Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+59
Strizh
x_54_u43
Kimppis
Rodinazombie
Project Canada
Bolt
Cucumber Khan
Siempre_Leal
OminousSpudd
Heartbeer
Monarchist
Cyberspec
Walther von Oldenburg
Stealthflanker
Algerian Major
VARGR198
Akula971
Zivo
marat
victor1985
zorobabel
Prince Darling
NationalRus
Manov
franco
Morpheus Eberhardt
Neutrality
ult
Book.
GarryB
d_taddei2
mack8
ultron
Shadåw
higurashihougi
ExBeobachter1987
Dima
Flyboy77
Vann7
iraqidabab
TheArmenian
max steel
flamming_python
Werewolf
Solncepek
medo
zg18
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Max Italy
par far
magnumcromagnon
sepheronx
KoTeMoRe
Khepesh
PapaDragon
JohninMK
mutantsushi
George1
HUNTER VZLA
63 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

Post  Guest Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:52 pm

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 CPsQZtxWEAEQe0T

Mi24 derivate in Syria apparently.
    Vann7

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

Post  Vann7 Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:08 pm

There is recent information from Pro Syrian government sources social media..that i did not paid much attention ..and now i realize how important it is.. apparently ,the City of IDLIB who fall
    to ALnusra some months ago.. was not only taken by ALQAEDA/Alnusra.. but that actually
    the Turkey Army is there.. Shocked  With tanks ,artillery and everything NATO have. Is also worth mentioning that Kerry is claiming that the so called "moderate Opposition" is in IDLIB and will not tolerate bombing on them.. This means that Russia bombing of IDLIB will be effectively bombing
    the Turkey ARmy.. We will see.. but if i were to guess.. IM sure Putin have warned Turkey that needs to redraw from there because the Russian Airforce will flattern the whole place.. and is just giving some time them to retreat.

here is the way the battle of Idlib was described by pro Syrian social media ,with apparent information from Syrian government.. when speaking about the battle of idlib.

"A battle very different to anything ever faced in any other part of Syria.." and that "they cannot explain why"...  

So what can be different than a Turkey Army invasion? Because already Syrian army have been fighting Alqaeda for a long time and ISIS too.. This also was mentioned in Syrian perspective ..that Turkey helped signficantly in the take over of IDLIB.. but now the information is that Turkey army a major force is there too under the cover of "Moderates" ,and this are the zones that western media paint as in "control" of the FSA..  and i will not be surprised that Americans
    special forces are in IDLIB too.. and other NATO forces.

Im sure that once Russia start dropping those heavy bombs over IDLIB the Turkey chicken terrorist army will run away to their country. If i was in charge of the operations will order Russian airforce to totally destroy the entire city..and burn it to ashes with lethal chemicals..
    that no even rats in tunnels will survive the fire and toxic gases .

Post  Guest Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:16 pm

Vann7 wrote:There is recent information from Pro Syrian government sources social media..that i did not paid much attention ..and now i realize how important it is.. apparently ,the City of IDLIB who fall
    to ALnusra some months ago.. was not only taken by ALQAEDA/Alnusra.. but that actually
    the Turkey Army is there.. Shocked  With tanks ,artillery and everything NATO have. Is also worth mentioning that Kerry is claiming that the so called "moderate Opposition" is in IDLIB and will not tolerate bombing on them.. This means that Russia bombing of IDLIB will be effectively bombing
    the Turkey ARmy.. We will see.. but if i were to guess.. IM sure Putin have warned Turkey that needs to redraw from there because the Russian Airforce will flattern the whole place.. and is just giving some time them to retreat.

here is the way the battle of Idlib was described by pro Syrian social media ,with apparent information from Syrian government.. when speaking about the battle of idlib.

"A battle very different to anything ever faced in any other part of Syria.." and that "they cannot explain why"...  

So what can be different than a Turkey Army invasion? Because already Syrian army have been fighting Alqaeda for a long time and ISIS too.. This also was mentioned in Syrian perspective ..that Turkey helped signficantly in the take over of IDLIB.. but now the information is that Turkey army a major force is there too under the cover of "Moderates" ,and this are the zones that western media paint as in "control" of the FSA..  and i will not be surprised that Americans

Im sure that once Russia start dropping those heavy bombs over IDLIB the Turkey chicken terrorist army will run away to their country. If i was in charge of the operations will order Russian airforce to totally destroy the entire city..and burn it to ashes with lethal chemicals..

Well there are no proven reports of Turkish involment in this conflict directly, while they truly are closing eyes regarding ISIS oil traficking, also some reports claim they actually did provide them with some intelligence and small arms. But Turkish army to our knowledge did not directly participate in fights aganist Syrian Arab Army.

"Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has said Turkish support was the main factor that helped insurgents to seize the northwestern Syrian city of Idlib from his government's control last month. Idlib, a short drive from the Turkish border, is only the second provincial capital to fall to insurgents in the four-year-old civil war. It was captured by an alliance of Islamist groups including al Qaeda's Syrian arm, the Nusra Front."Any war weakens any army, not matter how strong, no matter how modern," Assad said in an interview with Swedish newspaper Expressen, published on Friday." Source:http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/17/us-mideast-crisis-syria-assad-idUSKBN0N80N820150417

"Syrian air defense forces shot down a Turkish spy drone after it violated the Arab country’s airspace and flew over parts of the Northwestern province of Idlib.

