Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+65
KoTeMoRe
Airbornewolf
T-47
nomadski
lulldapull
Azi
Walther von Oldenburg
Austin
Aristide
BlackArrow
flamming_python
Cyberspec
Admin
gaurav
Givi
Neutrality
Nikander
Cheetah
fredleander
Manov
lycantrop
TheArmenian
onwiththewar
mnztr
par far
calm
miketheterrible
auslander
Hannibal Barca
Odin of Ossetia
MechanizedOne
Kimppis
0nillie0
Arctic_Fox
YG_AJ
Airman
zorobabel
Mindstorm
Vann7
ZoA
LaVictoireEstLaVie
Godric
ult
GunshipDemocracy
Regular
KomissarBojanchev
Karl Haushofer
starman
Isos
archangelski
SeigSoloyvov
ultimatewarrior
JohninMK
d_taddei2
BKP
George1
GarryB
KiloGolf
Karbafoz
eehnie
franco
crod
AlfaT8
ATLASCUB
medo
69 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

kvs
    kvs

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 14 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

Post  kvs Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:53 am

Militarov wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:
    eehnie wrote:Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 14 Forpost

http://in24.org/world/30302?utm_source=warfiles.ru
    This is the israeli model of UAV that Russia is operating, if I'm not wrong.

Yes, Russian built version of the Searcher II

Ukraine is not the main responsible under these attacks. They would do it before in Novorussia

The type of explosive used in the drone munitions is not widely available. It's produced in Ukraine among a few other places hence they suspect it might have been supplied from there....but yeah, no definite proof so far

I prefer term "Russian assembled". Its Russian built as much as Fiat is Serbian built.

Would the mods give this troll a 5 day vacation like the other clown? Troll is the correct tag here given
    this clown's BS about how Russia can't replace precious Ukr marine turbine engines. If visitors of this
    board have to wade through NATO fanboi drivel, then there is not much point to this forum. This forum
    does not need to meet NATO fanboi fora half way. The web needs a pro-Russia forum to counteract
    the tide of anti-Russian propaganda coming from NATO (and its hordes of fanbois).

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 14 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

Post  Guest Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:53 pm

miketheterrible wrote:Apparently a good portion of it's components are indeed made in Russia. Not just assembled. Like Ford engines and various car parts use actual Russian components. But, of course the company part of agreements had to choose location of were parts come from, etc.

I know you think Russia does not produce electronic parts, or parts for anything and just assembles everything and imports everything.  But you are too far behind in the times.  May have been the case 10 years ago, not now.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/russia-developing-unmanned-forpost-m-435419/

Dubbed Forpost-M, the design will carry some Russian-developed payloads and datalinks. Russian sources say that some local companies have already received work orders to supply the required systems, and indicate that the United Instrument Making Corporation Rostek will be the lead contractor.

Some sources, claim, maybe, might... i can claim many things myself, doesnt make it true. Furthermore you are in your post refering to Forpost-M which at this moment doesnt rly exist, and which is supposed to be Russian UAV based on Searcher. https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/russia-developing-unmanned-forpost-m-435419/

Also parts produced in Russia, no many of which are btw, are licenced.

Mission equipment in part is probably Russian, noone questions that, if it wasnt it would be very sad.

Last edited by Militarov on Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:01 am; edited 2 times in total

Post  Guest Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:56 pm

kvs wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:
    eehnie wrote:Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 14 Forpost

http://in24.org/world/30302?utm_source=warfiles.ru
    This is the israeli model of UAV that Russia is operating, if I'm not wrong.

Yes, Russian built version of the Searcher II

Ukraine is not the main responsible under these attacks. They would do it before in Novorussia

The type of explosive used in the drone munitions is not widely available. It's produced in Ukraine among a few other places hence they suspect it might have been supplied from there....but yeah, no definite proof so far

I prefer term "Russian assembled". Its Russian built as much as Fiat is Serbian built.

Would the mods give this troll a 5 day vacation like the other clown?    Troll is the correct tag here given
    this clown's BS about how Russia can't replace precious Ukr marine turbine engines.    If visitors of this
    board have to wade through NATO fanboi drivel, then there is not much point to this forum.   This forum
    does not need to meet NATO fanboi fora half way.   The web needs a pro-Russia forum to counteract
    the tide of anti-Russian propaganda coming from NATO (and its hordes of fanbois).

