Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+72
sheytanelkebir
DerWolf
Cyrus the great
ExBeobachter1987
Morpheus Eberhardt
TheArmenian
Akula971
OminousSpudd
d_taddei2
Dima
Werewolf
George1
magnumcromagnon
AlfaT8
Project Canada
KoTeMoRe
Solncepek
short_fuze
JohninMK
ult
PapaDragon
Vann7
Backinblack
KiloGolf
flamming_python
Cyberspec
Zivo
iraqidabab
par far
sepheronx
Siempre_Leal
JohnSnow
auslander
BKP
Pirey
wilhelm
Max Italy
Bidoul
Boshoed
Bolt
headshot69
VladimirSahin
kvs
Airbornewolf
Regular
jhelb
sweartome123
whir
mack8
Fred333
Captain Nemo
franco
Walther von Oldenburg
GarryB
zorobabel
Neutrality
Khepesh
Godric
Stealthflanker
SturmGuard
ultron
Karl Haushofer
arpakola
Erk
Acheron
zg18
max steel
Kadmos45
Rmf
Odin of Ossetia
fragmachine
Rodinazombie
76 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

BKP
    BKP

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 14 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

Post  BKP 02/12/15, 06:59 am

^Lol!

Well, I hate to say this, but I'm thinking that events are going to reach a time soon when it will be incumbent on Russia to make a brutal show of force, or at least to very undeniably demonstrate the willingness to do so. And, yes, this will be probably risking WW3, so it will be a very scary time for humanity. But, until this happens, I don't think Russia will be taken seriously by its enemies at the most fundamental level.

The older I get, the more convinced I am that it really is a world of pimps and whores at the geopolitical level, to put it crudely, and most nations are whores looking for a strong protector to latch onto. I wish things were not that way, but I believe that they are. Russia won't attract real international support until it demonstrates unequivocally that it will not be fucked with. Until that time, it will be alone and this chipping away against it will continue unabated.
    Dima
    Dima

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 14 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

Post  Dima 02/12/15, 07:08 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:FFS you sound like broads with PMS. Can you please calm down?
    FFS and PMS scratch
    par far

Post  par far 02/12/15, 07:24 am

The Indians and the Chinese won't help Russia on Syria and I think Russia knows that. The Indians and the Chinese will only do something when it affects them and it is not long before both of these countries are affected(it is already happening in China) and India is not that far behind when isis comes there.

The way these countries are helping Russia is by buying Russian arms and buying oil and gas from Russia(China is already doing that, let's get India to do the same).

Iran is sending equipment(it is being taken by Russian ships and planes), Iran has high ranking generals in Syria. Iran is sending in fighters from Iraq(it is easy for Iran to send in equipment and troops into Iraq because they share a border, so when Iraqi fighters go into Syria Iranians take their place in Iraq.
    iraqidabab

Post  iraqidabab 02/12/15, 07:31 am

there's no iranians fighting in iraq, just some retired old folks advising.
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima 02/12/15, 07:47 am

I have been wishing for it...dont know how true...but still.. Very Happy

Hassan Ridha ‏@sayed_ridha 18 minutes ago
    Former advisor to President #Putin: Putin is thinking of striking #SaudiArabia and maybe #Qatar

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 14 CVKOph_UYAAy8O3

Even if there is no strike, basing a sizeable strike/air-defence/superiority assets and giving a flypast near the border of Saudi and Qatar will give a strong message. Hope Russia requests a temporary forward operating base in Iran with the Iranian Govt, I feel it is required for both Syrian ops as well as any planned Yemeni ops in the future along with, if needed, hammering terrorists command centers in Saudi and Qatar.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander 02/12/15, 08:12 am

Dima wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:FFS you sound like broads with PMS. Can you please calm down?
    FFS and PMS scratch

Take two midol and call me the end of next week.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 02/12/15, 08:32 am

Striking saudi Arabia will be stupid,it will achieve nothing..it will only encourage more jihadist to join the crusade in Syria and will pass through Turkey.

Unless the Aim is to kill the king ,and create a coup.. or shutdown Saudi Oil fields.. to
    get oil prices very high again..

Russia will need to have an strategy soon..because the Americans will only increase
    the pressure in Russia.

1)Ukraine can restart the war against Donetsk using ISIS jihadist this time with hundreds of suicide bombers in motos ..  Yes US terrorist government are pefectly capable of that.
    2)Right Sector can start shelling Russian border.
    3)Ukraine can start a war against Transnistia in alliace with moldova to kick the thousands Russian soldiers there.
    4) NATO can close the airspace of IRAQ to Russia ,deploying patriot missiles and threatening
    IRAQ or even assasinate their leader and install a puppet.. yes they can do that.
    5)Turkey can close the gate to black sea.. so Russia can no longer supply Syria with
    anything. and neither through IRAN by Air.
    6) Turkey can invade Syria with its army..or ISIS in turkish uniforms,  forcing Russia into a fight..
    7)And IF Russia dares to defend itself get sanctions.
    8)Israel And Turkey can start heavily bombing Syrian army cross border. to pressure Russia.

