday. Tyahnybok, who is officially a witness while 16 Svoboda members have been arrested on suspicion of orchestrating the riots, blamed the violence on the government.

"It's only the current government which is building a dictatorship under the guise of pretty slogans that is benefiting from the tragedy that happened on Aug. 31, 2015, outside the Supreme Rada," he told reporters before questioning.

The Interior Ministry on Tuesday issued photographs of the protesters facing off the police Monday, which featured the Svoboda two members with a truncheon in one hand and a shield in another.

Investigators have promised a speedy probe, saying that perpetrators and organizers could face lengthy prison sentences as the clashes have been classified as a terrorist attack.

Most of the 100 violent protesters at Monday's rally were members of Svoboda, who wielded truncheons and sticks with nails as they faced off against police in riot gear.

Speaking in Vladivostok earlier on Friday, Russian President Vladimir Putin said he believed that the clashes in Kiev were "in no way connected to the changes to the constitution because everything what is on offer as an amendment is purely declarative does not change the structure of government in Ukraine substantially."

___ Nataliya Vasilyeva contributed to this report from Moscow. wrote:
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:56 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:There is an internal document from Ukranian General Prosecutor's Office to all prosecutors to gather all documents, including restricted, about pravy sektor and anybody who supports them. The document is dated 9 August and requries all this info sent to Kiev by 7 September. There is some doubt about if this is fake or not, but after the events at Mukachevo it would be a surprise if the junta was not collecting info on them. http://boec-gromov.livejournal.com/2033.html

I'm curious to know how all of this turns out. Right or wrong, I have a thought that at the bottom of all this is Poroshenko versus Igor Kolomoisky, and Kolomoisky being in the United States, crazy as it may seem, I wonder if Poroshenko and company wonder if the USA will kick him out, and put Kolomoisky in his place??

The Ukrainian leadership all have pre-arranged countries to go to if it goes bad for them. I imagine it was a part of their taking their "30 pieces of silver". Porky is set up to go to Austria while Yats already has been given Canadian citizenship and residence.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:14 pm

franco wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:

The Ukrainian leadership all have pre-arranged countries to go to if it goes bad for them. I imagine it was a part of their taking their "30 pieces of silver". Porky is set up to go to Austria while Yats already has been given Canadian citizenship and residence.
    Kolo's location is currently unknown. He was last reported in the US in April. He could be anywhere.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:26 pm

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/svoboda-members-shvaika-syrotiuk-informed-of-being-suspected-of-crimes-over-aug-31-events-397176.html

Svoboda All-Ukrainian Union leader Oleh Tiahnybok has said that two Svoboda members, former agrarian policy minister Ihor Shvaika and former MP Yuriy Syrotiuk, have been informed of their being suspected of crimes during clashes outside the Verkhovna Rada on Aug. 31.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:30 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Kolo's location is currently unknown. He was last reported in the US in April. He could be anywhere.

That's true.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:23 pm

Seems a fourth natsguard died while Tyagnibok was being questioned, and another is close http://112.ua/obshchestvo/nacgvardeec-v-osobo-tyazhelom-sostoyanii-prodolzhaet-borotsya-za-zhizn-ngu-256276.html
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:25 pm

Strelkov believes that the next attack could occur while Putin is in the US to attend the UN.
    http://fortruss.blogspot.ca/2015/09/strelkov-uaf-will-attack-when-putin-is.html
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:39 pm

franco wrote:Strelkov believes that the next attack could occur while Putin is in the US to attend the UN.
    http://fortruss.blogspot.ca/2015/09/strelkov-uaf-will-attack-when-putin-is.html
    Personally I doubt that. He is not in NY for very long, Lavrov is taking over almost straight after Putin opens this session of the UN. Also, being in NY, the centre of much of the worlds media, Putin would be in an ideal position to put the UNSC behind him in condemning Ukraine with maximum publicity. You can almost see him talking to the press with the UN (not Russian) flag and crest behind him. I don't think Washington is that blind.

This is quite different from taking action when Putin was in the back of beyond, Sochi, with no attention given to him.

But it does give Poro a big problem if the US has OK'ed action. Before then, he has got Putin going to the the UN shortly, after then, Russia is still in charge of the UN and Lavrov is no slouch, plus the Autumn rains could arrive which is not good for mass army movement. Poro is going to have to do something because the logistics of keeping that number of soldiers 'in the field' will get pretty difficult.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:09 pm

People may see rumors of a coup in DNR begin to filter thro the networks. This is not true. What seems to be true is that Purgin with several officials of DNR and TV journalists were stopped by armed men after crossing from Russia at Uspenka. These men said that Purgin could continue, but not the others. Purgin remained with them out of solidarity. That part seems true, but nothing is totaly clear yet. However, the rumor is that shots were fired and this was organised by Pushilin. Zakharchenko or anybody else in authority are so far silent, and Pushilin is still in Minsk.... http://riafan.ru/395784-purgin-i-deputatyi-dnr-zaderzhanyi-vooruzhennyimi-lyudmi-po-doroge-v-donetsk/
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:38 pm

franco wrote:The next excuse for sanctions. IMO the US will never let go of sanctions and will in fact always be looking for more against Russia. Just how far can they force the EU to go along.
    http://www.sputniknews.com/world/20150904/1026581818/west-russia-sanctions-ukraine-elections.html

Given the surge in ''stability'' across EU, these sanctions will soon be working so much to Russia's advantage that Russia will insist on maintaining them...
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:02 pm

Russia says Ukraine school-start truce ‘encouraging’

KIEV, September 4. /TASS/. The ceasefire regime in Donbas has been in place for six days in a row, Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said on Friday at a meeting with Polish president’s envoy Krzystof Szczerski. "The ceasefire regime has been observed in Donbas for six days running, which gives hope for a peaceful development of the process," the press service of the Ukrainian head of state quoted min as saying.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:17 pm

Porosenko is loosing time and winter will soon start. Kiev junta need Novorussian coal for electricity and hot water. More delays will be with offensive, more probability will be, that Ukraine will be in the dark and in cold. Delays are only good for Novorussian side, that they have time to better prepare defense on the line and in the deep.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:30 pm

An emergency meeting of the people's council of the DNR is underway at this moment. It is possible that arrests of people connected with Purgin have already taken place, but this is NOT confirmed. There is clearly some attempt to show Purgin, or those around him as "enemies of the state". This is all total bullshit, but why and why now is not clear.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:36 pm

I don't have a warm and fuzzy about the current lull in shooting. I'm sure Porky got his nose slapped hard in Berlin the other day but orcs are orcs, they will start again with the odd shell here and there and slowly build up again. I REALLY hope I'm wrong but past performance says otherwise.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:49 pm

Seriously guys, you can't make this sh*t up:

''The Economist Slams Party of Mandela for Speaking Truth on US in Ukraine''

http://sputniknews.com/analysis/20150904/1026606433/economist-usa-russia-ukraine-criticism.html

I mean, what do those Mandela's amateur friends from ANC know about imperialism and human rights.... dilettantes lol1 lol1 lol1

Worth a read!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:40 pm