Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Share
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7067
    Points : 7163
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:40 am


    E tu, Brute? lol1

    "Turns Out, Russia Was Right: ISIL Oil is Going to Turkey – German Media"

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/politics/20151128/1030895284/Russia-Right-ISIL-OilI-Going-Turkey.html#ixzz3sk4CKwUg



    Ivan the Colorado wrote:"Evil Russia is using illegal munitions on the peace loving civilians" meme has resurfaced. Incendiary bombs now. This time Raqqa where there is no such thing as a peaceful civilian.

    https://twitter.com/raqqa_sl/status/670284120510111746
    https://twitter.com/iraqisecurity/status/670335333867905024

    Wasn't blowing sh*t up i Raqqa one of the core values of this entire undertaking? Cool

    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7067
    Points : 7163
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:44 am


    Militarov wrote:

    "Forgive us Recep" - refering to Recep Erdogan written on R27 missile.

    Looks like Russian pilots are out for blood...Turkey blood... Twisted Evil

    Moron Erdogan, before this it was just geopolitics for Russia but now he made the whole thing personal.

    Can entire countries win Darwin Award or is it only given to individuals? Razz


    Last edited by PapaDragon on Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2550
    Points : 2548
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  KiloGolf on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:50 am

    The Kremlin’s Holy Warrior



    The spokesman for the Russian Orthodox Church has blessed Vladimir Putin’s Syrian intervention as a sacred crusade. Jihadis in Syria happen to agree.

    http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/11/24/the-kremlins-holy-warrior-chaplin-putin-russia-turkey-syria
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5962
    Points : 5991
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Militarov on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:53 am

    KiloGolf wrote:
    The Kremlin’s Holy Warrior



    The spokesman for the Russian Orthodox Church has blessed Vladimir Putin’s Syrian intervention as a sacred crusade. Jihadis in Syria happen to agree.

    http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/11/24/the-kremlins-holy-warrior-chaplin-putin-russia-turkey-syria

    Guy on the left, Serbian lol
    avatar
    Stealthflanker

    Posts : 817
    Points : 895
    Join date : 2009-08-04
    Age : 30
    Location : Indonesia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Stealthflanker on Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:38 am

    Ivan the Colorado wrote:"Evil Russia is using illegal munitions on the peace loving civilians" meme has resurfaced. Incendiary bombs now. This time Raqqa where there is no such thing as a peaceful civilian.

    https://twitter.com/raqqa_sl/status/670284120510111746
    https://twitter.com/iraqisecurity/status/670335333867905024

    They only need a little bit of time to google...

    RBK-250 with ZAB 2.5 incendiary warhead... and no..they're no WP bomb.

    Hell it's been around and detailed since 2012

    http://rogueadventurer.com/2012/11/27/update-cluster-munitions-in-syria-zab-2-5-incendiary-submunitions/

    http://rogueadventurer.com/2012/12/13/differential-identification-of-white-phosphorus-and-zab-submunitions-in-syria/

    But for some reason.. ppl are just ignorant and call it WP..
    avatar
    OminousSpudd

    Posts : 896
    Points : 905
    Join date : 2015-01-03
    Age : 22
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  OminousSpudd on Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:53 am

    Stealthflanker wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:"Evil Russia is using illegal munitions on the peace loving civilians" meme has resurfaced. Incendiary bombs now. This time Raqqa where there is no such thing as a peaceful civilian.

    https://twitter.com/raqqa_sl/status/670284120510111746
    https://twitter.com/iraqisecurity/status/670335333867905024

    They only need a little bit of time to google...

    RBK-250 with ZAB 2.5 incendiary warhead... and no..they're no WP bomb.

    Hell it's been around and detailed since 2012

    http://rogueadventurer.com/2012/11/27/update-cluster-munitions-in-syria-zab-2-5-incendiary-submunitions/

    http://rogueadventurer.com/2012/12/13/differential-identification-of-white-phosphorus-and-zab-submunitions-in-syria/

    But for some reason.. ppl are just ignorant and call it WP..