So many things the west can do to pressure Russia to stop supporting Assad and allow it
    to be destroyed.

The only thing that could allow Russia to save Syria is a strong coalition , because Russians
    will not support Putin to start world war 3 ,for Syria.. that are not exactly seen as important
    ally for them.

So either Russia needs a new strategy to pressure Americans back.. because time is not on
    Russia side in Syria , If Russia goes and takes the fight directly to United States for Supporting ISIS.. it could change things.. that is shut down an American plane in Syria for bombing Assad, But it will need the support of All Russians for that.. Demand United States to stop its illegal war against Syria and its support to ISIS or else Russia will not allow americans in any part of Syria or IRAQ. and kick them from middle east. Russia can do that..

Americans will not have the support in congress to start world war 3 against Russia ,
    in defense of ISIS or for overthrow Syria. As soon a few American planes shot down or warship sink. The american society will wake up and protest obama to step down.. Russia needs to do something that will provoke American society to stop its passivity and protest on the streets.
    Bombing Saudi Oil fields..if damage American dollar it can work too.

Vann7

Post  Vann7 02/12/15, 08:34 am

iraqidabab wrote:there's no iranians fighting in iraq, just some retired old folks advising.

In other words.. IRAN help to IRAQ or Syria is very small and no Iranian army helping?
    Just a couple thousand volunteers?
    iraqidabab

Post  iraqidabab 02/12/15, 08:45 am

Vann7 wrote:
    iraqidabab wrote:there's no iranians fighting in iraq, just some retired old folks advising.

In other words.. IRAN help to IRAQ or Syria is very small and no Iranian army helping?
    Just a couple thousand volunteers?

Iran offered Iraq help with its army, Iraqi gov rejected the help to that extent. Iran's help to Iraq is mostly through sales of ammo and arms. Syria on the other hand would accept Iran's help, but there's not many Iranian forces in Syria, there are more Iraqis fighting in Syria then Iranians.

Iran could do a lot more, many PMF forces in Iraq are poorly equipped. No helmets, no body armor. Iran could help in equipping part. In Syria they could deploy some troops to add infantry power, they've got a huge population.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg 02/12/15, 08:46 am

Yes. Those few thousand volunteers are not crack IRGC troops - they are Basij, Iranian popular mobilization, composed of trained civilian volunteers.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec 02/12/15, 09:14 am

WTF?...are we headed for WWIII Question

As if a second airbase wasn't enough, now reports suggest a third base is being organised....120-150 Russian aircraft to be based in Syria apparently

I can confirm tt 120 additional #Russian warplanes will be heading 2#Syria & 2new mil airports, in the vicinity of #Homs & #Hamma 2 be used.

Source of info: Hala Jaber ‏quoting "Senior Syrian sources"

https://twitter.com/HalaJaber/status/671770002492665856
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel 02/12/15, 09:26 am

Well, that's good, but I'd be happier to hear that 10,000 Russian soldiers were being deployed there.
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie 02/12/15, 09:36 am

zorobabel wrote:Well, that's good, but I'd be happier to hear that 10,000 Russian soldiers were being deployed there.

I agree.

We are at the point where the safest thing is to increase the russian presence to the point where its simply too risky for nato to drop bombs for fear of hitting russians. Otherwise, any half assed amount of troops opens the door for a very messy situation when the americans/nato decide to escalate the situation either from the air or on the ground.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo 02/12/15, 10:03 am

"Give a man to fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime"

I'm not sure why so many of you want Russia, China, or Iran to repeat America's recent mistakes. Invading Syria or Iraq is just treating the symptoms of dysfunction, it will not cure the disease. The only way to truly defeat the Islamic State in the long term is to teach the local population how to deal with them, and make sure they have the equipment to do so. Iran's militia system isn't always apparent, but it's there. It takes one Iranian officer to teach twenty local Iraqis or Syrians how to fight, and each of those twenty fighters teach twenty more... I do not see russians doing this, only those lazy good for nuthin' Iranians you guys like to complain about.

I'm not going to speculate on the Chinese. This war is still in the opening movements of Act II, and this play is going to be a long one. China's roll could be revealed later on. I myself was frustrated at the Russian absence right up to that night Russia declared they were sending aircraft to Latakia. China is powerful enough that they have options, they can assist Russia, Iran, Syria, and Iraq in other ways. Have some patience.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt 02/12/15, 10:13 am

Cyberspec wrote:WTF?...are we headed for WWIII Question

Of course not, because the world war started a while ago.

