Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+57
Cowboy's daughter
Kiko
franco
Sujoy
Regular
PhSt
Big_Gazza
MiamiMachineShop
Tsavo Lion
Odin of Ossetia
magnumcromagnon
verkhoturye51
jhelb
RTN
andalusia
LMFS
Admin
Rodion_Romanovic
AbdulhamidtheSecond
BKP
Russophile
Tingsay
Isos
d_taddei2
Hannibal Barca
Nibiru
Teshub
Airman
Hole
ultimatewarrior
Aristide
Kimppis
flamming_python
JohninMK
higurashihougi
PapaDragon
Vann7
George1
nomadski
eric1
ATLASCUB
miketheterrible
AlfaT8
KiloGolf
max steel
Rodinazombie
par far
olibeira
NationalRus
Werewolf
GarryB
marcinko
KomissarBojanchev
kvs
Walther von Oldenburg
sepheronx
Kyo
61 posters

Venezuela crisis

Poll

Will usa be successful in installing it's puppet

[ 9 ]
    Venezuela crisis - Page 34 Bar_left24%Venezuela crisis - Page 34 Bar_right [24%] 
    [ 28 ]
    Venezuela crisis - Page 34 Bar_left76%Venezuela crisis - Page 34 Bar_right [76%] 

Total Votes: 37
    Poll closed
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Venezuela crisis - Page 34 Empty Re: Venezuela crisis

Post  JohninMK Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:32 pm

A large tanker arrives. Unknown if its one of the three mentioned in my last post but they are supposed to be carrying petrol. I think the gas condensate is used to dilute the heavy Venezuelan crude so that it can be refined.

TankerTrackers.com, Inc.
    Anchor
    🛢
    @TankerTrackers
    ·
    12h
    Iranian VLCC supertanker carrying 2 million barrels of gas condensate suddenly pops up at the José Terminal, Venezuela. Most likely sailed all the way around southern Africa given her transponder was switched off. Name & IMO number has been painted over. Goes by new name: HONEY
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:11 pm

US, Guyana to Launch Joint Patrols Near Venezuela
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:45 am

Tsavo Lion wrote:US, Guyana to Launch Joint Patrols Near Venezuela

i had the impression tha guyana had progressive government
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:01 am

George1 wrote:
    i had the impression tha guyana had progressive government

Looks like the new guy, who finally took over last month, may be more amenable to US blandishments.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:49 pm

The second of a group of three Iranian tankers entered Venezuelan waters on Wednesday, carrying fuel for the gasoline-starved nation, which is struggling under a collapsing oil industry and U.S. sanctions that have crippled imports and exports.

The Iran-flagged vessel Fortune reached Venezuela’s exclusive economic zone at 1:45 a.m. local time (0545 GMT), following the same route as the Forest, which docked at Venezuela’s El Palito port on Monday to discharge fuel, according to Refinitiv Eikon tanker tracking data and sources.

The third vessel in the flotilla, the Faxon, is due to arrive later this week to complete a delivery of some 820,000 barrels of Iranian gasoline and other fuels to Venezuela’s state-run PDVSA, according to the data.

The vessels have so far crossed the Atlantic Ocean without any disturbances, according to the data.

https://theiranproject.com/blog/2020/09/30/2nd-tanker-carrying-iranian-fuel-reaches-venezuelan-waters/
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:38 pm

Looks like the third has safely arrived now. Plus they have got a couple of their own refineries back into action, presumably 'upgraded' with Chinese or Iranian parts.

If I were a betting man I would be putting money on the bigger tankers, used in one of the trips before, now being underway. Possibly timed to arrived to 'hide' under the US election.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:15 pm

To Avoid Sanctions Venezuela Turns to Asia Asphalt Giant
    Venezuela crisis - Page 34 Blkbullet1Venezuela Pro-Government Assembly Approves Law Expanding Maduro's Powers
    Venezuela crisis - Page 34 Blkbullet1US Offers $5 Million Reward for the Arrest of a Former Venezuelan Official
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:21 am

🐀
    🛢
    🕳

♌
    ♉
    ♎

🐱
    🦄
    🐶

⭐
    👽
    🐹
    🚢
    Interesting emoticons I had not seen before...