    Because it is WP, very Well Played. Very Happy
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7067
    Points : 7163
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:09 am

    Militarov wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:
    The Kremlin’s Holy Warrior



    The spokesman for the Russian Orthodox Church has blessed Vladimir Putin’s Syrian intervention as a sacred crusade. Jihadis in Syria happen to agree.

    http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/11/24/the-kremlins-holy-warrior-chaplin-putin-russia-turkey-syria

    Guy on the left, Serbian lol

    Wish I could say I'm surprised, I really wish I could.... lol1

    I swear, it's like we have some genetic condition that keeps us from not sticking our heads out... thumbsup russia

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Guest on Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:41 am



    VKS making a surprise appearance on some Jihadist's interview! pwnd

    EDIT: I would also like to know more about what the news reporter is saying, can one of our Indian members translate?


    Last edited by Ivan the Colorado on Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : See above)
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:46 am

    Ivan the Colorado wrote:

    VKS making a surprise appearance on some Jihadist's interview! pwnd

    EDIT: I would also like to know more about what the news reporter is saying, can one of our Indian members translate?

    82mm mortar from Harakat position making the world a better place. Not VKS. But we appreciate the same. Also old footage. In arabic the guys were gloating about how they defeated this and that and they keep going. Needless to say, it's done.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Guest on Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:54 am

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:

    VKS making a surprise appearance on some Jihadist's interview! pwnd

    EDIT: I would also like to know more about what the news reporter is saying, can one of our Indian members translate?

    82mm mortar from Harakat position making the world a better place. Not VKS. But we appreciate the same. Also old footage. In arabic the guys were gloating about how they defeated this and that and they keep going. Needless to say, it's done.
    Thanks, must have resurfaced recently on social media. Didn't follow the Syrian conflict very closely before September of this year.
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5268
    Points : 5473
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Werewolf on Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:56 am

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:

    VKS making a surprise appearance on some Jihadist's interview! pwnd

    EDIT: I would also like to know more about what the news reporter is saying, can one of our Indian members translate?

    82mm mortar from Harakat position making the world a better place. Not VKS. But we appreciate the same. Also old footage. In arabic the guys were gloating about how they defeated this and that and they keep going. Needless to say, it's done.

    You don't speak arabic or did i get a wrong impression?

    What languages do you speak?
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:57 am

    Vann7 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Looks like Betab 500




    here a view of all the bombs Russia using.

    https://www.rt.com/news/317662-russian-smart-bombs-syria/

    Beautiful bomb ,hezbolah.. have to be having a lot of Fun with Russian new weapons.. Laughing

    That's not a missile, it's either a LG artillery round (which clearly looked like it) or it's SyAAF/RuAF doing the striking. Given that there was a secondary deton, while the missile got inside the building, then it can be a BetaB 500. But it can also just be ammo getting lit up.

    Vann7

    Posts : 3812
    Points : 3916
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Vann7 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:59 am


    No US airstrikes in Syria since Russia deployed S-400 systems Laughing

    S-400 range in Syria.. cover all Israel ,all Syria ,most of Jordan and more than half of Turkey
    all the way to the Capital. Smile



    Still Russia will need to capture more territory to really seal the borders of Syria..
    Because flying low can evade radars. Russia needs to control all the borders with turkey and Israel. to fully cover both.. High flying planes and low flying ones across all Syria. and Or the deployment of 3-4 awacs.. one around damascus.. another around Latakia and another near
    iraq border in eastern homs.. to fully See everything that move at any altitude over Syria.
    Also Electronic Warfare and Gps jammers too.. a plus.

    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:03 pm

    Werewolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:

    VKS making a surprise appearance on some Jihadist's interview! pwnd

    EDIT: I would also like to know more about what the news reporter is saying, can one of our Indian members translate?

    82mm mortar from Harakat position making the world a better place. Not VKS. But we appreciate the same. Also old footage. In arabic the guys were gloating about how they defeated this and that and they keep going. Needless to say, it's done.