Post  Guest 02/12/15, 10:19 am

If Russia invades Ukraine or Turkey it will become not new Vietnam or Afganistan, it would become new example on its own. Think about it, half of the world would literally support Ukraine or Turkey with both military and financial aid, meanwhile very few countries if any would support Russia, it would become long term conflict that would cost billions of dollars per month. Not only that price of oil is atm low, in case of such conflic it would become almost impossible to sell and in 2 or 3 years Russia would go back to 1996.

Do not start something you cant finish is my parole. Russia is not USSR, there are no 50.000 tanks laying around ready to be deployed. I understand anger i am angry myself too, but hotheads do not end up well in life or politics for that matter. Turkey is not that small country either, despite their army not being real match for Russia you cant consider them as very weak enemy, Russian army has huge teritory to protect and that is its main role unlike NATO, to protect not invade.

Russians lack means of projecting power, Turks lack it far more, so let Turks bark repay when chance appears and it will eventually.
    par far

Post  par far 02/12/15, 10:27 am

Militarov wrote:If Russia invades Ukraine or Turkey it will become not new Vietnam or Afganistan, it would become new example on its own. Think about it, half of the world would literally support Ukraine or Turkey with both military and financial aid, meanwhile very few countries if any would support Russia, it would become long term conflict that would cost billions of dollars per month. Not only that price of oil is atm low, in case of such conflic it would become almost impossible to sell and in 2 or 3 years Russia would go back to 1996.

Do not start something you cant finish is my parole. Russia is not USSR, there are no 50.000 tanks laying around ready to be deployed. I understand anger i am angry myself too, but hotheads do not end up well in life or politics for that matter. Turkey is not that small country either, despite their army not being real match for Russia you cant consider them as very weak enemy, Russian army has huge teritory to protect and that is its main role unlike NATO, to protect not invade.

Russians lack means of projecting power, Turks lack it far more, so let Turks bark repay when chance appears and it will eventually.

Who says Russia is invading Ukraine or Turkey?
    franco
    franco

Post  franco 02/12/15, 10:27 am

Seeing reports of Turkish subs "shadowing" the Moskov. Hope the ASW capabilities of those old 1135M and 01090 are up to the task.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx 02/12/15, 10:30 am

No kilos in the region? They need to up the # of ships in the area, and bring in anti sub ships.

I hope the reports are true about the opening of two more bases.

Russias war with turkey and Ukraine would be limited to striking and bombing HQ.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality 02/12/15, 10:32 am

Rodinazombie wrote:

I agree.

We are at the point where the safest thing is to increase the russian presence to the point where its simply too risky for nato to drop bombs for fear of hitting russians. Otherwise, any half assed amount of troops opens the door for a very messy situation when the americans/nato decide to escalate the situation either from the air or on the ground.

Or maybe it's because Russian intelligence obviously knows alot more than we do. Maybe NATO member countries are really planning to start a combined invasion of Syria and creating a 3rd Desert Storm. Russia, obviously wanting to avoid current day Iraq, is starting to beef up its presence in Syria to make them rethink their options.

Last edited by Neutrality on 02/12/15, 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    par far

Post  par far 02/12/15, 10:32 am

franco wrote:Seeing reports of Turkish subs "shadowing" the Moskov. Hope the ASW capabilities of those old 1135M and 01090 are up to the task.

There are also Russian subs there as well, the mediterranean sea and areas around it are going to become cat and mouse game.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco 02/12/15, 10:34 am

Link to the story of the 2nd airbase with extra ground forces;
    https://elijahjm.wordpress.com/2015/11/30/over-100-russian-jet-fighters-and-a-new-brigade-are-expected-in-syria-once-shaayrat-airport-is-in-service/
    par far

Post  par far 02/12/15, 10:45 am

franco wrote:Link to the story of the 2nd airbase with extra ground forces;
    https://elijahjm.wordpress.com/2015/11/30/over-100-russian-jet-fighters-and-a-new-brigade-are-expected-in-syria-once-shaayrat-airport-is-in-service/

How reliable is this source? It is reliable, I wonder what kind of aircraft, this new base will host?

Last edited by par far on 02/12/15, 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    franco
    franco

Post  franco 02/12/15, 10:53 am

par far wrote:

How reliable is this source?

Apparently his is from a Syrian media source, so your guess is as good as mines. Seeing similar out of a Russian reporter twitter. dunno
    par far

Post  par far 02/12/15, 10:59 am

franco wrote:
    par far wrote:

How reliable is this source?

Apparently his is from a Syrian media source, so your guess is as good as mines. Seeing similar out of a Russian reporter twitter.  dunno

Other sources are also reporting this, when airbase is ready, Russia will have two operational bases in Syria, with a potential for a third one(kweiris airbase, more area need to be cleared up here before anything can happen).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 20/05/24, 09:03 pm