I noticed the oil barrel Emoticon in Johns post above...
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:38 pm

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-threatens-to-destroy-iranian-missiles-shipped-to-venezuela
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:59 am

Dear god what a load of bullshit that website is... it automatically started playing a video about how the dictator Maduro has a tenuous hold on power in Venezuela and the election in 2018 was not accepted internationally... for fucks sake.... you fucking cowardly losers have the balls to preach to the world about democracy and peace.

Faux news should come on nice soft sheets of three ply paper... they are delusional...

And claims Iran is sending long range missiles to Venezuela will be used as a context to board ships going from Iran to Venezuela supplying products and supplies... I hope the US ships get sunk.

nomadski likes this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:24 am

GarryB wrote:
    And claims Iran is sending long range missiles to Venezuela will be used as a context to board ships going from Iran to Venezuela supplying products and supplies... I hope the US ships get sunk.

Good job most of the ships are tankers, not a good place to transport missiles.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:03 am

I don't think that will stop them and their attempts at piracy.... pirat
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:47 am

Rn't they using B-747 to deliver them?
    Btw, https://simpleflying.com/irans-mahan-air-launches-direct-16-hour-a340-flights-to-venezuela/
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:49 am

Tsavo Lion wrote:Rn't they using B-747 to deliver them?
    Btw, https://simpleflying.com/irans-mahan-air-launches-direct-16-hour-a340-flights-to-venezuela/

Can they get a ballistic missile into a 747F assuming they have one?
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:11 pm

An-12/22/124s & 

IL-76

s can transport complete BMs &/ their stages, so B-747Fs can too.  
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:26 am

Tsavo Lion wrote:An-12/22/124s & 

IL-76

s can transport complete BMs &/ their stages, so B-747Fs can too.  

Whilst I accept that they could, with some ingenuity, load say an Iskander missile into a 747F my point is that it is not going to be a lot of use without its TEL which would definitely not get in. I can't see Iran risking an Il-76 to do the job, too big a risk of it accidentally falling into the middle of the Atlantic.

Remember who floated the idea, a rabid US neocon war hawk who has so far been thwarted. He's just stirring it up as such people are well trained to do.

Anyway I doubt Venezuela needs ballistic missiles, if it needs any missiles it is surely AShM which, from reports over the summer, Iran are now making a nice new one that I remember describing its TEL as being capable of being camouflaged as a seaside icecream van.

Just to confirm that it is a 747F now in Caracus.

Venezuela crisis - Page 34 ElcbgB0XYAEXlHn?format=png&name=360x360
    andalusia

Post  andalusia Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:04 pm

I was reading an online forum and a libertarian said this about Venezuela.

" Maduro shut down the political process that was trying to remove him. Nobody made Chavez create government grocery stores that drove the private stores out of business."

I want to know is that statement true? I assume people here on this forum are better educated about the situation in Venezuela.  

Is it true that Maduro was trying to shut down the political process that was trying to remove him and did Hugo Chavez create government grocery stores that drove the private stores out of business?

https://www.americasquarterly.org/article/how-to-explain-maduros-radical-move-against-guaido/
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:01 am

The legal body is shutting down the assembly. They were deemed unconstitutional.

kvs likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:09 am

andalusia wrote:I was reading an online forum and a libertarian said this about Venezuela.

" Maduro shut down the political process that was trying to remove him. Nobody made Chavez create government grocery stores that drove the private stores out of business."

I want to know is that statement true? I assume people here on this forum are better educated about the situation in Venezuela.  

Is it true that Maduro was trying to shut down the political process that was trying to remove him and did Hugo Chavez create government grocery stores that drove the private stores out of business?

https://www.americasquarterly.org/article/how-to-explain-maduros-radical-move-against-guaido/

These are the usual drone "thought" processes exhibited by ideology koolaid drinkers.   Venezuela was in the toilet before Chavez showed up
    even though you hear endlessly about how great everything was.   The detail they miss is that it was great for a tiny few like in all 3rd world
    countries.   Chavez dramatically elevated the standard of living of the vast majority of Venezuelans.    I hear also yapping about how
    his policies affected some alleged middle class.   What!?  The only middle class in a bimodal income distribution 3rd world country is in the
    form of house maids, gardeners and similar for the filthy rich.   Cry me a river if their bosses let them go since they can't make X billions of
    dollars and make Y billions of dollars.