    You don't speak arabic or did i get a wrong impression?

    What languages do you speak?

    There's a translated version in Liveleak. Lemme find it. I speak all the 4 nasties. Italian, French, English, Serbo-Croat, understand enough Turkish and Farsi and off course Albanian, which is my mother tongue. I do not speak Arabic, bar the basic things (ironically learned through the Arab Spring).

    Also this is "old" in the sense it is 10 days? old.


    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8ed_1447868711

    This is the short version, but there's also a longer 40 second version.

    Also, 122mm on Kuweires at the beggining of the assault to clear the Shayk ahmad route. ISIS no more.

    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=014_1448479647

    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5268
    Points : 5473
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Werewolf on Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:57 pm

    I've encountered quite a view alabano/croati/serbs that speak to many languages to comprehent why and from where.

    Know a greek at work he speaks 7 languages. Fluent in arabic, turkish, good in russian, greek of course, not bad in romanian and forgot another one.

    From where do you know those languages and why?
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6093
    Points : 6158
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:01 pm

    Vann7 wrote:
    No US airstrikes in Syria since Russia deployed S-400 systems  Laughing

    S-400 range in Syria.. cover all Israel ,all Syria ,most of Jordan and more than half of Turkey
    all the way to the Capital. Smile

    Still Russia will need to capture more territory to really seal the borders of Syria..
    Because flying low can evade radars. Russia needs to control all the borders with turkey and Israel. to fully cover both.. High flying planes and low flying ones across all Syria. and Or the deployment of 3-4 awacs.. one around damascus.. another around Latakia and another near
    iraq border in eastern homs.. to fully See everything that move at any altitude over Syria.
    Also Electronic Warfare and Gps jammers too.. a plus.

    It must be highly likely that as the SAA moves north and east that short and medium range SAMs will move with them. The unarguable reasoning being that they will be needed to fill in the gaps in coverage due to geography, range and time delay given the position of the S-400.

    IMHO this is the biggest impact of the shootdown. A NATO country gave Russia an open door to upgrade the air defences of Syria. No wonder US/NATO flights have reduced, they must be hopping mad at CENTCOM.

    Incidentally, did anyone else spot the very careful wording by Moscow that the actual arrival of more fighters was dependent on what happens now, not they are going 'today'? The good old 'make the threat but save resources by not actually doing it' ploy.

    The British seem to have achieved the same by accident with the timing of the attack Syria vote. Get some 'kudos' for deciding to attack ISIS in Syria but not actually be able to as they can't safely overfly it.

    Also, the location of the US carrier task force sent quickly out of the East coast at the start of the week seems to be very quiet. Perhaps they decided that the Eastern Med was not the best place to be diplomatically ATM.

    Also, has anyone seen anything about the modus operandi of the French Navy planes? Are they flying with Russian or US targeting data? Are they flying less like the US/NATO?
    avatar
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2119
    Points : 2212
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  higurashihougi on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:07 pm

    Bye bye Turkey.

    https://www.rt.com/news/323825-us-turkey-syrian-border/

    US urges Turkey to close off its Syrian border to ISIS - media

    Washington is urging Ankara to seal off a 100-kilometer stretch of borderline with Syria currently used by Islamic State for transportation of fighters and supplies into the Syrian war zone. The Turkish Army would need an estimated 30,000 personnel to do this.

    The Obama administration is urging Turkey to ensure Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) in Syria receives no supplies through the Turkish border, the Wall Street Journal reports, citing sources in Washington. The request involves sealing off part of the frontier between the western Turkish town of Kilis and Jarabulus in eastern Syrian.
    avatar
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2119
    Points : 2212
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  higurashihougi on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:10 pm

    The topic about Russian Su-24 has long been diluted so I decided to put it here

    https://www.rt.com/in-motion/323672-funeral-russian-marine-su/

    Funeral held for Russian Marine who died rescuing Su-24 pilot

    Hundreds came to pay their respects at the funeral of Alexander Pozynich, the Russian soldier who died attempting to rescue the crew of the Su-24 downed in Syria. The ceremony was held on Friday in the Rostov Region in the south of Russia.

