Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+65
KoTeMoRe
Airbornewolf
T-47
nomadski
lulldapull
Azi
Walther von Oldenburg
Austin
Aristide
BlackArrow
flamming_python
Cyberspec
Admin
gaurav
Givi
Neutrality
Nikander
Cheetah
fredleander
Manov
lycantrop
TheArmenian
onwiththewar
mnztr
par far
calm
miketheterrible
auslander
Hannibal Barca
Odin of Ossetia
MechanizedOne
Kimppis
0nillie0
Arctic_Fox
YG_AJ
Airman
zorobabel
Mindstorm
Vann7
ZoA
LaVictoireEstLaVie
Godric
ult
GunshipDemocracy
Regular
KomissarBojanchev
Karl Haushofer
starman
Isos
archangelski
SeigSoloyvov
ultimatewarrior
JohninMK
d_taddei2
BKP
George1
GarryB
KiloGolf
Karbafoz
eehnie
franco
crod
AlfaT8
ATLASCUB
medo
69 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 7 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

Post  JohninMK Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:31 am

Much as you guys have said, this puts it quite well.

CIT (en)
    ‏ @CITeam_en
    3h3 hours ago

Russian paper reports an attack on Russia's airbase in Syria. However, we doubt the incident indeed took place. https://www.facebook.com/CITeam.org/posts/905138809639097 …

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 7 DSpc67sWkAIUQR7
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 7 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

Post  ATLASCUB Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:18 am

If it's such a hot issue FM/MOD spokesperson will be asked.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:37 am

http://tass.com/world/983993
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:28 am

auslander wrote:http://tass.com/world/983993

Two military personnel killed in Hmeymim airbase shelling December 31

Russan Defense Ministry also said that reports on seven aircraft destroyed at the Hmeymim airbase in Syria on December 31 are not true

Sucks.

New Year Eve so they probably dropped their guard. And mortar shells are small enough to squeeze past Pantsir.

I have to say that I quite dislike amount of urban infrastructure and it's proximity to the base. MoD should purchase all that real estate around the base and level it to the ground. They should throw in some extra cash to motivate house owners and speed up the process. Simple and cheap solution for potentially big problem.

Also Syrian Moktabar should haul their asses and start putting the hurt on potential collaborators in the vicinity.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:56 am

You can not stop a determined enemy/terrorist in a built up area without having draconian security and even that generally will not work.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:20 am

auslander wrote:You can not stop a determined enemy/terrorist in a built up area without having draconian security and even that generally will not work.

Correct

Hence built up area should be removed and residents compensated and relocated

Also SAA should invest more time and personnel to covering the surroundings​ of that base, it is high priority facility after all
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:30 am

Judgment call on moving the civilians. Lots of them sympathize with Russia and the more eyes you have on the AO the better. On the other hand, move them all out, level the area and then what, wait until Ahkmed gets a little gift from Uncle Sugar that has a 10 klick range? This is the beginning of wastage, they will try to bleed Mother dry using pin pricks. Won't work, but it will cost lives, witness Novorossiya.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:30 am

auslander wrote:wait until Ahkmed gets a little gift from Uncle Sugar that has a 10 klick range?

If only Russia would retaliate even once, but it won't. This is why it is so easy for the West to do these little tricks. They know Russia won't retaliate.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:03 pm

Interesting look at a little reported aspect of the war. These are the first 3 paras to set the scene.

TBILISI – International actors have been positioning themselves to exploit new realities in Syria and solidify their involvement in rebuilding the country. Among the usual cast of world players, however, a new contender has emerged: Chechnya.

While it may seem strange to discuss a Russian federal subject in the same breath as independent states, the level of Syria’s recent engagement with Chechen authorities is unprecedented. Chechnya’s role in Syria – and that of its leader, Ramzan Kadyrov – has grown significantly in the past year: Chechen military forces play a crucial role in the de-escalation zones, and diplomatic relations have significantly strengthened. While Moscow claims to have sanctioned most of this involvement, Chechnya’s interest in the country extends far beyond the Kremlin’s official word.

