Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russia Tank Force: Present and Future (Numbers)

Hole
    Hole

Russia Tank Force: Present and Future (Numbers) - Page 8 Empty Re: Russia Tank Force: Present and Future (Numbers)

Post  Hole on Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:51 pm

Yes, new ones will be build.
    franco
    franco

Russia Tank Force: Present and Future (Numbers) - Page 8 Empty Re: Russia Tank Force: Present and Future (Numbers)

Post  franco on Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:06 pm

miketheterrible wrote:Negative on the T-90 since it was mentioned to get around ~500 T-90M tanks.  Unless they reopen production of T-90 tanks to build new ones, I think they plant to just upgrade.  Unless they are building new ones as well as upgrade.

I wonder if they will decide to upgrade all the T-80's to the BVM designation and send them in the arctic?  Would make a great tank for the arctic forces.

T-90's are to be a combination of new (M) and upgrades (AM). The first 60 ordered are 10 new and 50 upgrades. The T-90 is still in production for exports so this will not tax them. Should actually create some foreign sales. They are talking about 300-400 T-80BVM's. No mention if the 200 T-80U's will get an upgrade.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:18 pm

franco wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:Negative on the T-90 since it was mentioned to get around ~500 T-90M tanks.  Unless they reopen production of T-90 tanks to build new ones, I think they plant to just upgrade.  Unless they are building new ones as well as upgrade.

I wonder if they will decide to upgrade all the T-80's to the BVM designation and send them in the arctic?  Would make a great tank for the arctic forces.

T-90's are to be a combination of new (M) and upgrades (AM). The first 60 ordered are 10 new and 50 upgrades. The T-90 is still in production for exports so this will not tax them. Should actually create some foreign sales. They are talking about 300-400 T-80BVM's. No mention if the 200 T-80U's will get an upgrade.

I sure hope they do. Streamlining the tank upgrades is a must to reduce cost and get full potential. The T-80U is past its prime in capabilities and needs the thermal optics and what not.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:48 am