Stop doing Ctrl + V with your replies to me i dont care what you personally think. Come once to the comment with some argument beside "NATO fanboy" or something, stop being fkn child.
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:24 am

Neither this drone or the Steyr weapon cited before are between the most modern material in the Russian arsenals. And this is why they are present in this war. In the case of the Steryr weapon very likely until exhaustion. Modern material only appears in this war for testing, and not even the most modern material. To note that Syria is using these Steyr weapons too.

In the case of the drone, with the likely exhaustion of the Yak-Pchela drone this one becomes the second technologically oldest drone in the Russian arsenals, only after the Tu-143/243. So it is not rare to see it strongly used in Syria, used in Syria, if necessary until exhaustion. Even it is possible that some units of this drone can be given to Syria as military help.

Russia likes to prove that the sanctions make not the country unable of continue producing foreign material under license, but when the total reverse engineering is proved, the production of western material is rapidly stopped. Russia really needs not to addopt this drone at this point. Technologically is so poor and cheap as is evident. The Russian systems inside are of higher value.

Last edited by eehnie on Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:36 am

Built and Assembled are very similar... I have a friend who builds engines... he does not make any of the parts himself and nor did he design the engines he builds... he is basically just assembling them.
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:04 pm

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 14 Forpost

Look, look, look at this high tech landing gear. How would Russia build something like that without the technological help of Israel. How can Russia do something more than assembly it...
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:16 pm

Al-Qaeda & friends (Jaysh al-Nasr) claim to have downed an Su-25 near Saraqib:

https://twitter.com/op_shield/status/959799216582381568

https://twitter.com/op_shield/status/959803005859180544
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:26 pm

Crash site of the downed Su-25: https://twitter.com/QalaatAlMudiq/status/959807906374963200

Rebels claim they have captured the Russian pilot
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:27 pm

Pilot is dead i will not post that photo.

Царство небесное парню.

Video of plane
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:30 pm

https://m.vk.com/video-149898754_456240185?list=club149898754%2Fpl_-149898754_-2

Video of jihadis and the crashed plane.

RIP pilot.

Lucky shot I guess since the Su-25 is supposed to be able to handle a manpad hit.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:55 pm

Apparently there is now excessive activity of Russian airforce bombing the area, and claims Turkey tried to rescue the Russian pilot.

Now all Russian jets are flying higher altitude since the Su-25 was flying very low.

IR/IIR are still a major threat since majority of jets lack the UV sensors needed to auto detect the missiles.
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:59 pm

^^
    They were lucky. First RuAF plane to be shot down by "rebels" in Syria.

The missile damaged the engine forcing the pilot to eject.
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 14 DVHp6YFWkAAdLlp

I remember this one in Georgia, survived similar accident.
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 14 81bc17f30115bdab48496c81b9ee88fc--georgian-american-air
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:05 pm

There was damage to tail I imagine since it went into a tail spin. Those terrorist fucks got lucky in their shot. While majority of planes doesn't have sensors to pick up IR/IIR missiles, he should have been despencing Flair's before engagement. He didn't expect them to have manpads.

Yes, first jet lost in shoot down by terrorists.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:19 pm

Apparently cruise missiles are being launched from Med sea to Idlib and from Caspian sea. Looks like Kalibr is getting awoken again to rain hell on those terrorists.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:48 pm

Russia needs to slaughter thousands of jihadis to send them the message. They will feel it even if they dream of
    f*cking 72 virgin goats in the afterlife.

I am a bit suspicious about the timing. There appear to have been Turk attempts to grab SAA held territory and the Turks
    have shot down a Russian jet already.
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:57 pm

kvs wrote:Russia needs to slaughter thousands of jihadis to send them the message.   They will feel it even if they dream of

I am a bit suspicious about the timing.   There appear to have been Turk attempts to grab SAA held territory and the Turks

Why would the Turks provide manpads while they're part of Astana, and have an ongoing operation on Afrin with Russian covert support?

Makes absolutely no sense. They're not the U.S wherein Russia has to take it up the ass. Russia can inflict pain to Turkey. Thus, the origin of the attack becomes more clear. There could also still be the possibility these MANPADs got there a long time ago and now they were used....but in terms of probability it ranks lower.

BTW, this is either an intelligence fuck up (i.e some intelligence agency (CIA or whomever) performed a successful OP without Russian knowledge) or incompetence of the Russian commanders in Syria deciding to send Su-25's to areas known to have rebels with MANPADs -- that's just baiting a shoot down.

