Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+41
SeigSoloyvov
The-thing-next-door
Kimppis
xeno
HUNTER VZLA
syunsan
Walther von Oldenburg
DTA
Boshoed
PapaDragon
max steel
Arctic_Fox
Sunbeam
Vann7
Book.
2SPOOKY4U
Regular
OminousSpudd
kvs
Airbornewolf
Zivo
collegeboy16
flamming_python
Manov
VladimirSahin
Morpheus Eberhardt
As Sa'iqa
CosPetia
NationalRus
KomissarBojanchev
magnumcromagnon
AlfaT8
higurashihougi
Mike E
Werewolf
Viktor
GarryB
TR1
Admin
Stealthflanker
sepheronx
45 posters

Video Games Thread

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Video Games Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Video Games Thread

Post  PapaDragon Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:33 am

lyle6 wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:Game looks interesting but I've never been a fan of top down games personally.
    Its a side scroller.

Speaking of side scrollers I have some awesome ones I'd like to recommend:

Deadlight is horror game with big psychological undertone and awesome gameplay

And then there's DuckTales Remastered

It's modern update of classic one and believe me it's just as amazing, I loved the hell this game ever since I played it in grade school when I borrowed my friend's GameBoy for an afternoon... and didn't return it until two weeks later (don't judge me, you all did something similar!!!)

Airbornewolf likes this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:26 am

when sacrificing one's self is just not enough...

An war, where tactics and strategy is ...irrelevant.
    Nothing in the galaxy will satiate this enemy.
    It will not be satisfied with your destruction, your subjucation.
    Your biological essence itself is an resource to be consumed.

It will never stop untill it has grinded all of sentient life down into an genetic paste.

If this is to be the Final Hour.
    It will be one of Resistance.

https://youtu.be/UaA7jP6rIvk?t=185

Praised be our immortal god emperor.

Our beacon in Darkness. Our salvation.
    May his angels of Vengeance burn an righteous path of retribution against the Alien, The Mutant, The Heretic.

PapaDragon likes this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:16 am

Anyone here like retro pixel art in games?.

How about some old fashioned retro tug of war? Wink.

It is called warpips on Steam. around 10 euro's.
    its still E.A but it is great fun!.

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:26 am

That looks fun

I will be getting fresh gaming rig soon (been stuck with my Linux PC for a long time due to life related BS) so I will go nuts

I have 3 years worth of backlog to clear and winter is coming, it's going to be epic attack

Airbornewolf likes this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:22 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    That looks fun

I will be getting fresh gaming rig soon (been stuck with my Linux PC for a long time due to life related BS) so I will go nuts

I have 3 years worth of backlog to clear and winter is coming, it's going to be epic attack

If you ever get bored, drop me an PM and ill help you out. Cool

Also #PCGAMINGMASTERRACE

Video Games Thread - Page 15 Minima10
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:30 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    That looks fun

Just make sure you ignore this tutorial at all costs Wink
    no doubt you have seen this somewhere, it was hard to avoid on the PC building community.

out of curiosity, going for an AMD build? or Intell/Nvidia? Wink.

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:11 am

Not sure what happened to this game... from 3 years ago...

Have seen someone else play this game and they were smarter than this guy... further down the road is a cemetary filled with zombies so he went down there and stirred up all the zombies and led them back to this bandit camp and they mostly killed each other...
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:25 pm

Airbornewolf wrote:...out of curiosity, going for an AMD build? or Intell/Nvidia? Wink.

AMD build this time

Hardware prices have gone through the roof thanks to Bitcoin shitheads so I gotta be frugal

Plus they finally ditched their tradition of making CPUs that overheat like crazy so that was also big factor in decision

Luckily for me that 3 year backlog is working to my advantage, majority of those games​ are old enough to be handled by even mid-range PC today so silver linings

Stuff like Valkyria Chronicles 4 pretty much runs on a toaster Cool

GarryB wrote:Not sure what happened to this game... from 3 years ago......

Probably lost forever in Kickstarter purgatory

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:15 pm

I have a few builds.

AMD Ryzen 5800 and a Intel 10700KF machine. I have a 6800xt, 2 3080's, 3 3070's, 4 3070 ti's, 2 3060 ti's and 2 3060's (and 1 Vega 56).

The 3060 by itself is a decent GPU and it can still be had for a decent price if you just go in at right time at a big distributor. I tend to find at least once a week a RTX GPU at my local shop. I just refuse to pay $2200 CAD for a 3080ti.

I use the 3060 for my gaming if I do any (which I barely do these days).

If anything, skip AMD's GPU's. While the 6800xt is great in rasterization performance, the simple fact of having DLSS 2.0 and decent RTX capabilities, a 3060 is a far better option for its price. But if you can pick up a 3060 ti for about $100 more, I recommend it immensely over the 3060 as its generally about 30 - 40% better in performance wise.

