Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+59
Strizh
x_54_u43
Kimppis
Rodinazombie
Project Canada
Bolt
Cucumber Khan
Siempre_Leal
OminousSpudd
Heartbeer
Monarchist
Cyberspec
Walther von Oldenburg
Stealthflanker
Algerian Major
VARGR198
Akula971
Zivo
marat
victor1985
zorobabel
Prince Darling
NationalRus
Manov
franco
Morpheus Eberhardt
Neutrality
ult
Book.
GarryB
d_taddei2
mack8
ultron
Shadåw
higurashihougi
ExBeobachter1987
Dima
Flyboy77
Vann7
iraqidabab
TheArmenian
max steel
flamming_python
Werewolf
Solncepek
medo
zg18
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Max Italy
par far
magnumcromagnon
sepheronx
KoTeMoRe
Khepesh
PapaDragon
JohninMK
mutantsushi
George1
HUNTER VZLA
63 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

Solncepek
    Solncepek

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 34 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

Post  Solncepek Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:21 am

Глава комитета Госдумы РФ по международным делам Алексей Пушков предположил, что операция Воздушно-космических сил РФ в Сирии может продлиться около четырех месяцев.

"В Москве говорят о трех или четырех месяцах операций", — сказал Пушков в интервью телеканалу Europa 1.

For me it means, that untill the mid 2016 all terrorist scumbags in Syria must be finished.
    The most serious obstacles for the upcoming ground offensive will be the weather conditions.
    It's now autumn in Syria - season of rain, fog, humiidity. Then comes winter - let's hope there will be no too much snow this year...
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 34 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

Post  sepheronx Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:24 am

Solncepek wrote:Глава комитета Госдумы РФ по международным делам Алексей Пушков предположил, что операция Воздушно-космических сил РФ в Сирии может продлиться около четырех месяцев.

"В Москве говорят о трех или четырех месяцах операций", — сказал Пушков в интервью телеканалу Europa 1.

For me it means, that untill the mid 2016 all terrorist scumbags in Syria must be finished.
    The most serious obstacles for the upcoming ground offensive will be the weather conditions.
    It's now autumn in Syria - season of rain, fog, humiidity. Then comes winter - let's hope there will be no too much snow this year...

Guarantee it will last more than 4 months.  Unless there is major breakthroughs. 4 months is too much of a random number and I have a feeling it is to quell anyone who is opposed to this till they forget.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:41 am

Khepesh wrote:I guess this could be in several threads, but this will do
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 34 9a0fa3f12079

Nothing more satifying than going to the office and finding Khepesh taking a dump on human trash. Good times.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:28 am

Russian Air Force Destroys ISIL Command Center, Training Camp in Syria

ISIL = ISILEUANZUS
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:29 am

Nice video filmed by the cannibals.. alah wakbarrrrr..
    Shows apparently Russia airforce bombing Hama..

https://www.facebook.com/syrianmilitary/videos/vb.349059891842066/924668147614568/?type=2&theater

I really think the idea of weapons targeting by sound is not really crazy..
    U just drop a bomb and wait the terrorist scream. like monkeys. and then aim
    later at their direction. the real package of bombs..
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:37 am

Vann,
    Thanks for that footage, Al Jazeera was playing that footage in all their opening news stream yesterday and was waiting to get the full version of it. Tks.

Btw,  The strikes need to be round the clock and target all the command, weapons center, supply routes and the terrorists on the front line. This will drain the terrorists of their fighting resources and wont be able to hold out long.

Solncepek wrote:Senator John McCain reacted to Russia’s announcement that it had begun launching air strikes targeting ISIS militants in Syria by calling on the White House to arm Syrian rebels with weapons to shoot down Russian planes.
    If anything of that sort happen, it will give Russian military a perfect reason to bomb the crap out of the FSA and they need to be destroyed. Any western funded/supported armed group is a threat to Syria and the region.

The only one negative point to this whole campaign was the use of terms like fighting ISIS by the Russian side. That should have been avoided and instead they should have used fighting Islamic terrorists as the catch word. The use of fighting ISIS has given a chance to Western and Arabian terrorists supporters to bark at Russian strike.
    ult

Post  ult Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:00 pm

Pictures from the inside the base - http://www.kp.ru/daily/26440/3311460/

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 34 1007240

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 34 1007239

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 34 1007263

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 34 1007262

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 34 1007261

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 34 12120510_896723540398399_1242548184_n

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 34 12132906_1034304033292997_888459528_n
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:16 pm

^ nice  thumbsup
    All i want to see now is the the AD units getting strengthened.