For Chechnya, Syria is partly an extension of its domestic battle between government forces and insurgents. Russia’s brutal reconquest of separatist Chechnya in 2000 started a long rebel insurgency against Moscow-backed government troops, during which Kadyrov’s father defected to the Russian side (a move the Kremlin later rewarded with the Chechen presidency).

https://www.newsdeeply.com/syria/articles/2017/11/30/a-war-within-a-war-chechnyas-expanding-role-in-syria
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:15 pm

Bit more on Chechnya

Neil Hauer
    ‏Verified account @NeilPHauer
    2h2 hours ago

Interesting report by @MarcinMamon for @ForeignPolicy providing further confirmation of what had been rumoured for months: that Chechnya's repatriation of IS members' children in Syria/Iraq is largely cover for extracting Chechen agents active in IS ranks.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2018/01/02/the-lost-children-of-isis/
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:33 pm

Why post this drivel? Foreign policy is far from being honest or objective.

I noticed you been posting a lot of stupid bullshit from stupid bullshit websites? Care to explain yourself?

As a note: kadyrov cannot act internationally beyond what federal laws allow. In other words, he isn't acting beyond what Kremlin agrees to. The rest is media sensation bs.
    archangelski
    archangelski

Post  archangelski Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:29 pm

At least some damages to aircrafts :

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 7 YZKBPao
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 7 Z4U6hGU
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 7 K1NakCK
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:22 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    auslander wrote:You can not stop a determined enemy/terrorist in a built up area without having draconian security and even that generally will not work.

Also SAA should invest more time and personnel to covering the surroundings​ of that base, it is high priority facility after all

I am sure given how this base is doing most of the bombing the SAA would but manpower is the issue this is where a countries like Belarus and kazakhstan should get off their ass and help even if it's just base protection and protection of key infrastructure like power plants etc. Would help free up a small number of much needed SAA. China is another idle fucker. India, Bangladesh, and central Asian countries should be policing the descalation zones not Russia they have done enough all these countries mentioned are next in the firing line these will be the new breeding ground for terrorists returning home or exporting there crazy views in the countries. All idle fucks..... rant over lol
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:48 pm

Russia needs to build shelters for those plains. Ok, they leave them in open under snow in Russia, but in Syria mortars and bm21 rockets are raining.
    At least put Hesco like barriers around planes to stop chain reaction if one of them gets hit. I think that that is the first thing that we will see in the upcoming months.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:12 pm

These are not damages from Syria.

https://twitter.com/GrishinMax/status/949030829942083584
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:25 pm

miketheterrible wrote:These are not damages from Syria.

Hate to break it to you Mike but the attack did happen the Russians said so themselves look on Tass for example.

of course, they did say only people died and no aircraft got damaged of course that is just them BSing.

Those damages are from Syria that 24 on the wing that is one of their SU-24's.

and yes Syria does get light rain showers buddy. Look it up if you don't believe me.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:28 pm

calm wrote:Russia needs to build shelters for those plains. Ok, they leave them in open under snow in Russia, but in Syria mortars and bm21 rockets are raining.
    At least put Hesco like barriers around planes to stop chain reaction if one of them gets hit. I think that that is the first thing that we will see in the upcoming months.

They believed the base was safe, a stupid thought to be sure but in their mind, it was "ah they cannot reach us so don't worry about it".

I am sure with a good couple million dollars worth of damaged aircraft will make them wise up.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:31 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

Hate to break it to you Mike but the attack did happen the Russians said so themselves look on Tass for example.

of course, they did say only people died and no aircraft got damaged of course that is just them BSing.

and yes Syria does get light rain showers buddy. Look it up if you don't believe me.

This guy in the tweet knows more than you, thank you.  If you want to ignore the tweet, then be my guest.