Turkey’s unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) violated Syria’s airspace on Thursday to carry out spy mission before being targeted over the town of Tale Khattab, situated about 10 kilometers (6.2 miles) to East of the city of Jisr al-Shughour, near the border with Turkey. The aircraft was purportedly collecting intelligence and taking photos for the Jeish al-Fath terrorist group following several failed attempts by the militants to capture Tale Khattab." Source: https://syrianfreepress.wordpress.com/2015/07/18/saa-shot-down-drone/

"Idlib countryside: Syrian Arab Army caught Turkish and Saudi officials by a special operation. Along with these officials, advanced communication devices, radars, military logistics tech, computers and various documents have been confiscated." Source: https://syrianfreepress.wordpress.com/2015/06/09/turkish-saudi-spy/

So Turkey truly does have some indirect role in this whole mess, but they did not participate directly in this conflict.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:04 pm

Militarov wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:There is recent information from Pro Syrian government sources social media..that i did not paid much attention ..and now i realize how important it is.. apparently ,the City of IDLIB who fall

Well there are no proven reports of Turkish involment in this conflict directly, while they truly are closing eyes regarding ISIS oil traficking, also some reports claim they actually did provide them with some intelligence and small arms. But Turkish army to our knowledge did not directly participate in fights aganist Syrian Arab Army.

Well Turkish troops did a incursion in to Syrian territory, but they needed a "cover" for likely transporting convoys of weapons:

Turkish military conduct ground op in Syria to evacuate soldiers from holy place

‘Flagrant aggression:’ Damascus livid after Turkey’s incursion onto Syrian soil

Post  Guest Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:17 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Well Turkish troops did a incursion in to Syrian territory, but they needed a "cover" for likely transporting convoys of weapons:

Turkish military conduct ground op in Syria to evacuate soldiers from holy place

‘Flagrant aggression:’ Damascus livid after Turkey’s incursion onto Syrian soil

Aware of that, however those were not real combat operations, they did couple more incursions while fighting Kurds too, not only this year but last couple years, but we cant count those as involvment tbh.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am

Il-18/20 reportedly over Idlib
    Arrow https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPrVmwTUkAAN82u.png

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 CPrVmwTUkAAN82u

and a few more pics from Latakia...

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 Th_133074214_Su24_122_725lo Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 Th_133075549_Mi24_122_743lo Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 Th_133076985_An124_122_110lo
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 Th_133077529_Su24_idlib_122_422lo

medo wrote:On the video is a Flogger jet. If it use PGMs, than maybe Russia deliver to Syria some MiG-27 bombers.

I think it's a regular Sy-AF MiG-23BN but armed with heavier ordnance of which they were running low apparently
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:21 am

i know its a long way off, but anybody here thought about whats likely to happen once ISIS is destroyed or more likely pushed from Syria into Iraq.
    will the west try and start bombing Syrian military? or arming rebels with stingers etc? i either way its will get messy unless after ISIS is gone everyone then sits down and talks which i believe will also end up being messy. It will be interesting in the Kurds will want to form there own country because i suspect thy do but Turkey will greatly oppose this. any thoughts on the future of Syria??????????

Post  Guest Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:44 am

"The Syrian army has started using unmanned aircrafts for the first time in operations against terrorist groups, a security source in Damascus told AFP.

“The Syrian government today began using unmanned Russian-made drones in operations against terrorists in the north and east of the country,” the source said without giving any further details on the type of the aircrafts or the sites targeted.

Fox News has claimed that up to 24 Russian attack aircraft — including Sukhoi Su-25 “Frogfoot” and Sukhoi Su-24 “Fencer” jets — have arrived, this is in addition to four Su-27s that previously were seen. Su-24s are advanced supersonic attack aircraft.

“This is a significant upgrade to Russia’s ability to carry out bombing missions inside Syria,” a US official was quoted by the website.

“More advanced tanks arrived over the weekend as well, bringing the total of T-90 tanks to nine. Previously, U.S. officials said six were on the ground. SA-22 surface-to-air missiles also have been seen in the latest satellite imagery over Bassel al-Assad airbase, Syria’s second largest airport which was converted into a Russian forward operating base,” the website said."

Source: http://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syria-uses-unmanned-russian-made-drones-for-the-first-time/
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:00 am

i wonder if Iran will also send there Mig-23 they have in storage seeing as they sent there Su-17/22, i know the Mig-23 aren't the greatest aircraft out there but overhauled the Syrian air force could use them with no training needed as they already use them, there current Mig-23 will surely be on there last legs with the amount of hours they have been putting in and its unlikely Iran will ever use them, only question is how air worthy are the 9 Iranian ones in storage. Belarus could also overhaul and ship some of its Su-24 they have in storage if they have any left that is after selling some to some African countries. I think Algeria should start providing more support even if it were just muntions.

