Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2729
    Points : 2884
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  Cyberspec on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:46 pm

    eehnie wrote:Is this verified or is again fake news from Twitter "sources"?

    the 2 x Su-57's are pretty much confirmed...the new rumour is that 2 more have arrived
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 4127
    Points : 4117
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  Isos on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:44 pm

    eehnie wrote:Is this verified or is again fake news from Twitter "sources"?

    Go check your gold source Eehnie, maybe its Su-57 from the navy operating from underwater aircraft carrier tongue lol1 lol1 They build secretly their equipement now lol1
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3257
    Points : 3289
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  franco on Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:16 am

    Khmeimim has installed concrete dividers for their aircraft probably after the mortar attack.

    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3102657.html
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3257
    Points : 3289
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  franco on Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:25 am

    My first thought when I heard of the Su-57's in Syria was BS as the Air Force doesn't have any... those aircraft belong to Sukhoi. Have since read that back on February 8th, a senior MoD official said they were taking on an unspecified number of the experimental T-50's for Combat & Weapons testing. Two weeks later and here we are.
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 2208
    Points : 2202
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  Regular on Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:30 am

    franco wrote:Khmeimim has installed concrete dividers for their aircraft probably after the mortar attack.

    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3102657.html

    Well boys, this is official. Russian MOD is reading this forum. They are listening to biggest whiners like me. pirat
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 4127
    Points : 4117
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  Isos on Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:38 am

    Mortar shells come from the top. This thing has a limited usefulness...

    It's logical they send them in Syria. It's full of western technology but the oponent is not armed with any modern weapon. So they can test them against modern nato equipment and in a modern battlefield while being as safe as in russia. And nato can't learn anything on the su-57 as it will probably hide its steakth with reflectors and the byelka radar will be turned off or on exercice mode. Its passive sensor will be tested against all the aegis radar around syrian cost and against us awacs at their max capabilities. They will also try the IRST against maybe israeli f-35 or US f-22 which would be one of the most interesting info for russian army and sukhoi.

    They will also see how their coating do in a hot environment, raptor's coating was destroyed by the sand in middle east for exemple. They will also have an idea of the maintenance needed when it is far from home and in war because they will probably let it fly always with the su-35 to compare them. I don't think it happened but they could have put one of tye new engine to also compare it against the older one when used more often during war time but they seem to have produced only one for testing in russia.
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 4127
    Points : 4117
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  Isos on Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:40 am

    Regular wrote:
    franco wrote:Khmeimim has installed concrete dividers for their aircraft probably after the mortar attack.

    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3102657.html

    Well boys, this is official. Russian MOD is reading this forum. They are listening to biggest whiners like me. pirat

    So they learned that one Lider destroyer is under construction thanks to Eehnie. They should be happy. lol1

    I also think they should give me 1 million $ lol1 it is the best investment possible
    eehnie
    eehnie

    Posts : 2476
    Points : 2487
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  eehnie on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:07 am

    Isos wrote:Go check your gold source Eehnie, maybe its Su-57 from the navy operating from underwater aircraft carrier tongue lol1 lol1 They build secretly their equipement now lol1

    The new is not confirmed still, and you know it... Or not?
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 1656
    Points : 1658
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  Big_Gazza on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:31 am

    franco wrote:My first thought when I heard of the Su-57's in Syria was BS as the Air Force doesn't have any... those aircraft belong to Sukhoi. Have since read that back on February 8th, a senior MoD official said they were taking on an unspecified number of the experimental T-50's for Combat & Weapons testing. Two weeks later and here we are.

    Yes, and this should be a timely reminder that all of the smart wankers on this forum who love the sound of their voices as they pontificate about Su-57 program clearly have no fucking cue what is actually happening, or what the RuAF are actually thinking.

    Conjecture is all very well, and mostly entertaining, but never the lose sight of the fact that we are outsiders looking in, but its nighttime and the blinds are drawn and the lights are out...
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3257
    Points : 3289
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  franco on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:37 am

    And that's a fact Jack Smile
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 1656
    Points : 1658
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  Big_Gazza on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:45 am

    PapaDragon wrote:

    They still have placeholder engines so they are not stealth at this phase

    And there is no way anyone would use experiential aircraft to deal with drones


    Other than a lack of a serrations on the engine nozzle, what stealth benefit will the primary engine provide? Sweet FA I'd suggest, and certainly isn't going to be a detriment in Syria testing.