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
    par far

Post  par far Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:58 pm

kvs wrote:Russia needs to slaughter thousands of jihadis to send them the message.   They will feel it even if they dream of

I am a bit suspicious about the timing.   There appear to have been Turk attempts to grab SAA held territory and the Turks

RIP to the pilot.

I don't think that Turkey would do something like this, they already are having a tough time against the Kurds and there are reports that the Turks tried to rescue the Russian pilot.

In Idlib, the the Russian Air Force should only use advance d fighters like the SU 30 or the SU 34 because the terrorists have MANPADS, the Syrian Air force has no business being there, just be on the safe side.
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:22 pm

kvs wrote:I am a bit suspicious about the timing. There appear to have been Turk attempts to grab SAA held territory and the Turks

It is logical.

par far

Post  par far Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:25 pm

eehnie wrote:
    kvs wrote:I am a bit suspicious about the timing. There appear to have been Turk attempts to grab SAA held territory and the Turks

It is logical.

There are good chances that this MANPAD came from the Kurds(the Kurds received a lot of the from the US.) The Kurds maybe mad at Russia for not helping them and they maybe did this through the terrorists(will they are all terrorists.)
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:27 pm

eehnie wrote:

It is logical.

Laughing
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:36 pm

par far wrote:

RIP to the pilot.

I don't think that Turkey would do something like this, they already are having a tough time against the Kurds and there are reports that the Turks tried to rescue the Russian pilot.

In Idlib, the the Russian Air Force should only use advance d fighters like the SU 30 or the SU 34 because the terrorists have MANPADS, the Syrian Air force has no business being there, just be on the safe side.

How did know the Turks it was a pilot to be rescued?

About the MANPADS, every aircraft can avoid the MANPADS by altitude. Even the L-39. The case of the helicopters is different, it depends of the model.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:37 pm

eehnie wrote:

It is logical.

To quote from one of you, just made elsewhere on the other Syria thread, with a slight word change "Indeed, a circle jerk club of crypto Russia bigots infesting this board. I guess they fancy themselves as spies and manipulators."
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:43 pm

eehnie wrote:
    par far wrote:

RIP to the pilot.

How did know the Turks it was a pilot to be rescued?

About the MANPADS, every aircraft can avoid the MANPADS by altitude. Even the L-39. The case of the helicopters is different, it depends of the model.

Unless you dispense flares, bomb, and fly out - you are open Target and easy takedown by manpads if you loitered the area. Unfortunately this looks like what happened. You can't detect incoming IR/IIR missiles unless you have a camera that picks up the incoming object or UV sensors. Neither which exists on current used jets.

Flying higher than manpad allows in engagement is only other tactic used.

Sad events that could been avoided if fly either higher or used flares and no loitering. Cost the pilot his life too.

Good thing is the Russians are flattening the area.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:45 pm

RIP the pilot, if he had to die at least it seems he may well have avoided the real risk of torture.

It seems to me from this, as well as other recent videos, that the RuAF seem to have been flying their Su-25s pretty low and not using flares. Maybe they have not read the risk of AA guns or missiles properly and have been overconfident. We will probably see a reduced use of rockets and more Su-34 in particular sorties.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:55 pm

Putin the "Great" was in Moscow celebrating the "success " of Syria campaign just days ago. This is what i call
    idiocy ,of celebrating when is too early and their base far from safe,being bombed by Alqaeda . He with the military
    did a lot in Syria to save it ,from being totally over run.. so credit for that.. but.. to celebrate like bush did..
    with "mission accomplished" when US-Turkey still have a strong force of terrorist in IDLIB northern Syria too ,
    and another terrorist zone in Southern Syria ,makes him looks like an an idiot. Specially when he was smiling so much
    for their "victory" in Syria . He only ,when discussing the results of the "end of the campaign". He saved Syria from being
    completely over run and earned a lot of time with diplomacy ,so the credit taken.. but the war is far from over..
    Because there are big buffer zones in Syria ,that NATO and Israel can still use to restart in full scale the war. All that will take for that is a new administration to take place in US. that will not be happy with just some zones captured in Syria
    and will seek its total destruction .

i hope the Russian President realize that he have helped the terrorist in IDLIB morale with this new major
    mistake that follows the attack on Russian base and the killing of yet more Russian soldiers.. and the
    security of their troops is now in a major risk than ever.and it will only get worse if doesn't get things
    done.

Last edited by Vann7 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:22 pm