Post  Guest Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:55 am

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 CPtgquEU8AASLa_

New satellite imagery from AllSource Analysis. Istamo Weapon Facility in Syria (southeast of Latakia). Evidence of new paving/clearing operations, logistics/storage, and both Mi-17 and Ka-27/28 helos in newly-paved areas.

Source: http://understandingwar.org/backgrounder/new-russian-activity-syria-istamo-weapon-storage-facility-se-latakia-september-24-2015#sthash.jLvpbIIf.dpuf

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 CPthuVYUEAApt3Q

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:01 am

Peace in Syria? It’s Putin’s fault: Escobar

BY PEPE ESCOBAR on SEPTEMBER 18, 2015 in AT TOP WRITERS, EMPIRE OF CHAOS, MIDDLE EAST, PEPE ESCOBAR

All one needs to know about the intellectual caliber of the Obama administration is that it is still pondering whether to persist in “ignoring” Russian President Vladimir Putin, or invest in a real partnership to solve the Syrian geopolitical/humanitarian drama. After all, when in doubt between diplomacy or chaos, the Beltway weapon of choice still veers towards the simplistic group think uniting neocons and neoliberalcons: regime change.

And then there’s the non-stop The Russians Are Coming! hysteria — the Cold War 2.0 remix, now switching from the invasion/military occupation of Ukraine to the invasion/military occupation of Syria. The White House — which, same as the Pentagon, does not do irony — actually appealed to the Kremlin to behave in a “more constructive” way side-by-side with the spectacularly inefficient coalition of the dodgy opportunists which is in thesis fighting ISIS/ISIL/Daesh.

White House spokesman Josh Earnest clarified that when Obama decides that the Sisyphean task of picking up the phone and dialing K for Kremlin is actually in America’s interests, he will do it. The Shakespearean doubt may last days — even as Putin reaffirmed, via Kremlin spokesman Dmitri Peskov, he was always open to dialogue.

The White House at least is mulling an offer from Moscow to actually discuss the Russian buildup in Syria via direct military-to-military talks. The Pentagon will do the talking, seeking the “clarity” that so eludes the Obama administration.

Ankara’s double game

Diplomacy, meanwhile, has been hectic. Turkish Foreign Minister Feridun Sinirlioglu went to Sochi to talk Syria – and Ukraine – with the Russians. Ankara’s position remains fossilized; any support for Bashar al-Assad equals more civilian casualties.

They also talked Pipelineistan – as in Turkish Stream; unlike apocalyptic US corporate media reports, the pipeline has not been ditched by Ankara; the problem is Ankara cannot even form a coherent government after the June elections.

Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC)’s superstar commander Qasem Soleimani also went to Moscow this week to promote Damascus-Moscow cooperation. Wait; he didn’t, because Moscow flatly denied the visit. Soleimani was in Russia actually three months ago. The next important meeting to discuss Syria is actually on Monday, between Iranian deputy foreign minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian and his Russian counterpart, Mikhail Bogdanov.

A quick recap is essential. The Syrian Arab Spring chapter was sponsored/financed/weaponized mostly by Ankara – totally reversing its previous “zero problems with our neighbors” geopolitical doctrine — with backing by Doha, substantial House of Saud involvement and full led-from-behind support by the Obama White House.

After over four and a half years and immeasurable tragedy, the real face of this “Assad must go” regime change operation is the refugee crisis. Over 2 million out of 4 million Syrians fled to Turkey; Ankara recently released them en masse from holding camps on their way to the Balkans and the Teutonic Promised Land.

So Ankara is right at the center of the largest refugee crisis in Europe in 70 years. And so is Ankara-supporting Washington; ISIS/ISIL/Daesh captured all the weapons delivered with CIA help to that pathetic “Free Syrian Army” – as well as tanks and Humvees from the disjointed US-trained Iraqi Army. Any possible solution for relieving the refugee crisis while fighting ISIS/ISIL/Daesh must include cutting off Ankara’s myriad direct and indirect forms of “support” for the fake “Caliphate.”

The problem is Ankara is part of the supremely inefficient US coalition. The glaring paradox at least has been identified by some adults in Washington. Yet the Obama administration is still besotted by a dominatrix Ankara playing wag the dog. Team Obama still believes “Assad must go” is responsible not only for the creation of the fake “Caliphate” — an absurdity gleefully repeated by David of Arabia Cameron and General Hollande — but he’s also responsible for the abysmal failure of the US coalition to smash it. It’s actually Ankara that rules what passes for a no-fly zone along the Turkish-Syrian border, and what Ankara wants to fight is Syrian Kurds or PKK Kurds, not al-Baghdadi’s goons.

Damn, where’s my ground intel?

Meanwhile the Pentagon machine, were they to focus on the “mission,” could shock and awe the “Caliphate” goons on a weekend binge. Yet considering how much they did not learn in Iraq, it’s unlikely the Pentagon has minimally decent ground intel.