CPU wise, I dont see much of any a difference between the 5800 and the 10700. 10400F is a fantastic value for CPU's and you wouldn't go wrong getting one of those if its cheaper. Mind you, a 5600x is a much better CPU overall performance.

I also use a lot of Xeons and I would say that even Xeons like the E5-1650 v4, if can be picked up for cheap, is a fantastic CPU.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:34 am

Ah, the Nvidia monopoly. They have a good racket going with the game developers. The Nvidia pseudo-ray tracing and image
    interpolation hardware is not really on another plane compared to AMD. It is merely that chintsy games pretend that they can't
    run on the AMD hardware.

These days there is zero excuse for having a preferred GPU maker for games development. They can optimize for both AMD and
    Nvidia. None of these hacks is spending any time coming up with better code algorithms and actually targeting a specific GPU
    architecture. They use library coding modules. So it makes no frelling difference which GPU these modules are optimized for.
    But Nvidia gives them money so they whore for it.

There are videos on Youtube by people who do 3D CGI for a living showing how custom code can mop the floor with the library
    approach. If you want to know why there is hardware bloat over time, you now know why.

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:59 am

kvs wrote:Ah, the Nvidia monopoly.   They have a good racket going with the game developers.   The Nvidia pseudo-ray tracing and image
    interpolation hardware is not really on another plane compared to AMD.   It is merely that chintsy games pretend that they can't
    run on the AMD hardware.  

These days there is zero excuse for having a preferred GPU maker for games development.   They can optimize for both AMD and
    Nvidia.   None of these hacks is spending any time coming up with better code algorithms and actually targeting a specific GPU
    architecture.   They use library coding modules.  So it makes no frelling difference which GPU these modules are optimized for.
    But Nvidia gives them money so they whore for it.

There are videos on Youtube by people who do 3D CGI for a living showing how custom code can mop the floor with the library
    approach.   If you want to know why there is hardware bloat over time, you now know why.    

Well, you can thank the whole "the way its meant to be played".

But I will give it to AMD, with their development and constant updating of FSR, it gives AMD GPU's a huge boost. But yeah, the Ray Tracing could be well optimized for AMD GPU's. Ray Tracing is all Tensor cores for Nvidia while AMD usings the FP32 I believe? Anyway, it is just shit optimization.

I have seen custom made reflections which looks just as good as Ray Tracing on older games without needing ray tracing. I believe RT is simply a lazy mans way to implement "realistic" lighting.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:08 pm

Probably lost forever in Kickstarter purgatory

Bugger... seemed to be a stalker like game set in Russia but obviously in 3D isometric...

When I was building computers I tended to actually prefer AMD because they changed motherboard slots less often so you could buy the best mother board you could afford and put a cheaper CPU in it. After a few years you could upgrade by putting a better CPU in it when that new CPU is not so leading edge expensive any more.

The initial build would also save money with just using one memory slot but after a few years that memory type will be cheaper too so buy three more cards and boost performance relatively cheaply.

Of course I was spoilt because my brother gave me his Voodoo 2 twin card set up in the late 1990s so even though it didn't have a lot of memory compared with today it could run any game available at the time easily... though I did have to upgrade to a Geforce Ti when Il-2:1946 came around the mid naughties.
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:24 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:...out of curiosity, going for an AMD build? or Intell/Nvidia? Wink.

AMD build this time

Hardware prices have gone through the roof thanks to Bitcoin shitheads so I gotta be frugal

Plus they finally ditched their tradition of making CPUs that overheat like crazy so that was also big factor in decision

Luckily for me that 3 year backlog is working to my advantage, majority of those games​ are old enough to be handled by even mid-range PC today so silver linings

Stuff like Valkyria Chronicles 4 pretty much runs on a toaster Cool

Nice!. AMD is a good choice too nowadays.
    i know about the overheating CPU's, Intell takes the crown nowadays with those.
    I got myself an I9-9900K. it really is an miniature Tshjernobyl.
    I got an 360 AIO, but under full load you see my PC going like "oh shit!,...do i need to ramp up the pump and fans?".
    Me: "75 degees?...."

Video Games Thread - Page 15 Ec1xrr10

The bitcoin miners, i share your frustrations.
    do not forget the scalpers Wink.

I think its safe to say we wont be friends ever with certain people in society Razz.

It is such an waste to see racks upon racks of GPU's waste away in Mining.
    While they each could power an reasonable powered PC.
    I went trough that rant a while ago. So i will not repeat here.

Im curious to see what you assemble together! Wink.

I really do not want to meddle with anything, but just do not go with an stock cooler.
    an aftermarket CPU cooler just saves a lot of noise.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:00 pm