    Do they count as "experimental" or should they be considered as early-serial models? If they are being deployed to Syria where they could conceivably encountered by F-22s, this is a sign that the military is pleased with the aircrafts performance and its weapons and sensor "fusion" are combat ready.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2729
    Points : 2884
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  Cyberspec on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:49 am

    Well said Gaza....especially the bit about the "experts" babling on about various programs
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 8430
    Points : 8514
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:25 am

    Big_Gazza wrote:.....
    Other than a lack of a serrations on the engine nozzle, what stealth benefit will the primary engine provide? Sweet FA I'd suggest, and certainly isn't going to be a detriment in Syria testing....


    I completely forgot that later hulls have engine covers installed (even though I posting pic of them here), my bad. So engines are more or less done but still it would be smart to keep true radar signature under wraps so they should put something shiny on them while in use.


    Big_Gazza wrote:....
    Do they count as "experimental" or should they be considered as early-serial models? If they are being deployed to Syria where they could conceivably encountered by F-22s, this is a sign that the military is pleased with the aircrafts performance and its weapons and sensor "fusion" are combat ready.

    Experimental, preproduction, early serial, for me it's just different names for new stuff. I'm lazy.

    I still believe that main purpose is weapons testing. New bombs were already used here by Su-34 way back but looks like they reached phase where they want to use those new bombs from platform they were designed for.

    That being said, could it be that MoD were intentionally bullshitting everyone when they were reporting progress of this project to the public? As in actually planning to deceive everyone years in advance?
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 1656
    Points : 1658
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  Big_Gazza on Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:42 am

    PapaDragon wrote:That being said, could it be that MoD were intentionally bullshitting everyone when they were reporting progress of this project to the public? As in actually planning to deceive everyone years in advance?

    Its certainly a big possibility, and I'd like to think that would be SOP for all new Russian weapons programs. The more nasty surprises for the HATOstani bastards the better (and Syria has had plenty of them...) Very Happy
    eehnie
    eehnie

    Posts : 2476
    Points : 2487
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  eehnie on Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:44 am

    PapaDragon wrote:I completely forgot that later hulls have engine covers installed (even though I posting pic of them here), my bad. So engines are more or less done but still it would be smart to keep true radar signature under wraps so they should put something shiny on them while in use.

    ...

    Experimental, preproduction, early serial, for me it's just different names for new stuff. I'm lazy.

    I still believe that main purpose is weapons testing. New bombs were already used here by Su-34 way back but looks like they reached phase where they want to use those new bombs from platform they were designed for.

    That being said, could it be that MoD were intentionally bullshitting everyone when they were reporting progress of this project to the public? As in actually planning to deceive everyone years in advance?

    Embarassed Embarassed completely forgot... lazy... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    avatar
    mnztr

    Posts : 174
    Points : 188
    Join date : 2018-01-21

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  mnztr on Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:09 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    mnztr wrote:Maybe the will use the SU-57 to clear Syria of Israeli and US drones, since it is stealth, they are much harder to track and can just use cannon to mow down the drones.

    They still have placeholder engines so they are not stealth at this phase

    And there is no way anyone would use experiential aircraft to deal with drones


    That does not mean they are not stealth, it only means they may be less stealthy from certain angles.
    avatar
    mnztr

    Posts : 174
    Points : 188
    Join date : 2018-01-21

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  mnztr on Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:13 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Big_Gazza wrote:.....
    Other than a lack of a serrations on the engine nozzle, what stealth benefit will the primary engine provide?  Sweet FA I'd suggest, and certainly isn't going to be a detriment in Syria testing....


    I completely forgot that later hulls have engine covers installed (even though I posting pic of them here), my bad. So engines are more or less done but still it would be smart to keep true radar signature under wraps so they should put something shiny on them while in use.


    Big_Gazza wrote:....
    Do they count as "experimental" or should they be considered as early-serial models?  If they are being deployed to Syria where they could conceivably encountered by F-22s, this is a sign that the military is pleased with the aircrafts performance and its weapons and sensor "fusion" are combat ready.

    Experimental, preproduction, early serial, for me it's just different names for new stuff. I'm lazy.

    I still believe that main purpose is weapons testing. New bombs were already used here by Su-34 way back but looks like they reached phase where they want to use those new bombs from platform they were designed for.

    That being said, could it be that MoD were intentionally bullshitting everyone when they were reporting progress of this project to the public? As in actually planning to deceive everyone years in advance?

    Always best to keep the US guessing. Mig 25 forced the US to spend billions to counter it. It also rendered the Valkyrie bomber to the history books after massive R & D was spent.
    crod
    crod

    Posts : 242
    Points : 275
    Join date : 2009-08-04

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  crod on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:25 pm

    eehnie wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:I completely forgot that later hulls have engine covers installed (even though I posting pic of them here), my bad. So engines are more or less done but still it would be smart to keep true radar signature under wraps so they should put something shiny on them while in use.

