Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+50
The_Observer
Yugo90
Kiko
slasher
AlfaT8
Big_Gazza
KoTeMoRe
Tsavo Lion
miketheterrible
par far
Backman
medo
LMFS
Rodion_Romanovic
magnumcromagnon
Hole
Tai Hai Chen
lyle6
Begome
Godric
RTN
Isos
Werewolf
Singular_Transform
Vann7
auslander
Viktor
littlerabbit
Ispan
calripson
jhelb
Karl Haushofer
SeigSoloyvov
PhSt
TheArmenian
kvs
PapaDragon
ATLASCUB
Regular
VARGR198
JohninMK
flamming_python
George1
franco
ultimatewarrior
Odin of Ossetia
Cyberspec
Walther von Oldenburg
nero
GarryB
54 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #28

JohninMK
    JohninMK

The Situation in the Ukraine. #28 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #28

Post  JohninMK Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:26 pm

littlerabbit wrote:
    It looks to me new war is inevitable in the mind of Kiev/Washington. I believe it will start as soon as mud disappears. They are spending a lot of money for troops maneuvering and concentration, too costly to stop the war machine. That is my humble opinion.  scratch  

Looks like they have left it too late given the ground warming up.

They are going to have to send everyone back to barracks or keep them, very expensively in terms of cost and morale, where they are.

When that CVN69 cruiser leaves the Black Sea is likely an indicator its all over.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

The Situation in the Ukraine. #28 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #28

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:35 pm

littlerabbit wrote:It looks to me new war is inevitable in the mind of Kiev/Washington. I believe it will start as soon as mud disappears. They are spending a lot of money for troops maneuvering and concentration, too costly to stop the war machine. That is my humble opinion.  scratch  

The Pukerainians will puke where they puke, which is all too familiar to them as they already took a shit where they ate.
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #28 - Page 40 1574781646_6bnylobeuu0

littlerabbit likes this post

VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:53 pm

The Pukerainians will puke where they puke, which is all too familiar to them as they already took a shit where they ate.
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #28 - Page 40 1574781646_6bnylobeuu0[/quote]

I'm not much of a fan of these new Ukrainian Navy ships.

GarryB, kvs and littlerabbit like this post

littlerabbit
    littlerabbit

Post  littlerabbit Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:37 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    littlerabbit wrote:
    It looks to me new war is inevitable in the mind of Kiev/Washington. I believe it will start as soon as mud disappears. They are spending a lot of money for troops maneuvering and concentration, too costly to stop the war machine. That is my humble opinion.  scratch  

Looks like they have left it too late given the ground warming up.

They are going to have to send everyone back to barracks or keep them, very expensively in terms of cost and morale, where they are.

When that CVN69 cruiser leaves the Black Sea is likely an indicator its all over.

True, but it will look very bad for their politicians, especially for their leading clown. Wink

That's why I think they could decide to risk and wait for dry ground.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:34 pm

Interfax-AVN 16:30 Ukraine to call up 14,246 conscripts for fixed-term military service in April-June 2021
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:47 pm

franco wrote:Interfax-AVN 16:30 Ukraine to call up 14,246 conscripts for fixed-term military service in April-June 2021

They can't even handle "winter" campaigns anymore.

littlerabbit
    littlerabbit

Post  littlerabbit Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:09 pm

Tue, 23 March 2021, 11:27 pm
    Kiev believes that the majority of the Ukrainian population supports the use of force in the Donbass and Crimea

The majority of Ukrainians are in favor of the forceful scenario of "de-occupation" of not only Donbass, but also Crimea.

This was discussed by the participants of the press conference in Kiev.

“We raised the question of whether the Ukrainians agree with the need for a military operation to restore territorial integrity in relation to Donbass and Crimea.

We have posed these questions separately. 42 percent of Ukrainians agree that a military operation is necessary to restore territorial integrity in Donbass, about 25 percent of the opposite opinion.

And 37.4 percent believe that a military operation should also be carried out in relation to Crimea, and 27 percent of those who disagree with this. That is, the majority of Ukrainians are more inclined to a military operation in Donbass than in relation to Crimea.