Chavez tried the middle of the road approach that kept the rich and their businesses intact.   But they serve their one and only
    master Satan USA.   They have no loyalty to Venezuela and like the liberast 5th column in Russia look down and hate the people
    of the country.   Humans may be imperfect, but that includes especially the money grubbing rich parasites.   So Chavez made the
    "mistake" of nationalizing a lot of businesses.    This made him a target for removal.    Maduro is keeping the policies of Chavez but
    is being sabotaged openly by the USA which is using criminals of all sorts to sow discontent.    The US also did this in the USSR by
    engaging the criminal underworld.   The USA uses all species of irregulars including terrorists to pursue its ambitions.  

The grocery store claim is ridiculous on its face.   If the private grocery stores couldn't sell food to the majority for prices
    they could afford, then there was no point for their existence was there.    Libertards and similar think that people should starve
    en masse as long as some owner sets the prices that he fancies.   Liberatard chirping about free markets and economic freedom
    is pure lip service.   There are capitalists and there are libertards.   The latter think that everything should be private including
    roads and courts.   They are retarded freaks living in a demented bubble.

As for Maduro shutting down the political process.  That is a hilarious claim.  Since when did some US appointed stooge like
    Gauido get any claims on being president.   Maduro won elections fair and square regardless of what self-serving US and its
    parrots propaganda claims.   If Maduro was some dictator (like Putin is routinely accused of being) he would act like a dictator
    and that, in Latin America, would mean death squads and disappearances.   So where are the "victims of the regime"?  Some
    few rioters that got shot?  Again, cry me a river.   If Chavez's policies were genuinely unpopular, there would never have been
    a Maduro as president.   America has clearly demonstrated what sort of regimes it prefers in Latin America over the last 100+
    years (that's right, even before the commie scarecrow).   It wants colonies and Bolivia is a clear example.   Venezuela's
    heavy oil wealth makes it a juicy prize for the yanquis and they are not giving up trying to own it.  

BTW, Citgo was a corrupt outfit before Chavez which was running a price transfer racket with the USA.   So the profits from
    Venezuelan oil were being siphoned into the USA.   Chavez dared to use those profits to improve the lives of Venezuelans and
    just like with Mossadegh in Iran that is not allowed by the USA.   Iran was yet another example of how much the USA really
    loves democracy.

andalusia, miketheterrible and Hole like this post

andalusia

Post  andalusia Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:34 am

kvs wrote:
    andalusia wrote:I was reading an online forum and a libertarian said this about Venezuela.

These are the usual drone "thought" processes exhibited by ideology koolaid drinkers.   Venezuela was in the toilet before Chavez showed up
    even though you hear endlessly about how great everything was.   The detail they miss is that it was great for a tiny few like in all 3rd world
    countries.   Chavez dramatically elevated the standard of living of the vast majority of Venezuelans.    I hear also yapping about how
    his policies affected some alleged middle class.   What!?  The only middle class in a bimodal income distribution 3rd world country is in the
    form of house maids, gardeners and similar for the filthy rich.   Cry me a river if their bosses let them go since they can't make X billions of
    dollars and make Y billions of dollars.

Chavez tried the middle of the road approach that kept the rich and their businesses intact.   But they serve their one and only
    master Satan USA.   They have no loyalty to Venezuela and like the liberast 5th column in Russia look down and hate the people
    of the country.   Humans may be imperfect, but that includes especially the money grubbing rich parasites.   So Chavez made the
    "mistake" of nationalizing a lot of businesses.    This made him a target for removal.    Maduro is keeping the policies of Chavez but
    is being sabotaged openly by the USA which is using criminals of all sorts to sow discontent.    The US also did this in the USSR by
    engaging the criminal underworld.   The USA uses all species of irregulars including terrorists to pursue its ambitions.  

The grocery store claim is ridiculous on its face.   If the private grocery stores couldn't sell food to the majority for prices
    they could afford, then there was no point for their existence was there.    Libertards and similar think that people should starve
    en masse as long as some owner sets the prices that he fancies.   Liberatard chirping about free markets and economic freedom
    is pure lip service.   There are capitalists and there are libertards.   The latter think that everything should be private including
    roads and courts.   They are retarded freaks living in a demented bubble.