Akula971 wrote:Guys, whats the plan of action here ??

RuAF goes and bombs the shit out of ISIS and its allies. This is enough to destroy morale, equipment, CnC hubs. Pretty much everything in the said AO.

Creates enough leeway for SAA to mount an offensive ? Or do Russians spearhead an assault ?
    Yes thats it. Russia will be providing the strike from the air and if needed definitely from the ground. But since Iranians ground units are coming they might be the first ones to go into the frontline offensive.

The way i see it (i would request someone to post the latest map of territory held), ISIS 'strongpoints' are mostly rural far off areas. If RuAF does bomb these areas, in theory SAA can move out (if they have the men) and capture those first. Right now it seems that VVS is going after points closer to the current line of control of ISIS and SAA but maybe with time they'll go after those too ?

I just want to get an idea of what we should expect next. A solo air campaign never destroys an enemy. (thats my opinion). You need boots on the ground for clean up. I remember Kadyrov saying - I want my men to be the first boots on the ground - (which is good because they are experienced now, from Donbass.) Jokes aside, I doubt if SAA has the man power to carryout assaults.
    I feel, Russia's priority will be to cleanse the surrounding areas of Latakia and advance their airstrikes along the Turkish border there by cutting the supply lines and wiping out as many terrorists from the air. This is an area where Syrian AF has not been able to have a free hand.

Once Latakia and surrounding area has been sanitized, I believe (& I want!) they will be going south to do the same along the Golan heights and seal the area from Israeli and Israeli supported terrorists.
    ult

Post  ult Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:17 pm

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 34 Iz5N4k9
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:19 pm

Vann7 wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/syrianmilitary/videos/vb.349059891842066/924668147614568/?type=2&theater

U just drop a bomb  and wait the terrorist scream. like monkeys. and then aim

Seriously i have a huge problem with this conditioned islamophobia and the people who are conditioned with it or show signs of it, automatically stop using their brains.

"Allahu akbar" is conditioned into society just like we have "Oh My God", in german "Ohh Mein Gott" in Russian "Bozhe Moy". That is embbeded into the language and responsive vocal behavior. I am a Anti-theist and still i like most others use this phrase when not conscious about it, like in a shock reaction. If we would not measure by double standards than we should nuke entire europe entire christian world for the same religious terrorist screaming nutheadery.
    Solncepek
    Solncepek

Post  Solncepek Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:27 pm

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 34 6296118
    left - ISIS, right - moderate

Imho the most important things for ground forces right now are the cleansing of Zabadani & eastern Damascus !
    The rear must be safe before moving forward to Hama, Homs and Idlib.

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:28 pm

Did you notice that people on beheading videos usually don't scream "oh my God!" or "Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!"? Didn't you?

They usually scream something else. A hint - the phrase is in Arabic and you mentioned it in your post.
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:33 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:

U just drop a bomb  and wait the terrorist scream. like monkeys. and then aim

Seriously i have a huge problem with this conditioned islamophobia and the people who are conditioned with it or show signs of it, automatically stop using their brains.

"Allahu akbar" is conditioned into society just like we have "Oh My God", in german "Ohh Mein Gott" in Russian "Bozhe Moy". That is embbeded into the language and responsive vocal behavior. I am a Anti-theist and still i like most others use this phrase when not conscious about it, like in a shock reaction. If we would not measure by double standards than we should nuke entire europe entire christian world for the same religious terrorist screaming nutheadery.
    Good point. thumbsup
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:43 pm

Solncepek wrote:Imho the most important things for ground forces right now are the cleansing of Zabadani & eastern Damascus !
    The rear must be safe before moving forward to Hama, Homs and Idlib.
    +1
    But they aren't taking their forces out of the rear to fight in other sectors. The frontlines in Hama, Idlib etc need to be serviced in parallel and the seige on Kuweires Military Airbase need to be ended at the earliest, which can can only happen with Russian air strikes.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:55 pm

So far the plan being enacted in Syria is sheer genius on the strategic front, as well as in the PR department. Don't expect them not to anticipate any Western moves from this point forward. Russia seems to be atleast two steps ahead in the Great Game at the moment.