As for the two dead, it sucks. But as stated, the mod called out the people on about damage to the aircraft. And as mentioned about the damaged aircraft, obvious.... As a Syrian war reporter stated as well - that is not shrapnel or Mortar damage to the aircraft stabilizer.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:34 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

This guy in the tweet knows more than you, thank you.  If you want to ignore the tweet, then be my guest.

-Sigh-

The guy in the tweet is making a guess based on some images. That do not detail the full story.

go to google and look up the weather in syria for example. it should say "Light Rain showers".

Russian made a tactical blunder, make excuses for it all you want. Contrary to what you think the Russians aren't immune from making fuck ups.

Here is them admitting the attack took place

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:36 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

-Sigh-

The guy in the tweet is making a guess based on some images. That do not detail the full story.

go to google and look up the weather in syria for example. it should say "Light Rain showers".

Russian made a tactical blunder, make excuses for it all you want. Contrary to what you think the Russians aren't immune from making fuck ups.

Here is them admitting the attack took place

And so you will be selective on what is being reported by MoD, Right? So either shut the fuck up already with your bullshit (yes, I still think you are a fraud), or acknowledge that all that is said is correct.  Stop cherry picking.

I am still waiting for the photos of all the damage being claimed. 1 Su-24 damage somehow = 7 aircraft damage is bullshit. Put up, or shut up.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:38 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/83/61/04/hgjghg10.png

Since I know you won't look it up.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:39 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/83/61/04/hgjghg10.png

And rain has to do with what? So care to show about the damage being from mortar?  Like I said, stop cherry picking already.

BTW, attack happened on the 27th, not 2nd.

BTw, I already seen that as well Wink

https://twitter.com/GrishinMax/status/949050062239358979
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:43 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/83/61/04/hgjghg10.png

And rain has to do with what? So care to show about the damage being from mortar?  Like I said, stop cherry picking already.

BTW, attack happened on the 27th, not 2nd.

BTw, I already seen that as well Wink

https://twitter.com/GrishinMax/status/949050062239358979

Kid I do not have access to those kinda photos, you can deny all you wish. Fact is it happened, Enough is out there that it's clear the attack took place.

I have actually stated what the MoD said and gave you a link from their own news agency....

It's cute you think the russians wouldn't lie to cover up a mistake they made. Everyone does that kid, Grow up.

Now when did I say the attack took place, I never gave you a specific date now did I mike?.

Where is the impact craters you mean? who knows they could have moved the aircraft any number of goddam reasons really.

Just because you see no holes on the ground means jack.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:45 pm

Yes, I think you failed to realize I also posted the news earlier.  As well, it may come to your attention that they called out Kommersant on the bullshit about the damaged or destroyed aircraft.  Re-read it if you are having trouble.

I also guarantee you I am older than you.  So please, spare me the kid comment.

Since you suck at reading, here you go:

Ministry also stated that reports on seven aircraft destroyed by militants at the Hmeymim airbase in Syria on December 31 are not true.

More:
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:49 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

Take your point on the rain.

The problem with HES and HAS at that airfield is lack of space and that it was not a real military airfield before the war. At other SyAF fields they have lots of them but they are much larger sites. Russians use protection at home and I would think that they knowingly took a gambol, knowing that they could probably only put a quarter of the aircraft they needed if the hardened it up properly. Losing a few Su-24 is neither here nor there as they are pulling them fast off the front line as more Su-34 arrive.

Haven't seen a 24 on a wing only a 29 on a tail. This is a poster trying to link the aircraft in two photos but to my untrained eye the leading edge wear on the damaged tail plane looks to be a lot less than on the older photo, so I would have thought, unless they have a paintshop there, that the aircraft are different examples.

Joseph Dempsey
    ‏ @JosephHDempsey
    7h7 hours ago

Unverified but potentially consistent - "a" #Russia Su-24 with bort number WHITE 29 has been observed deployed to Syria previously and yes it has been raining there recently https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/syria/latakia/historic …

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 7 DStY30aX4AEchG_

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:55 am