As for Maduro shutting down the political process.  That is a hilarious claim.  Since when did some US appointed stooge like
    Gauido get any claims on being president.   Maduro won elections fair and square regardless of what self-serving US and its
    parrots propaganda claims.   If Maduro was some dictator (like Putin is routinely accused of being) he would act like a dictator
    and that, in Latin America, would mean death squads and disappearances.   So where are the "victims of the regime"?  Some
    few rioters that got shot?  Again, cry me a river.   If Chavez's policies were genuinely unpopular, there would never have been
    a Maduro as president.   America has clearly demonstrated what sort of regimes it prefers in Latin America over the last 100+
    years (that's right, even before the commie scarecrow).   It wants colonies and Bolivia is a clear example.   Venezuela's
    heavy oil wealth makes it a juicy prize for the yanquis and they are not giving up trying to own it.  

BTW, Citgo was a corrupt outfit before Chavez which was running a price transfer racket with the USA.   So the profits from
    Venezuelan oil were being siphoned into the USA.   Chavez dared to use those profits to improve the lives of Venezuelans and
    just like with Mossadegh in Iran that is not allowed by the USA.   Iran was yet another example of how much the USA really
    loves democracy.

Are you sure about that KVS? This libertarian did say that if he had just used the revenue to help the country, he wouldn't be in this mess. He used it to create socialized industries that were disasters. Government food stores were the worst, and they drove better-run private grocers out of business.

Here are some good excerpts from this wiki page about Chavez economic policies:      
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_policy_of_the_Hugo_Ch%C3%A1vez_administration

Price controls
    In 2017, Venezuela had the highest annual inflation in the region. Source: CIA World Factbook

The Venezuelan government also set price controls in 2003 on around 400 basic foods in an effort according to the Washington Post, to "counter inflation and protect the poor", and in March 2009, they set minimum production quotas for 12 basic foods that were subject to price controls, including white rice, cooking oil, coffee, sugar, powdered milk, cheese, and tomato sauce.[44][45] However, the lack of free-floating currency meant that the government was overpaying for these foods, which led shortages as limited amount of these foods began to be imported, even while demand was growing.

From 2003, Chavez set strict price controls on food, and these price controls caused shortages and hoarding.[54] In January 2008, Chavez ordered the military to seize 750 tons of food that sellers were illegally trying to smuggle across the border to sell for higher prices than what was legal in Venezuela.[55] In February 2009, Chavez ordered the military to temporarily seize control of all the rice processing plants in the country and force them to produce at full capacity, which he claimed they had been avoiding in response to the price caps.[56] In May 2010, Chavez ordered the military to seize 120 tons of food from Empresas Polar.[57] In March 2009, Chavez set minimum production quotas for 12 basic foods that were subject to price controls, including white rice, cooking oil, coffee, sugar, powdered milk, cheese, and tomato sauce. Business leaders and food producers claimed that the government was forcing them to produce this food at a loss.[58] Chávez nationalized many large farms. Chávez said of the farmland, "The land is not private. It is the property of the state." Some of the farmland that had been productive while under private ownership is now idle under government ownership, and some of the farm equipment sits gathering dust. As a result, food production fell substantially. One farmer, referring to the government officials overseeing the land redistribution, stated, "These people know nothing about agriculture."[59] Chávez seized many supermarkets from their owners. Under government ownership, the shelves in these supermarkets are often empty.[60] In 2010, after the government nationalized the port at Puerto Cabello, more than 120,000 tons of food sat rotting at the port.[61] In May 2010, after price controls caused shortages of beef, at least 40 butchers were arrested, and some of them were held at a military base and later strip searched by police.[62]

When agricultural measures of the Chávez administration took effect, food imports rose dramatically, and such agricultural mainstays as beef, rice, and milk saw drops in production.[59] With declining oil revenues, food shortages became more widespread.[146] Venezuela faced serious food shortages, as the Chávez government's price controls distorted the market.[147][148]

In January 2008, Chávez ordered the military to seize 750 tons of food that sellers were illegally trying to smuggle across the border to sell for higher prices than what was legal in Venezuela.[55] In February 2009, Chávez ordered the military to temporarily seize control of all the rice processing plants in the country and force them to produce at full capacity, which he claimed they had been avoiding in response to the price caps.[149] In May 2010, Chávez ordered the military to seize 120 tons of food from Empresas Polar after inconsistencies in reports from the Empresas Polar conglomerate were said to have been detected by authorities.[150]