It is interesting that a year ago in March we raised the question of whether Ukraine needs to develop a scenario for a military operation, then the question was about Crimea. And then more than 37 percent did not agree with this. In September, we repeated and received similar data, ”Anna Osipchuk, scientific director of the School of Political Analytics at NaUKMA, announced the statistics.

In turn, the Deputy Minister for the Reintegration of the "temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine" Igor Yaremenko admitted that he was frankly amazed by these indicators.

“I never could have thought that so many people are considering the possibility of any kind of military operation. This is also a certain signal from the side of society, ”Yaremenko commented.

However, he was quickly found, suggesting that this option does not provide for military clashes with the Russian army, which the Armed Forces of Ukraine is incapable of, but for the Ukrainian army to clean up the “liberated” territories.

“I am not a supporter of a military operation, but even peaceful reintegration, that is, when an occupying country leaves the occupied territory, we understand that the first to enter the occupied territory after its liberation, in any case, are the military. So I think we should take it in this context.

Because, frankly, I do not see the capabilities of the military today, from the point of view of de-occupation of the occupied territories. We must clearly understand that we are opposing the Russian Federation, not some kind of proxy, but the Russian Federation - the country with the second nuclear potential in the world, with the most powerful army in Europe, well, with all the corresponding consequences, "- explained the employee of the" minoccupation " ...

“Therefore, I have great respect for our military, but I would like to save the lives of our people in the same way. Therefore, I consider these figures in this context, ”concluded Igor Yaremenko.
    Information department

Guys, check this out Exclamation Question

Here is the link:

https://asd.news/news/v-kieve-schitayut-chto-bolshinstvo-naseleniya-ukrainy-podderzhivaet-silovoy-variant-v-donbasse-i-kry/

VARGR198 likes this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:36 pm

Largest nuclear potential in the world. If they make a mistake in that regard it tells you all you need to know about the rest of that "referendum".
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:57 pm

JohninMK wrote:

She's gone. Now for the wait until the ground dries out.

Yörük Işık
    @YorukIsik
    ·
    12h
    Part of the Dwight D. Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group, @USNavy
    ’s Ticonderago class cruiser USS Monterey departed BlackSea after participating in @navy_romanian
    exercise #SeaShield21 & transited Bosphorus towards Med carrying HSM-74’s #SwampFox MH-60R Seahawk aft.#StrongerTogether

VARGR198 and littlerabbit like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:03 pm

littlerabbit wrote:
    Tue, 23 March 2021, 11:27 pm
    Kiev believes that the majority of the Ukrainian population supports the use of force in the Donbass and Crimea

The majority of Ukrainians are in favor of the forceful scenario of "de-occupation" of not only Donbass, but also Crimea.

This was discussed by the participants of the press conference in Kiev.

“We raised the question of whether the Ukrainians agree with the need for a military operation to restore territorial integrity in relation to Donbass and Crimea.

We have posed these questions separately. 42 percent of Ukrainians agree that a military operation is necessary to restore territorial integrity in Donbass, about 25 percent of the opposite opinion.

And 37.4 percent believe that a military operation should also be carried out in relation to Crimea, and 27 percent of those who disagree with this. That is, the majority of Ukrainians are more inclined to a military operation in Donbass than in relation to Crimea.

It is interesting that a year ago in March we raised the question of whether Ukraine needs to develop a scenario for a military operation, then the question was about Crimea. And then more than 37 percent did not agree with this. In September, we repeated and received similar data, ”Anna Osipchuk, scientific director of the School of Political Analytics at NaUKMA, announced the statistics.

In turn, the Deputy Minister for the Reintegration of the "temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine" Igor Yaremenko admitted that he was frankly amazed by these indicators.

“I never could have thought that so many people are considering the possibility of any kind of military operation. This is also a certain signal from the side of society, ”Yaremenko commented.

