Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Video Games Thread

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Video Games Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Video Games Thread

Post  PapaDragon Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:31 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:You must be kidding, New Vegas is widely considered the best of the Fallout series across the board...

Which doesn't change the fact that New Vegas was a pain to play through and that Caesar's Legion is dogshit game breaker

magnumcromagnon wrote:better stability (Bethesda Studio games are notoriously buggy)...

I will take it you haven't played New Vegas at launch

Other than that every game runs smooth after 200 patch downloads

magnumcromagnon wrote:...and do you know what's the big kicker? Obsidian Studios managed to develop the main game under 2 years (18 months to be exact), while Fallout 3 took 7 years for the main game to be developed. ...

One started from scratch while other had 90% ready made?

It's hardly a kicker, more like logical outcome

Besides, this is just personal preference

The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

Post  The-thing-next-door Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:53 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

New Vegas has some of those same problems but even worse was Caesar's Legion, those assholes were wearing nothing but panties but could take more damage than a super mutant in heavy armor even though they were supposed to be just normal humans

I know it's a game but they still need to at least try to get it to make some sense

Ah yes I have to agree. Ceasars legion as a faction is just all around silly and does drag the whole setting down with it in some ways, though I guess this is what one should expect from americans attempting to write politics.

I can put up with new vegas's bad writing, but the again I love EDF despite its stupidity and believe me EDF has almost as much stupidity in it as an american high rise.

I guess some people can better ignore the dumb crap in media than others, though what I tend to hate most is when westerners try to delve into things they have no business tring to comprehend, like politics or philosophy. I do wonder if Russian game developers actually decided to make RPG's if we would actually be able to have a game with a good political conflict.

PapaDragon likes this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:36 am

PapaDragon wrote:Which doesn't change the fact that New Vegas was a pain to play through and that Caesar's Legion is dogshit game breaker  

New Vegas actually allows you to join the evil faction (The Legion), Fallout 3 robs you role playing with the main evil faction, and they made you a villain for sending your radiation-immune Super Mutant companion (Fawkes) in to the radioactive water purifier room. Absolute dreadful writing with terrible plot holes: radioactive 'water purifier' that makes you a villain for having the guy immune to gamma radiation fix the water purifier for you.

PapaDragon wrote:I will take it you haven't played New Vegas at launch

Other than that every game runs smooth after  200 patch downloads

Wrong again here. I pre-ordered New Vegas the Fall of 2010, played it and installed it day 1. In a playthrough with over 100 hours worth of saves in a base game install, Fallout 3 was far more prone to crash to desktop, I've experience far less CTD's in a similar playthrough despite New Vegas being more hardware intensive. Fallout 3 was prone to CTD's because of Bugthesda's stamp of save bloat with all the 'dirty' and 'broken' edits in it's packaged BSA assets. Fallout 3 far less tolerant of modding and was more prone to completely breaking with mods compared to New Vegas. But the most objective evidence of greater stability is the fact Fallout 3's world space and campaign is actually far more stable and less prone to CTD's when it's assets are being emulated in New Vegas (alongside NV's assets, campaign, and world space) with the Tale of Two Wastelands mod. The TTW mod is by far the most objective evidence of this when it can squeeze both games in to one lmao! lol1

PapaDragon wrote:One started from scratch while other had 90% ready made?

It's hardly a kicker, more like logical outcome

From scratch lol? The Gamebryo Engine existed before Bethesda Studios 'licensed' to use the engine, Gamebase USA and Gamebase Co., Ltd created the Gamebyro Engine. The modding community with the TTW mod and the recent Frontier mod have proven that Bethesda asset creation is quite pitiful, lets not even get in to what Skyrim's modding community has done. Bethesda games have been riddled with game breaking save file destroying bugs since 1996 release of Daggerfall, and were notoriously plagued with save file bloat. Speaking about the year 1996, the original Tomb Raider game came out in that same year and had working ladder-climbing animations back then, meanwhile in 2021 Bethesda Studios still hasn't mastered how to animate climbing ladders 25 years later. The Havok physics engine was utilized masterfully in Half-Life 2, and was utilized poorly in Fallout 3. There isn't any real excuses left for Bugthesda and their corner-cutting mediocrity.

kvs likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:52 am

I just want a decent Army simulator like Operation Flashpoint was, but Russian Army...

They could base it on their current software... the Il-2 game has expanded to include ground forces and the design models of the tanks inside and out are as amazing as the planes which they have always done exceptionally well.

I understand the current capabilities and performance is probably something they want to keep secret but a game where you can time travel and try earlier combat in different places with older machines (air and ground) and use older firearms and equipment would be a massive task but they could do it in pieces... they already internally model vehicles for War Thunder and the like, and as shown above they already have an infantry game in beta.

Right now that Beta seems to have gotten the drone awareness level too low, but if they got it too high you would get drones that see all and hear all and shoot perfectly so instead of running forward with dumb stupid drones trailing behind you you would be at the back sending your drones forward to wipe out enemy players for you...

Ironically in the real world you can't have drones set that twitchy or they will start shooting at anything and everything...

Games like STALKER were good because they had real guns even if with stupid names, but Metro just went too far in weird unrecognisable...

I like playing with Makarovs and TT-33s and PSMs and perhaps even Stechkins as well as new and experimental pistols and weapons.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:56 am

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:How to fix stuttering cutscenes in Assassin's Creed: Oddysey? The game is fully fluid during gameplay but during cutscenes it stutters.

BTW I Liked fallout but I never fully accepted it's retrofuturism. I would very much prefer a post-apo game without it and with more lush ecosystem - Fallout 4 takes place 200 years after the war and vegetation is mostly limited yellow-brownish grass and some feeble trees. IRL everything would recover in several decades.

better video card with more memory at least 8GB, hard drive defrag , more system ram ,at least 16GB
    and make sure hard drive have plenty of space too , data is slower to read if your hard disk is nearly full. at least 1 tera byte free of space and frequent defragment them , windows operating system have a free defragment application included.
    Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:38 pm

USA: We developed the Battlefield game, here is a cool trailer and gameplay showing our military the coolest!

Russia: OK

Tell me, would you like to play such a Russian game?
    Smile

GarryB and AlfaT8 like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:22 am

Even just with old gear...
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:13 pm

Phlydaily is a guy who plays War Thunder and posts his videos on Youtube...

This is a video he made using a space simulator game that looks rather cool... he made a Proton rocket and he flys it up to a space station and then returns to earth...

Looks good...

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:33 pm

interesting Russia game , by Russian publisher. and looks fun too.
    a zombie game.

The Day Before - Official Exclusive Combat Gameplay (4K) | IGN Fan Fest 2021

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:26 am

Looks to be set in the US aimed at a western audience... suspect it will be tailored to western players, and just be a Russian made version of western stuff... boring.
    lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:35 am

Its an MMO. Hard pass.
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:08 pm

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:46 am

lyle6 wrote:Its an MMO. Hard pass.

Amen to this thumbsup

MMOs are universally trash

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:02 am

Not trying to be Funny but Russia should do their own propaganda version of Syria in a video game.
    lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:17 am

thegopnik wrote:
    Not trying to be Funny but Russia should do their own propaganda version of Syria in a video game.

Who gives a shit - Its propaganda. No amount of Kurdish girlboss slaughtering Russian brutes is going to make up for the fact that they are lousy fighters in reality and that the US let the Turks have a go at them just because it was the most convenient thing to do at the time.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:02 am