As part of his strategy of food security Chávez started a national chain of supermarkets, the Mercal network, which had 16,600 outlets and 85,000 employees that distributed food at highly discounted prices, and ran 6000 soup kitchens throughout the country.[151] In 2008 the amount of discounted food sold through the network was 1.25 million metric tonnes,[152] often sold at as much as 40% below the price ceiling set for privately owned stores. Simultaneously Chávez expropriated many private supermarkets.[151] The Mercal network was criticized by some commentators as being a part of Chávez's strategy to brand himself as a provider of cheap food, and the shops feature his picture prominently. The Mercal network was subject to frequent scarcities of basic staples such as meat, milk and sugar – and when scarce products arrived, shoppers had to wait in line.[151]

In March 2009, the Venezuelan government set minimum production quotas for 12 basic foods that were subject to price controls, including white rice, cooking oil, coffee, sugar, powdered milk, cheese, and tomato sauce, which is intended to stop food companies from evading the law. Business leaders and food producers claimed that the government was forcing them to produce this food at a loss.[153] Chávez expropriated and redistributed 5 million acres of farmland from large landowners, saying: "The land is not private. It is the property of the state... The land is for those who work it." But, the lack of basic resources made it difficult or impossible to make full use of the expropriated lands by its new tenants – leading to a lower overall degree of productivity in spite of a larger overall area of land under cultivation.[59]

In 2011, food prices in Caracas were nine times higher than when the price controls were put in place and resulted in shortages of cooking oil, chicken, powdered milk, cheese, sugar and meat.[154] Datanálisis, an independent polling firm found that powdered milk could be found in less than half of grocery stores in Venezuela and that liquid milk was even more scarce in the country.[155] Jose Guerra, former executive of the Central Bank of Venezuela (BCV) explained that Venezuela's large increases on purchasing food in 2012 and reserves that are at their lowest levels since 2004 contributed to dollar shortages that Venezuela suffered in the years following 2012.[156]

In 2007 14,383 tonnes of milk, rice, pasta, beef and chicken, worth $54 million were also abandoned. In 2010, after the government nationalized the port at Puerto Cabello, more than 120,000 tons of food worth 10.5 bolivares sat rotting at the port.[61][157] In May 2010, during a shortage of beef, at least 40 butchers were detained on charges of speculation for allegedly selling meat above the regulated price; some of them were held at a military base and later strip-searched by police.[158]

KVS: Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that he didn't make some good decisions like withdrawing Venezuela from the IMF since the IMF is a tool of western economic exploitation.  

Another one was addressing the extreme land inequality with land reform.  However, it could have been implemented better.  I also think the price controls on food was unnecessary and it caused more problems.  

This still doesn't negate like you alluded to the rich right wing elites who have oppressed the working class for a long time and their support for neoliberal economics.

What I think is what is needed in Latin American countries like Venezuela is to avoid the extremes. No, they certainly don't need right wing Austrian school libertarian economics that benefits the rich and the oligarchy; on the other hand, they don't need authoritarian hard left leaders who don't understand economics like Hugo Chavez. They need pro free market liberals who support the private sector but still care for the interests of the working class.

It seems that Latin American culture is incapable of producing such individuals.
    LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:03 am

That is too much thought for what is nothing more than modern siege warfare by the West against a developing country that has no ways of defending itself. It is like running over a guy with a truck and claiming the late's lack of health was his own fault. These bastards' place is at the ICC for crimes against humanity, then we can discuss economic policies in Venezuela all that we want. Anything else is a gross narrative manipulation.

PS: the elites in Latin America are rotten to the core, they are to 90% predatory treacherous scum of a scale hard to imagine in Europe and it is therefore fully logical that revolutions take place there, those countries will never develop unless that people is completely substituted. The elites you hope for do not exist, not because of the "bad" nature of the people there, but because of the interference and domination of neocolonial powers.
    andalusia

Post  andalusia Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:33 am

LMFS wrote:That is too much thought for what is nothing more than modern siege warfare by the West against a developing country that has no ways of defending itself. It is like running over a guy with a truck and claiming the late's lack of health was his own fault. These bastards' place is at the ICC for crimes against humanity, then we can discuss economic policies in Venezuela all that we want. Anything else is a gross narrative manipulation.