It’s all about an over 400 kilometer-long desert strip alongside the Sykes-Picot-in-disarray Syrian-Iraqi border — between al-Baaj in northern Iraq and Rutba near the Jordanian border. Some call it the Iraqi Tora Bora; yes, it does look a bit like Afghanistan, only with more desert.

ISIS/ISIL/Daesh rules over the provinces of Ninive, Dijla, Ifrit and Al-Jazeera in Iraq, Abu Kamal and Deir ez-Zor in Syria, and most of all in Iraqi Furhat, around al-Baaj; that’s where the ISIS/ISIL/Daesh command and control center is located. If some Pentagon analyst took the trouble to contact Iraqi analyst Hisham al-Hashemi, he would tell him that al-Baghdadi himself is holed up in al-Baaj, along with his two wives. But who’s actually in command for the moment is the emir for Syria and Iraq, Abu Alaa al-Afari.

The US never managed to control these desolate lands – not to mention, previously, Saddam Hussein. Local tribes are extremely hardcore and excel in smuggling. “Caliphate” goons married tribal women and are totally integrated. All Shi’ites are derided as evil heretics, even worse than Christians. Guess who indoctrinated the tribals? Saudi Arabian imams.

Yet the coalition could easily bomb to smithereens five ISIS/ISIL/Daesh special batallions – up to 500 jihadis each, divided by nationality and specialization, and all concentrated locally; GCC and Maghreb nationals assure the protection of the commanders, for instance, while Eastern Europeans and Asians collect the loot, taxes and take care of weapons transportation. The key brigade is the one that “liberated” Mosul; 80% are Iraqis, and they are now fighting in Hassake, in Syria.

There may be up to 125,000 “Caliphate” goons in action, including up to 15,000 foreigners. But the hydra-like heads of the snake are in al-Baaj. Raze it to the ground, and we got Perseus Obama slaying the jihadi medusa.

Instead, we have the pitiful spectacle of four – I repeat, four – US-trained “moderate rebels” left to fight ISIS/ISIL/Daesh in Syria, as admitted by US General Lloyd Austin at a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing this past Wednesday. Everyone remembers those “rebels” out of a hefty group of 54 who were attacked by Jabhat al-Nusra in July. That is, al-Qaeda in Syria – paraded as “moderate” by neocons and US corporate media — reduced the “moderate rebel” Obama administration chimera (15,000! Well trained and well equipped!) to … well, a chimera.

Aaaaand now, heeere’s Putin

The Obama administration – duly followed by the European minions – simply won’t listen. Already in 2014 former UN-Arab League representative for Syria, Lakhdar Brahimi, was saying the Russian analysis of the whole Syrian puzzle was right from the beginning.

Now, Nobel peace prize winner and former negotiator Martti Ahtisaari is saying that already in early 2012 a Russian proposal was floated that included Assad stepping out of power after peace negotiations with credible, non-jihadi opposition interlocutors.

What Moscow has done now is to step up the diplomatic game – trying to bridge the gap between Damascus and the credible opposition (not exactly a huge crowd) while cobbling up a real coalition to fight ISIS/ISIL/Daesh; as far as Moscow is concerned, this is a major national security threat, what with jihadis slouching towards “Syraq” from the Volga to the north Caucasus.

And here we find an important distinction; Russia’s national security interests do not necessarily converge with Iran’s national security interests (as in Syria offering a bridge to Hezbollah and also a Mediterranean projection for Iran.)

Still, Moscow’s is the only diplomatic game in town because Washington’s Plan A continues to be regime change, and there’s no coherent “Western” road map which simultaneously guarantees smashing ISIS/ISIL/Daesh while preventing the catastrophic dismemberment of the Syrian state.

Assad’s position, in detail, is here. Putin’s position, in detail, is here. It’s up to any informed, unbiased observer to draw the necessary conclusions. Meanwhile, the enormity of the refugee crisis is open to scrutiny practically next door to EU headquarters; no summit-addicted Eurocrat even bothered to go there and talk to the asylum seekers.

As it ramps up the diplomatic front, Moscow obviously pays attention to facts on the ground – as in the expanded infrastructure at Latakia’s air base where Russian advisers are stationed. US Think Tankland’s concerted hysteria denouncing the build up “greatly complicates” the US-led coalition campaign do not even qualify as a kindergarten prank.

There won’t be a “direct clash” between coalition F-16s and Russian jets – and the Pentagon knows it. What the Pentagon cannot possibly admit is that the Russian build up necessarily prevents funny ideas such as the coalition pulling a Turk – as in bombing Assad’s forces instead of ISIS/ISIL/Daesh. And by the way, Ankara’s clout in Washington continues to drop – as in the US not being part of a much-hyped no-fly zone to be established over northern Aleppo.

Turkey and GCC coalition members have been indirectly warned; forget about targeting Russian advisers opposing “moderate rebels” using lethal weapons supplied by Turkey, GCC and the US. “Complicating” the coalition “efforts”, in US Think Tankland newspeak, means one cannot bomb Assad’s forces with impunity. Damn, it’s tough to deliver regime change under so many constraints.