However, he was quickly found, suggesting that this option does not provide for military clashes with the Russian army, which the Armed Forces of Ukraine is incapable of, but for the Ukrainian army to clean up the “liberated” territories.

“I am not a supporter of a military operation, but even peaceful reintegration, that is, when an occupying country leaves the occupied territory, we understand that the first to enter the occupied territory after its liberation, in any case, are the military. So I think we should take it in this context.

Because, frankly, I do not see the capabilities of the military today, from the point of view of de-occupation of the occupied territories. We must clearly understand that we are opposing the Russian Federation, not some kind of proxy, but the Russian Federation - the country with the second nuclear potential in the world, with the most powerful army in Europe, well, with all the corresponding consequences, "- explained the employee of the" minoccupation " ...

“Therefore, I have great respect for our military, but I would like to save the lives of our people in the same way. Therefore, I consider these figures in this context, ”concluded Igor Yaremenko.
    Information department

Guys, check this out Exclamation Question

Here is the link:

https://asd.news/news/v-kieve-schitayut-chto-bolshinstvo-naseleniya-ukrainy-podderzhivaet-silovoy-variant-v-donbasse-i-kry/

So they ask 1,000 selected people, give them "options" and they are "surprised" by the results.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:08 pm

I think they should listen to 37.4 perfect and go for it

It's better to burn out than to fade away Razz

slasher, Rodion_Romanovic, miketheterrible, littlerabbit and LMFS like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:42 pm

It would be a good way for Russia to officially remove a headache that is Ukraine.

littlerabbit likes this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:09 pm

I can believe the people they polled think that, chances are they took samples from western Ukraine which is heavy anti-russian, so that would make sense

VARGR198 likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:10 am

Wonder how many they polled were of conscription age, or had children in the military...

Or maybe they targeted sheep who believe everything their government tells them and that the poor victims in Crimea need to be rescued from evil Russian oppression... take those Russian rifles away from the backs of their heads so they are free to ask for help from Kiev...

They possibly should not conduct polls in mental institutions...     Razz

Regarding whether they should be using opinion polls to decide military adventurism, that is a pretty strange way of doing things...

But it does bring to mind Russia... played by Clint Eastwood... with the bad guy thinking about whether to solve his problems by reaching for a gun... saying.... Go Ahead... Make My Day... the obvious difference is that as Russia walked up to the Ukraine you could see him reload 6 fresh rounds into his revolver...

flamming_python, littlerabbit and LMFS like this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:52 am

The fact remains that the orcs will do what they are ordered to do by SehSha. End of argument. If they are ordered to attack Novorossiya, IOW a real, concerted attack irregardless of the daily and ever increasing bombardments of mainly civilian areas, then NAF has no choice but to fight like the third monkey. This one is for all the marbles and will decide the fate of empires and the world as we knew it will be over, albeit changing now with the new admin in SehSha aka Obama 2.0.

The Empire is in terminal decline but neither VVP nor Xi will allow it to collapse overnight, that will be a danger the likes of which our world has never seen. The two premier statesmen in this world will move heaven and earth to allow the empire to slowly and gently decline with as little economic, political and military turmoil as possible.

GarryB, medo, JohninMK, littlerabbit and LMFS like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:07 am

auslander wrote:The fact remains that the orcs will do what they are ordered to do by SehSha. End of argument. If they are ordered to attack Novorossiya, IOW a real, concerted attack irregardless of the daily and ever increasing bombardments of mainly civilian areas, then NAF has no choice but to fight like the third monkey. This one is for all the marbles and will decide the fate of empires and the world as we knew it will be over, albeit changing now with the new admin in SehSha aka Obama 2.0.

The Empire is in terminal decline but neither VVP nor Xi will allow it to collapse overnight, that will be a danger the likes of which our world has never seen. The two premier statesmen in this world will move heaven and earth to allow the empire to slowly and gently decline with as little economic, political and military turmoil as possible.

Quite right. The Chinese are already calling for, allegedly with the full agreement of their Russian colleagues, US 'co-operation' into transiting into a multi-polar world

GarryB likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:20 pm