PS: the elites in Latin America are rotten to the core, they are to 90% predatory treacherous scum of a scale hard to imagine in Europe and it is therefore fully logical that revolutions take place there, those countries will never develop unless that people is completely substituted. The elites you hope for do not exist, not because of the "bad" nature of the people there, but because of the interference and domination of neocolonial powers.

I agree LMFS, the elites in Latin America are rotten to the core. The old Spanish socio-political culture that the region inherited has had an extremely negative and poisonous influence on their politics. I am not an expert on economics but it seems like some of Chavez's policies like the price controls of food was very bad policy and should have been avoided. I agree the region was never see economic prosperity as long as these white hispanic elites still exist as well as the US support of them.
    LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:26 am

andalusia wrote:
    I agree LMFS, the elites in Latin America are rotten to the core. The old Spanish socio-political culture that the region inherited has had an extremely negative and poisonous influence on their politics.  I am not an expert on economics but it seems like some of Chavez's policies like the price controls of food was very bad policy and should have been avoided.  I agree the region was never see economic prosperity as long as these white hispanic elites still exist as well as the US support of them.

I am not actually talking about the ethnic or cultural origin of today's South America as a problem, but about the colonial nature of their governance. This is not influenced by Spain but by US for many, many years now. Of course the countries being relatively new and having evolved as colonies (maybe that is what you mean) have not yet developed to the point of having proud patriotic elites to defend them, and controlling them is very easy for the empire. These people long being accepted in US and they are more than ready to sell their countries for it, they literally despise and hate their own fellow citizens and even deny their own ethnicity.

Chavismo has many shortcomings, but that is what happens always that elites are substituted, newer ones need to be formed, people need to grow patriotic feelings, economy needs to be run differently, a colonial, slavery-born and totally passive mindset needs to make way in the population to active citizenship. It is a painful process for which there are no shortcuts, the country needs to walk this path in its entirety. In particular talking about the price control and other invasive measures, the reality is that free markets are BS and in Venezuela every lever to stoke economic chaos is used by the empire and their agents in form of currency speculation, hoarding of food and basic conveniences, smuggling money out of the country on industrial scale etc etc etc. Literally all the tricks of the economic terrorism are used against the state and the state is totally entitled to take measures against it. In fact, the main problem of the Venezuelan government is how laid down they are. There are dozens of old oligarchs still doing as they please and taking the population hostage in their struggle against the government, a big number of opposition media calling for subversion and armed foreign intervention, Guaido is roaming free in the streets... nothing of this would happen in a Western country, in the US anyone doing one tenth of this would have been sent to the firing squad under war-time charges of high treason long time ago.

kvs and miketheterrible like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:23 pm

Actually, domestic food production increased under Chavez during the periods of using the additional money on their own people. It's just that it wasn't enough.

As for failed industries, that is debatable. If a state ran company operates for domestic consumption, then they can set the price and profit. Entirely though, sources of the raw materials have to come from somewhere and if imported, well, it becomes hard.

Issue was, Venezuela faced attacks on all fronts nearly. And so their economy was hit hard by the banks and so the currency collapsed. Thing is, currency collapse could mean little if the production is all in Venezuela. Issue was it isn't. They can change a lot of that or course. And they aren't alone as Iran for example is happy to trade with Venezuela and Iran also has a lot of technology and other resources that can benefit Venezuela.

This is the time where Venezuela can turn something like this into something good - look where they lack in necessary resources, and concentrate to fix that. Offer other third parties like Iran to build a petrol plant in Venezuela. Or Russia. Or China. Look towards using Chinese or Russian semiconductors. Look at Iran for food trade. Offer Cuba more food and oil for medicine trade and even joint venture in pharmaceutical production.

Lots of opportunities. Issue is, there are a lot of people within Venezuela trying to prevent this

LMFS likes this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:33 pm

miketheterrible wrote:Lots of opportunities.  Issue is, there are a lot of people within Venezuela trying to prevent this

Very true, and only countries that are brave today will be the ones that have sovereignty, inner resources and can become regional powers tomorrow.

People need to realize that even industrial powerhouses like Germany or Japan could be crashed overnight if they were left outside of world financial and industrial circuits and have their assets abroad stolen like Venezuela. Just a concerted shorting of Deutsche Bank could make Germany collapse in no time, then imagine any developing country. It is very unfair to blame Venezuela of our abuses.

magnumcromagnon and miketheterrible like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:50 am