Back to pre-Bismarck?

The EU, meanwhile, pays the price for the regime change obsession, convulsed and torn apart by endless divisions provoked by the refugee crisis coupled with the specter of the eternal recurrence of jihad in the streets – and trains – linking major European capitals. But then, as the EU may desperately want a solution to the tragic Syrian puzzle, we have David of Arabia Cameron and General Hollande getting ready to deliver puny air strikes that will hardly cause “Caliphate” goons to shake in their designer desert boots.

No wonder pan-Europe public opinion is increasingly considering it’s actually the Obama administration which is perpetuating the Syrian tragedy — as long as it sticks to the mirages of regime change, a non-existent “Free Syrian Army,” “moderate rebels” (of the al-Qaeda in Syria kind), not to mention demonizing any support offered by Russia and Iran to Damascus.

Putin could not have been more crystal clear — and adults from Washington to Brussels did get the message; “Without an active participation of the Syrian authorities and the military, it would be impossible to expel the terrorists from that country and the region as a whole … Without Russia’s support for Syria, the situation in the country would have been worse than in Libya, and the flow of refugees even bigger.”

So if there’s any chance of a peace deal in Syria, it’s Putin’s fault.

But there’s another possible scenario being actively discussed for the near future. That would be the “surge’ of multiple microstates across the Middle East – as a counterpunch to internecine carnage. So we would have, among others, Allawistan, Kurdistan, Druzistan, Yazidistan, Houthistan – with borders that are already reasonably clear on the ground.

Talk about a 21st century remix of pre-Bismarck Europe princely states. The precedent is what the EU created in the Balkans; the break up of Yugoslavia across religious lines even as the bulk of the population is Slavic.

A Middle Eastern remix would only work if Turkey and Iran would agree to a Kurdistan. It won’t happen. Most Iraqis and Syrians, for their part, have also developed a strong national identity; 70% of Syrians, in a recent poll, oppose the partition of the country (while 82% view ISIS/ISIL/Daesh as a US and/or foreign made concoction.) Yet Syria arguably could still be split in three, depending on where the US-Russia power play will lead. But as we stand, the struggle for a unified, pacified, secular Syria is the only realpolitik game in town.

http://atimes.com/2015/09/peace-in-syria-its-putins-fault-escobar/
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:03 am

Militarov wrote:Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 CPtgquEU8AASLa_

New satellite imagery from AllSource Analysis. Istamo Weapon Facility in Syria (southeast of Latakia). Evidence of new paving/clearing operations, logistics/storage, and both Mi-17 and Ka-27/28 helos in newly-paved areas.

Source: http://understandingwar.org/backgrounder/new-russian-activity-syria-istamo-weapon-storage-facility-se-latakia-september-24-2015#sthash.jLvpbIIf.dpuf

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 CPthuVYUEAApt3Q

Now this is a real Russian military build up...not that fraud that the Pentagon is claiming in Ukraine.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:04 am

Militarov wrote:
    So Turkey truly does have some indirect role in this whole mess, but they did not participate directly in this conflict.

Turkey have a totally direct role in Syria.. if you are not aware of it.. is because your sources
    suck. I have been following the war in Syria since 2011.. and there is TONS of evidence
    that Turkey is providing weapons to ISIS and using its Intelligence Services to help ISIS and
    any terrorist group to cross into Syria..

There is even Germany Media report of ALqaeda camps in Turkey.. they infiltrated cameras
    inside and found American CIA thugs and many jihadis together eating dinner. near the border of SYRIA.. the report revealed how Turkey provides them weapons and help them to smuggle into
    Syria..  According to Syrian Sources Turkey is already inside Syria.. they invaded.. How big is their force no idea.. but they are there.. Fighting along side  Alnusra.  

Whenever the Syrian Army try to fight the terrorist near Turkey Border.. Turkey use its Artillery
    to bomb Syrian positions DIRECTLY ..they also send small planes inside Syria with supplies for the terrorist fighting the Syrian Government..and if that was not enough they use their Air force to attack Syrian airforce whenever is withing range of their missiles whenever they flight close to Syrian border . no idea how more direct than that can be..  Turkey is in an illegal war against Syria and they are truly guilty of war crimes and genocide of thousands civilians. and the misery of an entire nation.. and the same is true for Israel.

A female journalist (Serena Shim)

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 31912Shim_Large

Who was working for PressTV covering Turkey role in the Syrian war.. discovered
    Alqaeda training camps in Turkey and was doing too much damage to Turkey image..
    with her reports..was found death in a "mysterious " car accident in Turkey when she
    returned from a report near the border.. She told before her death that was fearing for her
    life from the Turkey government ,apparently was being harassed for her reports.

This is one of Serena Shim reports from Turkey near Syria border.. (rest is peace)
    Murdered by the turkey Government.

If this is not direct.. then no idea what direct is.. You can keep downplaying the role of Turkey in
    Syria.. But Turkey is a terrorist criminal state.. and Erdogan is a monster Pig who have the blood of hundreds of Thousands of Syrians on his hands..