    Link of the video: https://youtu.be/GuAESrEfqOc

    Another video clip from RT, about Russian AA systems in Syria: https://www.facebook.com/Rogozhin.142/videos/1505275239801628/
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6093
    Points : 6158
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:16 pm

    higurashihougi wrote:Bye bye Turkey.

    https://www.rt.com/news/323825-us-turkey-syrian-border/

    US urges Turkey to close off its Syrian border to ISIS - media

    Washington is urging Ankara to seal off a 100-kilometer stretch of borderline with Syria currently used by Islamic State for transportation of fighters and supplies into the Syrian war zone. The Turkish Army would need an estimated 30,000 personnel to do this.

    The Obama administration is urging Turkey to ensure Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) in Syria receives no supplies through the Turkish border, the Wall Street Journal reports, citing sources in Washington. The request involves sealing off part of the frontier between the western Turkish town of Kilis and Jarabulus in eastern Syrian.
    Wow, if true I'll have to update the comment I just made about air defences being the biggest result.

    The Turks action has resulted in that US decision, the second most important event in keeping Assad in power, after the Russian intervention. The Turks must be feeling really proud about that Smile

    This is the best revenge that Moscow could have hoped for. Those Russians certainly didn't die in vain.
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:26 pm

    Werewolf wrote:I've encountered quite a view alabano/croati/serbs that speak to many languages to comprehent why and from where.

    Know a greek at work he speaks 7 languages. Fluent in arabic, turkish, good in russian, greek of course, not bad in romanian and forgot another one.

    From where do you know those languages and why?

    Because being a memeber of the PPSH wasn't only about talking crap on stakhanovist Albanians producing more than a rigged VW engine. I'm from south Albania, if you don't know 3 languages you can't survive there (Albanian, Greek, Italian). Plus our main exit door for many years was only Yugoslavia (that's 4). Working in Brussels for almost 2 decades makes it 5 and almost sic (although I use Dutch as a last resort weapon),  And then you have English. Which was compulsory for outbound comissions (7). Turkish and Farsi it's more of a hobby. Although with the Iranians coming back in my old city it's becoming more than that. There's money to be made and Iranians are outstanding merchants. Plus I'm an Old World kind of guy, even though the current situation, for instance, there are many things I see as my one when some Alevi Ane gets down and prepars Gözleme or Byrek and sets up the ground floor tables. Part of my nieghbourhood were Bektashi. It's the Balkans man, it's all about being so different that you end up being the same people.

    You should come some times, see how beautiful it is, when we don't figth to death.
    avatar
    Morpheus Eberhardt

    Posts : 1929
    Points : 2040
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:30 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:I speak all the 4 nasties. Italian, French, English, Serbo-Croat, understand enough Turkish and Farsi and off course Albanian, which is my mother tongue.

    Impressive.
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5268
    Points : 5473
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Werewolf on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:33 pm

    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:

    Impressive.

    Indeed, my respect.

    I find it very hard to learn new languages. I kind of struggle to get my ass up to learn chinese.
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:42 pm

    Werewolf wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:

    Impressive.

    Indeed, my respect.

    I find it very hard to learn new languages. I kind of struggle to get my ass up to learn chinese.

    It's the future ;-)/
    avatar
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2119
    Points : 2212
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  higurashihougi on Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:11 pm

    Werewolf wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:

    Impressive.

    Indeed, my respect.

    I find it very hard to learn new languages. I kind of struggle to get my ass up to learn chinese.

    Học tiếng Việt đê Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

    (try Vietnamese)

    Off Topic
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5268
    Points : 5473
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Werewolf on Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:55 pm

    higurashihougi wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:

    Impressive.

    Indeed, my respect.

    I find it very hard to learn new languages. I kind of struggle to get my ass up to learn chinese.

    Học tiếng Việt đê Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

    (try Vietnamese)

    Off Topic

    I know some thing.

    Vu do!

    and

    njan njan.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:30 pm