The irony is that the wests actions in Libya pretty much made Russian intervention in Syria mandatory to prevent western air power giving anti assad forces to much capability.

According to RT MCCain is claiming the Russians have taken out anti assad forces including western mercs and US trained radicals.

Personally I would be hitting them first.
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:33 pm

GarryB wrote:

According to RT MCCain is claiming the Russians have taken out anti assad forces including western mercs and US trained radicals.

For sure, the FSA are certainly not the good guys like McCain is trying to con people into believing, they are legitimate terrorist targets who are part of the illegal US plan for regime change in Syria. A lot of the FSA joined ISIS, just so you know where their heads are at, they have a lot of Syrian blood on their hands.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:35 pm

GarryB wrote:
    So far the plan being enacted in Syria is sheer genius on the strategic front, as well as in the PR department. Don't expect them not to anticipate any Western moves from this point forward. Russia seems to be atleast two steps ahead in the Great Game at the moment.

The irony is that the wests actions in Libya pretty much made Russian intervention in Syria mandatory to prevent western air power giving anti assad forces to much capability.

If the Russian controlled actions in Ukraine in Jan/Feb are anything to go by there seems to be a conscious effort to allow mercs etc a window of opportunity to escape. Like now for example with very few if any strikes in the East.

It would have been very easy to hit a couple of obvious ISIS sites in the East at the start, good PR as well, but they didn't. One suspects that many 'outsiders' have read the runes and are on their way out or demanding a big payrise to stay.
    Monarchist
    Monarchist

Post  Monarchist Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:46 pm

So do people really think that there will be an ground offensive by combined forces of SAA, IRGC, Hezbollah, Iraqi shias with russian air support..?
    If so, which objective?
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:50 pm

Via axis of advance Idlib-->Aleppo-->Raqqa-->Deir Ezzor.

But a joint Syrian-IRGC advance is unlikely.
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:00 pm

Some pictures of the VKS aircraft:
    http://www.visualrian.ru/ru/site/feature/502185/
    Solncepek
    Solncepek

Post  Solncepek Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:35 pm

Attention: the source is an american brainwashed redneck :

Hawaii Air Guard F-22s Deploy To The Middle East As Tensions With Russia Build

A gaggle of F-22A Raptors belonging to the 199th Fighter Squadron, which is part of the 154th Wing of the Hawaiian Air National Guard, deployed to the Middle East yesterday. This comes as tensions are hot between the U.S. and Russia over Syria.
    Deployments of F-22s to the Middle East are nothing new. The stealth fighters, at least about a half dozen of them, have had a seemingly constant presence there for the last half decade or so. Based out of Al Dhafra Air Base in the UAE, forward deployed Raptors were called into action during the opening airstrikes against ISIS and Al-Nusra targets in Syria last year. They are said to have had sporadic presence over the embattled country ever since.

It is not clear if the 199th Fighter Squadron’s deployment has been long planned as a replacement for F-22s already in the region, or if it will be to bolster the force. It would make great sense that additional Raptors would have been ordered to the theater considering Russia’s rapid buildup of air power in Syria over the last month.

This is especially valid considering that Russia is now actively using that air power over Syria and started doing so without any coordination with the U.S.-led anti-ISIS coalition already operating over the country.
    Apparently Russia’s warning as to their imminent use of air power in Syria came via a Russian General who walked into the U.S. Embassy in Iraq and told officials that the U.S. has one hour to clear the skies above Syria before Russian air operations begin.

Bolstering the F-22 force in light of the Russia’s dramatic geopolitical choices over the last few weeks makes total sense. The aircraft can be present in Syrian airspace while not appearing on enemy radar, soaking up electromagnetic intelligence from Russian aircraft while also working as a sentry of sorts for allied fighter, attack and unmanned aircraft operating in the largely ISIS held eastern part of the country. If need be, the F-22 can also confront Russia fighter aircraft should they make an aggressive move towards coalition aircraft.