Here how Serena Shim the day before she die.. was telling how Turkey
    terrorist intelligence was threatening her.. and she was afraid for her life after that..
    just hours later of that interview she was murdered . This is like taken from a mafia movie.

IS she was opposing Russia.. for sure will have been headlines world wide if killed there..
    and Russia get sanctions.. But because is against a NATO member who leads the war against
    Syria no one complained.. or not even reported by any western press her death.  
    This is the most brutal ,illegal immoral war ,even done on any nation. .targeting directly its civilian population ,A hundreds of journalist either arrested or killed ,for trying to report what happens on Turkey border...sending Alqaeda and ISIS and suicide bombers through borders of Turkey to Syria..,to destroy the nation. Even Entire expensive Machinery from Syria Industries have been looted from Syria and sold to Turkey by Alqaeda for cheap. .

Turkey is on a direct war against Syria.. and seeks its Total destruction  . and now they have their army too inside Syria ,just because they hide their army inside Syria and you dont see them, does not means is "indirect" their participation in Syria.. This is as direct as can be.. Without Turkey the ISIS invasion of Syria and IRAQ will have been impossible. The Son of Erdogan the Pig ,is also very active is sending weapons to ISIS. ..have many instagram photos with his Alqaeda .ISIS buddies. Erdogan is a monster.. like Netanyahu.. and i really hope Russia
    put a missile over his head .. once the war is over.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:16 am

One more satelite pic showing some BTR's and 4 x Tanks

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 LZSgh

First pic of a Su-25 over Syria
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 Okjxr

And a couple of Mi-24's....
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 4ENyS

looks like they've sent over Mi-24PN version. Compare:

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 Th_165450287_Mi_24PN_122_237lo

magnumcromagnon wrote:Now this is a real Russian military build up...not that fraud that the Pentagon is claiming in Ukraine.

Very Happy pirat
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 Th_165173126_NovoRosSyria_122_19lo

Vann7 wrote:
    Turkey is on a direct war against Syria.. and seeks its Total destruction

I agree....it's a particularly dirty, no holds barred type of war
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:23 pm

Russian Jets Strike ISIS in East Aleppo to Propel the Syrian Army’s Advance on Kuweires Airbase

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 Russia10

Israel lost an F-16 to a Syrian S-300 near the end of August. It was defending al Nusra that were attacking something in Quneitra. The Israelis are desperate to annex more land inside Syria and need their al Nusra rats to take over Quneitra. The Israelis pretty much want to steal all the UNDOF-guarded buffer zone from Syria and declare a new buffer zone even further inside Syria so they can finally attack Hezbollah in Southern Lebanon with their aircraft WITHOUT worrying about Syrian air defense.

On the map, you'll see Mt. Hermon. The highest spot near there is Jabal ash Shaykh, the northern tip of the UNDOF zone, which Israel figures it owns. Like the Golan, Israel will not be happy without owning everything that might be used to resist their aggression. Syrian air defense sites on ash Shaykh would be problematic for them, and they want their own missile bases there to attack Damascus. They also need to invade Southern Lebanon and ethnically cleanse the Shebaa Farms and attack Hezbollah, but they can't do that without controlling the mountains.

The Israeli airstrike earlier this week was further up in Beqaa Valley. This is a place of extreme historic significance to Israel. They were able to take out Syria's entire Soviet-era air defense network there in 1982. Israel has basically uses the same strategy today - take out all the SAM sites on the Syrian side of the Golan, then take out all Syrian SAM sites around Damascus and in the Beqaa Valley. They're trying to do that last part now, but then Russia showed up to spoil the party.

Israel was able to use al Nusra for the Syrian Golan SAM sites, but they're starting to lose those. Al Nusra just isn't as reliable as they thought. Israel has been trying to use al Nusra in Quneitra and Shebba Farms, but they keep getting their ass kicked by Hezbollah and the SAA. The recent loss of al Zabadani means their al Nusra/FSA Beqaa valley conquest is not going well either. In other words, their 'defeat the Syrian air defense network' has hit a wall.

Nettanyahu headed to Moscow previous week to threaten Putin. We'll see how well that goes. The current MSM spew is suppose to demonize Russia vis Syria and bolster Israel's psychopathic plans in the eyes of the public. So far, it's been a colossal failure. Everyone dislike Israel and everyone likes Russia (except NATO - and they're starting to come around).

Bibi's threats to nuke the Middle East always let him get whatever he wanted from the U.S. in the past. I would kill to be a fly on the wall of the Nettanyahu-Putin meeting. Bibi goes into a long rant about Hezbollah and Iran, threatening to nuke them both. Putin (bored - trying to remain awake) looks at his watch and says "Are we done here yet, you fucking psychopath? Nuke whomever you want. Russia will attend to her interests however we see fit." Leaving a sputtering, red-faced Nettanyahu demanding promises for Israel's protection as Putin walks out the door - laughing.