    ...

    Experimental, preproduction, early serial, for me it's just different names for new stuff. I'm lazy.

    I still believe that main purpose is weapons testing. New bombs were already used here by Su-34 way back but looks like they reached phase where they want to use those new bombs from platform they were designed for.

    That being said, could it be that MoD were intentionally bullshitting everyone when they were reporting progress of this project to the public? As in actually planning to deceive everyone years in advance?

    Embarassed Embarassed completely forgot... lazy... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

    seriously? mate you're really letting yourself down....

    i do not agree with some (but most i do) with PD but you really are a petty little turd and you absolutely devalue this place. it's a forum yes, but ffs will you ever just grow up or ask mammy before you use the internet...
    eehnie
    eehnie

    Posts : 2476
    Points : 2487
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  eehnie on Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:28 pm

    crod wrote:seriously? mate you're really letting yourself down....

    i do not agree with some (but most i do) with PD but you really are a petty little turd and you absolutely devalue this place. it's a forum yes, but ffs will you ever just grow up or ask mammy before you use the internet...

    Did not you saw the 2 previous comments of Papadragon and Isos? Nothing casual here. Yes, we know you agree with Papadragon. Also we know you will get a nomination to the award to the most valuable comment of the months in this forum...

    http://www.russiadefence.net/t7187p25-syrian-civil-war-news-17#216256

    crod wrote:...couldn’t care nor give 2 shits about Russians being killed tbh

    ...

    Just like I don’t give 2 shits about Iranians etc.

    ...

    but my money is on the Yankees getting what they want with the Russians playing second fiddle.

    You must feel very up in the rank of the forum.
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 4967
    Points : 5092
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  kvs on Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:06 pm

    eehnie wrote:
    crod wrote:seriously? mate you're really letting yourself down....

    i do not agree with some (but most i do) with PD but you really are a petty little turd and you absolutely devalue this place. it's a forum yes, but ffs will you ever just grow up or ask mammy before you use the internet...

    Did not you saw the 2 previous comments of Papadragon and Isos? Nothing casual here. Yes, we know you agree with Papadragon. Also we know you will get a nomination to the award to the most valuable comment of the months in this forum...

    http://www.russiadefence.net/t7187p25-syrian-civil-war-news-17#216256

    crod wrote:...couldn’t care nor give 2 shits about Russians being killed tbh

    ...

    Just like I don’t give 2 shits about Iranians etc.

    ...

    but my money is on the Yankees getting what they want with the Russians playing second fiddle.

    You must feel very up in the rank of the forum.

    What a smelly NATO fanboi circle jerk club. It is actually their intent to bring this forum down.
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 4127
    Points : 4117
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  Isos on Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:02 pm

    eehnie wrote:
    crod wrote:seriously? mate you're really letting yourself down....

    i do not agree with some (but most i do) with PD but you really are a petty little turd and you absolutely devalue this place. it's a forum yes, but ffs will you ever just grow up or ask mammy before you use the internet...

    Did not you saw the 2 previous comments of Papadragon and Isos? Nothing casual here. Yes, we know you agree with Papadragon. Also we know you will get a nomination to the award to the most valuable comment of the months in this forum...

    http://www.russiadefence.net/t7187p25-syrian-civil-war-news-17#216256

    crod wrote:...couldn’t care nor give 2 shits about Russians being killed tbh

    ...

    Just like I don’t give 2 shits about Iranians etc.

    ...

    but my money is on the Yankees getting what they want with the Russians playing second fiddle.

    You must feel very up in the rank of the forum.

    Do you have a file where you class all our comments on the forum ?

    At least you're funny to read lol1 lol1 keep being stupid lol1
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6664
    Points : 6731
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:04 pm

    OK Mr Twitter stuff is unreliable. Put this in your pipe and smoke it.

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 DWzqFd0W0AEW1f6
    eehnie
    eehnie

    Posts : 2476
    Points : 2487
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  eehnie on Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:19 pm

    JohninMK wrote:Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 DWzqFd0W0AEW1f6

    Is your own picture? Source of the picture?

    It is necessary to ask you always the same?
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 4127
    Points : 4117
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  Isos on Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:32 pm

    eehnie wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 DWzqFd0W0AEW1f6

    Is your own picture? Source of the picture?

    It is necessary to ask you always the same?

    It's written on the picture ...
    calm
    calm

    Posts : 1484
    Points : 1486
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  calm on Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:56 pm

    One more

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 DWz-pJ5XcAEMnyj

    Sponsored content

    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:53 pm