As of now, Russia’s fighter aircraft contingent in Syria is tiny. Just four Su-30SM Flankers are known to be deployed to Russia’s master air base south of the Syrian port city of Latakia. Two dozen attack aircraft (Su-25s and Su-24s) are present there as well along with what seems to be close to a two dozen attack and transport helicopters (Mi-8/17s and Mi-35s).
    There are wide reports that Russia’s advanced Su-34 Fullback fighter-bombers are also deployed to the region as well, but so far these have not been substantiated with photographic evidence.

As we mentioned in previous pieces, the Su-30s that are there as a minimum force that will most likely sit on quick-reaction alert and fly sporadic air cover missions for Russian attack aircraft. With this in mind, and considering that Russia has not deployed its long-range surface-to-air missile systems to Syria yet, the threat to allied aircraft, most of which can easily defend themselves, is not substantial.

This could change in the future if more Russian counter-air capable assets arrive in Syria. As such, just the knowledge that F-22s are keeping a persistent watch over coalition air operations may make the Russians pause before proclaiming defacto air superiority over the country or harassing coalition aircraft going about their anti-ISIS business.

One of the best things about the F-22 is the enemy finding it tough to know if it is even present at any given time, allowing for a small force to make a huge impact. Still, just a half dozen or so jets in the region based a thousand miles away from Syria is not a credible deterrent, even if the enemy cannot know if they are in the area or not. Adding the six or so jets from the Hawaii ANG is a whole different story.

Additionally, a substantial F-22 force deployed to the CENTCOM region gives commanders options that they do not have with 4th generation fighter aircraft Options in such a potentially volatile military situation are incredibly valuable.

Maybe it will take a F-22 pilot loitering at close to 60,000 feet above central Syria to suddenly turn off their “low-probability of intercept” radar mode and actively paint a Flanker with radar from over a hundred miles away, just to go electromagnetically silent again and disappear, to remind Russia who and what exactly they are dealing with.
    Who knows - that could be the Hawaii Air National Guard’s very mission.

Note: We reached out the 154th Wing for comment and have yet to hear back from them.
    =============================

I expect to see first photos of russian S-300 complex very soon...
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:12 pm

What this news, admitted to by the West itself, of these US-backed "moderates" joining Al Qaeda's ranks by the thousands proves is that at the very least America's policy of building up a moderate opposition has failed entirely. What documented evidence stretching back as far as 2007 proves is that the US had no intention of building up a moderate opposition in the first place, and news of "defections" are simply cover for the direct funding and arming of Al Qaeda and ISIS in Syria.

At the very least, Russia bombing these groups either having already defected to Al Qaeda, or inevitably going to defect to Al Qaeda, is doing the Pentagon a favor.

Russia is Bombing Al Qaeda

This leads back to the most recent New York Times article. Russia is not arbitrarily bombing "moderates" backed by the US in Syria to stave off allegedly "legitimate" opposition to the government in Damascus - Russia is bombing terrorists who are either operating under the banner of Al Qaeda but are portrayed as otherwise by the US, or will inevitably end up turning their fighters and weapons over to Al Qaeda. Russia is bombing Al Qaeda.

The New York Times article would also claim:

“By supporting Assad and seemingly taking on everybody fighting Assad,” Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter said Wednesday, Russia is “taking on the whole rest of the country that’s fighting Assad.” Some of those groups, he added, are supported by the United States and need to be part of a political resolution in Syria.

Indeed, Russia is undoubtedly bombing militants supported by the United States, but that is only because the United States has intentionally supported Al Qaeda and ISIS in Syria. At any time if the United States truly wanted to strike an irreparable blow at ISIS forces, it could simply seal off the Turkish border across which the summation of ISIS' supplies, fighters, weapons, and vehicles flow. By securing the Turkish-Syrian border to the north, and the Jordanian-Syrian border in the south, the United States could strangle ISIS out of existence in a month, if not sooner.

Part of a much larger informative article by Tony Cartalucci http://landdestroyer.blogspot.mx/2015/09/us-complains-as-russia-bombs-its.html#more
    ult

Post  ult Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:17 pm

Latakia

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 34 Tsjna9I
    Hachimoto

Post  Hachimoto Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:29 pm

Frogfoot hit by rebels

ult

Post  ult Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:30 pm

Hachimoto wrote:Frogfoot hit by rebels

It's fake. Has been debunked a million times. Do not bring this crap here, please.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:22 am