Syria shoots down Israeli F-16 in Qunaytra
    Monarchist
    Monarchist

Post  Monarchist Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:37 pm

@ Vann7
    That very same Turkey (Erdogan) that the "dear leader that never does anything wrong" Putin sat with when they together opened Europe's largest mosque in Moscow.
    Russian airplanes and soldiers are going to fight in Syria while russian children are being killed on the russian border with NATO weapons, we should all salute the great leadership especially Peskov that own watches for hundred of thousands of dollars or his whore of a daughter that takes selfies on the worlds most expensive yachts.
    But Putin and his khazar oligarchs have already said and showed tha the lives of jewish and muslim children are worth more then the life of a russian child.
    par far

Post  par far Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:43 pm

max steel wrote:
    Russian Jets Strike ISIS in East Aleppo to Propel the Syrian Army’s Advance on Kuweires Airbase

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 Russia10

Israel lost an F-16 to a Syrian S-300 near the end of August. It was defending al Nusra that were attacking something in Quneitra. The Israelis are desperate to annex more land inside Syria and need their al Nusra rats to take over Quneitra. The Israelis pretty much want to steal all the UNDOF-guarded buffer zone from Syria and declare a new buffer zone even further inside Syria so they can finally attack Hezbollah in Southern Lebanon with their aircraft WITHOUT worrying about Syrian air defense.

On the map, you'll see Mt. Hermon. The highest spot near there is Jabal ash Shaykh, the northern tip of the UNDOF zone, which Israel figures it owns. Like the Golan, Israel will not be happy without owning everything that might be used to resist their aggression. Syrian air defense sites on ash Shaykh would be problematic for them, and they want their own missile bases there to attack Damascus. They also need to invade Southern Lebanon and ethnically cleanse the Shebaa Farms and attack Hezbollah, but they can't do that without controlling the mountains.

The Israeli airstrike earlier this week was further up in Beqaa Valley. This is a place of extreme historic significance to Israel. They were able to take out Syria's entire Soviet-era air defense network there in 1982. Israel has basically uses the same strategy today - take out all the SAM sites on the Syrian side of the Golan, then take out all Syrian SAM sites around Damascus and in the Beqaa Valley. They're trying to do that last part now, but then Russia showed up to spoil the party.

Israel was able to use al Nusra for the Syrian Golan SAM sites, but they're starting to lose those. Al Nusra just isn't as reliable as they thought. Israel has been trying to use al Nusra in Quneitra and Shebba Farms, but they keep getting their ass kicked by Hezbollah and the SAA. The recent loss of al Zabadani means their al Nusra/FSA Beqaa valley conquest is not going well either. In other words, their 'defeat the Syrian air defense network' has hit a wall.

Nettanyahu  headed  to Moscow previous week to threaten Putin. We'll see how well that goes. The current MSM spew is suppose to demonize Russia vis Syria and bolster Israel's psychopathic plans in the eyes of the public. So far, it's been a colossal failure. Everyone dislike Israel and everyone likes Russia (except NATO - and they're starting to come around).

Bibi's threats to nuke the Middle East always let him get whatever he wanted from the U.S. in the past. I would kill to be a fly on the wall of the Nettanyahu-Putin meeting. Bibi goes into a long rant about Hezbollah and Iran, threatening to nuke them both. Putin (bored - trying to remain awake) looks at his watch and says "Are we done here yet, you fucking psychopath? Nuke whomever you want. Russia will attend to her interests however we see fit." Leaving a sputtering, red-faced Nettanyahu demanding promises for Israel's protection as Putin walks out the door - laughing.

Syria shoots down Israeli F-16 in Qunaytra

Is the last part actually true?
    par far

Post  par far Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:46 pm

Monarchist wrote:@ Vann7
    That very same Turkey (Erdogan) that the "dear leader that never does anything wrong" Putin sat with when they together opened Europe's largest mosque in Moscow.
    Russian airplanes and soldiers are going to fight in Syria while russian children are being killed on the russian border with NATO weapons, we should all salute the great leadership especially Peskov that own watches for hundred of thousands of dollars or his whore of a daughter that takes selfies on the worlds most expensive yachts.
    But Putin and his khazar oligarchs have already said and showed tha the lives of jewish and muslim children are worth more then the life of a russian child.

It is politics, it is a dirty thing.
    Prince Darling

Post  Prince Darling Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:32 pm

i see 1917 is back here again
    ult

Post  ult Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:59 pm

They've spread them out a little.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 XKCLAUY6wGs

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 QXTaO6H676w

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 GgpUVZ5bnGA

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 YQQQbKgYIWU

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 MfmJ7tp5J7U

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 GPUWFdjtXfw

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 OMggXsrhsI0

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 Xiv72-rNmoc

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:30 pm

The timing of this exercise is surely a co-incidence. Probably been planned for years Smile

A fleet of Russian warships is bound for the Eastern Mediterranean for drills off the coast of Syria, the Defense Ministry said in a statement Friday. The flotilla, led by the Black Sea Fleet flagship — the guided missile cruiser Moskva — sailed from Sevastopol, Crimea on Thursday and is due to reach the exercise area late on Sunday.

Also taking part in the drill will be the guided missile frigate Smetlivy and the Tapir-class landing ship Saratov as well as a variety of auxiliary ships. They will join another frigate and a missile gunboat that had earlier transited out of the Black Sea into the Mediterranean.

Civilian aircraft have already been warned to stay away from an area between Cyrpus and the Tartus Russian naval base in Syria.

During the exercise, to run into October, the sailors are to perform over forty different combat missions, including missile and artillery firings at surface and aerial targets, anti-ship and air defense as well as search-and-rescue activities and rendering assistance to a distressed vessel.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20150925/1027519126/flotilla-mediterranean-drill.html#ixzz3mkyzyAK2
    HUNTER VZLA
    HUNTER VZLA

Post  HUNTER VZLA Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:38 pm

Su-24 Fencer

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 CPsXdN3WoAADYZG

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 13 CPrWCpvWcAIsDWw
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:27 pm

Is called diplomacy..
    Putin prefer to have doors open ,so that Turkey change its course...  
    But you are not aware of what happens behind the scenes..
    Valery Gerasimov the chief of staff of Russian army just recently told that they should
    provide Syria with Iskander missiles to hit Erdogan Bedroom for his support of ISIS..and compared Erdogan with Hitler.... and Putin does NOT rebuked him..or removed him
    from his post.. simply said nothing..  Wink

This is according to Veterans today..

http://www.veteranstoday.com

The message is clear.. That the Russia General Staff is asking for the killing of erdogan
    and that the Russian Government or Putin, doest not feel offended with the idea. and could consider it.  pirat  

But in reality relations are really bad to its lowest in decades.. Russian civilians cargo planes to Syria even avoid Turkey airspace..which will be a shorter distance. My take is that Erdogan visit to Russia was to cool down relations and show some good will to change.. But we will need to wait and see. But for sure.. if Russia feel ,the war against Turkey cannot be avoided and that is a matter of days or weeks that will start.. then for sure they will put into place any decapitation
    of Turkey leadership through its FSB. like a car bomb ..etc.. to provoke a civil war and avoid a major costly war.

and for the record Syria had a few Su-25 planes and SU24 planes since 2011..also a couple of
    dozens of Mig-29.. and a few  Mi-24 hind copters.  What is new now is the SU-30sm and that
    their bombers are upgraded versions and bigger numbers. Pro Syrian websites also claim Syria
    had some Mig-31 for years.. and stored underground for any special time .
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:31 pm

More possible info on the plane's deployment

A U.S. official who spoke to FoxNews has just confirmed what we reported with plenty of details yesterday: the 28 Russian Sukhoi jets hid under radar signature of cargo planes and made a stopover in Iran en route to Syria.

As already explained, the entire operation was closely monitored by the Israeli Air Force, that during and after the deployment launched several missions of G.550 Eitam CAEW (Conformal Airborne Early Warning) and G.550 Shavit ELINT (Electronic Intelligence) aircraft off Lebanon to gather intelligence on the Russians.

But, the Israeli spyplanes were not only “watching” the Sukhoi Su-30, Su-24 and Su-25 deploying to Latakia: they were most probably more interested in the Syrian Arab Air Force aircraft that were launched to greet and escort the Russians into the Syrian airspace. In fact, it seems that most if not all the formations of combat planes trailing the Il-76 cargo planes, were intercepted and escorted to Latakia by Syrian planes, including SyAAF Mig-29 Fulcrum jets, according to a source who spoke to The Aviationist under the condition of anonymity.

Meanwhile, the Russian planes deployed to Syria have reportedly flown their first local (familiarization) sorties. It’s not clear whether they were accompanied by Syrian planes but, for sure, Israeli ISR (intelligence surveillance reconnaissance) assets were pretty active all day on Sept. 24, circling between Cyprus and Lebanon as their tracks collected by ADS-B on FlightRadar24.com show. Closely monitoring the Russians? Or the Syrian Migs? Most probably, both ones.

http://theaviationist.com/2015/09/25/mig-29s-greeted-russian-air-force-sukhois/
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:47 pm

More on possible Chinese involvement.

China deploys troops to help Russia in Syria. Remember the joint military exercises of Russia and China in the sea and on land? With landing on shore and fighting against terrorists? And here is the answer to the question of why they trained together.

Rusvesna: "An Arab news source [Al Masdar News] reports that a military contingent of the PRC is on the way to Latakia and will arrive in Syrian ports any day. Chinese transport with military cargo was spotted on Tuesday morning, passing through the Suez canal.

Information about the Chinese military experts heading to Tartus was confirmed by the commander of the Syrian army. The report concludes that Moscow will create in Syria an anti-terrorist coalition that will become the alternative version of the military alliance formed by the US for dropping supplies to ISIS. Military entrance of China into the struggle for Syria will be an important addition to today's statement by the Iranian Foreign Ministry. At a press conference with "Russia Today" deputy foreign minister of Iran, Hossein Amir Abdollahian stated that Iran will fight ISIS together with Russia. Notably Amir talked not just about an alliance, but a creation of a broad military coalition.

http://fortruss.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/reports-chinese-ships-head-to-syria.html

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:23 pm